Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship TIE/INx Interceptor

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
xGa1rq4.png
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
STANDARD FEATURES

ADVANCED SYSTEMS
STRENGTHS
  • I C O N I C: With very high maneuverability and a speed that is nearly able to match, the TIE/INx is one of the most effective in ships in class, able to surpass most standard fighters of the line in speed and maneuverability while easily going toe to toe with other interceptors in the same vein.

WEAKNESSES
  • "Lightweight Construction": While the TIE Interceptor is a neckbreakingly maneuverable craft it comes at the cost of hull and shield thickness, making the TIE increasingly vulnerable to enemy fire, making it heavily reliant on the pilot (or droid brain's) inherit instincts to avoid getting shot down.
  • Carrier Dependent: Without a hyperdrive on board the TIE/INx is dependent on a host ship in some form to deploy it in and out of battle, making the starfighter unable to indepedently traverse hyperlanes and thus between systems beyond sub light speeds.
DESCRIPTION
Created from time tested design principles of the ancient Galactic Empire, the TIE/INx is an evolution and update of the iconic and time tested TIE/IN which saw service in the Battle Of Endor among other high stakes engagements of the Galactic Civil War. With more advanced onboard systems and armaments the TIE/INx is an update to the age of chaos with the standard array of laser cannons complimented with a variable self duplicating missile launcher system allowing for the fast and maneuverable fighter to stay in the fight so long as the pilot doesn't get himself hit.

Last edited:
Very nice fighter and overall well written submission! I do have it as being overpowered by two (2) ratings, however. If you could either reduce the ship by two ratings or reduce the production scale by two, or any combination thereof then we can proceed to approval. Please let me know when you've done this, or if you have any questions or concerns by tagging me here or by PM. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom