Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Kit's Yelp Bracer and Dart shooter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intent: To replace Vulpesen's daggers with a weapon that hold far more ammunition and adaptability, while giving some more protection.

Development Thread: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/42359-a-song-of-bows-and-sabers-songsteel-challenge-open-but-pm-if-interested/

Manufacturer: Zorren engineers

Model: Kit's Yelp Bracer

Affiliation: Vulpesen

Modularity: Ammunition can be swapped for different purposes.

Production: Semi-Unique(Two made)

Material:
Songsteel Bracer
Durasteel darts
Various dart cores

Classification: Dart Shooting Bracer

Size: Wrist mounted

Length: 33 cm

Weight: .25 kg each

Ammunition Type: Cylinders and core holding darts

Ammunition Capacity: 25 Darts per clip belt.(Bracer holds five clip belts)

Effective Range: 150 meters

Special Features:
Darts can be changed out for different effects: Horror(Skuri Concentrate), Death(Malkite Themfar), Tazer, Explosives(Tibana gas), Paralysis and unconsciousness (Lecepanine), Pain(Devaronian Blood poison)
Dart type is affected by the core of the dart
Songsteel Bracer protects forearm while not restricting movement.
Darts are shot by magnetic devices within the bracer.
Once a clip belt is empty, it is automatically ejected

Description:
Made with a fairly sleek design, the kit's yelp bracer was made for Vulpesen to have a smaller and faster weapon with which he could still control the trajectory when necessary while also serving as a non-limiting protection for his forearm.. With this Bracer, he had his engineers create several different darts, each of which would fit into a 6.5 cm long capsule which would in turn fit into a capsule(too keep from accidental stabbings into the owner's forearm) which would fit snugly into a belt of twenty five. Each streamlined dart is made with a specialized core to fit with its function, as well as a hypodermic needle for those what inject toxins into the blood stream. Within the dart shooter mechanism is a set of positively charged magnets which create an intense force of the durasteel darts until they both tilt outward, rocketing the weapon outwards at high velocities. The weapon is fired by a flick of the hand after it is placed in non-natural formations such as placing three fingers over one another (to prevent accidental firing). Once a clip is empty, it is ejected and another is placed into the mechanism by one side, activating a magnet on the other side which brings up the other side of the clip and locks it into place.

Strengths:
Silent
Multipurpose
Pierces through armors made of thin durasteel or weaker.
Quick rate of fire.
Easily reloaded

Weaknesses:
Thicker armors can stop the dart unless made of weak materials such as leather.
Switching Ammunition types takes several seconds unless highly practice practice.(one must remove one belt and replace it with another)
With no battery to sustain it, the magnets must be recharged after every battle to ensure effectiveness in the next conflict.
Does not defend the under side of the arm.

yes... yes it is. I at first intended to make phrik, but changed my mind to songsteel at last moment. Oops. Edited phrik to songsteel.(think I got all of it.)

[member="Darth Vitium"]

[member="Vulpesen"]
Alright, you're good to go. Pending secondary.

I was a bit wary of the range, but after looking at what 150 m looked like (basically the size of a wal-mart) I'm fine with it. Just don't expect to be making extremely precise shots at that range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom