Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Invasion Return the Favour | EE Invasion of GA held Byss

ᴏɴᴇꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴢᴇʀᴏᴇꜱ
VfMZmPe.png

| LOCATION: Byss System |
| STARFIGHTER:
BB and Bella’s Delta-7B “Aethersprite” Light Interceptor |
| ALLIES:
The ETERNAL EMPIRE; The AGENTS OF CHAOS [ Bella Bella | Dimitri Lindzinsky ] |
| ENEMIES:
The GALACTIC ALLIANCE [ Grand Moff Vel'alari | Marlon Sularen Marlon Sularen | Constantine Oliva Constantine Oliva | Gat Tambor Gat Tambor | Voth Nall ] |

re3GLA.png

' You're the boss. Jumping in now. '

In nothing short of a second, the Delta-7B's thrusters burn brightly, and promptly, the starfighter would find itself amidst an ocean of colleague starships. The warmth of the ship's control panel clashes with the freezing environment, and BB-610 relishes the sensation; the feeling of the cold vacuum of space against his circuits. If he were organic, he would be getting chills. Having said that, the droid's excitement is cut short - the fleet approaching enemy lines, and those in opposition inching closer into sight.

' There they are... Running a lifeform scan now. ' The antenna furthest left atop BB-610's head extends, the two smaller antennae rising and lowering in order to boost his range. It takes no time at all, the vast area of space providing little disruption to his scan, and in a few seconds, the results are in. The droid, however, remains silent. He stares, in awe, at maybe nothing in particular. His systems get to calculating, and the astromech turns his head to face his partner.

There's a terrified whirr. ' Scan complete. They... average at around 10,460 starfighters. ' BB-610 says, his grumbled binary reaching even lower. ' We sit at a mere 3,200. Bella, they outnumber us. This is overkill. '

He wants to bang his head against the Delta-7B, to simply wish this wasn't happening. He had expected large numbers, certainly, but this? They were overwhelming. The odds were stacked heavily against them, and it's then that the situation really becomes clear to him. That he can die. That he might die. That it's statistically probable that he will die. The droid's internal algorithm is both a blessing and a curse - but right now, he really did not want to be reminded of the critically low success rate they had.

No. No. He wasn't going to chicken out. He wasn't going to dwindle on it. He was tasked with a mission. He will see it through... whether it be his last moments. Perhaps it had been a bad idea to never wipe his memory. As a result, he thought too much-- he thought. He thought-

' Okay. This is a suicide mission. But... despite the odds, we do still objectively have a chance at winning this. ' BB-610 turns to face the opposing ships, eyeing the handful of capital ships. ' Their fleet consists primarily of TIE Fighters. The Delta-7B can both outmanoeuvre and outgun them so long as we keep our distance. They have no shields, no hyperdrive, no life support. We do. '

There's a faint clicking sound, and the Delta-7B edges faster and faster.

' Our best bet is to blow through those TIE Fighters and get those off our backs. I can keep us steady, but you're going to have to have the aim of an assassin droid if we're going to do this. '

A metallic sigh.

' I trust you. We can do this. '

re3GLA.png

Last edited:

Fiolette Fortan

F
VfMZmPe.png

Aboard the Rae Sloane, Fiolette Raaf adjusted the hem of her jacket and watched from the table as data information came through the feed about the space battle. She promised to aid the Galactic Alliance and she would, she brought with her several ships to aid in the defense of the Sloane. It wouldn't be the first time she had helped them, although the last time she helped the Galactic Alliance. It was how she met Taeli so it wasn't all bad. The Galidraani woman's goal was more personal this time, she invited her granddaughter Frielle Kinniak and members of the new Galactic Alliance Defense Squadron to make use of any supplies they could.
Fio had to sigh a moment, as she sat at her small table on the bridge. She poured herself a cup of tea, and wondered just what in the bloody hell the Eternal Empire was doing. One moment they aligned with the Sith, broke to align with the New Imperials, then broke again to align with the Sith again. It was one helluva turn and made absolutely no sense on the surface. Then again, Fio surmised that she would never truly understand just what went on in the brutal empire of the Eternals. Who really only knew how to do one thing well; genocide. At least that was what she was reading as she dug up reports on their activities in the old First Order's holds.
Taking a sip of her tea, Fio then thought, well it truly is none of my business.
However.
Even Annaj was dealt an ugly hand by the Eternal Empire.
And still more death, this time on Varunda XI and Trenwyth.
There would always be an enigma to the organizations whose agenda did little to value life, but worse this all seemed to be for the sole purpose of the once and former Emperor, Darth Tacitus. Fiolette recalled when he tried to offer both herself and her wife a corporate tax break while he still served Darth Metus as a Viceroy in the Confederacy. He seemingly broke away to live a life of happy genocide in the Unknown Regions. What a bloody and brutal history she thought for a moment. Yes, the First Order could not exactly say they had been innocent however in comparison, Darth Tacitus ensured one thing. The First Order paled in comparison to the atrocities the Eternal Empire had committed as if that was something to celebrate.
The robotic voice of a nearby droid diverted Fiolette's attention away from the reports her agents had dug up.
They would be arriving at Byss soon enough. She rose from her seat and set the teacup down on its saucer.
Galidraani flight pants with the double bloodstripes, Fiolette approached the command station and couldn't help the smile that tugged on the corner of her lips. It had been so long since she had had a good fight in the void.

Caedyn Arenais

C
td3xnjG.png

Objective: Defend the Capital & Deter hostile forces
Apparel: Silver Ambassador Jedi Robes
Weapons: Lightsaber
Tags: The Raven (Adron Malvern) | Arctus Silmar Arctus Silmar (Disguised: Bernard of Arca)

SM.png

Fire rained down overhead of the Capital City as Caedyn moved alongside the Squad of Antarian Rangers as they moved in formation, ensuring every corner was clear before crossing the streets and moving to secure any civilians trying to flee the battle zone. From the surface, the distant sky could be seen lighting up in dull flashes as the battle for the sector waged in orbit and reinforcements for both sides sought to make for landfall without being blasted into space dust by the heavy firepower of capital ships or pursuing fighter squadrons. For Caedyn Arenais, he was much more comfortable, if that was the word for what he was feeling, being on the ground amidst such a chaotic and violent experience. He was an average pilot when it came to starfighters, and the lifespan of anyone less than highly skilled in that line of work wasn't anything to feel encouraged by.

Coming across a new cross-section in the road ahead, several teenagers scrambled out in front of the Rangers before letting our screams of fright at the sight of the armed forces. An immediate order was shouted aloud, instructing them to hold their fire while the captain moved to approach the trio in the hope of calming them down and convincing them to head back in the direction the squad had come from in order to reach the nearest evacuation point. Meanwhile, Caedyn's commlink lit up as a transmission was broadcast to him, the Jedi tugging the device from the magna-clamp of his utility belt and raising it to his ear.

"Captain Numa" Caedyn raised his voice, moving to step passed the other Rangers who remained in position and keeping their sights lined with any potential point of exposure or vulnerability; "My presence has been requested a district over, you'll have to carry on without me" he informed the soldier. The two shared a brief handshake before Caedyn bid the Squad well and turned to move on alone towards the scene of an apparent Sith sighting. While the Jedi Knight didn't feel any potent darkness ahead of him, the Sith were just as capable of silencing their presence within the force, and with the alarming sense of danger seemingly echoing in all directions he chose to look with the battle being desperately fought across the Capital, the fact that Caedyn couldn't sense the presence of a Sith Lord didn't necessarily mean there wasn't one lying in wait ahead.

The locale in question was some sort of large broadcasting tower, a great and tall building with its own infrastructure rather than one of those weak towers made out of iron that you might find on a more backwater world, this structure looked to have a great number of floors and as the Jedi Knight moved closer in approach, he hoped it'd also have a turbo-lift. Something of a first-world priority given the situation he found himself in. As reported prior, all communication originating from the tower seemed to be dead, although from what Caedyn could perceive from the outside, it didn't sound as though there were any shots being fired from where he slowly edged closer.

Apparently, he was in luck, and upon stepping through the entrance Caedyn was greeted by the sight of a turbo-lift on the far side of the room. "Thank the Force for small mercies" he muttered under his breath, barely an audible whisper as his eyes darted across the rest of the area, Lightsaber hilt within his right hand however the weapon remaining inactive until the need would arise. Part of him had to question the intelligence in the decision to take a lift in the middle of a warzone when any manner of disturbance might knock out the power grid or cause the tower to become unstable. Truth be told, it could have been a sense of complacency that led him to step inside, however, if he was to be engaging a Sith Lord, Caedyn hoped to save as much stamina as possible for the coming battle...

And so the climb would begin, along with some gods awful music playing from the speaker in the corner of the ceiling of the lift. Apparently, he couldn't keep his cake and eat it too.

Lady Ingrid L’lerim-Ragal
Eternal Empress of the Eternal Empire, Lord Commander of the Wardens of the Shroud
The Red Witch; The Night Queen, Head of the House L’lerim, CEO of the HPI Consortium
Wk45UHq.png
Objective: Where the Nexus rules (Destroy the Nexus)
Equipment: 2x Sigra vibroblade | 2x Striith vibrosword | Heilagr MK. I Assassin Armour | G1 OmniLink || Shield talisman | Empyrean gland | Taozin amulet
Tag: Elpsis Kerrigan Elpsis Kerrigan
dRUm20K.png

Her opponent apparently didn't really want to talk, it was sad. And yet it wouldn’t have taken long for Ingrid’s body to regenerate. For now, she didn't want to reveal much about what she was capable of, because for her, it was perfect if no one knew that. For a moment, she hoped there would be no problem when her opponent took her finger off the trigger. However, it was then that she began to attack with the Force.

Ingrid was not an elementalist, she was only able to alter her environment very minimally. She didn't want any better. But she recognized what the woman was doing, thanks to the fact that her aunt, on the other hand, had used this ability very much, she was a Sith Lord, and she was also able to control the fire exactly. She didn't know yet how the elements might affect her in this new form, she hadn't tried yet. She may have been a bit masochistic, she was also a sadist, but not so much to test these. She knew the light was hurting her, nothing else, yet.

She used to hide in the shadows, lived and worked there, and now she was a part of it. She would have been easy to become a shadow and do something like that, but then all the clothes would fall off her. She really has to make clothes that change with her if possible. But now she didn’t have time to deal with it, and then when she survived this war. But she wanted to survive, so she would have to reveal something of her own power. Reached into the Force and at that moment managed to teleport behind the woman attacking her before the flames reached her.

She felt the heat of the attack, but her armour protected her from them for the time being. After the teleportation, the Eternal Empress appeared behind the woman, just with her back, so she immediately tried to turn around, and then as soon as she did, Ingrid tried to cut her opponent's back and armour with an X-direction cut from below.

lqTDRqo.png

nBtOGGm.gif

VfMZmPe.png

Alli Vern was here for more pratical reasons. This whole fight had spurned sanctions the like she hadn't seen effect her in 20 years. This was bad for business So she did what she did best. She arranged a meeting with Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe . The trip to his battle cruiser was fairly hair raising but she had made sure that anyone who listened knew that a peaceful discussion was being held and they were not to be fired upon. Hopefully that fed through the ranks. This whole leading a government thing was new to her. A company sure but it was a whole different ball game. Their saviors were now dragging them into sanctions and she was hoping to come to some sort of arrangement but the outlook was grim.

"Greetings Senator Tithe, It is pleasure to meet with you. I wish that it was over something more cheerful than an active military engagement. But alas here we are. As you know, I recently became the head of the Zweihander Union, Elected by the people after we fled and lost our planets and our space. I will be honest, The only reason I am here to talk to you today was that the Eternal empire bailed us out of the frying pan. I am not aware of how much you have been enlightened to but it was bad our space was torn into pieces by power plays and coups. I have all of my citizens in artificial habitations while we desperately search for a new home. We have some promising leads but the short of it is that these sanctions will cripple us. While I don't have much business per say in the Galactic Alliance, Trade must flow and without it I am between a rock and a hard place. Right now the only reason we are afloat is because of the strong corporate backing stayed intact during the struggle. Sure we lost some facilities but myself I have invested in spaceborn manufacturing and others were diversified enough losing the facilities in ZU space only set them back. With the proposed seizures and block of trade I am afraid I don't have a leg to stand on. I was hoping perhaps you could put in the good word for The Union or more, I am not entirely sure how much sway you have in such matters but I have millions of lives depending on this meeting so I don't ask this lightly. "

Normally she would be on a better standing but the hits kept coming and at this point she hoped that perhaps she could take the diplomatic way out of this. The outright stop of trade and seizure of ships was too far she felt. Sure Tarrifs and strict inspections but this seemed extreme. Alli's sway with the Empress was non existent. She should probably fix that but at the moment this meeting could possibly make or break the Zweihander Union. Things might get even tougher if these sanctions were to unfold.

td3xnjG.png

There was only blood.

Blood and fire.

It was a reinforced strongpoint protected by heavy tanks that held out against the armies of the Eternal Empire. It should've been able to hold for quite some time, protecting the strategic targets from destruction. That was until a hurricane descended upon the men and women of the Galactic Alliance, faithfully holding the line in a joint defense alongside the Imperials of this world. It was a giant at the spearhead of a wall of black armored crownguard, clad in a towering suit of battle plate. One by one the heavy tank blows splashed against the treated sarrassian iron and for all their force and fury, even they wouldn't slow his charge and when he closed in, and the six and a half foot runeblade came down. It did so in a shower of sparks. The blade sang through the metal its discharge of ultrasonic vibrations and sonic waves, coupled with the razor shark alchemy treated mullinine blade it was like a hot knife through butter.
Before the Dark Lord of the Sith it was helpless. The giant locked eyes with the screaming crew for a few short seconds, just before he erupted in a devastating roar. A repulsing blast of force energy that blew the heavy tank to pieces and turned the men inside into clouds of pink mist. Before the other vehicle could turn its barrel towards him he had already ran into, and through the vehicle in a massive eruption before it too fell silent forever. In his wake came his sovereign protectors as all manner of blaster and projectile stopped, seized in the field of their armors mag coils and cast aside, the genetically enhanced giants swept down and slaughtered every single defender in his name. Before the Dark Lord was a man splayed out on the ground. A blast had knocked him over and before he could get up the giant was upon him, a single massive boot shattered his pelvis and pinned him to the ground. As the mans eyes widened in horror the runeblade was driven through his chest, soul drained within its hungering steel. It craved for more - infinitely more.
He would indulge it.
For their allies he would indulge it and support them in striking against the Second Galactic Alliance. A resurgent alliance rising in the ashes of the galactic giant that once stood in their place. They had risen with a vengeance and unseated the Sith from their throne over the core, but in the end the decadent alliance had been swept away, cast down and destroyed. It was a daring venture to step into the shoes of such a legacy. In response to the dangerous attack it had come to his attention the galactic senates sanctions attempt. It was a brave attempt but albeit one that fell on deaf ears. If there was one thing that Darth Tacitus had done was the first Emperor had brought the Eternal Empire to prominence with staunch individualism. They needed no one to succeed they were entirely self sufficient. Cut them off from the entire galaxy, levy the harshest sanctions. It wouldn't harm realm of the new Empress Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim and that was in large part to her predecessor and the legacy he left. For the new Empress who struck out against the Alliance?
The Dark Lord would answer.
As he surged forward to press the attack he couldn't help but feel a fledgling presence that was all too familiar, from somewhere in the past he had felt it before, someone he had encountered before, a nascent youth filled with a false sense of hope, who clung to the light. It was a taxing gift that wouldn't help her here.
"I feel you now...where are you my little gutter rat?" The Dark Lord turned towards where he could feel the new presence and pressed right on towards it. The crownguard formed up on their master as he moved.

td3xnjG.png

Location | Sularenopolis , Old Imperial Citadel/Imperator's Plaza
Focus | Senator Vosh , Surface-Marshal Torson &
Lieutenant Leoet
Objective | Defend the City [Protect Shield Generators]
Forces |
Tags | Ben Craig Ben Craig | Rowena

In the High Council Chambers within the Old Imperial Citadel , Senator Vosh-Sularen of Byss surrounded by dozens of Military Officer's of
Byss Security watched from a Live Holomap as the Battle progressed , already 2 Factories had been infiltrated and according to Surface-Marshal Torson , half a dozen more had to be already infiltrated. Their only hope was to pin down the Eternal Imperial Saboteurs within the very Factories they intended to blow up as a means to ensure a proper victory for the Constitutional Authority. So far the only good news was that the Military District was seemingly untouched with the majority of the enemy force attacking the Industrial Sector.

There was only one issue however as according to their Intel , the Black Sun was to led the assault on the Factories though so far no Black Sun forces had been spotted as the Assault seemed to be mainly carried out by Eternal Imperial Special Forces. However , the Byss Security Forces had their own special units ready for deployment. Scanning throughout the Holomap , Senator Vosh searched for a potential target and spotted two groups of enemy forces seemingly grouping up at the edge of the Industrial Center that was closest to the Shield Generator. He could only guess they were planning an attack on the Shield Generator itself. Thus he turned around to face a man , Nichos Velt Nichos Velt .

"All right Velt. Looks like your up." the Senator began. "I've spotted two groups of enemy soldiers linking up at the edge of the Industrial District 14 Kicks from here. There is a force of 50 Directorate Commandos on stand-by on the lower hangar , what i want you to do is take command of these men , take a
Stealth Shuttle and head towards the location of the group of enemy forces. If you require additional support upon engaging the enemy force , there is a unit of 50 Special Security Stormtroopers and 4 Elite AT-STs under Lieutenant Leoet nearby that could provide you with any assistance."

"Also one more thing , eliminate everyone except for the man leading this force. I want to have at least one prisoner in order to gain considerable information regarding these Eternal Imperials. That is all , Velt. Remember do everything i say and you'll leave this planet as an extremely wealthy man." the Senator Said. Upon giving his orders , he returned to the Holomap further inspecting the battle. Hopefully Nichos Velt was up for the task as if the Senator's Hunch was right , that force was probably going to regroup and attack the Shield Generator given that they were the closest Eternal Imperial Unit to the Imperator's Plaza and the closet force to them was located approximately 750 Meters away from them. If they could crush this force and capture their leaders they would only be one step closer towards total victory.

We all fall in parallel
Wk45UHq.png

Objective: Reinforce protective elements
Allies: Alliance, Jedi
Enemies: Eternal Empire

hJJw3Ng.png

This was the most extreme awareness he had ever had. The closer that the dropship erred toward the Citadel, the more he felt his chest tighten. It wasn't a calm, soothing, friendly, or happy place. This was a swirling, howling darkness that threatened to swallow anyone who chanced too close. The unsettling, sinking sensation in Takui's gut only exacerbated once the Alliance Forces began to filter out.

"Go, go, go!"

For the Defense force, it wasn't about the mystical latent energies that dwelled in the Citadel. Byss was an Alliance world, and no matter who dwelled there, they fell under the Protection of the Senate and its militant forces. Simply by virtue of his position as a Jedi, however lowly, it was his duty to defend the people.

The enemy proper wasn't Sith. The Eternal Empire as he understood it had ties to the Sith, and even had some Sith within its ranks. Their goals were dubious at best, and for what little Taku knew of them, the best guess he could manage was that this attack was born of some deal brokered with his mortal enemy.

All of it was enough. He had no questions to ask, simply a task to complete. Taku filed out of the ship behind the troopers and took his position in the rear line. The senior Alliance Forces swept the area first, then cleared the way for the secondary team to advance.

Artillery shelling the area rained screaming hot metal from above. Riot shields scrambled up to create a makeshift tortoise shell cover, and under the duress of iron rain they slogged forward. Taku felt the impacts not directly, but in the way that the stronger, more bulkily armored troopers gritted their teeth and strained beneath it.

He could smell superheated flesh and nickel from the straggling effects, those men who failed to get to cover in time. More death, more people who would never see home again. More fathers without sons, children without parents.

Taku buried the urge to grieve on the spot. There would be time for that later. He had to save his tears and apologies for after the battle. If he could not make himself useful here, if he did not manage to fulfill the purpose that these men died for, then they died for nothing.

He refused to allow that.

"Push through to the Citadel," he spurred them forward. He lacked the inspiring presence of a leader, or the charismatic energy of a senior Jedi, but words might reach them. If he kept his spirits up, if he became the firm roots then the tree might stand strong. "We can get cover once we're past the entrenched position. It's only a bit further."

"You heard him, men! Push through! Get the Jedi to the Citadel!" He felt a wave of anxiety wash over him, along with a slight nausea. Was that another drawback to the perverted Force Nexus? The expectations of these men suddenly felt like a burden he wasn't sure he could shoulder.

Yet, he pushed forward. Together with these troopers, he could survive. No, I will survive. We will.

His fingers fumbled awkwardly at the lightsaber he had been given for the conflict, though what little training he had would be useless if he found himself facing down a Dark Lord of the Sith. He would have felt much more sturdy with a blaster.

Taku glanced up at the line ahead of them, just barely able to recognize blink code from behind the Alliance's entrenched position. "They're flagging us down," he called, "Starfighter strafe incoming...?"

"Feth," the senior officer hissed. "Everyone, hit the deck!"

Taku barely registered the command as one of the soldiers tackled him wildly from behind. He hit the ground face first and ate a mouthful of dirt, which he instinctively spat. Before he could scream out his protest, he felt the first Shockwave.

The second rocked his entire body, and Taku suddenly felt a wave of terror as he glanced up and saw the X-wings racing past overhead. The S-foils were open in attack position and the jet screams violated his ears to the point where he had to clamp his hands over them. Streaks of red light stained the ground with black pock marks as the fighters tore into enemy numbers and relieved some of the strain on the defenders.

"They must be getting pretty desperate," the officer muttered.

"What?" Taku screamed. He couldn't hear. His ears were still ringing from the intense noise that had almost blown out his eardrums.

Instead of repeating himself, the man only signaled. Regroup. Advance.

td3xnjG.png

Objective: Paralyze The City
Gear: Dark Blessings of Kuolema / Varjokävely
Opponent: Vulpesen Vulpesen
dRUm20K.png

As she had been taught by her dead Master, when it came to war or minor differences that led to two sides throwing down, there were two Siths of war. The first, was easily to simplify. They charged onward, slaughtering and killing everyone and everything in sight; though they were ferocious to handle, they were blinded by conflict. Easily distracted, and even more so easily thwarted. On the fields of battle where critters feasted off the dead, it was these Sith combatants that fed the bellies of the hungry. Bred for war, not so much for survival.

The other, the most dangerous of them all, was the patient and calculating Sith. Unlike the other more blinded warrior, these monsters walked among battlefields with patience; observing, calculating, elevating their senses to any impending danger. They knew, like any true warrior, that on the fields of war it wasn't brute strength that reigned victorious; but preparing for the unknown.

And then there was Mikilanna Mihaly, her Darth name only spoken upon the lips of the dead. She knew survival. She knew aggression. She knew war, chaos, and destruction. But she was well versed into reacting cautiously where situations would drive a lesser Sith to react. Even before the rockets above where even fired, her highly attuned ears had already picked up the sounds of wind breaking. It was easy to decipher the sounds above, below, and in between; even more so when the slightest of vibrations not only pinged the Force, but her ability as a survivalist to switch her focus from the battles in front, to the impending battle above.

Waiting. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting.

Like a viper she struck. Calling forth from the darkest, deepest caskets of the Force's dark sided nature, she caught each dart intending for her; holding them briefly in stasis above her head. Roving her eyes up, she caught her murderer upon wings. A bird had tripped into the cat's meow. Redirecting the darts, she released each killing tool into a group of GA soldiers. One by one they fell, not by the hand of a Sith; but by the hand of one that swore to fight side-by-side with them, die with them if must. If she was a Jedi or a preacher of the Light, she would have felt in her heart the pains of their demise. But she is Sith, and she could only laugh thinking how beautiful it must feel to kill those you are sworn to protect.

Wk45UHq.png

MORIDIN'S CITADEL
BATHE IN THE DARK SIDE
ALLIES: ETERNAL EMPIRE + THE SITH EMPIRE
ENEMIES: THE GALACTIC ALLIANCE + ALLIES
NOTICE: Takui Takui
CricketBarTSEredgold.png

SONG OR SOMETHING

Their allies in the Eternal Empire required help.

Battle with the Galactic Alliance.

With the Jedi.

He could remember making the decision to come to Byss. Amongst a group of Sith Troopers, the Sith Acolyte was part of the distraction that'd allow other operatives time to get into the Citadel. To do what? It wasn't really his business to know that sort of thing.

After landing, they trodded through marshlands, dozens of them. It was easier to avoid being shot down, or coming in on heavy fire. The thing they didn't tell him how cold and wet it'd be. The former, not as much as a disturbance, it was the latter of bog water getting into his boots that unnerved him.

Repeatedly clenching and unclenching, he could hear the sounds of battle ahead. Peering up as they began the trek up the incline to the Outer Walls, he could see the flash of energy bolts occasionally lancing through the air, coupled with the telltale scent of tibanna. It was no grand battle, the likes that had scoured the Core before in the time of his father, in the time of the One Sith, but...

We all start somewhere. Don't we, Dad?

His forehead creased, brows drawing closer to knit together before shooting his hands up to his hood and tugging it further back off of his head. Now that they were closing in on their destination, he actually had to see what was in front of him.

The ground shook, but they kept on moving. The smoke got closer to them. Or they got closer to the smoke. It didn't matter. Kaze's teeth ground together.

Come on. Come on.

Come on!

As if the team leader could feel his growing anticipation to the battle ahead, he raised his rifle and cried out his battle charge.

The soldiers roared back in answer and charged through the breaches in the Outer Wall, adding to the chaos and bloodshed. In their ranks, Kaze stumbled after them.

Soldiers of all types littered the ground. Dead and dying.

He tripped over one, their hand reaching to his thigh and he lurched away, shuffling a few feet before his hand flew instinctively and closed into a tight fist, the soldiers head instantly popping into pulp as the Force squeezed everything between both ears into nothing.

"What the f-?!" Staring down at his hand that slowly opened a moment later. "I...I..." He shook his head, twisting away back to the towering structure of the Citadel.

He could feel a draw to this place. Every step he took closer to the Keep, it felt as if it gave him further purpose. The draw, the whispers of the darkness that rested here, it gave him a power that he had never known before. Slowly, he brought his hand back up to look at it, clenching and unclenching. Nothing was different.

"I. Killed. Him." The shock of the event having struck uncertainty through him. But as those words tumbled from his lips, he found himself feeling powerful.

Again, he'd look up to the Keep. Erased from his features was the look of surprise.

Now,

rested a look of appreciation and reverence.

We all fall in parallel
Wk45UHq.png

Oh, no you didn't: Aeric Kaze Aeric Kaze

hJJw3Ng.png

They made good time from the drop zone, all things considered. Between artillery strikes and indiscriminate friendly fire from X-wings, it had become abundantly clear how important Byss was to the Alliance. Their methodology was a stark contrast to that of the Jedi; for their order, any level of sacrifice beyond personal was unacceptable. The Alliance was a formal government, with all the understanding that followed. In order to maintain security, they made those necessary sacrifices. The two entities were not merged as one for that very reason.

If it came down to it, a Jedi could not make the same calls as a politician. That was what made them Jedi. Life was precious, and it was their duty to defend it. So, watching the men around him dropping like flies disturbed Taku in a way he could not quite put to words. He did not agree with it, and it made him feel wretched. Without the power to protect them, these men had been damned.

Not one of them seemed distraught. If anything, those who he could feel fear stirring in still managed to push forward. "For Liberty!" came the guttural scream. He barely registered it through his shell-shocked ears.

"Liberty!" the collective sang as one. That time, he understood every syllable. That was when it struck him. Their methods may have varied, but they wanted the same thing. His resolve grew in that instant, as they fell in and sank deep in the entrenchments. "From here, we fill in the breaches and flank the enemy. Big chance here, boys. Let's show this 'Eternal' Empire that their eternity's up!"

As one unit, every trooper hollered and whooped.

Taku caught his breath. "Jedi," the officer called. "Fall in behind me. I'll show you how an Alliance Soldier leads. Watch closely!"

The Jedi managed a smile, thankful that the man saw him struggling. While the others saw it as a massive ego boost, Taku saw it as a rare chance to learn. A real soldier was as good a role model as a Jedi Knight, after all.

They hopped over the edge of the trench and made for the Citadel at double time. Blasters up, they discharged bolts of green toward enemies in their path and gunned their way through. A tide of cheers rang through the Alliance forces as they cut a swath through to the heart.

A second wind breathed into the lungs of their forces as they moved to reinforce the defenses, as they engaged the enemy flank.

They railed against the enemy force, spraying carnage back and forth. Men fell forward, dying with fingers on the trigger. Weapons discharged wildly. The Imperials raged back, sending men flailing, falling to the ground. The leader of the Alliance Troopers reached up toward a man, and with disgust, that man clenched his fist.

Taku looked on in horror as his short-lived friend was relieved of his head in a bloody, pulpy implosion. Viscrea splattered across the corpses of their allies and enemies indiscriminately, and the Jedi's eyes focused on the source of the evil he had just witnessed.

"I. Killed. Him."

"NO!"

A Jedi Knight would have sought a peaceful solution. Words may have come first. Anything but the rage that exploded in Taku, in the pure anguish that gripped his heart and moved his hand. The bright blue blade exploded to life in his hand, and he raced toward the Sith madly.

Wk45UHq.png

MORIDIN'S CITADEL
BATHE IN THE DARK SIDE
ALLIES: ETERNAL EMPIRE + THE SITH EMPIRE
ENEMIES: THE GALACTIC ALLIANCE + ALLIES
NOTICE: Takui Takui
CricketBarTSEredgold.png

SONG OR SOMETHING

Awestruck by his new and awesome power, Kaze had barely registered the voice that cried out over the constant din of the battlefield. The whine of ships and their weapons emptying their payloads into the earth and the conflicting ants between them. There was little organization here at this Citadel.

From this place the Dark Side excelled. It was powerful here.

He inhaled and wet his lips, as if he sought to smell, even taste, every part of the nexus that was almost one with the very earth they stood upon.

He saw the glint of the hilt from his peripherals, and it brought him back from his reverie. Shuffling backwards, his hand dropped, the hilt snatched up in his left hand as he recognized the blue beam, denoting this man as Jedi. Before he could even process what was happening, his legs were moving to meet the Jedi, crimson blade bursting to life as he slashed upwards to meet his wrath.

"Friend of yours?" Shifting to the side as bobbed his head in the direction of the corpse. The telltale corruption of the Dark Side was visible in his gaze, the sulfuric glow intermingled with his normally grey and stormy eyes. Before he could even process the words in his mind, they kept spilling out of his mouth as if having a sentience of its own. "Shame. I'll reunite you."

In a bid to gain the upper hand, he began to press the saber down to his left, to maneuver the Leaner's saber out of the way. His own hilt, abandoned by that of his right hand, he jabbed forwards, to the side of his opponents ribs.

He was a duelist, first and foremost, but a malevolent sensation in the back of his mind spoke to him. It whispered of victory. It promised an end to the nightmares that haunted his sleeps. It promised an end to current and future sufferings. He couldn't deny what it wanted of him, even if he tried.

We all fall in parallel
Wk45UHq.png

Enemy: Aeric Kaze Aeric Kaze

hJJw3Ng.png

The moment where his blade found resistance, he could hear the fearful, anxious voice screaming danger. Taku was wildly undertrained for this situation, an actual encounter with a real enemy. With a lightsaber, he found himself at even greater disadvantage. But, the Sith had blocked his strike, and for the moment that put a steady stream of magnetically contained plasma between him and loss of life or limb.

He was still riding that high of horror mixed with rage that propelled him into this situation as the Sith spoke. The words that came next were enough to cast aside any of his doubts. Someone who felt no remorse for taking a life was dangerous. If he backed down now, the other soldiers would be gunned down without a fight.

The Eternal Empire soldiers were highly trained and skilled in the art of killing Force Adepts. It was thanks to the men that accompanied him this far that he managed to engage the Sith at all. Now those men engaged the enemy and forced them to halt their advance, and they had dug in. The Imperials held their fire only because the had no clear shot that wouldn't kill their ally.

At this point, Taku was alone. He was alone with a Sith who wanted to kill him.

"Friend of yours?"

The Padawan felt his heart waver when the man dared to speak out about someone he'd just killed. Harsh words filled with contempt, but laced with sweet poison that almost lured Taku in. He almost spoke up, but the Sith continued.

"Shame. I'll reunite you."

The darkness was powerful here. It swept around them and Takui could feel it pushing the fear, the anger, and the malice he felt toward the forefront of his mind. It threatened to seize hold of every ligament, just like it had before. But he remembered something else.

The kind hand of Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei , who told him about his potential, and apologized for pushing him too far. He recalled the hand and warm embrace of Aveline Cuiléin Aveline Cuiléin , who stood by him and helped him push through after an experience that had caused him to pull back from the Force entirely. He recalled words from Auteme Auteme , who told him that to be a Jedi meant to do the right thing. At the time she said those words, Taku had no idea what the right thing was.

Now, with a deep, dark shadow cast over him, Taku could feel the dim light shining through. Drowning in the bloodlust that wanted to overtake him, he heard the faint whisper of the Force, telling him everything would be alright. In spite of his anger, Taku sagged backward.

His opponent had greater power, certainly. In an outright match of strength, there would have been no contest at all. So, when the Sith moved to shunt his weapon aside, Taku offered the path of least resistance.

The blue saber followed the direction of the red blade, out and to one side. Guided more by an unseen hand now than by skill, his body tilted on an axis as one leg left the ground, followed shortly thereafter by the other. His weapon glided out from the influence of the opponent's blade, and he felt the heat of the weapon singe his robes.

He landed on one foot after following through, thick folds of his garb falling away in stinking, seared sloughs. The residual heat of the weapon had singed his body, but the blade had not trailed close enough to end combat decisively. Still, the searing pain was mind-numbing.

It was the first experience that Taku ever had with this kind of pain. He knew that it was sheer inhuman reaction time that had saved him, and the small amount of training he had done. He ripped the remainder of the robes that were clinging to him and hanging free away and tossed them aside. His torso was bare on one side now, completely unprotected.

Takui raised the blade defensively and kept his eyes on his opponent. His breathing was heavier, and the pinkish red line on his torso screamed as oxygen rushed over it. All around them, green and red blaster fire was being traded.

"If that's my fate," the young man answered in a solemn voice.

Wk45UHq.png

Gear: Elpsis' Armour, Inferno, Uproar Blaster, Hold-out Bolter, Shotgun, Wrist Ion Paddle Beamer, Renegade, Grenades.
Allies: GA
Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim

Enemy soldiers did not have polite conversation in the middle of a battle. Regardless, immediately at the passage of the fireball, the bladeswoman and possible demon vanished. Elpsis had a natural skill for precognition. It was something she had inherited from her mother - her biological mother. Premonition screamed in her mind. But she also had experience. Usually as soon as an opponent blinked, turned invisible or teleported, they went for your back, assuming you would be spending those precious seconds trying to make sense of where they had gone.

So in the blink of an eye, her pistol was in her holster and she spun around. Inferno, held firmly in her dominant hand, sprang to life with a snap-hiss, producing a fiery orange blade. And met her foe's crossed blades in one fluid motion as they moved from below and tried to cut upwards, parrying the intended strike. In a way, the fact that her foe had tried to have both her swords form an X made it easier for Elpsis to repulse her attack. It was the kind of manoeuvre that allowed an opponent to tie up two weapons in one move. Moreover, when someone's strength was split between two swords, they were forced to put less strength into challenging their foe.

However, in the process one of Ingrid's swords briefly caught Elpsis in the side, hitting a spot where the plating of the Phrik armour was weaker. The contact was brief and the sword did not break skin, but a simple touch was enough for Devaronian blood poison to cause searing white-hot pain to explode inside Elpsis. The pyromancer grit her teeth.

But she stood. Facing her father, a sadistic Sith Lord, and the dreaded Witch-Necromancer Matsu Xiangu had taught her to endure pain - as had Tephrike. In the concentration camp of Serene Springs, she had been starved, brainwashed and beaten. Her body and mind had been broken. And then she had broken her chains. In this moment, she was grateful for Siobhan's harsh lessons.

Some of her Force power was directed towards controlling the pain inside her and allow her to remain functional. She felt like she was on fire, and she fed on the flame. In the same moment, an omidirectional, sustained blast of scalding flame burst from Elpsis' left hand.

Last edited:
Objective: Neutralize Ladybug Ladybug
Equipment: Raven Wing Pack, VSF Fennec, Varos Cloak, Kits Yelp Bracers, Vulpesen's Lightsaber, Shadow Fox Amulet. three EMP grenades, two frag grenades, 10 miscellaneous lightsabers, Three totems of Familiars(kath hound, Kreehawk, Acklay),

Each life that winked out of existence brought a pang of sadness and anger to the Valde. In his younger days, it might have even upset him to know that his weapons had been used to fell those brave men but he had experienced this sort of trickery before and he knew better than to fall for the sith's mind games. True the darts had been his, but the attack was hers. That truth would not escape him.

Flaring his wings, he broke down his speed and came to a landing before the sith whereupon he called his saber from his cloak into his hand. The phrik scales reflected some of the minute light from his cloak's runes, though the weapon remained unlit as the Valde spoke. "Surrender and go home a free woman. This is the best deal I will offer you. Refuse and your future surrender will end in chains." By his standards, he was being generous. He had given her a chance to walk away. A chance to leave before she regretted her decisions... it was more than he had ever seen a sith give to another. His tail flicked behind him as golden eyes blazed behind the mask, watching and waiting for her response whether it be by words or actions. It was in his nature to ask for peace. But by that same token, it was as much a part of his nature to be ready for a fight.

Around him, he could sense and hear the battle raging on, and he was well aware of the precarious position of his parlay. Even still, he trusted his men to ensure his safety from the common troop, and even as some brave or foolish sith soldier attempted to raise a blaster, he would find himself silently felled by the sniper of Vulpesen's personal guard the verpine round tearing a large hole through his torso. They had orders not to intervene with their bosses personal battles... they also had orders to ensure that none intervened on his opponent's behalf.

Vel'alari

V
VfMZmPe.png

Allies: Galactic Alliance

Sularen's strategem held great wisdom, Vel'alari thought to herself. He was right. All they needed to do was protect the Gauntlet stations and deal with enemy fighters as they came. They had the numbers and firepower to pull that off. They just needed to be patient and let the enemy throw themselves against their insurmountable bulwark.

"Dispatch Squadron Theta from the hangar bay. Let's give these Eternal Imperials a taste of true Imperial engineering.", Vel'alari said with a confident smirk. Soon enough, a squadron of fully armed and operational TIE Defenders emerged from her Secutor's hangar bay, their squadron leader's fighter coloured with the yellow markings of a veteran Imperial Fighter Ace. "Theta Leader standing by, Grand Moff.", their squadron leader said over comms to Vel'alari. "Good. Show them the power of the Empire, Theta Leader. No survivors."

Theta Squadron swiftly began carrying out Vel'alari's directive with brutally masterful efficiency. They were her finest veteran pilots equipped with her best starfighters, and it showed. They skillfully maneuveured through the dogfight raging around them, cutting down Eternal Imperial starfighters they encountered with their laser and ion cannons.

Fleet Composition:
1x Secutor-class Star Destroyer "Hand of Thrawn" = 2200m
6x Imperial II-class Star Destroyer = 9600m
15x Victory II-class Star Destroyer = 13500m
2x Immobilizer 418 Cruiser = 1200m
4x Ton Falk-class escort carrier = 2000m

All ships together = 28500m

Marlon Sularen Marlon Sularen
Tristan Evore
Dimitri Lindzinsky
Constantine Oliva Constantine Oliva
Gat Tambor Gat Tambor
Teica Giraan

Last edited by a moderator:
Wk45UHq.png

Objective: Don't fall
Allies: Eclipse Rebellion
Appearance: Purple hair tied back in a ponytail, grey eyes, basic black leather armor
Tags: Vidalu Na'an Vidalu Na'an LE-03 (Leigh) LE-03 (Leigh)
Taozi did not like it here. Not. One. Bit. The Darkness radiating from the Citadel was oppressive, almost suffocating to her. She could tell it was affecting her vode as well, as even behind the visors of their blank, black, armor their posture gave them away. They were nervous. A frown tugged at Taozi's lips as she observed them, waiting for the signal to start extracting Ghost Squadron.

Were they nervous for themselves, or for her?

She didn't have much time to ponder that thought as The Voice entered comms with her.

"One klick South-South-East. Making final preparations for extraction."

As long as no one in the Alliance distracted them, everything would go to plan. They were far enough away that the imperials shouldn't take notice of one small ship, but knowing the Empire... Well. Medical clan as Tal was, they were still Mandalorians.

A few stray Imperials would be no issue, and none the wiser to who they were attacking.

Shaka Sunstar

S

td3xnjG.png

GALACTIC ALLIANCE
BYSS CAPITAL
RIDING SOLO/DOLO
Armor | 2x Lightsaber
Engaging: Eskk Jannik

wsL0bBY.png
Unclipping the hilt from its place on his belt, he lurched forwards, a continuous and smooth transition from his slide and back to his feet while he simultaneously triggered the ignition of his lightsaber. The sapphire beam leaping forwards to stab directly into the center of the saboteur's torso.

His danger sense triggered, and needless to say, he was surprised to find that the man would risk reaching for anything in the Force.

When he leapt back, furthering the distance between them, the Thyrsian moved closely with him.

The debris that he sought to throw at him harmlessly passing through the space that he had been occupying moments ago. At the same time, the back door on the first floor opened, Alliance Marines flooding in to immediately engage with the supposed Ultranauts. From the front door, the Marine Captain followed in after the Jedi Knight with his own squad.

Reaching out with his right hand, he'd yank at Eskk Jannik legs with the Force. Intent on making the retreating hostile trip over his own feet.

"Deactivate your sabers and surrender."

Second Son

S

Wk45UHq.png

Another planet, another war. A lone masked figure approached Iasha Rha Iasha Rha , but did not look her way. Instead, the masked visage looked to Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex . He had begun. His figure turned to stand beside the Twi'lek acolyte as a red blade emerged from a saber he produced from his sleeve. A distorted voice spoke in the ancient tongue, obviously altered by the mask itself.

"Sì͉͖q̥̱s͉͎a̺̬͈͓."

The Dark side was pulled and pooled around him, bending unnaturally to the Second's will. A dark shape would form behind him, swelling in size. A Smoke Demon, of sorts. "Alert." The demon nodded and drifted away, quickly melding into the shadows around them. Their unseen guardian, watching. Waiting. Soon the enemy would come, and they would not catch the Sith unaware.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wk45UHq.png

Sitting in concentration, the once-Emperor focused all of his attention on the vault before him. It was of an immaculate design, clearly crafted by the skilled hands of master artisans. The entryway was large enough to fit an entire speeder craft and tall enough for a small scout walker to pass through without relative difficulty. A series of intricate locks prevented the vault from being accessed, warded with powerful ancient magics that the once-Emperor had only read about in the tomes of the long-deceased Sith.
If he were to unlock the vault and take its treasures for himself, he would need the utmost concentration and skill in the Dark Side of the Force. And for that to happen, he'd need no distractions.
Thus necessitating the other two to hold down their position from any would-be encroachers.
Reaching out with the Force, Carnifex studied the wards and arcane locks that prohibited his entry. In total there were ten locks of greatly ascending difficulty, each one requiring a different approach than the last. The first was by far the simplest from what he could discern, and he dealt with it without much effort. The next one was far more challenging, and it would require the once-Emperor to step back and evaluate what needed to be done.
So, in silence, he set himself to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom