Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Dervish Knife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Untitled65-20220429213719.png
Untitled38-20220418222333.png

• Intent: To make custom blade for Hex
  • Image Source:
  • Canon Link: n/a
  • Permissions: n/a
  • Primary Source: n/a

Untitled38-20220418222420.png

• Manufacturer: Hex
  • Affiliation: Hex
  • Market Status: Closed-Market
  • Model: Custom balisong knife
  • Modularity: no
  • Production: Semi-Unique
  • Material:

Untitled38-20220418222506.png

• Classification: Balisong butterfly knife
  • Size: Average
  • Weight: Light

Untitled38-20220418222532.png

• Finely balanced spinning hinged mechanism for smooth and quick use
  • Razor Sharp curved mullanine blade with thing coloured enamel glaze
  • Bladed folds into durabium cage for concealment and protection

Untitled38-20220418222553.png

• Smooth well balanced mechanism - Allows the weapon to be used silently and quickly and also lets the used perform butterfly knife tricks
  • Mullanine blade - while not quite as good as some of the more exotic materials such as beskar or songsteel, mullanine holds a blade very well
  • Duranium cage - The cage, made from scavenged and reforged duranium reinforcement bars is very tough, and might even deflect a glancing lightsaber blade if luck is in your corner.
  • Easily concealable - The weapon when folded is small enough to hide in the palm of the hand, and even when deployed it can easily be missed in a fight

Untitled38-20220418222607.png

• Tiny blade - At only a few inches long, thos weapon has almost no reach and relies on getting very close to rhe target to be used.
  • Moving parts - The weapon is well made, but even a single moving part is one more failure point than a single solid tang dagger.
  • Mundane materials - This is not some alchemised weapon, or light saber proof blade, against the miriad of advanced weapons in the galaxy, this weapon struggles to compete.
  • Detectable - an almost entirely metal blade with no advanced technology wont fool even the simplest of metal detectors or weapon scanners.

Untitled38-20220418222619.png

Hex needed a blade, she also needed something she could fidget with more freely in public than her home made grenades, and thus her personalised butterfly knife was designed. She made the weapon mostly from scraps of metal from around the workshop, then glazed it with an enamel in her favourite colour scheme.

She made her own blade, but had enough scraps to make a few more that she could give as gifts or even sell for a few spare credits.​

Last edited:
Heya!

First and foremost, I love the artwork associated with this submission - from the picture for the knife itself, to the banners.

There is one issue that is preventing this from obtaining approval.

• Balance: Your knife is 1 point overpowered. Please either adjust the ratings or decrease the production value to unique. Naturally, if you decide to decrease the production value, this would adjust your tidbit in the description that she’s made a few extra as gifts.

Once this has been done, please tag me for a final review. Thank you!

• Love
Reactions: Hex
Martin Draigo Martin Draigo

Thank you for looking at this for me, and for the nice comments.

I have increased the weight by one point to correct the balance.

Thank you

Edit:- someone reminded me that sizes were comparable to similar weapons, so have changed it again to average sized and light. This technically makes it underbalanced but I am fine with that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom