Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Work In Progress Okkeus’s Personal X-Wing "Thunderstruck"

219008f35490737fbb591ad560db5b71.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
STANDARD FEATURES
  • Standard Communications Array
  • Standard Deflector Shield Generator
  • Standard Hyperdrive
  • Standard Ion Engines
  • Standard Life Support Systems
  • Standard Navigational Systems
  • Standard Repulsorlift Engines
  • Standard Sensor Array
  • Standard Targeting Systems
  • Can Enter Atmosphere and Land
  • Can stick to surfaces (vertical, upside down, etc)
ADVANCED SYSTEMS

STRENGTHS
  • With an advanced engine, the Thunderstuck can easily outfly many of the fastest ships out there. With its lightweight design, the ship can make advanced maneuvers as well, all without needing to slow down. Plus, with the Kessel SLAM added as well, it makes it almost impossible to keep up with.
  • Adhesive landing gear allows for ship to land (almost) anywhere, meaning the ship can land in hidden locations better without chance of being spotted. This also allows for landing on the shells of large enemy ships, getting out of their turret fire.
  • Upgraded weapons systems make the Thunderstruck a fierce opponent durning battle. Some of the weapons are also rear and side facing, eliminating the common blind spot found on most starfighters.

WEAKNESSES:
  • Even though the ship has been upgraded with many new systems and technologies, it is still a very old model. The X-Wing is prone to breaking down and in need of constant repairs.
  • While the X-Wing does have a very fast hyperdrive, it still has some drawbacks from using it. The amount of power needed to power the hyperdrive requires either all weapons to shut down, all shields to shut down, or half of each to shut down.
  • The ship is still an X-Wing, which means that the back of the starship has the classic blindspot for this model. A read-facing gun has tried to counteract this, but it hasn’t done much.

DESCRIPTION
After Okkeus and Caden found two old and broke X-Wings at Caden's home, they decide to fix them up. Through lots of repairs and modifications they finally run. Between the two X-Wings each one has some special features. On Okkeus's, named 'Thunderstruck', is special adhesive attached to the landing gear. This allows the ship to practical stick to any surface, so it can land even vertically and upside down. When you press a button located on the ship's dash the adhesive will turn on? To take off all you have to do is press the button again. Since the adhesive will only be used for vertical and upside down type landings, just apply lots of thrust forward and the ship will unstick.

With both ships repaired, they now use them travel the galaxy as Master and Padawan. The X-Wing is also help run by Okkeus's astromech droid, Mouse. These two ships would provide transportation for these two across many adventures.

With Okkeus’s temporary leave from the Silver Jedi Order, he began modifiying the ship for more battle-heavy situations. Thunderstruck has now seen many battles, even being up close and personal with capital ships. Since Okkeus's allegiance once aligned with the New Imperial Order, and now the Galatic Alliance, the ship has gained even more tech to help with combat situations.

Now, Okkeus has outfitted part of the ship to be used for long-distance travel and exploration. Upgrading the sensors and trackers, the Thunderstruck is now a great small ship for travel across the galaxy.

Last edited:
Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei , I'll be your Factory Judge for this submission. This looks like it's actually a little bit underpowered, and we can raise up to three ratings. I'm going to give you some recommendations here in possibly how to use these extra ratings, but you don't have to use them like this if you don't want to.

Unique production limits the use to a single character; I'd recommend upping production to "Semi-unique". This will also allow you to get replacement ships of this same model if one of these ships is destroyed or damaged beyond repair. It will use up one rating though to do this.

There's a little discrepancy in the armament listing here:
Armament: Low
4 Laser Cannons
Standard Starfighter Weapons: Laser Cannons, Proton Torpedo Launchers

Does this ship have proton torpedo launchers like the classic X-wing? As a recommendation, I would recommend upping the armament to "average" and adding a pair of warhead launchers not only because they're canonically there, but they open up a lot of tactical options, especially the ability to attack capital ships and hard surface targets. The classic X-wings typically use MG7 Proton Torpedo Launchers if you're going for a classic feel. However, the M-g-2 General Purpose Warhead Launcher or a Flex tube proton torpedo launcher give you the ability to launch different types of warheads as well, which gives you more flexibility to use special payloads. Shadow bombs

Hyperdrive Class: Average | 2.0

This part of the template changed a little bit over a month ago to this:

• Hyperdrive: (Does this ship have a hyperdrive? Only choose yes or no. The lack of a hyperdrive may be included in the weaknesses of a submission.)
  • Hyperdrive Class: (If this ship has a hyperdrive how fast is it? The lower the number, the faster the ship is, you may choose decimals. Any speed below 1.0 requires the hyperdrive to be added to the ship’s strengths and accordingly balanced with weaknesses. Links: Hyperdrive, Hyperdrive Comparisons)

This may be another area to area to consider using a rating to get an unusually fast hyperdrive, especially if you plan on using these mostly as courier ships to travel the galaxy.
Can stick to surfaces (vertical, upside down, etc)

Are you thinking something magnetic like a magnetic coupler or a magnetic clamp? Or something else?

Booster Pod
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Flex_Tube_proton_torpedo_launcher/Legends
Can you tell me a little bit more about this? Is this something like a SLAM system or an ion afterburner?

Gir Quee Gir Quee I added to the weapons and I increased the hyperdrive speed.

The "sticky" landing gear I was talking about is something somewhat different then what you suggested. It is just an adhesive landing gear. No magnets, so that way it can "stick" to any surfaces, not just metal.

The Booster Pod I talked about is like the one attached to Black One, there just wasn't a Wookiepedia link for it.

Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei , could add something in there about how the landing gear uses adhesive? Does it have any particular way to 'unstick' itself when taking off?

From Poe Dameron's Improved X-wing:

The X-Wing (an Incom-FreiTek T-70, to be precise) has, according to Rian Johnson, been specially modified by Resistance engineers, with a temporary accelerator pod affixed to the aft section. According to The Last Jedi director, the pod, when primed, increases Dameron's speed, allowing him to outrun First Order cannon emplacements. It's just a temporary boost and will burn out quickly but it's enough to get beyond the barrage of turbo laser fire from First Order Star Destroyers such as the one depicted in the image.

I guess we call it a "temporary accelerator pod" and link it to that website.

It sounds like a version of the Sublight Acceleration Motor to me, but that's ultimately your call. What matters perhaps more is its actual effects. How much faster does it take this X-wing? And for how long?

Below is a list of all the changes made to this sub.

List of changes made:

Changed:

• Affiliation: ( Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei and Caden Evesa Caden Evesa to Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei )
  • Squadron Count: (Average | 12 to None)
  • Production: (Semi-Unique to Unique)
  • Image: ((x) to (x) with proper sources added)
  • Temporary Accelerator Pod: (30% Maximum Speed Increase for 10 seconds to 50% Maximum Speed Increase for 20 seconds)
  • Defenses: (Average to High)
  • Speed: (High to Very High)
  • Hyperdrive Class: (0.5 to 0.33)

Added:

• Description:
  • Added list of battles the ship has been in
  • Added more background on what the ship is used for now

Last edited:
PRE-FACTORY TEMPLATE
Submission Name: Okkeus’s Personal X-Wing “Thunderstruck”
Link to Submission: (x)
Reason for Pre-Factory Request: To give me something to work on over the shutdown. Also to fix some stuff I missed last time

Moved to pre-factory per OP request.

Please remember to include a list of changes made when you tag a member of factory staff to move the submission back to live judgement.

Time to finally finish this thing out.

Below is a list of all the changes made to this sub.

List of changes made:

Changed:

• Strengths and Weaknesses: To add more description onto them, and get into more detail
  • Maneuverability: High to Very High
  • Speed: Very High to Extreme
  • Link in items for the Temporary Accelerator Pod

Added:

• Subs/Items:
  • A whole mess of Canon items

• Description
  • Expanded more on the description of the ship
  • Added more of what the ship is being used for now

Removed:

• List of battles and services from description

Last edited:
HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei

Hello! I'll be your judge today!
  • First, you forgot to comply with John's request (please do so):
    Please remember to include a list of changes made when you tag a member of factory staff to move the submission back to live judgment.
  • Your ratings a bit underpowered (-1), if you want, you can edit this.
  • You need to link Caden Evesa's permission to use him as a manufacturer, please ask his permission or delete him from that field.
  • You can't use the Temporary Accelerator Pod with this link. You can only link equipment from the Chaos tech section, or official SW pages (starwars.com or wookieepedia). Please fix this.
  • And the Jumpmaster 0.11 Elite Hyperdrive. Please edit the template with what the policy requires in such cases
    Hyperdrive: (Does this ship have a hyperdrive? If this ship has a hyperdrive how fast is it? The lower the number, the faster the ship is, you may choose decimals. Any speed below 1.0 requires the hyperdrive to be added to the ship’s strengths and accordingly balanced with weaknesses. Links: Hyperdrive, Hyperdrive Comparisons)
That's all, please let me know if you edited these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom