Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship CNV-22 Accipiter-class Space Superiority Starfighter

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxresdefault_2.gif

C N V - 2 2
A C C I P I T E R
vOClyYK.png
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a next-generation starfighter for the Confederacy Armed Forces.
  • Image Source: x
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions:
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
STANDARD FEATURES
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
STRENGTHS
  • Space Superiority: The Accipiter features s-foils that can toggle either on flight mode or attack mode, boosting speed at the expense of maneuverability or maneuverability at the expense of speed.
  • Space Hawk: The Accipiter is suited for both dogfighting and anti-capital-ship warfare, and in addition to that has capable defensive systems that increases the survivability of the starfighter in tense situations.
  • Hyperdrive: The Accipiter has an extremely fast hyperdrive grade, increasing its range in combat and independence.
WEAKNESSES
  • Squadron Count: Squadrons of the Accipiter have lower ships-per-squadron than the average starfighter squadron, meaning that each ship is more valuable and losing a ship in battle is more consequential.
DESCRIPTION
The next generation of Starfighters, brought from the concept board to the forefront of production by the famous intragalactic starshipwright conglomerate Roble Manufacturing, the CNV-22 Accipiter-class Space Superiority Starfighter is designed to give the Confederacy of Independent Systems a cutting edge advantage when it comes to starfighter combat

The Confederacy is a long and storied practitioner in the art of emphasizing starfighter-centered tactics when it comes to naval combat. The classical Confederacy used swarms of droid starfighters to destroy capital ships, theorizing that while one might not be a significant threat, hundreds would be able to make enough cuts to challenge even the largest of capital ships. Those same tactics are used today by the modern Confederacy -- but in a rapidly-expanding technological golden age in the Galaxy, one must be able to respond and excel in every theater and situation if one is to succeed. So the Confederacy must not be able to only swarm their enemies, but excel in one-on-one dogfighting combat if needs be.

That is where the Accipiter-class comes into play.

The Accipiter is designed to be able to work around the clock, functioning in nearly any sort of role that a starfighter can be. It both excels in starfighter combat, with multiple countermeasures and anti-starfighter weaponry, and its flex-tube launcher allows the Accipiter to switch loadouts from anti-starfighter munitions to anti-capital ordnance, making it a deadly foe against even capital ships if needs be.

Using S-Foils a pilot within the Accipiter can toggle between flight and attack positions to modulate the acceleration and maneuverability capabilities of the starfighter. In standard or 'flight' position, with the tips of the s-foils folded inwards, the Accipiter has better acceleration but poorer maneuverability. However, in attack position with the tips of the s-foils folded outwards, the Accipiter gains better maneuverability capabilities at the expense of poorer acceleration. This allows the pilot to be able to modify the Accipiter's performance at a moment's notice to be able to better adapt to a situation, increasing the number of viable situations in which the Accipiter can function in.

Altogether? The starfighter is a next-generation model with applications varying far and wide. Though it has yet to be deployed, it will soon become a backbone of whatever navy it finds itself serving in, and will be feared by any opposition that would have the misfortune to fly against it.

Last edited:
Alban Roble Alban Roble

You've got quite the sleek X-Wing analogue here, I'll happily stamp it once you resolve the issues below.
  • Your image source seems to lead to another ship entirely; is this the one you're looking for?
  • Your manufacturer/affiliation leads to a seemingly random post in your marketplace - it should lead to your company listing.
  • This is totally, completely optional, but I noticed the Omvendt's link under Materials links to a post from the submission's review; obviously not a rules issue, I'm only mentioning it since I'm holding this up over the above and all the other links are nice and tidy. Do with it what you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom