Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship StealthX-I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt the Radar Tech

ꜰɪxɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ʀᴀᴅᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ sᴛᴜꜰꜰ
QGQy863.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To sub a modernized and upgraded StealthX model of X-Wing starfighter
  • Image Source: Artstation
  • Canon Link: StealthX
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Starfighter
  • Length: 12.5 meters
  • Width: 4 meters
  • Height: 3 meters
  • Armament: Average
    4 Laser Cannons
  • 2 Variable Warhead Launchers [AP, MP, SN, FM, AC, DB or ACM] (4 slot payload each)

[*]Defenses: Average
  • Deflector Shield Generator
  • Reinforced Hull

[*]Squadron Count: Average (12)
[*]Maneuverability Rating: High
[*]Speed Rating: Moderate
[*]Hyperdrive Class: Average (x1)
STANDARD FEATURES
Contains all standard components for a military-grade vessel, notably:

[*]Environmental Systems:

[*] Propulsion Systems:

[*]TibannaX Fusial Engines (4)
[*]Navigational Computer & Rubicon Systems
[*]HIMS
[*]Maneuvering Jets
[*]Repulsorlifts

[*]Sensor and Targeting Systems:

[*]Other Systems:

ADVANCED SYSTEMS
Strengths:
  • Stealth Mode: The StealthX-I like its predecessor is capable of remaining near-undetectable, using a vast array of stealth technology and deflecting arrays.
  • Fast, Nimble: The StealthX-I is outfitted for guerilla warfare, aimed at ambushing or spying, with a speed and vessel control to match.
  • Blackout Mode: The systems include a dual-function that allows the starfighter to either operate at full (and detectable) sensor/system usage, or remain in blackout (and undetectable) low power sensor/system usage modes.
Weaknesses:
  • Atmosphere: The StealthX-I's systems and stealth capabilities are largely effective in space, meaning atmospheric operations aren't as reliable for stealth.
  • Total Silence: Weapons fire, active targeting or comlink communications will give the StealthX-I's location away to enemies.
  • Not Invisible: The StealthX-I uses as much technology as possible to remain undetected, but it is still capable of being visually seen at close ranges.
  • No Redundancy: To make space for the extra assortment of systems, backup redundancies were removed, and damaged systems/components require repair to function again.
Description:
Based on the original StealthX starfighter, the StealthX-I features both model modernization and improvements, typically to the sensor packages and stealth capabilities. Making use of a range of anti-sensor components, including specialized fusial engines, hull coating and passive arrays concealed by deflective technology, the StealthX-I maintains a high level of silent operation. The hull polymer deflects a range of sensors, including magnetic, thermal and infrared, while the gravitic amplitude modulator allows avoidance by gravity-based scanners. The sensor arrays of the starfighter can be switched between standard or silent operation, typically the former for being engaged in combat and latter used for remaining undetected. And unlike its predecessor, the StealthX, this model boasts a more robust armament and defense package (though it certainly isn't its focus), while improving overall speed and maneuverability; so this allows it to also serve as a more direct combat vessel as needed, though the cost of maintaining StealthX-I starfighters is significantly higher than standard X-Wing types.

The engines used resemble the original StealthX, being fusial based TibannaX adjusted propulsion units. Utilizing photon absorbers and thermal dissipators, the engines can effectively run without heat, as the systems cycle generated gases and cool them before releasing into space. Due to the increased heat on most planets, when compared to space, this propulsion system isn't as effective and burns hotter with thermal buildup, increasing detection and targeting opportunities.

For all the stealth technology used, the starfighter can still be detected like any other if it begins using active targeting, weapons fire or comlink communications. Additionally being visually concealed is not the same as being invisible, and while the hull coating conceals from a range of visual spectrum sensors, a pair of eyes can still see it at close range like any other ship if being observed. Also, the lack of backup modules or systems, in order to maximize space requirements, means damaged components or systems require repair in order to function again.

So, with the StealthX-I being a highly specialized stealth ops vessel, it is perfectly suited to the needs of Wraith Squadron, who operate regularly on clandestine missions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom