Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Mawite Kitiakira Warband

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mawite.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a Marine infantry unit for the Brotherhood
  • Image Credit: Screenshot from here, featuring GW content, photoshopped by me.
  • Role: Marines
  • Permissions: NA
  • Links: NA
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Unit Name: Mawite Kitiakira Warband
  • Affiliation: Brotherhood of the Maw
  • Classification: Marine Corps
  • Description: Armored with durasteel armors, these marauders are those who man the boarding parties of the Brotherhood's ships.
COMBAT INFORMATION:
  • Unit Size: Medium
  • Unit Availability: Uncommon
  • Unit Experience: Veteran
  • Equipment:
  • Combat Function: The Mawite Kitiakira warbands are deployed as either starship defense troops or boarding parties.
Strengths:
  • Voidborn Killers. These marauders are trained warriors, born and raised in void cities and space stations. This makes them most adapt in void warfare, shinning when tasked with boarding missions or deck defense.
  • Organized Ranks. A rarity wihtin the Brotherhood's troops, these marauders are well-organized and disciplined, when it comes to functionality. This allows them a tactical advantage during battle, be it their training on tactics and mobility which makes them almost automated when it comes to the time of need.
Weaknesses:
  • Landsick. Being spaceborne, when deployed on ground war, the Kitiakira marauders prove to be landsick, with their performance dropping significantly due to their ill-experience with ground operations.
  • Sitting Ducks. In close quarters and narrow engagements these marauders prove a nightmarish foe to face. However, the more open the battlefield is, the hardest for them to operate. When thrown in open ground, they appear almost incapable to utilize any defenses or propper cover, being an easy prey for aerial strikes and artillery or ranged attacks.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
The Kitiakira Warbands consist of voidborn marauders who have spend most, if not their entire lives onboard spaceships and deep space stations. Being as acustom as it can get with void warfare, these marauders are best in utilizing deck architecture and boarding torpedoes to their advantage, experts in close-quarters warfare. The Kitiakira marauders are the fierce boarding parties and warship defenders of the Heathen Priests' fleet.

Last edited:
:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::
Irratar Hemstagon Irratar Hemstagon

Image credit, while I understand you screen capped it from YouTube, the art itself is not owned by YouTube. Please include a link to the game website. If you cannot find that you’ll need to use another image.

Ping me and I’ll review further.

Irratar Hemstagon Irratar Hemstagon but he is not the original artist is he? The link also tells me it’s WH40K which is why I need you to link the game.

If you have any further questions please consult the image credit guide. When it comes to image credits, requests here aren’t optional. They need to conform or a different image will need to be found with a credit that does.

Tag me when you have made this edit please.

Judah Lesan Judah Lesan he is. He is the animator who created the video models and further art, as part of a massive WH40K fanmade animations, such as Death of Hope, Astartes and Helsreach films per se. If you check opening titles it states this is fanfic and has no rights over the dealt imagery. I could link 40k but in essense, it cannot really be considdered a credit as the Games Workshop (actual firm behind 40k) had nothing to do with the production of the fanfic animation. I would basically ignore the artist's work if id do it like that, thus i sent the video, as a credit to the real creator of the art.

GW allows artists to produce fanfic animations and books just like Lucasarts used to do (iirc disney stopped this now), with multiple people creating content and the actual firm picking their favourites to make it official game or lore thing.

The specific vid is not one of them, thus the credit, to my eyes, belongs to the real maker, not the inspiration. Its like having a jungle painting credit be "Amazon forest". So lng they diidnt partake in the production, it is bit unfair to claim them as creators.

With this said, if you feel it will be better to throw GW tag, i can. I understand the reasoning behind crediting so I feel it is the Judges' affair on how this should go.

Irratar Hemstagon Irratar Hemstagon

As I stared above, the rules here on image credits are not optional. If the art is attached to the Warhammer universe in anyway, fanfic or not, the credit needs to link back to the game. Furthermore, a quick google search produces this from the Warhammer 40K wiki. This means The Death Corps of Krieg, are not his original idea, and this art is simply his spin off this, in an animation he made.

It is appropriate to credit his work, but since the Death Corps of Krieg are not his intellectual or copyrighted property the credit to WH40K needs to be added to this submission.

Again, this not a request. This is a requirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom