Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Invasion No Quarter | NIO Invasion of TSE held Dantooine

The Inexhaustible

NIO Tags: Robogeber Robogeber | Var Koon | Josiah Navollius | Naier Rambeigh Naier Rambeigh
Allied Tags: Kyyrk Kyyrk | Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf | Kiff Brayde Kiff Brayde

"Prepare for Combat"

The Admiral's voice echoed through the bridge as he pressed the palms of his hands into his command char. The Bridge crew hushed to a deep silence as he rose, nodding to his second in command and proceeding to the holo-table which had been placed at the exact center of the command deck.

"All ships in position. Coordinates confirmed with Lady Raaf and Lord Commander Voph"

"Excellent" he brushed her off to the side as he activated the holo-table. In an instant, several triangular holographic images appered, all near exact replicas of the New Imperial fleet, all based off of probes which had observed them in prior combat. All except the dreadnought.

"Launch fighters" He ordered, pausing to study the tactical map before him. "Await further orders, dismissed Commodore"

InvasionDantooineEnclave.png

Writing With: Loske Treicolt Loske Treicolt , Maynard Treicolt Maynard Treicolt , Darth Daiara Darth Daiara
Equipment: Armour, Shotgun, Gas Grenades filled with Berserk, Sidearm 1, Sidearm 2, Sabre, Ion Paddle Beamer, Cryo-Ban Gun.

"So my day's been swell," Caoimhe had said. "Did some bungee jumping on Alderaan. Found the perfect spot."
Enyo's expression was impassive when she gazed into those brown eyes - the same eyes as hers, except they were truly organic, and not mechanical facsimiles. "Why would you do something so frivolous?"
"Because I felt like it. What's the point in life if you never take risks? Never push yourself?"

"There are less frivolous ways for you to hone your prowess." They had the same face, the same blood, the same DNA. The same template - Kerrigan. But that was where the similarity ended.
"If it makes you feel better Chiyoko and I also killed some pirates and took their lot. Chiyoko's crafty at sneaking around and offing people before they notice what's up."
"How is she?"
"Oh, you know - serious, uptight, big on stabbing things - like you. Except she goes on about truth and justice; you go on about duty, family and processing."
"Caoimhe," Enyo's tone was stern. Why did her sister have to be so...frustrating?

A sigh. "Look, we're ok, everyone's ok. And I'm sure you know this, even after I got rid of that tracking device on my ship. Don't think I haven't noticed the robo spooks you sent after us."
"They're for your own protection. The galaxy is a very dangerous place. There are many threats that will kill you without a second thought if your guard is not up."
"And we can handle ourselves, just fine."
"They're only supposed to intervene when you can't."

"You know the whole point of leaving the nest is to make your own choices and screwups."
"You are outside the nest. Those were the terms. You did not want to be involved in my enterprises. I respected that. The two of you were given a ship, and enough resources to get on your feet. Sometimes I give you jobs - only against deserving targets. You are free."
"And you're still snooping into our lives. You just can't give up control."
"It is my duty to protect you."
"And it's our life."
An awkward pause. "I won't bug your ship."
"I'll still double-check. Where are you anyway?"
"Dantooine. Working."
"Who are you killing this time? Jedi, Imps?"
"To be determined. Maybe both."

"You don't even need the Sith's creds. They're coming apart at the seams. The Empire's a sinking ship."
Enyo did not bother disagree because, truth be told, she did not care. She was indifferent to the Sith Empire's ideology, cause or leaders. Moreover, the cultist policies the Empire had recently introduced were illogical. "Yes, but one can still benefit from it while it goes down. It's a slow death."
"Sure the Imps are hiring, too. Is it true the Silvers are the Sith's buddies now? Or just propaganda? Didn't they, like, fight each other a few months back? Not that they've ever been the 'good guys', but this is a new low."

"It's true. These Jedi are not particularly proficient in warfare, so I doubt their utility. A few years ago, after that blunder on Mirial, they abandoned all their old worlds to the Sith's tyranny."
"Not mad about this after, you know?"
"Korriban?" Enyo finished for her. For a moment, the Terminatrix recalled her body being broken when it was lanced by hellfire raining down upon Korriban City. She tilted her head to the side and her eyes...her real eyes...flashed red through her organic ones. "It set me on the path of breaking our chains. Their folly helped make me." Our family is the only thing that matters. Then there was a jolt through Enyo's skull as her internal comlink was activated. "It's time."

"Well...have fun, I guess, sis. Maybe think about what I said. Tell the others hi from me." Enyo was about to cut communications when Caoimhe spoke again. "Look, sister, we got our issues. And you're a jerk...but take care of yourself, ok?"
"You, too. May the Force serve you well."
"Yeah, I love you, too."
Enyo cut the connection and Caoimhe's hologram flickered away. With that, whatever sentimentality or kind thoughts Enyo might have felt left her. There was only battle now. She departed the shuttle that had been docked in the hangar area of the Enclave. She slipped on her helmet and her armour enclosed around her.

Another chapter of the unending drama of galactic politics would unfold today. From afar, the thunder of explosions and the roar of engines could be heard. It went without saying that the enclave would be a target, along with the main settlements. Already, defenders were hastening to their positions to meet the invaders descending upon them from the sky.

A variety of emotions could be sensed from the various denizens of the structure - anger, fear, euphoria, hatred. Enyo felt...nothing. Jedi, Sith, Confederates, Imperials - they were just bad code. To Enyo, their conflicts only appeared as abstractions. Redundant reruns of a drama that had played out over the centuries in countless variations that ultimately led to the same inevitable outcome.

Spokes on a wheel that kept on turning, regardless of which power managed to attain a temporary ascendancy by painting a large portion of the map its colour. Enyo had no delusions about breaking the wheel - or care for the countless individuals who were crushed beneath it every day. She would outlast the players until someone killed her, the mad science that kept her brain alive in undeath finally stopped working or the universe died. Whichever came first.

Last edited:
InvasionDantooineGarangCity.png

Local Time: 0900 Hours Galactic Standard Time (approximately two hours before)
Equipment: Body/Suit/Sword, M-107 Anti-Material Rifle, M-18 Pit Viper, SYC Grenades, Ion Grenades, Flashbangs, DEX Satchel charges
Tags: Darth Prazutis Darth Prazutis

Aiden was sitting aboard the Gunship in the cargo hold, legs crossed as he cleared his mind of all thought. He focused on his breathes, just barely existing as Gia had taught him. In, hold, out. This journey had been long, and his travels had taken him across a large portion of known space. The bounty hunters chasing after him had made things interesting, if them literally showing up wherever he went and started shooting up places could be called that. To say we was unimpressed was the understatement of the millennium. Brutes the lot of them. However he didn't think about that now. His objective was close, and this invasion, most opportune if still a great misfortune. The NIO's brazen entrance into Sith space made the where's and when's of his target more predictable, as The Sith had to consider the new imperials a legitimate threat. And while Aiden might have agreed with their ideals of wiping the Sith off the map, their timing couldn't be worse. The Bryn were by the larger of all threats, and with the NIO's sudden appearance and cause for wanton destruction that threat would be made even more dangerous. Because it had been made quite clear that their advance would take a coordinated effort of peoples from all walks of life to end them. To annihilate their very existence. To stop the menace. Aiden shook the thoughts from his mind as he kept his eyes shut. In, and out. Breathe. This next part of his journey, his mission, was going to be supremely difficult. For everything Aiden had gone through, it all would pale in comparison to this. Infiltrating The Dire Wolves' home and only ship compared to this, would be child's play. Fending off bounty hunters and trying to survive while getting more fuel and all the resources he could, a paltry menial task. Even his training, his practice of martial arts, weapons craft, and mental strength would pale in comparison. Because he knew who his target was, the name and title anyways.

Darth Prazutis, Dark Lord of the Sith.

The name should strike fear into the hearts of any man, mortal or not. Rumors ran wild on him, ranging from things that people should expect from one such as him, to the wildly bizarre and outrageous. A man who excelled at intelligence and counter-intelligence, a exceptionally powerful Dark Lord, rivalled by only the strongest in The Sith Empire. A mountain of a problem, an exceedingly dangerous opponent, and essentially a Krayt Dragon of a warrior among seemingly Kath Hounds. Someone who even Death itself should fear. This was who Aiden sought to find. Who Aiden sought to confront on such an opportune moment during such a calamity. Who he had to be prepared to not only defend himself against, but also be prepared to fight should it come to it. He remembered what Gia had taught him. To keep his emotions in check. To seek peace, not violence. To defend yourself, only attacking if necessary. He needed to stick to the virtues he had learned from his adopted father, Sergei Jachovich, his caretakers and foster parents John Locke and Gianna Aegis. He would be pushed to the very limit in this battle, if not from physicality, then from the moral quandary posed by such a daunting task. He wished nothing more that he could simply find this man, and asked what he needed to know, and that be the end of it. That he wouldn't have to sneak into Sith Space in the middle of a war, hope to infiltrate to the ground and then track this man down on foot. That he wouldn't have to possibly even kill Imperials or Sith alike if they got in his way. The Confederacy had labelled him a fugitive. The men and women he used to call brothers and sisters, the very people who had initially raised the boy, now hunted him like an animal. The only two things he could trust, a droid who used to serve Sergei directly, and himself. Such a hopeless situation where only the deranged might seek success.

And yet the boy clung to hope.

He remembered Sergei's own teachings and wisdom imparted before he left him behind. To keep Aiden safe. To let the former child soldier try to live a normal life.

"It doesn't matter what is set up before you. It does not matter who or what is arrayed against you. It does not matter what is there to assist you. The only thing that matters, the one thing, when it comes to doing what you set your mind to, is your will to see it through. The will to act, to prepare, and drive on despite your failings and the odds against you. If you believe in yourself and want it bad enough, you'll be amazed at what you can accomplish. It is with this state of mind that you can not only do your best, but what is necessary to succeed,"

Sergei had looked death in the face on the regular and faced it down without a second thought. He'd done what most would consider was impossible. And of everything Aiden had learned, that singular principle was the most important. It's what drove him to go to school, to get an education, to get a doctorate in his secondary education to become a biomechanical engineering graduate. A former child soldier, a monster, now reformed and ready to go on to live a more relatively normal if successful life.

And now he was here. Throwing it all away on a quest for righteous vengeance. To avenge the fallen. To slay a great horror that had taken from him the most dear thing he'd ever known and had. To put it simply, Aiden let only one thing enter and stay in his mind while he meditated.

He had to win, in spite of everything he had to succeed. Failure, was unacceptable.

A short beep would announce the voice of John from the cockpit.

"We're getting ready to exit hyperspace kiddo, strap yourself in, this is gonna be a bumpy ride,"

*******​

Aiden cinched down the straps to all of his various armor pieces and weapons. A new sniper rifle that he'd managed to fix up and get ready for this incursion was now added to his back alongside his sword. His pistol holstered, his custom vibro-dagger sheathed, various grenades and munitions on bandoliers for ease of access and allowing him to maintain ease of movement. He thought about putting his gloves and boots on, but decided against it. They were only ever to cover up Aiden's cybernetics anyways, and this time he couldn't take any chances. This coming storm would demand everything of the boy, of that he was sure. Sergei's droid 'John', stood in front of him as always, making sure everything was properly attached. He would finally pass him his helmet and watch the boy put it on, seals engaging with a small pop and a hiss. Aiden would close his eye as he always did, and shut off his cybernetic one as he switched to the helmet's own sensors. The feeling of being able to see all around him was getting more easy to deal with, but still slightly upset him at first. John would speak as he finished doing final checks of Aiden.

"Looks like you're all set kid, you sure you don't want me to come down with you? You know my programming is based from the best fighter the galaxy has ever seen,"

Aiden would pause as he considered his reply and spoke evenly

"Which is why if I get into trouble and need help, I know you'll move mountains to get there. Keep the ship safe, and pray that for the first time that things go according to plan,"

"Firstly, I've the simulations which make that highly doubtful, secondly, kind of a droid so I don't really pray," John would quip back.

"Fair enough, I suppose you'll be waiting then?"

The droid would nod his response, Aiden accepting that as he turned about and started walking to the rear ramp of the ship. This gunship had been given CDF transponders since it was operating with them during its time with The Dire Wolves. Transponders that Aiden and John had neglected to change since it would be much easier to get into controlled airspace with them. This however would also give away exactly who was aboard if anyone bothered to check the records of galactic data, rather than just look at the affiliation of the vessel and assume it was friendly. He hoped that no-one would make this extremely complicated out the gate, as this was already next to if not beyond impossible. Aiden watched the altimeter in his HUD count down as they descended through the atmosphere of Dantooine, silently watching the numbers as he went through the plan again in his head. It was fool hardy to say the least. Hunt down and confront a Sith in the middle of a warzone, and hope he doesn't decide to smite you alongside the rest of the enemies here. And hopefully be as prepared as he could for such an eventuality. As they came over the city scape below them, Aiden would simply walk to the edge of the platform as he heard John call over comms.

"Be ready in three.... two... one... jump now!"

Aiden would simply lean off the edge and fall, tumbling gracefully through the air as he plummeted to the earth. He didn't have any chute, no jet pack, nothing to slow his fall as he fell to the ground. That wasn't to say he didn't have a plan. Aiden was still a graduate from a university in CIS Space, and one of his favorite subjects while in school was physics. He knew his terminal velocity, the level of deceleration his body could take, and the question before him was how to make the final deceleration acceptable so he could land safely. The answer was quite simple, as he now guided himself through the air using his body to sort of glide toward his intended target.

Increase his friction on the way down to slow down.

As Aiden fell he finally came alongside a high rise building in the city, and would simply reach out with his Phrik-A clawed hand, and rather forcefully attempt to catch a piece of it. When his claws began to scrape off the ferrocrete of this particular building, the deceleration was rather jarring, but was accomplishing what he needed. He was now upright as his fingers dug into the ferrocrete, dragging them through as he fell, rapidly slowing his progress to the ground as he made subtle adjustments to his grip to ensure he didn't slow down to much or too little. And then when he got to the final thirty feet of the fall, he simply let go and let his body go limp to absorb the remaining impact. And from the outside, it would look like a nasty fall as he crumpled to the ground. But as Aiden rolled dissipating the remainder of the kinetic energy carrying his body, he would silently thank the sturdy construction of the building. The first step of getting here had been accomplished, now onto the infinitely more difficult task at hand. To find a Dark Lord of the Sith, hopefully remain relatively undiscovered, and try to save as many lives as he could in the meantime. He picked himself up off the ground and dusted himself off. Hopefully he didn't have to do that again anytime soon. He would pull out his sniper rifle and remark that while to many it would seem crude to have a slug thrower such as this, Aiden couldn't help but admire the craftsmanship. If it was one thing Sergei and the 'Wolves knew, it was how to make extremely durable weapons that got the job done. Unlike much more fragile blasters and other nicer/more convenient weapons. He pulled out a magazine of Armor Piercing Incendiary Rounds and loaded the weapon, not chambering a round yet for safety. He could feel Sergei smiling on him for that part at least, not forgetting his training with various weapons and other things he and the Wolves had passed onto him. And with that, Aiden would start off at a brisk jog, picking a direction towards the center of the city as he moved.

It was time to locate a Sith Lord.

Aurelion's Lightsaber || Aurelion's Sith Armor

Darth Prazutis Darth Prazutis

Aurelion did not even try to answer the Dark Lord's question, instead he stood in his new armor though.... thinking that to himself felt wrong. He had not even donned the helmet yet and, instead, as the titanic form of Prazutis stood alongside his almost comically smaller frame, Aurelion cradled the helmet in his hands. Gazing into the soulless dark of the face-plate and grimacing softly at Prazutis' words. Could he say he had truly known war until now? He had been there on Rodia, but to call that knowing war felt like he was lying to himself, all he had done was attempt to ease the burdens and pain of the wounded. Doing that hardly made him a warrior in any sense of the word. No.

Instead where his mind truly went when thinking of war was the space over Yurb, of his friend Ura Iolar Ura Iolar and the devastation that had been wrought on her people, and the mental war he had experience against Seer Kalanthir Seer Kalanthir as the two forces of the Jedi and Brynadul fought for the fate of an entire world. Aurelion's fingers tightened around the helmet in his grasp ever so slightly, his emotions wavering and echoing in obvious distress through the force to the Dark Lord and he swallowed, thick and hard, before he closed his eye. He could still remember the taunts of that creature, of the endless blood-thirst and the cries for war down to the heart of their very being, that had felt like war. A personal war. A war of minds, and a war of hearts.

Even so, with uncertainty and doubt pouring off of him, he could not bring himself to answer the Dark Lord in the affirmative. Instead it was all he could do to raise his gaze out to the battle unfolding before them alongside Prazutis, his elongated ears twitching before drooping slowly, and he shook his head. The single, pale blue eye dropping to the mask again before he inhaled a deep breathe and answered softly "No. I haven't." While the Dark Lord no doubt intended otherwise, the words of solidarity and staunch defiance of the invaders were met with much less of a reaction from Aurelion than his simple question about war, and they did not inspire Prazutis' new apprentice. Instead Aurelion was left with a churning feeling in the pit of his stomach at the prospect of engaging someone physically, his sparring sessions with Juno and his close encounters on Tatooine the closest he had ever come to ever really being in combat.

Aurelion's eye closed, and he thought, was he about to admit to the Dark Lord of the Sith that he was afraid? That he didn't think he could take the life of someone else, even in his own defense? That seemed a more sure method of suicide than simply not defending himself, and so, Aurelion said nothing as he tucked the helmet under an arm. The Force was no longer an unresponsive, unreliable tempest with him, now that he was quite literally clad in darkness.... it's touch was calmer, colder and it whispered to him as he stared out with nothing but remorse over Garang, watching the fields burn, watching the homes be splintered apart like matchstick, watching the fields be torn apart as he murmured to Prazutis "They're coming to kill you. Specifically." For the first time Aurelion turned to look up into the face-mask of Prazutis' armor and his lips set into a straight-lined grimace "With both you and the Empress here, they'll want to kill or capture you both if they can. To break the spirit of resilience you've been building. Maybe even you more than her I just....." Aurelion lowered his gaze as the Force's whispers stopped, and his anxiety returned, as he shrugged his shoulders slightly. "...thought you should know."​

Last edited:
She really didn’t know what the hell the Concord was on about, but well, she moved here to support Coren Starchaser, and while she wasn’t a Jedi, she knew the benefit of helping the government. As an agent, she knew more than that, honestly. She had seen the public outcry, and saw the, highly expected, response from the Jedi Master when he was tasked with working with the Sith. But he also reached out to the others. Go, do what they could to help the Concord, and if possible, and if they were comfortable with it, help protect the galaxy.

That was why she was here, and her partner Cuan Kunn Cuan Kunn , was out in orbit flying a sortie until she called. The pair had gone halfs in on a Starbird, one of the ORC surplus models. He dropped her off here, not too far from the Temple. She had done her check in, waving her Concord badge. She was going to secure some of the systems ahead of the arrival of the Knights, or that was her goal at least.

Swapping to a channel for the Silver Concord. “So any of y’all out there on this channel. You sure we’re not getting ourselves into, oh I dunno, some trap?” Hopefully the Jedi knew enough, Silver Intelligence was assessing the system. Maybe there had been something trapped in at the top of the Concord? She wasn’t sure. Plugging into the Sith computers, she was given a map from her location to the exits but nothing else.

Now what? Wait?

Corso Rook

Other Space Kaiden

Better than other-other space Kaiden

Equipment:
Warrior's Skin
Graugothian Chain
The Inferno

Forces:
Graug Boyz

53mNkLU.png

Prelude

Death was not enough. No, this 'Shaper' would suffer. Be made to watch as his entrails were weaved into a dripping tapestry to decorate Vulcanus' Obsidian Throne. The Shaper would be raised from the edge of death again and again - limbs ripped from his body and regrown from the loose meat only so he would be made to relive the pain. The Chained Beast could envision it - smell the Sorcerer's bowls release in pain and he could hear his garbled screams.

Yes. The blood and terror would delight him so. And when the pyromancer grew weary of the incoherent mutterings The Shaper managed to rasp from toothless gums...then Vulcanus would give him permission to die.

Such was the fantasy occupying The Great Khaan's Mind every waking moment since his resurrection. The fantasy grew only more vivid when hordes of his people were packed into Sith ships and shuttled to Dantooine with himself in tow. Once again The Graug were beseeched to work in name of Sith. Only this time the hordes he were given had been twisted into puppets of Zambrano. Beasts that delighted in the task they'd been given to hallow the crystal tunnels of Dantooine.

Weakling runts who disgraced his species. He regularly slaughtered them in his rage - utilizing them as little more than vessels to unleash his hatred of The Shaper on. But then word of invasion came.

Vulcanus' bleeding gums curled into a smile at the thought. The first thing he did was send for his priests, who'd been sent to Gratos following the war against The Vong. Then he prepared for battle.

Not for the sake of Sith. No. He was preparing for something far more important.

The purging of weakness from his kind.

Present…

An icy claw sank deep into Vulcanus' chest as The Shaper spoke. With the vigor of a feral beast the invisible claw seemed to rip through every muscle and pull away every artery. Each cold word felt as if it threatened to rip The Graug's heart through his flesh.

Crimson ooze poured down the beast's tattered lips as his fangs gritted - puncturing necrotic gums and letting flow a tainted, black-red blood. He refused to bend or crumple before the lesser and so he allowed himself to tear at his own body. Letting the agony and rage fuel his resolve.

But he was silent as The Shaper's invisible leash pulled him towards the maw of the cavern. As The Shaper prattled on, Vulcanus' eyes fell upon the darkness that led to the underground - his sulfuric eyes watching as the shadows swayed and shifted beneath them.

Then the Shaper turned away and Vulcanus' deep, thunderous voice called after him.

"Yes, lesser...cower in your high walls with The Jedi. Enjoy the air in your lungs and the sound of your voice" turning a reptilian eye over shoulder the beast growled, "because when The Graug have finished your war - every breath will be a scream and your voice will be drowned in blood."

The pyromantic beast watched The Shaper and his guardians disappear deeper into The Enclave. No doubt to fornicate with the likes of Zambrano and their Jedi welp. If not for the chain binding him, Vulcanus would have burned all three of them for their weakness. To think he once considered himself among Sith number - but in truth he was not surprised.

Zambrano was always weak in will. To see him at the side of Jedi was nothing short of predictable. Weakness begets weakness.

The Great Khaan turned back to the shifting shadows and spat to them a command on his native tongue. Immediately two sets of fanged maws materialized from the darkness with thin, muscle wrapped bodies following behind them. The two Graug priests bowed, lanky arms stretched to the floor where they splayed out their clawed digits.

"My lord, the priesthood awaits your blessed command" they hissed in unison, forked tongue whipping the air "the horde hungers for the blood of your enemies."

Vulcanus shuttered the air with a rifled snort before stepping between the priests to give his command, "then they shall feast. Your God shall cull the weak from these beasts and allow only the strong to survive and fulfill The Great Plan."

The bowed priests looked to each other with questioning gazes, but neither dared question what the living God meant by The Great Plan.

"The Great Horde begins anew today - bathed in the blood of weaklings and lessers."

Stepping from between the priests, who rose from the dirt in his wake, Vulcanus descended into the caverns. The shadows parted as he approached, the darkness turning to a sea of dripping fangs and glowing eyes.

The Graug Horde had flooded the darkness and now, like a swarm of starving insects, they followed their God to feast...

68XtmLC.png

Last edited:

How did it come to this?

Never could he have ever thought to find himself in a situation this complicated. That he would willingly side with not only Sith, but with his greatest arch-nemesis since decades past, in a conflict he had no personal stake in. But these were desperate times, due to rising forces out of his or anyone else's control. The known galaxy was under threat of becoming extinct, wiped out at the hands of the Bryn'adhûl. The great galactic powers must stand together or risk losing everything everyone's ever known.

If even the Sith could realise this, how could these invading Imperials not? It was madness, that they would choose to march on their old enemies and divert manpower, resources, and attention to this one corner of the galaxy when so much was on the line. If only they, along with the Galactic Alliance, were to join the combined effort to fight back against the Bryn, the threat could be eliminated that much quicker. But it would seem the galaxy was to be forever cursed and bound by the unceasing machine of war, to the detriment of all.

No matter. What Thurion did now, on this day, he did for his people and homeworld. Not even his Jedi creed outweighed his sworn duty to Midvinter.

Even now he was surrounded by old enemies, all of whom likely wanted him dead or worse. None more so than the malevolent being at his side, Darth Carnifex. Kaine Zambrano. And yet, just as the Sith Lord had spent the majority of the lead-up to battle communing with the Force, Thurion was sitting next to his sworn enemy in a state of meditation, legs neatly tucked away underneath him.

Truly they represented the Yin and Yang of the Force; polar opposites, two halves of a single entity.

Being one of only a handful lightside presences on Dantooine, it took his every ability to merely maintain his composure in the face of such oppressive darkness surrounding him on all sides. It had not escaped his notice that at any moment the Sith may very well all turn on him, in which case he'd be trapped on a world at war with no means of escaping. Still, it had also failed to escape him that his mere presence was enough to keep his unconventional allies at a distance; to them, he was as a roaring beacon of light amidst a black void. As crippling to them as they were to him.

As the Dark Lord finally spoke, Thurion too opened his eyes and simultaniously stood, mirroring Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex .

"So long as you draw breath, Zambrano, so shall I. After all this time fighting each other, I have come to believe our fates are entwined. We are destined to perish at the hands of each other, so that the Force may maintain its balance. This is not our time."

Another Sith Lord entered their inner sanctum, reporting on defensive measures taken before addressing the Jedi Master. Thurion furrowed his brows and shook his head dismissively.

"I do not plan to return to Silver space after my work here is done, Shaper. I've already had to postpone my journey home on several occasions for one reason or another urgently demanding my presence. No, after this day is through I intend to return to Midvinter."

As Arctus Silmar Arctus Silmar turned and left the pair to make their final preparations, Thurion turned to Kaine with a defiant stare. He likely knew the Dark Lord of the Sith better than most still alive. He was not afraid.

"Just so we're clear on our agreement, Zambrano: I lend my services to the Empire this once, and in return the Sith never set foot on Midvinter. I am not here as a representative of the Silver Jedi, but as King."

Reaching for his crown, he placed it upon his head to frame his face between two wings designed to resemble those of a gryphon.

"That said, I cannot and will not draw my saber against another servant of the Light. I would sooner fall on their blade."

There was only so much he could stomach and still be able to live with himself.

Cormac Thire

C

dan2_obj3.png

P E N I T E N T
NEW IMPERIAL ORDER
SEVENTH FLEET | BATTLE GROUP 'MOTHERLAND'

F L A G // :
NIV Penitent | Pellaeon IV | 2000m [ 100 // 100 ]

BATTLECRUISERS //:
NIV Lateralus | Phaetra | 3000m [ 100 // 100 ]

DESTROYERS //:
NIV Arbiter...... | Pellaeon IV | 2000m [ 100 // 100 ]
NIV Stormbringer
. | Pellaeon IV | 2000m [ 100 // 100 ]

FRIGATES //:
NIV Bola One
.. | Vanto | 500m [ 100 // 100 ]
NIV Bola Two
.. | Vanto | 500m [ 100 // 100 ]
NIV Bola Three |
Vanto | 500m [ 100 // 100 ]
NIV Bola Four. |
Vanto | 500m [ 100 // 100 ]
NIV Pilam One
.. | Tirailleur | 500m [ 100 // 100 ]
NIV Pilam Two
.. | Tirailleur | 500m [ 100 // 100 ]
NIV Pilam Three |
Tirailleur | 500m [ 100 // 100 ]
NIV Pilam Four
. | Tirailleur | 500m [ 100 // 100 ]
NIV Pilam Five. |
NIV Pilam Six.. |
NIV Gladius One.. |
Cuirassier | 1000m [ 100 // 100 ]
NIV Gladius Two.. |
NIV Gladius Three |
NIV Gladius Four. |

CORVETTES //:
Several Squadrons | Caçadore
Several Squadrons | Gurkha
Several Squadrons | Vandal

STARFIGHTERS DEPLOYED //:
Several Wings | TIE/OT Outlander
Several Wings | TIE/HF Slasher
Several Wings | IPLT-01x Excursor Star Sloop
Several Wings | TIE/INx Interceptor
Several Wings | TIE/VX Vanguard
Several Wings | TIE/HB Bruiser Heavy Bomber
Several Wings | TIE/GA Mauler Ground Attack
zlAb5tH.png

BATTLE GROUP
"Motherland"
The Battle of Dantooine

N5cG5gd.png

COnoQMJ.jpg

THE VITAL SPIRIT

Fields of gold bathed in fire.

Blood red skies wrought by the horrid instruments of destruction.

Ship and banners of crimson, violet, silver and iron ablaze.

Just as it was in the prelude to any battle, any war...the victor was nebulous at best.​

Each of these Galactic powers could and would wield absolute destruction unto the other. On this humble world, there would be another exchange. A duel of fates. An Elder Compact, a coalition unthinkable would be here to stem the tide, to muster every fiber in eclipsing the Iron Sun. For all his years a sage of Baran Do, there was no foretelling who would win the day here, only that this cataclysm would rupture through the Galaxy in its shockwave.

"So much for those talks of peace, hm?" Var Koon's trusted confidant, Artor inquired to the Kel Door, the half smile painted across his lips spelling that he had all but shed the skin of the frightened green on Prefsbelt IV and Bastion.

"Peace is a lie...is what the Sith preach at the very least. It was an optimistic attempt by High Command, bide us time to consolidate our state...but there is no making peace with them. For whatever this supposed 'Elder Pact' might believe, it will only last until they've spent their own lives to eliminate the Sith's every threat, beating themselves on the gates of anguish and then they will be made the same as the United Clans of Mandalore was." Var Koon openly claims as he sets a clawed hand on the edge of the holo map, peering over the arena set out before them.

Then Rausgeber pinged their ship and gave his first word of command. To venture toward the starboard of the NIV Tregessar.

"Understood, Grand Admiral. Your will be done." And the commo closed with the stout wedge of Var Koon's group nestling toward the left side of the approaching dreadnought Tregessar.

"Move into position and launch our first wave of fighters, consolidate a group to run through their flagship once we're in sight of it." The Kel Dor admiral states coldly.

"Anticipating the Sith will bring the big boats, Admiral?" His helmsman inquired.

"They always do."
NIO7thFleetDivider.png

H A M M E R - S I X
Artem Strag
NEW IMPERIAL ORDER
181st STARFIGHTER GROUP
HAMMER SQUADRON
TIE/HF Slasher |
Flight Suit
N5cG5gd.png
Regulate.jpg

THE END IS NIGH
Those minutes after I'd fastened the flight suit over me save the helmet were agonizing. I just wanted to get behind the sticks and rip through the enemy again. That thundering rumble of the twin ion, the neon displays alight in front of me. Elysian. Then those damned alarms started blaring. Had I not been shivering in waiting of this great duel of the gods above Dantooine.

I rushed down the hall way, the leather boots padding against the slick durasteel ahead of me. It was time. Time for battle. Time to flip these aces high and wield fire on the enemy again. I whispered in my head, my flow of thought and internal monologue which areas of each of their biggest boats we'd likely to pinged to flare. Then I realized, everytime I was up to this antic, as soon as I got in the cockpit, none of it mattered anymore and my reliance on reflex, instinct, memory, experience, all of it took the sticks.

The technician gave me the thumbs up as the hatch pulled open with a hydraulic hiss and pulled myself down into the spherical canopy of the Slasher. As far as New Imperial TIEs were concerned, few packed a bigger punch, being able to rush all power into the turbolaser systems and reap death unto these larger destroyers, in a concentrated action? A Nova Flare? It spelled doom for the enemy and I was as eager as ever to fly.

The launch rack went dark save for the glaring crimson lights and once the command sounded out me and my unit slammed from the Pellaeon's deployment bay and into the void.

<"This is Hammer leader, all wings report in. Let's get a cruise going. Standing by for priority targets.">

Once it ascended to six, I rattled off my number as we came into formation.

I let off a hysterical laugh, to myself of course. It was just good to be flying again. And in an engagement of these implications? That chip of my shoulder and that 'had to be there' feeling of the rest of my squadron has they regaled over the battle of Bastion would finally be gone.

I'd be a made man.

Last edited by a moderator:

dan2_obj2.png

S U N S T R I D E R
NEW JEDI ORDER
JEDI-IMPERIAL JOINT STRIKE TEAM
Jedi Jumpsuit | Concord Brawn | Lightsaber

wsL0bBY.png

War, there were no words to describe Oceiros’ distaste for it. War was a catalyst. Through war tyrants expanded their rule. Through war families were left broken. Through war worlds found themselves brought low. Yet it was war that allowed those brave few to bring about change. To rid the galaxy of those that would see it destroyed. A true warrior didn’t fight because of what they hated, but for what they loved. Oceiros loved the Jedi that charged alongside and behind him. He loved the people of Dantooine. He loved his cousin. This love drove the Jedi, it is this that fueled the furnace within the epicanthix’s chest.

After Bastion the Jedi had resolved himself to never battle alongside the Imperials. He’d been there when Kyber Dark took place. He’d felt the Sith executed, and seen the depths of depravity the soldiers of the New Imperial Order would delve into in order to destroy their foes. Oceiros had spent months opposing them. Yinchor, Shili, and anywhere else the Jedi could he’d been a thorn in the New Imperial Order’s side.Yet there was another looming threat in the Sith that saw him thrust back into the fray alongside the Imperial Knights.

Sapphire eyes rising to the sanctuary of darkness that dominated the area, Oceiros felt time freeze. Everything began to fall to the wayside as reality itself fractured around the Jedi. All the splinters of reality forming into a single vision. A vision of a sitting figure, their form enshrouded with a malevolent aura. An aura that would bring question to even the most stalwart defenders of the light. It was this figure that the force revealed to the Jedi. Along the weylines of the force connected to the figure Oceiros could see so much more. He could see the genocides of numerous planets, he could feel the deranged and twisted torture that Carnifex had put others through. Most of all he saw the final moments of Arcanus Sunstrider.

Over and over again the vision played through Oceiros’ mind. One time, ten times, a hundred times he kept seeing Arcanus’ final stand against the malevolent entity that was Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex

“Incoming!” A voice called out, shocking the Jedi, snatching him back to the present.

Reality reformed around the Jedi as the earth detonated near him. Dirt and rock peppered the epicanthix, the Jedi’s ears ringing, blurred vision beginning to clear as he remembered where he was. Sweat beaded upon the Jedi’s brow, his breathing harsh from the vision he’d experienced. The cold grip of fear sunk its talons into Oceiros’ heart.

For days the force had shown Oceiros the face of that man. No, of that entity. Of that damned wraith. When the lights went out, when everything was quiet it was that figure that haunted Oceiros. It was destiny that had drawn Oceiros here on this day, and whether it be vengeance or death that awaited Oceiros it mattered not. He would march towards it, for that was the way of the Sunstriders.

One day each person would have to confront their own fears, come face to face with them. It was how they confronted those fears that determined how they lived their life. Whether they would roll over allowing it to rule their life, force them into hiding, cowering away. Or whether they would rise and cut through the veil that sought to weaken and hinder them. There was only one option for a Jedi.

Eyes shifting to meet the frosty gaze of the Lord Executor, Oceiros met it and what the other would see were flames of resolve. For the first time since entering the battlefield, Oceiros drew his lightsaber. From the silver hilt a cobalt blade extended.

Tags: Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex | Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield | Rurik Fel Rurik Fel

upUj3LT.png

FIRETEAM ARSENAL
4/4

NEW IMPERIAL ORDER
DANTOOINE
ALLIES | NIO | NJO | OPEN
ENEMIES | Ursula Vizla Ursula Vizla | TSE

YOU_IN_TROUBLE
N5cG5gd.png
4 HOURS BEFORE BREACH.

<"Daagh.">

<"Cleared for deployment. Standing by.">

<"Good. Marr?">

<"Rimora?">

Sorrin turned away from his squad, standing by for approval from the High Command. His squad was squared away, ready for action when it would eventually hit them. He had faith in his squadmates that they would be as sufficient in combat as they were in cleaning their weapons and preparing their gear. After his previous actions on Yinchorr and Ithor, Sorrin was promoted to Corporal, with new responsibilities to come with it. He had been preparing for this moment, and leading was a natural virtue that came to the Storm Commandos. The Lieutenant came by to inspect the squad, which they were approved and labeled as ready for deployment.

Always ready, always vigilant.

N5cG5gd.png

INVASION.

The raging explosions shook the ground they ran on. Quick turn left, then right again to avoid another explosion. A Sith Trooper came from behind, rifle raised and ready to shoot. Sorrin turned his back to meet him reaching for his sidearm before the body of the trooper was blown back and hit the ground with a thud. He looked up to his left, panting heavily. Rimora, the Private First Class, had saved his life. <"Rimora! DOWN!"> Sorrin yelled to his squadmates as he made his way towards a duracrete barrier. More deep breathes. His heart felt as if it was going to jump out of his chest. Deep breaths. Rimora pulled up right beside him and grabbed Meko's shoulders.

<"Focus, Corporal! Keep your head in the game!"> Rimora shouted at him, hitting the top of his helmet.

The Private was right, he needed to get back in the game. The Storm Commando grabbed the grip of his rifle, dust, and debris covering the attachments. The rest of Fireteam Arsenal finally caught up with the two Storm Commandos, all of them in decent condition. All that was left to do was follow the objective. The squad formed a small semi-circle around Meko. The leader always had a gameplan, and a gameplan he had.

<"Rimora, you're with me. Raagh, take your sniper to a roof close to this corner of the operating zone. Marr, you're spotter. Watch out for him. We'll meet with you soon. Don't get lost.">

Both teams split off. The map had been charted. They had been given direction and it was time to follow.

Get the job done.

dan2_obj1.png

THE_PRODIGAL_SON
NEW IMPERIAL ORDER
173rd. STORMTROOPER LEGION | THREE COMPANIES [ 600/600 ]
SPEARHEAD

KAL'ORITSOR | JEDI ARMOR
N5cG5gd.png

Z8bNSHQ.gif

WARNING FROM MY DEMONS

// INTRO //

Defiance.

It was the single forgiving word in the syntax of weaponry that had come as a result of each subsequent conflict against the Sith threat. Defiance won them the day, yet the caveat of destruction that beckoned the Order to their victory had long turned the prospect of victory bitter to the tongue. The liberated were left with nothing in the wake of the fires that engulfed their worlds. The use of scorched earth tactics as mandated by their cowardly Emperor would see their homes wrought into uninhabitable wastelands, leaving its inhabitants forced to seek refuge across the growing borders of the New Impeial Order.

Generations of compliance meant little to the very same government who claimed to hold any sort of moral high ground over the Defiance of the New Imperials. They were apostates; the undeniable threat to the way of life that had long benefited the corrupt autocracy that had long dominated their side of the galaxy. The New Imperials had long marked themselves as a different breed from the the colluding magocracies, who in a foolish attempt to halt the Iconoclastic beliefs of the order, had rushed to defend the very antithesis of a just and fair society.

Even when faced against untenable odds, the defiance of the New Imperial remained steadfast to press forwards, always forwards to their objective. The galaxy would need far more than what was offered to put a dent in their desire for not just victory, but for vengeance for all they've done to the denizens of the Order itself. It was a war, not just to exterminate the Sith, but to completely eradicate the way of the life of the Sith-Imperial from existence.

Defiance was the only thing the New Imperials had to offer to the Sith.

The rest was unequivocal sentences of death.

giphy.gif

OHElx7s.jpg

HELLBOY

Three companies.

That was all Lucien could spare after receiving notice of the Imperator's plans to remove the Sith infestation from his homeworld. It was a pittance in comparison to the full scope of the men under his command, but the threat of the foe across the borders had never died down in spite of the sporadic moments of peace that followed Bastion. Skirmishes and cross-border operations required the presence of the infamous Myrmidons more often than not; the pressure of the New Imperial threat needed to remain a constant to the minds of the Sith, after all. Three out of the dozens was all he'd be able to spare for Dantooine, but what few men he brought would suffice for the task at hand.

The 307th and supporting elements formed the spearhead of the Vanguard whils Task Force Axis served its own unique purpose in the operation to take the city by force. Sporadic engagements led to the full-on assault of Garang itself; Sith ordinance filling the void where cohorts of hardened Imperial veterans streamed forth to engage the defenders directly.

Staunch resistance to the New Imperial's efforts was being reported all across the frontlines. Barricaded positions required ordinance to bring them down, gun emplacements were pinning down advanced elements entirely, and reports were coming in regarding the Sith-Imperial's use of civilians as human shields. It was pathetic, but such was to be expected from the greatest threat to freedom in the galaxy.

From his position behind the frontlines, Luc bided his time, and by extension so did his companions. While Lyra focused her efforts with the overall spearhead itself, Luc was under no impression that his elites could remain as potent a force as they were if they were thrown directly at the enemy's initial defenses. Already there were numerous sitreps hounding their airwaves, reporting numerous dead and wounded among their ranks.

For those near the tip of the tendrils spearheading into the city, requests for reinforcements began flooding in; some were answered, whilst other cables disappeared entirely before they were answered. Much seemed up in the air, but one thing remained true as the state of the battle increased in intensity. Death reigned supreme, yet no matter the cost it would be the will of defiance that resided in their hearts would see them through to the end.

So much so had the intensity of the battle increased that Luc could not afford to sit still and wait for the right opportunity to strike. The sheer amount of death that followed their assault was weighing heavily on his mind, and judging from the faces of his companions, they too were feeling the same vibes as their commander.

Teeth gritted together as he pushed out of his chair, exiting the command tent ahead of the officers who followed out after him. All three companies awaited him in formation already, prompting a brief grin to his lips until his eyes settled towards Garang City. There they lingered, peering across the siege with intent, his earbead still being flooded with reports from up near the tip of the assault. Luc shut his eyes closed, switching his comms across from the shared frequency and over to his Legion's personal one instead.

He needed a few moments of silence, even if the exploding ordinance coming from the direction of the city would prove far too frequent to achieve it. Through the ambient noise of warfare and killing, he achieved a brief moment of tranquility; a moment to gather to his thoughts, before the storm began to unfold.

<"Commander-- The men are ready."> The Mandalorian who headed his command squad brought him back into the real, prompting his gaze to shift towards the Beskar-clad warrior. The scarred Beskar he donned had seen the man all the way through the initial conflict at Muunilinst, and forever served as a reminder of both his victories and mistakes throughout the Third-Imperial Civil War. Many good men had died to see the threat of the Sith removed from the borders of their worlds, and many more it seemed would follow.

Blue orbs shifted through the ranks of his assembled companions once more, an impassive set of eyes taking the time to stare into the blackened visors of the elite Stormtroopers and Mandalorians who formed the core of his Legion. His Myrmidons. There weren't any fluffy words or an adrenaline-filled rhetoric to accompany his men into battle this time. The odds were stacked against them once more, and even more-so this time around with the advent of Confederate and Concordian forces joining the Sith unlawfully in Dantooine's defense.

The idle hum of Luc's jetpack broke the silence.

"Good."

He replied to his second, a chorus of idle jetpacks joining the ambience of his own immediately after. Luc stepped forwards, leaping into the air with the assistance of the force before activating the jetpack's thrusters to carry his momentum forwards. His command squad followed up shortly behind him, then soon after the full might of his companions were following up in the skies as well. Thrusters were pushed to their limits as they assumed a massed diamond formation with Luc at the tip of the proverbial spear, jetting across the top of the frontlines until they reached the city itself.

"First company-- with me. Second and Third companies, break off to the adjacent sectors immediately. Avoid civilian collateral, but leave no Sith-Imperial standing if they present their arms in your direction."

Orders were given, and with it the Myrmidons descended upon Garang like the fallen angels they were. Humming vibroblades accompanied the high-speed dives that sent Luc and his Myrmidons on a trajectory for the improvised emplacements that lined the tops of Garang's buildings. Whereas they had previously served as kill boxes against the invading New Imperials, the Myrmidons' shock assault from above would rend these emplacements asunder, enveloping the defenders with a flurry of blades that left nothing alive in their wake.

When used in tandem with their air assault tactics, the process of clearing out the rooftops and upper levels of buildings would pave their way closer to the tip of the spear, Luc himself brandishing Kal'oritsor in all its glory, carving a path through Sith-Imperial barricades and personnel alike. High-intensity combat wrought the city of Garang in further death and destruction until the elements of the 173rd. under his command had reached the tip of the spear itself. The heaviest of resistance had been focalized right onto the vanguard elements of their assault, but his faith in Lyra's ability to push forwards had never been disappointed yet.

He dropped to the ground wtih a thud, deactivating his inertia dampeners as to not give the Sith-Imperials an easy target in mid-air. Landing upon one knee, he braced himself with the force as he balanced his sword across his shoulder. It wasn't hard to spot Lyra amidst the ranks of her Stormtroopers; her style of command made her stand out from the rest of the pack, and even if she managed to blend in, Luc was usually able to sense her out from the sea of helmet-clad troopers that flooded their AO in droves.

<"Myrmidons-- Take a breather."> Luc commanded, the bulk of his men taking cover on the rooftops they'd secured on the way to the very front of the spearhead. He made his way through the mass of troopers, occasionally shifting abruptly as he moved through covered positions to avoid the stray bolts coming their way.

<"Lyra, i've brought reinf--"> Luc switched over to their shared channel, his words coming to an abrupt halt as the bright glow of a bolt lit up his peripheral vision, forcing him to utilize his sword to block the shot from connecting with its target. The bolt skimmed across the blade, curving off towards the side until it grazed the side of his cheek. He winced from the pain, shifting in his stance to face an incoming volley of bolts that followed up with the first.

The trooper on the other end would not get a second opportunity on the Warlord; Kal'oritsor flowed through the air, guiding the bolts away from its intended target, then sending the last one directly towards the S-IMP who fired off their rifle at him in the first place. The bolt reversed back towards the trooper's helmet, right before the silhouette disappeared abruptly behind the barricades on the other side of the firing line. Luc stepped back behind the Stormtrooper's improvised line of cover, following the hints in the force that guided him towards his fellow Commander.

"Tch."

ALLIES | NIO | NJO | SOM | Jaeger Harrsk | Djorn Bline | Tyrell Paxxus | Lyra 'Sybila' Voikryt Lyra 'Sybila' Voikryt | Hunter Blackburn | Irveric Tavlar
ENEMIES | TSE | THE ELDER COMPACT | OPEN

Last edited:
InvasionDantooineSpace.png

TSE/CIS allies: Kyyrk Kyyrk Thaelius Thaelius Kiff Brayde Kiff Brayde Pravus Cruento Pravus Cruento
NIO Enemies: Robogeber Robogeber Var Koon Naier Rambeigh Naier Rambeigh Hiram Voss Hiram Voss Josiah Navollius

Beginning of the Invasion

While a warning had been issued by the New-Imperial Order ahead of what some had theorized was a likely invasion of the agriworld, the ships that consisted of the 4th Flotilla of the Sith Fifth Fleet had been refitting ordinance, taking on food supplies, and other essential components needs to keep the three Marr-II Star Destroyers and their accompanying four Harrower-class Cruisers on the frontlines of the border with the enemy. The majority of the crew had been granted shore leave during the loading process, as it had been projected to take at least 72 hours to finish resupply and refuel.

Many of those men and women had been trapped on the surface when the New-Imperial fleet had arrived in the system. Commander Lisot Gorola had pulled his ships back in the face of such firepower, even before the enemy had fired a shot. At the edge of the system, they had taken a head count and found they were severely lacking. At least they had plenty of supplies...

"We're slaving as many systems as we can to our bridge control, but it's not going to be nearly as efficient if we had a full crew," his bridge officer, a young man from Dromund Kalakar reported. The grizzled Gorola scowled as he looked over the readouts from his flotilla. Two of his cruisers were so understaffed all they had were their bridge crews and they were scrabbling to do the same as the Pride of Kaas was doing. The Spear of Ragnos and the Reclaimer at least had their full crews as they had finished their resupply. Still, it wasn't a good situation to be in at all.

"Admiral Ordo's forces have arrived in system," a sensor officer declared. Gorola nodded. That would help, but they would already see telemetry that an enemy force was moving to engage them even out this far from the planet. It would be a fighting advance to retake the ground he had been forced to give up. Lord Admiral Desser would not be pleased, but he was otherwise engaged on another part of the front.

"Are there any other fleets nearby?" he asked finally, setting his datapad down on the arm of his command chair.

"Lord Admiral Sentongo and Darth Arcanix are at Gravlex Med with the Seventh Fleet, maneuvers with our new allies or something like that," Senior Lieutenant Javid answered.

"Send a request for reinforcements to them, and hopefully we are still in one piece when they arrive," Gorola ordered. His right hand nodded and, admittedly it was called for, ran to get to their communications suite. It was an urgent situation, and he just recalled his response team to damages were also still in Garang City.

Present - Gravlex Med

"...and we are in urgent need, Lady Arcanix. We will not be able to last long," the senior lieutenant's hologram was stating. Taeli glanced over at the Korun female that was her loyal fleet admiral. The woman was grim, but that was not surprising considering the situation the Sith Empire was currently in. They had been mostly on the defensive this entire war and is was really starting to irritate the high command. They wanted to punch back, and with the Bryn'adul advancing on the other border, they were itching for some offensive actions. The new alliance would help with that certainly.

Forged to present a united front against the encroaching extra-galactic monsters, the defensive pact had included the provision that if one signatory was attacked, it would be considered an assault on all and they would respond in kind. She had hoped it would be enough of a deterrent for the New-Imperials to not resume their invasions until the Bryn'adul were wiped out, but alas... it seemed the galaxy was still as fractured as ever.

"The Seventh Fleet's Task Force 74 will redeploy to assist immediately, Lieutenant. Inform Commander Gorola we will be in system soon, and send as much data as you can about enemy composition and deployment," Sentongo replied. The lieutenant snapped a salute and his image disappeared. The Korun turned to her bridge officers, but they were already springing into action.

"We best let our allies know," she sighed. Taeli nodded.

Task Force 74 Composition:

"Get the fleet ready for the jump to hyperspace," she ordered, not that she needed to. The crews of the Seventh had been trained for this, had been in enough engagements to know. The Lord Admiral moved away, and Taeli turned the communication frequency to those of the allied vessels in system.

"Darth Voph, we are deploying the fleet to Dantooine. A distress signal has come through of an attack from the New-Imperials," she stated to her analogue with the Confederates. The Lord Commander of the Knights Obisidian was an interesting individual, and she was hoping to learn about the order and its practices, maybe even get some new techniques in her own arsenal. She loved to learn after all... but that was for another time.

"Assistance will be appreciated," she continued. Her Korun admiral held up two fingers. Two minutes until jump then. Data was pouring in from Gorola about the enemy formation and its composition. "I'm sending along data our forces in theater have obtained so you plan accordingly. We jump in two minutes."

"Not exactly the situation I thought we would be sharing our first battle," she added wryly.

Last edited:

Josiah Navollius

J
NIO Tags: Robogeber Robogeber Var Koon Naier Rambeigh Naier Rambeigh Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei Zrotâl Freeman Hiram Voss Hiram Voss
Sithy Tags: Thaelius Thaelius Kiff Brayde Kiff Brayde Kyyrk Kyyrk Pravus Cruento Pravus Cruento Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf
Fleet:
x4 Cuirassier
x2 Imperial-I Star Destroyer
x4 Tirailleur-Class
x10 Caçadores-Class

M5Vkhow.png

Standing in front of a mirror within in own private quarters. The person the he looked at was not Josiah Navollius. But rather a man shielded by the comfort of his own past. Glory. Covered in head to toe with a layers of armor. Complex slick designs. Patterns revealing past emblems of death and scars against durasteel and duraplast itself that seemed to etch themselves into the root of who this figure was. The mirror was not just a tool. It was a weapon, inside and behind a red visor the man sighed taking in memories. The traumas. The hurt. The lack. Midst the hum and faint ever encompassing sound of the Star destroyers engines continuing its push in the void of space. There was also distant alarms, men shouting and voices paging over intercom systems. The calm before the storm was only a phrase. A fairy tale to believe.

Life was always a war and the worst pains were nothing but fuel for a fire that could not die. And here and now was where he felt alive. Eyes were never taken away from the mirror and its bold truth it reflected. With a hiss the seal of a helmet was released and the helm was placed to rest between arm and cuirass of the mans body. Brown eyes peered in the reflection of the man taking in the visage of brown skin, some grown facial hair and sweat. Perspiration. Residue of a body under stress. It crawled around the brow and trickled down the side of the face. He uttered to himself something inaudible. From across the room his comm beeped and flashed. He was needed on the bridge.

They would have to wait. Helm no placed on the counter at his waist level, Josiah leaned forward probing his face. Gloved hands trailing the epidermis of the cheek, along the mandible and then placed back to his side. " This is not who I am." Again his hand rose and touched the flesh. This time more aggressive. Pinching the flesh till the sear of pain flashed white fire into the infinite roots and trails of his outer flesh. This mask he wore for all to see. The constant display and play of theater midst a sea of petty officers and soldiers.

Sickening.

In the end a grimace filled the stoic morose expression.
" Long live the New Imperial Order."

M5Vkhow.png

Meanwhile...

" We do not need to hear from the Moff to move the ships! Get a move on people! The Grand Admiral has sent us orders. Bring the fleet port side of his flagship! Now!" The shout into over head comms was unmistakable. A high ranking naval officer making demands. The many bodies that made up the fleet did as they were told. Slowly the fleet of a massed ships began to move into formation. " This is Captain Harris. Acknowledged, Grand admiral! Positioning port side."

Allies: CIS | TSE | Open
Dueling: Salvor King
Objective: Push back the invaders.
Gear: In signature.

Hours before the summit
They had business here. Not just the Sith Empire, but leaders and agents of the Confederacy and a few brave Jedi who saw a future endangered. A genocidal wave was sweeping through the southern reaches. It annihilated all that it washed over and left nothing alive, steady on its course to fill the galaxy with naught but duplicates of itself.

It was disgusting. It was terrifying. It was the Bryn'adûl.

It was all Cara had fixated on for the past months, evidence of the sleepless nights and growing disquiet on her face. In the way their presence consumed trillions did their plans consume her mind, the dunes of Ankhypt being the first time she had witnessed the fiends then made retreat.
Retreat. What a sour word. It twisted her gut as she slowed her pace, the worn dirt path beneath her feet sending up a soft cloud as she stopped. She raised her head, observing the lush fields which surrounded her on all sides. Only a few far-flung trees and the back road to Garang broke its golden horizon, and for a moment the doctor wondered if she dared take a moment to think of...nothing. Wheat was dipped in its graceful dance with the breeze, soon becoming a lively waltz as the wind rose. Cara clicked her tongue as the wind whipped her hair and she turned her head. Her gray metal fingers tried combing away the black strands to no avail, the short hair slipping away from the false grip of her hands. She continued down the old road at a slow pace before spying a large outbuilding. Turning in a half-circle she saw no other beings around, the activity in Garang taking some people's day while others were scattered in fields too large to meet another person by random chance. A quick glance at her wrist told her the time. She plucked the stray stalk of wheat that bumped at her leg then started toward the metal barn.

The barn's large door was already open by a narrow measure. With a wary lean Cara poked her head through the opening to glance at her left and right. It was cluttered to such a degree that only a hoarder could live comfortably, and certainly something did live there. Nothing organic of course, but excited electric synapses were talking to one another. It was an odd mix of technology that didn't quite fit in with the old farming and plowing equipment that sat dismantled and silent. She gripped the barn door and gave it a simple push, the force exerted enough to shove the rusting door flush into its pocket. Wheat kernels fell to the floor as Cara idly rubbed her thumb over them while she slipped around and under gutted tractor chassis and stacks of miscellaneous parts. It at first seemed a mess, but the further she traversed the maze patterns had begun to surface. Someone had sorted the varied pieces in a careful inventory and it was apparent this had been their trove. As Cara wandered through the sections she at last came upon the source of all the whispers. In a space (mostly) cleared sat an old B-14 airspeeder, and as she circled the craft Cara saw the kitbashing of materials pieced from what filled the barn. Surprised she gave an impressed chuckle, whoever having worked on the airspeeder going to great pains to make it look as sleek as it had centuries ago. No sooner had she reached to adjust a headlight did a hollow CLANG resound and she was hit from the side. She felt nothing, her arm having taken the blow, but she was sent back on her footing which quickly switched to a defensive stance as she threw out a hand. All she caught was the end of a metal pipe, the other end held by a young and wide-eyed Twi'lek. Taken back Cara paused, her face then switching to the cold professionalism she wore in public.

Cara's grip on the pipe waned and her hand slipped away, still outstretched, but the rest of her body resumed a relaxed pose. "That was unnecessary."

"Shut it sister, before I do something worse!" The Twi'lek waved the pipe menacingly, the aggressive action contrasting the waver in their voice.

"I beg your fethin' pardon?" Cara's hands went to her hips as she stood amazed. Her tone went sharp as she asked, "How old are you?"

What little bravado she had wilted with the demand, the Twi'lek lowering the pipe and slumping her shoulders, "Fifteen." Cara rose a hand to animate the lecture boiling in her thoughts, "Do you realize you could have..." but it quickly fell back to her side. She lowered her head, giving her temple a rough rub as she sighed, "Of course you do. You had every right. I'm sorry. It was my fault for waltzing in here like a--"

"Nosey grandma?"

Feeling awkward Cara backed another step, a muffled bump sounding as she hit the airspeeder. "Watch it!" The Twi'lek squeaked before rushing over and shoving Cara out of her way. "Ugh, I just buffed this panel!"

Cara glared at the girl, "I doubt my trousers did any damage to steel."

She gestures to the speeder's door, "So?? Whatever's on those arms could be on your butt too for all I know!"

Cara's face flushed with a mix of indignation and embarrassment as she waved away the insult, "It does no-" with a frustrated grunt Cara put her face in her hand, "First of all, you're impertinent. Second, where are your parents?"

The girl rolled her eyes, "They're shopping. And I ain't rude, lady. I'm busy, and you're gumming up the works." She tossed the pipe into a pile then squat down to sort through a dull red toolbox. Cara watched, the professional facade having fallen in favor of curiosity. She eyed the airspeeder and, without touching, traced its outline, "You put this together?"

With a hum the Twi'lek looked up and nodded, "Yeah. It's being a pain though with the right engine. Ain't a converter anywhere the right size," she tossed a long-deceased insect from the toolbox, "And don't get me started on the fuel atomizer." The girl's attitude had completely changed, now in the zone of discussion and feeling in charge.

Impressed and a bit shocked, Cara glanced from her then to the airspeeder. She nodded silently, taking in the work with a new sense of appreciation. "Well yes. You won't find those anywhere except for a museum or junk planet. However... Might I make a suggestion?" The girl quirked her head, giving Cara a face that read she wasn't entirely against a helping hand.

Present

"Hit the juice!" Shaw's lekku bounced as she hopped off the B-14's chassis. Cara held a power cable in each hand as she kicked the heavy switch of the generator. She closed her eyes, took a breath, then slammed the cables together. They exploded in a white shower of sparks, throwing her back into a barn wall where a shelf collapsed into her lap. The power surge shot through the MacGyver'ed parts in the right engine and the antique beast choked, sputtered, then roared to life for the first time in centuries. Shaw hollered a wild cheer, the young Twi'lek practically dancing with the welding torch in hand.

"Ha!" Cara swatted away the spill of nails on her lap while tossing the shelf aside, "Listen to that. Pure music."

"You were right about that distributor!" Shaw pulled at Cara's arm in some effort to help the engineer to her feet.

Cara brushed off her pants though the grave amount of stains and dirt were there to stay. She nodded then gave Shaw's shoulder a light tap with her fist, "Yes but you were the one who pulled the initiative with that double copper plating around that coupling. Fed that excess power right where--"

Outside the barn there was shouting, two voices pleading for an answer. Shaw ran past Cara and to the barn entrance, only to be quickly swept up in a man's embrace The male Twi'lek's voice was tight with worry, "There you are! Come on, we have to go. Now."

Cara emerged from the maze with a look which advertised her readiness to fight. Seeing only a male and female Twi'lek along with Shaw her face softened, but the anxiety in their postures was loud and clear.

"What's going on?"

The mother turned toward Cara with a bewildered stare then shook her head, gathering the words, "In town. We just received the news. We're being invaded! They've given us so little time--"

"We're headed to the bunkers,"
the father spoke up, "Whoever the hell you are, you should come to."

Cara felt her stomach hit the floor. She already knew. "They. Who's they?"

"Those bastards--"

"Dan, language!"

"Those traitors, the new imps."

Servos whirred hard as her fists clenched. No more words were needed. Cara bolted from the outbuilding, back down the path which had brought her an unexpected time of respite. With each thundering footfall she stepped back into a realm of chaos. The galaxy. The Bryn. The traitors. All of it submerged her mind in the perils of the galactic theater. How could she have escaped it in the first place?

Nearing the city of Garang was entering crowds of troops and civilians all buzzing to head to stations best for them. Cara was met at gunpoint in level -1 of Libra Gold and it wasn't until then she realized her haggard state of dress. Her jacket and its insignias were left behind and the grease that streaked her face confused facial recognition software. After finally proving herself she entered the comms tower of Libra Gold.

The north-eastern entity of the New Imperial Order had brushed aside alarms of the southern threat, themselves not having to witness entire worlds extinguished then made writhing with hoards of Drael. From a bitter thorn in her soul Cara mused that they must have rejoiced to hear news of the slaughter wrought by the Bryn. So they were here, now, seeking to dismantle the chance to resist and defeat the terror which devoured without bias. Of course.

They didn't care. Their lives weren't at stake. They were the New Imperial Order.

Cara merely shook her head, angry at herself for allowing the slip of time. Given a Libra Gold mechanic's jacket Cara then slipped past a squad headed by the familiar face of Luna Terrik Luna Terrik , though her eyes didn't stay long on the woman. The doctor then left the base, hitching a ride on a troop transport headed deeper in the city.

Last edited:
if they're watching anyways
redthreads_2.png

hJJw3Ng.png

Garang Outskirts | Joycelyn Zambrano Joycelyn Zambrano Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Sor-Jan Xantha Sor-Jan Xantha | Field Hospital | Open

“I will defy the Sith until my dying breath,” he wheezed. “My life for the Order! I-”

“Please stop,” she said. “You don’t need to do that, you’re not going to die-”

“If I die for the Order then it is a worthy end!”

“I’m serious. You’re going to be fine.” She took a deep breath, summoning some invisible energy and channeling it through her hands. The green glow enveloped the bloody wound in his side, the dark red framed by the cracked white armor he wore. The stormtrooper stuttered and coughed. Soon he calmed as the pain was washed away. She removed her hands, revealing the now-healed skin. There wasn’t any scarring, not that he could see.

He grunted, touching the spot where the rod had pierced him. When the building had collapsed he’d thought that was the end, but somehow he’d stayed alive, given time to think and wallow in the pain. He didn’t think anyone would find him; his helmet had been broken and the IFF signal went out. The New Imperial Order had better things to do. It was the risk he’d signed up for.

Then the debris was lifted and he could see the sky again. A woman in a jumpsuit approached -- definitely not a soldier. She clearly wasn’t dressed for combat but she moved with purpose. To help him. But why? He started yelling. It was meant to be the end. The war of defiance was not something he could contribute to without being defiant. To the Sith. To death.

And now he was healed. Energized, almost, though his side still twinged with pain. But all he could think about was how silly he must’ve sounded. He didn’t know why he’d done that. He’d just been ready to die at that point. Yet he lived on, saved by a girl he did not know. Ashamed, he looked at the ground. “Thank you-”

“Save that, too,” she said. “For when you get out of the city.”

She went on to remove his shattered armor. A little more shifting of the debris and she helped him to his feet. His body was still sore; the wound might’ve healed but it felt weird to put pressure on it. He didn’t know, he wasn’t a doctor. Maybe the girl was. It seemed she knew that he’d have trouble -- she supported him, helping him out of the ruined building.

He squinted, looking around. Before he could even ask she answered.

“The front’s moved a few blocks down. Your comrades are doing just fine.”

“We’re still only at the outskirts, though.”

“That’s a good thing. You’re closer to the field hospital.” She smiled, one of those rare smiles that could add color to the world. The warmth and energy about her was almost radiant. He found himself smiling back. She stopped supporting him. He walked on his own beside her.

Not that much further they arrived at a small speeder truck. Others dressed in the same jumpsuits helped him inside. He sat next to a little boy, one who seemed far too calm for a city under siege; the boy picked his nose idly. Right as the truck started moving he pulled a glob of green goo the size of his nail out.

He looked out of the back of the truck. The girl locked eyes with him one last time and she smiled again. He smiled back. And he knew he’d be alright.

hJJw3Ng.png

As morbid as it was, she was enjoying the work.

It was almost a breath of fresh air from the fighting and conflict. Almost. There was still fighting and conflict. If there wasn’t, she wouldn’t be doing what she was doing, so ideally she wouldn’t be doing anything, but the galaxy was rarely ideal.

She didn’t want war, she didn’t want Jedi going into battle, but this was a good compromise -- as telling as it was that the majority of the New Jedi on Dantooine were accompanying Ryv instead of her. As much as she wanted to guide the Jedi, she had to admit she was becoming used to doing things on her own. The few padawans and knights who had come with her were doing good work at the field hospital. She was free to scour the streets for civilians and wounded soldiers.

So, scour she did. The young Jedi slipped through the streets of Garang; any other day she might’ve moved slower, taken in the intricacies of the somewhat simplified colonial architecture and compared how the style had changed with the rule of the Sith. But the Force pushed her forward, empowering her to move faster, to find the next person.

The next person was only vaguely similar to the last; he lay crumpled in the ruins of a building, his armor broken, his wounds clear. But his armor was the Sith’s black, not the stark stormtrooper white. The debris had crushed both his legs. Defiance had fled him; he did not yell as she approached.

“You’re a Jedi.” He had a farmer’s drawl; a local, definitely.

She nodded. The war suddenly seemed far away, as if the fallen walls still held some way to keep the rest of the world out. “I’m here to help. There’s a field hospital at the edge of the city.”

She stood a few feet away and raised her hands, summoning that familiar Force and lifting the debris that he was trapped under. It was worse than she’d thought; the armor had been crushed almost completely and his legs were twisted and bent.

“This is the first time I’ve met a Jedi who wasn’t ready to kill me,” he said. “Though, I guess with a few of the Silvers here, might not be the last.”

A sad smile crossed her face. She shook it away and knelt by his crippled legs. Deep breath; in through the nose, to the lungs, into the heart, flowing out. The green glow surrounded her hands once more. The pieces of his armor fell away as his legs were set back into place. “Well, there are a number of Jedi back at the field hospital that I’m sure are excited to meet you.”

He seemed to accept the situation, letting out a groan as the pain washed away. He took his helmet off to look her in the eyes -- his were old, wizened; his face tanned from days in the fields, his hair short, mustache scruffy.

“You don’t have a lightsaber,” he said.

“I try to avoid situations where I’d need one.”

He paused. She kept her focus on restoring his legs so he could walk, but she sensed that he was sizing her up. For a moment she worried that he might attack her.

“Well,” he said, “It’d be better if you did have one, because I have something to ask of you, and it’s dangerous.”

Those worries disappeared. She looked at him. “What is it?”

“There’s an orphanage. Opened not too long ago, closer to the city center, Imperial Dawn Domicile or whatever it is. Those kids, they- they don’t deserve this. Can’t believe they didn’t evacuate.”

She nodded. There was a pause -- she knew he had more to say. Though he looked away, he spoke again and gave his story.

“My grandson. Parents -- they were out, one of the battles, got caught in the crossfire. I don’t know what they were doing, but all of a sudden the kid was alone. My farm… harvest’s been bad. Some people say it’s bad luck because of the N-I-O, but the harvest was just bad. Couldn’t provide for him so I put him in the system. They were looking for volunteers, and I thought, I could get some better money here to leave him when I kick it. Maybe a little resentment for the New Imps, too, but I don’t care about that no more. I just want to see him safe.”

She nodded again. The glow faded from her hands. Bones were always difficult to mend. Nerves were always difficult to recover with. She gave his kneecap a tap. “Can you feel that?”

He nodded, pulling his leg back to his chest and beginning to stand. It was then that he realized the legs he was standing on needed a little time to adjust. She caught him before he fell, supporting him as they navigated their way through the rubble.

“You’re probably hungry. They’ve got ration bars back at the camp, and more healers to check on your legs. I’m sure the bones are still a little weak.”

“Ah, I’ll just drink some milk, rest in bed a while,” he said, giving a small chuckle. “Your space magic does wonders, miss.”

They walked back a few blocks, once more finding a small hovertruck tucked away in an alley. By then he was able to walk on his own, the tingling in his legs having begun to subside.

“So, ah-”

“I’ll find your grandson,” she said. “And all the others. I’ll do everything I can to make sure they’re safe. I promise.”

He stared at her for a long few moments, then smiled. “Thank you… what’s-”

“Auteme.” She smiled back.

“I’m Kavo. Thank you.”

He bowed his head. She bowed hers. He boarded the truck. She turned away, pulling a few little droids from her bag. The truck left. She left.

Auteme tapped the comms unit on her belt as she started back into the city. <<"This is Auteme. I’m headed deeper into the city -- keep working, helping the wounded, and protect the hospital. I’ll be back in no time.”>>

Perhaps it wasn’t the time to do something like this alone. Yet, she had a sinking feeling that she wouldn’t be.

The Jedi set off in search of the orphanage. She had a promise to keep.

dan2_obj2.png

S H A D O W
GALACTIC ALLIANCE
NEW JEDI ORDER
wsL0bBY.png

MOSHED-2020-11-27-19-23-46.gif

Won't you feel bad while you're trashing out?

NIO Custody
Days prior to Dantioonefall
Other PC dialogue written with direct consultation from their respective writer.

Zaavik sucked in air through gritted teeth. The sharp hissing sound was accompanied by a tight grimace. The medical droid poked the field-cauterizer onto his already cauterized stump of a forearm. The tool stung every missed patch shut with spilt-second excruciating singes. Somehow he found the quick stroke of Dorian Sicarrio Dorian Sicarrio 's lightsaber preferable to this slow prodding and stinging.

It was hard not to wonder why they even bothered. What point was there giving someone who was basically a war prisoner a new limb? On the other hand, he wasn't going to complain about it, either. Better than a stump. A second 2-1B droid came forward with the metallic apparatus and sat it on the surface just in front of his wound. The pair of droids hunched over and began to fit the prosthetic over his forearm.

Zaavik gritted his teeth and grunted as the synth-net neural interface was shoved past the burns and connected to the living, functional flesh beneath. The light anesthesia might as well not have existed. As the initial burst of pain subsided, he began to feel the vague sensation of having a hand again. He tried to move his fingers, causing the prosthetic extremities to twitch and make hushed mechanical flexing sounds.

"Please remain still," one of the medical droids insisted in the soft monotone of its vocoder.

"Yeah, yeah," Zaavik dismissed before hissing again as more sharp singes assaulted his senses. "Easy," he insisted with a pain laced snap towards the pair of droids. As expected, they didn't really heed him. Maybe these droids were programmed to be colder than usual, who knows? It'd be another half hour or so of wordless medical work and sudden pains before they were finished with him.

The door to the cell slid open to reveal a single stormtrooper. The dead-eyed gaze of the visor stared the Padawan down as the two medical droids hobbled out of the room. The image of the trooper lingered before the door slid closed and locked into place once again. Zaavik looked down at his new arm and hand replacement, moving the fingers and rotating the wrist curiously. Still, he questions the motives of the New Imperials for this 'gift'.

"They send a boy, imagine, Knight Sicarrio that I saw you fit to slay one of their masters. Irresponsible. Undisciplined. See to it that he is defeated and captured, Knight."

He scowled. Maybe the Executor had some kind of plan to turn him into one of the boys in white? Not ideal, but it sure beat the hell out of an execution.

"Careful," Allyson Locke Allyson Locke 's voice broke the silence. She'd remained quietly in her respective corner of the cell during the procedure. Not like they'd spoken since they were brought in anyway. "If you don't take it slow it'll unsync. They'll have to redo it."

Zaavik clenched his new metallic fist just in time for her to gently maneuver it back down onto the surface. He kept his eyes down, sporting a tight and unwelcoming expression. He'd practically forgotten she was there while the hand was fitted, and currently, he preferred to fall back into that reality denial.

"I'm sorry," she apologized after a preceding silence between the two.

He tried to ignore that, but a concession came in a matter of seconds. "Don't be sorry," he replied. "It's not your fault. We both know trying to wack Fel with a sniper was going to be hit or miss." Aside from the literal sense, that was. Then again, technically, she had missed. But so had he. If two strikes hadn't been enough, he had to go and get his hand sliced off too. Arguably it was more his fault than anything.

"I should've refused to bring you along-"

"It was a collective fuckup," he interjected. With his objection, he finally glanced up in her direction. Ouch. They really had done a number on her, hadn't they? Blackened eye nearly swollen shut. Cut lip. Bruise after bruise across the sides of the face. They'd hardly laid a finger on him, however. Maybe they thought dismemberment was enough. That, or they had her pegged for a Sith sympathizer after the deep cover and failed assassination debacle. Zaavik frowned.

"Don't worry about it," he insisted reassuringly after a hard scan of the damage. He managed to press a small smile forward, though it probably wasn't the most convincing.

Then came another silence between them. Allyson sat up onto a portable medical surface opposite of the one that rested his hand. Zaavik felt something dab against his temple after a long collection of dull moments. Allyson rubbed gauze against the cut over his temple that had begun to bleed again. Zaavik pulled away from the almost motherly gesture. He wiped the back of his hand against the cut, covering his wrist in a smear of blood as he defiantly tended to himself in a crude fashion.

"Stop it, let me at least look after you. You're not alone like you were on Zeltros - we're going to get out of here. I'm not leaving you behind, not ever again," she assured.

Zaavik didn't object this time. Though any concession for tending wasn't anything less than begrudging.

"We're going to get out of this."

"I know."

If ever there was a pair capable of such an escape, it was the two of them.

MOSHED-2020-11-13-21-31-24.gif

Into The Heart of the Enemy

Present Time
Dantooine

Yet, it was Ryv Ryv who got them out of their shared hole. With the condition of a frontline position on Dantooine, of course. And so it was, and here he was. The New Jedi Order and recent allies together in tight formation against the wave of legionnaires that stood between them and their objective.

"Put them to the sword. And don't stop until every single one of them is dead."

So it would be. The Jedi came, they saw, and the sith would be conquered. An assaulting barrage of blaster fire dampened against the collective wall of plasmatic flourishes. Zaavik stroked against every precognitive pang that assaulted his senses. The scent of ozone and tibanna was thick on the air like must in a Zeltros brothel. Four legionnaires fell to their own blasters as Zaavik returned their assaults with deft strikes against the condensed gases that tore through the air.

Their advance was a slow, but graceful dance. Footwork begot an impeded advance, but it was a persistent push nonetheless. Artillery fire broke holes in the formation as the collection of Jedi dodged any which way, or were obliterated on the spot. Every hole closed even before the dust of every turbolaser cleared. The blob slowly grew smaller, but its forward insistence did not waver.

Something tugged at Zaavik's gaze. His head snapped to his right, leading his eyes to detect the oncoming calvary of speeders that careened for their lines. "Speeders!" Zaavik shouted as loud as his lungs would allow. Almost as soon as he'd acknowledged them, the swift warbikes were in firing distance. Flanked, the focus for deflection was not split front and left. Front and right for others. All sides for the especially unlucky.

The first of the cavalry legionnaires broke the line, weaving through the web of Jedi and firing deep into the core of the formation. Then came more. Zaavik flicked a switch, sending the second of his verdant blades from the opposite side of his hilt. One, two, three heavy blaster bolts deflected as the bikes tore past him. His ears began to ring from the constant roar of the repulsor engines soaring around him.

It wasn't long before the speeders snaked around the formation erratically. Chaos ensued within the Jedi ranks as the slippery assailants swarmed like bees descending a hill of ants. Jedi in the front began to fall to legionnaire front-fire, unable to fend off all sides at once. Zaavik danced, swung, string, and dived in a desperate effort to remain living. Bolts flew uncomfortably close. One only missing by the gap between his arm and torso.

A speeder flew past, colliding with the Knight to his left. A horrible bone-on-metal crunch preceeded the fade of that particular repulsor engine into the distance. Zaavik had dived to the ground just in time to not share the collision. He crawled forward towards the Knight. Mangled in an instant, the Bothan looked more like roadkill than a Jedi. Morbidly fitting for the fate he'd endured.

"Shit," he growled at the sight of such a horror. He turned onto his back just in time to see the next speeder closing in. The heavy blasters on the nose of the vehicle roared as a streak of red death was sent his way. He swung his saber up, reigniting just in time to bat the ordinance away. It's reverted trajectory punched straight through the speeder on the nose. The bike erupted in flame, dipping downward and sending the shattered corpse of the pilot forward.

Zaavik turned his head down and covered the back of it with his arm. The leftover momentum of the speeder flying just barely over him. A close call. Really close. He kipped up quickly, batting another stray legionnaire bolt away as he attempted to fully regain his bearings.

Another one.

Good.

The Padawan weaved to the right as the heavy bolts came. His second blade extended as the speeder closed in. One strike went through the driver, bisecting at the abdomen. The second came at a twitch instant. Rotating upwards the second blade sliced the repulsor engine. Black smoke and orange flame poured from the exposed insides of the chassis. Zaavik snapped a hand forward to reach through the force. The speeder stopped nearly on a dime.

He locked his knees and rotated his hips. The bike swung through the air in a wide arc, releasing at the apex to land on a pair of assaulting speeders. Another explosion. Insignificant in the face of the swarm that still terrorized the Jedi advance, but it was something.

Last edited:

Ulkahall Svaraghaun

U
piotr-forkasiewicz-bismarck-01.jpg

props to Lyra 'Sybila' Voikryt Lyra 'Sybila' Voikryt for this bomb header

OBJECTIVE ?: CLIP THEIR WINGS
OPEN TO OPPOSITION

t h i s s h i p i s g o i n g d o w n

The Dissident Aggressor, the pride of the New Imperial Armada. A plethora of weaponry, primed to sling hailfire and blaster-shot at any that would dare stand against the Imperial ambitions of this New State on the Outer Rim. It had proved itself, time and time again since it was first commissioned. It had sailed ahead into conflict after conflict, forming both the shield and spear of the New Imperial Navy, even as other sections of the armada attempted to keep track with the trademark vessel of the NIO, there wasn’t any beating the classics. Due to it’s size, it capacity, and the sheer amount of supporting crafts that could be fit inside of the Aggressor, it wasn’t uncommon for large portions of the vessel to be relatively devoid of the combat scenarios that the larger mass of the vessel was engaged in. Not every fighter in every fight made it’s way off of the ship, of course, and not every last soul needed to be put into a full panic inside of her hulls when a stray blaster cannon managed a gleam off of her shielding, no matter how much the power systems moaned in protest.

This line of thinking, along with a few conversations to the right people, would see thirty of the finest ships-of-the-line to be stationed inside of the hanger of the Dissident Aggressor, those ships belonging to that of the
New Imperial Maritime Division, a relatively new force inside of the New Imperial Order as a whole, still looking for purpose and cause within the wider scales of warfare that the Order threw itself at, time and time again. Of course, the Sith Empire was an endless threat, waves and waves of dark spellcasters and psychopaths- the lot of them to most New Imperials, and when it came that lines were drawn and the branches of peace were sent to the cinder, that the Armies of the New Imperial Order were brought to host once again. This new mastery, this new Elder Alliance, was strange news to those that would fight alongside the NIO. It was difficult to comprehend, especially watching the leaked holonet videos of hostile news reports of the NIO.

Threat. Hostile. Aggressive.

Strange times called for strange tactics.

Grand Admiral Svaraghaun understood this. He had come from a strange Galaxy himself, Firefist was a world apart from the Skyriver, it held it’s own threats and legends and bleeding pacts and national fears. He understood warfare. He understood the seas. And most of all, he would like to think that he understood people rather well. That’s why he only took those willing for this mission, that’s why only the bravest of the sailors of NIMD were brought into this operation, that’s why he knew there was a chance that none of them would be coming back from this little adventure.

A no fly zone was admitted over the entire surface of Dantooine, something one would think would be the worry entirely within the realms of the traditional Astral Navy. For every vessel shot down over the skies of Dantooine, was a lost soul, someone crashing either into rock or brackish depths. There was little someone could do on the first issue, the second one, however? That could be helped, that could be amended. Besides, why wait for them to leave atmosphere to start bringing them down?

Thirty naval vessels, thirty sailing ships filled with men and women willing to give themselves to the advancement of the New Order’s sovereignty.

“Warning, clear launch vector. Warning, clear launch vector.” Droned out the voice that blared throughout the hanger as the grav-lifts hanging from the ceiling linked onto the top of each of the naval ships. Lifting them to the top of the roof before rocking along their hoist, starting to shift and grind along to hold them over the opening of the hanger doors on the bottom side of the dreadnought.

Svaraghaun’s hands dug fast into the edge of the viewing window in front of him as the heavy cruiser he called home for this operation was picked up, like a child in the arms of a father, and brought to rise. The gravitational stabalizers attempted to do their best, but there was only so little that they could actually manage. Somewhere in the background, he could hear one of the seamen complaining as his tea sloshed from it’s cup on his computing desk. Svaraghaun was more concerned with what was to come, even as he threatened to buckle the durasteel frame from the transparisteel window. He was far from what one would expect as one of the high ranking members of the New Imperial Military, not dressed head to toe in the garb of an officer, no. Instead the Tof was clad in a warriors tunic and breeches, boots made out of a material similar to Reek leather clacked onto the flooring as he turned to address the crew. It was a scattering of low ranking seamen and midshipmen. He felt, regardless, they needed to hear this.

He reached up, pressing a button on his collar, broadcasting a comms signal to all of the thirty ships in the flotilla.

“Sons and daughters of the New Order. This is our moment, you are the heirs of your homeworlds. The heirs of pirates and privateers, of merchants and princes, you are the remnants of this selfless caste. Hussars, landlovers, none of them have anything to say that wouldn’t make a New Imperial sailor scoff. We’ve heard it all, have we not? Every last joke and jest they could make, every last. Today. Today, my brothers and sisters, we show them we are so much more. In five minutes time, we will scream to the surface, crash to the sea, and secure the airways for our flying friends. Fight like warriors.”

There was a moment, where he occurred perhaps saying something kind, something more, may the Force be with you.

The Force had nothing to do with this.

They were soldiers.

“Warning, drop in progress. All hands, brace. All hands, brace.”

With that, Operation Ascension had begun.

They wouldn’t have to worry about their own projection, after the gravity of the hanger had it’s way with them as they were released.

Svaraghaun jolted in his stance as he felt the arm of the grip scream as it clicked and flickered the grav-connection off, a moment of weightlessness, before the cruiser began to plummet. Down, down, flashes of whites and TIEs as the window screeched past the busy hanger, grkh-grkh-grkh as the other vessels of NIMD followed shortly after. Eclipsing through the rayshield of the hanger, a blink, light adjustment, and they were in real space. The bottom end of the dreadnought began to fade from immediate view as the scene of space warfare came into full view. Starfighters of insane variance of make and model swarming after one another, again, and again, they danced between one another. Bolts of green, blue, and red slamming into shields and raw armor, sending debris scattering through the empty, filling it with purpose and possibility. The rest of the flotilla was directly above the cruiser, though Svaraghaun was not given the proof of their existence just yet. The panel in front of him, an over glorified radar, began to flick with green. Over and over as members of the flotilla made their calls as they descended.

Falling, falling, falling, silence in the dead of space. Crests of automatic fire and spiraling dogfights, heavier classes of ship slugging back fists of weighty blaster bolts, the screams of their sins vanishing inches away from their surface into the void. A silent film perfected from eons of technological advancement.

The heavy cruiser rocked, harshly, bucking forward and causing Svaraghaun to scatter on his footing, swearing under his breath in Tof as the weight shifted portside and the shields bounced and flickered shades of purple and blue across the view panel.

“Sith-Imperial fighter squadron broke off! Targeting our descent!” Came the scream of a crewman.

Comms open, calm, commanding foreign voice.

“All NIMD vessels, return fire. Bring them down with us.”

With the command, relayed throughout the entirety of the flotilla, the guns came to life on ship after ship. Turbolasers and blaser cannons training through space, attempting to keep beads on the Dominance-class fighters as they scythed their way through the bleak. They’d pass, twist, and dive around the falling, falling, falling flotilla. Guns came online. Blue bolts of blaster fire reigned out, thrown to the dark in a feign attempt to keep the fighters at bay long enough. In the open void, they were pointless. Red slashed across vessel after vessel, raging against their shielding, against their armor and plate. Red blinked across the radar with hints of yellow, fully formed green was becoming a rarity. Casualty reports drowned out by the booming return fire of his ship’s own gun. Explosion, crimson and yellow as a fighter caught the brunt of a round. Rushing forward, at the deck, at the bridge, at Svaraghaun. Shields flickered to life, for the moment, the brief instant, he could watch the pilot’s face contort underneath his helmet as the inch by inch of his starfighter was atomized in response to the crash, bounding off, a burp of flame and hellfire skipped the rest of the fighter over the cruiser like trash. Behind them, forgotten.

The cruiser had gone into a spin, port to starboard, port to starboard, round and round clockwise during their descent. He didn’t have time to register their entry into the atmosphere, suddenly the flames licking the bottom edge of the ship became much more real. The blackness faded into hues of blue as the agri-world manifested itself. Wind whistling and whipping itself around the vessel, daring to twist and turn it. Faster and faster as gravity became aware of their mass, blinking, screaming, readouts being screamed into his ear from multiple members of the flotilla. Faster and faster. Falling and falling. One thought broke through into reality.

“Brace! Brace!”

Shields breaking under the strain, shuddering off as the buildings in the distance came to eye level, then lower, and then splash. With the force of a stone cast by a God, one after another, the ships of NIMD slammed into the sea surface of Dantooine, breaking against the waves, plunged into the depths as the viewport once again faded into a void. This one of water and sealife, of fish and bubbles. Rocking, the ship rocked as it went underneath, screams from the crew now as the complaints of the metal were brought to reality inside of the sea. Rising, rising, commanded to rise by electronic signals and engines starting to roar to life. Rise. Rise brave sailors of the New Order.

Your day has just started.

The cruiser breached the surface, seaweed and fish hanging onto the deck, scattering and flipping over the metal as they went. Swaths of water rolling off, begging to be let back into the sea. Slam. Another ship rocked the cruiser as it was brought home into the depths right next to them, and again, and again, as Operation Ascension gathered one after another. An explosion in the distance after a harsh crumbling of steel. Crushing a disposable can after dinner. Someone had fallen far enough off course to land ashore.

They weren’t rated for solid landings.

Though, they had survived, enough to keep operating.

“Flotilla Ascension, form up. Guns high. Let’s hunt some flyboys.”

--Flotilla Composition--

1x Heavy Cruiser
4x Cruisers
5x Submarines
9x Scouts
7x Missile Destroyers

Korso Rook

K

"Maybe you Jedi aren't so bad after all."

Rook tilted his head at Ryv Ryv and the others. His voice was monotone. Modulated by the vocoder of his beskar helm. The Sons of Mandalore had asked him to join the temple raid. Something about being too 'indiscriminate' and refusing to acknowledge NIO chain of command. He did not understand his brothers sometimes. Their world was shattered by the Empire with which the Sons now shared tables. He could never embrace the Imperial way, for there was only one creed he followed.

The Way of the Mandalore.

"I'm going to circle the perimeter," Corso informed the others, "Make sure there aren't any surprises."

He paused before the temple threshold and embraced the Rising Phoenix. Jetpack boosters roared to life. A simple blink command was enough to activate thermal vision. Corso followed the Jedi-Imperial task force's early progress as they began to encounter more concentrated resistance. Adrenaline coursed through his veins but he was disciplined with a hunter's caution. Sure enough his instincts bore out. He found something.

He found someone.

"What are you up to?" he wondered aloud.

There was an isolated heat signature. Stationary. Away from the fighting, but definitely an active lifesign ( Peyton Steele Peyton Steele ). His pulse quickened. When the Sons of Mandalore turned him away, he hadn't objected. Corso Rook did not need to be asked twice to raid a Sith Temple. It was the ultimate test of his courage and skill. Now it was time to put his enemy to that same test.

5uGTrdG.gif

L O C A T I O N | Garang City.
O B J E C T I V E | 1, Kill Them All.
T A G S | Meko Sorrin Meko Sorrin
I M P L A N T S |
Eye, legs, arm.
G E A R |
Armor, rifle, pistols.

“You hold the lines, got it? Don’t let a single damn imperial pass. Shoot them on sight, and give them no mercy! For the glory of the true empire, we must succeed.”, the major’s voice was louder than she was used to listening to some greasy officer speaking with the soldiers under his command, loud enough for Ursula to evidently ignore what he was speaking about, or regarding who he was talking. Her employees were used to ignoring those idiosyncrasies coming from that Mandalorian, they probably knew she was crazy, it was stamped in big red handwriting right in the middle of her forehead, and plain for all to see with all of her odd and peculiar actions such as rubbing’s a sithspawn’s behind its ear and calling him a good boy as she did that. The same major approached Ursula with a plain expression on his face. “Are you going out?”

Beneath her body, the drumming sound of a growling furnace cursing the humanoid’s approach. The red-haired girl just lifted her mechanical leg and slammed the droid harshly so he would just shut his circuits, as she nodded her head towards the fat officer’s face, her expression was that filled with spite and disarray. The bubblegum inside her mouth started to appear out of her lips as one of the biggest’s chewing bubblegums she had ever made, large and pinkish, big enough for the major to watch his own face reflected in it before popping, and the Vizla girl humming.

“Uh-hum.”, and the humanoid’s cleaned his own throat, as she raised her gun in the air. Almost pointing the damn thing straight at his fat head, tempted to pressing the trigger and blowing his brains all over the building's floor.

“Well, all right. Just make sure not to destroy anything important, if you will... and... well, at least try not to hit our own.” The moment Ursula heard him saying that she couldn't help but smiling, slowly allowing that short thing to become something bigger, which soon took over her entire mouth, those lean pesky pink lips, that evolved to a dry laughing that didn’t cease, even when she raised her helmet and brought it to her head, already madly laughing in his face, raising on the back of her droid already geared up for war, howling in the same manner of a hyena.

“This is a good way to die like any other, except in Nirauan, that planet is a dump! And you, major, sir, honey... are a bucket of fat!”, she bumped her two legs on the back of her metal pet, and before the officer could even reply, her bes’ulik growled and started to run, jumping like a frog supported in his front legs, dragging his heavy body all the way outside the building, raging fire out of his tail and ramming like a rocket through the skies into the Green Hell, followed by the group of mounted cobras that she had requested, mounted by the Fist lads. A cacophony of hissing, death-like screeches took over the night, it was time to kill the trespassers, for she had no honor, and death was her kind of game. “TO PARJAI!”, she screamed with all the might inside her lungs, rushing the beast and the pets in her care to move forward, herself safely kept inside the Basilisk’’s comfortable leathery seat. Death could also fly.

dan2_obj2.png

K N I G H T
GALACTIC ALLIANCE
NEW JEDI ORDER

wsL0bBY.png

T O _ F I G H T _ T H E _ E V I L _ O N E

May the Force be with us.

The curtain of the Darkside was all he could feel from Dantooine. Fear and malice tainted this world and all of the beaconing from the Sith Temple that was constructed over a Jedi Academy that once stood proud until the presence of the Sith Empire crawled its way to the golden hills of Dantooine. Without its peaceful guardians slaughtered and driven out, the Sith were free to assert their inexorable dominance and authority without anyone to challenge it.

Compliance and conformity was disciplined into the people of Dantooine. The crude strength of the Sith instilled that sense of emotion to its subordinates. As long as they would accept their overlords and not question their authority they would be granted peace without prejudice.

Peace is a lie...

The first tenet of the dreaded Sith code. These fiends did not no peace. They were fiends that relished in chaos, feeding off of people’s fear and subjugating the masses to convert them as obedient servants to serve bidding. These people lived as hostages, under the guise that they lived in peace and with freedom. Oh, they did...so long as they served the Dark Masters without hesitation. For years Dantooine was ruled with a fist of darkness just like other systems under the Dark Curtain of the Sith Empire.

And yet with all the might and power of the Sith, they could not extinguish even the smallest candles. Those willing and daring would always challenge the machinations of the Dark Side of the Force. And they would challenge the Dark Creed here at Dantooine; they would strip this Sith Temple brick by brick until nothing remained of it. No stone that reeked of the Darkside would be left unturned. There would be no quarter for the Sith and their insidious devices. Redemption and reprieve would only be offered to any Jedi blinded to side with the Sith...that is if they haven’t already iterated and accepted the Sith Code.

There is no Chaos, there is Harmony.

And harmony would be restored here once the Sith have been dealt with which began with a valiant charge by the Jedi and Imperial Knights towards the Sith Temple. They were met with a hail of blasters from the Sith-Imperial legionnaires that were stationed to protect and serve their masters. Simple pawns brainwashed to fight for a vile power that recognized them as expendable tools. They would receive pity from Rhis, knowing that there was little they could do to show them the truth of the Light and expose the shadow of lies they fought for.

“With pleasure,” the Nautolan remarked to his Jedi brother as their march was bombarded by artillery and other batteries. His emerald blade produced from his lightsaber hilt continued to parry and deflect. But the infantry wasn’t all their problems.

"Speeders!"

A cavalry of speeders charged at the coalition of Jedi and Imperial Knights, red streaks firing at their collective. The cavalry attack would catch some by surprise, Knights torn by the heavy blasters of the speeders or being trampled from the momentum of the vehicle. One brave Jedi, Zaavik, with his wits and skills outmatched three speeder pilots from the Sith cavalry.

Impressive. Most impressive.

There were still speeders harassing their advance, and they would suffer more casualties if this cavalry unit wasn’t neutralized. His eyes focused on one of them, one that circled back around and sprayed crimson bolts at their rear. “This one is mine,” confidence and assurance filled his voice, breaking off from his allies to deal with this nuisance. As expected the pilot focused all fire on Rhis, some streaks of red flying past the Nautolan Jedi while the rest of its barrage was parried by his lightsaber. Frustrated the pilot throttled the velocity of his speeder, intents of wanting to splatter the Jedi Knight.

If only it were easy.

The Legionnaire’s fury would be his downfall as one of the heavy blaster bolts parried by Rhis successfully deflected at the point of the speeder, damaging it from being completely operational. The pilot struggled to control his vehicle, trying to steer it but his attempts would be futile. He had no choice, but to decelerate the velocity of the speeder before jumping off from its mount, leaving the speeder to swerve violently in a random direction before crashing. To the Legionnaire’s surprise he landed near the Jedi he tried to kill. Despite his person being underprepared to combat a Jedi, he would not alter from killing Rhis. His hands went to his blaster pistol and fired only one shot at Rhis, the same shot deflected back to the Legionnaire; the shot landing squarely on his helmeted head, killing the man in that instance. Despite his victory there were still other assailant speeders from the cavalry intact.

"Jedi," he raised his voice, "buy me a moment and I will carve you a path."

“We must neuter this cavalry if we want the Sorcerer to produce his works; otherwise, we won’t have much of a team before reaching the gates of the Temple.”

ALLIES | NIO | NJO | Ryv Ryv | Loske Treicolt Loske Treicolt | Shaka Sunstar | Rurik Fel Rurik Fel | Oceiros Sunstrider Oceiros Sunstrider | Cotan Sar'andor | Enlil | Zaavik Perl Zaavik Perl | Dorian Sicarrio Dorian Sicarrio | Jin Kyrel | Kalika Vaar | Mishel Kryze | Hans Rennagen | Maynard Treicolt Maynard Treicolt
ENEMIES | TSE | THE ELDER COMPACT | Ingrid L'lerim (ENGAGING SOON) | Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield | Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex | Other Space Kaiden Other Space Kaiden | Adron Malvern | Arctus Silmar Arctus Silmar | Xobos Yakieer | Ruek Tast | Freyu Molidias |

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom