Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Invasion Break of Dawn || CIS Invasion of BOTM held Rhand

InvasionRhandNotDeadYet.PNG

Objective: Attend to a little self-care before leaping into another major objective!
Equipment: Ship Armour Scimitar Railgun Carbine Rifle Thermal Detonators BARC Speeder

Ally Tag: CIS

Enemy Tag: BOTM

There is a lot to be said about haphazard fights like the one he just had, Diocletian didn’t care enough to think of them all right now. His COMM systems were jammed and each time he tried to activate it, it screeched back in protest. Even his helmet Commlink is jammed. So, this means he’s running on radio silence, and he needs to read other vessel’s movements very carefully. Any wrong move could rain laser fire on him or he shoots at them first.

This is not exactly what was planned, go in, and destroy the Temple, not end up deep grilled by death lasers. He’s not getting paid enough for this. He’ll be inquiring about that later.

Diocletian had removed his helmet as a cracked visor wasn’t going to aid him in any way. His face is going to bruise though, a lovely black eye, and those lacerations are going to scar horribly too, speaking of, he needs to get them cleaned out and covered up.

Wound maintenance wasn’t a pretty or painless affair. He knows this, he hasn’t forgotten how painful losing an eye felt. His fault really, he goaded Tovald who then hit him with a very sharp stick in retaliation in the face twice, their mother stepped in before they went too far with their behaviour.

Tough kid, that one.

Finally getting the top part of his armour off, Diocletian can assess the damage and deal with it accordingly. No ribs were broken which is a plus however pulling small pieces of debris was quite painful because he had to dig them out. They can be war trophies, bits of Rhand and Temple. Still, they were difficult to remove.

Diocletian didn’t cry out in pain, why would he, he’s never cried before, so why would he start now? Once all the debris was cleared out and the wounds were cleaned thoroughly, the gauze went on after being soaked with Bacta.

Now the main priority is to figure out how to communicate without any Commlinks, even the Holo-Comm is out, the BOTM jammed everything, there is no way to convey anything that would indicate he is a CIS ally. So, he was stuck in space with just his thoughts for company. He had wondered if the others escaped, and they got into space.

Which now left him with three options. 1. He joins the larger fleet, 2. He follows Kyyrk Kyyrk or 3. He leaves the whole Poodoo encrusted debacle altogether. The Ubese weighed all his options, he wanted to just leave but also stay at the same time. So, he took the controls and headed towards where he last saw Kyyrk’s ship. It was a gamble, but where is the fun in not leaping forward into more adventure?

Last edited:

Untitled-1.png

//: Taiia Locke Taiia Locke //:
//: Rhand Surface //:
//:
Glitter & Gold //:
8f5d11cf954f1b08f542b3444f8547c19c505050.png
For being an older craft, it flew like a dream. Allyson credited that to her taking complete control over its engine output along with the drives. It was a lot to concentrate on, but she had to - there was no other way. If she relied on basic flight skills, she would have already crashed or been unable to make it to the atmosphere like she had. The fighter wasn’t as quick as she was used to, but it did the job. She made it do the job.

It was unfortunate that she hadn’t gone undetected. It seemed the fleet for the Maw had begun to try and pick off the fighters that had launched in a counterattack. Allyson found herself in the crossfire - despite peeling away from the squadrons. Cursing under her breath, she pushed harder and harder. An unnatural drive pumped adrenaline through her body. She had to continue; she needed to find her. A hand ripped off the dark eyepatch over her left eye, exposing the dormant cybernetic, her one permanent connection to the Alliance.

The device came to life in her mind, showing the HUD she needed to scan the surface for who she was looking for. Out the viewport, she focused, letting the eye zoom and quickly dart registering the data it was seeing. She hated it, having to already expose so much of her life to the Alliance - Allyson wanted - needed to keep Talia a secret. IVI IVI couldn’t know about her or where the Agent was gallivanting off to when she was off duty.

This was dangerous, and this was why Allyson always kept her distance. But to feel the threat of losing someone before even knowing what could have been drove the Corellian insane. It forced too many dark emotions, memories to the surface - not again. She thought. Not again, could she lose someone to this war of dark and light, good and bad.

When was it enough?

The cycle was the same; the pain was the same. Elimination of those who opposed the Light while annihilating those who do not worship the Dark or Chaos itself.

In the end, only sorrow and Allyson vowed to break the cycle.

TaiiaTop.png

Equipment: Lightsaber | Dae'slin Armor
Enemies: MAW
Objective: Retreat and regroup
TAGS:
Srina Talon Srina Talon Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean Diocletian Kahmen’’a Diocletian Kahmen’’a Ignatius Rausgeber Ignatius Rausgeber Allyson Locke Allyson Locke Ket Cros Ket Cros

The danger she remembered of a distracted mind the Nightmother warned her is that you have no idea where you will end up, strong emotions can also impact where the teleport takes you. What is worse, doing so without preparing properly was inordinately taxing on the body, though the trip was almost instant the distance, the speed at which the target was moving it was a violent landing, wherever she landed was cramped yet soft, the fatigue was already overwhelming her and she put a hand to her head.

"Oh, that's not good." she felt ill like she had used every bit of strength from within herself because she probably did. She fell backward and hit her head on glass it took a minute for her to process. Glass? She had to blink a few times to make her eyes focus on what was in front of her and to her shock it was Allyson.

"Allyson, what are you doing here?" she said rather wearily and withdrew the hand from her forehead as the throbbing began to subside allowing Allyson to see the gash along her brow and the blood flowing out of it still. She finally took a moment to look around, she was in a cockpit of a small fighter. More accurately she was seated clearly in Allyson's lap in a small fighter she would have been embarrassed if she hadn't just expended all her force power.

But ever curious she saw something that caught her eye, a glow in one of Allyson's eyes. Her curiosity piqued she leaned up to get a closer look and tilted her head slightly. Her lips were tantalizingly close to Allyson's "A cybernetic eye didn't know you had one of those." she reached up and laid a hand on her cheek as she inspected it before falling back again.

"I'm afraid I used way too much power, I'm fine but, make sure Exarch Talon is safe. Please, Allyson." that was about all she was going to get out of the redhead, for now, she laid her head on her shoulder and drifted off.

OOC Note: This is Taiia's exit from the thread

Dimitri Voltura

D

voltura2.png

Mitridiv.png

D3533-FD2-B75-E-4610-969-F-FB2-C49703064.gif

ALLIES: Halketh Halketh | BOTM | NSO
ENEMIES: CIS
and Co.
ENGAGING: Oleander Webb Oleander Webb
GEAR: In Bio.

The bell tolled.

It rang in Dimitri's sensitive ears, heralding a shift in the tide. So much innocent blood spilled this day in a mad grab for power. In a show of unnecessary force. Desperation and anger spread like wildfire within his being, turning soft, dark eyes blood red as the doors were thrown wide open for the Bogan to enter in all its wondrous glory.

And the doors linking to his only redemption slammed shut. The line to Eenia Vahn Eenia Vahn all but severed.

And then destruction reigned.

Thunder sounded as ordnance struck the great battlecruiser defences. The immense impact threw his sightless host squarely into the transparisteel in front of them and if Dimitri hadn’t instinctively thrust his hands forward, his own face would have connected the viewport. As it was, his shoulder slammed into it with violence.

"Brace for impact."
The Dragon grimaced as he removed his shoulder from where it was almost fractured against the window.
“Bit late for that command to come through.” he said as he regained his footing.
"They've destroyed the hangar," his head turned in Dimitri's direction, "after we fire, we will retreat. You are with me, now, I assume your decision has been made. Once we return to Exegol, we will meet with The Dark Voice. Until then, however," He padded forward almost mechanically and returned to his seat before the window, "we remain."
Dimitri's jaw clenched. "You claim I can be at peace among you and yours? Accepted for what I am?" he then asked as he headed over to his seat as well. "Then I am with you. I will serve a hypocritical, false diplomacy no longer." he then added, sitting down, shoulder throbbing briefly as his regenerative nature got to work healing the injury. If he hadn't been wearing armour, he surely would have broken something.
"Their vaunted acts of heroism are meaningless, and the galaxy will hear of this hypocrisy, as much is certain." He leaned forward to pluck a handkerchief from the tray that resided on the floor, now, and slowly began to wind it around his wounded hand, "I've never cared for the subjugation of peoples, an act my own people endured, more or less until The Hungerer consumed our world. I condemn it, but even more than that, do I condemn the careless slaughter of innocent peoples."
"Then why support a nation that approves said subjugation? What makes them any better than the one I had formed part of not too long ago?" he asked sincerely, no hint of pointedness or bias. In the end, he had served far too many empires and nations. They were all the same to him - all vying for power in different ways. He ever the freedom fighter.

They were interrupted by the Zabrak once more, but his host's off hand tone and once worded order over the comms silenced her quickly enough. Silenced all on Rhand.

The gong sounded for Confederate forces.

Kezec spoke some more, but there was something else that had grabbed Dimitri's attention. He held up a respectable silencing hand as he leaned forward in his seat.
"Death hearkens this way." he stated finally, faintly recognising the Presence of one of the Obsidian Knights he had been around of once or twice in the past. "Probably intent on stopping you."
The Dragon rose to his feet. "He just entered the confines of the ship. Allow me the courtesy of expelling him on your behalf?"
He knew the Vulture was more than capable of dealing with the threat. He had been sitting in the presence of his Power long enough now to realise it beyond a doubt. But not for the first time since setting foot on this ship, did he wish that Halketh had rather met him in full armour rather than so perceptually unprotected. The one that had just infiltrated the ship was, after all, also a predator like Dimitri.

And with that the Dragon took flight.

Standing at the open doors to the parlour, he mentally reached through the Force.
<What seek you on this ship, Knight Webb?> he asked simply through the mental communication the Knights Obsidian so favoured. He would not delve into details of his own presence on the ship. The Knight would soon realise it for himself if he decided to follow the mental link. Dimitri on the other hand, unclipped the crimson saber hilt from his belt, ready to be used.

Another predator lying in wait.

Mitridiv.png

over.png

"The thing is, Vyse," Zlova said as the Allegiance lifted off with Kyrrk at the helm, "most Sith become fixated on becoming the strongest and cruelest. More power. More death. But to what end? How can life grow stronger through conflict if all that results in the end is the destruction of life itself? The very last Sith will have the satisfaction of knowing they were the last living thing alive... and then die. And no one will be left to care."

"Me?" The Twi'lek turned in her seat to gaze out a window. "I don't need to be the most powerful. I don't need to blow up a planet to make a point. What I do is collect energy in reservoirs throughout the galaxy. Not quite a nexus, and certainly not a wound, but a high concentration of Force energy with my personal signature in it. One I can call upon when the need arises."

Her golden eyes turned back to Vyse as Kyyrk's voice came over the intercom. "That's not today. It might be tomorrow. The Maw might be destroying the planet, but I doubt they've stopped to wonder at what cost." After she stood, Zlova smiled for a moment. "Let's go see what urgent request they have for us now. It can't be save the world. The Maw's spent their load doing everything possible to show they have no interest in making the galaxy a better place -- not to a sane person, anyway."

When they arrived at the cockpit, Kyyrk filled them in on the new objective. Hunt someone down in the middle of a war zone. The Battle Meditation would help find that particular needle in a cosmic haystack. "Comm Officer. Got it." Because that's the role Zlova rolled out of bed that morning to fill. She spared Vyse a wink before a short step took her over to a panel to patch in.

"This is Obisidian Zlova Rue for Vicelord Corvinus. We've received orders to pursue Laertia Io, and we are requesting confirmation of these orders."
Nice, clean, professional. "And a reason would be nice. Over." Did Zlova mention she wasn't a Jedi lately? She'd wave a red blade in front of the Vicelord later in case they wondered where the sass while under a Battle Meditation came from.

At least she'd used the latest and fanciest of encryption to avoid being overheard. Nothing was worse than your quarry knowing you were coming. They knew someone was coming, and knowing the prey was panicked not knowing who or where they'd come from was so soothing.

Engaged: Kyyrk Kyyrk | Vyse de Valorous Vyse de Valorous | Daegon Corvinus Daegon Corvinus
Informed: Laertia Io Laertia Io | Diocletian Kahmen’’a Diocletian Kahmen’’a

ChVAW7n.png

New_Sith_Order_Banner_Final.png

Objective: Operation Cinder
Affiliation: Brotherhood of the Maw
Allies: Darth Senthral Darth Senthral Tegan Starfall Tegan Starfall The Mongrel The Mongrel Zachariel Steelblood Zachariel Steelblood Halketh Halketh Maestus Maestus Darth Solipsis Darth Solipsis
Engaging: Jhira Mereel Jhira Mereel
Ship: The Wandering Pilgrim
Droid: 77-B

It was lucky for her that he had patience; not many Sith had. He didn't time how long he was standing there, but the Pilgrim had progressed in its trajectory, making its way towards the Paraedo Mundus: the ship of Maestus Maestus of which they would board. The droid, 77-B, piloted the ship alongside Darth Senthral Darth Senthral , and had reached out to the Battlecruiser through a signal to acquire permission - and acknowledgement - to dock. But in the meantime, Darth Tennacus had other intentions to feed interest into, but only when the girl stirred at last with a sense of regained consciousness could he enact on such things. He towered over her with a pause, grey hues narrowed as he reached out to the Force to gain a sense of understanding about her mentality. Not everyone would regain consciousness so steadily; perhaps he had ignited something within her.

“I am Jhira Mereel. I have posted bond with the Merchant Captain’s guild. May I know who has captured me?”

"Of course." There was another pause. "But perhaps you already know that - don't you? What does the Force tell you?"

It wasn't a question he expected her to answer, but it wasn't one he waited around to hear, either. The Sith turned to pull a chair across the cargo bay, mounting it where he once stood, and now seated. There was another pause between them before he said:

"How are you feeling? I thought you might perish under all that rubble, not to mention the weight of the Dark Side." Tennacus shifted in his chair, sitting upright. "But you didn't. Even when unconscious, your will to carry on kept you alive. But I would not deem it reasonable to consider yourself lucky - let alone comfortable. Someone is out to hurt you."

If she looked to her right, she would have seen it. One of Darth Senthral Darth Senthral 's Loth Wolves was within the accompanying cage, hair erected along its spine, with lips curled up over its teeth as its snout squeezed between the bars. Luckily for her, they were too narrow for it to get through any further; but its yellow gaze was unwavering.

"I'm not sure if my Apprentice has given it a name. Maybe it doesn't need one; it's not exactly something he keeps to adore. You're lucky, however, that it wasn't him who sought you out; for you'd be on the other side of those bars along with it. Killed his own brother, once. Imagine what he'd do to you."

The Loth beast retreated slowly, mostly due to Tennacus reaching out to the Force to encourage its movements. It circled itself in the cage, then sat down on its hind legs, staring through the bars towards her.

Tennacus had her Beskad at his side, but he soon laid it across his lap, running his gloved fingers along its edges.

"A fine weapon you have here. A lot of people would pay a generous sum for such a thing; I've seen base materials go for ridiculous amounts." Tennacus left the weapon on his lap, turning his eyes back to her. "Tell me: what is a girl like you trying to do running around with a weapon like this, in a temple like that? Did you believe you were all just going to fight your way through and emerge victorious? Your friends are likely dead; I felt one of them release their life force, but I'm not certain of the others. But if they are alive, I do not admire your loyalty to them. In the sight of threat, they fled without considering your wellbeing, leaving you to fend for yourself. Fled, when you were all here to invade. What does that tell you about their capabilities of power? What does that tell you about their values, in accordance to our own?"

VmWBNB2.png

The tunnel wound deeper and deeper through the earth, the air thinning as the Dark Lord moved further away from the fissure that bore him down into the depths. There was a frigid chill that swept through the catacombs, so sharp it cut through heavy fabric down to the bone. This proved no danger to He who had mastered the power of the Dark Side, its strength keeping him from freezing or losing His breath while in the darkness.

An eerie ethereal light suddenly illuminated the path ahead, the tunnel widening until it abruptly ended and opened up into a massive subterranean gorge. The distant cliff walls were coated in bioluminescent lichen, specifically evolved to survive in such hostile conditions. A wide array of decrepit buildings covered the canyon floor, each one stranger than the last. At the center of the mysterious city sat a massive temple surrounded by pyramidal spires, the strange light emanating from the center structure.

Carnifex slowly made His way towards the temple, taking great care to traverse the ancient city without injury. Occasionally, the roof of the cavern would shake and groan as the battle violently raged on the surface. Columns of dust and debris would make their way down into the city, disturbing the once untouched tranquility that had remained the status quo for tens of thousands of years. Few documents in existence made mention of the ancient city, the name of which had been lost to the sands of time, and Carnifex had taken great pains to acquire what remained.

But now He stood before its grandeur, and He could sense that the prize he sought was within His grasp. He made His way down the long empty boulevards, the incomprehensible massive thoroughfares which once bustled with strange and incoherent life. Nothing remained, not even the scavengers of flesh which often infested the ruins of civilizations. Only the dusted bones of those who once lived within the city's boundaries remained, that and the ubiquitous lichen that glowed an eerie teal.

The temple's gates loomed before Him, one of the doors listing wrongly to the side as one of its hinges had been broken. Without any reverence, the Dark Lord tore aside the gate with a flick of His wrist. The massive doors clattered to the ground, the only sound besides the braying cataclysm many miles above to grace the deathless city. He walked inside, the dark flames illuminating the antechamber and subsequent main hall that awaited him.

Inside there was very little to draw His attention, long discarded instruments and ritualistic fetishes that held no intrinsic value for the Dark Lord. He was after a greater prize, whispered only in the most esoteric of legends. Beyond the great hall was a laboratory thrown entirely into disarray, several stone pens jutting out from one of the walls that once held living creatures. Whatever remained of those creatures were strewn about the floor, cobwebbed bones and scraps of clothing.

Carnifex passed them without a glance, marching up to one of the stone counters that jutted from the wall. Sitting quietly on the table was a large jar capped with unrecognizable mechanical instruments, the opaque glass colored a light blue. Inside was what appeared to be a large misshapen brain, heavily wrinkled and slightly pulsating in a rhythm not too dissimilar from the beat of a heart. It was a curious discovery, but it was not what He had come for.

He passed it by.

When a voice, a mechanical dirge garbled by static, spoke to Him.

- You have come for it, have you not? -

Carnifex stopped in His tracks and turned to face the source of the voice. All that He could see was the brain in the jar and He narrowed His eyes, now walking towards the jar with renewed curiosity. He gently pressed His hand against the glass, feeling the lingering life that resided within.

"I seek the tome, yes."

- I have observed the passage of countless millennia since my entombment, immobile but vigilant. In all of those thousands upon thousands of years, none living has intruded upon the kingdom of the dead. Not until you. There existed only two treasures that the living could seek here, the tome you speak of... and me. -

"I knew not that you existed until now, there exist no records that make mention of a brain trapped within a jar." He had not expected to come across a second treasure, as the brain so eloquently put it, but now His curiosity had been sufficiently piqued. "Do you have a name?"

- In the age of the Boundless Ones I was known as Yv'ouvh'draxr the Blind, and for incalculable eons, I unlocked the secrets of flesh and bone. Now I am simply known as Yv. -

"How can you speak to me, Yv?" posited the Dark Lord, "The language I speak would not be known to you."

- The technology surrounding my prison is advanced, far more advanced than you may know. It scanned your brain waves and is translating my voice into something you can comprehend. -

"Impressive. Most impressive." Another quake rumbled through the cavern, causing the dust around them to violently displace as discarded items clattered to the floor. "A war rages above you, Yv, it will reduce this city to nothing soon. If you tell me where the tome I seek is kept, I will liberate you from this tomb."

Yv contemplated the offer for half a minute, the tremors growing more frequent and more violent.

- Very well, I accept your offer. The key to unlocking the tome is a sequence of pressure pads within this very room, I can lead you to them. -

Over the next few seconds, Yv guided Carnifex to each of the pressure plates, which He activated in short order. The result was a small alcove popping open near Yv's container, which upon fully opening contained the tome. Carnifex gently lifted the tome from its resting place and slipped it inside of a leather container that He had brought for this purpose. Once that was done, Carnifex slipped one arm around Yv's container and lifted up His left hand to reveal a dark metal gauntlet inscribed with Sith runes.

The air before them shimmered and split down the middle, revealing a fiery portal leading into a hellish dimension known as the Netherworld. Without a word, Carnifex and Yv slipped through the portal and disappeared right as the cavern collapsed in on itself.

All of the ancient city was buried beneath thousands of tons of rubble and ruin, truly lost forever.

Last edited:

Untitled-1.png

//: Taiia Locke Taiia Locke //: John Locke John Locke //:
//: Unknown Region Hyperspace //:
//: One Last Kiss //:

8f5d11cf954f1b08f542b3444f8547c19c505050.png
Familiar mist filled the cockpit, and Allyson reared back in her seat. "AHHHHH," Taiia appeared in her lap, and Allyson looked suspiciously at the woman and waited for her to do something. The Corellian half expected this to be a cruel trick or a game from one of the Sith. When Taiia moved and began to reorient herself, Allyson held her breath. With her view blocked, Allyson had to maneuver the fighter the best she could, dodging by sense the fire from the larger maw ships. Her course-corrected lifting from skirting the ground to launching quickly to the stars.

"You're hurt." Finally speaking, Allyson started to relax, but she couldn't do anything to help. Taiia, on the other hand, was more focused on the revelation of the cybernetic eye. Her touch burned against the pilot's skin, and as she drew closer, Allyson tried to pull back, pressing into the cockpit seat. Right now wasn't the time to let her mind wander, "Taiia please..sit...still." Allyson was still trying to navigate, but her eyes continued to deviate towards the woman in her lap.

Allyson found herself worried and needed to get them somewhere else, no matter where else. Words fell on the brunette's ears, and she nodded as Taiia settled against her. Allyson remained quiet, listening to the gentle rise and fall of the Knight Obsidian's chest. Smiling softly, she unknowingly brushed her cheek against Taiia's - finding some comfort in her safety. "I promise." For the most part, she seemed to be in good health - just tired.

It was a brief moment, and Allyson straightened her focus to the fighter again. There still wasn't any time to relax as Allyson continued to pour every ounce of her energy into the fighter, making it twist and dance through the gravitational pull of the atmosphere.

Leaning forward slightly, Allyson looked behind her with the cybernetic eye. It seemed they had broken through whatever potential blocking the fleets could have set up. Before she could go further, she needed to send a message to John about this Exarch Tanner. Connecting to John through the comms, she hoped he would eventually get the message, for she refused to allow the battle meditation to infiltrate her mind.

<John, I found her. Please make sure an Exarch Talhoon or something is safe.>

Static filled the cockpit, and Allyson only prayed that the message was actually delivered. Leaning back into the chair, she checked the computer systems and realized they were fried; she had burnt everything out. "Guess I'm doing this the hard way." Once more, she forced the craft to go beyond its limits and jump into hyperspace. With the aid of the force, she used her instinct to find a path to safety. When the computer had the coordinates, she let the autopilot take over, and she pulled back the nanites from her fingertips. Gently, she ran her touch against the head laceration along Taiia's brow. A warm golden hue surrounded her fingers as the flesh began to slowly knit itself back together. Allyson wasn't a healer, but she knew enough to keep herself alive.

With the laceration closed, she let her fingers trail down the woman's cheek, and finally, she found peace. She had done it; she had found her somehow. Sweat poured from her forehead as she wiped the blood dripping from her nose. Allyson had found her limit, but it was enough. Wiping her hand on her leg, Allyson settled into the chair the best she could and carefully wrapped her arms around the woman. Closing her eyes, she smiled.

She had done good, and the ship fired off into hyperspace deeper into the Unknown Region.

OOC Note: Exited from the Invasion.

Last edited:

Kristyl Vaashe

K

port-sorrow.png

Wearing: Kristyl's Training Robes of the Lotus.
Allies: Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic

0wvtnW0.png

"Head onto the ship! Stay with the people there! I am going to look for any survivors that might need some help getting on board!".

Kristyl moved to run towards the dropship, yet she faltered in her step as she realized what Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic had said about going off to help out others; "You're not coming too?!" she questioned out of fear and desperation. The Knights Obisidian ground zero landing zone had been engulfed in battle and there were bodies crippled and laid out in all directions, some having lost limbs due to aerial strikes, while others had been shot or slain by bladed weapons.

"Get on that ship and stay on there! I won't be long!".

Kristyl watched as her big Sister began to turn away. They may not have been blood siblings but Kris had no other person closer to a brother or sister in her life than Dreidi and over the years since a young age, the idea had just stuck. Now Dreidi was planning on heading back into the fighting while Kris stood there not knowing what to do. She stood there frozen in place, fighting against her fear of the battlefield but also her fear of losing her Sister. What if she ran to the Dropship and never saw Dreidi again??

Unfortunately, Kristyl didn't know how to fight and didn't have anything on her to defend herself with. There was nothing she could do either way, other than to force herself to turn back towards the transport waiting for her to board. "Move your ass girl!" one of the soldiers shouted from the personnel bay, encouraging her to push on into a run for the ship.

The power of the engines wined as Kristyl hit the side of the open bay, reaching up to take the hands of two of the troopers who hoisted the girl up rather effortlessly. She was far smaller and far lighter than most, if not every one of them aboard. As soon as she was inside, the men closed up the trooper bay, a hiss sounding as the vacuum seal kicked in and the dropship surged with power, lifting up from the surface of Rhand and heading back towards the Confederacy Fleet higher in orbit over the world.

over.png

Allies: Zlova Rue Zlova Rue Kyyrk Kyyrk Daegon Corvinus Daegon Corvinus
Foes: Laertia Io Laertia Io

Equipment: Lightsaber Armor Crushgauntlets

Vyse stayed close by his crimson companion. Marching onto the Allegiance and once the ramp closed quickly taking off his helmet. Taking a few good breaths as sweet from the battle was scattered across his face. That thing nearly got him killed today and he'd rather not have it on for a moment. Lightly tossing it aside as he turned facing Zlova as she spoke to him.

"The thing is, Vyse," Zlova said as the Allegiance lifted off with Kyrrk at the helm, "most Sith become fixated on becoming the strongest and cruelest. More power. More death. But to what end? How can life grow stronger through conflict if all that results in the end is the destruction of life itself? The very last Sith will have the satisfaction of knowing they were the last living thing alive... and then die. And no one will be left to care."

"Me?"
The Twi'lek turned in her seat to gaze out a window. "I don't need to be the most powerful. I don't need to blow up a planet to make a point. What I do is collect energy in reservoirs throughout the galaxy. Not quite a nexus, and certainly not a wound, but a high concentration of Force energy with my personal signature in it. One I can call upon when the need arises."

He lit up a bit as he listened, eager to absorb her view on the darkside order his learning had focused much on. Surprised to find her view was much alike the order he had stayed with for a short time. "Honestly when you put them in such a light they sound.. disgusting. I felt the power I tapped into down on the surface and I understand seeking more of it, and I especially understand wishing to be stronger then your rivals. He paused looking out one of the windows, seeing the world below being blasted to bits sighing.

"But when your only goal can be summarized as "My power is bigger then your power." Then your just a walking threat to anyone actually trying to use it for something noble." He turned to face her with ice blue eyes, chuckling a bit. "And likely hosting victory parties on piles of skulls, as by that point it's the next logical step." He said with a slight smirk calming down from the horrors below. "I think your way of viewing it is much better. And hey, if we get out if here I'll aim to be the not world destroying type. Heh, well you know, without a good reason." He said smirking a bit clearly teasing with the last bit.

Her golden eyes turned back to Vyse as Kyyrk's voice came over the intercom. "That's not today. It might be tomorrow. The Maw might be destroying the planet, but I doubt they've stopped to wonder at what cost." After she stood, Zlova smiled for a moment. "Let's go see what urgent request they have for us now. It can't be save the world. The Maw's spent their load doing everything possible to show they have no interest in making the galaxy a better place -- not to a sane person, anyway."

Vyse glanced at the intercom as he heard his latest orders. "And if the Siths of old are anything to by.. They likely think it needs just a bit more blood for coloring." He sighed at that standing up, heading towards his new duties. "Though truly, thank you for your advise. Reading about the butchers of the past and the records listing those being the examples of what to aspire to is a bit.. unnerving." His mind drifts a moment, remembering the defiled dead. "Many remind me of how the Maw act. But! I am very glad to have another shinning example of a sane Sith to follow." He said with a smile genuinely happy after the chat. Rarely getting to chat with a proper Sith and not some scribe. Her words having a strong impact on the squires learning.

Vyse arrived at cockpit standing hands behind back mimicking formation like one does in front of their officer. Finding it odd that they were hunting down a single person of interest as clearly there was a disaster of some kind going on. Still, Vyse felt no need to question his orders. "It will be done sir." He said in a perfectly professional tone as he turned to carry them out.

Though surprised at Zlova Rue Zlova Rue casual reply. Is that how Sith act? He thought decently jealous at that freedom. Smirking at her wink. Vyse going over to the nav, charting the course best he could. A bit intimidated, he didn't have much experience with ships but he felt calm, almost helped. Generally feeling serene. Unknown to him as he was under the effects of the battle meditation. Smirking at hearing her sass, still surprising to him. From what he's personally seen Sith are serious.. or a bit crazy.

Vyse focused on his work, charting several routes till he narrowed it down to the shortest one, it had to be that. "Sir I am sending you the coordinates now of the most likely route she took." He hoped it was enough time to catch up to her.

Relationship Status: It's Complicated
Dead.png

ger-template.png

WEARING: xxx
WEAPONS: Wolfsbane | Ferrum Solus | Strømafbryder
ALLIES: CIS | Lunara Azure Lunara Azure | Kristyl Arenais | Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic | Rann Thress Rann Thress
ENEMIES: The Mongrel The Mongrel
PET: xxx

This was not a conventional battle, nor was there anything normal about the opponent Gerwald faced. Even without the force the man fought in such a way which no one could train for. It required that the wolf pay attention to his surroundings. Every instinct needed to be trusted. Their fight had not been filled with a lot of banter, a reprieve from the bravado most battles were filled with. Instead the setting around them made the moment dramatic and memorable.

The sky was dark, and it was falling.

Gerwald heard her voice this time. Another invitation. It was not her. Nothing of who Naedira had been would have ever beckoned the wolf to give up and join her in the Nether, but he was tempted. Duty made him dig his heels in. If this was his day to die, it would be keeping the one promise Naedira had never asked him to break. Gerwald would die protecting the Knights he had sworn to serve and lead.

The Mongrel certainly saw it that way. Their fight had paused long enough for the man to speak. His words were full of radicalized rhetoric. The kind of zeal which had been in the blood of those that killed themselves on Ryloth. This opponent did not care whether he lived or died, and that made him dangerous.

Gerwald listened to his words, but could not help but laugh as he revealed their plan.

“Burn it so we do not gain victory? You do realize that we came here to burn this place to the ground and destroy the ship that seems to be crashing to the surface? It seems to me that slave trade on Rhand has ended… More blood has been spilt than needed, but the outcome is…”

Gerwald paused, about to say what some might think reprehensible.

“...acceptable.”

Soon the wolf would learn why the man had stalled. He had been building up something in his cybernetics.

Heat.

As it released, Gerwald could feel it as it shot toward him. His armor was not sufficient for extremes. Perhaps the man had been right, this would be the day he would finally answer death’s call. Instinct demanded that he raise one of the shields, but everything seemed to stand still. All he had to do was embrace it then his struggle, his fight, the promises he continued to make that were impossible to keep would no longer have a hold on him.

All he had to do was let it take him.

Gerwald closed his eyes as something pulled him from where he stood. It was unlike anything the lupine had experienced before. The sound of his boots hitting durasteel drew him back to the present. How had he…

...Lunara…

The sorceress had decided to evacuate them, but her reach had not gotten him in the ship. Instead the wolf was on the roof. He looked for his opponent, but before he could settle his eyes on the surroundings, the ship turned causing the wolf to stumble. Falling onto his stomach, Gerwald reached for the nearest thing he could grab as he began to slide off the dropship.

It was then he felt it… the force surging within. Somewhere, sever force users were giving the rest aid.

Battle Meditation.

It would grow as they linked up, but for now it was enough to give the wolf what he needed to get back onto his feet.

“We should finish this.”

Tags: Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner | Lunara Azure Lunara Azure | Darth Solipsis Darth Solipsis

"The outcome is... acceptable."

The Mongrel laughed, a cold, cruel, grating sound made metallic by the speakers of his mask. "Perhaps we've misjudged you, then, son of the Confederacy," he said, voice edged with harsh mirth. "It seems you are more ruthless than we thought, to murder the helpless men, women, and children you claimed to be here to rescue and then declare your mission a success." It was true that the slave trade here was over. The spaceport and skyhook would ever again be useable to transport the Maw's captives, and dead slaves could not serve the Maw.

"You are far more like us than we imagined."

There was no more time for talk; all around them, Rhand was being scoured clean. The skies were dark, full of ash and the deep crimsons and greens of heavy laserfire streaking down from orbit. The ground rumbled ominously, and a gale-force wind swept across the crags and plains, hot and dry with the energy of the constant bombardment. Every building in Port Sorrow was crumbling, their foundations shaken apart like a chew toy in the mouth of a dog. Soon Rhand would once again be home to nothing but shadows and ghosts. It was oddly beautiful, this apocalyptic scene, the closing song of a tragic opera.

There had been little beauty in The Mongrel's short and brutal life. He drank in those burning heavens as a thirsty man sucks down water, fixing them in his mind, knowing they might well be the last thing he ever saw. Before his eyes, a colossal superlaser beam parted the ashen clouds, slamming into the ground just outside the port. The shockwave raced toward him, tearing up the terrain in a massive wall of upthrust rock and soil. There was no one in the galaxy would could survive standing so close to a superlaser's impact. Kinetic forces would surely rend him apart.

The cloud of boiling vapor he'd spat at the shifter-knight suddenly seemed so tiny, so pale and weak an attempt to change the battle's outcome, when he compared it to that oncoming earthquake-storm. Behind his mask, The Mongrel smiled... but it was a sad little smile, not a smirk of triumph or vicious intent. He had been taught from the moment of his reshaping into a slave-soldier that the Brotherhood were servants of the Avatars, whose will was inevitable. He had seen that destructive will made manifest before, when Csilla broke apart under the Mercy's impact.

Seeing it from ground-level took his breath away.

The warlord didn't even look to see if his attack had done anything to Gerwald, for what was the point? They were instants from being blasted into the sky by a level of force sufficient to blast apart thousands of tons of rock per second. They would be thrown around like ragdolls, the winds ripping their limbs from their bodies like cruel children picking the wings off of insects. The man he'd been battling was godlike in power, but surely even that incredible armor could not withstand such forces. Surely that thrown hammer would be lost in the chaos as the world burned.

The Mongrel blinked, and everything changed.

Not sensitive to the Force, the warlord hadn't even felt the building of energy as Lunara Azure Lunara Azure somehow teleported a large group of people onto one of the moving freighters escaping Rhand. He would not have believed it possible, even with all the incredible things he'd seen Jedi and Sith do, had he not just seen it with his own eyes. He was now on top of the freighter, wind whipping at his hair and pushing at his body as the craft took off in a bid to outrun the superlaser blast. Instantly, The Mongrel was back in survival mode, his battle instincts kicking in. Here was a chance.

No one could just stand on top of a moving starship in atmosphere and expect to stay there. The rush of wind as the ship cut through the skies would toss them off in an instant. Fortunately, The Mongrel's boots were designed with magno-grips, allowing him to quickly trigger them and anchor himself to the freighter's hull. The air pressure nearly broke him in half as the ship picked up speed, forcing him to stay low. The servos of his arms, damaged when he'd parried Gerwald's hammer, whined and strained as he grabbed onto an exposed sensor component. It creaked under his weight.

Forget dueling. He was hanging on for dear life.

The higher the ship got, the thinner the air would be. That wasn't too much of a problem; his mask was a sealed environment, and contained a significant reservoir of oxygen, enough to sustain him for a couple of hours if need be. But as soon as they hit the atmosphere, the heat of that transition was going to fry him to a crisp. He had to find some way to escape this wild ride before that happened... but he couldn't see any. He wasn't packing a parachute, much less a jetpack, and falling back to Rhand would be a death sentence anyway. The superlaser would catch him.

The Mongrel wasn't confident of his ability to get inside this ship, either; it would mean close quarters with Gerwald, the woman who'd been powerful enough to teleport him, and whatever other forces they might have inside, far more than he could take alone. It was beginning to seem like he'd just been whisked from one death to another, from being ripped apart on the ground to being incinerated above... or perhaps a long fall from the latter to the former. All he could think of in that moment was to pray. "Dark Voice," he whispered, voice reverent, "great prophet of the Avatars..."

"Deliver me from this honorless death."

The Mongrel looked over to Gerwald, who had somehow regained his feet... though the warlord doubted he'd be able to keep them for long. Even the slightest pitch or yaw of the transport could catapult them to a messy splattering on the glassed planet below. If the shifter warrior got up close, he could almost certainly just fling The Mongrel over the side, using gravity to finish the fight. The Mongrel had to keep him back as best he could. His satchel of tricks was gone, but the big iron on his hip was not. Drawing the hulking revolver, he squeezed off a trio of shots one-handed, still using the other to hang on.

Three burning incendiary rounds flew at Gerwald.

Allies: CIS
Enemies: Maw and slaver scum
Tags: Kristyl Arenais
Objective: Get as many people as possible out and survive
Equipment: Armourweave
In the background she heard the shuttle take off, the safest option was now cut off from her. Dreidi had likely taken the most insane path, she could hear Asaraa Vaashe Asaraa Vaashe screaming at her to just get off world and then worry about everyone's safety but she couldn't. Something was motivating her to do better, to be better, to be the best damn Jedi she could be. There was inspiration inside her that had faded long ago and now she was attempting to rekindle it with probably the most stupidest, dangerous way possible. Dreidi sighed, Kristyl was safe, that was all that matter, she never corrected Kristyl about being her aunt not her sister because in some ways she felt closer to Kristyl like a sibling than her actual siblings. Breathing deeply, she looked around, there wasn't much longer left to find survivors, Dreidi couldn't dwell on things any longer.

Moving around, Dreidi danced around and tried to find people who might be too injured to get to the ships on their own. It wasn't easy with the destruction going on all around her, but Dreidi was able to find several people trapped under some rubble. It was too heavy for Dreidi to lift physically but she was able to reach into the Force and lift it up enough for the survivors to pull themselves out. Dreidi reached out and pulled out a survivor who had slipped as they were lifting themselves out. Dropping the rubble down once everyone was safe, Dreidi gasped out, surprised how difficult it had been to lift the rubble, looking at the survivors, "we need to find a ship to get out of here, anyone know which direction..." before Dreidi could finish her sentence a blast exploded right next to them sending all of them flying.

Dreidi felt her body go limp, the explosion had burnt her skin since it had been so close, her ears were ringing loudly and her mind fogged over. The ground came up quickly and Dreidi landed hard on the rough surface, rolling around with feeling cuts and bruises forming on her body. When she finally stopped moving, Dreidi could assess her injuries, her shoulder was badly dislocated, numerous cuts of different severity all over herself, bruises were littered everywhere too and she could barely breath so likely a cracked rib or two. Keeping herself awake, or just semi-conscious, was difficult enough yet alone moving.

Spitting out some blood, Dreidi coughed and spluttered, she was starting to panic. The reason she remained here was to help the injured and get them out of the danger but now Dreidi was the injured. She crawled slowly, her leg had a deep and dangerous cut that seemed to make it limp as she looked at the injury. Gritting her teeth, she couldn't ignore the pain wracking her body, looking around it was clear that no one else from the group she was with survived the explosion. Just a lot of dead bodies and severed limbs scattered around the area. Tears streamed down her face as she keeps crawling forward, she just had to find a ship now, just stay awake and get out of here. Though she was really tired and surely a quick rest of her eyes wouldn't hurt...​

Survive

Objective: Survive
Equipment: Cybernetics | Jet Pack | Beskar’gam | Weapon load out*
1 cartridge of slug throwers left for pistol.
0 cartridges for rifle.
2 Cyroban grenades left
1 sticky grenade.
0 Stun
rest as on sheet.
Allies: [ Kyyrk Kyyrk ] [ Vyse de Valorous Vyse de Valorous ] [ Zlova Rue Zlova Rue ] [ Diocletian Kahmen’’a Diocletian Kahmen’’a ]
Opposition: [ Darth Senthral Darth Senthral ] [ Darth Tennacus Darth Tennacus ]

Grey.

The eyes beneath the shroud were grey; perhaps the only human-seeming thing about him. All else seemed spectral and alien, with Jhira’s own head spinning so. She fell into that terrifying gaze for an instant, as his power touched her.

A veritable feast of passionate terror and desperate hope reached Darth Tennacus, when he pierced the veil of her mind. Rage writhed within, a keening need to avenge twined with a soaring, near-hysterical shock at simply being alive. So intensely alive; every sensation magnified, every pain profound, every fleeting joy utterly embraced. A kaleidoscope of emotions writhed and snarled beneath the battered shelter of her beskar’gam, the calm-seeming exterior a professional facade drilled into her since childhood.

Sounds and images flared behind her eyes, from time-to-time; brutally suppressed sense-memories of the last time she’d been on the wrong side of a planetary bombardment. The horror of it a bitter, terrible shroud that blunted and dulled the shock of this world’s terrible Death.

Exhaustion weakened her limbs. Three serious wounds (thigh, stomach, concussion) and myriad smaller were kept at bay through state of the art cybernetics and the wonders of her flight suit.

A curious mind, a bruised heart, a diamond soul. A single, circling thought.

Mishuk gotal'u meshuroke, pako kyore. Ease makes decay, pressure makes gems.

Unaware of the intrusion into her psyche, Jhira pondered her captor’s baffling response as to who he was. The Force mostly tried to kill her or steal those she loved; it spoke in violence as often as wonder, but never to her. A faint shake of the head betrayed her confusion; faint, because the movement threatened nausea. Fear or injury, she could not say; everything hurt. Every breath a glorious agony she both cherished and feared. Each moment lived astonishing and precious, stolen as if from death itself.

Awful, to be so very glad to be alive.

A chair was tethered and pulled into the Darth Lord’s orbit with no warning at all; Jhira jumped. The chair, however, submitted patiently as he settled his vast bulk upon it, as unnatural-seeming in its current purpose as when it had come to his beckoning. A shudder shivered through her, and she forced herself from a combat crouch to a lounge upon the back wall.

Quick, steady, he lay a trap of easy questions and hard ones, the voice deceptively calm and cool. Melancholy. Before she had sorted out an answer, he’d drawn her attention to a large Loth-wolf in the cage beside hers. Startled, she stepped away from the snarling maw in a movement of pained grace. Poor thing; locked in here with only hate and hunger. No name, no affection; only fear. She gave the creature a grave nod, seeing him as a fellow captive, however maddened. But some force pushed it back, away from her; protective?

Perhaps.

Pain and exhaustion warred within, only the pounding surges of mindless adrenaline keeping Jhira upon her feet. He knew his target; the slicing, bitter fact he shared - brother killing brother - would isolate her as thoroughly from his Apprentice as he might wish. His fingers caressed her beskad, a beautiful, complex blend of modern tech and ancient aesthetic flawlessly balanced.

A perfect weapon, in the right hands.

“Yes, it is an exquisite weapon. Viciously sharp, nearly silent despite the vibro-function. Surprisingly dense, with the beskar blade it can handle even a short duel with a Light-saber. A perfect balance of form and function, tradition and innovation.” She drifted towards the front of the cage, drawn by the lure of her weaponry.

Tell me: what is a girl like you trying to do running around with a weapon like this, in a temple like that? Did you believe you were all just going to fight your way through and emerge victorious? Your friends are likely dead; I felt one of them release their life force, but I'm not certain of the others. But if they are alive, I do not admire your loyalty to them. In the sight of threat, they fled without considering your wellbeing, leaving you to fend for yourself. Fled, when you were all here to invade. What does that tell you about their capabilities of power? What does that tell you about their values, in accordance to our own?"

The scalpel of his words wounded her; gashed open her soul where she was most vulnerable. A small, weary smile hid behind her helm. Eyes drifted half closed, as she studied that faint green light, wrestling with keening envy and urgent, heartbroken delight at their escape. Resting her aching head against the heavy bars of her cage, Jhira mourned the one they had lost. Ghost "Frankie" Sterling Ghost "Frankie" Sterling most likely; that cursed soul had been farthest away. But grief, like pain, was a deeply private thing, never to be shared.

When she spoke at last, a dark humor infused her words. “I’d used up all of my ammunition, or near enough.” Another oddly graceful shrug, hiding a trace of bitterness in a short, sharp laugh. “I was hired as a pilot.” Yet … how had she ended up surrounded by all those Force Users? Sith; even Kyyrk had once been Sith. She was baffled, even yet, as to her life-choices, and that faint puzzlement drifted into her final answer. “Friendship, vengeance, pay?”

“Why did you blow the Temple up? Who were any of us, to be so important as to draw your ire, when you were going to glass the entire planet anyway?”

She shook her head, and spoke gently, academically, weary grief slowing her words. “There is no victory as you mean it here. Not for either side. This sort of total war … of sacrificing everything not to win, not to achieve your own goals, but to deprive another of theirs is a battle tactic that is self-limiting. Death Watch often embraces the philosophy. It has been death on our people.”

Slinging her wounded Jet Pack to her feet, Jhira utilized the destroyed device as a stool, settling gracefully upon its now-silent jets. A moment of pained silence followed, and a shudder of horror strained her body to the point of a gasp of pain. She did not want to be here; a claustrophobic panic threatened. Knotted shoulders ached with revulsion, her stomach leaden and heavy. Forcing herself to military rigidness once again, a single gauntleted hand rested with delicate grace upon the bars of her cage.

Heart howled, beyond grief, at being left behind. Her mind told her with cold clarity that few people would dare the wrath of the MAW for her. And of those, she’d not willingly risk one. Her soul wept, at how Kyyrk Kyyrk kept faith with her by not making her death meaningless.

“It would have been the greater betrayal, to sacrifice them for nothing.”

Yet … she could not have done it. Would have sent the others on, but turned back herself. Tears threatened, and died stillborn.

“I was here for vengeance, and to free slaves. If I could have chosen to have one or the other, I would have chosen to spare life, than take it. But you have wounded yourselves far more grievously then ever we could, granting me one wish, at least.” Their bomb would have rendered the temple unusable for a matter of years; what the MAW had done had left it naught but melted stone.

“Power?” again, puzzlement.

“How much power do you have, Darth Lord?” Jhira gestured vaguely outside. “To most Mandalorians, all the power that matters is the ability to have control over yourself and your actions, and to protect your family. I suspect this organization you are part of does not permit you that.”

A tragic, broken smile surfaced; felt more than seen, as her helm yet shielded her features from him. “And have we values in common, Darth Lord?” The notion seemed utterly impossible; horrific, truly. Yet she could not stop worrying the problem. “Kyyrk assures me the Sith Code does not enshrine cruelty, loneliness or even use of the Dark. So what do you believe?” she looked up, full at him for the first time since she’d noted those grey eyes.

“Would you have died with me, rather than living to avenge me?“

She had had no choice, except to move out of the field of fire completely. But she didn't leave the system, Though she remained at its edge. The Leviathan had proved itself today, weathering a massive assault.

She knew the consequences of what she had done. But that had been a critical Maw Asset and all of this had been a trap.

Part of her was screaming internally in horror at what she had just done. But she was tired of the Maw's bullchit. She'd had it in for the cheating feths ever since Csilla, when they had rammed the planet after being dealt a critical blow.

The event had opened her eyes to just how psychotic the Maw was. And they called her a terrorist.

They wanted Total War? She would give them it. And then some. She knew it didn't bring Csilla back, nor did it lessen the horror of her act. But she would have done it again, given the same choice

But she still knew the horror of what she had just wrought.

Mother...The Leviathan called out to her mind. Ship is fast approaching...

They're here to arrest me.

Preparing to flee--

No. Xiphos replied. I'm staying.

You risk death.

That worldship had to be destroyed. The Maw was using their compassion as a garrote around their necks. Xiphos replied. I'm...I'm tired...

Xiphos slipped out of her bio organic power armor, revealing herself to be wearing a long black body glove.

Power down all weapons. She instructed.

Confirmed...

Xiphos made her way out of the damaged bridge, through savaged decks where her children put out fires.

My Sons... She called out to her Nuetralizer Children. Soon the CIS will come to arrest me. I shall not resist it. And you will not either.

Every Nuetralizer knew what that meant.

Get a transmission out to Maple. Advise her to surrender at the earliest opportunity. I'm tired...so tired... she said mentally to the Leviathan.

She made her way to a still intact turbolift.

As she traveled down, Lana's death finally hit and she collapsed, sobbing uncontrollably for the next minutes, forcing herself to stop as she reached her destination, the Hangar where Kyyrk Kyyrk would soon arrive.

She just stood there on the burning deck, unarmed as her sons brought the fires under control, waiting for him to land, with the Leviathan transmitting clearance to land for him and any who traveled with him. She looked ragged. Shell shocked, like she hadn't slept in days...

Zlova Rue Zlova Rue
Daegon Corvinus Daegon Corvinus
Kiff Brayde Kiff Brayde
Marlon Sularen Marlon Sularen
Zachariel Steelblood Zachariel Steelblood

Operation Cinder: Space Battle

Allies: Alars Keto Alars Keto | Keilara Kala'myr Keilara Kala'myr | Dakrul Dakrul | Talon Kyber
Foes: BX-4381 | OOM-001-JELLYBEAN OOM-001-JELLYBEAN | OOM-002-HONEYCOMB OOM-002-HONEYCOMB | Laertia Io Laertia Io | Kiff Brayde Kiff Brayde

What had begun as an overwhelming CIS invasion, then morphed into a Mawite trap, had now become a brutal slugfest in which no one had the clear upper hand. Tu'teggacha had often been thrust into space battles, and though it was not his preference, he had considerable experience with them after the last three years. He could not make heads or tails of this one. He knew only one thing: that his own part in it, as the unwitting bait for the entire trap, was complete. As soon as the shuttles from Gehinnom returned, bearing the three champions of the Maw he'd sought to save, the remnants of his escort group jumped to hyperspace.

They left behind them a plummeting Holy City, still under heavy fire. Both the Leviathan of Sev Tok and the Storm King were opening up on the station, even though one of them was hostile to the other; Laertia Io's bold, ruthless actions had turned the Confederacy against her, and they had targeted their weapons against her as well as the Mawites. It seemed that the CIS was simultaneously expressing horror at and taking credit for her actions, howling their triumph at ending the slave trade on Rhand while blaming someone else for the brutal but effective methods that had led to the trade's end. Such were the ways of politicians.

The explosion that had destroyed a quarter of Gehinnom would not be repeated, despite the heavy incoming fire; Westenra Mina Westenra Mina had directly targeted an exposed reactor in the first such attack, and the chain reaction had been devastating. But there were no such shortcuts this time, and while the incoming barrage shredded many more outer bulkheads, it did not have time to penetrate the Holy City's thick armor so completely as to significantly reduce its mass. The station - and the Storm King - were now within Rhand's atmosphere. It was far too late to prevent the colossal worldship's fall. Out of orbit, it picked up downward speed rapidly.

The Storm King was doing a thousand things at once, fighting the Mawite fleet while also intercepting falling debris, attacking Gehinnom, and trying to drag the station back. Although the CIS Super Star Destroyer intercepted much of the debris that would have fallen on Port Sorrow, it may have been a wasted effort; the impact of the bombardment and the Prophet's superlaser had done what the debris could not, annihilating the spaceport from the face of Rhand. The good news was that the impact of the station wouldn't kill anyone there. The bad news was that it was because everyone there was almost certainly already dead.

Gehinnom had drifted since falling from orbit. Due to planetary rotation, stations that appear to be standing still above a static location are actually moving an incredible speed to keep up with the world they are docked above. The CIS attack (and the drag exerted by the Storm King) had disrupted the worldcraft's trajectory, and it was no longer on course to slam directly into Port Sorrow anyway. It would likely impact the mountain range above the port, crashing into the range of peaks a hundred miles away, for that was a small distance for such a colossal station. It would cause no further death... except for those aboard it.

This was the final chance for Gehinnom's passengers to get out.
It was also the final chance for the Storm King to detach itself. Pulled along by tractor beams that had not been designed to be used on anything bigger than the ship itself, the SSD had been dragged into the atmosphere, and now its own weight strained against its engines as well. Ships so large were generally not designed to ever land; for one thing, there were few (if any) natural locations large and flat enough to accommodate them on most worlds, and craggy Rhand was no exception. The Mawites could not say for certain what the Storm King's capabilities were, but it seemed to them that it ought to start looking out for itself.

On board the station, the fearsome raiders of Talon Kyber stormed the halls, determined to deny the CIS any triumphant rescue. They advanced through the gas, soon linking up with the Kitiakira warbands and the deathless legion of Dakrul. All knew that they would soon meet the Avatars. All knew that they must not be found wanting; they must go down fighting, earning their place in paradise. No fear, no hesitation. They all threw themselves against the CIS forces, working to seize any transports they could and disable any they could not. A true horde of Mawites charged out of the nagnol gas, converging on Landing Zone Aurek.

Any slaves successfully evacuated would live knowing how incredibly lucky they were, and how high the cost of their rescue had been. Their bold rescue was heroic indeed, and many would say that every life saved was a little victory of its own... though the survivors were far, far outnumbered by the countless dead. Evidently it was overwhelming even to the CIS battle droids, for a group of marauders encountered one whose programming simply seemed to be stuck. Booted feet tromped past OOM-001-JELLYBEAN OOM-001-JELLYBEAN as the fight continued, the droid's plight unnoticed in the struggle. If it wasn't shooting, it wasn't worth wasting ammo on.

Had a holovid reporter been aboard Gehinnom and somehow survived, he or she might have found the perfect picture to represent the entire sordid affair that the raid had become: OOM-001 slumped over in a field of broken droids and dead Mawites, the cold body of a child clutched in its spindly arms. That was the truest essence of the battle over Rhand: plans on both sides gone awry, with the innocent paying the price. But there was no reporter to capture that powerful image, only howling marauders crashing into the lines of battle droids in one last, desperate attempt to either escape the crash or drag their enemies down with them.

War was a filthy, callous business indeed. Some wars were more so than others.

Ziare Dyarron, the little shadow-killer
COMPNOR (ISB) Junior Agent, Nite agent | Slave of the Maw
4UXlhDs.png
Objective: BYOO, try to survive (Maw side)
Equipment: N/A || OPBC-01m
Tag: N/A
mubNJ7l.png
[ Cry ]
"Galactic Basic" | ~"Telepathic" communication ~ | << comm. channel >>

But it didn’t want to end, I also saw them laughing at me on Lao-Mon, in my attempts. That no one came to free me. I was alone. I fit in perfectly with Maw. No! These are crazy, insane barbarians; I was not one of them, I will not be one of them. I wasn't strong. Just surviving something does not mean I'm strong. The friends, companions who stand by us; we can gain strength from them, yes. They made us strong, they made me strong. But without them, nothing is left. I'm nothing, weak without them.

I saw everything over and over until I could no longer shout, I just sobbed silently, embracing myself…

And then I was in the meadow again; but now nothing was green, everything was covered by ashes, the trees were blazing, the sky was black, and the dark skies obscured the sun. The former, beautiful blue lake was blood red as the water was contaminated with blood. My refuge; destroyed, corrupted. The otherwise beautiful snow-white mountain peaks were black and red. They are black from the ashes, red from the blood. The castle was in ruins, smoke rising from it.

Instead of the smell of flowers, I could smell burnt flesh, and the unmistakable smell of blood swayed through the air. And there she was; in the middle of it all. Mercy . With the feelings I should have felt, but I just felt empathy. Always, everyone blamed me for being too empathetic. I felt like she was stronger than me, but not in everything, I still have my humanity.

And then I understood…

The Maw wanted to see her, another person, a marauder who would destroy the weak, because only the strong could survive. They were able to seize the indifference, anger, hatred, fear in my soul and amplify it to create her. This happened? I was a sentient being too, I had these feelings a little bit in me too, it was natural. But in it? All she lacked was what made me who I was, kindness, empathy. Only madness, peccadillo, and bad things were magnified.

"You finally understood, little Ziare… you no longer have a right to exist in this form." she said mockingly.

No, no, no, no, no, no! This is my body, this is my mind, this is me, I want to stay myself! Mercy laughed mockingly.

"You still don't understand that, I'm you, and you are me. We will live, but without your pathetic weakness." she… I said.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" I screamed.

UaaFcjP.png

54MNAtl.gif

port-sorrow.png

[X]
Allies: CIS
Enemy: Maw
Enemy Engagement Status: [ OPEN + Ignatius Rausgeber Ignatius Rausgeber ]
Nearby Ally Tag: Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean | Darth Metus Darth Metus | Amaya Cardei
Distant Friends (Fleets/Off World): Iuuna Talon | Spencer Varanin Spencer Varanin | Taiia Locke Taiia Locke | Ket Cros Ket Cros | Quinn Varanin Quinn Varanin
Location & Intent: Port Sorrow Space (Ground) to The Sentinel (In Space)

He did talk too much.

Were it not for the threat of imminent doom lingering over their heads like a guillotine, it might have amazed the pale woman how much dialogue he could press into such a small amount of time. It was as long as any political speech she had ever heard. Her gaze lingered on his posture. On his injuries—On the way he held himself versus the way he spat obscenities. He was frustrated, tired, and angry. It made sense in the most basic notion, whether or not, he was a willing participant for the Brotherhood of the Maw.

If he had been forced into servitude?

That was obvious. Even if they had given him a position of “power” amongst the rest of the rabble.

If he believed in the cause? Even that, could be understood. They left him behind. They would rather sacrifice all to make a point versus taking care of their own. It was mayhem, chaos, without any true point of direction except to further some notion of an intergalactic power struggle. The Mawites were in control. They destroyed Csilla. They took what they wanted, who they wanted, and without any regard for anything. Not even themselves.

They didn’t have time. No time to bandy about arguments, accusations. She could see fire raining down from orbit and it was skirting across the edges of the ciry and slowly moving inward. The ground shook. The air smelled of flame, smoke, and despair. She could have tried to force herself into the mind of Ignatius Rausgeber Ignatius Rausgeber for a definitive answer but that would have just been one more violation in what could be his last moments of life. He lashed out like a wild animal. What more could be said? What more could be said that years of therapy and seclusion might not even cure?

“I don’t expect you to understand nor do I claim to comprehend your situation.”

Innocent or guilty. It was impossible to tell. His “friends” had abandoned him and should she invite him into their midst out of pity he could just as easily put a knife between their shoulder blades. She couldn’t put her crew at risk. There were too many unanswered questions. How had one shot at his feet caused so much damage? How had he survived the culling? Why was he one of the only slave-soldiers, or, the only slave running across the spaceport looking for an escape?

There were hundreds of thousands—But only a small handful slipped through the cracks? She could number each one from the fingers of her right hand. Only they made it to the spaceport?

“You can stay here and accept your fate or you can leave of your own accord. I didn’t come here to sentence—”

She was interrupted as an explosion took out one of the smaller transport ships they’d brought with them. The heat from the blast burned her cheeks, chapped her lips, and she was forced to close her eyes. Her attention was stolen from Ignatius and for a moment she suspected that Taiia Locke Taiia Locke had been reduced to ash. Seconds ticked, slowly as hours, but through the smoke, she could feel the Obsidian Lord still alive. Breathing. It wasn’t the only ship that Srina had on hand but it seemed that the red-haired woman was addled. Worried. Flustered from being insulted while amidst the threat of orbital death from above.

It was a wonder they hadn’t all cracked.

Something moved in the Force and her hackles started to rise. She resisted. It was wrong. “Taiia wait—”

Taiia Locke Taiia Locke disappeared.

There was another way. Another ship, readily at hand. She had already given Ket Cros Ket Cros leave to depart with his men but there was still one stealth ship not too many feet away. It was structurally intact even after the latest explosion. Silently, she was relieved they hadn’t landed on top of one another. Still. It would be dangerous to try and fly now. There were minutes, perhaps. There were only minutes left to decide what to do amongst the rubble and flames of a slowly burning world. The laser that struck wouldn’t be the last one. It probably should have killed them all. If it were a little closer—It would have.

Swiftly, she made adjustments to the protocol of the Wolves Curse. She didn’t know if there would be enough time. She had to try. It wasn’t guilt that drove her to act but a simple sense of pragmatic justice. She had never been the “Exarch” of lies, of death, or hubris. When they returned to Naboo she would report exactly what happened. In detail. On the chance that the Mawite soldier wasn’t lying…It was all she could offer. “Ignatius—There is a ship right there. Ready and waiting and with a droid pilot that will obey your commands. Take it, if you want to live. Stay if you want to die. The choice is yours.”

It was a choice the Maw wouldn’t have given.

It was a choice that she probably shouldn’t have given.

Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean stood tall. Stalwart and seemingly unbothered by the calamity that had struck in what should have been a far humble mission to disable a few generators. She sent a telepath memo to all ground personnel within her reach. <<This is Exarch Talon. Withdraw all Confederate Forces from Port Sorrow. I repeat—If you aren’t in the air already you need to do so immediately. Withdraw all forces.>>

Direct comms to orbit were down, well and truly, but the Force had its usefulness. With Ket Cros Ket Cros and the rest of the reinforcements that had come to aid them against the necrotic creatures well on their way she could only look out at the burning landscape quietly. The voices of her loved ones had given her the strength to push forward, to do what needed to be done, but this Port of Sorrow, this bastion of depravity—Was in flame.

It really was hell.

She stepped closer to Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean and her weapon tucked itself away. The rings they wore resonated, as always, and she barely had to speak the words before their combined ability pooled together. Mingling, merging. It was coming. Her visions were true. The end for Rhand was coming.

<<Get us out of here…>>

Her arm wrapped around his waist and the world blurred into blackness. The heat faded away and was replaced by a blessed chill. She felt a startling sense of nausea, of being swallowed, while an unfathomable ocean rose up from the depths. It was a black pool that she could not name. She wanted to be where she was needed. Wanted, to be with her people, with those that fought the Mawites with every breath, every beat of their heart, until it stopped.

A small voice, familiar, and stricken with desperation called to her. It slipped between the cracks of the shift and pulled on her as few things could have. Srina was focused. Driven. Her attachments were few and far between. This stopped her, even with, all of the interference from transporting from one plane to the next. Then back again. It was full of static. The way a radio comm winked in and out when the distance was too great. <<Quinn?>>

In a flash, she knew that her god-daughter ( Quinn Varanin Quinn Varanin ) was still on Rhand.

She could see that the draining of life had been done by the person who stood with her. This Vesta (Darth Mori) that she cried for with all her heart. Srina could feel the sphere of protection against the body of the young princess as if it were her own. It was a cage. She wished, more than anything, that she could have made it better. That she could take away her pain. More that, however, the Exarch needed the young woman off of that planet and away from the Mawites and the Port. <<It's not your fault. None of this is your fault. Hear me, not her.>>

Through their metaphysical bond she could feel the walls of the cage melting. It was a curse and blessing.

Rhand was under fire.

<<Go with him, Quinn. Use me as an anchor and leave immediately. Rhand is about to be glassed. Come to me. Come to me now.>>

When she felt solid ground beneath her feet her eyes opened. She did not know how long it had been. Only, that the surroundings were familiar. Where had Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean taken them?

The Sentinel.

Glacier orbs settled on the familiar visage of a sable-skilled Sith Lord. Darth Metus Darth Metus . She glanced up toward Maliphant and wondered, quietly, if he had used her connection to the former Confederate Vicelord as a tether. By all rational thought, he should have taken them back to the Fortressa. But, they’d shifted through the glom and had arrived in the presence of the only one who could make Srina see reason. The only one who could bring her back to equilibrium.

Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean was no fan of Darth Metus Darth Metus simply because of what he represented. Simply, because she chose to remain an apprentice versus striking out on her own.

“...Master...”

She pulled away from the white-haired man and headed toward the nearest terminal. She didn’t know. Her stomach had sunk to the floor. Her teeth were clenched. She had to know.

“Have they done it?”

Had the Brotherhood of the Maw truly wiped out the port and everything surrounding it? Quinn was still there. Quinn, her god-daughter, was still on that damnable world that was soon to be little more than ash and dust. Her gaze was full of nightmarish things when she looked back toward Darth Metus Darth Metus , Amaya Cardei, and Aselia Verd Aselia Verd . Surely, one of them would answer. One of them would know. ONE of them had to know what happened because for the life of her she was still trying to put the pieces together.

How had everything gone so wrong?

“Is it...gone? Is the port gone?!”

Her voice didn’t change in tone but the volume had risen. That was rare for the Echani, but, if they knew what she knew they wouldn't question it. Covered in soot and superficial burns it was plain to see that there was something unspoken churning in the young woman. Her legendary composure was threatening crumble beneath the quaking knell of darkness. She felt pulled by the essence of all whom had passed. All, whom had been destroyed. Slain. Or used in barbaric rituals for little more than cannon fodder.

Several voices rang in her head. Whispers, at first. They grew louder with every moment.
[X]​

<<My Queen?>>

Did she ( Spencer Varanin Spencer Varanin ) know?

Did she know her daughter was on Rhand?

The voice of her mentor in her mind didn’t halt her ice-driven rage but it did give credence to the fact that the Confederacy was not yet done. They had not yet given in, nor, were they defeated outright by such devastating loss. They could fight on. They had to. For the very sake of the future, for the lives that had been lost, for their own sanity—They had to fight. Never, would she forsake those she brought into battle.

Never would she willingly leave them on their own.

Not while she still drew breath.

The Exarch did just that. She breathed. In. Out. Once more. The glacier calm that most present would recognize began to settle over her once more. As if an invisible mantle had pressed down upon slender shoulders that pressed her spine straight. She’d let the words of one questionable man ( Ignatius Rausgeber Ignatius Rausgeber ) get under her skin. They’d burrowed deep, if only because they weren’t completely false.

She couldn’t take back the past. But, she could act now.

Act and hope. Hope, that Quinn listened. Hoped that there was time.

Hoped that she would still be there when her god-daughter made it through. Because, she would make it. She had to.

“I require an update. What ships do we have at our disposal and what enemy targets have been marked?”

Speaking to Ignatius Rausgeber Ignatius Rausgeber a little more. Offered him her last ship off owrld.
Repeated that Ket Cros Ket Cros and Co have perms to leave.
Reacted to Taiia Locke Taiia Locke and one of their ships getting blown up + her disappearance.
With permission from Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean (because he couldn't post this round) teleported off the ground and landed on the Sentinel.
Observed Battle Meditation beginning among Confederate forces.
Told Quinn Varanin Quinn Varanin to leave Rhand immediately.
Asked Darth Metus Darth Metus what ships we have with the Sentinel to make an impact.

Last edited:

dantemplate.png

dandivider.png

ALLIES: BOTM | NEW SITH ORDER (Lazyᵀᴹ)
ENEMIES: CIS | EE | Other cronies (Lazyᵀᴹ 2: Electric Boogaloo)
ENGAGING: Rann Thress Rann Thress | Ruus Kote Ruus Kote
GEAR:

O~~>ROULETTE<~~O

“You wanna go through your little doorway?! LETS GO THEN!”

The shout reached her just as she was moving to walk through time. The next thing Danika knew, she was being tackled through her own portal.

Her back hit the durasteel floor of the Fortuna bridge with the masked crusader on top of her, arm still around her waste as he had tackled her. Instinctively, the Lady of Bone curled her legs in between them before giving a momentous kick toward his gut to get him off her.

The bridge crew were momentarily dazed, watching the exchange.

If the kick landed where it was supposed to, Danika would leap to her feet, igniting her sabers again as she did so. By then, some of her men started to converge on the newcomer.
"No!" she barked. "He is mine!" she then added with a sneer before slowly moving back while keeping her eyes on the Confederate. No way was she going to allow him to accidentally slice through an integral panel because he can't hit an opponent to save his life. So she baited him down the corrider.
"Well come on then, darling. You wanted to barge into my home. Either show up or show yourself out the garbage shoot." she told him, sabers still at the ready.

Such a pretty mask would make a fine addition to her collection on Vestar.

This time, she did not press the attack. She waited, like a cat waiting for her prey to stray right past without noticing. This bombastic Dark Sider had just stumbled unto Danika's home ground where she still had a battalion of Bone soldiers onboard. Either way, this aggressive little mouse was not getting out alive.

And Danika would have another head.

dandivider.png

armycodex.png

-SAMRON GERRON- General of Bone
144/144 Legionnaires

"Gerron you di'kute, what the shabla haran are you dini'la di'kute doing with these chaavla shabuire?" he demanded
"Kote? You son of a gun! We nearly rained hell down on you!" Samron replied before everything went south.

Not only was the worldship falling to its death, but the planet was being orbitally bombarded to hell and back while his men filed through the portal. This day was just getting better and better.
"Graves, concentrate fire on those little buggers! Give Kote and his men some cover!" the Falleen called to the Legate Hellion, who at least wasn't forever away from the portal.
"I'll be shooting friendlies though!" Graves yelled back.
"Just do it, Legate!"
"Yessir!" came the reply and soon enough the boom of the Particle Repeater could be head above the soft whirr of the Verpine weapons.

Luckily the Bone Company moved fast. It didn't take too long for the last lines to move through. At the end, it was just Samron and the Hellions that were waiting on the Strill Securities contingent to catch up.
"Kote! Mover your asses, man!" Samron called over to the associate to his Mistress' business interest.

Luckily the Mandalorians reached them quickly enough and started to file through.
"Let's go, Graves!" he called to the Legate.
Just then, a blinding light blitzed through the clouds before slamming into the ground quite a few miles away. Samron went cold. He knew what that was.
"Time's up, ladies! Pick up your walkers and jump in!" he yelled at the last few, shoving Mandalorian and Hellion alike into the portal with a sense of urgency before the laserbeam's shockwave reached them. Finally, it was him and Ruus left. Without ceremony, Samron frog-walked Kote through the portal with speed......

....and appeared in the hangar of the Fortuna. He distinctly heard the far off clashing hum of lightsabers on the ship.

"Chit." he said before looking at Kote.

dantemp.png

ChVAW7n.png

New_Sith_Order_Banner_Final.png

Objective: Operation Cinder
Affiliation: Brotherhood of the Maw
Engaging: Jhira Mereel Jhira Mereel

She had a lot to say - didn't she? The Sith Lord took note of that: a sign of her recovery speed, and how quickly she could delve into such a philosophical conversation. It made him wonder just how attuned to the Force she truly was; how deep the well of that untapped reservoir descended to. Despite his lack of immediate response, he took in everything that she said, studying it mentally. It was a display of her mentality: what she defined in this expansive Galaxy as righteous, and what she defined to be against common morale. He turned his gaze to the Loth wolf, which still stared her down like its next meal. He read into its thoughts - what was defined as thinking - to see if it felt another way about her. As much as it bore a frown to its fur, he sensed intrigue come from it as much as he felt its urge to want to subjugate her.

It helped him come to a decision about what promise was in her potential.

"War sometimes require sacrifice," he answered. "Your people were trying to send a message in destroying what you thought we hold sacred; now you know different. Now, you no longer hold in certainty what we value. What we are willing to let go." Tennacus shifted in his chair again. His hand waved in front of him, and the cage beside her whirred its hinges to retract the durasteel barring. The Loth wolf crept out, taking a seat at his side. His hand dropped down over its head, clawing his digits against the fur. "Would you like to know how we came about this creature? Darth Senthral Darth Senthral cut off its mother's head right in front of it, as it lay cupped against her stomach. The cub whelped, and it mourned, but it got over it. It no longer values those attachments. You may think us monsters for such actions, but I knew my Apprentice did what was necessary. It needed to learn to let go. Now, it is difficult to uncover what it finds value in. The next time it is put before an enemy, no one will be able to understand what makes it want to keep on going. The Jedi follow a similar path, and yet we are the ones who are considered heartless."

Tennacus folded his leg over the other. Her last question interested him deeply. She was studying him just as much as he was studying her. Impressive. "That would depend on your value," he answered bluntly. "We cannot continue to invest in the weak. The Rule of Two saw to remove any and all weaknesses when and where they arose; and in the end, it developed an Empire, from which we have stemmed so greatly from. But I believe my actions answered your question." His hands waved in a gesture towards her. "You are here - I saved you. You are not weak, but you are lost. Lost in the belief that you are right and we are wrong, and yet you are dependant on our very strain of the Force to survive. If you are truly destined to be the righteous warriors, then why is it that you are in that cage instead of me?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom