Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Durasteel-421A Alloy

Status
Not open for further replies.
maxresdefault_2.gif
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent: To create an incredibly-strong alloy for starship construction
Image Source: N/A
Primary Source: x x

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
Name: Durasteel-421A
Manufacturer: Roble Manufacturing
Affiliation: Closed Market
Production: Mass-Produced
Modularity: No
Material: Doonium, Durasteel [Carvanium, Lommite, Carbon, Meleenium, Neutronium, Zersium], Duralium

PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Classification: Alloy
Weight: Very Heavy
Resistances:
Blasters: Very High
Kinetic: Average
Lightsabers: Average
Ion/EMP: Very High
Sonic: Very Low
Other: Very Low
Color: Metallic Grey

SPECIAL FEATURES

• Durasteel-421A provides a ship with protection from Ion and EMP-based weaponry
Strengths:

• Miss me with that EMP: Unlike most hull materials, Durasteel-421A is created with Ion and EMP technology in mind. The distribution of electrons/neutrons in the alloy allows for anti-Electronic attacks to be absorbed by the alloy, greatly reducing the effects of Ion and EMP weaponry.

• Hard Nut to Crack: Durasteel 421A is resistant to all conventional forms of anti-capital damage, and is resistant to space hazards as well (micrometeors, asteroids, etc.)
Weaknesses:

• Minimum Size: The protective nature of Durasteel 421A makes it extremely heavy, and that means that it is not feasible to be used on small spacecraft such as light freighters, starfighters, or shuttles.

• Wearing Down: Although it is highly resistant, continuous Ion or EMP attacks can wear down Durasteel 421A’s anti-Ion properties.
DESCRIPTION
Durasteel-421A was produced by Roble Manufacturing as a new alloy that would focus on providing protection for ships against EMP and Ion-based attacks. The alloy is a mixture Durasteel, Duralium and Doonium, and it’s protective properties are the result of the alloy’s protons and neutrons being redistributed at the atomic level that repels and absorbs Ion blasts, instead of conducting them. However, Durasteel-421A is expensive to produce and its protective properties can wear down with time and damage.

Runi Verin

Two pounds shy of a bomb.
[member="Alban Roble"]

An alternative to durasteel is always welcome. The concept is good on this material, but it just needs a little work on the execution before I can pass it. For starters, you're actually very high on the ratings (five above balance in fact), so please can you reduce some of these accordingly.

Alban Roble said:
Not Cheap: It costs a fair amount to produce Durasteel-421A, especially in the large amounts that spaceships require. Thus, most ships only implement Durasteel-421A around vital electronic systems and only wealthy factions/major factions can afford to use the alloy in their shipbuilding.
As credits are impossible to quantify on Chaos, I'm afraid this is also not a valid weakness for balancing.

Fix the above and I'll give it another pass.

Runi Verin

Two pounds shy of a bomb.
[member="Alban Roble"]

Alban Roble said:
Material: Doonium, Durasteel [Carvanium, Lommite, Carbon, Meleenium, Neutronium, Zersium], Duralium

Whoop, sorry. I should've requested that you hyperlink these materials. Otherwise I am happy to approve Durasteel 2.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom