Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Invasion Duracrete Jungle | BOTM Invasion of GA Held Metellos

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Hell_Hole.png
Objective: 1
Allies: Galactic Alliance; Aveline Cuiléin Aveline Cuiléin
Enemies: Brotherhood of the Maw; Rannan Kol Rannan Kol
Iris_Sig.png

There was so much going on. The chaos of battle was too much for one mind to comprehend like this. They were still many, multiple. But they dwindled. One by one they dwindled. She couldn't cover every angle, couldn't cover every soldier. Where she flicked her blade around to block one strike, another came. More and more of them were being cut down. What started as a group of ten, now five.

No, four.

Beside her as she cut down another one of the Commando's stepped between her and an arc of lightning. Took it full to the chest. She knew his intention. She knew their intention. Everyone could feel it. Protect the Jedi, the one giving them a fighting chance.

She hated it. They all knew what they needed to do to survive this, but she never had to like it. Worse still, the less of them there were, the easier it was for her to focus. She faltered with every death, but the group as a whole? They came back stronger. More efficient. Grenades, which had been hands off with the knowledge that the Sith could very well just throw them back, were now being utilized. The combined mind they shared, together.

Timing. One, two, three. Explosion after explosion cleared the area in rapid succession. Always danger close. Rubble clattered off armor.

"Can you save your friend?"

"Shut up."

"Do you even want to?"

"Iris... Help me"

She turned, rolling over the back of one of her fellows to deflect a lightsaber sent for his back just as he opened fired on another of the weakened Sith throwing themselves at them. The bodies stacked, bit by bit. Pit of hell, indeed. She threw a knife, one snatched from the soldier's belt midroll, right for Rannan. Throwing her lightsaber always ended up having it lost, at least when it came to powerful Force Users.

That, and the grenade attached to it was meant to catch him off guard if he went to catch it.

<Aveline, fight. You can do this.>

Hell_Hole.png

Metellos, HellWell
Allies: Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo , Ichika Masudo Ichika Masudo
Enemies: Nal'Khem Szat Nal'Khem Szat

Jasper_divider_2.0.png

They finally came face to face with a Sith, one who operated more on the alchemical side. Almost immediately, the man burst out into a long winded monologue. Something about death? Jasper didn't really follow. Master Tafo turned to address the two of them.

"I'll keep him busy. You two take what pot shots you can. Precision over speed."

"Yes, Sir," Jasper nodded.

First things first, a radiant aura began to spill off the padawan, filling the space around him. If the Sith was going to rely on dark magic, he would soon find such a task to be increasingly difficult. From there, as Master Tafo went to engage the Sith directly, Jasper procured his Energy Bow, which had been constructed off of the frame of the one that the Sith he had fought on Panatha had used.

"I don't know how good you are at range," the padawan began, addressing Daisy, "But I can offer you my bow. I have range built into my prosthetic."

As he asked this, Jasper would be simultaneously preparing the crossbow on his mechanical arm, keeping an eye out for an opening.

b5nBlkh.png

Tags: Keilara Kala'myr Keilara Kala'myr | Thomas Barran Thomas Barran

ChVAW7n.png

A score of probe droids zoomed out from the secret air shafts leading up from the hidden facility. Unfolding their limbs and charging up their gleaming photoreceptors, the robot scouts spread out across the landscape, their sensors straining for any sign for their quarry. It would not be an easy search. The weird atmospheric phenomena of the planet's stormy grey deserts, flickering with ionized lightning and wracked by winds that carried metallic sand, interfered with most scans. In many ways this was an advantage for the Taskmaster, for it made his facility difficult to locate, but at present it worked against him.

Drifting among rugged dunes and craggy canyons, the probe droids did their best. They ranged in all directions, moving in precise search grid patterns, a harsh blue-white light emanating from their photoreceptors as they multi-spectrum scanned every square meter of ground for potential signs of passage. They located none, for footsteps did not last long among the endless sands of Exegol. Where they found the planet's native rat-grubs among the sands, they charged their built-in blasters and obliterated the little creatures with a single precise shot; vaporized beings would no longer distract their life-form scans.

Finally, one of the droids locked onto something. Designated RRT-091, it had been dispatched in a northerly direction from the Black Site, and it was picking up multiple humanoid lifeforms moving south toward the facility. It had not found Mercy, but it had found intruders. Tu'teggacha glanced at the alert and scowled, his facial tendrils writhing in a chaotic, ever-shifting grimace. He could think of only one reason that any outsiders would come to this part of the planet, a nondescript section of desert chosen for its remoteness: Mercy had managed to send out a signal somehow, and someone had come to rescue her.

"Probe droids," the Taskmaster ordered, "close in on the intruders. Begin scanning for signals they may be following, then terminate them." The Ebruchi did not truly expect the probe droids to be able to wipe out the Scar Hound interlopers, even though they outnumbered them four to one; they were scouts, not true combatants, with only light armor and built-in blaster pistols. But they were cheap and thus expendable, so he felt comfortable using them to delay his new foes while he brought up more formidable defenses. "Prepare the Ebruchized pens," he ordered another droid. "Open them to the surface."

He had many, many failed experiments to dispose of. They might as well be useful.

------------------------------------------
Keilara sent the children to play on their own, waiting behind to check on Kallan. It wasn't what he'd wanted; he didn't want to take away her time with them, time that might be fleeting. Still, he knew she did it out of love, and he appreciated how she cared for him. He watched the children go, running off to the lakeshore, full of the energy and enthusiasm of youth. This was their chance to just be kids, not pawns in the Brotherhood's sinister plots. This was a place where nothing could hurt them, where he didn't need to fear what might happen to them if they roamed around unsupervised. He was glad for that.

~ It's alright, ~ the vestige told his wife, squeezing her hand in return. ~ We did what we had to do. I didn't mind the strain of helping Mercy; it was worth it, and it's still worth it now. I'm just... tired. I'm very, very tired. ~ He leaned against her, feeling her softness, her warmth. The power of her empathy washed over him, soothing his hurts, filling him with the knowledge of how much she loved him. ~ I know I'm not alone, ~ he told her, and he smiled - though it was a tight, tired smile. ~ I'm grateful for you, every day. But I'm also afraid, Keilara. I'll be afraid until the twins are truly safe. ~

~ It's the fear that any parent knows. The stress of wanting the best for them. ~

~ I wish that there was more I could do to protect them. ~

Hell_Hole.png

Objective: I - Depths of Hell
Tags: | Caraxes Xargrodon Caraxes Xargrodon | Phalsi Drynchen Phalsi Drynchen |
Gear: Amulet of Many, Personal Armor, Cybernetic Eye, Thorns,
DC-17m Interchangeable Weapon System, MagPistol x, Scattergun x

Sol Squadron
"Oh lovely, did they give you a little hug jacket launcher? Granted I've got about the best setup for non-lethal but like...these are big bads." She was likely preaching to the choir on the matter, and made her own stance somewhat clear on the matter.

Dominik sighed. "Yeah, tell my superior officer. I wanted MagRifles. They wouldn't let me." He patted his thigh holster. "Still got one though."

"Should have just let a seismic level this and cleaned up after." Her own perspective as they moved before he mentioned dropping blue from their callsigns.​

Dominik chuckled. "That was my thought to." Then after a moment of walking he added, "Well, my thought was to throw a whole starship into the whole, but same idea."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

“The Hidden Maw shows the comforts through the darkest secrets. For Heretics such as you there are only few words. Death, destruction, and damnation.” Religious fervor evident in his tone as the towering priest in his death robes slowly started to approach.

“Although I wonder if you dare embrace the way of the Maw… I offer this final chance get on your knees and pray for the Avatars dark mercy, and I might be kind.” He said the unsettling smile spreading even wider to show an ugly grin that was dripping with black blood. His saber raised as if ready to strike the soldier, the priest unaware that he was stumbling into an ambush.​

Dominik tapped his booted foot as if thinking. The black blood dripping out of his mouth was beyond disgusting.

This nutjob was walking closer to his, saber raised to strike. Sith and Mawites and Jedi were all intimidating swordsmen, but they were a bit overconfident in their abilities. Dominik was pretty much raised in order to fight these guys, and with a reliance on the lightsaber as the primary weapon, and it being a damn scary weapon at that, they hardly expected someone to make a grab for it. Getting closer was one of the best things for Dominik this guy could have done, short of surrendering. His armor would be able to protect him from the saber, but these were Mawites. Beyond DarkSide dark. They could have something up their sleeves he wasn't aware of. Still, they probably operated off the same basic principles other force users did when they got shot at. Deflect, and get closer.

"You're going to have to work on your pitch. Don't expect many people wanting to hear more after that."

Dominik raised his rifle and began firing off shot after shot at the priest, his left hand ready to take a blow on the shoulder and grab that wrist.

Last edited:

TROUBLE COMES KNOCKING
Objective: Objective I - Depths of Hell - Post 4
Equipment: Under-Armor, Quiet Riot Armor With Gas Backpack, The Encoil, Zerek Stowaway Node, ICE/iBorg Clarion Personal Translator
Weapons: Four Zenji Needles, Pair of Blue Lightsabers, 1 Hard Light Weapon, 2 Shock Whips
Ship: Shadowfire
Tags: Dominik Borra Dominik Borra | Caraxes Xargrodon Caraxes Xargrodon

"Common Speech" / <"Communicator Speech">​

While they agreed on the method that should have been, the matter that was before them was well out of their control in regard to final decisions. For all the nonchalant talk that she had made on the way in, she was now with purpose in her goal.

There was no malice about her. Only focus as the two spoke. Her steps muffled by the sound dampening belt that was about her waist.

Her vision clear and unimpeded as she watched the priest make his way closer to the Contractor that held his attention. Her breathing even and controlled as she thought of nothing but the moment around them.

Moving to flank the priest, the first shot echoed violently around them, her suppression systems engaging to deaden the sound as she sprang forward low and prepared to strike.

The flash lighting up the cavern as she took in a bit more of the ensemble of the being that stood before them.

He really did need to work on the sales pitch if that was what oblivion granted him.

A form that she had not practiced came to mind as she leveled herself off to strike at the priests stomach, blade engaging mid-swing.

The snap-hiss of the blue blade lighting up as the purple pattern of her armor lay exposed against the light. Her adaptive camo still engaged to hide her better amidst the shadows.

If the attack was blocked, she would pull back to allow more direct fire from her associate before striking in a similar manner once more. If he attempted to lock her in place, she would turn off the blade and push away with the force.

<"Let's wear him down."> She hissed through the comm line, Annunciator disabled for the moment as she pulled back once more and disabled the blade.

Hell_Hole.png

Objective: The Monster in the Dark
Equipment: Mind Crown | White MidNight Duster with Hood | White Beskar Armor | White Sith Death Mask | Grav Boots | Eltro Life Gloves | x4 red lightsabers | Defender | Forearm Lanvorak | Wrist Laser | Pack of Death sticks | 1Thermal Detonators
Engaging: Jand Talo Jand Talo

Tegan continued on her journey her pace had change a casual walk. Even as that sense all force user have that tell them someone is about went off, she kept walking at her same pace. The one following her was picking up pace and approaching fast though she could not hear them she could feel them. She was intrigued she hadn't heard an explosion so they some how managed to get past her little messenger. Her mind crown connected with the thermal detonator the child had been holding unto, a smirk crossed her painted masked face for a moment.

She then looked to each side of her as she continued walking until she found a crack in one of the duracrete walls. She pulled her second thermal detonator from her jacket and placed it inside the crack though she didn't arm it, it would be used as fail safe if she needed it. Then she continued on a little further down the tunnel as the one behind her continued to gain on her. Closer and closer she felt them coming and closer and closer she was also getting to the mouth where tunnel met the HellWell. Still the light was pitch black as she continued to look around until she found another little alcove about five hundred feet (152m) from where she had stowed away her last thermal detonator.

She slid into the little alcove and put her back to the wall. As she did, she peered down at her blood-stained gloves for a moment not a single tinge of regret or remorse crossed her mind. No, her only thought being that her gloves would take forever to get cleaned. She then reached to her belt and pulled one of her sabers free. Tegan closed her eyes and just felt for the presences approaching her waiting for it to get closer and closer to her. As they got near, she smelled the air through the sewage and muck she caught a whiff of her stalker.

She then called out. "Boy, you better stop where you are!" She could smell it on him, he was a young Nagai male. Not the first of his species she had encountered but with as long as she had been alive might think she had met ever species by this point. It was odd she couldn't hear his footsteps; he must have had something that could dampen sound, or he was using the force somehow to conceal it. "I see you got past the little monster I created." Her tone though soft seemed just on the verge of wicked laughter. She felt nothing for the child as she spoke.

She then slide from her spot just and came out just in front of the young Jedi. He stood a full foot taller than her, but she looked at him with those orange glowing sulfuric eyes, her white clothing drenched in crimson with no not an ounce of fear in her diminutive figure. Her eyes stared right through him like he was nothing, so insignificant to her and what ever she was about. She eyed him there in his jedi robes, but it meant little to her he wasn't even the millionth Jedi customer in her book. "One lowly Jedi? A twelve-year-old at that? You Jedi and that damn alliance what does a girl have to do to to get a damn army to fight them?" She lifted her left hand put up her index figure to emphasize one jedi. "I tell you, kill billions of people, be a former leader within the Maw, and the Jedi and the government they bow to still don't take you seriously." Her eyes flashed with legit frustration at that fact, she wanted a challenge, and this was what she got.

"So, child is this the part where you yell your evil die then attack me?" Jedi where so boring and predictable at this point. "They send a child to do a grownups job and call themselves better then sith or any darksider." She taunted him a bit though it was also a comment on how she had used a child but so did the Jedi. Other then the frustration she had shown in her words of a single jedi coming for her tone was calm but very close to the edge of wicked. "So proud they should be of there righteousness don't you think? Willing to kill the young, but commending those that do the same."

Ziare Dyarron | Keilara Kala'myr | Mercy | Freedom
Mongrel's Shadow and his widow; Matriarch of the Scar Hounds Tribe; Guardian of Mongrel's armour and sword
b5nBlkh.png
Objective: Survive || Try to escape with the twins
Equipment: N/A
Writing With: Tu'teggacha Tu'teggacha (and as Kallan) | Thomas Barran Thomas Barran | Closed
GM1OQzU.png
[ Come back… ]
"Galactic Basic" | ~ Telepathic communication ~ | << comm. channel >>
jKXEHue.png

• Mercy is still dreaming.
  • Keilara tries to comfort Kallan.
Mercy #1
Mercy #2
Tut #1
Mercy #3
Tommy #1
Tommy #2
Tut #2

~ Mercy ~
As far as I know, in principle it is not possible to feel pain or cold, so that when someone is sleeping, or dreaming. At this moment, I started to feel the pain in my stomach very strongly and I was also shaking from the cold. It was as if I heard MANIAC's voice from afar, very far away, while he was telling me about my findings. Maybe he just told the three medical probes, relayed it to them and not really to me. I've been on the battlefield enough, I've seen enough injuries to know, even without medical records, what the problem is.

I believe that the droids ran out of medicine in the last few days and that caused the caesarean section and other medical procedures to wound inflammation. I also had a fever because of the inflammation. We had no food and water was running low. Malnutrition and dehydration. The temperature fluctuation outside, which was in the desert, didn't help either. If Thomas doesn't come, or Tu'teggacha's men and droids don't find me, I'll probably be dead in a few days. Well, I guess I'm free to choose between the possible reasons.

I wanted to laugh, even in my dream. After years of consistently beating Taskmaster, I can die a few kilometres from his base in a cave in the desert. It sounded so pitiful, but at least the final victory would be mine, so he wouldn't even be able to follow through on his threat. This was so easy, just sleep until I wake up over there, if I'm lucky, right there, where Asher is.

~ I don't want to wake up, I want to stay here with you until it's become real. ~ I whispered to him.

He didn't speak, but as I looked at him, into his eyes, I saw in them that he was asking that I couldn't do it yet. There was something else that was important to both of us. And his look reminded him that it was more for him than for me. After all, he was always closer to the twins, not me.

~ It's not up to me, Asher… I can't even get out of bed, let alone fight. If Barran saves me in time, I'll do anything for them… ~ I promised him.

qIjVYqE.png

~ Keilara ~
I was relieved to hear that he didn't think it was a burden to have to deal with Mercy. It was really successful, as far as we can tell, because Mercy didn't give up after that, but found a goal, a solution, and how to be with Asher. This idea was The Manifold. Personally, I thought it was a really horrible idea, but I didn't have the guts to tell her and I didn't want to break her down any more. Even so, she was clinging to life by such a thin thread. For her, the twins weren't a strong enough bond for her to want to stay either. She thought they would be in a better place with us.

From the memories that remained, I knew that they were good parents and that the children were closer to Asher, but he was not here now. And without him, without his support… I don't know. Mercy was strong and could take it all, but these mental wounds were too deep. I was afraid she wouldn't let the twins get close to her, lest she get hurt again like when Asher died, or when he asked her to separate Asher and Kallan from each other. I remember that it already seriously wounded her.

~ I know you are tired. Sometimes you should rest, I'll take care of you while you are sleeping and I'll guard your dreams in the meantime. ~ I whispered to him.

I loved watching him sleep, or just feeling his warm embrace around me, the way he hugged me while we both slept and rested. That's when I regretted trying to resist that day on Tython when he tried to keep me in bed to laze around while I wore his shirt. Everything broke that day. Anyway, I was tired too, but I learned not to show it. In this I resembled Mercy; although I wasn't afraid to show weakness in front of Kallan, sometimes I had to hide my own pain and tiredness to give him strength so that he wouldn't see that I felt the same as him. After all, I had to support him.

As he leaned against me, I wrapped my arms around him, embraced him and held him close. It was a long time ago, before Tython, when I had to comfort him or support him. After that, he was the stronger one and had to take care of everyone. He wasn't ready for it yet, but he did very well and I was very proud of him.

At the same time, I tried to transfer positive energy to him, in order to alleviate not only his mental fatigue and pain, but also his physical one. Hoping that he will feel a little better and less tired after this. This also meant that I took on part of his tiredness and pain, took it from him. After his words, I smiled at him and gently shook my head.

~ You are a good father. ~ I told him honestly. ~ But this feeling will never go away. If it is over, then you'll find something else to worry about. You can only learn how to live with this feeling. I've felt this way since we first met. When we were both in separate cages in Asher and Mercy's subconscious, in the darkness. When we were both weak, closed in our cages, but you were still kind to me. You became my first and only friend, my soulmate and love of my life. Every single day you were gone, you disappeared, I was afraid, I was terrified I wouldn't see you again. I didn't know how it was possible, I mean your presence there, but you gave me the strength to support you. ~

We and our love weren't as passionate and intense as Asher and Mercy's, but our love was just as deep and pure as theirs…

~ I drew strength from our memories, from your presence, to erase the fatigue, the tiredness, the pain, because I knew you needed me. I was able to draw strength and energy from the fact that I could see you happy, and now the twins too. You and them give me strength to endure everything, to overcome fatigue and all worries and pain. I try not to think that you could be in trouble, that I could lose you, all of you. ~

My voice stopped for a moment and I caressed Kallan's face again.

~ This fear sealed the fate of both Mercy and Asher, it consumed them, fearing what would happen if they lost each other. They didn't let anyone near them because of the fear of loss. Let us not be defined by this, let's not close ourselves off because of fear, but dare to live, so that we can collect and give as many beautiful memories and shared memories as possible to each other and to the twins, from which we and they can still gain strength if the situation were worse. I think that's what family and love are all about… ~ I told him, however, I didn't have too much experience in it.

DHGyR0O.png

PjStDZ6.png

ɴᴀɢᴀɪ ᴡᴀʀʀɪᴏʀ

Hell_Hole.png

DEPTHS OF HELL
Equipment

jand_njo_spacer.png

The smell of rotten corpses grew with every step.

It was assured that the Sith was headed toward the Hellwell. The dark side was thick near that ominous pit, like a shadow cast over those close to it that followed the light side, which meant the Padawan steeled his mind. As the Nagai jogged, he almost considered lessening his presence in the Force, to attempt to approach with as little detectable as possible - but, he figured that by now it was already too late - and there was no point in hiding.

Beyond that, Jand considered the thermal detonator he carried. There had been something odd about the item, as his ability to see echoes on objects showed him... well, he couldn't say what, exactly. But something was off. The explosive remained tucked away, perhaps a fail safe if he needed it, though the Nagai had reservations about the item. There were other options for combat, however, and Jand suspected he would face the mysterious lady with the orange eyes soon enough--

"..."

--suddenly a call from ahead, a demand to stop. The voice echoed through the passage, though it was difficult to say how far or close the Sith was.

"The child called you the monster," Jand said back into the shadows, as he slowed down to a walk. He peered left to right, looking for movement in the darkness. "I am inclined to agree."

Then the Sith stepped from the darkness of an alcove. The glowing eyes were immediately noticeable, along with the white attire that was stained in blood, and stood out as a stark color against the tunnel dimness. She was surprisingly short, but the Nagai didn't let that mislead him. For his part, Jand's robes were dark browns and tans, though his face was chalk-white skin. Perhaps both had something to see through the veil, something to target, as a confrontation seemed inevitable as the mysterious sentient continued to speak.

Jand stopped, boots on the cracked duracrete flooring, as he listened.

The words came unbidden, the monster unleashed with a verbal barrage, to which the Nagai remained still and expressively neutral. The mention of Jand's age, and being the only Jedi present, were pointed; the claim to murder of billions, of being a former leader in the Maw, and not being taken seriously were irritating if the Sith's expression was any indication.

"I take you seriously," Jand said in a low voice, as he stared. "Though I do not know your name or validity of past exploits... but, given the act with the child, I am want to believe it."

The monster with the orange eyes accused Jand of what was expected, along with a moral taunt, before she took on a more menacing tone aand concluded with claims of righteousness and being willing to kill the young. Jand could only assume the Sith meant the Jedi Order was accepting of younger members dying in war.

"That is not exactly how I plan it, no," Jand said as he exhaled and pushed through the jeers and insults. "I am obligated to offer you the chance to avoid this fight. I am willing to arrest you, to deliver you to the Jedi and government that lacks seriousness toward you... though it is only by agreement with my mentor that I do so."

Jand was Nagai; he didn't have scruples about killing.

Jand's mannerisms and tone remained subdued, serious, as he maintained a sense of caution toward the situation. It was clear this was no ordinary opponent, certainly not someone to be taken lightly, and remained an opponent to confront with begrudging estimation... as such, Jand held his lightsaber tightly in his right hand, as he asked:

"What is your decision, Sith?"

Aldric Laurent

A

Aldric found himself entranced by the battle playing out before him. To see a Jedi Master and a Sith Lord engaging in such a duel with his own eyes was unlike anything he had seen before. But knowing that it was Valery down there, helped remind him to keep his cool. To focus, so that he could support her however possible. His next shot was blocked, and it took another moment for him to register that the shield of debris was suddenly getting closer, even with Valery's warning. "Aw shi-"

A few of the smaller pieces hit him first, bits of rock or shrapnel that cut into his skin, one leaving a fine red cut across his cheek, and knocking off his glasses. His instinct was to crouch down for cover, but he fought the urge, picking up his sniper and just running for the next room, as the heaviest pieces soon barreled through the window and walls, rolling to a stop at the far end of the room. He leapt out onto his stomach, turning around to see the damage. It almost certainly would have buried him, had he stuck around just a second longer. Aldric whistled, grabbed his glasses, and now found himself searching for a new vantage point, "Keep safe, Val, I have to reposition." His voice crackled through comms.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hell_Hole.png

Allies: Maw
Enemies: Dominik Borra Dominik Borra Phalsi Drynchen Phalsi Drynchen

Caraxes stood there for a moment the tension was made thick in the air, and the silence that was only brief between the Heathen Priest and the soldier who stood nervously with his rifle. Did he really think that a blaster would be enough to harm him? The priest didn’t lose an air of confidence even as the soldier seemed to mock his very way of life. His bloody smirk soon turned into an irritated scowl, as he seemed to all but look over him. “Not all who hear the Maw’s words are worthy of its dark enlightenment. You and all the other faithless shall be cast down into Hell…”

His words ended with the man started to raise his rifle in the face of the priest. “Infidels and their guns.” He said amused staring at the barrel of the rifle until he felt the stinging pain the shots came from it. The priest would let out an unholy screech of sorts as he quickly stumbled back from the shot. His first instinct was to try and block the incoming fire, but found that his blade couldn’t deflect the rounds so easily. The screeching of pain didn’t cease to end.

Then just as quickly as it happened, his saber would move in an attempt to block. The block was soon met with the clashing of a blue blade against the red one. “Jedi, soldiers? None of you will stop the Wrath of the Avatars!” He cried defiantly as on one end he felt the stinging pain of round after round go into him. On the other hand it took strength just to fend off the Jedi who attempted to strike at him. With his crimson blade he would push the Jedi back with all his might hoping to give himself a moment of time.

“Avatars grant me your blessing in red fury… Bring up a wall of fire and death, oh hear me for I am your faithful servant.” He would whisper an incantation to himself in the form of a prayer. The slight cold from the echoes of the dark side soon turned even more frigid, as with his free hand the priest would attempt to divide and conquer. Red sparks would emerge from his hand in a form of Force lightning that would reach out with a screech. The crimson energy would lash out at the both of them in an attempt to create some breathing room for the priest.

INTO THE HEARTLAND
GADivider-Purple.png

Hollis-Temp.png
Objective: 3
Allies: Miri Nimdok Miri Nimdok
Enemies: Maw ( Nyaeli Nyaeli )

Hollis had to hand it to Miri, shoot first and ask questions later. But she watched in disbelief as the hail of bullets went through their enemy. Then, the visage of the blue-skinned woman flickered out of existence. It took longer than it should have for Hollis to realize what had just happened.

The force presence was now at their flank, and Hollis' head turned.

Throwing her palm towards Nyaeli, Hollis sent a force-push her way – aiming for her legs to knock her off balance. She'd intended to follow it by advancing with her saber to strike... but something was wrong. The saber faltered in her hand, and she remained rooted where she was.

A pained whimper escaped her.

The feeling of darkness seeming into her mind was frightening – which only seemed to benefit their enemy's attempt. She could see Nyaeli now attacking Miri, but she couldn't move... the scenes playing out in her mind made sure of that. Her most painful memory did not actually belong to her.. but to Justice Lesan Justice Lesan , something she had witnessed through their bond. She could feel everything he'd felt during the sithspawn attack that had taken his arm.

She didn't want to see him in pain, over and over.

And somewhere, in the back of her mind – she realized their bond might share this rather unpleasant experience. So, she attempted to close off her mind to him. There was no time to explain.

However, the door to her mind was already propped open by Nyaeli. She didn't know if it would work. She tried to focus on cleansing her mind of the darkness... but closing her mind to her enemy was not going to be easy.

Hell_Hole.png

Theme: Rogue One Trailer Music
Equipment: Single reverse hilt Lightsaber
Outfit: Jedi Garb
Tags: Y'sanne Stradd Y'sanne Stradd
Objective: 1 - Stop the ritual!
Sighing, "I never said I would help the Jedi, I just stated that it would force them to force their attentions to Dathomir as well as here. I will defend Dathomir till my final breath!" Dreidi called out, she was not wanting to attack and she merely stood her ground now that the ritual had been disrupted. She wasn't going to harm these priests or this woman, she could not harm her fellow witches, it would be like asking her to attack Jedi who have merely lost their way. If they could still be redeemed then she would still her blade and try to redeem them. "I am not going to attack you, I don't want to kill any sisters of Dathomir. Our numbers are too few for that, but you cannot think this is the best course of actions because whether you are directly helping or indirectly helping, you are helping the Sith. They want this, if they did not want this then they would be stopping you. Think on that, the Sith are using you, not the other way around."

There had been times in the past that Dathomir witches are thought to use Sith to further their causes or trick Sith and from the records she knew, it never ended well for the Nightsisters and she would not let history repeat itself. "You can still leave. Go, unharmed and resist the Sith. Right now, they are controlling what you are doing. I don't care whether you like Jedi or not, but do not get wrapped up in a war claiming to be using the Sith when they are really the ones controlling you." Breathing in deeply, "and I remember the many atrocities that the Sith have conducted against the Jedi and many others, just because there are evils on both sides does not mean that the Jedi are just as evil as the Sith and deserve whatever it is that you plan to do here. It does not mean you have to work with the Sith, people you clearly hate. Think on that, is this truly the right course of action if you having to work with the very people you despise? Don't you think this might strengthen them, not weakening them like you want?"

Dreidi took a step forward, the appearance did not terrify her, she had already seen many things in her life. It saddened her that there was only a small piece of the woman that was originally there. Looking the other witch in the eyes, Dreidi took another step closer. "Lets end this ritual together, get you to Dathomir and get you help. Whatever has done this to you, it does not have to be permanent and there might be someone who can help you." The look of concern and sympathy on Dreidi's face was genuine as she attempted to extend a hand of friendship.​

Industrial_Heartland.png

Theme: In a House, In a Heartbeat
Equipment: Beskar armour, single red Lightsaber
Tags: Aiden Porte Aiden Porte | Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren | Luric Ee'everwest Luric Ee'everwest
Objective: 3 - Destroy the Jedi!

The scene was set, Briana working her bravado to getting Wallgof to surrender straight away, the one he did not know the name of threatening Wallgof, calling him Faithless. Ironic, since Wallgof was a very devoted man, just not devoted to the same things as this Padawan was. It was amusing to him to think that the Padawan was already so clearly indoctrinated by lies he was more blind than Luric was attempting to make him. The notion of Luric attempting to blind Wallgof was another thing that had be giggling inside. Offers of mercy from the Jedi Guardian and an attack from the Jedi Consular, wasn't that normally the other way around? Wasn't the Guardian meant to be the aggressive one while the Consular talked? Naga Sadow only found it ironic and meant that the Knight was clearly more triggered by his greetings than Briana.

COVER YOUR EYES! HE IS WANTING TO BLIND YOU BUT THE FORCE WILL ALLOW YOU TO SEE WHEN YOU CANNOT PHYSICALLY!!! Naga Sadow screamed in warning to Wallgof who instantly obeyed. Closing his eyes shielded his nerves from damage. Though he knew he would still have dark spots as if he stared into the sun but his eyes were protected and with his helmet on, none of them would know whether he was blinded or not anyways.

"Not very gentlemanly of you Luric Ee'everwest. I would have thought an Atrisian would have fought with more honour than blinding a man before a fight. Though I must admit, I had low hopes on you actually being as honourable as Brandyn thought when there are three of you wishing to fight little old me." Wallgof's voice was teasing, coy and cool, his gaze was still focused on Briana and his Force Sense allowed to see all that he needed to see around him. "Poor Brandyn will be devastated when I inform him that his family used very underhand tactics, fighting very un-Jedi-like against me. Pretending to offer me peaceful mercy then straight away attempting to blind me. I think a punishment is in order for that."

Reaching out with the Force, Wallgof attempted to crush Luric's hand. Disabling the man and rendering his hand useless. "Now, I know you offered me mercy but I must say. You are a very sorry lot, two Padawans and a single Knight. You have no chance against the chosen Sith Lord of Naga Sadow. I shall offer you this Briana, surrender now and you can join me and your brother. I have already seen into his mind, shown him the truth, broken his Jedi spirit. Follow him onto the path of the Sith as you followed him into being a Jedi."

"The rest of you will die. I have very little use of you."
He laughed deeply, manically before inhaling deeply.

KILL THEM! SHOW THEM THE TRUE POWER OF THE DARK SIDE!!!

The hail of bullets passed harmlessly through their target. Then the blue-skinned woman faded out of existence entirely—only to reappear somewhere behind the two Jedi.

Miri still couldn’t sense her presence, and so she didn’t notice Nyaeli was behind her until Hollis turned around. Glimpsing the movement out of the corner of her eye, she whirled about just in time for a lightsaber to slice through the barrel of her gun.

Hollis' quick thinking sent Nyaeli backwards, blasted by the Force, even as Miri's weapon fell apart in her hand. She had narrowly avoided losing a finger to the Sith's blade. Tossing the broken gun away, she continued to fire at Nyaeli with her remaining pistol.

But something was wrong with Hollis now. Miri couldn’t quite tell what it was, but the other Padawan seemed out of it. With her ammo dwindling and Nyaeli still slashing at her, Miri remained in retreat, hoping for an opportunity to get the upper hand.

GADividerBlue.png

EKTRA - STRATABLOCK 1000
ABANDONED HOTEL - FLOOR 28
For the longest time, it was quiet. Battlefield quiet. Which is to say that the sound of artillery was distant, the sound of small-arms fire distant, and all the messy atmospheric dogfighting was going down someplace else. DB-2260 tried not to focus on all that. Made him anxious. He learned a breathing exercise once but forgot it, so now he was trying to make one up on the spot, and it sounded something like a bantha having a more erratic than usual heart attack.​
But that was fine. It was almost enough to keep him distracted until his spotter - VL-4040 - pokes him in the shoulder without looking up from the rangefinder. "Combatants approaching from north-east. Grid delta-two-three."​
"Mmm." No more breathing exercises for him. He swiveled the rifle around and peered into the scope.​
Sure enough, there they were. Some Maw warparty. Frazzled and in hodgepodge armor with twisted, jury-rigged guns. These were the loincloths tearing through the Core. Sad is what they were, even for an advance party of fodder. They were being led forward by a guy (or gal?) in a set of scuffed beskar plate armor. Either a mandalorian or somebody who killed one.​
How did that work, anyway? If you killed a mandalorian and put his armor on, did you become a mandalorian? DB-2260 reached out along his scope and adjusted the dial, bringing the war party into clearer focus. Telemetry scrolled lazily across his vision. No, that couldn't be it. There was probably some idiot loincloth ritual involved. Oiled themselves up and did some chanting. Maybe around a fire. Eat the raw heart of an acklay you killed. Who fucking knows.​
The warparty was winding their way up the narrow streets, looking twitchy but not much cautious for it. Stratablock 1000 was a government district. It was nice and orderly, tightly gridded. Meant to be walkable, or public-transit dependent. The streets weren't big enough for armor. Or big animals, as these guys sometimes dealt with. There'd been big animals during that Maw-spat on Corulag. DB-2260 had even shot some of them.

After a thing like Corulag, plenty of Core Worlds wanted extra muscle. And they'd find it with the Silver Shield. If it could happen on Corulag, they said, it could happen anywhere. And now it was happening on Metellos. Who could've guessed. At least they had the benefit of a few companies to keep their government districts clean.​
VL-4040 was talking over comms, "Command, six combatants entering grid delta two-three, approaching north-east down block… Nine."​
It felt like a long pause, but later, when DB-2260 was writing up the after action report, the logs showed there was only a minute before command replied. He maneuvered the reticle over the mando-maybe-not-a-mando's helmet, just above the t-visor. Forehead.​
"Clear to dispatch. Go ahead."​
"Dispatching," DB-2260 breathed in, held it, pulled the trigger.​
It made a sound like a whip cracking right by his head. And that's with his helmet's sound-dampeners. The stock slammed into his shoulder from the recoil, but it didn't hurt. The muzzle flash polarizes his visor just on its own.​
Mando-maybe-not-a-mando took a high-caliber rail-rifle bullet right to the forehead. It's beskar, so it doesn't penetrate. It sure does dent, though, sending a wedge of beskar right into mando-maybe-not-a-mando's comparatively fragile forehead. Probably his brain. DB-2260 can see hairline fractures in the t-visor from the force of it.​
The target stumbled backward, then wobbled around like someone had spun him around too much. Dizzy. He managed to spray blaster fire at a billboard before tumbling over. Dead or dying.​
"Nice," VL-4040 muttered.​
"Thanks for noticing."​
The rest of the warparty scattered and took positions behind the piecemeal cover available. Among them: planters, benches, a big, stupid fountain. He maneuvered his rifle to place the reticle over the next one. "Don't suppose any of them put their guns down and surrendered."​
"Nope."​
"Shame."​
They were all yelling at each other. No clear command structure outside of "follow the guy who either was a mandalorian or killed a mandalorian." And all their cheap trinket guns didn't have the range. He wondered if they even had comms. Or if they even saw where the muzzle flash came from.​
The one he had his sights on was at the corner of a planter, shouting and gesticulating at his buddy across the street, pointing at the wrong floor. Arguing. He was young, so DB-2260 had to wonder if he even knew where he was, what he was doing. Couldn't have been a conscript. Hyped up on the usual loincloth-superstitions that the Maw were known for. "The Dark Side."​
What a load.​
He fired again, sending a round screaming through the air. It blasted off the corner of the planter, blowing up chunks of dirt and plasteel everywhere. The shot took the savage right through the ribcage. Practically sheared him in half. There was a spray of viscera intermingled with the displaced greenery.​
"Messy. Got a runner. Heading south from the fountain."​
Gee, must have made an impression. DB-2260 swiveled again, searching for the Maw's newest marathon man. He found him after a moment, sprinting straight down the street back the way he came. Really hoofing it.​
Poor guy wasn't even zigging or zagging. It wouldn't have helped him any - yajirushi's had self-adjusting rounds - but it was the principle. It might have shown he was at least thinking tactically instead of just shitting his pants.​
"He's still carrying his gun."​
"I noticed."​
"Means he's still a combatant."​
DB-2260 sighed. "He is."​
Sad, really. Someone should've told him the rules of engagement. Might've worked in his favor. But the Maw didn't have any of those, did they? DB-2260 squeezed the trigger.​
Another hit, this time without damaging the local scenery. Gosh, the gentry would be so pleased. The round left a fist-sized hole through the runner's skull and kicked up a fine, reddish-pink mist. DB-2260 found it artful, in a way. Like an abstract painter flicking a brush at a blank canvas. Body went stiff as a board and planted itself face-or-what-remained-of-face-first into the street.​
"Good shot." VL-4040 clicked his tongue, "Two more runners've split. Coming towards us."​
"They never learn." DB-2260 sighed again. This was his existence now. Climb a building. Sit at the window. Shoot at people. Sigh. Shoot. Sigh. Shoot. Repeat.​
Once, and he couldn't remember where, DB-2260 read that all the stars in the galaxy would eventually burn out. Billions upon billions of years in the future, they'd just run out of juice and all life in the galaxy would sputter out with them.​
But he had to wonder if all life wouldn't just shoot itself to death first.​

jqnKyh4g_o.png

Hell_Hole.png

Objective: Wreak Havoc
Equipment: Mind Crown | White MidNight Duster with Hood | White Beskar Armor | White Sith Death Mask | Grav Boots | Eltro Life Gloves | x4 red lightsabers | Defender | Forearm Lanvorak | Wrist Laser | Pack of Death sticks | 1Thermal Detonators
Engaging: Jand Talo Jand Talo

Indeed, Tegan was a monster, one that society made out of cruelty. That is what society did it made monsters. The Maw was mostly made up of outcasts and throw aways, society had tossed them away like they were trash. Men and women who had nothing left but to raider and pirate others. Then some in society saw them finally and other saw an opportunity to take advantage. Those that had taken advantage were monsters who learned in society power was the only thing that mattered wealth and extravagance were byproducts of that power. Society was a monster making machine because you needed power to get anywhere and survive any part of it. Yes, she was a monster but she saw ever one as monsters and she wanted to be more then that a God.

She eyed him as she had spoken her words just able to make out the expressions on his face for which there was none. Ever the stoic Jedi facing down the villain at the end of the epic tale. The first words passed his lips since she faced him head on. He mentioned taking her seriously her mask covering her face hiding her look of pity on the man as he said it. Even as he went on saying he did not know her, or rather her name so could not judge her words validity. She pitied him not knowing who or what she was, if he knew even a little bit he would understand what fear was that emotion Jedi tried to bury deep inside them.

But her eyes flashed with slight surprise as he offered her the chance to surrender herself rather then taking the quick path of execution. Though his tone seemed calm and a little stoic to her she could sense just a tinge of doubt that she would surrender to him. Tegan thought about it for a moment she had voluntarily surrendered herself to Jedi once before long ago in the past when they were hunting her as the terror of Corellia. She had even surrender herself to the Witches of Dathomir when she was wanted for crimes of treason against her sisters though she was found not guilty and only got charged with minor crimes which led to her exile from her clan.

Tegan then slowly began to raise her hands in the air and moved to go to her knees as if she was going to surrender. Though she continued to hold her saber in her right hand as she raised her arms above her head. Her hand tightening around the saber as she did so, and her eyes broke away from the jedi's eyes for a brief moment looking up at the ceiling above his head.

Under the mask the man could not see the twisted grin that cross her painted face as he called her a sith. Her hands fully above her head and just about her knees she finally spoke to the young jedi once more. "I am Tegan Bacquin or Starfall these days. Darth Sokar in another life before the sith branded me a traitor banishing me. So, you got one thing wrong young Jedi, I am no sith." As she said that two shots fired from the wrist laser on her right arm up at the ceiling above his head. The ceiling began to crack and crumble, as it did Tegan ignited her saber a beam of red plasma with a snap-hiss. Then she charged forward leaping up very quickly from her knees into a dead sprint her speed and agility both aided by the force that flowed through her body.

As she charged forward her saber now ignited, she would come at the boy in a downward motion from left to right trying to catch any part of him that the crumbling ceiling manage to miss. Her eyes lit up with fury as she did so but her voice remained fairly calm though just still hang on that edge of madness. "The force is a lot more varied then Jedi and sith." She said out loud.

Last edited:

Hell_Hole.png

Allies: Iris Arani Iris Arani
Enemies: Rannan Kol Rannan Kol
Equipment:
Lightsaber, Jedi jumpsuit, cosaint bracers, meditation amulet

GADividerYellow.png

The monster within her withdrew, but she was left flat on the floor, gasping for air. The pain had left, but the memories poured shivers through her. Her cheeks were wet, and though it was not cold she could not stop herself from shaking.

The cold wet dirt embraced her like one of its own. It stained her, from hair to her jumpsuit. Blood and ashes burned her nostrils, but she was still alive. Aveline felt so out of breath. She was so tired... Why, then, wasn't she - eyes opened wide as terror began anew. Oh Force, I can't breathe! Was that even the right word for it? Such a bizarre concept.

Now on her knees, with a fist first pounding on her chest then pulling at her throat. She wasn't sure what she expected to happen, but nothing did. She opened her mouth to speak but no words came. She looked to Iris, desperation written all over her. She needed to tell her what was wrong, needed to let her know how to help her. Force, how could she even communicate what she didn't know, even if she could speak?

This wasn't going well. This wasn't going well at all. She had been training for so long, all her life, to become a Jedi. Master Rane had even told her to be patient, for she would soon be a Jedi Knight. So close... And now this? It wasn't fair. No one had prepared her how to fight this.

<Aveline, fight. You can do this.>

Iris believed in her. There had to be a way. Aveline didn't know how to get out of this, but she knew she couldn't give up. She wouldn't.

Her mind raced for answers, when suddenly a memory came to her. She was a young Silver Padawan again, on the Prosperity, taking a lesson taught by the New Jedi Order, from a Jedi Knight called Auteme.

"The light is unlimited. In truth, I use it every day. I could talk about how it's effective against the Sith, how imbuing it into your barriers can strengthen them, how its rays can push back any darkness. And it can certainly do those things," Auteme said. "But that's only part of it. The light can heal, act as a beacon to your allies, calm the hearts of those in danger."

Aveline closed her eyes, tried to shut herself off from all the death and despair that was all around her, as well as inside herself. She forced herself to find peace, once more using the meditation amulet as a focal point. She let concerns of her imminent death wait a moment, instead letting memories of her past wash over her, from her first mentor, from her friends on Kashyyyk, to the new ones she had made on Coruscant. It seemed appropriate almost, that if this failed, and she did die, at least she'd let her life flash before her eyes, picking out the good parts. It wasn't such a terrible way to go, after all.

"The Light is an inherent part of the Force. Everyone -- each of you -- has a little light inside you. It's just a matter of finding how you can draw it out, shape it with your will."

The Force embraced all.

"It's always with you, but sometimes it can be difficult to find."

When Aveline opened her eyes again everything around her was white. Somehow it neither blinded nor burned her. She was a part of it. She was the heart of it. As the light burst out, she also turned it inward, hoping it would purify her of any dark taints that remained. Aveline had never managed Force Light like this before. Perhaps it was her surrendering herself to the Force, perhaps it was the will of the Force itself... Yet in all its magnificence, Aveline knew she had nothing left in her reserves, let alone her lungs, to spend on further experiments or other attempts. She was at her limit.

It was this... Or nothing at all

Hell_Hole.png
Objective 1
Allies: Brotherhood of the Maw;
Enemies: GA; Iris Arani Iris Arani , Aveline Cuiléin Aveline Cuiléin
Equipment: The Dark Sacraments, Apostles Vestments, Ring

Two things those that had fought Kol might vouch for; he was a powerful Mentalist and he was also very fast.

As the knife was thrown at him the outline of his frame would blur and he would pivot backwards, it was akin to opening a door though the movement would occur in the blink of an eye. The Knife would sail past him. It helped that he had refocused on Iris Arani Iris Arani prior to her throw.

He'd not counted on the explosion that would erupt behind him though. It would happen moments later, the concussion blast of such causing the Dark Apostle to lose his footing and to collapse forward onto hands and knees roughly around the same time as the area was enveloped in blinding light.

The Force Light of Aveline Cuiléin Aveline Cuiléin would not only purge her mind of the mental damage that hindered the rest of her body but it would envelope the area in a blinding light. A Darkside would find it difficult to look at it----or they should have at least. Given over to the force the power of the light permeating the area, radiating off of Aveline was powerful but somehow all it did to Kol was make him smile.

It was the Ring he wore on his hand. As Aveline created the light it actively absorbed it, devouring it so that its own powers were amplified. The Ring was a foci for the darkside, it devoured light and light created by the force especially. Indeed, Aveline may have saved herself but she could have well doomed the others.

Even down on hands and knees the sadistic smile Kol bore was palpable, his eyes were radiating with energy after the ring amplified itself and strengthened his connection to the darkside unlike what his opponents may have been used to. When Kol lifted his head his lips would part...

"....."

...no sound audible to the human ear emanated but the shockwave of mental power that radiated outwards from him, supercharged by the absorbed light of the force was akin to an explosion in the minds of those in the vicinity. No one would be spared, not even his own Acolytes. It would be like a lobotomy, minds would be rent asunder.

The Acolytes would fall, they were not at concern for the Jedi. Aveline being a Jedi might resist the terrible, mind ripping effects. Iris on the other hand might feel them a hundred fold, it wasn't that she was less capable of defending against the horrific wave of mental destruction it was her connection to the Commandos. It was very unlikely any of them would be left on their feet and if she shared a connection with them their own mental anguish would, in some way likely ride the connection back onto her as well.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Hell_Hole.png
Objective: 1
Allies: Galactic Alliance; Aveline Cuiléin Aveline Cuiléin
Enemies: Brotherhood of the Maw; Rannan Kol Rannan Kol
Iris_Sig.png
The Light wouldn't abandon them. She could feel Aveline's panic through the meld. Did what she could to help, and yet also protect the others from feeling that panic themselves. She trusted her. The Padawan. She'd be able to get past whatever the Sith had done. And together they'd break through this. Bring that Sith down, keep the others of the Alliance safe, regroup. Fight.

Aveline brought out the Light. Pure, bright. Warm. For all their numbers the Sith wouldn't be able to stand against it, right?

Wrong. Danger. The colors, so warm, twisted. Faded. Drained.

<Brace yourse->

She went to warn them. The soldiers beside her that she'd been trying to fight and protect. The colors wept as a silent scream echoed out. She couldn't protect them. Her vision blanked as she felt them die. Every one of them. She fell flat, too overwhelmed to even finish her thought.

Industrial_Heartland.png

Objective: Fight
Equipment: Weapons
Tags: Westenra Mina Westenra Mina | Closed
Cuyy6In.png

Any other opponent would have grinned at damaging Zachariel's armor, but seeing Westenra not even grin reminded Zachariel of droids and their lack of emotions. How could one derive pleasure from destroying a mere automaton? They couldn't properly feel fear, nor any proper amount of pain. She would simply continue on, no matter what. It annoyed the warlord, adding onto his annoyance regarding the damage to his armor.

Still, he would destroy her, break her and burn the remnants. That was the fate of all who opposed him. Striking out with his fist, Zachariel snarled at her, even as she spun and struck back. The strike was quick, aimed at the new weak point in his axe and sure to try and cleave through it. She sought to damage his blade, slow it in some way. Her cut struck partially true, as Zachariel twisted his blade as she struck. Rather than cut into the blade, it cut across it, leaving a slash across the blade.

Her purpose in damaging his blade and making it inoperable failed then, though was futile in the long run. Zachariel rarely used the axe for anything but a cutting instrument, trusting in its sharpness as it was. The powers he used were also based in the Force, his axe simply a focus point. And even that, he rarely used. Still, a part of the top of the axe was chipped off, more damage to it than it had taken in the last century.

Scowling at her, he stepped back before launching himself forward. Swinging the axe forward, the top part that was cut off fell to the wayside, even as the warlord snarled louder, axe seeking to cut into her once more.

KjnmtTy.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom