Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech The Zerek Stowaway Node, from iBorg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Intent: A Zerek Node suitable for survival horror environments escape-and-evasion functions, compatible with the Zerek Socket on various iBorg implants.
Development Thread: None
Manufacturer: iBorg
Model: Zerek Stowaway Node
Affiliation: Open market
Modularity: It's a module
Production: Mass-produced
Material: Electronics, desh-terenthium, high-grade nullification resin (optional)
Description: The Zerek Stowaway Node is designed to increase survivability in shipboard environments. As with most Zerek Nodes, its primary function involves sensory overlays or filters. In this case, its main element is a high-precision life signs detector and motion tracker. Sensor input can either be displayed directly into the visual cortex as a neural HUD, processed into the auditory cortex as a false-dopplered approximation of direction, range, speed and acceleration, and/or processed into the subconscious as a generalized awareness of direction and distance. The wearer can switch between these modes at will. It can also conceal its wearer from other life signs detectors, and provides limited protection against hearing.
  • (+) High-precision lifeform scanner and motion sensor; range 12m aboard ship or indoors, 30m in more open environments.
  • (+) When activated, conceals wearer from the finest lifeform/IR scanners except at close ranges (<1m); offers complete protection against discount/average/distant/unfocused lifeform scanners.
  • (+/-) Low-power one-way distortion field dampens relatively quiet sounds (heartbeat, breathing, etc.) but is less effective with louder sounds (don't drop the wrench while the reavers are right outside your hiding spot) - finding the right threshold takes intuition and practice.
  • (-) Function irrelevant to most other kinds of scanner, as well as the naked eye. This is not a stealth field.
  • (-) Cannot conceal its own power signature; when plugged into a neural implant, it generally reads like a small active datapad or ship subsystem, which is a serious problem if a sector-by-sector powerdown search is going on, or you're trying to evade detection on a ship that's gone dark.
  • (+/-) Optional high-grade nullification resin can prevent most Force interference in the module's operation, at a cost to the precision and range of Force senses.
Primary Source: Partially modeled after the sensor functions of Aurra Sing's neural implant, with a shorter range and no antenna.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
RESEARCH REVIEW<br /> <br />Star Wars Canon:<br />Pending initial review<br /> <br />Starwars Chaos: <br />Pending initial review<br /> <br />WITHOUT DEV THREADS<br />Pending initial review<br /><br />WITH DEV THREADS<br />Pending Initial review<br /><br />SUGGESTIONS<br />Pending Inital review

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Selka Ventus"]
Alright. This looks good. Balanced, easy, and with some good strengths and weaknesses. The only problem I can see is just how does it hide the user from life form scanners and IR?

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Popo"]

There's enough sensor-rerouters floating around canon, all of them with ambiguous rationales and good against wide varieties of sensors, that I didn't really feel the need. Comparable (and much more powerful) tech here, here, here, here, here, here, here, as well as static-damping from the Thrawn novels, which oddly doesn't have a Wook entry that I can spot. Basically, there's a bunch of ambiguously defined electronic modules that do this at personal or ship scales, for all or most sensors instead of a small subset.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Selka Ventus"]
Fair enough. Yeah, Wookiee is really... Vague half the time. The other half is sketchy referencing or game tech. Alright, it works out for me. Approved pending secondary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom