Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Deals of All Types and Sizes

My Father has gifted me a special ring. After reading some of my reports and overseeing the contracts that I have made for NCBC thus far, he thought it best that I carry along with me something that can give me a bit of an edge. There are many practioners of the Force, some of which hide their abilities. He told me that this ring holds special properties that allows me to see whether or not the person that I am near is one of them. There are some conditions to it of course, and I cannot see one aspect to it given my lack of seeing pigments of color. But the faint glow that it creates is someyhing that I can see.

There is always a fear in politics of one being manipulated. Force practioners are highly suspect of such things in that regard. I am not weak minded, however I am young and as one Darth Temerant Darth Temerant so eliquently put it; I have lived my life in a bubble. So I am more or less susceptible to some of the harshness of the outside worlds.

For now though I am at home in Ilic. Our apartment is quite a fair size. I have my own wing and given that I am not yet a Junior member of the Board of Directors; it is my drawing room that is used for my office among other things. And it is here that I tend to meet with potential customers and businessmen to negotiate contracts. Biomolecules are increasing in both popularity and need. That comes with it's own set of potential problems. However I like to think that some of the deals that I have secured will help to rectify that problem.

Another individual should be arriving shortly. I watch for his arrival through my window with a glass of wine in my hand. My dress is not as flashy given that it is raining over the city's biodome. The rain pelts the transparisteel, creating it's own symphony that many have learned to tune out. But I myself find it to be cozy. Yet still I believe myself to be very well dressed and it is my wine in hand that keeps me from fidgeting with the new ring that adorns my right index finger.

Tag: Lord Reficite Lord Reficite

Sometimes it was considered unusual to dress up, to impress a possible new...interest. A Sith for one, would never wear what they consider formal clothing unless it was long, flowing and considered a robe. This instance required more...subtlety. The whole outfit had to go, considered rather distracting towards the average person...plus it got ruined so it was put away. The helmet? Almost the same story but he tried to wear it, but it did not feel right. Literally, the whole outfit had to tell the story, all the while not ruining the appearance of the man itself. For the first time in a year, the first time even in revival, he would allow himself to be shown to the public. At least of course...in this body.

For the first time in probably a hundred years he would estimate, maybe more...a Sith Lord had worn a tuxedo. Not robes, no fancy battle armor...a literal tuxedo. More so, statements always had to be made and what better way than to call in a favor. Driving up in a rather strange yet luxurious vehicle, the Sith Lord would park the vehicle out front next to other speeders. It seemed strange to drive a wheeled vehicle, but there was something unique about it, something bold. He had only wished the creator would figure out other designs to play with later.

Slowly, with the vehicle now off, Darth Reficite would exit the vehicle, thankful the biodome kept the rain from pelting him from afar. Standing straight up, he seemed a bit out of view but he seemed...in the right place. Giving a rather good stroll, a quick walk, he approached the building while fidgeting with his own cuff link, holding a rather strange thing long box in his other arm. Just because he knew how to wear one, does not mean he was the expert of keeping up his own appearance, unaware he could been watched by Liin herself! Buttoning once again the cuff link, he spoke out as his voice could echo into the halls once entering the building, possibly near Miss Terallo. It sounded rather professional, even if a bit shallow of a voice at first before gaining strength, as if having fought a small cough.

"The name is Arbosa, Neva. Reficite also if listed."

Then he would start to stroll, as if guided towards with another set of footsteps. Upon entering into the wing where he was supposed to be, he would be left alone with a simple nod from the other, his face comically obscured by the long package. A package that contained three different gifts, one from a company that wanted to send well wishes, another that was considerably more minor but with well intention, and one personally from Reficite himself, a small side project per say. Knocking at the door then ringing the doorbell/intercom, he would await if allowed inside or not yet he did speak up towards the door...unless he was snuck up upon as he sometimes was not the brightest when it comes to other forms of exit/entry.

"Miss Terallo, I believe I have an appointment with you within the two minutes. May I gain entry?"

If the door finally opened or if she possibly snuck around/been outside the room, she would see the face of Darth Reficite. Whether or not he chose the body, he was at least lucky enough to have something called a look to match the outfit.

Liin Terallo Liin Terallo

He is here! Or rather I think that that may be my guest moving down the walkway. It is hard to be certain for the man I am watching is carrying a long box. I do not recall having anything ordered. And he was fancier dressed than what one would normally expect from a courier. I find my mind wandering as to what can be found inside the long box ranging anywhere from rolled up canvases, to long stemmed flowers, to newly forged blades.

My mind cannot linger on the possibilities for long, however. No sooner did he enter the apartment that my staff were already letting me know about it. I finished my wine and set the cup down on the tray which is soon carried off via the staff access doors. And it is straight to a mirror that I move towards to double-check on my appearance. Every wave and curl is in their proper place. My dress is free of wrinkles and straight as is intended. Perfect.

The knock arrives at my door and I am not at all startled. On the contrary I am eager to take yet another step towards gaining membership in the Board of Directors.

I approach the door and open it, offering my guest a polite smile. I can hardly see much of him beyond the box that he carries, but I can hear him nonetheless. "Yes please come in." I step back into the room to give him enough space to walk in. "Whatever is it that you have brought along with you? Please set it on a table do as not to burden yourself with it." Is it heavy? I cannot tell for he looks much stronger than I am.

The door had opened to show a rather lovely lady before him. It had been a long while since he even though about anothers appearance though he had to admit, this one was interesting to just glance towards. The Sith Lords hair was thankfully in the right spot, even though it could be considered messy in some cultures. Giving a small yet polite nod towards Miss Terallo, Darth Reficite would enter and hear to place the box onto the table. Placing it carefully onto the table, he had it faceup as it had a faux ribbon on top and could easily be opened to reveal what was inside.

"A collection of gifts for you, from associates and myself. Angelus Hafey sends his regards but sadly has had a largely busy schedule since his headquarters fell in the Outer Rim. But regardless, enjoy your gifts first, no expense was to much...even from my own."

Slowly taking a seat near the table, the box itself would not feel heavy if at all, it would feel rather light, only a few pounds. Opening the top, it would reveal boxes of various sizes. Each weighted roughly the same save for the last box, letting some imagination grow a bit.

The first was from Angelus Hafey, with a small prewritten note "I still hope ladies such as yourself, still enjoy the old tradition of cards.". Inside the box was a set of ornate playing cards, three sets to be in particular. One was a traditional set of playing cards for solitare and other numerical games. Another set was a complete Sabacc deck, weighing a bit more than the previous. The final set was for Pazaak, one that could be considered rather expensive as it seemed to be a competitive pre-made deck. Each deck was made with a material known as Phkalt Metal, a slightly heavy substance but with a simple coating, was nothing more than a mere increase of a gram, making the decks tolerable and even a shine unlike any others, like jewelry. There was even a small magnet on the inside, one for a keychain that could be rubbed against the cards to turn them invisible, blend against the light with a small phrase under one of the decks. "Magnetic in Personality, can Vanish like a Smile."

Second was a rather unusual box. Opening it would reveal a cutlery set, one that was complete for any form of dining occasion and shined into the light. Lifting a single one would reveal an expert craftsmenship that seemed incredibly rare in this part of the Galaxy, much more towards the metal once found out. It was made of Songsteel, one of the most difficult yet beautiful, durable silver metals in the galaxy. A set like this would been worth a fortune though who sent it would been rather unknown, the tag on top being a mere set of initials, noting it to be only of the letters L.S.

The final gift would be the lightest in the bunch, having a set of initials as well yet it was more known, N.A., the person she was meeting with today. Inside the box was of actually two of the three things she expected. Long Stemmed Flowers...but on a Canvas. Each one was carefully arranged and pressed onto the canvas, a strange set of the most dangerous kinds of Dart Flowers. While pressed on, they were painted around them in their environment and their poisonous needles gone. Their luster still remained and they seemed to oddly enough, still move back and forth, like a live canvas amongst the grassy background.

"I hope all that you guessed, is possibly what you have found Miss Terallo."

"For me? Oh this is an unexpected surprise. Thank you kindly. And do pass along my condolences for his recent losses."

This is such a surprise. At most I have been given a little box of tea from one of my guests. Any other gifts have been given to me from my parents. So to see a rather large box presented before me is really quite the shock!

Still I keep myself composed while I lift up the lid and peer inside. Upon reading the little note I cannot help but smile. I do indeed play cards, including while on my own. Sometimes it is a good way to spend a rainy afternoon when the day's tasks are complete. I study each pack gingerly. The magnetic keychain carries it's own charm and I laugh a little in spite of myself as I think of it's uses while playing cards.

I open up the next box, not recognizing the letters and to my surprise there is cutlery inside. I remove one if the forks and draw it up to study the detailing. "These are beautifully made. Who may I ask have passed this along? Or do they wish to remain anomynous?" I am sure to direct the staff to use them in the dining hall on ocassions where I have guests. Perhaps when I have another Royal visit will be appropriate.

And finally there came the biggest surprise of them all. A painted canvas with beautiful flowers. Even with my condition, I can still find beauty in the shades that they were painted with. "This is....unlike anything that I have seen before. Are these pressed? And did you paint this yourself, Mister Arbosa?" I myself am a painter, although all of my work is hidden from the public. Art is a distraction from politics and it is the political path that I must walk.

"All of these are wonderful and I shall cherish them very much." I carefully replace all of the items back in the box. They will be put into their proper places later. But for now I should tend to my guest. "Would you like any refreshments, Mister Arbosa? I have some prepared if you do."

Each box being opened was interesting as the last one, seeing the ladies emotions and her reactions meant the most towards each interaction. This was going very well. When the first question was asked on the second box, he did not lie at all.

"A Mr. Luctus, a masterful metalsmith. He does love messing with the forge in his offtime...could make nearly anything from songsteel, a specialty of his. He heard about the meeting and thought it be appropriate for a gift."

He did leave out however Luctus was not...in a good state of mind. Nor in any state to be presented in a diplomatic meeting, more or less the type presented to end a meeting violently. When the last box was opened, he felt a bit of pride to hear she never saw anything like them. Leaning a bit more forward, he nodded a bit and spoke with pride in his voice.

"They are pressed, true Dart Flowers. Very dangerous when in the ground...it was an artform I deeply enjoyed in my youth. Painting and plants mixed together...sadly, it never did pay the bills but it always eases my mind."

Hearing she had prepared refreshments, he would give a curt nod and speak once more, placing his hand into the tuxedo to pull out some paperwork and some information he had found out about. Opening up while he talked, he looked for a bit of information.

"Yes, that would actually be quite nice. I am a bit parched, any form of tea would be splendid right about now...ah ,here it is. Biomolucules, hope I said that right. Wonderful things, to have the chance to change towards terraforming, medical practices and of course but unfortunate, war use. I was curious on...what is planned or done so far. At the very least, any products that could...contributing currently? I wish to invest and just curious what New Cov may currently be needing at this time?"

I must remember to pass along thank you notes for the gifts. Writing notes is never something that I pass down for some secretary to do. In truth I am in between secretaries at the moment given a recent tragedy. Yet another will be hired in time once the right candidate is found.

Both of my eyebrows rise in surprise as I learn that Mister Arbosa created that masterpiece. I have had yet to come across another artist besides my instructor. Now he would be someone to show some of my own paintings to. And his technique is surely something that I wish to learn.

He asks for tea and so I move to a side table where the tea is waiting. I lift off the tea cozy and then the pot itself, pouring the steeped tea into a meticulously detailed cup. Each of them are white with floral accents of the local flora found in the jungles. I find them to be pleasant to look at, if one cares for such things.

I return to the table and carefully set down his cup and saucer while he reads over his notes. A clinking noise reminds me of the ring on my finger. I had forgotten to test it when he had arrived! I was too distracted with the box to have thought to shake his hand. Perhaps in parting then, if I remember. I should remember. Not remembering will not go in my favor.

Forcing those thoughts to the back of my mind, I take my seat across from him. My ankles are crossed and tucked beneath me under the chair. My back and shoulders are straight and poised while my hands are delicately folded on top of the table.

"Biomolecules, yes. Terraforming is one beneficial aspect of them that we can continue to contribute to. They help in medicines and healing; not unlike the likes of which of bacta. However I like to think that the biomolecules act at a quicker pace. I am not aware of the biomolecules being weaponized yet outside of being folded into metals that can potentially be used for blades. I do know that our scientists are testing such a new metal to be used in the hull of ships; and perhaps even in shelters. There are a number of uses that can equally increase dividends in an investment portfolio." And with an increased demand comes an increase in equipment needed to cultivate and harvest the biomolecules from the jungles. Of this I am well aware.

Carefully, he would turn himself to where he would better situate himself nearby towards the side table. Pulling a bit on the cuffs once more, he was starting to understand why robes were always the better choice. When the tea cup and saucer was revealed, it made him appreciate a bit of the social life again, most notably how elegant they can be. Picking up the tea cup, he seemed very orientated on doing it all the correct way. He was elegant but it slowly became apparent it was late in life. Not all the body language was there, only around the top half. Enjoying the floral patterns around the cup, he wondered where the floral designs could have come from...they looked oddly life-like to him.

The aroma was instant towards his nostrils, leaning down he would give small sips of the delicious beverage. It had been a while since he had a good cup of tea, even longer since it was in a formal setting such as this. His eyes would lift and study her for a brief moment, not looking her over as an object but more or less intrigued towards as a person. Looking at the hands towards the face, he really did study the nature of people though he never could read them always properly.

When Miss Terallo started to speak, he listened intently. Starship hulls was promising in warfare, perhaps one that breathed? It reminded him of some horror stories he heard, it made him wonder if it was possible for it to intertwine with others. Healing and medicine was discussed beforehand and it being potentially faster than Bacta with a better shelf life and effectiveness, would be monumental towards the Sith Order. Taking another sip, this time longer, he would finish and place it down with a careful clink and clatter of the saucer and cup together.

"A company turning a profit means a company that can keep expanding. It sounds like a great deal of interesting developments are starting to happen. I still have not I believe, heard an answer though. With growth, it will require...credits, facilities...even equipment, research personal. I can offer a great deal of many things, credits I can provide right now with little issue...Angelus I know would enjoy making a space station for future development or even experimenting with new hull technology. Droids perhaps for potential harvesting I assume, plots of land to grow? I am unsure how these...biomolecules are harvested."

I dip my head in almost a bashful light. Mister Arbosa was right. I did not answer his question. I am too used to promoting biomolecules first and foremost in that everything else is secondary. And even some things are even further down the line than that.

There is a big distinction between a professional and private life. And it is a distinction that I will never blur. Only when I am alone do I drop my façade that I had been trained to uphold since I was very young and put myself first. Except for sleep those kinds of moments are very rare.

"Plots of land are not required. As you may have seen on your way down towards the domes, there is plenty of vegetation beyond them. Expanding on research facilities, perhaps underground might be something worth investing in. Although they would need to be built below the domes. It is much safer that way and far more secure. Is that something that interests you, Mister Arbosa?"

I cannot give away the secrets of just how the biomolecules are cultivated and harvested. That knowledge should remain to the Covie and the Covie alone.

A facade may be what Darth Reficite tries to hold up, but it was harder to imagine himself back into an older life. How was it a mere spy, a soldier of one of the smallest groups of his generation...come towards being a Sith Lord? The biggest facade was most likely knowing what he been doing this whole time and lying that he always been doing it for the good of the Galaxy. So much had changed...though her words echoed him back into reality, hearing her answer. Giving a bit of a cough, he straightened his bow tie.

"So...funding of underground research facilities? That is something of interest, means the production stays much closer towards the dome. Yes, I would invest into more guarded research facilities."

Going into his tuxedo, he grabbed out a small box, roughly eight inches by six inches, six inches high and placed it onto the table. Messing with a small combination lock and pressing his index finger along with thumb in a particular spot, it made a dull beep noise before allowing it to be opened. Inside was a collection of jewels, some seemingly very valuable as he spoke out loud as he fished through the box with his fingers.

"Long ago, I made my investments in some jewel mines around the Galaxy. Most failed...but some bared the greatest fruit once waited on for so long. Nova Crystals fell out of fashion, Tumanian Pressure-Rubies was blockaded and assets seized...yet here, here is a jewel that can fund what you desire towards the Courscant Standard Carat. Seafah Jewels.

Placing the Seafah Jewels in one hand gently onto a piece of cloth nearby, he laid them out as they had a gentle sparkle. They resembled a mixture of blue colors, whom of course he did not understand yet she was color blind.

"Each Carat is worth approximately three thousand credits. Investing in a facility similar to this, they are mined on the seabed floor...and my investment has brought fruitfully...in approximation, at least six hundred kilograms for the mine on my part. I can part with say...twenty kilograms, meaning that be around one hundred thousand carats...three hundred million credits. That should be I hope, more than enough to speed along new lines of production, distribution, hiring of scientists...cultivators if there are any and any research developments. Does that sound...correct or is there more funding required for such a large project such as this?"

One of the things Darth Reficite had a drastic weakness over, was the complication of value in currency. He believed it to always be to much in flux and be ruined the next day. He generally invested where he could, anywhere where the currency can adjust towards itself. Jewels almost always had a value and he invested heavily into it...sometimes though in his rebirth, he forgets that the credits may be worth a lot instead of just saying a number nowadays. Though one could...go around it if needed. That or he may have offered to much...or to little.

I smile in appreciation as he seems interested in making an investment towards the underground facilities. There are some investors that would want control over every aspect of the operation and yet he seems content at just helping to fund it. And that in and of itself is something that the Board of Directors can get behind.

He pulls out another box from his person. It causes me to wonder of how many more boxes he carries. I find it to be very strange, but not in a bad way at all. On the contrary it makes him all the more unique.

I watch as jewels are placed upon a cloth and I listen intently as he speaks about them. They sparkle beautifully and I wonder if they lack color or if my condition limits my perception of them. Regardless, I still find them to be beautiful.

"I believe that such a large investment will go very far. I cannot pretend to know of the exact figures required, but three hundred million should put the project well underway. I thank you for this. Our industry means a lot to me." Indeed it is the only thing that makes New Cov special. Without it we would be open to hostilities like many other worlds.

"You are very smart to invest in commodities. What rate of return do you expect?" I know that these credits are hardly a gift like the others that I have been given. These credits are merely a loan that is expected to be repaid with interest.

Closing the box, he would slowly put it away but left the jewels on the table. Sometimes the best motivator, is the one always kept in front of ones self. Placing his hands together, he once again listened. The acceptance of this kind of commodity, this kind of credits was promising...now it was time to ask for what he wanted back. She was smart to even think of that in her next set of lines, she was indeed a future leader of the Directors Board.

"Well...thoughts have of course, passed my mind. Several times for that fact...but I only ask for two things."

Holding up his right hand, he gave a small smile as he would hold up a finger for each thing.

"First is rather simple, the organizations of the Sith Order would have first rights towards medical equipment or supplies. Meaning, that if stock is divided in say...a war, the orders of the Sith Order will be processed first. Prices of course is still yours to dictate...but it gives us at least priority. If stock of the biomolecules exist to heal soldiers, we will buy them out when required and push back against other buyers. If any standing orders exist, ours is to be filled first. Makes it to where we are constant buyers of your product...and always have established trade routes between the government and New Cov, meaning also it can be escorted militarily. There are probably more perks to this than you thought on but it would be a guarded commodity to say the least when it happens. If the Sith Order falls...then this part of the obligation be null and void."

"Second is more so my end since I generally invest more than other governments would do in a month. I think there is potential investment towards starship hulls, shelters and other forms of structures. I want one tenth (0.10) percent of all sales from that section of biomolecules for five years. Now...I will only collect the credits at the end of the fifth year. If development and sales project even higher than before, then I wish to have the option to reinvest all credits made within that five year period and settle on a one-hundredth percent (0.01) profit from that division till either a company sale, merger or dissolution to which case, I am no longer a viable factor in any regard."

Placing his hands back together, he slowly leaned back and tilted his head, giving a small smile. It became apparent...he had done this for not just a long time, but a very long time. If she only knew how many lives he had lived, how much people he had spoken through and how many deals he had brokered...it could be something tempting, almost as if a Bogan was standing on his shoulder.

The Sith....Order? I cannot hide my surprise at that. One of the few remaining superpowers had arrived here in an indirect way bearing gifts. They wish to monopolize our medicinal products for their soldiers. Not only that, but to protect those products along the trade route between our two territories. That in and of itself could be a double-edged sword. On the one hand with their near constant waging of wars, there will always be a strong customer base. However they seek to ensure that other customers of those products get pushed out of the line. And some of those customers will more than likely be their enemies.

The second thing that he wanted is a lot easier to accomplish. Most especially as I had already garnered a few contracts centering around ship hulls, framework and other designs.

Still it is not entirely up to me in making the decision. I am not yet a member. I learn what I can and put forth the case to the Board of Directors to decide.

"As you may well know, New Cov is close to Galactic Alliance space. There could possibly come a time upon which they would increase their territory around New Cov, posing a problem when it comes to militarily guarding your shipments. How will that affect the first portion of the deal?"

At this point in time New Cov preferred a more neutral stance when it comes to Galactic affairs. A deal like this might shift that balance towards one side. Was New Cov prepared for that? Not at this current time.

The brow was raised as he really should have thought about that. Of course he should have checked the companies location more carefully but things happen more often than not, even more when busy or having your Nexus broken into. Placing his finger tips together, he tapped them while leaning back to think of a response. It did pose a unique problem though he had a few answers...though he went with a rather safe one.

"We ask for preference and priority...if a time comes to where New Cov is aligned closer to the Galactic Alliance...so be it. If it starts to become a conflict of interest, then we can remove the notion of the first part of the agreement. If war was to break out between the two, we can revisit this even further if it becomes conflicted into politics and embargos. My only two goals is to have some form of medical supplies shipped between us...that and make my own set of investments for the future. If it means removing priority, so be it. We don't even need to have our military over, just the option of being able to buy them is more than enough."

He gave a small yet weak smile, he finally seemed a bit backed into the corner. One could take advantage of something like this. He did not seem to have a very good answer for the first part now and is struggling to think of a good compromise though he hoped he had done it. Though it may require much more wishful thinking on his part. Then again...who really knows what a lady thinks? It was dangerous to ever assume, as he still remembered painfully so many thousands of years ago.

"As you can well understand, I do not wish for New Cov to become a battleground. But I am not so naive to think that it will never happen. War will reach us eventually. I can only hope that you believe your investment to be worth protecting should that occur."

We are not without our own means to protect ourselves. However when it comes to a full scale invasion, we are not prepared. Although I am working on it through various deals and contracts.

"Other than that I believe that everything else is sound. Please understand that I am but the middle-man when it comes to proposals such as this. I am not yet a member of the Board of Directors, but I will send them the proposal with my own backing to it and let you know of their decision as soon as it is given. It will not take long; perhaps merely a day or two."

I had to put together my report first and give it to my parents to submit. One of these days I am going to become a Junior member and then later a Senior member like my parents. And then perhaps I will have more power in regards to the fate of New Cov. I am not power hungry by any means; but I do want what is best for my home world.

"War is sadly, one of those things that when it happens, it affects everyone. If only people still respect the idea of health...like they did at Manaan so long ago. But I do understand of course, such a choice will need full approval of everyone."

Slowly he started to stand up, giving a smile still as he brushed his tuxedo a few times before sticking his hand out to shake. While he did feel a tad disappointed, he hid it well enough. This could be the moment to take advantage of something if Liin did remember.

"Whatever the result of this proposal, it was a wonderful pleasure to have met you at the very least. Should there be any further questions, I am a mere holo-mail away."

I nod in kind, glad that him and I are both on the same page. I hope that I never have to see war myself. But really it is only a matter of time before I do. The attempted kidnapping of me had shown me that.

I rise as he does and take his hand in both of my own. I had remembered to test the ring. I look down at it, with the onw hand cupped on top I was able to see the skin around the ring lit up. I cannot see it's color, but it is enough for me to know that it is glowing. It comes at little surorise that he is a practioner of the Force. Nearly everyone that I have met that are not from New Cov are practioners. Some are Jedi and some are Sith like he has to be.

Speaking of which....

I release his hand and ask a question in regards to an investigation that is currently under way. "In your circles, have you heard anything about someone ordering a kidnapping of me? I only ask because I believe that the ones that tried were Sith. Although they could change their appearance, among other things. If it weren't for the jungles here being as dangerous as they are, I might be in a cage somewhere." I do not know of how many Sith orginizations there are, but surely news might of spread of such a notion.

With her hand extended, he would grasp gently her hand and gives a small smile but his emotion was given away, in surprise no less. The ring before him, glowed in a distinct set of color...the color of not the Sith Red, but that of a Grayish Crimson. Perhaps Darth Reficite was more cautious...or perhaps, his fate was not so dotted in like others would want to believe. Regaining his composure quite quickly on the glow, he improvised on the spot and and did what a particular Nolan Nond holo-series of movies would have done. Leaning down, he planted a small kiss on the ring itself, still unsure what it was but it did not seem to harm him. Possible some form of technology he had not heard of yet? Regardless, he let his voice move and speak a tad differently with a lot of confidence as he slowly let go of her hand in return.

"Till we meet again, my promise to you dear lady."

It was cheesy, it was possibly even more so horrible. If she was into movies, she could probably even link it...even though actors change often, the series did go on. If she caught on, she would know that whole scene mimicked what had happened before her. The movie, "Greener than Rodia", followed a rather Old Republic/New Republic spy on many adventures, this one though was more dramatic with the arts of Rodia, being mirrored from the moment Nolan Nond had to improvise in a play on the spot. Whether or not she caught on, it may nag her for a while if she even remotely heard about it. Though the question of her possible imprisonment, made his left eyebrow raise up.

"This is the first I have heard of this. I must admit...I am a bit recluse in my...studies. Sith such as that are rabid dogs, masters watching with a long leash. If there is indeed someone ordering a kidnapping, I will notify you when I can if it comes up. If it was someone...being watched, it will be dealt with."

The final words seemed to be a bit...more direct. Perhaps he had some pull or more so than noted before? Smiling a bit, he would slowly take his leave as he messed with his tuxedo again. He really just needed a tutor to help him figure out what to do with this kind of clothing!

(PS: Nolan Nond is my play on words for James Bond and Nolan North combined. James Bond was a major influence early on for my roleplay, mostly in spying.)

There was a pause there. Did he pick up on my ring's special gift? I can only hope that it's glow isn't too much or easily noticeable. However he draws so near to it and---he kisses it! Perhaps his hesitation was in regards to whether or not he would do that? I give a small smile in any case. The phrase that he uttered is familiar, yet I cannot quite place it. I will remember in due time, I am sure of it!

And I listen intently as he responds to my questions. Given that he had not heard of it, that tells me plenty. It can very well be that the kidnappers were merely opportunists working on their own. At any rate, it could be that informing him of such an attempt will protect me from any other attempts by Sith in the near future. Just so long as I remain on their good side. This is where politics comes in and I am forever thankful that New Cov is neutral for the time being.

"Thank you very much. I appreciate it. You will hear from me again very soon. Safe travels. And thank you again for these lovely gifts." I have been treated almost as though I am royalty lately, and I am really enjoying that feeling if I do say so, myself. Being a representative really does have it's perks.

{Wonderful! I have met Nolan North a few years ago. He's such a nice fellow!}

Giving a bit of a curt nod, he would open the door and prepare to leave as he listened to those final words. He smiled at her once more and gave a small but unusual head bow.

"But of course, always to make the best impressions. Till next time."

Going through the doorway, he slowly closed it behind him and breathed out. Placing his right hand, he rubbed his eyes as he processed what information had just went into him. What was that ring and what purpose? It was a bit of an annoyance but perhaps it was some regal process...though the kidnapping portion was rather worrisome. If she gets kidnapped, chances of getting business diminishes. Giving a slight cough, he rather quickly started to move back to the wheeled vehicle of his, going into it as he was glad the dome prevented the rain. When he truly felt safe, did he let his demeanor finally let go. Once seated inside, he removed his bowtie slowly and sighed very loudly.

"Always the diplomat...why does everyone think the Sith have to pull a daughter hostage or blow up a building...so much more effective ways to do it."

With that, he would turn it on and slowly drive away.

(Awesome! I only know him from Uncharted and the Deadpool Video Game. I put him in the combination due to how acclaimed a voice actor he had become.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom