Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech MXC-T26 Yggdrasil Cloaking Device

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxresdefault_2.gif

Y G G D R A S I L

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a field cloaking module for the closed-market.
  • Image Source: N/A
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Cloaking field conforms directly to a ship's hull rather than in a bubble around the ship.
  • Cloaking field stabilized, allowing a ship to jump in and revert out of hyperspace without decloaking.
  • Cloaks the gravitational signature of a ship and will counter gravitational pulls exerted by a ship's mass.
  • Cloaking Field will not inhibit sensors or jammers, and a ship can fire weapons while cloaked.
  • The Yggdrasil can be fitted on a ship of any size.
  • Utilizes synthetic stygium crystals and along with amplification sybarium crystals to create a cloaking field.
STRENGTHS
  • Stealth Flying: The Yggdrasil has the capability to completely cloak a ship from detection. It obstructs a ship from visual view and counters the inherent gravitational signatures and pulls that a ship would exert on objects around it. The Yggdrasil also allows a ship to jump into and revert from hyperspace, fire weapons, and all-around operate as normal without forcing it to decloak.
  • Modularity: The Yggdrasil can be modified to work on a ship of any size.
WEAKNESSES
  • Sensor Detection: The Yggdrasil has no sophisticated technology to prevent the detection of signals or things such as exhaust from detection.
  • Weapon Trails: The Yggdrasil can allow a ship to fire without decloaking, but doing so almost guarantees that ship giving away its position if an opponent is able to calculate the trajectory of the weapons fire. This increases even more with energy weapons or weapons that have larger visual/sensor signatures.
DESCRIPTION
The next evolution in cloaking technology.

The MXC-T26 Yggdrasil.

Roble Manufacturing's second iteration of a cloaking device, the Yggdrasil is designed to be a step up in every way from its predecessor, the Vidhar. The Yggdrasil has the capability to basically cloak a ship from visual and gravitational detection, creating a cloaking field that conforms exactly to the hull of a ship. This cloaking field has anti-gravitational pull countermeasures that effectively negates the gravitational pull a ship would naturally have on objects around it, effectively making it as if the ship is simply not there.

The Yggdrasil allows a ship to enter and revert from hyperspace, fire weapons, use sensors, scanners, transmitters, and all-around function normally without requiring the ship in question to uncloak. Although particularly the ability to fire weapons without decloaking was considered by research and development to be an ability that would leave a ship unchallenged in combat, they quickly came to the realization that the firing of weapons itself was a dead giveaway, either way, allowing opponents to easily calculate weapon trajectories, or in the case of weaponry such as energy weapons, simply look at where the discharge was coming from.

With it being able to be installed on any size of a starship, the Yggdrasil is destined to see heavy use as it is released. Altogether, the MXC-T26 Yggdrasil is an evolution in cloaking technology that will bring new change and strategies to the naval battlefield.

Last edited:
Alban Roble Alban Roble - While admirable that you're wanting to push the frontier, there is an item that needs to be addressed before I can begin my review in earnest. Although there aren't any rules regarding Fleet-wide Cloaking devices, because of the gross potential for abuse in Open Roleplay, an administrative decision has been made that they are not permitted within this iteration of the Factory.

So, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but this submission will have to have its capabilities pared back to cloak only a single vessel.

Alban Roble Alban Roble - As it has been a few days since you've reacted to my last reply, and as no edits have been made, may I ask for an update on this submission's status?

Would you like me to move this into this pre-factory, or archive this for you?

Just lemme know as soon as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom