Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Invasion Thou Shall Not Suffer an Empire to Live | AoC invasion of CIS-held Siskeen & Ryloth

Jason Farkas

J
Equipment: Nothing
Objective: Help the Others evacuate the Elders
CIS: Darth Metus Darth Metus | Redd Redd | Astrid Skovgaard | Darth Elyria Darth Elyria | Shalita Verd Shalita Verd
AOC: Madalena Antares Madalena Antares | Kyrinov Kyrinov | Hanna Hanna | The Bridesmaid The Bridesmaid

Hate....

Anger....

Sorrow.....

Those were the words, that described Jason's feelings right now, as he got pulled by the dark side. Darth Elyria Darth Elyria , the woman that reminded him of ravens, the sign of death, was calling him. His focus wasn't there, as he was now focused on the dark side now. Like in a state of trance, Jason tried to resist this pull, but he could try as hard as he wants, the dark side was strong and so it looked like, he would probably fall to the dark side. physically there, but mentally away, Jason was staring into nothing. The words of Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner seemed to be ignored by him, as he continued trying to resist. For this time, everything around him was not important. The explosions, the Mansion, even the elders he respected so much, were nothing more than just beings standing around him. Someone that would look at Jason, would probably see, that something was happening to him.

The darkness....

His own anger started to rise with every moment, and continued with it, up to one point where he couldn't hold it anymore. But...there was a light in the void. As a hand, touched his shoulder, Jason instantly snapped out of it. His green eyes, full of panic, were looking for something when they stopped right and looked at the lady, who touched him( Shalita Verd Shalita Verd ). Blue eyes, that reminded him of the big oceans of his home planet Naboo, were looking right into his own eyes. His savior.

"Yes maam, I will" He said, as he nodded also to confirm that he will fulfill her order. He quickly looked around for any elders, that would need help, and quickly found one. He held the soft and wrinkled hand of one of the elders, as he tried to comfort him

"Don't worry sir, we will get you to safety, even if I have to sacrifice my own life for it." He didn't just say that to comfort the elder. No not at all, he was completely serious. He respected the elder very much. For him, the elders were pretty much, living books, full of wisdom and knowledge. Were other books were talking about things in theory, many elders hat experience with it. The elders were important, not only would they be the ones, forming the future, by teaching but also they were the ones, smart enough to warn the young ones about war. War, the very thing that happened right here right now.

As he began to walk with the elder, he soon followed Redd Redd . "Where are we going ?" he asked the woman, who was standing next to Gerwals not to long ago. Of course, he asked that. Jason didn't know where to go. And also, he didn't really listened to the rest of the conversations, since he was more busy resiting the dark side, which went almost pretty wrong.

Brotherhood.png

Wearing: Wedding Ring | Prosthetic Arm | Semi-Formal Winter Wear
Allies: Faye Malvern Faye Malvern | Daegon Corvinus Daegon Corvinus | Seraphina Corvinus Seraphina Corvinus | Visanj T'shkali Visanj T'shkali | John Locke John Locke | Raven Thystle Raven Thystle | Corius Harckon | Kyyrk Kyyrk | Derek Dib Derek Dib
AoC: Annasari Annasari | Gabriel Volturi Gabriel Volturi | Alwine Daye Alwine Daye
Other: Enlil Enlil | Holly Starstorm
nzwBq0H.png
As events took a turn and the puzzle pieces all began to fall in place, Alden could not help but to shake his head at the virulence and outright bigotry that spat from the lips of those that had come in the name of the Agents of Chaos. Where he’d not had the evidence to draw a legitimate connection previously, was clear as day now. Piled so high, it was a wonder any of these terrorists and tyrants could even breath. Oh how easy lies slipped through their teeth. How their woman had drenched themselves in such a venom, one might just believe they’d amassed a serpent of childish fervor and hate. It was well known that the very leadership that had formed this sect of violent extremist had been once connected to the Confederacy, but these antics and this demeanor they’d cast, resembled more than anything a child’s tantrum when they hadn’t gotten their way. Is this really what they were? Children throwing tantrums because they didn’t get their ways? Whatever the case, the Confederacy had been wise to push them away. And as the cameras in the room caught all of what had followed @Dereck Dib’s revelation, it was easy for the galaxy to see what had become of these Agents of Chaos. Of how they portrayed themselves as sniveling children holding onto grudges because the Confederacy had seen through their farce. This ill-played charade.

But as each of these tantrum laden children took their turns hurling spiteful jests and smears toward Viceroy Dib and the Confederate delegates, it was all too easy to see their arguments had become baseless, lacking any form of foundations. A platform long sense dissolved at the behest of those who supported its frailty. They’d become so emotionally entangled on personal levels that it would raise an eye if even their own denizens found merit in their antics anymore. That was only if their own people were even allowed to witness the Agents’ very own damnation of themselves.

Alden thumbed around on a datapad which lay in his lap, pulling various documents and filed evidence into varying tabs. Among them were profiles of Alwine Daye Alwine Daye and Scherezade deWinter Scherezade deWinter from their time within the Confederacy. The years they spent embracing and voluntarily spreading the Confederacy’s benevolent influence among the stars. Alden's mind drew conclusions of times that they’d slighted the Confederacy and been otherwise stricken down for their actions. Of their conniving and their treason plots before they made their jump to building a nation which stood strong against the very right of life - which may or may not have proven true. Yes, other files were pulled too. The very pamphlets disseminated among the galaxy boasting the the Scintilla’s embracing of slavery - a very act they tried to condemn the Confederacy for. But that accusation was baseless and held with it no merit. Not once would they be able to pull legitimate evidence to support their claims to such. It very much seemed as though these Agents that swore they came with neutrality and peace were the type of governance that screamed “do as I say and not as I do.” Funny, considering that was yet another accusation they hurled in the direction of the Confederacy. Funny how they profiled themselves with everyone they proclaimed was slight against the universe. It would be interesting to see what would happen if their people’s eyes were allowed to open to such truths.

It mattered little from this point, however, as these poor souls had already convicted themselves of the transgression they so fervently denied.

Alden’s fist clenched as Gabriel Volturi Gabriel Volturi threw his very own tantrum in Alden’s eyes. Terrified and angry that he’d been beaten at his own game, yet so foolish as to not realize when he was hopelessly outnumbered. Or perhaps he was just that confident in his abilities in the Force to accept that he could be beaten. And that he would if push came to shove. Yet somehow Alden still carried faith that the Agents might show at least a shimmer of wisdom as these precarious events continued to unfold. A faith that was more likely than not, misplaced.

Next, came the ploys and pleas of some others, deftly refuted by the Confederate delegates, before the seething little wolf whose bark was no doubt stronger than it’s bite. After all, it had now clicked in his mind as to why her face had seemed so familiar. And it hadn’t even taken the profile on the data pad to make the connection. Ah, yes, the two had assisted a young Jedi at the time on New Cov. And Alwine had been venomous there too. So confident in her own abilities, yet blind to those that others may have possessed.

Was a party of childish, raged-filled whelps, the best the Agents of Chaos could offer here? Was this really their play at an agenda to see the powers of the galaxy turn on and lay into the galaxy? A personal vendetta begrudgingly held to heart by a handful of their agents that steered the course for their band of renegades, terrorists and criminals? The shrouded vale would be so then even paper could cut through it.

Finally Alden stood; he would bite his tongue no more. He would see the Confederacy’s name smeared no more. And he would see the Viceroy’s honor challenged no further. Even with the easily unraveled, emotionally driven accusational insults thrown forth by the Agents, Alden would see that his words were heard. In conjunction with the words ushered by the rest of the Confederacy and the will of the Siskeeni peoples. He would blanket them with a truth that may very well make them question their own reasons for taking the actions they took.

Gabriel Volturi Gabriel Volturi demanded his attention first as the man had so unwisely taken the first shot among those convened. “You defend yourself against actions you say you did not commit, as the honorable @Visanj T’shkali pointed out, yet you then seek to use those very actions here and now. Are you so blind that you can not truly see how it is you have condemned yourself?” There was an air of concern in Alden’s voice regarding how troubled the man must be to be so ignorant as to commit the very atrocity he so adamantly denied. The Agents had not established themselves as champions of diplomacy in the galaxy yet, and with these steps, it was easy to see why. “I urge you to reconsider the path you have chosen. This does not need to end in bloodshed. You know this, as should everyone gathered here.” He paused a moment. “It’s scary to be cast as the very thing you’ve sworn to root out and destroy, but it only takes a moment to correct those actions. I compel you to delve on this and trust that you’ll make the right choice in the end. There is a truth that’s been coated so heavily in a lie that I hope I can open your eyes to so that you may yet again see.”

He turned to Enlil Enlil , the man was here for reasons not one among them could really say at this point. He had no connection to either the Confederacy nor the Agents that Alden had been able to uncover and as such held no weight in his words here any further. He was but a jealous child awash in shadows, begging to be noticed. “You would do well to recognize your place,” he began. “You are neither of the Agents of Chaos nor are you over the Confederacy. And you do not speak for the Siskeeni so I fail to see what value you hope to bring.” Alden closed his eyes momentarily and reopened them with a renewed vigor. “Your duty was to man the door and disarm any and all arrivals to ensure the safety and security of this conference. An assignment you unequivocally failed to accomplish. You’d be wise to assure your diligence in your own duties prior to trying to circumvent the authority of the one duly elected here.”

Finally, he turned to the wolf in the room, @Awine Lechner, giving her a smile he knew she would not accept. “How easily lies and deceit flows forth from your tongue is disturbing. I denied it in my minuscule dealings with you in the past as you once selflessly served the Confederacy you now condemn. You showed compliance in the very actions you try to condemn the Confederacy of now.” A sadness took over his voice for a moment. “Has the Confederacy really slighted so? So that you’d run off to join that which the words you’ve spoken say you condemn? That you’d follow another former member of the Confederacy in her emotionally driven grudge against the Confederacy that she’d use a blanket of lies to condemn thousands, if not millions, to their death simply to satisfy her thirst for revenge. It’s clear as day to see there is no platform to support this war the Agents of Chaos wish to spread beyond that of a personal vendetta.

If there was substance to this war you seek to rage against me and my people, against the free peoples that have for so long happily called the Confederacy home, you would not accuse the Confederacy of offenses that fully and whole-heartedly embraced at your home on this Scintilla as you’ve called it.” He pulled the data pad in front of him and began to pull up various documents which held the proof of the words he spoke. “You’ve condemned and accused our sovereign nation of slavery, yet this edict condones, and even praises its existence among the very heart of those you call your own. Should this not give you reason to condemn them?” He pulled up a video shot of the Golden Lance and its preparation to fire on a population of innocents accompanied by the threat of you have 8 minutes then scrolled to another clip captured even more recently and published to the Confederate Defense Force encrypted network. It showed an Agents of Chaos fleet firing on vessels in orbit. “You say you come for peace yet you begin with aggression. It is the fleets of those who support your cause that fire upon the humanitarian efforts to evacuate a people from the a city threatened to be incinerated by the very rebels you just connected the Agents of Chaos to in your jest as to how you were originally going to turn your attention from our borders after Ryloth. Or did you not think we could draw such connections?

You can claim all you want to that the Confederacy operates under the mantra of ‘do as I say and not as I do,’ but it’s far from believable when that exact description is what paints the portrait of your people.

And please do not even try to plead your innocence that you were not involved in the current happenings of Ryloth. It is not a good look to continue burying yourselves under the lies. You just admitted it. That along with your party’s complete lack of emotion or surprise at the beheading which began all of what’s unfolded on Ryloth. You all painted yourselves in this light from the start and only dug you holes deeper with each passing moment.”

His attention turned to the rest of the room now, though heavily directed toward those who supported the Agents. “If it is a mantle built of lies and personal revenge that you wish to serve, one that condemns those on a base of falsehoods while their hypocritical nature shines bright, that is for you to decide. We can lead you to the door, but it is you who must walk through it. It is you who must pull the veil from your eyes that you do not fight against what you think you do, but rather that you fight for it.”
nzwBq0H.png
  1. Clarification
  2. Formatting
  3. Tags

Last edited:
Brotherhood.png

CIS: John Locke John Locke | Raven Thystle Raven Thystle | Faye Malvern Faye Malvern | Visanj T'shkali Visanj T'shkali | Daegon Corvinus Daegon Corvinus | Derek Dib
AoC: Alwine Daye Alwine Daye | Gabriel Volturi Gabriel Volturi | Annasari Annasari | Larentia Larentia | Izwi Kutaurira Izwi Kutaurira + Others [Sorry if I missed you!!]
Other: Holly Starstorm | Enlil Enlil
Location: Palace, Pristine City, Olanet [Conference Area/Room/Hall]
Wearing: XXX
Weapons: None
top.png
Sometimes, she wished that others could see Daegon as she did. When his rapidly beating heart began to still beneath her touch, she felt some of the tension leave her shoulders. It was as if a weight was slowly being lifted. The rhythmic tapping that had echoed in her mind spelled out an elaborate plan that she only partially understood. There was only one thing she was sure of—One thing she had that had remained strong.

Faith.

She believed in what was right. She believed in laws, justice, faith, and empathy. That was what led her to this venue in the first place. It was obvious that she wasn’t a politician. The slender creature didn’t have the ability to negotiate, nor, did she truly understand the cunning dynamic required to navigate these choppy waters. Everyone in the room seemed to have knowledge she didn’t. About motives, agendas, even the situation on Ryloth. It was maddening.

All she could do was follow her instincts and press a small piece of wisdom, hope, into her husband. She could hear his teeth grinding. Feel his pulse race. It lessened while her aura washed over him. It was soft, unobtrusive, like a cooling rain. As Derek Dib Derek Dib began to utter a soft piece of poetry that she had never heard before. The cadence was pleasing; however, it was the words she paid attention to. His demeanor. She could feel the sense of betrayal that had risen in Daegon and it was a relief to know that this charade would soon expire. Daegon, her beloved, was likely to have a heart attack if it went on much longer. Soft eyes flickered. The edges were still touched with sadness. Apprehension.

“I warned you I would do whatever was in the best interest of my people. Our agreement was for talks with the CIS without deadly force being utilized. When I was informed of the AoC striking into confederate space I knew a ploy was needed to protect my system. And still I warned of Ryloth’s attack. I never agreed to support the AoC in any form. And this secession is invalid. What I do, I do for my people. With the authority given me as Viceroy of Siskeen I hereby charge the Agents of Chaos with International Terrorism, Domestic Terrorism, Conspiracy to commit Treason, supporting the Illegal possession of Slaves of higher tier society, aiding and abetting known war criminals, and war crimes committed by Agents of Chaos. You are all under arrest. Please surrender peacefully into my custody.”

This was not how she wished this day would go. Not exactly. Seraphina felt a swell of relief that was undeniable at the sight of the Confederate Viceroy’s insignia that had been hidden beneath Derek Dib’s lapel. She was less keen about weapons being returned to the floor, though, she understood the necessity. Just because traditional weaponry had been removed from the room didn’t mean there weren’t other ways.

The Force existed. Where it existed? There would always be danger.

The small woman flinched back when Gabriel Volturi Gabriel Volturi was the first to react. It was, undoubtedly, with violence. Small fingers curled in the front of Daegon’s shirt while her throat suddenly felt dry. Unlike many in the room, she was no combatant, and was thusly afraid. In most instances she had no reason to be. Why did she need to know how to fight when Daegon would always protect her? Viceroy Dib, would not be far behind. Seraphina could only listen in earnest, tucked away, in the crook of Daegon’s arm. This man spoke of honor? Stated that no death would come of today? Death had already arrived. Ryloth, suffered. This group had not cared for the honor of the Confederacy prior to the crimes that Derek Dib Derek Dib had announced. With every breath, it was besmirched. Now it mattered?

Faye Malvern Faye Malvern was far braver than she and advised Mr. Volturi away from making threats. The men that had been thrown so carelessly looked to be injured. Sera could not say how badly and hear heart silently went out to them. They hadn’t deserved such treatment, simply, for obeying a command that hadn’t harmed a soul. Her shoulders remained tight while she watched the scene unfold. Alwine Daye Alwine Daye did not surrender. Neither did Larentia Larentia . Infact—They were vehemently against it.

The eyes of the quiet diathim softened when she realized that Ms. Lechner was walking with a cane. “You already seem injured. Please, do not fight.”, she spoke up, but, her dulcet tones were quickly swept away by the vitriol that began anew. Ms. Lechner, it seemed, was determined. The doorman ( Enlil Enlil ) made his threats. Most, were confused by his presence. It was strange that Viceroy Dib did not hold control over whom handled security in his own home, at least, not completely. Perhaps something necessitated it?

Every rebuke that flew through the air seemed to fly in the face of neutral, unbiased, parties. At the end of the day Seraphina was slowly, very slowly, finding a simplicity in the debacle. It didn’t help her find peace with what was happening but it did help her understand. The Agents wished for the Confederacy to fail. If the Siskeen seceded from the Confederacy—The Southern Systems would be weaker. They would be hurt. Viceroy Dib was a master at planning, as evidenced by current events, and his loss would have been a strike to the heart and soul of the nation.

A weaker Confederacy meant an easier target. This was good news, for the Agents.

How could the claim of neutrality hold weight when they were currently attacking the system next door?

Raven Thystle Raven Thystle spoke with the smooth, gilded words, of a woman that was used to being obeyed. It seemed that Viceroy Thystle was stating that the Agents were bound by the same laws they had come to enforce. The fact that they were not citizens did not excuse them. They belonged to a nation that had just declared war. To let them leave whilst the battle raged was a folly. Even more than that—To let them leave while obviously plotting to injure the Southern Systems?

That would not do. They had arrived, supposedly, to ensure that the Viceroy of Siskeen was respected. That his words and demands were followed to the letter. To ensure that no harm came to anyone in the room. Harm had already come. Mr. Volturi had seen to that. If Exarch John Locke John Locke tried to overrule Viceroy Dib in this matter, they would then, be guilty of the same thing the Agents had come to stop. Governmental overreach. The sanctity of a sitting Viceroy not being adhered to.

In the Siskeen Systems? The word of Derek Dib Derek Dib was law.

“Please, Agents. If Viceroy Dib states that you will be safe in his custody—You will be safe.”

Seraphina desperately did not want a fight to occur. Ms. Lechner had threatened quite a few things that the diathim did not want to come to pass. Viceroy Thystle and Minister Malvern didn’t want to battle either. The Felacatian body guards that arrived were most definitely not amused. Sera swallowed hard. There was enough blood being spilled already and there was no reason to add to it. Especially, if one of their stations truly had been hit. Seraphina could not speak to that. She did know the look in Daegon’s eye. He hoped they would refuse. “My love…”, she cautioned, tender and only barely audible, though, her voice would fall to his ears regardless.

He could always hear her.

She backed up a little bit when he moved to retrieve his light saber. The palace filled to the brim with Aegis Knights and the Angel of Thyferra got a little more spooked. Again, Derek Dib Derek Dib asked the Agents to surrender themselves into his care. Did they not know that this was likely the safest option available? The alternative would be fierce. Violent, and bloody. Her body trembled a little but she did her best to stand tall so as not to embarrass Daegon. When Viceroy Dib claimed that he was ready to die for what he believed in, she breathed in sharply, and held it.

She could not give in to fear. She could not give in to worry.

Sera could feel her shoulder blades itching. Her wings, hidden, longed for freedom so they might wrap around her. They didn’t really offer much protection, but, they did make her feel better. It also made her a larger target. When Daegon suggested that she move with John Locke John Locke she immediately shook her head in protest. He would send her away with the Exarch?

He would ask her to sing? To do the one thing he knew she loathed most?

<<Daegon, please!>>

Then the deluge of words began. Accusations, threats, the list went on. Ms. Lechner had much to say. Apparently, so did Exarch Locke, Minister T’shkali, and High Marshal Akaran. Visanj T'shkali Visanj T'shkali had a way of speaking that Seraphina would never, ever dare! Her cadence and tone was casual enough but there was something in it that that the auburn-haired woman couldn’t quite put her finger on. Between John Locke John Locke and Luca Donskoi Luca Donskoi …The conference hall fell to silence. The seraph had never, ever, heard Exarch Locke raise his voice. She had also never seen that look on his face.

He obviously felt very strongly about what he had spoken. Between the three of them? There wasn’t much left to be said. Dutifully, she pulled back, fingers brushing the arm of Derek Dib Derek Dib whilst she did so. A wordless boost of strength. Confidence. In the end, she didn’t think it mattered what any of them said anymore. The Confederacy could not relent. The Agents could not give in. There was no compromise to be had. They were enemies, now. Bitter, brutal, and stubborn to the last.

Seraphina drew back because now, more than ever, she was in the way.

They would fight.

bottom.png

If I missed anyone or something I should not have please let me know and I will edit. I did edit one sentence cause it was awkward AF... And tried to fix a tag. It failed.

Last edited:

Astrid Skovgaard

A
TyraTest.png

B R O T H E R H O O D

Allies: CIS & Friends
Equipment: Standard Armour | Standard Lightsaber
Tags: Redd Redd | Jason Farkas

There were too many things for Astrid to focus on.
Chaos still raged around them. Dust and debris from slowly collapsing buildings rained down a thick blanket of pseudo snow. Every single noise echoed off the cracks in the plasteel biodome, filling it with hollow screams of pain and dismay. Whispers flitted in one ear and out the other, thanks to the gathering of rightly concerned Elders behind her. The burning Ryloth sunlight pierced her sensitive retinas and made it almost impossible to see. On top of all that, there was a growing sense of darkness and dread… Astrid found that the most distracting. It pressed down on her like the weight of a mountain, sitting in the pit of her stomach, churning it to near painful degrees.
Most often than not, Lupines took the wolf for granted. They viewed it as a beast they controlled, a beast that succumbed to their whim. But that was untrue for Lupines of Skogur Heim. To them, the wolf was what made them whole. Both were ever present, no matter which form they took on, and both had their strengths and weaknesses. They worked together, as two souls sharing one mortal prison. On days like today, Astrid was reminded of the blessing that was the animal within. She focused on the things that drew her attention away, the things that made it hard to know which way was right and wrong. The beast… she focused only on the threat.
The giant, acid green beetle that towered over them clicking it’s drool covered jaws, swaying slowly left and right to keep its jewel-like eyes on its target.
Astrid knew. If it weren’t for the beast keeping their eyes trained on its movements, they would already be dead. She had called for her packmate, knowing that Redd was the closest. She knew very little of the squire that had tagged along, Jason Farkas, and that alone was enough for her to think twice about putting him in danger. She needed Redd. She knew they worked well together, but time was pressing on. Just as the tips of her pale fingers grazed across the cool hilt of the sword resting on her back, a hand stopped her in her tracks. Astrid didn’t need to turn to see who it was. The scent alone was enough. When Redd shook her head in Astrid’s peripheral vision, she did as she was told. The hand that reached for her sword slowly lowered.
Watching with an incredulous gaze as Redd reached out toward the lylek, Astrid almost stopped her. So did the wolf. It was a dangerous gesture, offering a hand of peace to an animal that didn’t follow a sentient moral outline. To it, the world wasn’t filled with rights and wrongs. It was hunt or be hunted. Kill or be killed. The only thing that stopped her snatching her packmates hand clean from the air was the sudden swell in the force as Redd called it up. Astrid had no idea what she was doing, but she watched and waited with baited breath. Her gaze flicked from the lylek, to Redd, then back to the lylek. And then…
It shrieked out an ear piercing noise that ripped through her skin and made the wolf growl. Astrid braced herself for an attack, a sudden movement from one of the lylek’s razor sharp pincers. But it didn’t come. Instead the beast backed away. Astrid watched with a look of sheer disbelief on her face, tilting her head in a way that made her look like a dumbfounded pup. Her bright pink gaze remained on the spot where the lylek had stood, even after the last of it’s acrid green husk had disappeared behind the corner. It was only when Redd’s voice rang in her ears that she returned to the situation at hand.
She stepped toward Redd, revealing the door to the group of Elders. One of her hands ushered them through, but her gaze was on Jason “Go. Take them through. I will catch up.” Just as Astrid finally turned to check on her packmate, the growl that Redd emitted told her now was not the time. Her pale features crumpled as she looked from Redd to the Elders still shuffling through the door. “Mmmm...” She grumbled aloud. “Do not be long.” She spoke firmly to the slumped lupine. “I will not lose you.” There was nothing more that needed to be said, so Astrid slipped through the doorway and charged to the front of the group.
The room it led to was dismal and dark, almost bare save for a worn bookshelf pressed against the far wall. Clearly, nobody lived here. It wasn’t intended to be a home. It was a cover. The lupine scrunched her face. Darkness was perfect for her. Beyond the wolf within seeing better in the dark, Astrid’s albinism made the light painful. Darkness was always better for her. But she was with a gathering of elder twi’leks, more likely to trip over their own robes in the dark than they were to feel sheltered by it. She huffed to herself softly, and drew upon the force to form a shimmering outline of soft white light around her. Geriatric babysitting duties were one thing, but now she was a lupine torch. Gerwald was going to pay for this when they found him. Drinks on him for life.
Astrid, now glowing enough to slightly illuminate the dingy room, strode toward the bookcase to shove one side with her shoulder. As it slid, it crunched loudly against the tattered wooden floor. A gush of warm wind filled the room as a roughly carved cave, big enough for two to fit side by side, revealed itself. It was almost pitch black, even Astrid had to squint to see into its depths. “One by one. Stay behind me. Jason, take up the rear until Redd returns.” Astrid took the first steps into the cave, inhaling deeply at the wolf's command, but it was empty. At least as far as she could smell. “Walk in silence…” She whispered back to the group, perhaps a little too quietly given their age.
If Redd was right, this tunnel would lead to the ships waiting to evacuate them. That alone was enough to spur Astrid on. When the Elders were safely off Ryloth, she and Redd could focus on helping Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner . He wouldn’t like it, he would likely be upset with them for it, and he had extremely good reason to be. But he would have done the same for them. He would understand the importance of that, in time.

BX-Strip.png
Ryloth.png
Objective: Evacuate Capital Bio-Dome / Drive the AoC from the System
Allies: CIS | Tyrias Aran Tyrias Aran | Luna Terrik Luna Terrik | Srina Talon Srina Talon | Darth Metus Darth Metus | John Locke John Locke | The Monster The Monster | Kathryn Foster Kathryn Foster | Conall Rhorik | Lyla Quinn Lyla Quinn | Dib'eor'nuruodo Dib'eor'nuruodo | Derek Dib Derek Dib
Neutral (For Now): Twi'lek "Freedom" Fighters | Scherezade deWinter Scherezade deWinter | Madalena Antares Madalena Antares | Dimitri Lindzinsky Dimitri Lindzinsky | Bella Bella | Strider Garon Strider Garon | Oceiros Sunstrider Oceiros Sunstrider
Hostile: AoC | @Lashm | Dimitri Lindzinsky | Bella Bella | Salem Norongachi Salem Norongachi
Persona Non-Grata: K Kaine Australis

"Ma'am, AoC Fleet is moving in to attack position... correction, AoC Fleet is apparently barreling at us full tilt. Their carriers have micro jumped ahead of the field that was laid down, their starfighters are coming around the edges. Two more vessels, apparently Destroyer class have just crested the debris field as well."

A heavy sigh of exasperation slipped from her lips when she heard that the AoC Fleet had decided that it was now the time to move in and attack the Confederacy Fleet. Given the long standoff, even the moment of her attempting to render aid to their vessels that had seen damage and disability from the Daedalus cannon explosion; she had grown tired of it all. Lightly tapping her fingers against the back of her hand as she kept her arms pulled behind her back, another sigh slipped from her lips as she spoke a few words.

"First the AoC claims we've enslaved the Twi'leks of Ryloth by providing them with Bio-Domes to live on the surface rather than huddled in caves. Now, let me guess, they're accusing the Confederacy of kicking someone's puppies."

Those around her could easily tell she'd grown tired of this entire invasion, having been done with it in the opening moments. The Confederacy had done everything it could to aid those that simply asked for it; going so far as to merely act as a caretaker rather than some overreaching Imperial Carnifexian spawn that the Agents of Chaos had deemed them to be. At that moment her primary focus was now two-fold, first and foremost it was ensuring the safety of the Medical Frigates and the support vessels that were assisting in the evacuation of the damaged Capital Bio-Dome on the surface. The second task was to push this fleet from the system; and that also included ensuring that the myriad of unmarked and unanswering vessels would also pull back.

"Lieutenant, open a channel, full broadcast to all vessels."

"Yes, Ma'am."

Taking a moment, she cleared her throat before being given the nod by the Lieutenant that stood at the ready. A soft press of a few buttons brought the channels open, the vessel broadcasting to all that could hear.

"This is Grand Marshal von Sorenn of the E'care Shukur to the Agents of Chaos Fleet and all unmarked vessels approaching the planet. To the unmarked vessels specifically, as you've been informed by Fleet Marshal Tyrias Aran Tyrias Aran , you are entering an active warzone. If you continue to approach the planet of Ryloth we cannot guarantee your safety or the safety of individuals aboard your vessel. We are imploring that you turn back and do not approach the planet. This system is under the jurisdiction of the Confederacy of Independent Systems, and our fleet is currently performing an evacuation operation due to a Bio-Dome that was damaged by unknown individuals. If you continue to refuse to broadcast any kind of Identifying markers on your vessel, there is the possibility that you will be wrongfully accused of taking action against the Confederacy which may be seen as a declaration of war or an intent to cause harm to the citizens of the Confederacy."

Slowly she carefully paced across the bridge of the vessel, taking a few seconds to ponder and decide her next few words before she slowly brought her attention towards the large viewscreen, flashes from weapons fire in the distance marking the enemy fleet along with the sensor. Another sigh of exasperation slipped from her lips before she continued to speak.

"Agents of Chaos, I have been rather accommodating to your presence in Confederacy space, specifically your presence here in the Ryloth system. I was more than willing to simply allow you to fade away into Hyperspace and take your leave. Our standing orders were to not fire first, and we remained faithful to those orders. The actions taken by our fleet were first to prevent the Golden Lance from bombarding the planet, specifically the Capital Bio-Dome; only to be followed by ensuring that the insanity of one of those that you've aligned yourself with did not cause an ecological disaster. I even offered you assistance in recovering your pilots and seeing to your damaged vessels. You've taken my hospitality and have thrown it in my face. As you've decided not to vacate the system, I will be forced to unleash the full strength of the fleet arrayed in order to protect Ryloth, the Medical Frigates in orbit, and the denizens of the world we are currently evacuating. I wish you good fortune in the minutes to come, and remind you, that this situation could have turned out differently."

Carefully motioning her hand, she cut the broadcast, ensuring that the vessels were only messaging the other commanders of the Confederate fleet. She had grown annoyed now with the Agents of Chaos, and with them having fired first, she was finally permitted to retaliate in kind and she would.

"Commander Conall Rhorik, continue to oversee the evacuation of the Capital Bio-Dome, coordinate with Exarch Srina Talon Srina Talon and Grand Marshal Luna Terrik Luna Terrik ; your mission is to ensure the safety of the Medical Frigates and Support vessels. If you believe that the Frigates are in danger, give the order for them and any support vessels to jump to Hyperspace away from Ryloth. Colonel Kathryn Foster Kathryn Foster , all Starfighters of the Confederacy Fleet arrayed here will be under your command, deploy them as you see fit. Your secondary mission to provide ample escorts to the support vessels assisting in the evacuation. Fleet Marshal Tyrias Aran Tyrias Aran , we will engage the enemy fleets, engage as you see fit, though don't pull too far from the core fleet. Activation of the Orbital Defense Station and Military Station remains at your discretion."

If the Agents were so eager to taste battle, then who was she to deny them that. Returning her attention to the vessels that had decided to charge so recklessly, she sighed, unsure if they were that courageous or that stupid.

"The Tho Yor II Attack Vessels will focus their fire on the edges of the debris field, Quad-Laser Cannon and Ion Cannon Fire ahead of the starfighters, track their flight path and fire ahead of their predicted path to set up a screen of fire. Thoros Battlecruiser will engage at distance, focus fire on the two destroyers, Long-Range Turbolasers; support of the Attack vessels, fire Concussion Missiles, set to detonate behind the field of fire laid down by the Attack Vessels focused on the starfighters - let them fly into the missiles."

It was a shame that they had so recklessly decided to push forward, as it had allowed the Providence II-class Assault Carrier that had been in the atmosphere assisting with the burning carcass of the Golden Lance to slip behind their lines. Though lightly armed, it still had enough armaments to do a number - even more so once it was capable of unleashing its hanger compliment.

"Our Providence Assault Carrier will fire on the Aft sections of the Destroyers; focus your Heavy Ion Cannons on their hyperdrive, Quad Laser Cannons on secondary systems to stress their shields. Our Tho Yor Star Destroyer will focus on the carriers that micro jumped forward, full spread across their bow, Baradium Missiles. Followed up with a salvo from its Dual Heavy Turbolaser Cannons and Heavy Ion Cannons."

The vessels moved as if they were a well-practiced and choreographed play, shifting into their positions with ease as they tracked and carried out their orders. A field of fire placed between the Confederacy fleet and the advancing Agents of Chaos vessels. Any starfighters or bombers that seemed to slip the net of fire had just as quickly found themselves dealing with a secondary net of defenses, specifically a flurry of Droid Starfighters that seemed to swarm them; and those few lucky pilots that made it close to the fleet itself found themselves weathering a hail of fire from multiple Point Defense systems, all focused on removing the enemy starfighters from their midst. Even as the Eight missiles made their way towards the Battlecruiser, they would soon meet their own challenge. Once they were in range, the Battlecruiser's Antimissile Octets activated. The systems carefully tracked the course of the Assault Missiles, focused on removing the threat as efficiently as possible. The weapon systems began to fire into the path of the missiles, a field of metallic shrapnel now sitting in the path of the missiles and their intended target.

However, the fleet was not don't just yet. Rather, there was an order that she had been awaiting to set into motion, and given that the enemy had decided they wanted to take the first swing, the order was on the table and more than acceptable to give.

"Secondary Tho Yor Star Destroyer, load Phlegethon One, your target is the enemy fleet away from the planet currently directing fire towards us. We'll provide covering fire for the device. All other vessels currently not engaged with the fleet on our flank, focus fire on the ranged enemy fleet. Prepare the Subjugator's Ion Pulse Cannon, focus all Long-Range weapons on the enemy fleet."

• Attempted to warn off unmarked, unknown vessels from approaching Ryloth
  • Continued with assisting with the evacuation of Capital Bio-Dome; gave command of continued efforts to Commander Rhorik
  • Gave Colonel Foster command of all Confederacy Starfighter Squadrons
  • Fleet Marshal Aran retains full discretion of when to utilize the Orbital Defense Station; Station ordered to prepare to fire in the previous post
  • Tho Yor Attack Vessels focusing Quad Laser Cannon and Ion Cannon Fire ahead of Starfighters at the edge of Chaff field
  • Thoros Battlecruiser firing on Destroyers with Long-Range Turbolaser cannons
  • Thoros Battlecruiser firing Concussion Missiles behind the field of fire established by the Attack Vessels; missiles set to detonate in front of AoC Starfighters
  • Providence Carrier firing on Aft section of Destroyers with Heavy Ion Cannons and Quad Laser Cannons
  • Tho Yor Star Destroyer firing Baradium Missiles, full spread, at Stern section of the Carriers that micro jumped; following up with Dual Heavy Turbolasers and Heavy Ion Cannon fire
  • Point Defense Cannons firing on AoC Fighters that managed to make it through the gauntlet of fire
  • Thoros Battlecruiser's Antimissile Octets firing on Assault Missiles
  • Subjugator Star Destroyer firing Long-Range Turbolasers at Lash's Fleet
  • Tho Yor Star Destroyer (Secondary) loading Phlegethon series Thermonuclear Device into the launch tube

Ame.png

9guWsNM.png

Deployed Fleet: Providence II-class Carrier/Destroyer | Farstar-class Military Space Station | 4x Squadrons of RMS-SC01 Starbird-class Space Superiority Starfighter | 1x Squadron of T-77 "Talon" Stealth Interceptor | 3x Squadrons of Variable Geometry Self-Propelled Battle Droid, Mk III | 3x Hellspear Frigate | Argente-class Assault Cruiser | 6x Terrus-class Flak Corvettes | Comfort-class Medical Frigate | 16x Squadrons of RMS-SC01 Starbird-class Space Superiority Starfighter | 9x Squadrons of Variable Geometry Self-Propelled Battle Droid, Mk III | 3x Squadrons of RMS-BC11 Starhammer-class Superheavy Bomber | 5x Gungnir MK I Orbital Defense Platform
Planetside: 7x Miraj-class Heavy Assault Dropships | 1x Squadrons of Variable Geometry Self-Propelled Battle Droid, Mk III

Allies: Amelia von Sorenn Amelia von Sorenn | Luna Terrik Luna Terrik | Darth Metus Darth Metus | Kiff Brayde Kiff Brayde | Kathryn Foster Kathryn Foster | Corius Harckon | Draconis Sederius Wolf Draconis Sederius Wolf
Hostile: Dimitri Lindzinsky | Lash Lash | Bella Bella | Salem Norongachi Salem Norongachi
Unauthorized but not Hostile: Madalena Antares Madalena Antares | Thalia Senn Thalia Senn

Tyrias Aran looked at the field of battle laid out before her. Two Fleets on either side poised to strike. And if the Confederacy's Defense Force and United Siskeen Coalition failed Ryloth would be ripe for conquering. The enemy would land in mass, dig in, and prepare for a counter-attack that would come. There was no way this ended with a clear, decisive, and lasting victory. The Agents of Chaos will have thought their reach long indeed if they believed anything else.

The cries of 'freedom' by the Agents of Chaos were as hollow as their belief they 'saved' people below by not managing to utterly annihilate an entire dome of men, women, and children. The Confederacy outlawed slavery, the Agents of Chaos could not say the same. For all their talk and bluster about freeing people from slavery -- even some metaphysical form of it -- they had made no effort to free their literal slaves. Yes, Tyrias read the holo-net publication. A nicely laid out argument excusing slavery as being "necessary" for "the greater good." Strange how easily the non-Chiss of the galaxy said one thing while doing another. To decry the Confederacy's lack of action against The Sith Empire, only to permit the very thing they claimed to abhor all because it suited their purposes.

Meanwhile, Tyrias knew the Confederacy backed their stance on slavery with action and follow-through. She had participated in such actions such as the raid of Kaddak, and had seen the conviction in the hearts of other members such as Alina Grayson Alina Grayson aboard Hosk Station. Now and again, here in orbit over Ryloth, she would continue to fight against those that would only bring darkness and despair to the galaxy. It was her duty as an officer of the Defense Force, Fleet Marshal of the Dauntless, and as a Chiss that did not appreciate the disparity exhibited by these intruders. Even if they did not actively enslave the people below, they would metaphysically enslave them until such time others would come along to physically enslave them yet again. The galaxy loved its Twi'lek women did it not? The Confederacy did as well -- only as people and not things to dance for one's amusement.

So it came as both surprise, and not as a surprise, when these Agents of Chaos unleashed their weapons. Perhaps they would try crying that the Chiss Commander that now oversaw the shooting war in orbit was not one of theirs; downplay their involvement in further destruction and chaos. The Confederacy had sought to suppress the transparent propaganda attempts made by their Agents or those purportedly not affiliated with them. Strange how the Agents of Chaos seemed to utilize and carefully edit whatever they were fed from people they had no relation with, no understanding of their trustworthiness, or knowledge of their actions. No effort to verify, validate, confirm, or investigate the veracity of any footage or claims. No desire to reach out to the Confederacy and get a response. Pure, unadulterated mob justice from a people proclaiming righteousness. How righteous can a cause be that it cannot stand even the lightest of scrutiny?

Grand Marshal Amelia von Sorenn Amelia von Sorenn 's voice then came in over the comms. Thankfully, it was only good news. Tyrias didn't bother turning her head as she issued the order, "Have the Orbital Platforms verify Capital vessel targets, and on my command fire."

"Which platforms, sir?"
Commander Jamieson asked as he stooped over a console manned by a dutiful soldier.

The Chiss turned her head ever so slightly to the right in recognition her First had spoken. "All of them."

"Sir,"
the officer said in a hushed voice, "Platform Six One is offline due to its proximity to the exploding Ion munitions."

Jamieson clapped the man's shoulder and gave them a nod. The Fleet Marshal wanted every extremely long-range railgun in orbit to come to bear. Fortunately, the Enemy Fleet was opting to keep their Capital vessels at range, which only made target acquisition easier for the Platforms; and distance was a thing swiftly overcome by the very nature of the weapons.

"Have the station's fighters use the station's shields to defend against the bombardment. Local fighters should follow Pattern Epsilon to limit exposure to electromagnetic disruption." Space was vast and energy was not limitless. The more distance the better off the small craft would be, but that didn't mean they had to fall out of position. Out of the Sapphiric Scorn's shadow, perhaps, but with all out war having been initiated that had been simply inevitable.

"Long-range weaponry aiding the Grand Marshal in suppressing the enemy's Ion munitions, sir," Jamieson announced to ensure Tyrias was kept appraised of on-going activity to defend members of the fleet from being completely incapacitated.

Surprisingly the Grand Marshal took up the unidentified vessels on approach. Tyrias felt like adding a little more to the pot, however, and the corner of the Fleet Marshal's lips turned upward. "Unidentified vessels claiming to be on a Humanitarian mission let me be clear. You will be escorted to the surface -- as you are not cleared for approach -- where you will remain. If you attempt to leave the planet you will be detained and searched. Wind be at your back." ( Madalena Antares Madalena Antares ) A squadron of Variable Geometry fighters were directed to escort the proclaimed humanitarian vessels. Hostile action would bring swift reprisal; but if they were as they claimed, then the fighters would only ensure their safety as they entered a combat zone.

And then the word was given.

The Grand Marshal's fleet and those of Siskeen were better equipped for Capital warfare. Tyrias had brought the Dauntless and equipment to the field with the intention of securing the orbit over the planet. She had not been deployed with the intention of holding off two fleets' worth of Capital ships on her own. Though to say she was unable to support the defense of Ryloth would be a gross overstatement. The Sapphiric Scorn might not be on the front lines, but her Commander was still in the fight.

"All fighters, all ships, activate sensor scramblers, ordinance jammers. Prepare countermeasures. Gods be with us all, Ryloth stands." The station had theirs operational since the enemy fleets had arrived.

"Make ready to engage the Destroyers. Weapons aft. Ion cannons target their hyperdrives. Quad Laser Cannons on secondary systems. Have the Apophis and the Corvettes take flanking position Omicron Two. Keep the Frigates near. And Commander... Fire." Long as they were in range and the firing solution held true, two orbital platforms' railguns flung their kinetic payload at Lash Lash 's Pelagic-class Star Cruiser, another at the ISD III-class Star Destroyer, and one targeted the Aurora-class Siege Destroyer; and the fifth went for Dimitri Lindzinsky's SHC Unicorn.

As for the Farstar-class Military Station in orbit, any starfighter looking to pick a fight with it had best be prepared for a bad day. The Quad-Turbolaser Cannons aboard had been trained on the attacking fleets even if they were not accosted in close range. They would fire along the Grand Marshal Amelia von Sorenn Amelia von Sorenn 's lines of screening friendly starfighters and pounding the enemy Destroyers.

Last edited:
Gear: Jai'galaar's Beskar'gam Armor, 2x Trayc'kal, 2x trained Strill
Ally Tags: Madalena Antares Madalena Antares Judd Hunter Judd Hunter Hanna Hanna Katrine Van-Derveld Katrine Van-Derveld Anesia Jy'Vun Anesia Jy'Vun Samatharis Niki Priddy Niki Priddy
Enemy Tags: Vytal Noctura Vytal Noctura Shamira Karuto Shamira Karuto Kyyrk Kyyrk

Jai looked at eaverything happening. It was insanity. He was ready for a fight, bu was soon surprised as he was lifted up, and then watched as a man fell from the sky. Osik! Was that...? That was.... He glared from behind his visor. His hands shook as he was ready to quickly fire. Jai was ready to strike, but soon.... A transmission. It came in through his HUD, and everything happening around him seemed to wash away. His mind... it focused on the image. The spheres.... H.O.P.E.! All those people just... just vented into.... He shook his head, and behind the shroud tears began to roll down his face. Not again.... Not another home.... Jai's hands shook as he finally yelled out.

"No.... Nononono.... No. All... all those.... Nooooo!" As he cried out though, something happened in his mind. Anger, fear, hate.... It all just seemed to flood him at once. Memories of Hammerfall, of the people who had died because of him on Concord Dawn, both Mandalorians and Sith. Their faces, the things that were done and that he'd done himself. He couldn't believe it. They just vented them. Innocent.... Then that flood of emotions and memories became one thing. A furious rage that threw out much of the more tactical and leavel headed thinking Jai usually had. His home was, again, attack. It was also clear by Jai's own Strill something was wrong. The way they acted, they knew something wasn't right about their trainer now. But before they could do anything, the Mandalorian finally boiled over. Broken by what he'd seen before.

He began to quickly fire on Vytal, pulling the triggers as fast as he could why trying to avoid hitting anyone but the Nightmother standing there. He didn't care if he was outmatched. He didn't care if it was insane. He was just angry. His new home was attacked, and he wasn't having it! She reminded him too much of those who destroyed his old home, and given that his mind was on a rage induced autopilot any semblance of actually thinking was gone. She never answered him about the CIS hunting many of his kind either. But everything... it was just too much. Right now, it was questionable if it was even Jai'galaar that was fighting.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, back at Scintilla Ina rushed through the crowds carrying her medical gear. These attack... why attack a station like this? Yes it wasn't fully civilian, but it wasn't military either. And a sphere full of refugees at that. She rushed into the danger, calling as she ran.

"Is anyone hurt? Do you need a medic now! Last chance! I have to keep moving if no one needs it here!"

Divider1.gif

Everyone had their assumptions, and most of them were predicated on what his purpose here was- or what it was not. Or the faulty basis that his words were threatening. He looked across the room with a somber expression threatening to overtake his face. It pained him to see that this was the state of the Galaxy.

They spoke of laws, rules, subtleties- blasphemies of true Order. Everyone wanted to manipulate the law into their own version of it. Everyone wanted to enforce their own idea of order, to create their own ideal world.

This was why chaos reigned. His clenched fist only tightened as one after the other the charlatans chastised his involvement and his purpose, and even denounced his defense of the people of Siskeen.

Those poor people of Siskeen, with a leader who would use them as a ploy in some pointless game.

There was one word for these people, who called themselves a Confederacy. They were the embodiment of something far worse than chaos, a fractured group of false creatures who served only their own desires.

Injustice.

He had been more than fair. Now that they had perceived themselves in a position of power, they talked down to him. They rebuked him for threats when he had promised action.

"If all you wanted to do," he seethed, "was squalor like children, you should have kept it amongst yourselves."

He took a cleansing breath. The foul, putrid stench of their deceit had poisoned his lungs. Their venom had stained his thoughts and poisoned his spirit with rage. These things were beneath him.

"One, after another, you speak out in anger against my warnings, and one after another I have ignored the slights." His gaze fixated on Luca Donskoi Luca Donskoi as the man let his tongue run rampant and dared to say too much. A tongue that, in the next instant, the King snapped his fingers and concentrated on.

The air around Alden grew dry, and in the middle of his declaration about Enlil's 'failure,' flames sought to converge around the muscle that gave voice to his damning words. "Your crime was speech above your station. The punishment fits."

He made no other movements as he stood there, staring down at a crazed herd of beasts. No longer human, but cattle in need of herding.

"You are all equally guilty," he said then, "of wasting my time. Now, let them go."

John Locke John Locke | Faye Malvern Faye Malvern | Raven Thystle Raven Thystle | Visanj T'shkali Visanj T'shkali | Daegon Corvinus Daegon Corvinus | Seraphina Corvinus Seraphina Corvinus | Derek Dib Derek Dib | Alwine Daye Alwine Daye | Annasari Annasari | Gabriel Volturi Gabriel Volturi | Larentia Larentia | Holly Starstorm | everybody else

Personnel: Alwine Daye Alwine Daye , Annasari Annasari , Derek Dib Derek Dib , Holly Starstorm , Larentia Larentia , John Locke John Locke , Raven Thystle Raven Thystle , Faye Malvern Faye Malvern , Visanj T'shkali Visanj T'shkali , Kyyrk Kyyrk , Daegon Corvinus Daegon Corvinus , and @ everyone else I missed

There was a soft beeping in Gabriel's ear as he listened to all these pompous bureaucrats spout on about their laws and how he had broken the peace. Sure he was the first to draw blood amongst them yet he hadn't been the first to break the ancient traditions that belonged to the white flag of a peace meeting. He was okay with being villiafied for his actions. He was far to old to care anymore. Regardless these events were still being recorded. What happened today would be seen. No common citizen would understand the complexities of politics. All they would see is what their supposed leader had done. To win their independence only to turn them back over to the very enemy they'd fought against. The Viceroy had only used them. Presented them as a shield to hide his own repulsive behavior. Civil unrest would only take a short time. Rebellion would be rife. And while the AoC may remain on Confederacy most wanted it would be the edifices of the Viceroy that the populace would burn in the streets to satisfy their blood lust until they could drag the real thing from his palace to face mob justice. Yes, he would be cast as a criminal of the Confederacy, but Derek Dib Derek Dib sealed his own fate today with his lack of understanding of the mob.

The beeping continued a few more times before it stopped and a voice replaced it. "Boss, I am five seconds out. These jammers worked like a charm. Slipped right by them." Gabriel smiled at the thought of what was to come. These fools may have played politicians for most of their life, but Gabriel had been playing the game for many more life times. This betrayal hadn't truly been a surprise to him. Every trick they used today he'd used more times then he could count. The Master always had a plan. Even before his outburst he had enacted his plan, pressing the well hidden beacon disguised as a button, broadcasting an encrypted signal designed to undercut any known CIS jamming technology. Everything that had followed was simply to keep their attention focused on the room. He glanced towards Alwine Daye Alwine Daye with a slight nod. She would know what it meant. It had always been a part of the plan today, though the other woman voiced her hope it would not be needed. The other, this Enlil, he wasn't sure about. He had never been a part of the plan. Yet he stood their allying himself with the AoC. It would have to trust this man for the time being.

"Now boss!" The fire that leapt around Gabriel's hands suddenly turned from orange into a blue as he poured all his rage into the living flame. He could feel the live of it. It was almost as alive in the force as anyone else in this room. Witches and Sith may think they could master such an element with their crude views on it, but his time with the Shapers of Kro Var taught him many things about the elements and their connection with the galaxy. To them these were not inanimate objects but extensions of the life its self. They became an extension of those followed their ways. Anyone else may have mastered fire with the force, but he was FIRE!

The flames flashed out as a nearly black Wraith dropped into view of the windows, barely 6 meters from the guards that watched over it. The ship had maintained a low orbit of Siskeen, all systems off save for the tactical sensor jammer which was broadcasting a signal that would make the ship look like nothing more then planet based is signals to the probes around the planet. Gabriel's blue flames expanded as quickly as fire on fuel. It formed a wall that expended from the ceiling to the floor and to both sides of the room, seperating the Confederate members, including the exit and the guards there, from his allies and the window. Its 2,300 degree heat radiating around the room melting anything that couldn't withstand the heat. He continued to feed the living fire. No amount of using the force or any methods to extinguish the fire would do. As quickly as someone made a hole the fire would flare even hotter and close its self open again. At the same time the wall came up the ship open fired with all four of his cannon turrets, turning the guards around the window into a pink mist and shattering the glass. Gabriel could see the droid pilot just peaking out the cockpit as it moved the ship closer and lowered the boarding ramp. All the while the turrets continued to fire blindly through the firewall.

He knew the only justifible deaths today were those at the window, yet as he reached out for the life forms at the door he could not help himself. Despite himself not being about to see them through the fire Gabriel reached out his hand, palm opened and grasped the door guards and slammed his fist closed. Their bodies resist for a moment but all of them crumpled under the force, compacting until the strain was to much and their bodies exploded in blood and visera. As for the rest of the non-essential guards it could feel their life draining from them as the ship turrets used them to repaint that side of the room.

"I am sorry Ms. Lechar this turned out the way it did. But I believe it is time we all leave." Gabriel turned to the window at their backs and gestured for all AoC and their allies to board the ship, making sure the camera crew boarded first. "These confederates are so busy point a finger at us they didn't see three more of their own pointing back at them."

Last edited:
AoC: Alwine Daye Alwine Daye | Gabriel Volturi Gabriel Volturi | Enlil Enlil | Larentia Larentia |
CIS: John Locke John Locke | Raven Thystle Raven Thystle | Faye Malvern Faye Malvern | Visanj T'shkali Visanj T'shkali | Daegon Corvinus Daegon Corvinus | Seraphina Corvinus Seraphina Corvinus | Derek Dib Derek Dib
Wearing: Armor

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Annasari stood there, staring at their leader, waiting for her to move forth. With every second that ticked by her anxiety grew, the weight of it threatening to suffocate her. The door was so close, yet ever so far. She was reminded of a daydream she had as a child, where she wished she could turn into a bird to get away after stealing food. How she wished to be a bird again- flighty, maneuverable, fast.

As one of the pale women spoke, Annasari couldn’t contain the eye roll this time. The woman didn’t seem to see the betrayal as an action that should be chastised, but one the Viceroy should be proud of. The thought of that was honestly sickening to Annasari- she herself had done some questionable things in her past, but never anything this heinous. Her gaze flickered back to the door as she saw movement, and noticed a woman and a cat of some sort standing there. Well, there goes our exit plan…

Derek spoke again, and his words only fueled the fire that was growing within Annasari.

“But I do not wish you dead.”

No, but you wish for us a life worse than death.

When the words flowed from Alwine’s mouth, Annasari listened intently. As she heard about the actions of the Dib family on Scintilla, a sharp breath was drawn by the woman. No, not the refugees. Her heart broke instantaneously for all those who sought asylum, dead. It was this that led Annasari to believe Derek Dib was truly the worst kind of human. Betrayal, arrests… fine, that was politics. But the slaughter of innocents after the agents had done all they could to mitigate the damage done to his own citizens - it was the hallmark of a monster.

The world around her faded to darkness as she literally blacked out. All she could feel was wrath, all she could smell, arrogance, and all she tasted was the blood from biting her own tongue. All the others would have seen was Annasari standing there, eyes locked on Alwine, perhaps wobbling slightly.

After a few blinks, her head cleared slightly, though she was still possessed by rage. She wanted to scream at Derek what a slimy weasel he was, but the words remained trapped in her throat.

And then after a few more exchanged words, the world turned to chaos. Her eyes flickered to the window right before the fire unleashed from Gabriel's hands. Annasari rose her own hand to cover her face and averted her eyes, her Arkanian heritage making her sensitive to seeing the heat. When she heard the gunfire, it drew her attention back, and she gazed in horror as she saw the guards die in such a gruesome manner. Then Gabriel spoke, and her expression transformed into one of delight. Maybe they all could make it out of here after all. Her feet began moving, carrying her towards the window. In a leap of faith, she went for the ramp, arms out in front of her. She heard her body hit the metal, and let out a sigh of relief.

Edited the last paragraph for clarity- sorry for any confusion.

Last edited:

Shamira Karuto

Burn the past - Heal the future

8VFVoiI.gif

R I S E

Objective: End the blood-bringer
Equipment: Vine whip (spikes on whip tipped with Iscebore oil), Nesmite Tree Seed Pods (6), Pack of Thralda Leaves, Water of Life Potions (2), knapsack full of other goodies, plant armor ( Thralda Leaves and Acknite Moss underskin, Falyood Tree plating on shins, thighs, chest and forearms.
Tags: | Vytal Noctura Vytal Noctura | Kyyrk Kyyrk |
Enemy tags: | @Anesia Jy’Vun | Katrine Van-Derveld Katrine Van-Derveld | Madalena Antares Madalena Antares | @Scherezade Winter | Judd Hunter Judd Hunter | Samatharis | @Jai’Galaar Gred | Hanna Hanna |

The situation was seemingly unfolding very quickly, especially after Voph had joined in so suddenly. That had seemingly been the spark many of those unwelcome to this world had been waiting for, either beginning to open fire with their blasters or make moves to attack the protectors of this peak. For shamira’s part, she found herself hopping off the central boar once near the peak.

While one of the three non witch types moved immediately to get out of the way of one of her charging pets, the other two didn’t seem very interested in her, only in the two more powerful force users at the peak. Quite the unfortunate action, in Shamira’s mind. She was not someone to be simply ignored and left alone. Plus, there was the fact that having to deal with multiple enemies from different places would decrease her effectiveness and only serve to split her attention. While those firing blasters would seemingly only serve to annoy the nightmother, Shamira wasn’t much willing to let it get to that point.

Instead, while moving behind one of the wolves, her hands moved in the actions of another pyromancy spell. For the moment, her connection with her risen was lowered, prompting them to roar allowed and move toward the peak just a bit more. But in that moment, Shamira cried aloud, sending her arm shooting forward to cast the spell around the peak.

In the blink of an eye, surrounding the peak, the redhead witch raised a wall of fire, catching the three non witches outside of the ring, separating her and them from Vytal Noctura Vytal Noctura , Kyyrk Kyyrk , Katrine Van-Derveld Katrine Van-Derveld , and Madalena Antares Madalena Antares . The ring was tall, at least a meter or two in height, and burned with a white hot blaze that Shamira hoped would deter any sort of attempt to reach the peak for at least a few moments.

Once cast, her control on the beasts returned, now moving two of them to flank her as she moved toward the three unfortunate souls that had garnered her anger. Both snorted out of pain and anger, Shamira finding that they had each taken a few nasty shots to the face. The skin mixture could heal it, but damage was already done. The third, who might’ve had a spinal cord when it was still alive, now powered through magic and the vines acting as it’s muscles underneath the faux skin, just let out a small grunt of pain at the feeling of the knife cutting into it’s back. Through her mental control, the beast was brought to a sudden stop and bucked, hopefully sending the unfortunate man tumbling off it’s back.

“Children..children..” She called out, slowly unfurling the vine whip from her hip as she addressed Hanna Hanna , Judd Hunter Judd Hunter , and @Jai’galaar Gred. “Let the adults play a bit, hm? How about..you play with me, and my pets instead?” In the moment, she allowed the beasts a momentum of control again, marking each of them mentally in the risen’s minds. With their powerful roar, they charged, one targeting each of the unwelcome people stuck outside the ring of fire.

Shamira, for her part, went after the one with the most skin exposed to her to the open air, taking a few steps before letting a few long range, quick snaps of her whip target Hanna Hanna . Her pets would keep the other two busy for the moment, while she hoped this type of pressure might force the smaller attacker into a mistake or two. At least, one could hope.

fMxD3Uo.gif

Last edited:
Ryloth.png

Objective: Defend Ryloth
Allies: Beric Layne Beric Layne , Sabine Delacroix Sabine Delacroix x, Vytal Noctura Vytal Noctura , Kat Decoria Kat Decoria , Effie e, Alluria Ivalice Alluria Ivalice , CIS
Enemies: Scherezade deWinter Scherezade deWinter , AoC
Equipment: Vaela Layne's Lightsaber

So. Now that she was here, all that Millu had left to do was somehow figure out why she had to come here in the first place. Easier said than done. She had departed from the wolf and the white-haired woman in order to find the way to wherever she was needed here by herself.

The squire took to wandering around, trying to find something or someone that would justify the Force calling to her in such a way. For the most part, the castle was empty. Millu saw no one wherever she went. As she walked down one of the huge bridges, the girl admired the architecture of the massive building.

Something felt off. She was close to the main courtyard of the castle and hadn't seen a single soul yet, except for those that had come with her through thee portal. All was empty, until the girl spotted the first signs of life she had encountered in this place until now. A blond woman, dressed in all black ( Sabine Delacroix Sabine Delacroix ), a huge, dark creature that instantaneously sent shivers down Millu's spine ( Lirka Ka Lirka Ka ), and a brunette, ( Scherezade deWinter Scherezade deWinter ). The creature and the brunette were fighting.

Millu felt like she had to do something, but the girl did not dare get between those two that were fighting like crazed animals, instead she went around them, trying to seem as inconspicuous as possible. Her goal was to come close to the blond woman, and figure out if she was friend or foe. Millu had flew to her pouch, opening it and taking hold of her lightsaber, just in case. She didn't take it out of the bag, not yet, at least.

Now close enough, but at a safe distance, Millu decided that the woman in black had probably seen her coming now, and decided to speak up. The creature and the brunette were still fighting non-stop. Millu tried to make herself intimidating, though she doubted it had any effect at all in the woman. "I am Millu Lee, squire of the Knights Obsidian. You are?"

will you sink down to me?

Damsy.gif

greQZLl.png
Form: Turning - humanoid | Equipment: Strike armor, lightsaber, rifle, pistol x2 |
Objective: Save Luna Terrik Luna Terrik
"Regardless, don't worry 'bout me," she continued to Berrezz. "These people are marginally better off than me anyway, but we can work with a margin." Damsy couldn't deny that much. Of course, she wasn't resigning herself to die here either, but it was a better use of scant resources to protect those more likely to survive with less. Simple Darwinism, a theory this mission now more than others hinged upon. Damsy wasn't, at least not here, the fittest. And if that meant she wasn't slanted to survive, then who was she to fight against a nature that was already hostile?
She turned her attention back to the bunker. A commando not in Omega but who found himself close by during the Freedom Plaza Crush, knelt at a radio unit. He was holding his sunbonnet under the chin, alternating between pushing it off and pulling it back on as he welded with a hydrospanner. When he stopped upon Damsy's approach, she knelt beside him. "How are we with that link?" she asked.
"Chasing it," Seumic replied, tapping the box's top face with the butt of his powered off tool, "but this console got more of a beating than our transceivers." It was true - the box was all sorts of externally scorched and shrapnelled from insurrection and the like, but now also internally as the biodome's temperature continued to rise. Their wrist- and armor-integrated comms had been all jostled during the stampede to barely work, if at all.
Damsy clapped his shoulder. "Do what ya gotta. I'd even settle for local if you can't get me Command."
Seumic threw a teasing look her way. "Missing the Omegas already?" he asked. "Am I not good enough for you?"
She blew something of a raspberry, now pushing forward with the hand she hadn't yet retracted. "Don't tell them that. It'll blow 'em up for weeks. We're already big enough targets." With that, she left him for one of their few supply crates. It was already open, and out of the bunker, in a vain attempt to keep the equipment from overheating - that much was an eventuality. Damsy picked up a signal flare laid on the top, ignoring the heat seeping through her glove. They had already stayed in communication blackout for long enough. It would be less dangerous to attract the attention of any nearby terrorists than to stay any longer.
As she passed him with it, Berrezz asked the question he already knew the answer to: "You need a battle buddy?"
Luna would kill her if she heard her refuse, but she said, "I need you to hold down the fort."
Now or never.
She lit the flare and started off down an alley.
- - -
Damsy slumped against the roof's cement lip, hanging her arm over the edge. So long and nothing had happened, forcing her to collapse under the direct sunlight, or what appeared to be that as the heatstorm approached. "Major Crowe!" The sudden voice sprung her back to attention - spinning about and brandishing a blaster pistol. As soon as she reconized the paint jobs of two Omegas, she reholstered her weapon. "Glad we found you." Likewise, was two too many syllables that couldn't push their way out of the sithspawn's cotton mouth. "We caught tail-end of the Grand Marshal's evac order. Frigates are loading at the main gate."
"'All I was hopin' for," she managed, along with a small smile.
As they made their way back to the bunker, Damsy asked Fengris if she could have his comm.
He gave it over. It was only receiving, he said. Better than nothing.
- - -
Head on a swivel was the name of the game. They walked down the road in segments, Dauntless fanned out and ready for trouble that had yet to come but certainly would. It was proving difficult to keep civilians at military double-time pace and, without ability to call for transports, Damsy hoped they were making good enough time despite it all. As she handed back a man's child as he finished tying his tunic about his waist, her confiscated commlink came to life with the pained voice of the CDF's highest rank. She quickly stepped away to not spread the panic to them, and to listen:
"This is..this..this is Command..Luna Terrik..my speeder was..att..attacked. Ambushed."
"Command - this is Damsy. Alpha and Omega are scaling Xiaolang as we speak."
"….get the civvies..safe first…maybe I'll still be……be kicking………..by then."
"...the misson'll get done, Luna, I swear. Tiria's got it. ... I'm just sorry I gotta go like this."
Atrisia versus Ryloth. The present versus a flashback. Damsy versus Luna. The difference was striking, but as was the similarity. Two women, forged under the hottest blaster fire, being torn apart, again. One had been resigned to her almost-fate, the other held hope against it within her blood-slicked hand. But, for both, the mission came paramount above survival. First in, last out, indeed; even if last didn't always mean chronological, but defined the last evac they would ever take: one into Chaos, where Dauntless could finally rest.
Her chest tightened, legs igniting with the desire to run towards the coordinates her HUD had registered. She had to blink to keep the tears welling in her ducks at bay, though her skin screamed for the bit of moisture to run down her cheeks. She couldn't let neither commandos or refugees see her cry. This, Damsy thought, must have been how the redhead felt during the Outbreak.
Despite he efforts to appear unshaken, Berrezz noticed. He leaned over slightly and softly elbowed his superior. "We got it here, Maj. Go hero up."
Damsy glanced over to give a determined nod. She took to a jog, exclaiming to any commando that could hear in her general vicinity: "I gotta find transport!" If she didn't, there was no way she could make it. And she want to make it. She needed to make it. On one hand, she was being selfish. On the other, she wasn't. True, entire selfishness would be continuing to hide in plain sight from her commanding officer and best friend.
Someone called out, "'Here, Major!"
Without the ability to respond over frequency, she just hoped she wouldn't be too late.
- - -
Vrummmummmmm...
Fvish!
CRASH!!
Damsy frontflipped off the nose of her speeder, ignited lightsaber in-hand, moments before the vehicle's side plowed into a twi'lek. He toppled over in the speeder's wake. It's hover engine sputtered into power-down as it began losing speed, finally touching down onto the street and flipping over. As soon as she landed, the sithspawn began reflecting plasma back to the three remaining freedom fighters. One, she nailed in both shoulders, with his bolt and one of his friends'.
Footfalls shaking the immediate earth faltered Damsy. Blaster fire had simultaneously stopped. "...the tide?" she muttered. A thick, green tentacle wrapped around her torso and lifted her four meters into the air. A lylek's ringing call chided behind her, spittle spitting onto the back of her neck. It squeezed, and the pain of the pressure radiated into Damsy's arms, causing her to drop her saber. She heard it clatter to to tile, then the beast crush it under pointed foot.
Better it than her. Or, maybe not, if it angered a certain lupine. Luna and Gerwald would have to queue up with their beefs after this. If Ryloth let her escape with her life, Damsy would be more than lucky to hear them both out.
The Vicelord's daughter grunted, fighting to activate her wrist-mounted flame projector. As she got it, she turned the weapon on the lylek's appendage. It screeched and released her, but she didn't drop. Instead, she jumped, and grabbed hold of a mandible. Swinging shortly, she landed on Luna's upturned speeder. From there, she jumped to the adjacent building's roof, aided by her basic channeling of the Force.
Off her back, she swung her rifle. First down were the remaining insurrectionists, then the lylek. Riding its head down to the ground once more, Damsy remounted her rifle for one of her dual pistols. She slid into cover behind the house's blown-out doorway, poised to sweep. "Gemmy?" Damsy called out after popping into the threshold, trying to keep as much frantic tremor out of her voice as she could, which ultimately didn't amount to much. "Luna?!" She stood to move forward. Likewise to her voice, it was a battle to keep her pace steady, finish the room sweep, but fortunately one easier to win.
It felt like an eternity until she reached Luna's hiding place. As she dropped to a knee, her hood slid from her head, revealing a familiar affliction on an unfamiliar face...
Mermaid_Divider.png

I'm a likable guy. Ask your mom.
Objective: Desecrate the Alter
Loadout: Phase 1 Haywire Armor | R91 Assault Rifle | Phase X-E “Hyper Frost” CyroSonic Heavy Pistol | JH-70 Glitter Grenades | Elemental Grenades | Whimsy Knife | Neurotechnical Inhibitor | Vita Stone
Essential Gear: BD-9 | Cigarettes | Lighter
Allies: Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred | Hanna Hanna | Katrine Van-Derveld Katrine Van-Derveld | Anesia Jy'Vun Anesia Jy'Vun | Madalena Antares Madalena Antares | Samatharis
Enemies: Shamira Karuto Shamira Karuto | Vytal Noctura Vytal Noctura | Kyyrk Kyyrk + Anyone else not hiding
3RZ0DO.gif

Watching the other two boar-wolves start to heal from the Cryosonic weapon confirmed a suspension Judd had as looked down at the grevous wound he'd inflicted on the beast's neck. Freeing his hand from the moss Judd detached the last elemental grenade he had. Not even bothering to select a rune, leaving it in its default thermal detonator state, he removed the knife and plunged his fist into the deep wound with the grenade. His arm went up to nearly his elbow as he flipped the trigger and pulled his arm out, leaving the grenade now primed in the already healing wound.

Judd felt the buck of the beast and went flying off. He landed on the ground several meters away. Seeing the creatures charge towards him Judd scrambled behind a rock still keeping the count in his head. Two...One.....BOOM! Where the boar-wolf had been was a large explosion. The shock wave had the added effect of knocking Hanna Hanna and Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred off their feet and out of the path of the other two Boar-Wolves just barely. Judd, still lying on the ground bloody and his vision blurred, watched their path in their rampage as the made it to the edges of the altar its self. Further back hunkered down he spotted the other four soldiers. One of them held a detonator up and suddenly Judd saw what they planned.

The soldiers had finished wiring the altar with explosives, and while they looked to be a little batter by Voph's AOE attack they had gone then entire fight unmolested. Judd gave a simple nod, causing the soldier to squeeze the detonator.

BOOM!

Judd sheltered his head under his arms as the entire Altar of Spirits exploded into a massive cloud of fire and debris, the other two boar-wolves caught right in the middle of it. Anyone within 15 meters of the area would have easily been caught in the explosion. Picking himself from his feet Judd turned towards Shamira Karuto Shamira Karuto , raising his fists into a fighter's stance. "Okay....now its a fair fight."

Ryloth.png

Attire: This
Equipment: Lightsaber, Mask
Enemies: AOC
Allies: CIS + Allies
TAG: Lirka Ka Lirka Ka Scherezade deWinter Scherezade deWinter Luna Vega Luna Vega Millu Lee Millu Lee Zlova Rue Zlova Rue | @Anybody I missed at the castle

The once distant and heavy footfalls that had sounded like distant muted claps of thunder were very close now. If one were to listen they would hear the rustle of tree and shrub as they snapped and bent out of the way of the creature, that is if any could hear over the sounds of battle. Sabine's eyes, for the most part, had been fixed on Luna Vega Luna Vega should they attempt to intervene in the current battle between Lirka Ka Lirka Ka and Scherezade deWinter Scherezade deWinter . Despite the rude disposition of the Sephie, she herself was not perturbed to hang back and allow the others to tire themselves out.

Then a new face arrived, the self-proclaimed squire of the Knights Obsidian, were she not preoccupied Sabine may even have laughed at the young woman when she attempted to make herself a bit more intimidating than she was. With a gentle wave in motion for Millu to join her. "I highly advise you to stay by me young, Millu Lee was it? Two of these are enemies, the third is, perhaps not an enemy but not a friend either." She took note of the lightsaber and gave her a gentle nod of appraisal. "I am Sabine Delacroix, a guest of the illustrious Nightmother. I suppose I would be a member of the Confederacy in a way though I hold no title. You may call me Sabine. Tell me Millu, what do you sense from the large beast there?" it was a trick question, of course, this creature was in fact force dead, Sabine could not sense its presence but she wondered if the young Millu had the understanding of this, educating the young was always worthwhile after all.

While she listened to the reply Sabine raised a hand wordlessly and all at once there was a chill in the air, anyone sensitive to the force could feel it immediately though only its intended target would feel its touch. It was no attack, at least not directly but a gentle grasp of Scherezade deWinter Scherezade deWinter seeking to drain the force from her body.

xHoK8b.png

Lash

Stela'shlit'nuruodo
Objective: Engage CIS Fleet at long range
Allies: Dimitri Lindzinsky Bella Bella Salem Norongachi Salem Norongachi
Enemies: Tyrias Aran Tyrias Aran Amelia von Sorenn Amelia von Sorenn Kathryn Foster Kathryn Foster

Sparks flew from a console as a try ion bolt found its way through the shielding and impacted on the Termagant. The damage control party jumped into action and extinguished the console before it could injure anyone. Lash ignored the commotion, he had seen the same thing happen a hundred times. It was part of war, shields held then they didn't and a luck shot found its way in and struck in the second it took for the shielding to kick back in. The Delphus.4 shielding was advanced and powerful and offered twelve layers of shielding but Lash had diverted power from the shielding to charge the massive bank of capacitors that fed the weapons. Likewise, the Onager also took a hit as her shields were not as robust as the termagant and she had diverted power to the weapons capacitors to charge the energy torpedo launchers. It had only been a few minutes of the two fleets trading fire and still the Onager had not reported her launchers charged. Lash looked over to the Admiral and queried the man. "Admiral, please send word to the Onager that they can fire now," said Lash calmly but with a look in his eyes, the Admiral knew and feared. Lash turned back to watch the holographic display that took up much of the center of the command information center of the termagant.

"Sir, the command tower took a direct hit. Captain Grand has been hit and is being treated," said an officer from somewhere to the right. Lash eyed the battle hologram closer looking for what he thought would be the CIS's next move. Very well, have Commander Killin take command of navigation from the secondary bridge." ordered Lash. The lower bridge was an identical copy of the upper bridge and was just as capable of carrying out his orders when it came to moving the vessel as the upper bridge. He did not care what the extent of the damage was nor the condition of the captain. That would have to wait until they were away from this forsaken world and its drama.

"Commander, Onager reports all energy torpedo launchers full charged," said the Chiss Admiral. Lash nodded then smiled a bit. "Have them target the dreadnaught. then have agitator fire its proton beam cannon ten seconds after the Onager fires. Have the cruiser's fire on her five seconds after the Agitator. Concentrate all of our long-range fire on that super star destroyer." Lash ordered. The admiral began to send the orders to the vessels over the laser communications system. a moment later the forward display darkened as its camera attempted to adjust to the brightness of the two hundred energy torpedos being expelled from their projectors. The two hundred pulses of energy crossed the void of space between the two fleets instantly unguided and unstoppable. a moment later the ISD III let lose another beam from its proton beam cannon. The thousand-meter long beam struck out towards the dreadnaught its power apparent. then a few seconds later the two cruisers fired their own energy torpedos instantly crossing the battlefield striking out at the massive CIS ship. Fire vibrated the deck below Lashes feet as the heavy long-range weapons continued their bombardment. It would be more than a minute before the Chiss ships could charge their energy torpedos to fire again. Until them, the power remained diverted from the shields to the energy storage capacitors for the weapons. Until then they would continue to take unnecessary damage at the cost of hitting the CIS harder when they could.

Lash looked from the battle for a moment to think about his home. How he missed his family. His children would be grown now. Chiss mature quickly and he knew somewhere in the Ascendancy his wife and children were safe. He would do what he had to do to keep them that wary. He would fight who he needed to fight to keep their eyes off his people corner of the galaxy. He would betray who he needed to betray in order to keep them off balance and less powerful. He would sew war between the major powers, fighting for one against the other than for that power against another power until the time he was certain the Ascendancy was safe from the warmongering powers of known space. He would feed the wars of the known regions giving them fuel and fire to destroy one another. Their weakness was his only concern. Their petty squabbles and stupid arguments would be his greatest weapon against them all. His life was devoted to this end. He and his people could never go home. They would never know the embrace of their loved ones. Never know what it was to see the sky of their homeworlds. They could never return, That was the way of the Chiss. They had sacrificed all to save their homes and now would do so again and again until they could no longer stand and fight.

FLEET

1 Imperious Mk II-class Star Defender Termagant (Shielding 78% Hull 85%)
1 Aurora-class Siege Destroyer Onager (SHielding 90% Hull 88%)
1 ISD III-class Star Destroyer Agitator (Shielding 97% Hull 85%)
1 Pelagic-class Star Cruiser Long Bow (Shield 79% Hull 88%)
1 Proclaimer-class Star Frigate
2 Odysseus-class Cruisers (1 Hull 90% SHielding 70%)
1 Mantis-class ELINT Frigate
1 Moray-class EWAR Frigate
4 Imperial Reconnaissance and Exploratory Corvettes
11 Wake-class Multi-role Pickets (1 destroyed 1 damaged unable to jump.)
6 Intersector-class Patrol Pickets
4 Liberté-class Light Corvettes
Attack Craft
TIE Seeker Starfighter
TIE Locust Fast Interceptor
TIE Talon Line Interceptor
Novawing Missile Boats

Actions
Targeted CIS SSD
FIred a barrage of Energy Torpedoes
Fires proton beam cannon
Fires another round of energy torpedoes
continued long-range fire from all vessels.

Founders-March.png

Thoughts: "Who is this man?"
Tags: Xobos Yakieer Darth Miseria Oceiros Sunstrider Oceiros Sunstrider
Equipment: Armor | Lightsaber | Sith Sword | Healing Tonic | Trinket
Troop: 17 Commando Droids, 2 Ouroborus Krayt Dragons

When Dianah turned away from Malphas the man had already resigned himself to the fact that she was being pulled away from his side. She had another path to walk this day and the Sith Lord felt no need to stop her. His amethys eyes turned to her, gazing over her form searchingly. How she'd changed in the eyes of the Force. Not so young, not so foolish, not so weak. He may have flashed her a smile as she turned from the Barrens, but it would be impossible to tell because he quickly turned his attention back to the massive mountain that laid before him. He could feel them, scurrying deeper into the mountain, rushing away from the harsh roars and savage slashes that Obsidia dealt to the rocky formation. Malphas reached out with the Force, his mind clear and focused until one single thing caught his eyes, one single life force. In the myriad of useless souls he'd found something that shined out like a diamond with the evening sun shimmering over it. While Dianah moved away, Malphas turned his eyes to his other apprentice.

"There are several of them hidden among the rock." He did not need to say anymore. Xobos knew that her place by Malphas was as his destroyer. So now he would allow her to cut the enemy down while his eyes were turned elsewhere.

Malphas lifted a hand towards the mountain and he felt Obsidia. The Dragon had linked her mind with the Sith Lord's and his actions became her. The black dragon lashed out, her claws wrapping around the individual who stood out like a flame in the darkness. Malphas turned his back on the mountain as Obsidia took flight into the skies with her prey. Malphas raised his hand to the skies until it tracked the black dragon, moving in sync with her as she flew with her prey.

Just as he was preparing to give Obsidia the mental command to end the man's life he felt another shimmer pulse through the Force. He kept trying to wrap his mind around this. This being was not especially touched by the Force nor did he leave the impression of someone with extreme mental fortitude. Why was he-

Malphas paused, his hand hanging suspended in the air as his eyes quirked with interest. He lowered his hand before sending a mental command to his dragon. It would take the man and bring him down, back to the planet below. Where Obsidia flew elegantly and with poise, her entry was hellish and damaging to the rocky land around Malphas. Her black legs slammed into the ground, sending rock and debris in every direction. Several large stones flew around the Sith Lord, guided away from his body with simple gestures through the Force. When Obsidia came to a full stop, she slammed the body of the Twi'lek into the ground, pinning him under her massive claws. Her maw lingered over him as she growled menacingly at the alien. For a time there was only the low growl of the Krayt Dragon, drifting through out the Barrens.

Turning his eyes to Oceiros Sunstrider Oceiros Sunstrider , he could see the man in another form entirely. What stood before him was something more than a terrorist. He was a man of two things, rage and focus. When silence reigned, Malphas stepped closer to the pinned Twi'lek, speaking over Obsidia's rumbling growl.

"There are some people..." He began, his voice was low with no sense of hostility or anger, merely interest. "...Who are born with talent and excel in everything they put their mind to. When they wake up their day was guaranteed to be a success from their first breath and then when they lay their head down the next day is sure to be even better than the last."

"But it means nothing. Time and time again I've seen those people be out shined by men like you."

"You're nothing." He said curiously. "Not even a speck in the fabric of the galaxy. You mean nothing to the future and even less to the past. Even still, your actions here have shaken the foundation of loyalty that have been in place for years."

"I could never understand it. It never made sense to me, until just a moment ago."

"There is one reason why you were able to create an event that would be remembered by history. Maybe they will forget your name, forget your creed, but this day will be remembered for hundreds of years. Do you know why?"

This time Malphas' eyes began to fade from their amethyst form while he looked down to the man before him. "Because you have something that even the greatest Emperors have never held. Those who are privileged and blessed with talent could still not accomplish this, because they do not have enough weight."

"It is that weight, that conviction that has led you to this moment, that led you to this moment. If you held any true talent or worth then perhaps you would have even succeeded."

Finally, Malphas ended his words. He'd been perplexed for years and in a single moment he'd been brought clarity, by a Twi'lek terrorist of all people. It was actually rather amusing. "Thank you for this lesson. Goodbye." As Malphas turned from the Twi'lek, Obsidia's massive wings would slam into the air around her, launching her into the skies above. It was her pleasure to kill in the skies.

8orbBc5.png

Objective: SURVIVE
Allies: Holt Ciri Jade Draconis Sederius Wolf Draconis Sederius Wolf CIS and Open
Enemies: Oceiros Sunstrider Oceiros Sunstrider AOC and Open
Equipment: Octarchy Covenant Armor
(Destroyed)

Rann lay in his bed made of debris, his left arm clutching the remains of his right when noticed a medic rushing over. Rann stared at the man, thankful he made it to help. The medic started talking to Rann, demanding responses as he went to work securing Rann's wounds.

"Hey bud, how are you doing? What's your name? Hey! Stay awake! Don't you worry about a thing, you'll be fine, I've seen plenty worse, just hold still for me 'kay? What's your favorite food? Where do you live?"

That's a lot of questions. Rann knew he expected answers and would struggle to give him answers.

"Bad........Rann...Okay...." The words came out weakly, pained. But Rann sensed his life would be harder if he didn't answer these very unimportant questions. He'd settle on one word responses. They'd have to do well enough.

"Uh.......not impor---....nowhere. I'll stay awake, you....f-focus...on...keeping me alive." he grimaced with each word. Please don't make me speak more, He thought.

The medic injected him with....something. He didn't know what it was, but suddenly the pain dulled even more, suddenly he didn't need to use the Force as much to hold himself together. He relaxed, allowing the medicine to do it's work.

"Hey, how many fingers am I holding out?"

Rann mimicked the fingers held up. Two. It was two. But he knew the medic required a verbal answer. He groaned "Ugh....two."

He looked as they unfolded what was apparently called a litter and the medic got on his knees next to Rann.

"This is gonna hurt okay, but we have to get you out of here. Ready? One, Two, Three!"
Then, true to his word, the medic rolled Rann over to give the others room to put the litter under him and it hurt

Tears rolled down Rann's eyes again. He wished he never stopped calling upon the Force to hold him together, to dull his pain, but it didn't last too much longer. Rann was placed down on the litter and strapped down with a neck brace secured to his neck. This is uncomfortable he thought. But probably necessary

The litter rose and Rann started being taken to whatever rally point the casualties of the battle would be taken too.

The dread in the world wasn't dissipating. It was growing stronger. Rann suddenly was very happy to be taken out of the battle, off the planet.

Ryloth.png

Equipment: Obsidian-type Strike Armor | Phase II w/ Ri Qorit Disabler | Knights Obsidian Warden Shield | Zlova Rue's Lightsabers
Tag: Lirka Ka Lirka Ka | Scherezade deWinter Scherezade deWinter | Sabine Delacroix Sabine Delacroix | Millu Lee Millu Lee | Luna Vega Luna Vega | K Kaine Australis

"Where in the Nine Hells--?" a woman's voice pierced the air down the hallway that passed by the Library and out into the Common Area.

Zlova Rue, former Sith Lord and now resident member of Acanthus -- arguably should be Thorn, but a Sith Lord is allowed to try new things -- stormed out into the hallway from one of the double doors that connected the various areas of the Castle internally. Her golden eyes were particularly sharp and aglow with the ire built up over time at this point. "What is wrong with stairs? Lifts? Have you people ever been to another planet? Who created these doorways? Perhaps the spirit having a laugh at my expense would dare reveal itself so that I might demonstrate my appreciation for its 'guidance.'"

A few men and woman had leaned around or stopped to stare at the red Twi'lek when her voice filled the air. Two seconds later they slowly averted their eyes and pretended nothing had happened. Except for one woman that approached with a forced smile. "Sister, perhaps--"

Rue held up a hand and looked the woman in the eyes. "I came here to 'share,' because I like learning as much as the next history-obsessed Sith does, and those are your conditions. I didn't come here to be jostled around your Castle finding myself on every floor and tower except the one I wanted because I killed some spirit's mother in their former life."

A soft clearing of the throat purchased a bit of time for the Witch to remain calm. "I doubt such a victim is presently aiding in the Castle's defenses, Lady Rue. The spirits have their motives, and I am certain their actions were only to help you prepare for what is to come."

A hairless brow lowered over her bright gaze for a moment before Zlova forged ahead down the hallway. Obviously that conversation wasn't going anywhere. The spirits had a plan. Well, if the Plan was to anger a Sith Lord congratulations... though the smarter move would to make sure that happened outdoors.

At long last the Twi'lek motioned for the Witches tending to the defense of the Front Doors to open. A portable shield was erected as a temporary airlock of sorts as the doors parted to reveal the exterior. Once they were open enough for her to stride through them, she did so without hesitation to bear witness to what appeared to be a duel and a small on-looking crowd.

Scherezade seemed to fan out a bunch of blades around her before they were launched at some...creature that-- The doors were sealed shut in Zlova's wake and the former Sith Lord stopped moving. Lirka? Lirka Ka Lirka Ka was here? Zlova consciously took hold of her Force Suppression, which the Twi'lek often had wrapped about her unconsciously on a daily basis. She was used to hiding herself for so long it was as natural as breathing to her. Problem was, depending on Lirka's aptitude to studying Sith Lords the other woman might recognize Zlova by sight alone. A red Twi'lek covered in Sith Tattoos was hardly inconspicuous.

Inevitable she'd come across someone from the Empire. Perhaps Lirka wouldn't even know Darth Siron was recorded as dead. After all, how strange was it that a Sith was on this world today? Lirka herself was there, and with the Force Suppression active... a case of mistaken identity or undercover mission, perhaps? Whatever happened, if Lirka even noticed, Zlova would simply have to roll with it. There was no other option.

Well... there was one. Kill Lirka Ka.

Before any of that would matter, however, someone decided to crash their little party with an oversized party popper. One intended to devastate a ground target if not by direct impact then through concussive force. Sound strategy. Albeit if Zlova had known how it had been delivered she would have questioned the sanity of such a person. There were reasons missiles and torpedoes had been created. Manually guiding a bomb on target was suicidal, and it was dumbfounding how it would have gotten close enough to truly matter.

That, however, was a matter for another time to contemplate. In that moment, that blessedly brief moment before the knock, there was a roar. It came from deep within the belly of the beast that had given call not long ago, but whose voice had been drowned out to those on the ground by the lift off of the dropship -- assuming any had an ear to hear it. A winged beast soared overhead; its shadow passed in less than a blink of the eye.

Zlova did not know anything of this beast or why it was there, nor that its name was Tarkona, the Castle's Ouroboros Krayt Dragon protector. A sizeable creature that enjoyed snacking on rancor, the winged dragon soared into motion. It had a limited sense in the Force that honed in on a danger presented to the Castle -- practically the only ability aside from a form of telepathic communication only Vytal Noctura herself seemed able to draw out. While the Nightmother was away, Tarkona did not appreciate K Kaine Australis attempting to mess with its partner's nest. The fiercesome creature's tail was used as part of a body-long bat to knock the explosive package off course. Not enough to go sailing off into the distance, but enough.

The concussive force of the explosion echoed along the mountain-lined valley, shook the trees, and stilled the beasts in the forest. The force and the explosive material slammed into the Castle's shield. Men and women within the walls cried out as the force washed over the walled structure. Vials, jars, artifacts, and books rattled atop tables and upon shelves; some even clattered and broke upon the floor. Spirits in the Library were livid at the man responsible as they darted about catching and restoring as any tomes knocked from their shelves back into their proper place before they struck the floor.

Fortunately, the ramparts had not been devoid of Mandragora presence. While they had not intervened in the duel below -- as Sabine had not -- they had been present. Watching. Waiting. Only two ventured through the trees to see them. One of whom the spirits said bore an offer to visit. They had not come to assail Scherezade deWinter Scherezade deWinter , but to discover her intent there. Until Lirka Ka, a Force Dead woman that held their sympathies appeared to engage in battle. There was no cry for help, nor did the woman protest in so much. They knew not what to make of either her arrival or her willing participation in the duel, but they remain ready.

All of them were surprised to find the dragon, Tarkona, lancing through the air at full speed only to strike at some object over head. They knew of the hostile vessel and the fighters being launched, but through some means the enemy had been concealing their presence. A few had sought to aid in the battle only to find their magicks ineffective. A means of 'Force' suppression it seemed. There seemed little they could do until the scow that dropped the 'package' began to veer away with the dragon closing the distance. The Witches, however, were only people; their reaction times were not that of droids able to perform billions of calculations per second. They could not defend the Castle in stopping the explosion.

But they could fortify it.

What of the concussive force that passed through the shield swept over the Witches and caused them to drop to the balcony, to the floor, or to the tops of the wall where they had stood as the air washed over them. Their magicks were committed to their defense and in preventing damage to the Castle or those within. Sound of glass as it rattled and then shattered from the waves of undulating pressure sought to add a crescendo to the moment. Sisters and Brothers cried out in alarm as the glass in their room or from the towering glass mural in the Common Area came crashing down.

"Nine," Zlova breathed as she stepped forward to throw a shield of energy about herself, Millu Lee Millu Lee , and Sabine Delacroix Sabine Delacroix if they themselves had not already done so. It would dampen the effect of the explosive force as the Witches above had done, but for those three in the Courtyard observing the duel. Scherezade, Luna, and Lirka would have to fend for themselves; Zlova only had enough time to react, not weigh the worth of any of those further away and unknown to the Twi'lek.

Meanwhile, Tarkona herself had veered off knowing there was danger even if she did not fully comprehend what it might be. However, while her speed could be breath-takingly fast, especially for something her size, she was just a dragon. The force radiated outward and soon slammed into the Ouroboros Krayt. A cry of pain, alarm, and from a lack of comprehension at what had just occurred sounded just as her winged figure began to fall from the skies. A loud, thundering boom was soon heard as she crashed back down upon the surface of Ryloth.

Firestorm Five Heavy also suffered from the sudden change in atmospheric pressure, but unlike Tarkona possessed defensive systems and engines able to keep the ship airborne. It had not been without a great deal of sparks, battering of bodies, and general 'kark, kark, which way is up?' however. Her Lieutenant piloting the vessel laid out a litany of curses in a number of languages to the one responsible. 'Kicks' pointed out the downed dragon's position in short order, and the C-CDF quickly ordered them to take defensive position over her until the Witches arrived to heal the Nightmother's companion -- if she had indeed survived the attack. Naturally, the dropship would happily cut down anyone that sought to exploit Tarkona's current state. It could pacify small armies to clear a landing zone; it could protect the dragon, especially if it just helped save the karking Castle.

"Never seen the like," LT said under his breath.

7th Fleet Location: Entering Ryloth system space
Personnel: Alwine Daye Alwine Daye , Annasari Annasari , Gabriel Volturi Gabriel Volturi , Holly Starstorm , Larentia Larentia , John Locke John Locke , Raven Thystle Raven Thystle , Faye Malvern Faye Malvern , Visanj T'shkali Visanj T'shkali , Kyyrk Kyyrk , Daegon Corvinus Daegon Corvinus , and @ everyone else I missed

One moment the situation was tense, every heartbeat pounding in their chests with baited breath. Sweat tracked down from heads as hands shifted grips. Motion seemed to freeze in a moment that stretched to eternity, the weighty silent pause giving birth to manic action. An explosion of heat dehydrated skin at the sudden inferno that sought to consume all. A ship appeared out the windows, cannons opening fire while Gabriel killed even more in the hall.

Fire was everywhere. The scent of copper filled nostrils. And at the back of his throat he could taste BBQ seared over a fire.

His gorge threatened to rise for a mere moment. And then he reacted. Dropping to the floor in a crouch with his shoulders beneath the behemoth table, Derek grunted with a roar and stood with strength found in the force. The table upended becoming a makeshift barrier that quickly began overheating with the barrage of blaster bolts. Derek hazard a glance over the rim of the table seeing the fire and having a plan spontaneously erupt.

“DAEGON! READY! CONFEDERATES, READY!”

And then, like a madman leaping into certain doom, Derek stood and vaulted the table in a single motion flying directly at the wall of blistering flame. A flash of light and the static charge of his hair told him how close he had come to ceasing to exist. And then his body hit the wall of flame and disappeared in its depths.

Fire destroyed and consumed. It breathed and danced. It played with free abandon wrecking all in its unending quest to quench the unending hunger for more. Fire was the embodiment of hellish death. Yet for select few, fire uttered life and fulfillment as it finds a kindred spirit. From within the flames a voice screamed.

“NOW!!!”

As suddenly as the flames sprang to existence and followed the command of another, the fire around the engulfed viceroy shifted, tendrils of flame caressing the exposed flesh as cloth scorched into nothingness. Fire wove around Derek’s body, seeking entrance which the man gave with an inhale. The wall of flame bent, splitting from above like the veil parting. An impossibility that became reality.

Like a god the fire parted over him as slowly his skin sizzled from the heat, his eyes glowing ruby red as the energy that should have destroyed him instead fueled him. With a roaring shout his hands stretched forward and fingers tightened as he sought to exert the massive power absorbing into his very being into hammering blows to the exterior of the ship. Hands clenched and he sought to take the ship in the clutches of telekinesis in an effort to tear the ship in twain, or at the very least immobilize the vessel. Eyes locked onto the form of Gabriel who murdered his people so effortless and with no remorse. Snarling teeth clenched as the stream of power continued to flow, bolstering his abilities.

The Knights of Aegis ,who missed their station, luckily enough, avoided and instant death. But now they flew forward, following what would hopefully be his brother in arms and closest ally, Daegon, who was just as dangerous and deadly as the flaming viceroy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom