Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech The Encoil central nervous system defense package, from iBorg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shira Varanin

S
mohammad-javad-gharavi-pour-zbrush-head-back.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Cybernetic spinal protection system
  • Image Source: Mohammad Pour
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: iBorg Prosthetic Augments
  • Affiliation: Closed Market (ask first)
  • Model: The Encoil, from iBorg
  • Modularity: Aurek and Zerek node sockets allow plug-in funtionality.
  • Production: Mass-produced
  • Material: Steristeel, advanced electronics, shock absorbers, flexible medical-grade materials, high-grade nullification resin (optional)
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Spinal cord/brain protection
  • Size: Average
  • Weight: Average
  • Resistances:
    • Energy: High
    • Kinetic: High
    • Concussion: Low
    • Lightsabers: None
    • EMP/Ion: Very High
    • Sonic: Very Low
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Segmented surface armour plates
  • Internal armour
  • EMP/ion resistance
  • 2x Zerek Node sockets
  • 2x Aurek Node sockets
STRENGTHS
  • Protects spinal cord and brain.
  • Compatible with a variety of Aurek and Zerek Nodes.
  • Excellent EMP/ion resistance. Large-scale EMP/ion weapons will cause a 30-second reboot cycle without loss of data.
  • Optional internal nullification resin layer prevents Force interference.
  • Easy medical access to reduce cranial pressure if needed.
WEAKNESSES
  • Partially visible.
  • Requires major surgery, even for an implant linked to the central nervous system. Most field repairs are not an option.
  • If someone plugs the right cable into your Encoil, they could control your actions. Mechu-deru is a major risk, unless you take the nullification resin option.
  • The nullification resin option will dampen your own Force abilities. It also confers no resistance to mind tricks or anything along those lines.
  • No lightsaber resistance.
  • Confers low sonic weapon protection.
  • Won't do much against the brain-sloshing-around hazards of major impacts.
  • Can sometimes cause baldness.
DESCRIPTION

"Oh yeah, it's saved my nerfbacon a bunch of times. Blaster to the head, walked it off. Slugthrower to the head...well, I woke up a month later but my skull was just fine. And then I ran into this big guy with a mask who wanted to break my spine, but that didn't take either. Best [amount redacted] I ever spent."
-customer testimonial

The Encoil is a central nervous system defense that stretches from the brain to the bottom of the spine. It is installed with a combination of major surgery and single-use medical nanotechnology. The nanotech grows the Encoil inside the body, creating a flexible and durable sheath around the spinal cord and major nerves.

Externally, the Encoil is visible as a series of steristeel plates stretching from the brain stem down the spine. The internal structure is more comprehensive, but is still limited to the spinal and cranial areas. While getting an Encoil is a serious choice, many combatants and extreme sports enthusiasts find it an appropriate one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom