Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Chaos Under the Dome

2785ce770482df1fffd5ff19faf73db9.jpg

Ilic City, New Cov.

The biodomes of New Cov have stood for centuries. They are what protects the Covies from hostiles that live in the jungles, as well as those beyond the planetary borders. Over time those biodomes had been attacked by raiders and pirates wanting to snatch up the planet's main resource for themselves. And that resource is Biomolecules. The Covie had learned to cultivate and harvest that resource long ago and ever since the biomolecules had been used for a variety of purposes.

The New Cov Biomolecule Company helped to pave the way in research and development; leading them to run the planet's population as it's corporate government. The Board of Directors serves at it's head; with other offices looking after the various branches of government.

Defence and Security is one of those branches. It has been a generation since any biodomes had failed to protect it's citizens. The outside jungles are deadly both in it's sentient plantlife as well as the monsters that work with them. Like a hive mind they serve the jungle and long to fully reconquer the planet for themselves.

But today of all days; they will get their chance.

Objectives:

A) Defend the citizens of Ilic
B) Help the monsters in their attack
C) Use the attack to your advantage
D) Do whatever comes to mind

=============================

2c94f474800396c71f4517cd92f7ea17.jpg

I have done it! Due to my numerous new contracts for both NCBC and New Cov, I have finally been granted a place on the Board of Directors as a Junior Member! Now I can have a voice within the company and now I am able to be involved in the decision making for New Cov! This is such a dream come true!

Both of my parents are thrilled for me, and they each give me their praises in their own way. My Father Arch'ii has rewarded me with my own office! I no longer need to use the drawing room! And my Mother Loretta has rewarded me with a shopping spree. Now that my station has risen, I am in need of an updated wardrobe.

And that is where I find myself, sitting on a lounge chair in one of the most luxurious clothing stores that Ilic has to offer while outfits and dresses are modelled for me for my choosing. I sip my tea while I ponder over how many styles I will purchase today and which one that I will wear at my celebratory dinner.

But those thoughts are interrupted the moment that I can hear the sounds of screaming in the distance. Some are of malice while others are of terror. My heart seems to stop and my blood runs cold. I recognize the screams of the Horde and their Minions for I had been caught out in the jungle before. Yet now it sounds as though they are inside!

The sirens then begin to wail, warning the citizens to seek shelter, fight or flee. Each option is just as dangerous as the next. All that I can think of though is getting to my apartment.

Tag: Junko Ike Junko Ike Sylas Taff Sylas Taff Valery Noble Valery Noble Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Zel Sharratt Zel Sharratt Under Foot Under Foot Hex Hex Daiya Daiya Ria the Cat Ria the Cat Squeeb Squeeb Cartri Keswoll Cartri Keswoll SKIP SKIP

Sylas Taff Sylas Taff Valery Noble Valery Noble Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Zel Sharratt Zel Sharratt Under Foot Under Foot Hex Hex Daiya Daiya Ria the Cat Ria the Cat Squeeb Squeeb Cartri Keswoll Cartri Keswoll SKIP SKIP Liin Terallo Liin Terallo

"THank you come again." The seller behind the counter was smiling to her as Junko offered a bow. Walking with severral porters who were handling sleds and bags of different things... clothing, shoes, some scented things native to th planet... bits and bobs. Shoma would say she was doing what came natural to her and he would be wrong... cause she wasn't trying to buy the planet this time... maybe. The Biomolecules were interesting and Shoma had told her about them. THey were good enough that he was looking to make a trade contract with the planet so she would see how they did and what they might be able to be used in.

A smile on her face while she was walking and looked at the large domes with a look at some of the other people around them. THen the screams and shouts came.. something was attacking them and the Atrisian princess looked around at some of the people running and one of them plowed into her porters. "Hey what is happening?" She said it and looked aat the one theree who pointed and she helped the droid up as it was getting her purchases to take them. "NOw... I think I am going to have a job to do... so you should get back to my ship. Tell Barca that we are going to possibly need some reinforcements."

She got a nod and the droids were going as she looked and rolled her shoulders removing her cloak aand standing in the princess kimono her jedi robes. "I was really having fun and now I might miss out on deals.... someone or something is going to answer for this insult."

New Cov, Objective 1
Tags: Liin Terallo Liin Terallo , Junko Ike Junko Ike , Open

Fish_Mando_Junk_Saber_Divider.png

"Not every planet in the galaxy is hospitable. In a galaxy full of near thousands of worlds, this is a guarantee. A promise."

Zel walked through the jungles of New Cov with a casual step, though one that exuded an air of calculation. His junk lightsaber was clutched in one hand, a recording device in the other. The Blubreen may have been a historian, but that didn't mean that he wasn't a great hunter. He was Mandalorian, after all. He was born to hunt.

"Some consider the harshest conditions to be shady slums filled with deathstick dealers and would be sharp shooters, but, in some instances, making a living impossible is based on the wrath of mother nature alone. Be it the tidally locked world of Ryloth, where storms of fire ravage the surface, or the Ordinance of Providence, where the air is so toxic you can burn it as fuel for starships, there is no shortage of planets that test the grit of any trying to make ends meet in our turbulent Galaxy. For the jungle world of New Cov located in the Churba sector, this took the form of an environment dominated by flora and fauna so lethal that the people of the planet retreated into domed cities long ago, well before the age of the original regime that called itself "The Empire.' It's a world so deadly that the Yuuzhan Vong refused to 'Zongform" it, and even modern day Sithspawn are torn apart by it's local wildlife. One would not look to such a hellscape and assume that anything could emerge from such a deadly place, yet even thousands of years after it's discovery, New Cov continues to make leaps and bounds in the world of Biomolecular medication. So what is it that makes it such a bastion for medical advancement?"

Distant snarling came, followed by the ringing of alarms. It was the nearby domed city. Zel clipped the recording device to the side of his helmet, drew his pistol, and made haste to one of the breaches that had been made.

"It seems that there's been a development," he stated, cleaving his way through strange local fauna, "A beast attack on Ilic City. It seems that fauna from the hostile jungles have managed to breach the defenses of the dome that has stood for untold generations. As the wheels of history turn before our very eyes, it seems that our various questions will have to wait."

Inside the city was a mess. Panicked citizens fleeing to shelters, local defenders rushing to fend off the invading beasts. It was surely a terrible day to visit New Cov if there ever was one. But Zel new best that history was always happening. When presented with monsters swarming a biodome, one could only roll with the punches.

05P1igL.png

[ vibro-arbir ] [ pistol ] [ knife ] [ grenade ] [ cryptlink ] [ slicing glove ] [ ransomware virus ]
Team A-Mazing: Hex Hex Daiya Daiya @Darkwire
Normies: Junko Ike Junko Ike Liin Terallo Liin Terallo Zel Sharratt Zel Sharratt
4394gP0.png

OBJECTIVE C: USE THE ATTACK TO YOUR ADVANTAGE

This was probably the worst idea he'd ever had.

No, not the time he'd literally been submerged in a pool of acid and raw sewage.

No, not the time he'd murdered a police officer.

This. This right here.

It had all started when he'd sold some weapons to some guys who had totally been Guavian Death Gang. Sure, they'd said that they were Mods, but come on. He'd lived his whole live on Denon and he knew Mods. These dudes had not been Mods. Their credits had checked out and the Squib knew better than to ask questions so, if they wanted to pretend they weren't Guavian Death Gang...

...anyway, they'd turned him onto a really shady Hutt-karker, who'd told him about some kind of scheme to set off some local wildlife inside the domed cities of New Cov as a distraction.

A distraction from what, you might ask? Well, your mileage may vary there.

In his case, it was an opportunity to nab some biomolecules. Just what could he do with biomolecules? To be completely honest, he wasn't entirely sure. He'd never really given it any serious though, because he never thought he'd get his hands on biomolecules. Chit was rare as kark and importing it through official Alliance channels was rife with all kinds of customs oversight. And getting it on the black market? Feth that. A star destroyer would be cheaper.

The Squib shifted uncomfortably, feeling the pair of vibro-arbir blades that were criss-crossed over his back. He had grown up to be a true believer in the mystic arts of combats and transactions, but he definitely favored the latter more than the former.

Everything on this planet could get you killed. That was the whole reason for the domed cities. He could seriously get someone killed with this idea. Which was why he'd hoped that Daiya Daiya would have talked him out of it.

He should have known better. Especially once Hex Hex had heard about the scheme. No one loved trouble more than Hex...

Which was what he loved about her. Well, one of the things he loved about her. But also why he hadn't mentioned it to her himself.

"There's a distribution center on the east side," the Squib remarked, dropping a location pin through the CryptNet to the others.

"We get in. We grab the goods. We get the feth out of here."

The Squib took a deep breath.

He only hoped it would be that simple.

Of course, he was carrying a computer virus on him as well. No sense hitting the Biomolecule Company if not to also take the opportunity to try and extract some ransom from them later. That is, if he had time to spike a comp-scoop inside the warehouse.

Exhaling slowly, the Squib reminded himself of the Sixth Rule of Combats and Tractions. "Today is a good day to profit."

Last edited:

Aculia Voland

Protecting her children from the shadows.
Aculi sat comfortably in the commander’s chair of the Zephyr orbiting far in space above New Cov, raising her hands above her head and stretching out while yawning loudly before settling back into it. She looked in many ways like a contented cat, closing her eyes and just enjoying the new, comfortable leather backing she had gotten for it. It was nice to not be held to military regulations for such things, nice to be free, nice to have a break now and again. Her work for the Sith and the Alliance had been so tiring, it was great to be able to just relax.

We’ll just stock up on some trading goods here, some supplies, maybe find a few dangerous beast elimination contracts they tend to put out, enjoy what the biodomes have to offer. It has been a bit of a slog lately.

“Sort of a droll planet for a vacation, what being limited to the cities and all unless you would like to take your chances, but when one has free time, one doesn’t complain…” She mused to herself.

“Captain!” Severin, her XO, announced. She sighed. What was it now?

“Yes, Severin?”

“A transmission from Ilic City! They are under attack! Apparently, there was a breach in their defenses somewhere, and a wave of monsters and other vile beasts are attacking the populace. They are asking for assistance from anyone in the area!”

She sighed and rubbed her forehead. Didn’t the planetary government have some kind of contingency plan for this or security forces capable of handling this?

Maybe not. A lot of skilled administrators and officials died in the chaos of the last few decades. Would not surprise me if they were hiring students right out of university to staff some of the planning positions. Good help is not cheap.

“Fine, but only if we get a contract. We cannot afford to run a charity for this world. Hazard pay, urgency pay, free medical care for any wounded, munitions replenishment fees, et cetera. If they accept, we’ll see what they want us to prioritize."

With that, a tight-beam transmission was sent to what appeared to be the local government and its sponsor major corporation. It was up to them if they wanted real assistance on the ground.

Liin Terallo Liin Terallo

Last edited:
At a cafe near the centre of Ilic City Sylas sat with a caf and his data pad listening to the nice violin music the place was playing for the customers. He was having a nice time all in all. He had remained on New Cov after completing his deal with Liin Terallo Liin Terallo as insurance that everything he had promised would get done in a timely manner. While the Defence Platform which had been christened as the Prism had made its way into orbit without to many issues a number of days ago, they were still behind on updating New Cov's overall communications which was making him less than pleased. But it was still time away from home and that wasn't too bad.

Or well it wasn't before the sirens went off. There were screams coming for a ways off. People got up and started moving hurriedly around the place while Sylas wasn't sure what was going on yet. So he tapped a number of buttons and sighed before putting in his ear piece. "Alright Genesis, I know you've been listening to me since before I left. What's happening?" A woman voice responded in a curt manner. "Oh so now he wants to hear from me. Well I suppose I can assist you?" Sylas sighed getting up, before mumbling "Thank you, I would love to hear from you about what's going on with the sirens?"

The voice then sounded smug "So you do pay attention, good. Well those sirens are indicating that apparently some of the jungle life is headed towards to biodome ready to chomp down on the people inside I would say." Sylas nodded replying as he kept moving allowing people to push past him as he headed towards to sirens putting his pull apart lightsabre that he hadn't used in some time back together again. "Right anything else occurring I should probably know about?" The voice then replied "Well there's a ship in orbit hailing the New Cov government asking if assistance is required. There's word on the net runners stuff out of Denon that some of Darkwire had picked up a job here recently, it was light on details and there's an unmarked transmission currently ongoing."

Sylas thought on all of that before responding to Genesis. "Contact the ship, tell them Mirdirmorut will pay double their usual fee, along with hazard pay and anything else they want for them to get boots on the group asap. Leave Darkwire be, we still have a contract with them and its easier to not poke the sleeping bear on that one. Get two of the Hyaenem Dropships filled with some of the troops off the Prism and get them on the ground. Then finally tell me more about the unmarked transmission."

Tags: Junko Ike Junko Ike I SKIP SKIP I Aculia Voland Aculia Voland I Zel Sharratt Zel Sharratt I Under Foot Under Foot

A man of about 30s years of ages stands before a holoprojector. There are already five corpse on the ground near him, each being drained of its blood by one of the
creatures that his master had sent him. Horrible blood created creatures, which would tear him limb from limb if he didn't keep focusing on his abilities to keep them under control. On the holoprojector is a hooded figure, their face cloaked by shadows, their voice cloaked by a voice modulator. It is impossible to figure out gender, species or even location of the cloaked figure from this holo.

"I have done as you asked my lord, the creatures are feeding as required." The man spoke looking at the hooded figure. "I understand what you ask from me, the chaos in the city thanks to the jungle creatures is already beginning. The man I promised you is still here moving his way towards the creatures, even now my people are keeping an eye on him. We will get what is required from him and it will be yours my lord."

The voice of the hooded figure then rattled out. "Very good, my young knight. Make sure your squires keep him in sight, I would hate to lose this opportunity and a valuable resource." As the figure finished his sentence the man felt his throat seize on the valuable resource part and as he tried to breathe he found he couldn't. The figure chuckled as suddenly the man could breathe again.

"Now you understand, even with all the distance between us you are still not out of my reach my young knight. Should you fail in your mission then I shall find another who is more capable of serving my interests. Should you succeed thought then perhaps you shall become more and finally join me as my right hand." The man gave a grimace at the thought which slowly turned into a crazed smile. "Good good, take two of these creatures with you leave the rest here as a distraction. Hopefully they will slow down any response long enough for you to complete your mission." The figure finished before the holofeed cut. The man took two of the creatures with him, the rest began to rampage heading towards the star port.

Objective: A/D
Weapons: None
Equipment: Darkal "Venopa"
Interaction: Open to Anyone!
Tags: Junko Ike Junko Ike SKIP SKIP Aculia Voland Aculia Voland Under Foot Under Foot Zel Sharratt Zel Sharratt Liin Terallo Liin Terallo

Investments reap rewards...or so he hoped. He had been in very sporadic contact since their discussion on Biomolecules, though he was curious as to what was going on since their last discussion. Driving through the city, he had been thankful to been given another vehicle to go in more...incognito in some form of sense. No armor, no fancy helmet...no lightsaber around him. Though he could in theory have them with him at any time, it was wise to keep up the appearance of a more mannered gentleman. An art he has kept noticing, has been lost among the Sith.

While he was not here to see if the investment was being considered, he was doing his own little bit of research and exploration of the domed city. He still was a bit of his old espionage self, even when around such corporations. Though the people starting to move more quickly...and in front of his own vehicle! Braking rather hard, he glanced as people ran past in a hurry with a siren blaring in the background. What in the world? Craning his head around, he tried to understand what was going on...right as a literal Horde of strange, split headed creatures came towards his way! Tens...Dozens....Fifty...STOP COUNTING!

Darth Reficite finally remembered where he was and went in reverse, backing up as quickly as he could. Slamming his hand on the console, there was a loud whine before an affirmative like voice filled the air. "HEAVY REPEATERS ONLINE." Then they started to lock and start firing in quick succession, large groupings of blaster bolts slam all forward into the horde. Realizing he did not need to keep focus to fire, he looked back and kept reversing at high speed. Then he felt something slam into the side, one of the creatures! The stun panel went off but not before the vehicle went out of control and slammed into a nearby building.

Being dazed was a condition he never wanted to feel but even after being reborn every time...it never seemed to ever go away completely. Shaking his head, he was now at a stop and the creatures around the vehicle, slamming the vehicle all around with the stun panels being overwhelmed. Glancing side to side, he tried to figure out a solution as the glass broke from behind, creature screaming into the vehicle just as concealed Sith Lord made a desperate gambit while unbuckling his seat belt. Giving a quick set of Sith words, he felt his eyes bleed for a brief moment before his lightsaber appeared beside him in the passenger seat, having been Force Teleported from his short ritual.

Grabbing it quickly, he detached them from working together as the creature was in the backseat with its claws tearing part of the front drivers side seat, the headrest coming completely off. With the activation of both lightsabers with a crimson glow filling the interior, he ducked quickly and focused on the Force, throwing them up slightly in the vehicle. Using a trick form the past, the two lightsabers pointed away from each other, started to spin quickly and violently. Slicing into the backs former occupant, it slashed into the horde that was around his vehicle and cut the entire sides and structure off the roof.

He could feel the souls of the damned fill his mind, he was disappointed slightly that he could not take full advantage of what was going on with them but the entire focus was on survival. Death he was not afraid of, having a new body that did not have a good look, it was indeed worse. Leaning up as he kept his focus, he opened the car door and slipped out, grabbing one lightsaber to slash above the roof before catching the other behind his back and slicing another beside him as the smell of burnt flesh filled his nostrils.

Is there more? The answer came quick, they were all around the vehicle and a larger section of creatures was charging towards his general direction. Many were even closer than that, within a few meters of reach. This was not a battle he can win here, not one without some preparation! Gripping onto both of his lightsabers, he used the Force to hurl the remains of the vehicle towards the horde to slow them down and then ran fast as he could towards the nearest building, slashing through a window and dashing through the interior! Weaving through hallways, he started to climb the stairs wherever he could find them, trying to get to the roof!

Sith Lords can afford to be a bit of a coward once in a while...provided they did indeed have a plan! Though plans can get interrupted...plans can indeed get ruined...plans can also have people they can possibly be run into!

New Cov
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble | Open to enemies

"How did these things get inside?" Valery asked her husband after cutting down one of the creatures that had been hunting after a group of civilians in the streets of the capital city. "It just makes no sense. This hasn't happened in... forever." She turned around, as she felt another jumping at her from behind, twirled around her double-bladed weapon, and severed its head from its body. The creature fell dead to the floor, and she turned to Kahlil once more.

"Someone must have let them in, somehow."

That thought was incredibly disturbing, as it meant that they were possibly still in control of what could and couldn't enter the city. They could keep defending people, and keep taking out monsters in the streets, but would it ever end at this rate? She wasn't sure, so she came up with a plan.

"We should keep fighting our way through the streets, help people, but also get to the city's entry points. We need to find out who let them in, and stop it!" she yelled, as she noticed another jumping at her from atop a building. Valery jumped aside, and telekinetically shoved it into the wall, before lunging forward to pierce its heart with a precise strike of her weapon.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"There's still so much wildlife on New Cov that I don't know. It's fascinating." It'd be more so if they weren't currently trying to kill all of the inhabitants of this dome. Kahlil raised a hand, guiding the Force forward to suddenly lift up a batch of the more bestial looking creatures from the ground. Forced them to hover above, unmoving towards the group of civilians that were trying to run and escape.

Then brought it down to send them right into the ground they'd been running on.

"Find the breach, close it. Make sure it stays closed. I do love your briefings." He teased, just a little, as he glanced over towards her before again looking around them. For now, the area was clear. It wouldn't stay that way.

"Get to the Spaceport! More Jedi are on their way. They'll be able to tend to any wounded there. If you find anyone, tell them the same! Help, if you can, but make sure you get there. Now go!"

Valery Noble Valery Noble

Tag: Under Foot Under Foot Daiya Daiya
Objective: Loot Bio-molecules

Poor Hex hears voices in her head

Hex speech to others
Hex speech to herself

Hexes inner voices
'...Neutral...'
'...Doubt...'
'...Anger...'

Coloured '.....' are also words that Hex can hear , but I decided not to write them to reduce clutter

Untitled55-20220518133449.png

image-3.png

Is there such a thing as too much explosives? The answer is unequivocally yes, particularly if the sentence ends, for a teenage girl to carry on her person. But here she was, hanging upside down from a narrow cable, high above the streets of Ilic City with her partner in crime.

Hex and Daiya Daiya had come up here to help set a distraction for their friend's heist. Blow up a few of the panels and then drop in from above to help, easy work for a girl with a real head for heights. She was lucky that with the size of the city dome, and the stolen technician jumpsuit she wore over her armour allowed her to pass unnoticed up here. Hex had thought this through, these panels were vital to the safety of the people in the city, vital enough that the authorities would quickly react to her strike. But picking ones at the top would make it very difficult for many of the monsters outside to get in, give the dome residents the fear of death without actually putting them at much risk.

'...How thoughtful...'
"I'm a fething angel!"
she replied as she pulled piece of her gum out of her mouth and wrapped it around the remote detonator cap.

She stuck the gum to the centre of the panel, they were going to blow about a half dozen and was almost ready to go, admiring their handiwork and looking at the clip. She might just hang here for a few more moments and enjoy the view, it was pretty here. But then her peace was rudely interrupted by loud sirens and the soundof gunfire...."Oh chit! That wasn't me?!?" she twisted around to the sound of the noise, she had been told about the sirens, they would go.off as soon as the dome was breached, she hadnt even... "chit!"

<<Hey Under Foot Under Foot you got someone else setting bombs for you? Im hurt?>>
she said with a giggle through the communicator. <<dropping in now, see you soon!>>

"You ready to drop?"
she shouted to Daiya as she saw her also apparently finished laying gum charges. Hex waited for a response reached up and put her hand around the quick release clasp on her cord held her breath and then pulled it. The drop was sudden and exhilarating, with Hex allowing herself to enjoy it for a few seconds before pulling her board around to her front, and then under her feet, activating it and skimming low over the rooftops towards where Underfoot was meeting her.

She quickly looked back, checking that Daiya had also managed to get clear safely on her own lines. It was probably unnecessary now but "Feth it...", she hit the remote detonator. In the sky above the city, six small explosions popped off, enough to be heard and seen from the ground. It was only enough to hopefully shatter the toughened windows, but not enough to cause any damage below beyond raining down thousands of tiny peices of marbled glass

"We get in. We grab the goods. We get the feth out of here."

Underfoot's voice crackled through the comms to Hex. <<Sounds perfect, can head to your marker now!>> Hex leaned her board and headed along the new route towards the marker. Daiya would have the same messages, but her own method of transport required different skills so Hex would just have to assume she was following. As she got lower she could see the signs of panic on the ground, local police trying to marshal scared groups of people, it was a scene reminiscent of a Denon riot only on a much smaller scale.

New Cov
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble | Open to enemies

"Fascinating?" Valery asked in disbelief. "More like terrifying." She smirked a little and cut down another beast before she positioned herself between some civilians and another creature. Of course, she wasn't actually scared of them herself — she had practically grown up in the New Cov jungles, but fear ran deep in the people of this city.

The two then continued their fight, and Kahlil was quick to point out her briefing again. Her fiery gaze snapped to him, narrowed, and a small huff followed. "I wasn't giving a briefing," she insisted. "...just coordinating the plan with my beloved husband~" She flashed him a toothy grin, winked, and jumped over him. Flipped even, as she went after the one remaining beast and struck it down.

Kahlil used the opportunity to rally people to where they needed to go, and everything seemed to go well. People were moving to safety, Jedi were securing them at the spaceport, and they'd handle the breach.

But then she felt something.

As Hex Hex 's presence reached out through the Force, Valery froze and reached for her temples. She saw an explosion, heard screams, and for just a second or two, she felt as if she was back on that train on Denon. With a grim expression, she turned to her husband, who could feel the way she felt.

"She's here."

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil's brow twitched for a brief moment. Danger. Lots of danger.

Not from the beasts.

He acted without delay, even before the explosions went off. A hand raised as he reached out, pulled on the Force. The sky erupted. Well, not really erupted. Planned explosions sent ripples across the panel so far up, raining shards down upon the already panicked city. Shards of razor sharp glass from that high up didn't need to be large to hurt people. With that height? It would a deadly rain.

But it wasn't. The sky lit up with foreign runes, flashing a bright white before dimming to an icy blue. All at once the panel that was sent to fall froze, barely an inch from where it had started to fall from. Frozen and still, at least for the time being. Gone was the calm smile, replaced by a focused near glare.

".. Then we go get them. Reach out to Liin. There must be something in this city worth enough for a group of terrorists to blow the panels and set the city in a craze."

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Hex Hex | Liin Terallo Liin Terallo | Under Foot Under Foot | Daiya Daiya

Objective D then C. Whatever Ria the Cat Ria the Cat is doing. After….
Stealing art. ALL THE ART! Possibly also any yoghurt but definitely art.

In a nearby family or corporate vault.

Rope descended….

Whiskers twitched.

A small upside-down nose sniffed, gradually lowering itself.

A line of wire was cut with a laser torch, and a red alarm system was turned off. Out of a roof hatch a small black bundle came.

Slowly lowering himself down inch by inch. Head darting one way than the other. He froze and sniffed around for danger. It could only be one man. One Squib. The undefeated Pirate LORD Squeeb. An invincible force of nature in his own mind. Whiskers readying in veritable preparation for the gauntlet ahead.

Sensor readings flashed on his wrist! Taking out a small jamming device, it was placed on the rope to mask his approach from any prying eyes. Phew.

Further down… he sprayed a small smoke line below himself, spotting laser trip lines! Squeeb swung his small body against the wall and clung to it. Taking out a holo mirror device and slowly tried to position it to reflect the beam back to the wall. When they were in the right place he turned on the mirrored glass to replace the holo, and it bounced a signal back. Doing the same for each. Phew.....

A droid guard below! He froze in place as it began to activate. Firing a small ion dart right into its head forehead, the droid buzzed and collapsed. Almost there…..

The mighty pirate LORD squeeb was fast and he was small which both worked to his advantage. Everyone ignored him at their peril! They would remember the day they almost caught pirate lord squeeb! Dressed in some very average Durastreet Triad Armor. Not that he'd ever admit it but his luck had not been the greatest of late. Minus the hud or helmet because his whiskers had to run free! On his back, he carried a large folded-up bag, and around his belt were fifteen devices to make his life easier.

Little did he know but today Squeeb could meet the greatest opponent the Pirate Lord had yet faced on his travels here today. One the galaxy over could only describe as a horror beyond words. Something that inspired nightmares in the greatest sith. Making the most heroic Jedi surely turn and run.

Yes… it was… a cat.

Zel cleaved his way through the hordes of strange creatures, his recording device capturing the attack in all of it's details as he made his way through.

"It seems New Cov is beginning to stir with more than just resistance to the ongoing attack," he noted as he cut a path threw the monsters. "Strange third parties have begun to slip into the domed city unannounced, no doubt to take advantage of the chaos..."

".. Then we go get them. Reach out to Liin. There must be something in this city worth enough for a group of terrorists to blow the panels and set the city in a craze."

Faint talking just around the corner caught the Mandalorian's attention. Terrorists? In the city? It seemed that history was unfolding far more dramatically around him than he had initially anticipated. Zel rounded the corner, dispatching another beast to find a pair of Jedi, prolific figured even in their own time. As a man obsessed with capturing history in the moment, the Blubreen need not be introduced to the likes of the New Jedi Order's top councilmembers.

"Greetings!" he called out to them, waving the hand that still had a blaster clutched in it. "I couldn't help but overhear an alarming mention of terrorists. Perhaps I can be of some assistance."

He could be a good samaritan and get to capture an event unseen by the rest of the galaxy. He simply couldn't resist throwing his helmet into the ring.

Objective C: Use the attack to your advantage
Equipment: Phase II Powderpunk Armor, Neon Phoenix, Darkwire Doorbells, Shocking Apples, Ants, Chewing Gum, Combo Breakers, Little Sister
Team A-Mazing: Under Foot Under Foot Hex Hex

slQCnMc.png

It's for the credits.

That's what Daiya told herself as she gritted her teeth and nursed her protesting stomach on the starship ride here. A queasy, young shadowrunner had stomached the plan with her partners in crime with that in mind. Since Under Foot had the details, and Hex had the ingredients for their distraction, she was happy to follow their lead. It certainly made it easier for her own confidence, the last time Daiya planned something involving explosives, she lost a lot more than the notoriety she gained.

She also found it incredibly amusing to watch Undie stammer and blush through the awkward tension with Hex.

The teen felt more assured that it was her at the top of the dome with Hex. Below them, Undie was scouting out the city itself for their target's location. She could see the drop appear as a marker on her helmet's HUD, the ping lighting up her vision. If she turned to look at the small city below, the tiny holographic map would give way to an overlay across the physical building. Daiya couldn't do that yet, her explosives still weren't set properly.

A sharp noise sounded through the suit's speakers.

"I thought we weren't starting yet, Hex!" The sound was followed quickly by the familiar report of a weapon, lulling Daiya back into her Denon routines. She was halfway through the command to adjust the volume, hoping to regain the last second of concentration needed, when her the suit caught wind of repeated shots below. That finally pulled the young shadowrunner's focus away to stare below at the city, where Under Foot's building was marked in a glowing purple glow for her convenience. She shook her head and told herself, "It's for the credits."

The sounds were coming from farther away, closer to the edge of the dome. She could have asked her HUD to zoom in, the command was right on the tip of her tongue. The teen was startled by her friend asking if she was ready. "Chit," Daiya muttered, quickly turning back to the small explosives she'd been setting. The last was like putty in her hands, working it between her fingers before she could put it up. "Justholdonasecond!"

"One..."
"More..."​
"...there!"​

Daiya made the handshape that released the liquid cable attaching her to the top of the dome just before the top blew out above her. Her heart flew to her throat, nearly choking out her thrilling scream. This was better than any speeder flying, and far better on Denon. Here, the rooftops were small and far below, there was little need to avoid an oddly-jutting cloudcutter built too close to zoning regulations or out of pure spite for a competitor's. The teen feel free, screaming and giggling halfway down before she reached out an arm again.

The liquid cable shot out at the first tall building she passed on her way down, and Daiya let out most of the line before making a fist. It caught her, jolting her shoulder hard, arcing her fall in a long, curved swing. Shards of the dome fell around her as the teen swung through it, a giddy energy propelling her more deliberately than the cable line. At the tip of her swing she let it go, and launched the liquid cable toward the next building.

She hit the ground hard, rolling forward into it to spend the rest of her momentum. The padding of her suit kept Daiya from any injury worse than a bruise, far better than it would have been from a straight free-fall from the dome top. "Hex, Undie," her voice came scattered from a lack of steady breath. The young shadowrunner picked herself up and started toward the location of Hex her HUD displayed for her. It was closer than the Squib and she figured her friend was already heading to him. "Something tells me we gotta make this fast..."

The Neon Lady was already ahead of her, and Daiya pushed her pace to breathless speed. "We're not..."

"The only ones..."

Daiya caught up with her friend, patting her shoulder to slow down. She held up a finger to breathe for a moment, in order to finish what she was saying. "Something's happening in here, I saw shooting and everyone's running away from one part of the dome." She made sure her comms were flicked on so Under Foot could hear as well, and motioned for Hex to continue leading them to the rendezvous. "I dunno what, but it's probably gonna complicate our plan."

Those credits had better be worth it!

Outside of the biodome protecting Ilic city a gathering of the Horde and their minions increased. They pushed at themselves to get into the opening. Once an emergency exit point; the heavy durasteel door is now no longer there. In it's place is nothing but a sea of limbs, claws and rows of serrated teeth. Their screams and shrieks echo and bounce from the buildings within. Mercilessly they attack and tear at anyone that comes into their path. And those that are shot at or cleaved in half by lightsabers find themselves to be stampeded by the others behind them.

Luck shines upon them for multiple explosions at the top of the biodome brings the jungle a window of opportunity. High pitched screams that are almost too high to hear cry out from above. The makers of those screams are none other than the Deathbats. Like a fleet of starfighters banking hard for a dive, the Deathbats enter the protected sanctuary of the biodome and swarm any moving targets on the roofs that they can find. And as there aren't too many to be found there, they fly towards the bright lightsabers, attracted to the light like moths to a flame.

There are many warehouses in Ilic, both in the distribution centers as well as underground. Most of their security guards find themselves helping the fleeing masses, leaving but mere skeleton crews to protect the shipments awaiting transport. Breaking into one shouldn't be too difficult for the members of Darkwire. And with the stealth that they use, discovering just which warehouse that they have chosen as their target will not be an easy one with all of the chaos.

Tag: Junko Ike Junko Ike Junko Ike Junko Ike Sylas Taff Sylas Taff Sylas Taff Sylas Taff Valery Noble Valery Noble Valery Noble Valery Noble Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Zel Sharratt Zel Sharratt Zel Sharratt Zel Sharratt Under Foot Under Foot Under Foot Under Foot Hex Hex Hex Hex Daiya Daiya Daiya Daiya Ria the Cat Ria the Cat Ria the Cat Ria the Cat Squeeb Squeeb Squeeb Squeeb Cartri Keswoll Cartri Keswoll Cartri Keswoll Cartri Keswoll Lord Reficite Lord Reficite Aculia Voland Aculia Voland

=============================
I can find no reason to resist as Mister Skip helps me to stand. No doubt he can tell that I am a little frightened. How can I not be? The monsters in ever Covie's nightnares are here within the city! And I cannot do anything about it! I am no warrior or gunslinger! I am a Lady. Violence does not become us.

"Take me home. I need to be there. It is probably the safest place for me." And it is where my parents are sure to be. We have a shelter in our apartment; a sort of panic room as it were. It is designed to protect us in a variety of scenarios including one such as this. I just have to get there first.

Right away I think of the favor that Narran Ando Narran Ando had given me weeks ago. Dare I use it now and summon the likes of Mr Black Mr Black ? No. No, I should hold off. Mister Skip is my bodyguard and taking me to my apartment should not be something that he will fail at. I just hope that he is an expert at driving the speeder.

Tag: SKIP SKIP

Code Of Silence
Factory Judge
IvOP36J.png

Team A-Mazing: Daiya Daiya Hex Hex Under Foot Under Foot
Liin Terallo Liin Terallo @Everyone Else!​
9q2Hq0b.png

Somewhere in High Orbit above New Cov...

The Samhain's Derelict, an immense and intimidating warship long past its prime, hung like some dark & foreboding eldritch creature preparing to encompass the emerald green planet below in its gullet. The centuries-old command vessel-turned Darkwire flagship was (much like the mysterious rebel group who'd stolen it) a patchwork of materials; it's hull having been mended with any piece of scrap or debris Darkwire could find. Whatever or whomever had originally manufactured the vessel had long-since been lost to time, and since coming under the control of Denon's mysterious & poorly-organized band of rebels & freedom fighters, was practically unrecognizable from its original form.

Many of the ship's systems were either completely defunct or had been retrofitted with tech appropriated from vessels much newer than itself. Most were notoriously unpredictable, including life-support, weapons, and shields. It was a wonder that the great hulking beast had gotten this far into the Mid Rim, anyway.

At least, that was how Ivory saw it.

Standing in the vessel's bridge, the raven-haired rebel woman was staring intensely at a screen in-front of her. The sounds of other Shadowrunners around her mingled with the various knocks, creaks, and musical notes one might expect to find on any bridge, and did nothing to shake her steadfast & intense concentration at the images she was watching. On the screen, a steady stream of images of the planet below - namely, the massive crystalline dome her friends Under Foot Under Foot , Hex Hex , and Daiya Daiya had infiltrated - flashed by, with many of them pirated from the city's very own internal security footage. The Derelict's own sensors were trained planet-side, monitoring the unfolding events as a horde of creatures flooded the biodome from the dark, lethal jungles.

Here, with Darkwire, on their old flagship, Ivory avoided dressing in the sophisticated business-attire members of The Family had grown accustomed to seeing her in... Instead, she was wearing a far more militant guise; black BDUs tucked into a pair of worn combat boots with steel-capped toes, a thin black tanktop, and a black combat vest adorned with numerous pockets bulging with assorted gear. Strapped to her thigh, a powerful hand cannon - a DDS-77 'Silverhand' - rested in a fast-draw rig, and was accompanied by a sheathed fighting knife and extra ammunition. Resting against the bulkhead beside her, a Fiora FDS-15S Scattergun 'Mag-rifle' was propped up, close to hand and ready to be slung.

'The Donna' looked prepared for war.

Intensely, blinking her violet eyes, Ivory chewed on her bottom lip.

A drop-ship was prepared, and if necessary, she was prepared to run a rescue operation down onto the planet personally. The small crew of 'hiesters' weren't without support, but when they'd begun this little venture, there'd been no sign of such a drastic complication as a wave of lethal, inhuman beasts racing to overpower & destroy whomever or whatever they could find.

Things had gotten way more complicated.

"Come on, guys..." She muttered under her breath, silently urging the trio of Shadowrunners onward.

Aculia Voland

Protecting her children from the shadows.
Liin Terallo Liin Terallo Sylas Taff Sylas Taff

“Confirmed payment of delivery by smart contract, Captain! Doesn’t seem to be from the government proper, but nonetheless the objective of removing the offending creatures is the same!” reported Severin.

“Roger, any word on whether or not evacuating civilians is part of it?” Aculia asked.

“No, sir. No mention of that. It looks like the local government is handling such matters, from some of our passively intercepted comms, it seems some Jedi are involved but what to degree or who is unknown. They seem to be rallying around the spaceport.”

“Good, it means we can focus on the actual objective of removing the creatures, and if they want to do such work for free, let them.”

I wonder what the Order is doing here of all places, I'm pretty sure this isn't Alliance territory, at least not yet. They seem to have an awful lot of free time to adventure outside their borders.

“I want our SAWACS squadron in the air now to identify any breaches in the structural integrity of the dome and to provide C4 capabilities for us. Those need to be collapsed or sealed off or we will face an endless wave of those monsters. Scramble the 1st Black Eagles and 1st Black Owls to provide air support, we need them as soon as possible. Prepare the dropships for the insertion of the Rangers and special support teams, optimize their launchers for fragmentation rounds along with some high explosives for the hardier creatures. I will join them once I have fully analyzed the situation."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Determinant Outcome~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rolls: 14 (Above Average) , 16, 17, 19 (Expertly Done)
As the Black Arguses deployed, cloaked, and rapidly made their way down to around the edge of the city to provide critical reconnaissance data, Aculia and her small team of bridge officers crowded around the tactical map in the center of the bridge. Soon enough, accurate data concerning the extent of the breaches and their locations flowed across it, thanks in part the great and timely job her observers did. Aculia tapped her hands on the display, thinking as she took stock of her options.

Structural breach at the ground level, seems to be only one for now. Odd, there does not seem to be any obvious damage...malfunction? Sabotage? Well, we aren't being paid to investigate, we're to end this situation as soon as possible with as few of our lives lost as possible.

"Sir! Incoming reports of detonations on panels near the top of the dome!"

"I want a real time feed NOW, Severin!"

"Yes, sir."

Soon enough a live video feed of the top of the dome could be seen on the table, just in time to catch a glimpse of something, or someone, descending down into the city through some of the recently destroyed panels. She doubted the monsters outside were sentient and had mastered chemical engineering, so that left only one option.

As I thought, saboteurs of some kind? Not my problem, only if they plan to make more holes...

She did not have much time to think, however, as soon a horde of flying creatures, seeing the opportunity to get in, began to enter the blown out panels. She put a hand on her head and sighed.

"I want a full scan of the rest of the dome for anyone still on the outside-if someone plans to make more breaches in the panels, gun them down. We can't contain the situation if people keep opening more holes than we are able to plug. I want the Black Eagles to clear the skies around those blown out panels, have the Black Owls on standby in the event we need serious CAS. We will deploy a few of our squads via Ospreys with portable shield generators on top of the dome to seal off that portion. The rest will infiltrate with dropships through those blown out panels and assist with the ground cleanup."

She paused, taking a drink of her brandy as she did so.

"Severin, with me. We're going to have to close that gap on the ground floor as soon as possible. We'll likely have to use the Koshmars to seal it off. The question is whether or not to use those or if we can get away with the regular warheads for area denial. It'll depend on the structural integrity of the area and other factors..."

Last edited:
The sound of the bats was one thing.. the feeling of others in the force something else aand She felt her shoulders rolling... relaxing in the moment as hands moved deftly and carefully to her hair pulling it tighter and fixing it with small clasps so it was out of the way. Her cloak coming off and she moved a finger down the materia of the robes tightening them up more akin to a bodysuit so she had nothing to grab and get snagged on buildings or people. Her saber in a clasp on the front of her belt and she looked at one of the droid porters attacked and snatched away for a moment before falling into a building.

"Hey... he was carrying my shoes bring those back." She shouted it and moved catching wit the force one of the bags and lowering it before seeing another smack into a building and only one heel come back to her. A few others disappeared as she looked at the thing going up and then circling as she picked up the heel and focused on it. Force energies dancing off of her hand when she inbued it and then.... she pulled back and let it fly as the heel spun around and smacked into the head stunning the bat and bouncing to a second and then a third before returning to her hand. "Goodbye heel... I never got to take you to a party."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom