Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Dominion's Personal Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intent: Allow Dominion to fight against those who wield laser sticks, and to take hits from them without getting sliced in two.
Development Thread: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/83775-the-lucky-find-of-echolya-star-gray/ (<Getting Besker)
(Making the armor)
Manufacturer: Tony Benneta
Affiliation: Personal
Modularity: Highly
Production: Unique

Material: Mandalorian Iron, Ciridium, Syndite (Armor) Kevlar and Syndite and Thermal Gel(undersuit)
Model: AD-01
Classification: Anti-blaster, Anti-Lightsaber, Anti-Ballistic.
Weight: 31kg
Quality: 10
Special Features:
  • Lightsaber Resistant: It can block and shrug off multiple lightsaber strikes before wearing down, and the gauntlets can be used to push aside a lightsaber real quick. (effectively, a crushgaunt)
  • Excellent Blaster and Ballistic Protection
  • Air conditioning(fan/filter), vacuum sealed.
  • Is compatible with Dominion's robotic eye, making targeting and quick shooting much easier.
  • Ultraviolet/Infrared Vision and Thermal Vision (because robotic eye), along with lifeform scanners
  • Binoculars
  • Magnetic plate on back to hold his Alchemized sword, obtained in this thread.
  • Holonet Access
  • Internal Communicator
  • Visual/Audio Recorders
  • Magboots
  • Faraday Cage
  • 20-30 minutes of oxygen
  • Three holsters. One on each thigh, and one in the middle of his back right above his butt.
  • HUD
Weakness:
  • An Ion weapon or EMP could disrupt the helmet's operating system, causing it to malfunction or turn off. In such a case, the helmet would stop compatibility with his robotic eye, and would not allow the user to see out. Although, a quick tap of a button on the side of the helmet can make the visor turn transparent, allowing him to see without the use of the helmet's power.
  • The metal plating is what is Lightsaber Resistant, not the flexible full body suit of Syndite and Kevlar. Although, only the small gap in the shoulders, lower abdomen, and inner elbows along with the back on the knees are the only places that it shows.
Description:

All from head to toe is black, dark navy blue. Not a lick of skin can be seen, as this armor covers everything. The full face helmet is black to onlookers, but Dominion sees through just fine on his side. In the center of his helmet, a small red triangle can be seen, showing that it is online. It isn't bright or shining in anyway, but is merely there. Around the waist/lower torso area, there are lots of straps and area to put packs and containers for ammo or other usables.

As for its modularity, it is completely hand crafted by Dominion, and so, he can make all the adjustments he wants. He knows it in and out, and how everything works. Although, like stated before, the only thing with power is his helmet. So the armor itself could not be modded to use power reliant mods without wiring up the whole suit.

The besker is all well and good for armor, but the thermal gel in the undersuit takes the kinetic impact, minimizing trauma to a minimum. Laymen's terms, punching this square in the chest would be like punching a wall, with a little bit a flesh behind it.

Underneath all the metal armor, there is a full-body suit(besides his head), black as well. It is made of Kevlar, Syndite, and Thermal Gel to protect against heat and kinetic hits.

See the images v

Image Sources: http://data.hdwallpapers.im/soldier_armor_weapon_helmet_art.jpg
http://images.alphacoders.com/105/105761.jpg
http://a133.idata.over-blog.com/1/32/60/44/Actucine/sem49/Last-Man-Standing.jpg

Netherworld

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Netherworld

[member="A. Dominion"]

Sorry for the delay, been a busy week.
Anyway, you've got a few basis here. A couple kinks to iron out, and we should be good to go. :)

First off, please add the missing sections of the Armor template to your submission. They can be found here. Specifically, you're missing the following:
  • Model, Classification, Weight and Quality.
  • Refer to the Armor template for the specifics of what each section should include.
While on the topic of the template, please change the production to Unique.
You list the modularity as high; this will require elaboration as to what exactly is modular and to what degree. Please specify this further in the Description section of the template.

The dev thread, unfortunately, won't be suitable for this submission.
Beskar (( Objective: Perform a mining operation, a raid, an excavation, or steal to obtain Mandalorian Iron Ore from any of the following planets: Mandalore, Concordia, Echo'lya –OR— inflict a devastating defeat on a Mandalorian character and have them verify it. Characters belonging to the Major Faction whose influence covers Mandalore and/or Concordia are exempt from fulfilling this objective.
All tech submissions involving Mandalorians using Beskar will require a forging or construction thread of at least 10 posts where the item is made. Limited or minor production items will require longer dev threads of 20 and 30 posts respectively, or at the discretion of the Factory Judge. ))
  • Unless your character is a Mandalorian, you'll have to do a mining operation, a raid, an excavation, or a theft thread of Beskar from one of the listed planets.
  • Please also keep in mind the requirement of quality posts for development threads. A lot of the posts in the thread you have currently linked wouldn't fit the bill.

Now onto the meat of the sub; it looks good for the most part. There's two things I'd like you to do.
  1. Flesh out the description some more. It's very bare bones right now. You can describe it's history or what it means to the character, or just delve into the aesthetics more if you want.
  2. What kind of ballistic-proof material are we talking about here? Please list it under the Materials section.
    A. Dominion said:
    flexible full body suit of ballistic proof material

Tag me with questions/edits. :)

[member="Netherworld"] quick question, the development thread to get the ore... if I did a steal, would I have to colaborate with someone else so there is some back and forth in the thread? Or can I go in alone, write one massive post/multiple posts to steal the ore?

Also, I personally would like to think the thread I gave as counted as a steal of sorts. I know the thread wasn't all about the ore, but it was a trade. Lady Kay made some ore slip through the cracks(stealing) and in return, Dominion helps her with her bounty hunter problem(The thread just started here). I know there are rules and they have to be strict, but I was hoping that there would be an exception because Dominion is risking his life for this ore by protecting [member="Lady Kay"] from bounty hunters.

Netherworld

[member="A. Dominion"]

Bounced your question up to a couple of other judges and the boss lady, and unfortunately your dev isn't sufficient.

I suggest doing a development thread on how your character actually steals the shipment of ore, maybe get a Mandalorian to write it with and have fun with some fisticuffs. A short thread of 10 quality posts should be good. :)

A. Dominion said:
Laymen's terms, punching this square in the chest would be like punching a wall, with a little bit a flesh behind it.
Not to get too medieval on you, but that's not exactly how kinetic energy transfer in armor works. The damage you take is of course always up to you, but it's just something to keep in mind; beskar will certainly stop the offending object, but the energy of the hit will transfer regardless.

Tag me when the dev is done. :)

posted the Dev thread, but it's not done. I'll bump this again when it is. Thanks for being patient!

Also, about the whole punching it would be like punching a wall, I added Thermal Gel up there in the Materials. If this is an issue, I'll take it down.

[member="Netherworld"]

Dominik Borra said:
As this suit can take hits from just about anything short of a direct cannon blast, it also takes a lot of shock and kinetic energy away from impacts. Laymen's terms, punching this square in the chest would be like punching a wall, with a little bit a flesh behind it.
If you could specify that the kinetic trauma is being prevented by the thermal gel (not the beskar itself) this should be good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom