Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship MFG34 Mantis-class ELINT Frigate

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
MFG34Mantisfrigate.jpg

Image Source: My Photobucket
Affiliation: MCS, The DIrectorate, Select Mon Calamari Customers with Contract only
Manufacturer: Mon Calamari Shipyards
Model: MCF34 Mantis-class ELINT Frigate (Sha-Shore Variant)
Modularity: None
Production: Limited
Classification: Frigate Carrier
Material:
* Starship Components

* Ferrocarbon Condensed-matter Composite Starship Frame
* Neualuquad Ablative Armor Plating
* MC1010 Delpus4-class Shielding
* MC1003 Tetra-class Targeting/Tracking Arrays
* MC1004 OPAL-class Communication Laser Projectors
* MC1005 Dolfin-class Communications Arrays
* MC1002 Oracle-class Sensor Suite
* Borealis Reactor Cores

* Glasteel View Ports
* (CGT) Crystal Gravfield Trap
* Long Range (EPR) Electro Photo Receptors
* Photoamplifiers
* Doppraymagno Scanners
* Doppler Sensor Array
* Soliton antenna
* Mass-detector
* Transponder Marker Tracker
* Radiation Sensor
* Com-scan
* Universal transceiver package
* Target Identification Network

* Communicator monitor

* Heat detector
* Motion sensor

Length: 400 meters
Width: 175 meters
Height: 110 meters

Armament Rating: 2
* 4 MC-d1001 Tarpon-class Heavy Defense Batteries

Defense: 14

* MC1010 Delphus.4-class Shield Projectors
* Redundant socketguard Protected Systems
* Redundant Cap Drains
* Redundant De-ionizers

Hangar: 3 Squadrons
* 1 Attack Craft Squadron
* 2 Support Craft Squadron

Special Features:

Heavy Shielding
Redundant Hardened Systems

Anti-Slicing Systems
Anti-ion Systems

Advanced Sensors

Maneuverability Rating: 10
Speed Rating: 11
Hyperdrive: Class 1

Strengths:

* Heavy Shielding - The vessel has multiple layers of overlapping redundant shield protection
* Redundant Systems - The vessel has multiple layers of system redundancy
* Anti-slicing - All networks and systems are protected from slicer attacks by Socketguards
* Anti-Ionic Defense - Multiple systems are installed to protect the vessel from ionic based damage.

* Advanced Sensors - the vessel has multiple advanced sensors

Weaknesses:

No Offensive Armament - The Mantis is meant to carry out monitor and detection missions, not for combat.
Cost - the massive redundancy and construction technics make the class very expensive.
Repair - the massive redundancy and construction technics make the class difficult to repair. Vessel must be repaired at a certified MCS drydock.

Description:
The MFG34 Mantis-class is classified as an ELINT or Electromagnetic Intelligence, vessel. This class of vessel often work alone and hidden on the edge of systems monitoring and logging the activity of the system for later analysis.

The primary mission profile of the vessel is covert intelligence-gathering by electronic means. Secondary mission profiles include Fleet support and System Defense where it utilizes its advanced powerful sensors to monitor space for any and all communications and starship traffic.

The Mantis-class has a large Prow mounted ELINT Pod which is used to scan and identify targets and communications covertly. The Pod is a massive antenna like attachment which utilizes several types of sensors to perform an array of tasks from Signal interception to cloaked vessel detection. An array of hundreds of MC1002 Oracle-class Sensor Suites operating in conjunction to scan for contacts. In addition to the multiple Oracle sensors the Mantis utilizes a dual matched array of Doppraymagno Scanners and Doppler Sensor Arrays to detect the changes in spatial resonance as starships pass through it. It does this by monitoring the frequencies given off by various spatial sources such as stars, pulsars, nebulae, and planets, As a ship passes through space its mass affects the signals and frequencies around it which can be detected by the vessels array of dopplar sensing scanners..

Various sensors give the vessel detection at multiple ranges.

Communications - System wide Extreme Range
Radiation Sensor - Long Range
Active Long Range Sensors - Long Range
Dopplar Array Sensors - Standard Range
Passive Sensors - Standard Range
LIDAR Standard Range
Cloak Detection Sensors - Standard Range

Development Thread: Peek-a-BOOM - Vessel of this class is used to hunt cloaked pirate vessel
Intent: To Create an ELINT frigate
Who Can Use This: MCS, The DIrectorate, Select Mon Calamari Customers with Contract only
Primary Source:
Sensor array wiki
Starship Sensor Array wiki
Communications sensors wiki
Signals intelligence
ELINT 1
ELINT 2
Electromagnetic Intelligence
ELINT sensor system
Doppler effect

Guardian-class patrol ship

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Reshmar"]

So this is 30-post dev for a limited-production ship that can detect any stealth vessel, regardless of the usual stealth technologies -- is that correct? If so, are there any circumstances under which this ship would not be able to detect stealth vessels? And what kind of detection range are we talking about -- short, turbolaser, long, extreme?

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
Sure there are always ways around my stuff but its a secret...

no just kidding, A GAM in conjunction with cloaking would be very difficult for it to find. space clutter also will make ships hard to find. The array can find ships in asteroid belts and such if they are large enough and put out enough radiation. But the belt or space junk or what ever would totally confuse the dopplar. I can think up a few more ways but lets leave that for people to come up with on their own lol.

As for range I would say since its using several different kinds of radar it would be long to extreme range. The communications detection would be extreme. I could list ranged for the types of sensors and detection equipment if needed.

Communications - System wide Extreme Range
Radiation Detection - Long Range
Dopplar Detection - Long Range
Active Long Range Sensors - Long Range
Passive Sensors - Standard Range
LIDAR Detection Standard Range
Cloaking Detection - Standard Range

[member="Reshmar"]

Looks good to me; if you could package that information for your description, that'd resolve things nicely at my end. My one hitch is the doppler range - I'd prefer that at standard range, since I don't really see it as realistic to spot cloaked ships at LRT range. Feel free to make the other edits you mentioned on Skype, or not; up to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom