Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Cybernetic Eye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image Source: Here
Intent: A replacement eye and an enhancement for @Dominik Borra
Development Thread: If Needed
Manufacturer: Tony Benneta
Model: N/A
Affiliation: Dominik Borra
Modularity: Hardware wise, not very. Unless completely removed. But software can be updated regularly.
Production: Production: Unique

Material: The stuff for an eye? Super light weight stuff, mostly plastics of some sort and the lens.
Special Features:
  • Is capable with working hand in hand with his arm.
  • 3D Tracking.
  • Analyzer: The eye is capable of tracking relative positions, velocities, and figuring out course trajectories. This information can be inputted into a physics program to figure out various problems in a scientific manner, provided that the user can set up the physics problem.
  • Record video/audio.
  • Shutting his left eye, he is able to play back any information stored on the eye.
  • Is hooked directly into his brain.
Description: After getting his right eye melted by a Sith's glowstick, Dominik was equipped with this. His cybernetic eye has enhanced his abilities, the 3D tracking feature can allow him to determine a lot of things. Example would be a person's mass using the Law of Conservation of Momentum. I.E., how they moved, caught things, ect. As he is normally a sniper from long distances or either locked in combat using his pistols and gadgets, this eye has greatly helped him out in the field. He can review past moments to see things differently, see how an enemy moved, ect. When working with his robotic arm, it's more in the sense of direction, force applied, and the like. He seems to talk to it sometimes, but only when alone.

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Dominik Borra"], most of this looks pretty good. I think that the motion interface pakage provides a pretty strong canon precedence for the 3D tracking.

Dominik Borra said:
Analytical Machine of... a lot of things. From measuring distance to gravity waves to components/materials and statistics in a matter of seconds.

I'm a bit hesitant about this because it seems open-ended to me that it could be abused.

From an IC engineering standpoint, it's true that some Star Wars cybernetic eyes do provide enhanced vision that allow some abilities not normally possible for a human, but these tend to be visual enhancements only. Detecting gravity waves would probably be a whole new sensor. The ability to analyze many different components, materials, and statistics would probably require a lot of computing power which probably isn't easily fit into something as small as an eye, especially when it's already trying to provide its natural function at an enhanced state.

From an OOC standpoint, this looks like it could be used as an excuse to meta-game. For example, the materials analytic function could instantly find weak spots in an opponent's armor for dueling purposes. I could see the statistics part being used to calculate the best place to hide or somehow find something that's hidden.

I think that a smart player using this device should be able to figure some things out that would normally not be possible, but it shouldn't be an instant give-me or apply to a large range of senses or different types of analyzation.

I'd like to see this portion of the submission focused into a few specific areas of enhancement.

I got rid of the material/compnent scanning thing. I added that in and I see your point. I don't care for that. I was also going for, in terms of gravity waves and the detecting of, was by tests. Witnessing things. So, I added that in as well. Better now? I don't want to be a "give me now", I want to be that smart guy who uses it to figure things out, lol.

[member="Gir Quee"]

Awesome.

Dominik Borra said:
Analytical Machine of... a lot of things. From measuring distance to gravity waves(by completing tests, such as throwing something and watching how it reacts, or shooting something and seeing how that reacts) and statistics in a matter of seconds. Record video/audio.

I'd probably phrase this as something like "Analyzer: The eye is capable of tracking relative positions, velocities, and figuring out course trajectories. This information can be inputted into a physics program to figure out various problems in a scientific manner, provided that the user can set up the physics problem". This gives the eye a bit more power, but ultimately it's usefulness will be dependent on your character's creativity and intellect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom