Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Invasion Break of Dawn || CIS Invasion of BOTM held Rhand

Dimitri Voltura

D

voltura2.png

Mitridiv.png

skyhook.png

ALLIES: CIS & Allies (Ave Lazy)
ENEMIES: BOTM & Allies (Ave Lazy: The Sequel)
ENGAGING: Halketh Halketh
GEAR: In Bio.

Oo~CRACK~oO

The die was cast.

That thin line of fate drew Dimitri’s attention to the stairs that led down to the hangar even before the Vulture had emerged on them.

There was no mistaking the identity.

At face value, the man that approached Dimitri was unimpressive. But there was no mistaking the face that had barred Dimitri’s way years ago. There was no mistaking the Presence. It may be so much more powerful. Darkness rolled off this man in waves, drowning the very air in the hangar. A weaker man than the centuries-old Sith Lord would most certainly be crippled by it. But Dimitri could still sense the same signature he had sensed all those years ago. Still recognise him, even though the man was completely stripped of gilded armour right now.

It was almost disarming.

Dimitri was still wary. This was the man that had breached his psyche once. But, despite that vast amount of power that thrummed from the Miraluka, the Obsidian could not sense any ill will from him now. That. above all else, soothed the Dragon.
"It is good to see you again."
The turbulent chaos within Dimitri's being abated at his....adversary's....sincere tone.
"Likewise." he said. "It's been a while."
To any outsider, it must have seemed strange for two War Masters on opposite sides to be so cordial towards one another. In reality, even when they were trying to kill one another, the amicable trend never ceased.

A gentlemanly understanding.

"My parlor is not far, fortunately, I'm sure you're quite exhausted from your journey here."
The Obsidian Lord realised how crucial it was that he kept this man occupied. It was clear that his power had grown immensely. Dimitri did not yet know what the Miraluka's involvement was in everything that was transpiring below, but that he was involved, there was no doubt of. It did not take a centuries-old Master's brainpower to put two and tow together.
"A respite would be wondrous, thank you." he merely said before following his host deeper into the surprisingly extravagant ship.

The Obsidian Lord felt quite unarmed despite his armour and weapons. His fellow Dark Lord's demeanour had been much more enigmatically sincere than Dimitri expected. He had a strange inkling, however, that weapons and armour would not be necessary in this negotiation. Not unless things went awfully awry.

But his aim at the moment was to stall Halketh long enough for his comrades to succeed in their endeavour.
<Is that really?>
The Snake had been quiet for quite a long time, so the sudden candid question from his dead former master unseated Dimitri slightly. Anguis was never candid.

Have the scales been tipped already then?

Without his knowledge?

Dimitri didn't answer, but the question did leave a lingering thought that the Obsidian Lord decided to keep on the back burner for the time being - still heated and within reach.
"Interesting colour scheme." he rather remarked as they approached the parlour. "How do you keep the...dirt...from staining the floor and walls?" the dry question followed, lingering slightly on dirt.

An ordinary conversation between kin.

While war waged on the surface below.

Mitridiv.png

Fleet Marshal, CIS Navy
skyhook.png
ALLIES: Kiff Brayde Kiff Brayde | Verin Oldo Verin Oldo | Vemric Keldra | Oleander Webb Oleander Webb | Laertia Io Laertia Io
ENEMIES: Tu'teggacha Tu'teggacha | Dakrul Dakrul | Alars Keto Alars Keto | Talon Kyber
ENGAGING: Open
FLEET: 1st Task Force

"Jump the 402nd and the 403rd into optimal weapons range. We need to take out these ships so we can begin boarding and landing." Breaker ordered. The siege and attack lines disappeared, and then blinked back into existence much closer to Rhand. The Argente-class assault cruisers and the five
Grievous-class star destroyers deployed their fighters, and began carving a path for the dropships to begin offloading their troops onto the surface. As the star destroyers began engaging the Maw ships guarding the atmosphere and space station, they began feeding targeting information back to the Hellfire's super AI, and directly into the implants in Jason's brain.

The ship's hypervelocity cannon began spitting out its massive depleted uranium shells as the missile batteries started launching XM-15 Brilliant anti-capital ship missiles towards the enemy ships. The star destroyers' fighter wings had began to engage the Maw fighters and their deadly dance began. While the Maw's fighters attacked the craft sent to destroy them, the star destroyers began launching their Krell-class landers in order to reinforce the ground offensive. The Miraj heavy assault bombers began their first bombing run to clear out LZs for reinforcements to arrive. Anti-Aircraft defenses started to engage the bombers, but the heavy proton torpedos would provide them with some distraction

"Status update: Star destroyers shields holding, heavy ordnance inbound to any threats" the AI spoke directly into Jason's mind.

"Coordinate bombing runs with Verin Oldo Verin Oldo 's fleet to ensure maximum effectiveness" Jason ordered as he stood back and watched the destruction.

Halketh

Libertas quae sera tamen

D3533-FD2-B75-E-4610-969-F-FB2-C49703064.gif

O M N I S C I E N T
S A I N T E D
Dark Lord of the Sith
Aboard the RCB "PROPHET"
Dimitri Voltura
edit_me.png

The stroll through the vessel was unremarkable, the two Sith passing by the attendants and caretakers of the vessel going about their business as if a planetary war was not underway far below them. Few paid the two any mind at all as they passed, offering nods of greeting or acknowledgment here and there, and not much else.

"Interesting colour scheme." he rather remarked as they approached the parlour. "How do you keep the...dirt...from staining the floor and walls?"

"Is it?" the Dark Lord hummed in amusement, "I hadn't noticed." His answer was delivered with something more than the monotone oft offered, so much so that he chuckled. "The answer to that question is rather simple, truly, I don't do dirty-" he placed the same emphasis on the word as Dimitri had, "-things in places I wish to keep unsullied."

At the end of the lengthy corridor stood two resolute doors, trimmed in the same vaunted lavishness as the rest of the interior, though noticeably these were attended by two troopers in tenebrae plate dripping with the same color scheme as the environment and their Lord. Though a stranger approached with Caelitus, they pivoted in unison to grasp the handles of the doors and parted them, opening the parlor for the two to enter.

The inside was much more casual than the rest of the ship, a place for respite, thought, and relaxation it was without question. Black velvet chairs stood with a small table between them directly opposite of the door; a sprawling transparisteel pane seeming to make up the entirety of the wall on that side. The view offered revealed better the position of the ship, and from that pane, the scale of the war effort was revealed in full. The curvature of the planet coursed gracefully beyond the horizon, the city and reaches beneath. Had their altitude been lower and their position closer, no doubt it was that the soldiers and warfighters below would have appeared as specks dancing through the various channels.

A desk lay against the opposite wall, scattered with various datapads and transmission devices, most of which seemed to have been disassembled. Tools lay amongst them, the obvious workspace of a man with too much time for tinkering hands. A little stovetop lay built into the accomodating counter, accompanied by a small cooler, and cabinet space for storage. Somewhere in the room, the smell of incense was sourced, pouring its gentle fragrance into the space.

"Sit please, make yourself comfortable." Caelitus gestured toward the chairs, though he personally made for the cabinets, "I've been told the view is rather exceptional." He set about the humdrum motions of filling the kettle with water and placed it upon the heat. "I can sense what The Dragon has been up to as of late," he spoke, turning himself about to lean against the counter with a hip, "but what of Dimitri?"

TaiiaTop.png

Equipment: Lightsaber | Dae'slin Armor
Enemies: MAW
Objective:
Port Sorrow
TAGS: Srina Talon Srina Talon Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean Diocletian Kahmen’’a Diocletian Kahmen’’a Ignatius Rausgeber Ignatius Rausgeber Blade Ice Blade Ice

Taiia was finishing the pre-flight as Srina and Maliphant boarded the drop pod, at least they were both punctual, she ran the sequence for opening the ventral hangar doors and she called back to the pair. "We'll be going in fast, I highly suggest you both strap in. As for a plan Lord Maliphant? Essentially, Once we are on the ground, I'll break off from you two I'll take the skyhook up to the control room on the other end. You two will destroy the generators once I do. Yes, I am aware that leaves me stranded at the top." once she confirmed they were both strapped in she hit the controls and the ship shot out of the hangar flanked by the other two Jackal pods.

She sent a comm quickly to the flight deck "Fortressa, this is Lord Mataan we are away." she throttled up to full and the trio of ships burned across the vacuum with unparalleled speed, the first leg of the journey was largely uneventful until they closed in on the planet itself. A trio of fighters had given chase and we're trying very hard to get a lock on the pods. She was able to just stay tantalizingly too far away from a lock so they resorted to blind firing which only amounted to a few scorch marks on the hull before a group of allied fighters chased them away.

Knowing full well there is no such thing as 'safe' in a warzone Taiia rolled hard as a volley of fire came from somewhere ahead while the other two Jackals followed the maneuver to the letter. The little maneuver wasn't just about the weapons however she had also adjusted the approach angle tremendously to where the angle of descent was bringing them directly overhead Port Sorrow.

A few moments later the pods were breaching the upper atmosphere and the turbulence increased greatly, the three pods continued in a loose formation the ship was being buffeted by the gravitational forces trying to pull them in while at the same time the atmosphere was trying to repel the falling dropships, the turbulence was quite violent before they finally broke through and it ceased allowing the passengers a moment to breathe before the next volley of weapons fire erupted from the surface below them.

A couple of shots hit their own ship as they descended but a straight descent left little room for evasive maneuvers, as more and more guns trained on their descent vector she reached up and hit a button on the console the other two jackals moved in front of them and acted as a screen, the concentrated fire now split between all three vessels, there was a loud impact followed by one of the two jackals exploding violently as shrapnel slammed into their own Jackal alarms began blaring, the other ship had done its job, however.

"BRACE!" she had barely gotten the words out as the remaining Jackals fully reversed their thrust giving all in of their passengers a nice case of whiplash, but even with that impact was only lessened as each dropship impacted much harder than the landing assembly was rated for there would be no return trip on these. On each drop ship the doors blew off as designed and a full squad for droids disembarked from the other jackal and they got to work setting up a secure perimeter. The droid squad was an odd mix of B1s, destroyer droids, and magnaguards. Taiia quickly adjusted in her seat and removed the harness trying to quickly get out of the chair and up and moving.

"Apologies for the landing. We should be within their defense perimeter we'll need to move fast regardless."

RHAND
PORT SORROW
SPACE ELEVATOR CONTROL ROOM
OBJECTIVE: D I S P A T C H
Diocletian Kahmen’’a Diocletian Kahmen’’a | Taiia Locke Taiia Locke | Srina Talon Srina Talon

Ignatius felt some sharp relief when he finally saw, for all its glory, the inner enclosure. By now, word had travelled up and down the line, and the vast host of slaves was being increasingly pushed to move in. What had started as a slow, shambling walk was now beginning to look almost like a brisk push. Expletives flew around the slaves’ heads, breaking them down verbally with threats of violence and fates so painful they made even Ignatius wince. Sweat now pouring down his forehead, he entered the enclosure, via the catwalk defences which were rapidly being reshaped into battlements. Haphazard welding being performed. Heavier weapons being pried against the railing, and a general sense of impending doom. As he drew himself forward, Ignatius quietly felt perhaps he might’ve best gone and bolted. Left free, without the wants of the Maw. But, he had no ship. No skills. And the space battle above would’ve clearly annihilated him.

As he trudged forward, lungs bumping against his rib cage, a familiar voice rang out, “Igg-ayy! Igg-ayy! Over here Dragleg!” T’kerri waved him over, before gesturing at some other Auxiliaries to move up to the frontal defence of the elevator enclosure. Despite the trips going up, it only felt like there were more and more slaves piling in. Even with the distant rumble of engines as freighters tried to pick up the slack. “Iggy, Braygar wants you.” Those words turned Ignatius stone cold. He felt all of his exhaustion freeze almost, and adrenaline pumping. “Ole mate’s at the lift controls,” He gestured to the large building behind him. Within the secure enclosure, and about two floors up from the overseers office. “He’s not real ‘appy Iggy.” As Ignatius moved closer, the slave worker gestured to his pistol, “I bet, I should uh, I should take that off you.” He paused, “Wouldn’t uh, wouldn’t want any accidents now. Would we?”

Ignatius looked at the man, and then down at the pistol. No. He was done with this. “Kerri,” Ignatius pulled himself up, and his hand clasped around the pistol, “I have run half way around Port Sorrow today, making sure we do not fail in our objective. I have subverted the orders of a superior yes,” He pulled out the pistol, and wagged it in front of T’kerri’s face. The weequay seemed taken back, “I seem to remember you being very happy to coordinate that with me.” He turned his head to the left, and spat, spittle spraying across the catwalk, “So here’s what’s going to happen. I go up there. Braygar is going to kill me. And as I bleed out, I will at the very least have the satisfaction of blowing a hole or two in his gut.” Ignatius put the pistol back in his holster, and stormed past T’Kerri, who still looked dumbfounded.

The interior of the lift control building was a mass of engineers, greasy and like Ignatius, a slave, running up and down the stairs. Carrying buckets filled with rusted tools, and drums of thick black lubricant. Even as he slowly drew himself up, Ignatius could hear the sounds of Braygar thundering. “Whatd’ya mean ya can’t stop it?! I ‘ave my orders from the Final Kriffin’ Dawn that those heaps’a fleshy sacks are meanta go back inna cage!” Ignatius paused around the corner to the office, and felt knots tie themselves of his innards. This was it. But if this was it, for good. He was going to get his.

Ignatius moved to the doorway. He straightened out his First Imperial-style greatcoat, matted and tattered from his time in the Maw. Rausgeber straightened his posture, and stood to attention. Pistol behind his back. Taking one deep breath, he swallowed. “Ahem,” He began. Braygar, who was berating one of the droids working the console rounded back. The obese, glutenous gamorrean had a crazed look in his eye, “You wanted me sir?”

You slag’eap!” Braygar screamed at him, rounding toward him, “I should ‘ave you thrown up ‘ere with the wretches! Putta work minin’ spice for the next-next rest of ya miserable life!” The voluminous Overseer barked, “How dare you undermine a superior, you maggot!” He stepped toward Ignatius, his feet clanking viscerally against the plating, “What were you finkin’?!”

That there were too many to simply pull back.” Ignatius snapped back, his voice hard. Terse. But not loud. “That your strategy would have spread us too thin. We can mount a defence from here. Not when we have to pull a thousand or so captives. Frogmarch them through the Port.” Ignatius added, glaring at Braygar, “The rest of your command seemed to agree. There’s no way we get off this rock, lest we have some real strategic support.” Rausgeber paused, “You can ask them yourself.”

Oh aren’tcha a smarty one!” Braygar slurred, moving toward Ignatius, “Tell me who the traitorus, mutinous bastards are’n I’ll make sure ya death ain’t as slow for you ‘ere!” He leered above Ignatius, cracking his knuckles, ready to strike. Ignatius swallowed. It had been bold to tell T'kerri what he was going to do, but now? Now he wasn't so sure. "Well!?" Rausgeber saw Braygar raise his fist, ready to strike.

But Ignatius struck first. His arm wrapped around and he fired into Braygar’s foot. “Gah!” The Overseer tumbled back, and fell. Ignatius meanwhile struggled with the recoil, and staggered backwards himself. “Mah foot! Mah bloody foot!” The Gamorrean guttrally wailed. Ignatius, reached, and aimed again. Both hands on the pistol. And fired at the other foot. It hit. Braygar fell like a tub of thickened lard, wailing, and his arms flailing. “Traitor! Ya traituh!”

Ignatius approached, the Gamorrean on his back, trying and failing to clutch at his wounded appendages, struggling against the mass that was his gullet. Rausgeber leaned down, and plucked the pistol from his belt. Adding it to his. Ignoring the cries of pain, Rausgeber moved to the droids, “I-I-I will assume command from here.” Ignatius asserted, moving to the control consoles. “Keep moving at double capacity. And increase speed.” Ignatius looked down at the monitors, denoting the building pressure of the generator, and servo stress. “Have some mechanics, engineers, who ever can muster down there. See if we can jury rig, maybe get some of the failsafes lifted.”

Then we’ll-” Braygar’s yelp in pain as he huddled on the floor intruded on Ignatius’ command. He was brought back into sharp relief as to what he had done. "Look, Braygar, sir. I-I'm very sorry, for what I did. I-I get it. Your hurt. But I promise, I-I promise if you just-just shut up, I'll make sure you're fixed.” With both hands, he approached Braygar and levelled the pistol at his head. The Overseer writhed in terror, “But I swear to the Force itself, I-I have had it up to here with you.” Ignatius warned him, “Just stay down there, and bleed. Once this is over you’ll get the help you need.” Maybe. Still, Braygar nodded, tears welling in his eyes. That would do for an assurance. For now.

The Holy City of Gehinnom trembled indeed under the magnitude of the Great Heathen Priest Dakrul Dakrul and his dark sermon. A thousand hands reached out, many more voices echoing where there was no sight over the beholden icon and his dark ritual. A massive wave of life lost shuttered forth, sacrificed masses to feed the Avatar's hunger, their lives given freely to the Avatar of Death to be handed over unto Rebirth's sweet sweet embrace. This was the holy word of the Mawites, not the Sith among them but the great congregation of zealous cultists who held the Brotherhood together like glue.

Kryll rose his face upward from his knelled position in near tears, his spiritual journey had been long and hard. The shockwave of death felt as if it had taken apart of his spirit momentarily, a near-instantaneous jutter that coursed down his spine with the touch of the 'divine'. He had awoken his gift over Csilla, molded it, harnessed it. The Heathen Priests had saved him from total assimilation into the hive-mind of the Drengir, the call that always haunted him ever still by the words of Eldervine Eldervine .

Clasped hands shook violently as he exhaled, he felt it all. Death had come, the great Avatar of Death gracing them with it's most benevolent presence. They were real, he was a believer. Things had changed.. he had changed.

The Lieutenant rose to his feet slowly, his eyes adjusting around at his surroundings as he checked the time. It would be ready soon, his people were in position, all that mattered was everything to position itself right. "Oy patch me through to those kiddos again, broadcast it if yew gotta." He took a step back so his holographic presence could be projected and his voice clearly heard, he sent it on all available channels just to get the message across to the Confederates.

"Aye Aye Aye. We doing this or wot? We got slaves dying in here, our Holy City sitting ducks, a skyhook still loading good ol' boys and a near empty Port aside from War Boys. Tu'teggacha Tu'teggacha you might as well blow the Skyhook mate, I don't think any of em' gonna last much longer up here. I'm gonna ave me a drink, take a load off."

Resuming his stupor from before, the Marauder Lieutenant grabbed the nearby bottle of Corellian Ale he was working on, "This one's for you laddies. Oh Queen of Naboo, how fair and bright ye beeeee."

@CIS Fleeters | @MAW Fleeters | Tu'teggacha Tu'teggacha

New_Maw_1-1_1.png

port-sorrow.png

7rCBkGZ.jpg

ALLIES: Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner Lunara Azure Lunara Azure Ruus Kote Ruus Kote Damsy Callat Damsy Callat CIS

ENEMIES: Danika Leventis Danika Leventis The Mongrel The Mongrel @Khamul KryzeMAW

Rann continued to sprint towards Port Sorrow as the broken form of a droid came screaming, literally, in his direction only for him to ignite his lightsabers and hold them both vertically, splitting the droid into unequal thirds as it separated around him. He slowed to a jog, and then a casual walk as he approached the source of the attack. Some woman had placed herself in his path, no doubt looking to take Rann off the board. Rann sighed as he approached.
“I imagine you’re looking for a fight.” He said matter of factly, his voice metallic due to his red and gold mask he continued to wear.
Without giving her a chance to speak, he continued, “Let’s skip the menacing introductions and just get right to it.” He shouted, readying his lightsabers and throwing a quick glance around, observing his surroundings. He liked the battleground they found themselves on. It was nice and open, with plenty of debris to throw at his opponent. Yet even so, Rann was annoyed. Even with circumstances that lended themselves to his fighting style, he wasn’t here for a fight. But he wasn’t about to run from one.
“One less Maw scum.” He muttered to himself, justifying him staying to fight rather than avoid conflict and go for the bigger picture as he lifted a finger from his lightsaber, sending another piece of broken droid careening towards his opponent.

Last edited:

Vesta

V

¿

Objective: Let the past go
Allies: Maw
Enemies: CIS | Quinn Varanin Quinn Varanin

"You don't know the first thing about emotions, do you?"

As her tired gaze fell upon the flowing locks of blonde hair she confirmed to herself, with the twisting in her gut, that the words that Darth Daiara Darth Daiara had said had been just as wrong as Mori had claimed they had been. Her hand, then, reflexively moved for her lightsaber but her fingers refused to curl around its cold, metallic, surface as she strode quietly in the direction the other woman had gone. Disappearing with the shadows, or perhaps merely blending in with them, a glance back wouldn't have revealed her presence, much less the Sith's awareness of the Echani's arrival on Rhand. She followed in silence, from a distance at first, out of, perhaps, fear in regards to what a meeting between the two might entail.

She supposed she ought to be furious, that perhaps she should have lost her cool and lashed out with a red blade on impulse the moment she caught sight of her - but she didn't; couldn't. Or maybe she just wouldn't and wanted to shift the blame to feeling powerless when she was anything but. It would mark the second time that she'd evaded death by virtue of being her. Those sympathies, however, didn't run so deep as to prevent the inevitable.

"I'd say look who the cat dragged in.. but I don't recall inviting you."

It might've come across as self-deprecating humor, but there was a time that she'd masqueraded as the Echani's black cat - a time long since passed, certainly, but it was still fresh in the Shi'ido's mind now. Whether she emerged from the shadows themselves, or from nowhere at all, it hardly changed the fact that Darth Mori, Vesta Zambrano as Quinn remembered her, languidly strode towards her all the same. Looking.. different.. might've been an understatement, the phase of trying to experiment with what gender she felt suited her had ended more or less as soon as any communication between the two had. The scars that marked her face, throat, and side were ugly but they were, admittedly, cosmetic - she was a shapeshifter, certainly blemishes were accidental at best - but they coincided with the places she'd been struck during a recent bout.

"Quinn Varanin, in the flesh."

She spoke the name in mock awe, her rolling eyes and bored expression all but giving away the game. "Quite the nerve showing your face around here." She noted, coolly, with narrowing eyes. Looking her over, sizing her up, the reservations she had earlier, when the chance to end things quickly and quietly had presented itself, simply didn't exist now - the curling of her fingertips around the length of her lightsaber hilt was sign enough.

"Not that you'd recognize me without your face."

Last edited by a moderator:
The Silent Erika streaked to the Surface of Rhand, Stealth Drive fully engaged. Both Frigates dispatched to the Planet had made it, but one had been heavily damaged on one side. Their full compliment of Nuetralizer TIE's were being unleashed along with The Aerial Nuetralizer craft being deployed carried Laertia's Model 1's aboard them. Hundreds of Rocket Droids and Air Battle Droids also poured out to provide screening as the Aerial Nuetralizers raced across the skies, raining fire and death on select landing sites.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Rom, better known as Vera Mina Vera Mina , noted as they set down behind friendly lines.

"To you." Maple replied quietly, getting out of the cockpit seat.

"You don't like me very much, do you?" Rom asked, bemused.

"It's not a matter of not liking you, Android, it's a matter of your bloodlust getting the better of you."

"Fair point."

"There's also the fact you died in an invasion, and the only reason you were saved is because your Sister saved your processors."

"Meier told you that story, huh? I was new to warfare. Rookie mistake. I'm not a rookie anymore."

"Considering the number of posts your particular account has at the time of this, I'm inclined to disagree." Maple said, her insanity allowing a momentary fourth wall break.

"Huh?" Rom asked, cocking a Shotgun and a 7.62x51mm assault rifle in a typical Schwarzenegger load out.

"Nothing..." Maple replied, hefting a DC-17M.

Do we get to cut Motherfethers? her living armor, The Shroud of Madness, asked in her skull with her voice.

Yes, we get to cut Motherfethers. She replied back mentally.

Then we merge in the genetic level? It asked excitedly.

NO. We do not do that part.

You're no fun. I wuv yooz... it teased.

"Does every super advanced product of Nine need to be able to speak?" Maple muttered under her breath as she stepped off the hatch.

CIS soldiers were advancing through the streets over the dead. A squad of Model 1's awaited them both. All had a weapon in each hand.

"Maple Harte, Aunt Vera, we have been sent to supplement your attack strategem..." The Leader of them, known as Todd, explained.

"Ooooo, you dual wield too?" Rom gushed, walking up to him.

Todd looked at his weapons in each hand, then Rom's weapons in each hand.

"Huh. So THAT'S where we get that habit from..." he noted.

A mortar hit a building close by.

"Time to work..." Maple said grimly, heading to where a large concentration of Maw Fighters were, jealously attempting to keep the slaves from freedom. The Port was all that mattered, even with the chaos all around them.

As both the Nuetralizer TIE's and the Aerial Nuetralizers flew across the battlefield, raining death and destruction on the Maw fighters and droids, they began transmitting enemy locations to the ships under the command of Verin Oldo Verin Oldo to enable better assaults from above, some of the TIE's swooping in and using hit and run tactics with laser cannons, flying as unpredictably as possible to do damage to Anti-Aircraft guns targeting ships under command of Jason Breaker Jason Breaker , certain squadrons of already deployed Nuetralizer TIE's joining up with his ships to protect the Landing vessels, one TIE even choosing to deliberately sacrifice itself to prevent a launched missile from hitting a landing craft.

Maple had gone full Doom Marine by this point, precise burst of fire popping heads off two hundred meters away, The Nuetralizers accompanying them dual wielding T-007 Ion Disruptors to devasting effect as Maple led the Attack. Rom seemed to be besides herself with glee as she tore open chests and faces of Maw savages with Shotgun and Assault Rifle fire.

A mortar landed nearby, not close enough to kill, but the explosion wave knocked both her and Rom down, but not the Model 1's, who all fired their Disruptors at once on the enemy mortar position. There was no second mortar strike.

Maple, disoriented, spotted a hoard of savages, the same type she had fought at Csilla, as Rom pulled her up from the dirt, dropping her weapons except her white bladed Katana.

"I feel like a dirty girl. What about you?" Rom asked Maple.

"I feel like a dirty girl!" One Model 1 claimed excitedly as he began shooting in the direction of charging Maw.

"I feel like Mawites need to die." Maple replied, dropping her rifle and pulling out her saber cane, a green Shoto flashing out of one end.

Maple, Vera, and the Model 1's charged right into the thick of battle, her blade and use of telekinesis ripping into the Maw, slicing up or crushing their bodies. Rom spun her Katana into people screaming war cries, spilling blood everywhere as she howled in delight.

"Aunt Vera likes to kill as much as we do! That's comforting!" Todd the Nuetralizer remarked as he ripped a savages head clean off with his bare hands, other Model 1's flamethrowing the enemy...

Engaging: Damsy Callat Damsy Callat

Loadout: Red-bladed lightsaber, Regret, beskar'gam

Allies: The Mongrel The Mongrel , Dakrul Dakrul , Darth Tennacus, Darth Senthral, Ignatius Rausgeber Ignatius Rausgeber , Kyrel Ren Kyrel Ren ,, Blade Ice Blade Ice , BotM

Enemies: Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner , Rann Thress Rann Thress , Corin Autem Corin Autem , Priesse Verena, Ket Cros, Lunara Azure Lunara Azure , CIS

newmandoban.png

His jetpack propelled him to the upper levels of the space elevator, providing Khamul with a wider field of view. He steadily reached out, attempting to sense the approaching enemy. He had left the rest of Death's Hand on the ground. They knew what to do, and Khamul wouldn't deny them the chance to prove their strength. In the meantime, he would find his own way to test his mettle. Though the idea of cutting down wave after wave of soldiers was enticing, he felt that it would be unfulfilling. Death was his drug, and he was developing a higher tolerance with every battle.

He could sense the stranger in the distance, though the signature was weak. Distance, he thought. Time was on his side.

He carefully thought about his plan of action. Should his attacker approach in a ship, he would have to find a way to bring it down. His mind ran through the many battles he had fought as he sought a solution. Thankfully, it was obvious. He thought back to Helgard, and how he brought down the dreaded giant beast on those frozen lands. A starfighter would be no different. Each entity, organic or otherwise, had a weak point. All that it would take is the right push in the right spot...

He took a minute to reach out to his fellow Mandalorians one final time.

<<To all of Death's Hand. This is your Manda'lor. You know what your are meant to do. Keep them away from the elevator as long as possible. If you can, kill them all. Let it be known that I am watching over you. No... the Avatars are watching you. Your ancestors are watching you. What we do on this day will echo throughout history. Do your people proud, and we will see the day won. For Mandalore!>>

He never believed that so many would flock to his cause. He had believed some would, but their turnout had exceeded expectations tenfold. It only helped to confirm what he already knew...

His people sought guidance to greatness, and he would be the vessel for their rise.

newmandoban.png

Untitled-1.png

//: The Fortressa //:
//: Daegon Corvinus Daegon Corvinus //: John Locke John Locke //:

8f5d11cf954f1b08f542b3444f8547c19c505050.png

Okay...3..2..1...Let's jam

A figure squatted in one of the long vents of the headquarters for the Confederacy. The black leather straps of the stolen armor helped disguise the unwanted figure as they crawled their way deeper into the headquarters. The invasion of Rhand acted as a perfect backdrop for the spy to finally infiltrate the almost impenetrable CIS.

Moving around the curve of the vent, they paused. An outstretched hand patted down the metallic structure, searching for the grate that the lifted map showed on the HUD. Come on, Come on - John isn’t that creative to hide these things. It didn’t take long for the hands to find what they were searching for. Beneath the mask, an amused grin curled on the spy’s face - her assumptions were correct, and for once, she was a step ahead of her genius cousin.

Allyson Locke nimbly unscrewed the grate and pulled it back, not allowing it to fall and causing a stir. As she set it aside, her feet adjusted, and her head poked out of the wide shoulder hole and examined the room. The room was full of terminals, all flashing the logo of the CIS - her grin widened. She had found the central network room. Here, she would be able to gather all the information she needed to give the Alliance an edge, obtain eyes and ears within the Confederacy’s network, and hack John’s email. Pulling herself back into the vent, she pulled out her small datapad. She scrolled through the list of sites she planned on subscribing to him to get daily emails for offers for things like toe jam remover and information on his extended warranty for his superstar destroyers.

Revenge was so sweet when it was tied to work.

Only taking a few moments, Allyson secured an anchor for her line. The plan was to fall in, access a terminal, and zip herself back up into the vent. From there, she would be off-world faster than John’s cheap hair gel could dry. A hand adjusted the mask; she could easily explain herself with the
Obsidian Knight armor if anyone walked in. It was an easy lift after visiting John the last time and participating in their little sparring contest.

Allyson fanned herself, using the cover, and pulled at the tight collar of the armor. She remembered the banter she shared with the spicy redhead ( Taiia Locke Taiia Locke ) - it was enough to make the Corellian second guess her loyalties to the Alliance.

Time for work. Allyson slowly began to lower herself, nice and easy - the slower, the better it meant she had control. Just as she was ready to rotate her body to land on her feet, the gears from the anchor slipped, and she nearly face-planted into the floor.

giphy.gif

Allyson held her breath and waited for a second to see if anyone had heard the malfunction. When things remained quiet, she pulled herself back up so she could hover over the nearest terminal. Musing happily, the look on John’s face when he noticed the flood of his inbox, she started to plug different cords into the ports and began typing.
cjs0jh51syeqf1ospbtc.gif

This job was far too easy, but sometimes the Force smiled kindly upon you, especially when visiting family.

Last edited:

port-sorrow.png

F O R T R E S S A
[X]
Allies: CIS
Enemy: Maw
Enemy Engagement Status: [ OPEN + NPC Hungering ( Dakrul Dakrul ) + Soon to be Ignatius Rausgeber Ignatius Rausgeber ]
Nearby Ally Tag: Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean / Taiia Locke Taiia Locke
Location & Intent: (Landed on Rhand, Very near to Port of Sorrow/Space Elevator.)

“And when I go—Where will you be?”

The supposedly quick trip to the docking bay where Taiia Locke Taiia Locke was waiting seemed to take an age. The question that Maliphant posed was fair, though, their intelligence was limited. They knew the layout. Knew what to expect—But all of that went out the window when factoring in the undoubtedly erratic actions of the Maw. The Lord Obsidian would explain more once they embarked. The heathen brotherhood had little to lose, save, for the mongrels they had on the front lines. This was a business venture. A loss of credits, of labor, not a loss of lives.

Credits could be recouped. Dead, was dead.

Srina was already strapping herself into the dropship before the Obsidian Lord could request that they do so. Maliphant would likely feel the conflicting thoughts, emotions, that refused to show themselves on winter-pale features. The plan was simple enough, though, their portion was only one small part of a much larger endeavor. They were cogs in a machine—Of which the Exarch accepted, fully. She didn’t need accolades or to hold some mighty presence on a Super Star Destroyer.

She was no different than any other soldier. The Echani could breathe, live, and die for her nation just as they could. Title be damned. “The base of skyhook will likely be crawling with enemies. We will do what needs to be done to disable the generator for the space elevator. That should slow their movement, even though, there are likely other ports used to transport slaves. We’ll have to leave that to the others.”

It was all she could give. No warning, no call to be safe, only plain, factual information.

She believed that Lord Mataan could handle herself. If she couldn’t—She wouldn’t be in this position. Her body jerked backward slightly when the Jackal Pods were released into open space. She expected resistance and sensors pointed out that they were being hunted almost instantly. Her fingers curled around the restraints, knuckles whitening, and her stomach turned over when the pod rolled to avoid fire. It wasn’t long before they breached the atmosphere and the small pod shook so violently that her teeth gnashed together to stay still.

If that wasn’t enough—Anti-Aircraft weaponry seemed almost incapable of missing. Two of the extra drop-pods moved ahead to absorb the enemy fire and light exploded from the viewport. The sound of twisting metal and alarms was deafening. She almost didn’t hear Lord Mataan tell them to brace but did so automatically. When everything stopped? It was too quiet.

The sounds of battle were distant among the faint noise of the doors blowing off the pods.

Srina unhooked her restraints and shot a sharp glance at Taiia Locke Taiia Locke when she apologized.

“We’re alive. Good enough.”

The crunch of glass and debris under her boots was ignored. Not because she didn’t notice—But because that nagging sense of something deep and dark pulling on the back of her psyche had finally come to bear fruit. She could feel it. This place reeked of her namesake, of fear, but that sense of ominous dread was laced with something more potent. The wailing, screaming death, of hundreds lashed out into the Force. A flash of insight caused her eyes to flatten with anger and she tapped her comm to hail Daegon Corvinus Daegon Corvinus just when a blinding light poured down from a massive worldship that was visible in low orbit. A storm boiled beneath it, tearing the sky, and she had to look away.

It was light. But it was not the Light. It was depravity—Death, corruption. Necromancy.

“It’s started, Corvinus. They’re already killing them. Make the worldship a priority. If you want us to save any of them we need to move faster—”

Her head snapped to the left and the hastily placed comm call ended while a lumbering creature scrambled across low standing rocks and craggy earth. It moved quickly, almost like a spider searching for its next meal. The rotten thing made a sound that was ear-splitting before it began bounding toward Confederate forces. Was this what the worldship had done?

Were these the abominations they had created to fight their war?

“Enemy combatant to the northwest—Open fire.”

The Droid Units that made landfall turned at the direct command from the Exarch at a sharp angle and the young woman was forced to drop down on one knee while they began to empty their weapons overhead. It didn’t care. It pushed forward—And it wasn’t alone. More of them were rising from the depths and flashes of fang and claws, combined with the scent of rot, left a disturbing scene. Where forces had been scarce at this part of the Port? Now, they were strong. Growing.

It was Atrisia. It was Csilla. Fighting the Maw, it seemed, would always be a natural disaster.

“We need to deal with them.”

They were in the way. She sent a brief message to Ruus Kote Ruus Kote to see if he was close enough to provide any sort of air support. They weren’t far from their designated objective in the Port of Sorrow but with these beasts blocking the path it would take an age. The white-haired woman uncharacteristically swore and mentally reached for Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean . It would take too much time to try and disable creatures that were clearly meant to overwhelm. It was a legion; as the B1 Units were intended to be. Only, they were faster. Stronger. Brainless, and wild.

If they couldn’t take the time to render them inert?

They could bury them.

Srina pressed two hands to the ground on either side of her and a quiet murmur would echo in the ears of the Sith Lord she called her own. He knew her. He would feel what she wanted, with, or without the rings that bound them. The ground began to quake and golden corruption flowed into silvery eyes as the Darkside rose to meet her demands. It did not rule her—She commanded it.

<<…Be with me...>>

A simple request. A simple command—One that was heralded by the sound of blood-drenched earth beginning to tear itself apart.

Landed outside the Port in a Drop Pod. Got shot at. Lost a few pods, plus, took damage from AA weapons.
Pods can't be used for a return trip.
Started to head in but ran into the zombie-creature-features that Dakrul sacrificed a ton of slaves to summon up from the Worldship.
Currently trying to have the ground swallow them up. Asking Mal for help.

4bfdcf8cce648a2e9eac12dee441d61418944fd4.png

//: Darth Mori //:
//: Port Sorrow //:
//:
Closure //:
nAEbAR.png
“I’d recognize you anywhere Vesta, you forget how much of you I’ve seen.”

Quinn didn’t know what she was doing or why she had decided to show her face here. Having been visiting her godmother and taking visits back to Eshan, her life was happy for the most part. Yet, still, here she was chasing down the one that had shattered her heart to a thousand pieces. Even though she felt she had moved on, she knew Vesta still held a part in their grasp.

She needed closure, or maybe she just wanted to see if the rumors were true. Vesta had returned and was nowhere near the same person she had known, wherever she had gone - Quinn couldn’t follow; she wasn’t allowed to pursue. Quinn found herself fighting the urge to recoil at the venom dripping off Vesta’s words as if she had done nothing wrong. The young Princess watched as her former lover curled her fingers around a saber’s hilt to add salt to the insult.

There was no peace - there never would be.

“You lost that power when you decided to leave.” She spoke, her voice threatening to crack, but Quinn found her footing feeling her Mother’s saber at her side. “I had to see it for myself. I had to see whatever face you decided to take back to the galaxy after running away like a coward.” The force pulled at the hilt strapped to her thigh, flinging it to the waiting hand. Quinn wouldn’t attack first because somewhere deep inside of her, she still loved the Shi’ido.

But it was apparent that Vesta no longer cared; maybe she never did.

The thought crushed her, but she took a step forward. “Where did you go? Why didn’t you take me?” Her sorrow turned to anger, and she felt the dark side flow within her grasp once more. “I gave you everything.”

Quinn needed answers, and she was determined to get them any way she could.

“Everything, you had it, and yet I was nothing to you. So why?”

Ziare Dyarron, the little shadow-killer
COMPNOR (ISB) Junior Agent, Nite agent | Slave of the Maw
4UXlhDs.png
Objective: BYOO, try to survive (Maw side)
Equipment: N/A || OPBC-01m
Tag: N/A
mubNJ7l.png
[ Cry ]
"Galactic Basic" | ~"Telepathic" communication ~

I saw more pictures, memories; I was really alone, my parents died in an accident. I felt they were important to me, I loved them. But that was not true; biologically maybe they really were my parents, but nothing more. I was just a tool, an asset in their eyes. As I thought about it, a strong migraine-like pain started in my head again. It was already so strong that I screamed involuntarily and tears welled up in my eyes. And I just screamed.

The next moment I felt cold compared to the previous pleasant warmth, rain on my skin. I was still screaming while something was exploding nearby. Someone grabbed my shoulder hard and shouted at me. I opened my eyes, my hands still holding my head, near to my two ears. It was dark, twilight, the rain was pouring, and we were on the battlefield. That was the day Serenno was liberated. We won. One of my companions shouted something. It did not make any sense. We were better all along; we persevered until the NIO arrived.

But now it was something else, another strong pain, I screamed again, my voice was suppressed by a whistling sound. Despite the pain, I remained silent; this was not how it should have happened! There was no rocket; I recognized the sound; and in fact... We had almost no loss that day. In the evening we celebrated in the main square of the city, all of us; by then the rain had stopped. I tried to shout at the others as if they hadn’t noticed what was happening. They didn't hear me, and they didn't hear the approaching death.

Moments later, the rocket crashed into exactly the trench in which we were. The force of the explosion slammed against the wall; I survived. This is how I could see all my companions lying dead before my eyes. No, no, no, no, no, no! They have to live, they have to live! We won, here we won. Again the pain, I screamed as tears flowed from my eyes and pain ripped through my soul.

"Did you really think you could run away from me, sister?" I heard my brother's voice.

No, no, no, no, no, it can't be reality, it can't be reality! Probably it was all written on my face because his mocking voice replied:

"Oh, sweet Keilara, you're wrong, because that's the reality!" he laughed.

UaaFcjP.png

54MNAtl.gif

Objective: Drama Queen
Equipment: Mind Crown | Black MidNight Duster with Hood | Echani shield suit | Grav Boots | Eltro Life Gloves | x4 red lightsabers | Defender | Forearm Lanvorak | Wrist Laser | x2 FWG-5 Flechette Smart Pistol | Boomer | X4 Daggers | Pack of Death sticks | Various Explosives on person and in backpack | Holopad
Allies: The Mongrel The Mongrel | Kyrel Ren Kyrel Ren | Ignatius Rausgeber Ignatius Rausgeber | Blade Ice Blade Ice | Darth Maestus | Khamul Kryze Khamul Kryze | Darth Solipsis
Enemies: Carnifex | Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner | Diocletian Kahmen’’a Diocletian Kahmen’’a | Kyyrk | Zlova Rue | Jhira Mereel | Priesse Verena | Lunara Azure Lunara Azure | Rann Thress Rann Thress | Caltin Vanagor | Felix Aquila | Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic | Laertia Io Laertia Io | Srina Talon Srina Talon | Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean | Prennis Keeoli | Corin Autem Corin Autem | Ruus Kote Ruus Kote | Damsy Callat Damsy Callat | Kristyl Arenais | Taiia Locke Taiia Locke | Lirka Ka Lirka Ka | Ket Cros |
Special Tags: Open

The Sorcerer’s of rhand began casting reanimate the dead along Tegan’s web. For any soldier, slave, or once living being that fell on the battlefield that’s brain was intact, they would rise a second time in serves to Maw attacking enemy units. It would become one of the shambling hordes with only one thought slaughter the enemy which in this case was the confederacy to help the horde grow. As forces collided and people on both sides felt the sting of death a hunger for destruction grew in their corpse as they began to rise up once more. Tegan’s web had been cast and allowed to grow for hours now and everything it touched was now corrupted by the waking of the dead.

Tegan herself stood on her Tower overlooking much of the Port, The Port of Sorrow a very fitting name this day. She looked to her sniper that had his rifle trained on Lirka Ka Lirka Ka just ready for the word. Then she looked towards the freighters being filled over capacity with slaves being taken up to the Holy city, it wouldn’t be long now and all the slaves in the area would be taken up to the holy city. Freighters seemed less of a target then the elevator, it was like The Mongrel The Mongrel to steal all the fun and excitement. He was like a famous rock star and all the fan girls which in this case where the Confederacy flocked to him. Tegan wasn’t Jealous at all, okay she was but it wasn’t like she could just kill The Mongrel he was useful.

One of her soldiers came up to her just then as she watched the spectacle unfolding lambs to slaughter. “The Knights of Ren are approaching the Temple.” Tegans’s eyes went wide with fury as she heard those words. What the hell were those idiots doing that was not in the plan. She couldn’t hide the visible anger on her face red shown through the black and white paint. “THEY ARE NOT SUPPOSE TO BE THERE!” She screamed in fury. Her orange sulfuric orbs for eyes flared up to an intense degree.

The temple was supposed to be left let them explore, let them reach the inner sanctum where their doom awaited them. The bloody knights of Ren out for glory just wanted to get their fill of confederate heads on pikes for bragging rights. Up until this point everything had gone perfectly to plan. “So, what is your order.” Pulling the trigger on the surprise for those in the temple, it was to early they hadn’t yet gotten far enough in she could feel them her web stretched that far. “Let them die with the Confederate fools if they don’t want to stick to the plan.” She snarled and waved the soldier away. If one more person broke away from the plan she swore she would find a super weapon and blow this whole damn world to bits.

Just as she thought another soldier approached her and she sighed. “Now what?” The diminutive figure was very irate at this point. “Don’t tell, The Mongrel broke the elevator?” The soldier looked at her not sure exactly how to answer. “Um, No…I mean I don’t Know…I don’t think so?”

“THEN WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT!” She screamed up at him as he almost stood two foot taller than her. She really needed to kill something in that moment but didn’t have anything in the immediate area to stab that she didn’t have a use for. He handed her a Datapad, with Radar and sensor reading on it and quickly her demeanor changed. “Interesting, I will have to work on breaking into comm channels, perhaps we can get some useful information.” At least she got a bit of good news.

Last edited:

Operation Cinder: Space Battle

Allies: Alars Keto Alars Keto | Talon Kyber | Isabella Pavan Isabella Pavan | Dakrul Dakrul
Foes: Jason Breaker Jason Breaker | Kiff Brayde Kiff Brayde | Westenra Mina Westenra Mina | Vemric Keldra | Oleander Webb Oleander Webb

The forces arrayed against the small Mawite battle group were truly overwhelming... but the CIS fleets, plural, seemed to be having a crisis of courage, coordination, or both. Some of them charged in, guns blazing, eager to engage the Brotherhood ships up close. Others dithered about at the edge of the quadrant, skittishly keeping their distance as they charged long-range weapons and launched transports. It certainly made things easier on the Maw to only have to fight a portion of the enemy at a time. And with the aid of the support ships that the pirate king Talon Kyber had brought in, they could put up a good fight.

The enemy was still gradually arriving in a pattern just as piecemeal as their attacks, swelling their ranks to even greater absurdity; their Super Star Destroyers alone almost outnumbered the entire initial escort force the Maw had committed for Gehinnom's defense. Then there were battlecruisers, carriers, destroyers, artillery ships, and enough frigates and corvettes to block out the sun. The CIS had assembled a task force to rival the ambush the ancient Galactic Empire had sprung at Endor, demonstrating the power of ruling a full third of the galaxy. If and when they finally managed a coordinated assault, well...

The pirates would be greatly needed just to buy a few minutes' survival.

"Welcome to you, Lord of the Maelstrom," Tu'teggacha transmitted in reply. "Tens of thousands of captives have already been loaded, and we have begun sending up double loads of slaves from the port." The Taskmaster hadn't actually ordered that change - it had been Ignatius Rausgeber Ignatius Rausgeber 's innovation - but he was more than willing to take credit for its benefits. "Soon Port Sorrow will be empty, and you will have your share of the spoils." Indeed, the Holy City of Gehinnom was teeming with slaves... and that was after fearsome Dakrul Dakrul 's vile ritual. There would be plenty more fodder for his wicked work.

Initially, only the battle group led by Westenra Mina Westenra Mina and Laertia Io Laertia Io made any real impact on the Maw's orbital force. Though the Nuetralizers were skilled pilots, Tu'teggacha was confident that sheer numbers would eventually bring them down unless they received heavy support from other CIS craft, especially after Thornwaves from Kyber's pirate fleet joined the fighter screen. They were flying through a true forest of Mawite craft, and sooner or later all of them would strike a branch. The branch being concentrated laserfire and concussion missiles, Tu'teggacha reflected, clarifying the metaphor in his head.

The larger problem was the strange Leviathan, a ship that his bridge officers secretly thought somewhat resembled Tu'teggacha's own head. Its continual barrage of energy torpedoes and pulse cannon fire was ripping apart the Nightmare Eternal's shields, then piercing them and shredding upper bulkheads and gun batteries. Concentrated Star Destroyer fire had already cleared half of the enemy frigates, but the remaining five had collectively opened up on the Forge of Laments, piercing its shields as well... though the damage caused by the smaller ships was lighter. So far, anyway. It would continue to mount unless dealt with.

That left Tu'teggacha with a difficult command decision: stick to his initial strategy, or attempt to adapt. Of course, with the Leviathan coming closer, he might be able to do both. "Continue to concentrate fire on the enemy frigates," the Taskmaster ordered. "With the added firepower of Kyber's vessels, we should be able to annihilate the rest of them in even less time. As for the Leviathan... prepare the Kitiakira." A rousing war chant accompanied those words. The Ebruchi had just authorized the Mawites' favorite kind of spaceborne warfare: boarding an enemy vessel.

Across all four Star Destroyers, Kitiakira warbands - the savage Brotherhood version of ship-to-ship marines - assembled in the hangar bays, braying for blood. They boarded hundreds of breaching pods, each of them carrying a six-man squad armed to the teeth with the kind of weapons that were messy and deadly in a starship's narrow halls: lightning cannons, electro-axes, radiation grenades. They had never boarded anything as strange as the Leviathan... which only made them more eager to try it. The boarding pods shot out of the hangars like rounds from a mass driver, intending to slam into the bio-ship's flesh.

Many of them might be intercepted, but there would be many more.

Tu'teggacha was deeply attuned to the Force, but he lacked the darksight wielded by the Sorcerers of Rhand, the visions of oncoming destruction that guided their philosophy... and indeed had predicted this very battle long before it had begun. He could not foresee the arrival of Isabella Pavan Isabella Pavan and her Final Dawn relief force, if indeed even they would be enough to help against such long odds; all such plans were in the hands of the Dark Voice. But he could physically see the 1st Task Force as they made their microjump, closing in to get around the bulk of Gehinnom that had blocked their long-range fire.

The Mawite forces made no attempt whatsoever to prevent the CIS transports from reaching the ground. Let them overrun Port Sorrow; the loading was nearly complete, and when it was, all the slaves the Confederates had come to rescue would be loaded up to Gehinnom. They would not dare shoot at the Holy City then, and if the bulk of their fleet stayed at a distance, there was nothing they could do to keep the station from departing with a hold full to bursting with captives. The enemy Grievous-class Star Destroyers would be a problem at closer range; their depleted uranium shells were powerful ordnance.

Soon, no Mawite star destroyer was undamaged... but they stuck to the plan. They could turn to face this new threat once the Leviathan was boarded and its frigate escorts were wiped out. In the meantime, Kryll taunted the enemy again. Tu'teggacha rolled his glossy eyes. The man was a classic example of a bored Marauder, eager for blood and glory but kept out of the action by his position aboard Gehinnom. "We are nearly finished with the loading," the Taskmaster replied. "Perhaps you'll get your battle another day, Kryll; the CIS is holding back, and that is our opportunity to escape with our living cargo."

Turning to his bridge officers - several of whom were cowering under their stations as energy torpedoes and uranium shells continued to slam into the Nightmare Eternal's shields and armor, slowly wearing the star destroyer down - Tu'teggacha gave his next order. "Warm up the Holy City's path engines. As soon as the last of the slaves are loaded, we will depart from this place. They will be left with nothing but a ravaged port and a barren world, their rescue utterly failed. It seems we need not even repel boarders." Was this what the Dark Voice had planned all along? Had he foreseen the CIS's hesitation?

The Taskmaster did not know... but he was eager to escape with his own hide intact.

Gehinnom, the Holy CityOrbiting, Receiving Slaves, Preparing Path Engines
Nightmare Eternal, a Praetorian-class DestroyerAttacking Sarka Frigates, Moderate Damage
Forge of Laments, a Praetorian-class DestroyerAttacking Sarka Frigates, Minor Damage
Gnashing Teeth, a Crucifix I-class DestroyerAttacking Sarka Frigates, Minor Damage
Mournfang, a Crucifix I-class DestroyerAttacking Sarka Frigates, Minor Damage

Last edited:
Lady Ingrid L’lerim Ragal Terassi Vandiir
Eternal Empress of the Eternal Empire, Lord Commander of the Wardens of the Shroud, Leader of the Dawn of Hope
The Red Witch, The Night Queen, Lady Stuztala, Head of the House L’lerim, CEO of the HPI Consortium, Archon of the Primyn Group
port-sorrow.png
Objective I.: Rescue the slaves
Equipment: Kiss of the Red Witch | 2x Sigra vibroblade | 2x Striith vibrosword | The Soulsabers | Heilagr MK. I Assassin Armour | Viper Mk. I Skinsuit | The Last Gift || Empyrean gland | OPBC-01m
Writing With: Corin Autem Corin Autem | Kahne Porte Kahne Porte (planned)
dRUm20K.png
[ Primo Victoria ]
<"High Nelvaanian"> | ~ telepathic communication ~

Ingrid couldn't hear her again when the major called after her. She moved quickly, unnoticed, also using it several times to slip into the Netherworld and come back much farther. For her, it was all completely natural by now; yet, barely a decade ago, nothing had been understood of the mysteries of the Force. She was there in less than five minutes at the coordinates. Now was the time to map the place, again, and gain real-time pictures.

~ Cal, send the satellite to position! ~ she sent a message on the communication channel to the commander of the ENS Crimson Empress.

Moments later, the man indicated that the satellite was in orbit. A smooth, simple communications satellite that can take high-quality images of the surface. The woman had access to this data through MANIAC, so she had an external map of the place very soon, the most important thing in this was that she received fresh, up-to-date pictures. Until that happened, she also looked around the surrounding warehouses and buildings, again; she checked the explosives. Of course, wherever she could go inside, she installed explosives in the last few days.

The next quarter of an hour passed with this, and then when her soldiers arrived, she went there to the given coordinates, in such a way that they could see her, but not the enemy. Then she spoke:

<"In the middle of the quarter, the building that looks like a company building is where there are slaves. The majority in underground cells. Thus, the Maw guard should be deceived from this building. I’ve installed bombs in the last few days, but too many explosions will encourage them to stay at the building. However, the explosions are necessary to destroy the shield and security system. Create an opportunity for me to bring the prisoners out."> she said.

YbCOyAa.png

nBtOGGm.gif

port-sorrow.png

Allies: CIS
Enemies: Maw and slaver scum
Tags: Kristyl Arenais
Objective: Heading down to the surface
Equipment: Armourweave
Things were getting busy on the ground, the dropship had taken a new course on route to where Kristyl was suppose to be. There were people attempting to hail the ship to get back on course but Dreidi kept hanging up to ensure that they were not distracted. Reaching the location, Dreidi looked at the other soldiers, "Good luck on your mission, you don't need to come with me. I know that my niece is with other soldiers and sure they will look out for her till I arrive so best that you guys get to location and get your job done." Dreidi was already holding her Lightsaber in a firm grip, the idea of potentially losing her niece had burned away the anxieties and worries she had about being in combat and there was some respect in the air given to Dreidi for the change. Normally she would be too nervous to think about what to do or where to go but right now, there was a burning singular focus in her mind. Get Kristyl off-world.

"Understood, we appreciate that you have something else more important to attend to, too bad we can't see you in battle. Perhaps next time." The commander stated before Dreidi jumped out of the ship and waved them off as they went back to their original post. Dreidi worried a little about the trouble they may face due to Dreidi sending them away from their post but she couldn't think on it too much. She had to get her way to wherever Kristyl was now. Igniting the dark orange saber, Dreidi looked around to ensure that she wasn't in any danger as she moved around. It was still a war going on right now but she was feeling certain that this far back would be a little safer than if she was on the frontlines of the battle.

As she moved, Dreidi spotted several people moving around, in groups and such but she couldn't really make out what was going on. The war was a lot messier than she had thought it would be, chaos seemed to rule in the current situation and there was a lot going on all over the place. Dreidi wasn't sure if she would be able to find Kristyl with her just looking around. "Kristyl! Answer me! Kristyl, where are you?!" Dreidi shouted out as she moved around, "Kristyl Arenais! You are in so much trouble when I find you!!" Dreidi shouted, she had to be careful not to scream, she didn't want to trigger a Force Scream by mistake in searching for Kristyl.

Just had to find Kristyl and make sure she was safe for the duration of the mission. Perhaps show her why following Dreidi everywhere even when Dreidi stated it was dangerous was a bad thing. Dreidi sighed deeply, this was a clear warning to not have children. Dreidi would remember this moving forward.​

Mother. Darth Xiphos heard technopathically from The Leviathan's A.I. One of my legs has sustained damage. Some of the laser cannons got knocked out by return fire. Three Solar Ionization Cannons down. Maw Fighter reinforcements increasing.

Status of the Space Station?
Xiphos asked mentally.

Scans indicate Path Engines are being brought online. They're close to loading all the slaves. The Leviathan A.I. answered.

Xiphos sat in her command chair.

She had a choice to make. One she didn't like. But war was a nasty thing, and people die in it all the time.

Her assessment of the situation was the same as that of Tu'teggacha Tu'teggacha : The CIS had dithered about, afraid to hurt the slaves to hurt the Maw.

But Xiphos remembered Csilla, remembered the price of their hesitance.

The Maw could not be allowed it's slave Force. And that Space Station was a priority target no matter who was aboard.

Course Correction. Halt, then turn main guns on the station and it's space elevator. Pour continuous fire on the station and prepare to fire primary weapon. We're going to damage or destroy that station even if it means killing every last slave. Tell the frigates on the Surface to start firing their guns at the space elevator and anything that looks like it could transport slaves. Full collateral damage is permissable.

Your decision will kill thousands of slaves.
The Leviathan pointed out.

They're already dead at the Maw's hands. Better to die quick then suffer the varying sadism of these blasphemers.

Understood.
The Leviathan confirmed.

Alarms rang out.

They are deploying boarding craft.

Xiphos, enraged they would even dare to presume boarding her ship, immediately ordered her remaining frigates to start firing their guns at the boarding craft. The Nuetralizer TIE's pulled back from battle slightly with a few squadrons, mass swarms of the little guys engaging the boarding craft, the laser cannons on the Leviathan's legs as it slowed down targeting the boarding craft coming at it at high speed.

Hundreds were destroyed trying to reach the Leviathan. But five managed to impact against it, and it's onboard security force of Nuetralizers as well as ship crew designated for security reasons rushed to the impact points. The boarders might have been armed to the teeth,but they were up against a foe designed specifically to fight The Bryn'adul as savagely as possible. As ruthless as the boarders no doubt were, The Model 1's and 2's were savage themselves, and had not the weaknesses of flesh.

This would be the boarders first real encounter with The Nuetralizers on an infantry level. Only two prototypes had been deployed in this manner at Csilla (At that point in time, Xiphos had been struggling to replenish her forces). One, Hadrian, her "Firstborn Son" had absolutely demolished Maw Security on the PK-1 Mercy, the one deployed on the ground, Miranda, had barely been slowed.

As the boarders came aboard at their varying entry points, two close to the Hangars, three boarding pods impacting in what appeared to be a strange, gothic looking crew section they were immediately engaged by Model 1 Commandos armed with Mandalorian Assault rifles and DC-15S Carbines as they came out.

"If we'd known you were coming we'd have made Sandwiches!" One of the Droids taunted, cackling as he fired his wrist mounted Cryo Laser at one.

But these guys were good. Whoever they were, and things got serious as one Nuetralizer got his head blown off. Vengeance entered the minds of the fallen Droids brothers.

"OH NO...NOT ME...WE NEVEEERRRR LOST CONTROL... YOU'RE FACE...TO FAAAACE...WITH THE DROIDS WHO SAVED A WORRRRRLLLD..." They sang as relentless amounts of fire and Sonic grenades were sent in the direction of the extremely tough boarding crews, who surprised the Model 1's. But they were immediately picking up on the boarders tactics, noting how adept they were at evading even the relentless amounts of return fire...the defenders had a major advantage however, due to the unusual design if the craft, the Boarders had not ended up where they thought they might on a typical ship of this size. They had hoped to hit engineering. That wasn't going to happen...

Meanwhile, the Leviathan itself began firing relentlessly on the Station and the Space Elevator, sustaining multiple hits from the Star Destroyers trying to defend it. Xiphos clearly intended to do as much damage as possible no matter how many slaves were killed in the process. Much of the fire was directed at the relatively fragile elevator with energy torpedoes, the laser cannons on its legs along with TIE's shooting down Maw fighters by the dozens. The Pulse and remaining Solar Ionization Cannons were directed at the Station itself.

Xiphos however, did not entirely ignore the Destroyers. Multiple Ion Pulse Missiles were launched towards all of them, and the Frigates concentrated all their composite beam laser cannon on the Praetorian Destroyer in the defending battle group, though they sustained further damage themselves in the process...

Last edited:

Vesta

V

Objective: Let the past go
Allies: Maw
Enemies: CIS | Quinn Varanin Quinn Varanin

She tensed at that reminder, that she'd let someone so far beneath the walls she'd built for herself, and felt her lips curl in disgust at the memory - icy cold chills running along the surface of her skin where she could still feel those wandering hands, searching for something that they'd eventually take from her. She didn't have words for that, the reminder far more cruel than the girl knew, but that didn't mean much to Quinn. The proverbial dagger she carried was just pushed further in as she carried on, like she had been the one who was hurt - like she didn't understand what had happened.

It just showed her how little she'd known her.

Her breath escaped from her lips in a mixture of a gasp and a silent laugh - like a coward? The girl knew what her fears had been, she'd been free to know everything about her, and from all of that she surmised that the Shi'ido's disappearance had been out of cowardice? She staggered back half a step, as if she'd been physically struck across the face by the weight of those words, and her frown warped into a grimace. The cutting words, the look of pain etched into her face, and the villainous role she was being placed in yet again - she'd seen that look before, felt the pressure of those words, and made herself into a monster for so many others before.

It was jarring to find herself in that position again, with her.

She didn't know when her mouth had moved, but she found herself realizing it was agape at the close of the girl's vitriolic diatribe; like she hadn't seen her smiling and enjoying herself at her twin's petty attempt at a party on Eshan. Not that Quinn had recognized her then, when she had actually ran away, and she doubted that she would've realized it was her if she hadn't given herself away when she'd appeared. Her head tilted to the side, eyes widening at first and then narrowing as she understood what was being said and done here - as she felt the pressure behind them built.

"Nothing to me?" She repeated after she recovered from the silence that followed Quinn's words, sputtering. "I would have killed you when I held a knife behind your back if you had been nothing to me." Vesta said, raising her voice as she struggled to keep her temper in check. Confusion crossed her face as hurt reached her eyes, but she shut them both down and took control of the emotions that rose up inside of her to prevent them from being used against her. "Everything revolves around you in your pretty little head, there wasn't ever even room for me with you." She seethed, the muscles in her jaw tensing with the flash of anger that leaked into her words. "Am I supposed to love someone who only loves themselves?"

"I disappear and her first instinct is to believe that I left, not to look for me, not to try to justify it - to leave me behind like I had never cared in the first place."

"Well I don't care - not anymore. Not about you, not about anyone else either; and not about me, too."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom