Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Ha'rangir-class Star Destroyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tqwno3o.png

ansel-hsiao-kandosii26.jpg

H A ' R A N G I R
C L A S S
"Go ahead, pray to your gods. Beg them to answer. To hear our gods, all we have to do is look up."
- Jos Krayt

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: To create a star destroyer for the Mandalorian Enclave.
  • Image Source: x
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions:
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
STANDARD FEATURES
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
STRENGTHS
  • Iron Fury: The Ha'rangir-class is a mighty capital ship, packing the power of a conventional star destroyer packed into the frame of a heavy cruiser.
  • Warforge: With its own complement of mining lasers, refining stations, molecular furnaces, fuel convertors and nanoforges as well as onboard production facilities and constructrion droids, the Ha'rangir is equipped to replenish itself and whatever complement it may carry indefinitely.
WEAKNESSES
  • Firing Arcs: The hull design of the Ha'rangir-class limits its ability to bring its full firepower to bear on a single target at certain locations in space relative to the Star Destroyer.
  • Lumbering Giant: The Ha'rangir-class has substandard maneuverability and speed, making it easier for nimbler craft to outmaneuver the Star Destroyer.
DESCRIPTION
Kad Ha’rangir was the chief deity of ancient Mandalorian religion, the god of destruction and the gospel of war. Primitive Mandalorians waged ritualistic war as a means of pleasing their god, and saw his destruction as a catalyst that brought change to the Galaxy in opposition to idleness and stagnation.

Since it’s inception a decade and a half ago, the Mandalorian Enclave has had yet to field a capital ship truly worthy of the Mando’ade, aside from the mighty Darasuum Kote Star Dreadnought, flagship of the Mandalorian fleet. But with the introduction of the fearsome Ha’rangir-class Star Destroyer, that dynamic has been irrevocably changed.

To call the Ha’rangir-class a ‘Star Destroyer’ is an understatement. The warship was designed to be a flagship of a fleet, overwhelming its enemy with superior firepower while augmenting the rest of a fleet that complements it. It features top-of-the-line offensive technology, including the modernized M19 and M20 assault concussion missiles as well as the RSTA-3 STASIS Entropic Field Webifiers. Its boarding pod launchers allow the Ha'rangir to engage other ships in an unconventional means of naval warfare -- but one that is elementary to Mandalorians -- infantry combat.

But its numerous fleet-augmenting systems are what truly set it apart from other Star Destroyers. Its sensor suite module extends the range and capabilities of communications and sensors for itself and other friendly ships within its sphere. Its communications suppression module acts as a spatial jammer, while its field defense module and stealth field module boost the defensive capabilities of itself and other friendly ships in nearby proximity.

The Ha'rangir-class, much like the Kandosii dreadnaughts of old, is a behemoth meant to ferry armys large enough to conquer entire Star Systems. A hundred thousand Mandalorian warriors can fit comfortably into a Ha'rangir's class's many hangar bays, holds, and spartan barracks should the need arise. The Star Destroyer can also comfortably carry the necessary equipment, munitions, and vehicles to support said army, with the industrial facilities to easily self-replenish for long voyages with no friendly port in site.

The Ha'rangir-class is a triumphant accomplishment for the Mandalorian people and a herald of a new era for the Mando'ade, marking the return of Mandalorian military might that was thought lost with the Sith genocide. Once more shall the Mando'ade rule the stars.

Last edited:

Tqwno3o.png

ansel-hsiao-kandosii26.jpg

H A ' R A N G I R
C L A S S
"Go ahead, pray to your gods. Beg them to answer. To hear our gods, all we have to do is look up."
- Jos Krayt

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: To create a star destroyer for the Mandalorian Enclave.
  • Image Source: x
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions:
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
STANDARD FEATURES
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
STRENGTHS
  • Iron Fury: The Ha'rangir-class is a mighty capital ship, packing the power of a conventional star destroyer packed into the frame of a heavy cruiser.
  • Warforge: With its own complement of mining lasers, refining stations, molecular furnaces, fuel convertors and nanoforges as well as onboard production facilities and constructrion droids, the Ha'rangir is equipped to replenish itself and whatever complement it may carry indefinitely.
  • The Best Defense: The entire design of the heavy cruiser centers around its speed and maneuverability, and the Bes'drahr's defense is more centered around its small size as well as its speed and maneuverability, making it difficult to hit with heavy-hitting anti-capital weapons in the first place.
WEAKNESSES
  • Firing Arcs: The hull design of the Ha'rangir-class limits its ability to bring its full firepower to bear on a single target at certain locations in space relative to the Star Destroyer.
  • Points of Access: The Ha'rangir-class has substandard manuverability, making it easier for nimbler craft to outmaneuver the Star Destroyer.
DESCRIPTION
Kad Ha’rangir was the chief deity of ancient Mandalorian religion, the god of destruction and the gospel of war. Primitive Mandalorians waged ritualistic war as a means of pleasing their god, and saw his destruction as a catalyst that brought change to the Galaxy in opposition to idleness and stagnation.

Since it’s inception a decade and a half ago, the Mandalorian Enclave has had yet to field a capital ship truly worthy of the Mando’ade, aside from the mighty Darasuum Kote Star Dreadnought, flagship of the Mandalorian fleet. But with the introduction of the fearsome Ha’rangir-class Star Destroyer, that dynamic has been irrevocably changed.

To call the Ha’rangir-class a ‘Star Destroyer’ is an understatement. The warship was designed to be a flagship of a fleet, overwhelming its enemy with superior firepower while augmenting the rest of a fleet that complements it. It features top-of-the-line offensive technology, including the modernized M19 and M20 assault concussion missiles as well as the RSTA-3 STASIS Entropic Field Webifiers. Its boarding pod launchers allow the Ha'rangir to engage other ships in an unconventional means of naval warfare -- but one that is elementary to Mandalorians -- infantry combat.

But its numerous fleet-augmenting systems are what truly set it apart from other Star Destroyers. Its sensor suite module extends the range and capabilities of communications and sensors for itself and other friendly ships within its sphere. Its communications suppression module acts as a spatial jammer, while its field defense module and stealth field module boost the defensive capabilities of itself and other friendly ships in nearby proximity.

The Ha'rangir-class, much like the Kandosii dreadnaughts of old, is a behemoth meant to ferry armys large enough to conquer entire Star Systems. A hundred thousand Mandalorian warriors can fit comfortably into a Ha'rangir's class's many hangar bays, holds, and spartan barracks should the need arise. The Star Destroyer can also comfortably carry the necessary equipment, munitions, and vehicles to support said army, with the industrial facilities to easily self-replenish for long voyages with no friendly port in site.

The Ha'rangir-class is a triumphant accomplishment for the Mandalorian people and a herald of a new era for the Mando'ade, marking the return of Mandalorian military might that was thought lost with the Sith genocide. Once more shall the Mando'ade rule the stars.

Hello there!

First and foremost, it's always a pleasure to see the subs you push out. Quite nicely done I think, although there are a few issues I believe require attention. Please tag me with the answers to my questions/adjustments requested below. Let's begin:

• Image Source: The page you’ve linked as your main image source appears to be for a different image altogether. Please revise to include the link to the appropriate picture located on the artist’s page.
  • Armament: Firstly, I feel it necessary to address the sheer number of weapons listed for this ship. While listing quantities of guns is optional; when they are listed, we look at the quantities through the lens of whether or not the quantities reflect reason within the context of being ‘in the spirit of star wars’. Now, as we all know this isn’t absolute, as we all like ships with a lot of guns. So we typically don’t comment too much on showing a large amount. However, in this case specifically, you’ve got a star destroyer measuring at 1,500 meters in length, and you have almost 1,900 guns on this ship. Granted, a lot of them are smaller caliber weapons, but not as many as it may appear at first glance. Quad turbolaser emplacements are larger than the millennium falcon alone, and those aren’t even the largest weapons you have on this bad boy - the 80 mass drivers appear quite excessive. While the factory does not judge submissions based on precedent, it should still be noted that not even battlecruisers tend to be as heavily armed as this star destroyer is. Overall, my ruling is as follows: this ship must have a minimum armament rating of extreme, and for the sake of ship hull real estate alone, i will also ask that you reduce the quantity of all of your weapons by a significant margin. By significant, I mean by approximately 2/3rds (66%) or more. Note, this reduction would still result in an extreme rating based on my current opinion, but i’m open to further discussion once you’ve revised accordingly.
  • Defenses: For a similar reason as noted above under the ‘armaments’ section, I would recommend this section be upgraded to a ‘very high’ rating at minimum, largely due to the features your submissions (which are quite cool I might add) provide to the ship
  • Hangar Space: While you do list a very comprehensive breakdown under ‘Hangar Allocations’, I would ask that you please list the total hangar allocations under this section specifically as noted in the template.
  • The Best Defense: The speed and maneuverability ratings of this ship are currently listed as average. Additionally, you’re weakness ‘points of access’ seems to contradict this strength. Assuming they remain so, can you please elaborate as to how this ship’s speed and maneuverability could be considered a strength? And can you please expound on what you mean by the ‘points of access weakness?’

Submission Name: Ha'rangir-class Star Destroyer
Link to Submission: x
Reason for Factory Modification Request: Need to add a technology link

Submission Name: Bes'drahr-class Heavy Cruiser

Submission Name: Ky'ram-class Strike Frigate

Submission Name: Y'ivra-class Interdictor