Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech LS3 Armato Ventral Missile Cannon

Status
Not open for further replies.
maxresdefault_2.gif

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a fast-tracking point defense missile system that can be installed on the underside of a ship.
  • Image Source: N/A
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Roble Manufacturing
  • Affiliation: Closed-Market
  • Model: LS3 Armato Ventral Missile Cannon
  • Modularity: The armament of the Armato is interchangeable between different point-defense missiles.

• Production: Mass-Produced
  • Material: Durasteel-421A Alloy, Durasteel-421S Alloy, Targeting Sensors, Electronics
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Ventral Point-Defense Missile Launcher
  • Size: Average
  • Weight: Average
  • Ammunition Type: Any type of point-defense missile.
  • Ammunition Capacity: 8 Missiles

• Reload Speed: Slow
  • Effective Range: Average
  • Rate of Fire: High
  • Stopping Power: Average
  • Recoil: Average
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • The Armato has fast-tracking lock on systems that are able to quickly track and lock a missile onto a target.
  • When not in use, the Armato can be retracted into a ship's hull (dependent on design. While this is the standard configuration, some ships may opt to leave the Armato as a fixed position.
  • The Armato has a lower-hemispherical range of fire, and is built to swivel and move quickly in order to more accurately fire its missiles.
  • The Armato is controlled either by computer or remotely, and can either fire missiles in tandem or as single units against enemy starfighters.
STRENGTHS
  • Fast-Tracking Movement: The LS3 Armato is mounted on a swivel that allows it full hemispherical range of motion, which aids in accuracy of firing its missiles. It's tracking and targeting systems are top-notch as well, which allows for the Armato to accurately target enemy starfighters.
  • Hidy-Hole: The ventral missile cannon is designed to retract into the hull when not used, or when desired. This, combined with the defensive plating of the Armato being made of both Durasteel-421A and Durasteel-421S alloys makes the ventral cannon extremely hard to destroy by enemy ships.
  • Variability: Although the Armato is limited by how many missiles it can store in one casing, it is unlimited by what type of missile provided that the munition is a variant of the standard point-defense missile.
WEAKNESSES
  • Bottoms Only: The greatest design flaw of the Armato, the missile cannon can only be mounted on the 'bottom' of a ship's hull which limits its range and protective coverage.
  • Not Anti Capital: The Armato is not made to fire anti-capital missiles, and thus is a primarily defensive weapon in that regard.
  • Reload: The Armato holds a casing of eight missiles, and once the munitions are depleted the ventral cannon must be retracted into the ship for it's casings to be reloaded, which is a slow and tedious process.
DESCRIPTION
Although they share the same purpose, the LS3 Armato Ventral Missile Cannon is very different from its sister emplacement, the LS2 Valentine point-defense octet. With a full bottom-hemispherical range of motion and ability to fast-track targets, the Armato is a quick and lethal point-defense weapon for any ship to have. Although it is limited by the fact that it can only be installed on the bottom of ships, the Armato more than makes up for it in terms of defensive capabilities. It itself is very hard to destroy, as the emplacement is made out of a dual-plating of both Durasteel-421A and Durasteel-421S alloys. The Armato can also be retracted into a ship's hull on demand, both if the weapon is simply not in use and if the emplacement is under heavy fire. All around, the Armato is designed to be a faster, more agile and more aggressive point defense system that manages to still succeed in its efforts despite its drawbacks.

[member="Alban Roble"]

Hey there, it's Vis and I will be reviewing this submission. I do love a good missile launcher.

My *Only* real issues arise with the balance here. Per the template, "N/A" doesn't really work for "Range" and "Stopping Power", so I am going to need you to address that. Of course, you can do what you want as far as selecting and balancing ratings so long as it balances, which - besides these points - it does now. My suggestion might be to elect average for each of these, as they're point-defense weapons and since you've already pointed out that they won't be much use against capital ships. But it's up to you.

Alban Roble said:
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS Classification: Ventral Point-Defense Missile Launcher Size: Average Weight: Average Ammunition Type: Any type of point-defense missile. Ammunition Capacity: 8 Missiles Reload Speed: Slow Effective Range: N/A Rate of Fire: High Stopping Power: N/A Recoil: Average

Just tag me when you have made these changes and we'll give her a second look.

Thanks,
Vis

[member="Visanj T'shkali"]

Changes made, although the reason I had them at N/A in the first place was because I reasoned that range and stopping power would largely be dependent on what type of missile is loaded into the launcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom