Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Housekeeping | EE Dominion of Endor / Annaj

QbfQ3vd.png

9lv2K7W.png

Still reeling in the wake of the Ssi-Ruuvi invasion, the worlds of the Unknown Regions were caught unawares by the emergence of the Melding Plague on Bursoll II. And it had nearly cost them dearly. Nearly. For, while they had been caught unawares, the Unknown Regions had demonstrated that they were not unprepared. Setting aside their differences, the Eternal Empire and their regional rivals in the Eclipse Rebellion, along with the biggest criminal syndicate within this part of the galaxy, had swiftly mobilized to deal with this existential threat to all life within the Unknown Regions and in doing so, had saved trillions of lives. But their success came at a high price.

Millions had laid down their lives fighting against the monstrous abominations. Whole regiments of soldiers and entire fleets of ships were wiped out. And as the three most influential organizations focused most of their resources on combating the plague, back at home shipping lanes and settlements had been left unprotected, allowing for unsavory sorts to move in and ply their foul trade within the eastern fringes of the Unknown Regions.

And of all the wretched scum which prey upon the unwary and the innocent, none are more vile, despicable and hated than slavers. Slavers which have now set up shop on Endor, using it as a base to ply their foul trade, lining their pockets with bloodied coin and profiting off of others’ suffering.

To those who flock to the banner of the Eclipse Rebellion, this is an offence which can not be allowed to stand. They did not rise up against the tyranny of the Eternal Empire only to allow another kind of darkness to creep up behind their backs. The course of action is, therefore, clear. The foul slave trade which has taken root on Endor, must be rooted out.

And as the Rebels mobilize to deal with the slavers, the Eternal Empire and the Black Suns, the two other powerful groups within the Unknown Regions, are taking measures of their own. The nearby planet of Annaj, once an important staging area for the Galactic Empire’s navy, had now become a staging area for pirates, slavers and other unsavory sorts. To the Eternal Empire, these foul criminals were a detriment to its national interests, disrupting shipping and affecting trade. To the Black Suns, the criminals had committed a different offense, but one just as unforgivable: they had failed to pay the Hutt overlords their cut.

For a time, while the eyes of the local powers were turned elsewhere, rotten scavengers had been able to thrive. Now, however, as the Eternal Empire, along with everyone else staking a claim over the Unknown Regions, had dealt with their more pressing problems, their attention now turned towards the rot infesting the eastern fringes. And if there was one thing these rival groups could agree on, it was that the worlds of the Sanctuary Pipeline were long overdue for a bit of housekeeping.

9lv2K7W.png

Objectives:
7Z1XRzs.png
A large organization of slavers has set up shop on Endor. Calling themselves the Consortium, these vile criminals are using the planet as a base of operations, preying on the planet’s natives as well as ships travelling through the region and the smaller, less protected settlements of nearby worlds.

In order to put an end to their foul operations, this base must be destroyed. And for the Eclipse Rebellion, this also presents an opportunity. As far as the Eternal Empire is concerned, Endor is a backwater barely worth keeping on the navigation maps, making this remote planet a prime candidate for the establishment of a rebel base over the ruins of the slavers’ own, away from the prying eyes of the Eternal Empire’s military.

UMrgMFP.png
Annaj has become a port of call for pirates, smugglers, slave traders and other unsavory sorts, their foul trade disrupting shipping along the all-too-important Sanctuary Pipeline. In order to preserve the Eternal Empire’s national interests and send a clear message to those who thought that the Melding Plague had left the Kalidani regime weakened and unable to enforce its policies, this vital hyperlane must be secured and the rats infesting the planet of Annaj must be dealt with, swiftly and without mercy. The Unknown Regions must be made to understand that Imperial law is absolute and nothing is beyond its reach.

Objective 3: BYOO

9lv2K7W.png

Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo || Adelle Bastiel Adelle Bastiel || Alondra Lareina Alondra Lareina || Alwine Daye Alwine Daye || Alyva Terrix Alyva Terrix || Anton Delane Anton Delane || Arturo Braga Arturo Braga || @Azazel || Bachus Bachus || Carter Tymon Carter Tymon || Centiro Centiro || Cero Pax Cero Pax || @Charlotte Knyte || Darth Aion Darth Aion || Ecthelion Aiglos || Eirene Eirene || Eryn Eryn || Fimrati Vailyippin Fimrati Vailyippin || Formorta Formorta || Goonch Bagarius Yarrelli Goonch Bagarius Yarrelli || Ilsa Visel Ilsa Visel || Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim || Jardann Lancus Jardann Lancus || Juggernaut Juggernaut || Kainan Wolfe Kainan Wolfe || Kalic Daws Kalic Daws || Karma Jayne Karma Jayne || Kerstan Blackmoore || Khorde Drago Khorde Drago || Lanebsa || Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun || Lorelai Ventira Lorelai Ventira || Lyla Quinn Lyla Quinn || Malicar Malicar || Mythos Mythos || Nekana Quane || Nerulic Nerulic || RadioWhisper RadioWhisper || Ranik Delmont Ranik Delmont || Rath Exigo Rath Exigo || Shandria Navin Shandria Navin || Taozi Fuyuan Taozi Fuyuan || Tela Uolmi || Tiberius Bayne Tiberius Bayne || Vidalu Na'an Vidalu Na'an || Viktor Goetz Viktor Goetz || Tsavong Kraal Tsavong Kraal || Vyra Silara Vyra Silara || Will Westender Will Westender || Wulf Orlock Wulf Orlock || Xiomar Ren Xiomar Ren || Mitth'rae'leios Mitth'rae'leios || Broka the Hutt Broka the Hutt || Karisa Karisa || @Servelus Zambrano || @Kai’el || Kaine Kaine Hamilton || @Sabella de Vreis || Race Tolsen Race Tolsen || @Miles Morrow || Rumi Dag Rumi Dag || Corran Conner Corran Conner || Saabossi Saabossi || Gerhard Manndorf Gerhard Manndorf || Kyle Raymus Kyle Raymus || VanceCaydence VanceCaydence || Edward Ashcard Edward Ashcard || Galdaart Galdaart || Lord Malleus Lord Malleus || Rhaego Charon || Gortta Desilijic Tiure Gortta Desilijic Tiure || @Roman Calypso || Lora Vekarr Lora Vekarr || @Tamacti Khan || @Neferisia || Krae Krae || Shavara Shavara || Domo Domo || Innas Paurs Innas Paurs || Salij-Nekt Salij-Nekt || Rothamir Rothamir || Eliana Shan Eliana Shan || Curtis Learchin Curtis Learchin || Sterling Kinslayer Sterling Kinslayer || Saga Linzino Saga Linzino || 1st Lt. Garrek Kanos 1st Lt. Garrek Kanos
Links:
9lv2K7W.png

UMrgMFP.png

dRUm20K.png

Post #1
Attn:
OPEN
When the cat is away, the rats come out to play... That age-old saying, uttered around the galaxy since time immemorial, had never been more appropriate than it was now. While Imperial soldiers were dying by the hundreds of thousands to put an end to the greatest threat the Unknown Regions had faced in recent memory, a threat to the very existence of sentient life in the galaxy, others had been busy lining their pockets, trying to squeeze a profit out of the apocalypse which hung so heavily upon this part of the galaxy.

Parasites. Leeches gorging themselves off the blood of society and yet another example of everything that was wrong and rotten in the galaxy. As far as the Reaper of Lorrd was concerned, this was yet another argument proving that the Empire, his Empire, was right. While the Eternal Empire's attention was diverted towards the horror on Bursoll, the foulest scum of the galaxy had run amok in the Unknown Regions. Now, it was time for them to pay the Reaper's due...

Above Annaj, space warped and heaved, as if some cosmic monstrosity was trying to claw its way through the very fabric of reality. Ships emerged from hyperspace, triangular ships, their menacing grey hulls studded with weapons, spewing shrieking fighters and howling dropships as they took positions in orbit around the planet. The local government's defenses were simply brushed aside, boarded and disabled, those who did not immediately surrender being destroyed without mercy or hesitation. The Eternal Empire had come to Annaj and it meant to restore order, with or without the locals' consent.

As the Imperial blockade closed around the planet like an iron fist, the armored form of the silver-haired Sith Lord was, as always, the first to stomp his boots down on the muddy, humid surface of the remote world. Surrounded by his Wolfguards and his entourage of military leaders and officials, he simply trekked across the short span of open courtyard and up the stairs leading towards the headquarters of the local planetary government, which he swiftly proceeded to take over, unceremoniously kicking the previous rulers out in the mud, as if they were never even there.

The Imperials were quick to cut down the local government's flags and hoist their own upon the plain, cubical building that served as the planet's center of power. A message, perhaps, that Annaj was now under new management, a sign of things to come. He had brought his Empire to Annaj to clean up the streets, to sweep away all the rabble and the living garbage and make the Sanctuary Pipeline secure for shipping once again. And for those who had made this mess in the first place, there would be no mercy. Even as the first patrols were preparing to set out into the city, crosses were already being set up in the capital city's main square, silently waiting to be draped over with bodies.

dRUm20K.png

Lorda of Nem'ro and Hutt Republic Supreme Mogul
UMrgMFP.png

Just as the Imperial ships of the Eternal Emperor's fleet began to loom over the planet of Annaj, Broka was on the surface conducting "business". Him, and his fellow Hutts, had their stubby, fat fingers in almost every criminal organization in the galaxy. These operations were far flung; yes. However, they still had to pay their tribute to the hand that fed their organizations. These criminals of Annaj have not done so. Instead, they separated from the Hutts. Such a move was a terrible mistake. A fatal mistake. These lesser organizations had dealings with the Hutt slave trade. The chaos of the Unkown Regions made a perfect harvesting grounds for slaves. However, any crime lord that had a share in the flow of credits on Annaj would be smart enough to pack up shop before the Imperials came eventually.

Just before the Imperial blitz took the planet by storm, Broka sat in an ostentatious "palace" that belonged to the leading representative of his clan's operations on the planet. All members were in the meeting hall of the "palace" (which was nothing more than a larger and more luxurious form of the shanty-town structures that dotted the landscape of the settlement), and were meeting the boss to their boss, Broka the Hutt.

"<The slaving operations have gone well here for sure. Too well for the minuscule dues that have been sent to me. Too successful for me to notice that suspiciously, the share that was promised to me, your employer, has not arrived in recent time. The Empire that has been rising in the nearby region has certainly not deducted profits from this planet's operations since before the rising of it. This has outraged me for too long than I am willing to tolerate. You have all forgotten what your purposes were. You were all hired by my clan's organization on this planet to provide for my clan. You would have gotten your cut even if you sent the dues to me. What can possibly be the excuse for this aside from brazen treachery?>"

Broka had a stoic appearance, but inside he was both outraged and disappointed. He invested many credits into this operation, and for the people here to not do their part for him was outrageous, and had to have been met with consequences. He then slurped an eel from the liquid filled bowl next to his seat while the leading officer in this organization approached the colossal Hutt to grovel for forgiveness. All the while, Broka's directly commanded soldiers surrounded all the members of this lesser organization; the symbol of the Nem'ro Clan on the right shoulder, and the symbol of Black Sun on the left shoulder.

"Oh great and mighty Broka. I would never betray you. This world is filled to the brim with pirates. We aren't the only organization here. Some small time pirates kept intercepting our shipments to you. There is no sense of betrayal here whatsoever my lord Broka. We understand our purpose clearly. We know we are to serve you."

The man was on his knees before Broka. The look of desperation on his face. Broka has lived for centuries, and knows that is the desperation of self preservation, not a desperation for forgiveness. This man was practiced though. His act was convincing to one untrained in such things. Broka also already made up his mind as to what to do to this lesser gang under him. The gathering of every member would have raised concern to any intelligent and capable gang. All the more reason they are a loose end that needed to be tied up. Broka slurped another live eel when the man finished.

"<The fact you could not handle small time pirates on your own home world is astonishing to me. When I hired you to work for me, you were more than capable of leading an operation with such neighbors. Small time pirates should not have stopped you from sending messages if I looked at your correct records when I hired you to lead the operation here. It is plainly obvious you are lying to me. I have no tolerance for trechery. The only reason I came to this planet was see you die in front of me you worm.>"

Broka then waved his flabby hand. The lesser gangsters stood there, in the center of the open room, in horror. Then, in less than a second after the gesture from their boss, Broka's soldiers opened fire on the lesser gang. Broka continued to eat the live eels one by one as the massacre ensued. He planned on making this operation more cooperative to imperial rule of the planet so his organization can lead affairs after it was eventually conquered. However, this gang that was simply a vassal to his greater organization, became too much of a liability for Broka to give any clemency to. The investment in the slave trade on this planet proved useless in the end. It was working well at first, but then it seemed these gangsters got too confident with their isolation. They have now paid the price for biting the hand that fed them.

However, right as the massacre ended, and Broka was just at the landing strip to where the landing craft to his ship was on the ground, the Imperial fleet under Emperor Tacitus came in, and loomed over the planet. The invasion was just as Broka predicted. The local criminals never stood a chance against a professional military. By the time the Imperials finished their invasion of the planet, Broka reached his flagship to watch the show. His timing could have not been more belated. Another private banquet was wheeled over to his throne and he listened in to the Imperial communications. After the invasion was complete, he can do typical diplomacy with the Emperor, or one of his underlings, and have his forces swoop down to become the next organization of the planet. A planet that is traditionally run by criminals works best when there is some presence of criminal organization. Broka now plans to use the military occupation to enforce a monopoly on his enterprise. Once he gets an audience with the person who leads the present fleet.

Kainan Wolfe Kainan Wolfe

Objective: 1.

Slavers. Lori hated them. Such hatred ran in their family as her Mom Kay spent a lot of her early politician years disrupting the slave trade in Hutt territory. And her Dad had helped in some of those efforts. So liberation of the oppressed was in her blood. That was what helped to spurn her in the direction which now pointed towards Endor.

Enroute in hyperspace, Lori sat in the cockpit of Jaster's Sparrow in her chair while Arla took the helm, keeping an eye on their sensors. "Think we'll get a free pass with the EE after what we did for them on Bursoll II?"

"Doubtful. If anything our only pass was in not being arrested before leaving the system. After tha we're fair game. They know this ship and they know the two of us."

"Yeah but they don't know about Curtis or Minna." Both Curtis Learchin Curtis Learchin and Minna Balin Minna Balin were also part of her crew, when duty didn't call them elsewhere that is. "Nor do they know about the other Rebels."

"I'm sure that they have some idea..."

Lori nodded a little in agreement. Yet the way that she figured it, if she was needed to be a decoy so that the other Rebels could work in secret, then she'd do so. She'd be proud to do it.

"So what's your plan for this slave ring?"

"I don't know yet. But I'll think of something soon enough."

"Better think fast. We're almost there."

Ingrid L’lerim
The Red Witch; Emperor's right hand; Director of Blackwatch; Baroness of Vengard
UMrgMFP.png
Objective: The Rats of Annaj
Equipment: Assassin armor with this look | sniper rifle | Black blade lightsaber | Red blade lightsaber shoto | 2x vibroblades | Stealth field generator
Tag: Kainan Wolfe Kainan Wolfe | Broka the Hutt Broka the Hutt | Open
dRUm20K.png

Pirates, smugglers, slave traders, they were familiar to Ingrid. She, before she returned to the Eternal Empire from the CIS worked with many criminals to get important information. Thanks to that she has known well their kind. They were sometimes helpful and it was good to work with them, but not this time. This time she arrived in a completely different role, she hadn't been a simple agent for a long time. The Melding Plague was suppressed under her control, and she had been the Right Hand of the Emperor for some time. Thanks to Bursoll, she has finally grown to her role.

She perfectly knows many will die today, the rats, the scum of the Galaxy and the Unknown Region. Ingrid never felt sorry for such figures, but since she uses the dark side of the Force, not even as much as before. They had to retaliate for what had happened, she agreed perfectly with that with her Emperor. That is why she joined him and did not stay in the capital. As a good “bodyguard”, agent and assassin she was here before the Emperor landed on the planet. She secured the area. Perfectly knows, her master and Emperor can protect himself, but she was perfectionist. She left no chance of error.

When Kainan Wolfe Kainan Wolfe arrived she deactivated her holo projector and came out from her hide-out. She stopped a few meters from her Emperor and saluted in the usual Nelvaanian way. After the salutation she picked up the most comfortable position. She stands in a small straddle, and she clasps her hands under his back again as usual.

<"My Lord!”> she said.<”Our immediate area is secured. The scout company began to search for secret hiding places. Everything is under our control my lord. I ordered the ships, if someone wants to leave the city, or the planet without your, or mine permission. They can be shot them from the sky without a call.”>

wUV8259.png

nBtOGGm.gif

Last edited:
Still going, despite everything.
UMrgMFP.png

Swooping in low, the four dropships kept formation as they approached the port, the pilots doing an admirable job of avoiding the rooftops as they raced by, a blur in Arturo's peripherals. Armed and armored, the mercenary was the mirror image of his comrades. Twenty in all, they each looked the part as the dropships began to level out, drawing to a halt midair as they arrived at their destination. Descending, the mercenaries watched as the Industrial Sector of Annaj swept into view, luminescent lights guiding them into land as a world of durasteel and duracrete rose to meet them. Containers and crates formed mountains and gorges, and milling about in between them, minuscule by comparison, the local populace.

Smugglers, pirates, thugs and dock workers, innocents and outlaws. Arturo couldn't help but smile as his crew disembarked, keeping their weapons stowed as they grouped up on the landing pad, waiting, watching as a man in overalls strode out of a nearby shack to meet them. Cutting the man off, Arturo raised a lone eyebrow as the man muttered a terse greeting. "'Bout time you lot showed up! Altug promised reinforcements would be 'ere half an hour ago. What kept ya? Traffic?" Smiling, Arturo nodded as his comrades -comprised mostly of Black Suns and contractors from the Guild- began to disperse, filing out into the alleys and corridors about the port, down to business in the time it took to blink. "Something like that. You Reinhardt?" The man grunted as he tapped away at his PDA, typing out a message of sorts that Arturo couldn't quite decipher as he hit the send button.

"Aye, that's me. I Lead Fenn's Teeth, the biggest, baddest pirate gang to ever grace this dump, and you'd best remember that if you know what's good for ya." Sliding his PDA into one pocket, Reinhardt proceeded to do his best impression of a Fyrnock, baring his yellowed teeth menacingly. The mercenary didn't have the heart to tell him it fell flat. "Let Altug know that the next time y' see 'im. If it wasn' for us being so merciful, we woulda pushed 'im outta here a long time ago." Unphased, Arturo swept his gaze across the port, noting as he did the amount of civilians that had begun to slip away, leaving only the pirates and his own crew behind. Across from them, two more dropships had begun to descend on an adjacent landing pad. Arturo knew they were packed with his fellow mercenaries. He also knew that both ships carried crates full of extra ordinance, complements of the Eternal Empire and Broka the Hutt Broka the Hutt . "More reinforcements," he said, dragging Reinhardt's attention away for a moment as the second group landed. "Have you called for a meeting between the gangs yet?" The question hung between them as Arturo gestured for the gang leader to walk with him, a dozen Black Suns falling into step behind.

"Aye, I have, though, I doubt it'll do much good, what with the kingpins all up in that palace. Besides, those Empire lackeys will be kicking down doors soon enough, an' gettin' the gangs to work together is difficult enough at the best of times." Arturo nodded, the ghost of sympathy creeping into his voice. "Yeah, I know. But like Altug said in his message, the only chance we have of keeping these guys off our turf is to join forces. For the time being, at least." Grumbling, uttering the words 'our turf?' under his breath, Reinhardt led the group onwards as they left the port, turning down an alley. "Whatever the case, I got in touch with the other bosses, and they've all agreed to a meet. Once they've wrapped up affairs at the palace, they'll be down here to meet us. Most of their boys 'ave already settled in at the market square. Should all be there now, waitin' on us." He grunted, finding something funny in his thoughts. "Altug never was punctual. Makes sense you boys and girls were late." Casting a glance over his shoulder, Arturo raised an eyebrow, questioningly. Got that? Comforted by the nods and the presence of perhaps two dozen Suns, maybe more, Arturo turned back around. Even now more groups like his were sweeping through the city, all heading for the Industrial Sector's market square where the gangs were massing.

Walking alongside Reinhardt, Arturo did well to keep the smile from his face. The gangs had no clue of the viper in their midst. It would be a massacre.

Kainan Wolfe Kainan Wolfe Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim

UMrgMFP.png

dRUm20K.png

Post #2
Attn:
Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim || Broka the Hutt Broka the Hutt || Arturo Braga Arturo Braga || OPEN​

The Emperor listened to his apprentice's report, a short nod being his only response, a sign that he was pleased with how she handled things. There was no need for fancy words of praise and empty, meaningless banter. The Red Witch had proven herself a capable and trustworthy leader in the crucible of Bursoll II. It was time. His eyes scanned the room before giving voice to his commands, taking note of everyone who was present.

First, Imperial business. He turned to one of the officers to deliver his orders. "<I want every media outlet, every press organization under our control and blasting Imperial propaganda around the clock,>" he said, pausing for a moment to read some information on his datapad. "<This planet is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. There are too many gambling dens, too many dancing houses and far too many spice halls on this world. Shut it all down, every wretched den of depravity, every degenerate establishment engaging in the foul business of moral decay. And begin deploying patrols throughout the planet's settlements. I want the streets swept clean of all the living trash that infests this planet, you have my approval to use any and all means you deem necessary,>" the Emperor instructed, prompting the officer to salute and leave the room to see that the orders were carried out.

Throughout the shantytown outside, the Imperial forces soon began their operation, concurrently with other settlements. Convoys of heavy armor, tanks and APCs, platoons of Ultranauts streamed into the capital, while dropships and fighters howled overhead, loudspeakers blasting messages of warning in both High Nelvaanian and Galactic Basic.

"This planet is now under the jurisdiction of the Eternal Empire. Martial law is now in effect. Refusal to comply with the directives of Imperial military personnel, shall result in immediate and harsh punishment."

The dreaded howls of Jericho trumpets filled the sky as small, sleek spacecraft plummeted down from the cloudy canopy, bringing death from above. Imperial dive bombers, loaded with munitions. The city shook as multiple explosions flattened several buildings even as the strike craft leveled out and began their climb back into the clouds. The Empire had called down airstrikes to deal with some of the more fortified pirate bases. The Ultranauts on the ground showed a similar lack of mercy, giving no quarters to any opposition they encountered. Blasterfights soon erupted throughout the city and Imperial forces began to converge upon the starport.

Back at the former government headquarters, the Eternal Emperor watched his orders being carried out in silence, taking some notes on his datapad before turning his attention back to his entourage.

"<Everyone who is not a Warden of the Shroud, clear the room,>" he commanded, his tone making it clear that there was to be no discussion about this. He stood silently, watching as his orders were carried out, until only a handful of people remained, all wearing the white robes and masks of the Order. "<Initiate L'lerim,>" the Emperor called, a hard, solemn look in his eyes. "<At Bursoll II, you have demonstrated discipline, skill and capability to go above and beyond, to step into the role required of you and do what must be done. Normally, an Initiate is required to pass a Trial of Shrouds before ascending, however your actions on Bursoll II will serve in that regard.>"

"<As your master and the one who inducted you into our Order, I hereby deem you ready to be counted as a full-fledged member of our ranks, a peer amongst peers. Initiate L'lerim, step forward and kneel. For the last time in your life, kneel,>"
he commanded.

dRUm20K.png

Ingrid L’lerim
The Red Witch; Emperor's right hand; Director of Blackwatch; Baroness of Vengard
UMrgMFP.png
Equipment: Assassin armor with this look | sniper rifle | Black blade lightsaber | Red blade lightsaber shoto | 2x vibroblades | Stealth field generator
Tag: Kainan Wolfe Kainan Wolfe | Broka the Hutt Broka the Hutt | Arturo Braga Arturo Braga | Open
dRUm20K.png

She already knew the Emperor's answer from the man's movements, it didn't take words, the answer was clear. She nodded back briefly, maybe it was hard for her to start in her position, didn’t find her place, giving orders were strange. But that was the past, now everything went smoothly. While the Emperor spoke, Ingrid continued to wait in a military position, motionless. Though she watched the exits with her eyes, so that no one might surprise them, in vain it was a “safe-house”, and she was who secured it.

When she learned that the Emperor would also come to the Annaj, then she inquired what he was bringing with him. So now she knows all the imperial forces here. After the Emperor gave the orders to everyone else, except her, Ingrid would have already asked what she should do, when the Emperor addressed her. The accost surprised her. Initiate L’lerim. She didn’t even remember when the Emperor called her like this. Something was wrong, why only the Wardens remain? What did he plan at the beginning of the operation?

After the Emperor’s words she already knows, he wants her promoted. She didn’t feel ready to become a knight. Because she didn't feel too formal to wear a helm right now, she took it off her head and placed it on the table. She wants to say, they both know that was not her last kneel. Tacitus was her Emperor, and she was only just a baroness. She will have to kneel before her ruler countless times until her life will end. Knowing the knowledge of her master, all this is conceivable even after her death.

<”Yes, my Lord!”> she said.

Deja vu. Last time when he commanded this and Ingrid kneels before him, Tacitus's experiment found her, and revealed her secret force-sensitive. After that day she became his apprentice and a baroness. Later she became the Hand of the Emperor, and the second person of the Empire. After the Emperor married the Empress, she became the third person. They were long years, although she was ambitious, the career she ran into went far beyond her imagination and now she even becomes a knight too.

Ingrid stepped wordlessly closer to the Emperor and knelt in front of him. After that she bowed her head. Maybe she felt she was not ready, but deep inside her soul, she knows she is, and Tacitus also knew exactly this, so he took this step, at least Ingrid thought so…

wUV8259.png

nBtOGGm.gif

7Z1XRzs.png

Some said slavery was one of the oldest industries in the galaxy. Those people were right. Curtis had witnessed more than enough of it, between Dathomir and the entire Sith Empire, too much of the galaxy was afflicted with its foul stench. It was time for the Rebellion to get to work.

Since Minna Balin Minna Balin had joined himself and Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun , Curtis had been a bit more cautious than normal. Not that he was too worried about what she thought, but the larger the crew, the more eyes on them. He moved through the ship with a steadfast persona, feeling the vibration of hyperspace rock the Sparrow. Appearing at the door of the cockpit, he poked his head in with a wink and a smile, just as Lori and Arla finished talking.

"Whatever the plan, I got your back" Curtis said, a sudden surge of anger buzzing through him, "As long as we put a stop to that damned slavery ring".

Still going, despite everything.
UMrgMFP.png

"They're late. Th' crews are gettin' restless. You see that too, right?" Reinhardt said, glancing about him, suddenly tense. "All these bodies, all these blasters, ain't nothin' good cooking here, mark my words." Shaking his head, the gang leader of Fenn's Teeth shot Arturo an anxious glance, shifting uncomfortably, a hand resting lazily on the blaster at his waist. "Who's idea was this anyway? Altug? He should've known better. Ain't none of these gangs gon' work together, not with the damned Eternal Empire loomin'. Best to just scatter, get gon' while the goin's good, know what I mean?" Catching Arturo's gaze, the gang leader turned to survey the market square where the capital's respective gangs had gathered, frowning at the sheer numbers that had gathered around them, a rolling sea of crooks and criminals, all seeking to answer the same questions.

"Give it a few more minutes." Arturo said, calm, stoic in the face of the growing unease that had begun to spread like wildfire through the criminal ranks. From his position on the North Side of the market square, he could well see the gathering as it continued to swell, latecomers strolling in from alleys and streets that broke up the buildings on all sides. A few hundred of the city's most dangerous had replied to the call Reinhardt had sent out, leaving their territory in Annaj's other districts to attend the meet. Most had come with muscle and a varying array of hangers-on in a show of strength, curiosity and, perhaps, fear of the Empire driving them to put aside past rivalries in order to face a new threat that had dropped out of hyperspace some hours ago. Amongst the gathering were a number of the local underworlds most influential men, barring the kingpins who'd gone to meet with Broka the Hutt Broka the Hutt before they were able to fully grasp the severity of their situation.

It was those men Arturo and his comrades had been sent to deal with. Their job was to soften up the opposition for the Empire, and to put an end to the inevitable power vacuum that would come in the wake of the Kingpins' demise. Turning, Arturo feigned deafness as his earpiece crackled. "East Side here. We're in position and ready. Waiting on you." A moment later, his earpiece crackled again, a second husky voice gracing his hearing. "North East, ready and raring to rumble." Smiling, Arturo turned back, the fire that burned low behind his eyes ready to blaze. Putting a hand to his ear, Arturo took a step back, going unnoticed by Reinhardt as the gangster berated one of his men, his voice loud, ready to break as tensions continued to soar, mutual distrust like a parasite, highly infectious, deadly. Arturo took a breath, then gave the signal.

"Take it away, North East."

As if on cue, the low murmur of voices was suddenly shattered by the deafening report of blasterfire, the uneasy peace of seconds before broken irrevocably. "What the hell?!" Reinhardt shouted, his voice barely perceptible above the growing din. Wheeling about, he failed to notice as Arturo drew his KC-77N, the Hybrid Pistol aimed at the back of his head. Understanding evaded the gang leader. A small mercy, Arturo thought, pulling the trigger, cold eyes unflinching as the gang leader crumpled. A nearby gangster turned, wide-eyed, shock registering on his face. He met with the same fate, his lifeless body dropping to join Reinhardt's as the rest of Arturo's Suns opened fire, adding to the chorus that resounded about the square, the screams of dying pirates ear-piercingly loud.

What followed was nothing short of a slaughter. Caught in a crossfire, pressed tightly together, the pirates didn't stand a chance as the air came alive with bolts. Black Suns and contractors who'd sought elevated positions fired down into the hapless thugs, their lines of sight unimpeded, the element of surprise as lethal as the blasters with which the mercenaries sowed death. Men and women died screaming, shouts for mercy falling on deaf ears. Repeaters tore into tight clumps of pirates, tearing them asunder, taking air from lungs and life from bodies in equal measure. Panic spread, rival gangs turning on each other, unable to make sense of the chaos that had turned their world upside down. Pirates killed slavers, slavers killed thugs, professional criminals forsook their oaths of loyalty and ran. Few made it. Few deserved to.

When all was said and done, not a soul stirred in the market square. Sweeping a vacant gaze over the scene laid before him, Arturo took a moment to clear his throat before turning to regard the nearest mercenary, a twi'lek male. The man was pale faced, his lekku twitching sporadically as the weight of what they'd just done finally settled on his shoulders, the eery sight no doubt being committed to memory and the countless nightmares to come. Snapping the man out of his reverie, Arturo led him off to one side, taking a breath to steady his own nerves. "Relay a message to HQ. Tell them that the sector is now secure and ready to be swept for any stragglers that might've gone to ground. Tell them that friendly forces now control the port, and are ready to provide further assistance should they deem it necessary. Oh, and let the Hutt know, too. It was his idea, after all." Or at least that's what we'll tell the higher-ups should they start asking questions.

Patting the man on the back, Arturo turned away, walking back to square where his men had already begun to loot the dead and the ruined stalls where merchants had hawked stolen goods. Watching, the mercenary told himself that the carnage laid before him was necessary, almost believing it as he stooped to loot Reinhardt's pockets.

Kainan Wolfe Kainan Wolfe Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim

Last edited:
OBJECTIVE 3: BYOO
A Noble’s Return

dRUm20K.png
For months, Malicar stayed out of the limelight, concentrating on building his business. Karisa had begun pulling away as soon as they returned to Nar Shaddaa. In the end, they were two different souls in which opposites attract only could last for so long. Malicar’s manipulations, webs of lies, uses of violence, and long hours were simply too much for the Sabosen noble. The crimelord even stepped down from his position of Underlord Eshro, no longer dealing in the day to day of the massive criminal organization, but in the end, the two of them were too far apart to make it work. Karisa returned to the Chiss Ascendancy and they had not seen each other since.

An unexpected fringe benefit that Malicar did not anticipate was that as a result of his stepping away from Black Sun, the new powers that be from the Chiss Ascendancy granted him a repeal, with Malicar no longer carrying the status of “exile”. While Malicar had little desire to become embroiled in Chiss politics once again, it meant that Interstellar Shipping could operate out of the Chiss Ascendancy openly now, as opposed to under a veil of secrecy.

While Black Sun was to ensure cooperation among the more seedy elements of Annaj, Malicar took a different route—he wanted to ensure that Interstellar Shipping had no competition. It did not matter that the Chiss did not have the full weight of Black Sun with him. At this point, the Chiss took those most loyal to him and wrapped them into Interstellar Shipping Security Group (ISSG). In short, it was Interstellar Shippings own small private army that ran security for the interests of Interstellar Shipping. With Malicar now getting back into the production of wheeled vehicles, speeders, starships, and capital ships, which was a fiercely competitive market, he would take no chances on having upstarts hinder his profit margins…

The Dark Remnant broke through the clouds and soared down to the landing platform in Annaj City, where Malicar planned on establishing a distribution center for Interstellar Shipping. Stepping down the loading ramp, he was greeted by one of the Annaj diplomats. Framm was the name of this older human. His steely eyes met Malicar’s and inquired, “What sort of impact is the Eternal Empire’s dominion over this peaceful planet going to have over commerce?”

The Chiss gave a wry style, “Straight to the point…so be it. Shall we walk?”

Last edited:
The Imperial communications were constantly spewing propaganda. The Imperials were extremely unforgiving for the efforts of business that took place here. Broka understood the threat that the Empire might hold for his operations. It was good that any loose ends were tied up at the previous massacre. The grovelling worm of an Underboss bored Broka.

When the invasion eventually finished, Broka then sent a message to the Imperial communications.

"<I am Broka the Hutt. I have been a financial ally to the Eternal Empire through the Black Sun organization. I request permission to land given that the traffic of spacecraft has been restricted.>"

Broka was unconcerned of the whether or not the communications workers were able to speak Huttese due to the language's common nature in the galaxy. All he could do is wait. He must comply if he was to get the permission of the Emperor to operate his business here after all this ends.

Kainan Wolfe Kainan Wolfe Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim

7Z1XRzs.png

The only good part of this mission was that it was easy to set up. Leigh tapped a few buttons on the ship controls, sending it into a hover, then checked the comms. Imperial shuttle comms were remarkably thorough; it had taken her the better part of an hour to ensure that any routing dampeners she installed would not draw notice from the forces on the planet below.

When the Empire's eye had fallen on Annaj and Endor, declaring their intent to clear the system of slavers in their leader's name, the opportunity was immediate and obvious. If the Empire already wished to clear out the slavers, they would not question her human's interest in joining the mission. In fact, they had supplied her with a small troop transport, munitions, and full access to their intelligence on the slaver base as soon as she had enlisted. The clearance had even come without so much as a peep from the Empress. The understanding was that she was there as an agent of the Empire, and that she would report to the Emperor directly as soon as the base was clear of slavers, ready to raise the flag.

This restriction, however, only held to the human. There was no reason to order a little-regarded battle chassis to limit herself from outside communications, or from using Imperial intelligence for outside purposes. Access to the slaver network from here would allow the Eclipse a unique opportunity not just here, but across the entire sector. And a rural moon like Endor, with a history of brutal occupation, a native species dead-set on maintaining their independence, and ready access to the central tradeways of the Unknown Regions?

It would have been illogical NOT to act, even if innocent lives were not at stake.

The comms were clearly demarcated--red for Imperial, green for Eclipse. She tested the switcher one last time, then modulated her vocal controls before opening the Eclipse channel. It was time for the Voice of Abbaji to act.

<<Arenais, we are in position and going in. Contact must be limited, but watch out for friendly fire--we are flying Imperial colors today. Sar Vun, stay cloaked until you receive the all-clear to enter the facility. Our goal is to eliminate the slavers quickly and with minimal damage to the superstructure. Any communication centers must be undamaged until Sar Vun is inside.>>

The droid turned and shot a pointed look into the main belly of the ship. "That means you."

Last edited:
Wanderer Lost, Wanderer Found
7Z1XRzs.png

"Hey, have you seen me? I'm barely armed for this mission."

Na'an had been half-hanging out of the transport's belly for the last ten minutes, letting the forest air ruffle her hair. These days, she almost never got to leave the palace either without Imperial accompaniment or wearing an Imperial helmet. The breeze on her face, cool and earthy-smelling, was wonderfully refreshing. No wonder the Ewoks always fought so hard against outside occupation, even if the occupation amounted to little more than a single base.

A single base of slavers. Slavers keeping people in cages, sending them...who knows where. And based on what the reports had shown...Na'an's expression cooled, her hand at a lump on the back of her neck. The transport had stopped within spitting distance of the compound, so pulled herself back into the transport for one last debrief with Leigh, checking her weapons. The CR-1 blast cannon strapped to her back was a ready weight, along with the spare energy cells at her belt. The lesser weight, but no less present, was the mag-sheath hidden in the small of her back, just under her uniform. Na'an palmed it as she ducked her head into the cockpit, the feel of it a friendly pulse under her fingertips. She wasn't planning on using it--not in the state she was in, and certainly not without a disguise--but it had become a comfort just knowing it was there.

"I'm not going to promise I won't pick up some shabuir's thermals and start blowing stuff up, but I think you know I'm taking this seriously," she said.

Leigh looked up at her for a moment, that projected face the picture of perfect calm. There was always something so damned grounding about that look, Na'an knew--it was the face of someone who kept her cards close, knew the ins and outs of every situation, analyzed every angle before even thinking of sending someone into danger. Leigh had taken months to create the Eclipse out of nothing, even before Na'an had even been told what was going on, because Leigh knew Na'an trusted her implicitly.

If this was where Leigh trusted Na'an to be...then damned if any of these slavers would leave the building below alive.

She leaned in and pressed her forehead to the droid's dome, only for a second. "Keep the engine warm for us. I'll call if we need backup."

With that, she turned on her heel back into the transport's belly. A few steps carried her to the opening, and a small hop carried her out of it into a nearby stand of trees. The foliage was sparse enough for her to make her way through to the other side, but thick enough to hide the ship from the compound's guards. They wouldn't expect her coming from this angle...she crouched on the branch, breathing the Force into her legs, feeling the muscles coiling in them. She held her breath for three...two...

One.

She Leaped, her arc high and fast, whipping the blast cannon into her arms as she came into view of the first guard. He barely had time to react to the sight of a human-shaped projectile catapaulting over the wall before her boot connected with his neck with a crack. The other guard didn't seem to know what to make of the situation, either; he watched the limp body of his partner fall into the compound with a numb look. He still seemed to be deciding whether to call for help or open fire when Na'an turned and aimed the blast cannon.

"Hey there," she said, and fired.

Last edited:

The Sith Lord nodded, satisfied with his apprentice's immediate compliance with his orders. She held herself and behaved every bit as the model imperial citizen she was required to be. And in doing so, she proved she could handle the greater responsibility that lay ahead.

The other Wardens gathered around in a circle around the two, standing solemnly at attention as the Eternal Emperor administered his apprentice the oath, the ceremony which marked an Initiate of the Order's ascension into the ranks of knights, a prestigious and influential position, but one which came with its own set of duties and weights which must be carried. The Emperor spoke with a clear, hard voice.

"<Uphold the principles of our Order and all that for which we stand. Never share our secrets, or reveal the true nature of our work. Do so until death, whatever the cost. That is your oath,>" he said, raising his hand and delivering a back-handed slap across her face. "<And this is so you will remember it.>"

"<Rise, Knight Warden. Defender of the galaxy, enemy of disorder, sword and shield of the Order, the first and last line of defense against the end of all living things. Rise and be counted amongst your peers,>"
the Emperor proclaimed. "<You may now wear the white robes of the Wardens, take an apprentice of your own and learn the secrets of our Order.>"

With that, the other Wardens saluted, fist-over-heart in Imperial style.

"<I imagine you have many questions,>" the Emperor said. "<All will be made clear in the coming days. But first, let us deal with the situation here on Annaj.>"

9lv2K7W.png

It did not take long for someone to answer the Hutt's request. Before long, a message came through, speaking with a clear voice in the harsh language of the Imperials, High Nelvaanian.

"<Landing clearance granted. You have been assigned access to landing platform five-dash-delta. The Emperor has requested your presence at the former headquarters of the local government. Coordinates have been relayed to your crew,>" the officer on the comms spoke, a short, concise message delivered by a business-like people who did not like to waste their time on idle banter.

Elsewhere in the city, another message was delivered, comms flaring to life as the mercenary Arturo Braga Arturo Braga was hailed by Imperial command. "<Contractor, this is OpCom. Your presence is required at the local government headquarters. Orders from the Emperor,>" the message said.

Back at the governmental building, now converted into an impromptu command post by the engineers which had swiftly deployed a vast array of communications equipment, the Emperor awaited the arrival of the mercenary and that of the Hutt. He had a mission for the former and wanted to hear what the latter had to say.

dRUm20K.png

UMrgMFP.png
Broka's servants conveyed the response from the Imperials. Broka then was escorted to the shuttle from his flagship as he lurched down the corridors of his ship. The corridors were wider with the design of any Hutt ship for such occasions. Thus he was able to get to the ship at a pace of what would be expected of an extremely corpulent Hutt. Eventually Broka and his escorting soldiers made it to the shuttle where a mobile throne was placed for travel. The throne made the traveling chamber of the shuttle more cramped due to it being parked in the aisle in the center.

The shuttle then lurched to activation, and made it out of the flagship's hangar. After a few seconds of near noiseless flight, the resistance of the atmosphere of Annaj. The pilot then landed the shuttle in the bay instructed for entry. After the shuttle lurches again from landing, then Broka and his escort leave the shuttle.

Kainan Wolfe Kainan Wolfe Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim Arturo Braga Arturo Braga

Objective: 1

Lori grinned as she heard Curtis Learchin Curtis Learchin 's voice. She turned her head and met his gaze, then waved him over to join them. She knew that he detested slavery as well. Most people did. So he was a great person to have on board. "Can always count on you, Curtis. So let's see what damage we can cause here."

The Jaster's Sparrow dropped out of hyperspace, right in Endor's orbit. Other ships were in the area and Arla gave no pause before sending the ship down through the atmosphere. And that was when the message from LE-03 (Leigh) LE-03 (Leigh) came through.

It seemed that the plan was made for them. There was no figuring it out on the fly and winging it once they saw what they were getting into. They were still going in blind, but there were others that knew a lot more than they did. Lori flicked the switch to her comms, making the connection on the Eclipse channel. "Understood. We'll be standing by for anyone escaping your net." She turned off her comms, given that communication had to be minimal. "Well, I guess we stand by."

Vidalu Na'an Vidalu Na'an

Ingrid L’lerim
UMrgMFP.png
Tag: Kainan Wolfe Kainan Wolfe | Broka the Hutt Broka the Hutt | Arturo Braga Arturo Braga | Open
dRUm20K.png

Yes, she was a true model citizen, thanks to the upbringing of her parents. Ingrid never questioned his Emperor’s word, or orders. If that had been the case, she would never have come back to the Empire from the CIS, or undertaken this work, this position. She was also surprised by the fact that she knew she should have stood the tests before she became a knight. The words were only formality; she had already done what the Emperor had just told her. Until death, maybe beyond that. Especially then she can learn to possess bodies after her death, just like the Sith Emperor.

She can take an apprentice? It was something she could not imagine, she still had too much work, she didn't even have time to have a child with her husband, even though they wanted to. Yes, the Emperor was right, she had many questions, but the duty and work come first, the questions just after that, when they can handle this planet. She got up from her knees, and saluted again paired with a head drive. Just after these looked up at her Emperor.

<”You honored me again, my Lord!” > she said in High Nelvaanian.

She went back for her helmet and picked it up again. They may have had a little detour now with her promotion, but they had a job and that was the first one. The job always comes first before everything else, especially if someone is a workaholic. Her responsibilities, tasks and works didn’t change with that anyway, so the questions could really wait.

<”Indeed, I have many questions ms Lord, but I know, the Empire’s business is the first. I’ll ask them only if we deal with these scum.” > she said.

However, Ingrid has not yet received an answer to the most important question in this situation, that:

<”Where do we start my Lord?”> she asked.

wUV8259.png

nBtOGGm.gif

Devil or Angel? You decide.

7Z1XRzs.png

Outfit || Interacting With Will Westender Will Westender

czQh8AP.png

The Firebird shuddered as it dove through Endor’s atmosphere.

Inside the captain’s quarters, Karma Jayne double checked the sharp heel of her boot, made sure the small blade was secure inside the hollow section, and dragged herself with a groan into the blistering hallway, leather bolero jacket in hand. There were more than a few things she hated about this ship, its tendency to become a flying oven making the top of that list. But there was hope. Now that they were slowing their speed and nearing their destination, it would cool down. Eventually.

The Zeltron’s boots clipped lightly on the steel flooring as she shimmied through the door onto the bridge, throwing her jacket into the co-pilots chair and gathering up her rainbow hair in both hands. Strands of fuchsia, bright amethyst and royal blue were stuffed hastily into the beginnings of a sloppy braid as she turned sideways and flopped her rear down in the seat, bare legs dangling over the armrest.

“Darling, we really must do something about this heat,” she whined, pausing mid braid to fan her glistening neck with her hand. Not that it did any good. “I’m already all melty. It’s dreadful, showing up drenched in sweat.” Karma pouted a little, lightly but insistently nudging Will Westender Will Westender 's chair with the toes of her boots. “I suppose this won’t take long, will it? Simple drop off. Are we even meeting anyone this time? I hope not, I’d have to change my outfit again..”

czQh8AP.png

OBJECTIVE 3: BYOO
A Noble’s Return

dRUm20K.png

Negotiations were quick. The combined CEOs, business owners, private organizations, and other non-governmental organizations understood their predicament well: don’t make a fuss and your business will remain intact. While Malicar and Darth Tacitus had a dozen or so conversations about businesses within the Eternal Empire, there was this fine line of being government controlled and given a free hand…as long as that free hand did not support enemies of the Eternal Empire. In his role for the Eternal Empire, it was to smooth over with business leaders the fact that their planet was being conquered.

Speak of the devil…

Looking down at his comlink, Darth Tacitus requested his presence at the former capital of Annaj. Word spread fast that the Chiss was back in the system. Malicar mused that it was on his “to do” list, reaching out to the leader of the Eternal Empire, but Tacitus was way ahead of him. Looking up at the table of business leaders, he concluded, “Gentle beings, it has been a pleasure. I look forward to working with each of you. Should you have further questions about this transition you will undergo, please do not hesitate to contact me. In the interim, stay calm…it will be business as usual.”

The Shadow Hammer was what Malicar used to ferry himself around planetside. When it was time to leave the system, it would be stored in the hangar bay of the Dark Remnant. Given clearance to land at a nearby landing pad, Malicar guided the ship in close, within walking distance of the temporary military headquarters that had been erected within the Annaj government building. As usual, a pair of contracted Mandalorians from Clan Sharratt escorted the entrepreneur across the walkway. Reaching the entrance to the Headquarters structure, the Mandalorians stopped and waited outside.

Malicar strode in with an easy grin on his handsome face as he approached the leader of the Eternal Empire, “I do hope I am not intruding. Darth Tacitus, it has been some time. You seem to be faring well and fit on this fruitful day.”

In a normal setting, the Chiss would have addressed any females in the room first, but he always made exceptions for “supreme leaders”.

Looking over at Ingrid, the Chiss bowed smoothly and reached out to take her hand. If she extended it, he would clasp it gently and kiss it lightly with respect. If she did not extend it, there did not seem to be anything about the gesture that would have "left him hanging"—it was as if there was simply a flair to his bow. It could be surmised that the Chiss had executed this greeting a time or a thousand…

Regardless, his red eyes met hers and observed, “I do not think I have seen you since the ball few months ago. Pleasure to see you again.”

Leaving her with a small smile, his attention turned back to Darth Tacitus, “My apologies for not informing you I was back in Wild Space. I do intend to spend a bit more time in Kalidan. On a related note, I just concluded a meeting with the powers that be in Annaj commerce—they will play nicely.”

Kainan Wolfe Kainan Wolfe
Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim
Broka the Hutt Broka the Hutt
Arturo Braga Arturo Braga

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom