Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Cadwell's Gold | Modified Maka-Eekai L4000 Transport

Status
Not open for further replies.
rapscallion.png
OIP.CHx_26sPy0VlGiG7tvu3OgHaFS
OIP.QER89eImcyEcEUqwUgaj0wHaHE
OIP.uGXg1elNqL4S_VL0kO9MpAHaG1
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
STANDARD FEATURES
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
STRENGTHS
  • This ship is versatile in ship roles. It can act as a light freighter, transport, bounty hunter ship, police craft, etc.
  • This light transport handles like a light freighter despite being about twice the size, with speed, maneuverability, arms, and defense to rival most.
WEAKNESSES
  • The gun bays and gun boom require a dedicated gunner to operate and cannot be operated by the pilot.
  • The cockpit viewport only allows the pilot to see forward, to the sides, and down. An upward view is completely blocked and a potential blind spot without the use of sensors.
  • The very back where the tops of the engines are exposed is a particularly vulnerable spot, considering none of the ship's weapons can reach there to defend it properly.
DESCRIPTION
  • Cadwell's Gold was originally used as a space lab. It was actually the lab where strandcast clone Django Parata was "born." The ship was raided and confiscated by RTL authorities for criminal activity. Later, Django Parata purchased the ship and commissioned Force-Tech to upgrade and modify it to basically be a police cruiser.

Last edited:
We have two issues.

• 50m [Base: 0 | Very Low: 0 | Low: 0 | Average: 0 | High: 0 | Very High: 0 | Extreme: 0 ]
    Hangar Space
    : Base: 0
  • Hangar Allocations: None
There is no point difference...at all, anywhere here. You will not get three ratings due to this and I request this to be redone at its length. If you wish for my advice, make it 50 meters and use the starfighter template to get the Squadron Rating at none to get your three ratings. Otherwise, this will need to be redone.

WEAKNESSES
  • This ship needs 8 hours of regular maintenance a months to remain functioning at maximum capacity.
  • If Ion/EMP damage manages to bypass the ship's defenses, there's the potential to shut some or many of the ship's systems down.
  • Though extremely difficult, it is possible to slice into the ship's systems.
Every weakness here is either fluff or some form of "It can be but very hard" kind of talk.

Ship needing eight hours of maintence a month, a starship at all is a dream. This is not a weakness that applies in combat.
If Ion/EMP damage bypasses ships defenses...it can shut down ship systems. That is what Ion/EMP already does, this does not change anything other than stating what can already happen regardless.
While extremely difficult, you can slice into the ship systems. It is a nice way to say "It is near impossible but there is a chance", that is not a weakness, that is a strength.

I am requesting you redo your weaknesses here and come up with viable, pvp related weaknesses or something drastic that makes sense for a starship such as this.

Let me know when this is fixed.
Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher

There is no point difference...at all, anywhere here. You will not get three ratings due to this and I request this to be redone at its length. If you wish for my advice, make it 50 meters and use the starfighter template to get the Squadron Rating at none to get your three ratings. Otherwise, this will need to be redone.
This honestly makes no sense. I know you didn't make the rule on that, I'm just saying lol.
But that is the canon size of the ship. Continuity is more important to me than the numbers, so I refuse to change that. I lowered the Very Highs to just High to compensate. I can be content with that.
I just put N/A on Hanger Allocation, since it doesn't even apply at all.
Every weakness here is either fluff or some form of "It can be but very hard" kind of talk.

Ship needing eight hours of maintence a month, a starship at all is a dream. This is not a weakness that applies in combat.
If Ion/EMP damage bypasses ships defenses...it can shut down ship systems. That is what Ion/EMP already does, this does not change anything other than stating what can already happen regardless.
While extremely difficult, you can slice into the ship systems. It is a nice way to say "It is near impossible but there is a chance", that is not a weakness, that is a strength.

I am requesting you redo your weaknesses here and come up with viable, pvp related weaknesses or something drastic that makes sense for a starship such as this.
Would this be a decent weakness? So I can get a good idea.
  • Though it handles extremely well compared to ships its size and even light freighters, it is still outclassed by the average dedicated starfighter.
I also removed the part of the weakness where it can exceed the speed and mobility of some light freighters, since both of those parameters have been lowered. It can still match though, so that part is still there.

No that is still a double edged sword weakness. Allow me to give some of my favorite ones and some that can be used here!

Exposed Rear: There are no weapons at the rear of the corvette, making it exposed for starfighter/bombing runs without retaliation.
Sore Thumb Bridge: It is very obvious to see where the bridge is and it has minimal protection, making it easy to target and possibly destroy.
Exposed Boom Structural Beam: When it is down and the shield generator is down, it can easily be damaged and broken off, removing some of its offensive capability!
How Can I See Up?!: The pilot has to rely on sensors to see above the starship as the design of the starship looking upwards is a blind spot.
Steady! Load the Torpedoes!: Due to its unusual structural nature, it takes a bit longer than usual to reload its launched ordinance.
Six Pedals but Four Directions: This starship is not easy to pilot at all, if someone has to take over other than the pilot it was made for in an emergency, they will find it to be next to impossible to learn on the fly.

There are some examples for you, hope that helps!

No that is still a double edged sword weakness. Allow me to give some of my favorite ones and some that can be used here!

Exposed Rear: There are no weapons at the rear of the corvette, making it exposed for starfighter/bombing runs without retaliation.
Sore Thumb Bridge: It is very obvious to see where the bridge is and it has minimal protection, making it easy to target and possibly destroy.
Exposed Boom Structural Beam: When it is down and the shield generator is down, it can easily be damaged and broken off, removing some of its offensive capability!
How Can I See Up?!: The pilot has to rely on sensors to see above the starship as the design of the starship looking upwards is a blind spot.
Steady! Load the Torpedoes!: Due to its unusual structural nature, it takes a bit longer than usual to reload its launched ordinance.
Six Pedals but Four Directions: This starship is not easy to pilot at all, if someone has to take over other than the pilot it was made for in an emergency, they will find it to be next to impossible to learn on the fly.

There are some examples for you, hope that helps!
Reworded two of yours and came up with one of my own. Better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom