Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Invasion Gates of Dawn | GA Invasion of BOTM held Shihon and Oyokal

SHIHON3.png

Duel tag: Ari Naldax Ari Naldax
Other foes: Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el Iris Arani Iris Arani Cynthia Alucard Cynthia Alucard

Equipment:
Piloting - Torr'Chir
Eyes of Khoine
Pulsiva flight suit
2x Cartridge Revolvers
Retractable Neural Stinger
Four squadrons of eight Chir'Shada Starfighters

Squadron quipped with a mixture of proton torpedoes, disruptor torpedoes and Witchfire Missiles

So the Alliance had come to Mawite space? It wasn't before time, sure they attacked the corridor regularly, but this was the first major incursion I to Mawite space proper that the Palliduvan could remember. And the attack was too close to her family's hidden Nebula for her to be comfortable with not riding out to defend. She and three dozen of her wingman had flown to Shiihoon, this represented a significant percentage of her usable chir'shada fighters and large chunk of her active.

The Nebulae fighters descended into the pea soup that was the atmosphere of Shiihoon, The Emerald Nebula could be very occluded and turbulent sometimes, so flying in these conditions was second nature to her kin, it was a process of elimination, if you couldn't fly without visual queues, you would eventually find one of the many lose asteroids in the nebula and not make it home. Khione banked around one of the beautiful gas eating jellyfish and skimmed low over another, they reminded her a little of purghil in their elegant grace. It was a shame this wasn't a sight seeing mission, and she was reminded of the fact as she saw her prey appear on the scanner. Khione's fighters had all broken off into combat patrols and scattered into the local area to hunt the Alliance pilots, ensuring support for the TIE pilots that flew their almost useless sorties against a superior foe.

She hadnt detected her date yet, but it was only a matter of time effective stealth while flying through a clouded atmosphere was almost impossible, even invisible craft left telltale eddies in the clouds, and Ari Naldax Ari Naldax would know this. So it was a matter of whether Khione closed the distance enough to detect such eddies or whether Ari turned on combat systems as to when stealth was broken. For her part, Khione switched on her phase masque and her fighter shimmered and began to appear as a stuttering image to visual and scanners, making it easy to spot, but hard to track.

Khione's scanners buzzed as she locked on to the silhouettes in front of her and she and her wingmates began to fire. Khione fired a single witchfire missile, which in the thick atmosphere would explode and burn in a fireball a few dozen metres in diameter after the intense concussion blast, bathing the area in an eerie green light and giving a clear clue who the Alliance faced today.

Ziare Dyarron | Keilara Kala'myr | Mercy | Freedom
Mongrel's Shadow and his widow; Matriarch of the Scar Hounds Tribe; Guardian of Mongrel's armour and sword
rKvtTIw.png
Objective: Try to contact Manifold and ask his help.
Equipment: FS-18-UP2 Assault Rifle | 2x Sunfury Pistol | Light Armour | Viper Mk. I Skinsuit | 2x Vibrodagger | 2x Riftblades | Promise of Freedom || Cloaking Device | 5x ASBF Probe Droid || OPBC-01m
Writing With: The Manifold The Manifold (and as Kallan) | Closed
GM1OQzU.png
[ Come back… ]
"Galactic Basic" | ~ Telepathic communication ~ | << comm. channel >>
jKXEHue.png

~ Mercy ~
Nothing, nothing happened. Manifold didn't answer, I just stood there for long minutes, waiting for him to appear. I knew that time in the Netherworld was different in some places, but I was impatient. In addition to the frustration and emptiness, I felt angry again for the first time in many months. I clenched my fists at my sides and shouted angrily. And, in the next moment I fell to my knees. I hoped so much, so much, because it was the only one hope. True, I had no way of knowing whether Manifold was still alive or dead. I didn't know if it was captured by the Maw, although I couldn't find any data about it on the network.

It seems that I have no choice but to do what I have to do. To be together again in death. Maybe I'll die just trying to get the twins out so I can give them to Kallan and Keilara. If we only have two in our minds instead of many more, they will probably become even stronger sooner. They will be happy. Keilara had already practised making her astral projection physical. And Kallan was able to take control of my body, so I let him. They can still have a normal life that we don't.

I was still listening to Asher's voice, not through the memories. I asked MANIAC to collect from the HoloNet and the Nite database all the news and footage of Asher taken on various planets. We didn't have a family album and that's all I had left. War footage, some pictures I did or we did when we were together, his armour and his sword. Also, the remaining part of his brain is safely in stasis at home on Serenno; if he ever needs it, Kallan can get himself a clone body. And the memories of a life together, ten years in this life and sixty years in the other.

Still no answer. Why? Why was I unlucky in life? Why did all my luck run out the moment he died? Others might say how lucky I am to have survived multiple strokes, but I didn't feel lucky. I just felt like an unfortunate freak or a mongrel who couldn't even die with the one they loved. Mongrel… even the thought of the name made me feel pain again, even though I hated this name. He was much more than that, it was not for nothing that I asked him to choose another name that belonged to me and not to the Maw. Of course, only after Kallan became Kallan again and they separated, just like me and Keilara now.

There was still no answer, I knew Freedom was hoping too, but when finally there was nothing, I rose from the ground like a ghost. It was over, it was my last hope. The anger disappeared again and only emptiness and pain remained. I turned to walk back to the ship at a loss when the answer happened. For a moment I felt hope and my heart beat so violently that my chest hurt. I groaned but hurried over to the beacon. I hardly heard what he said or that he was surprised.

<< Manifold! I am Mercy, the original body of Freedom. She is here too and if she could feel it, she would be happy that you are alive and free. I…we…need your help. You are our only hope in this matter. There is no one else in Realspace or Netherworld we turn to for this matter. >> I told him.

qIjVYqE.png

~ Keilara ~
I was also worried that we were running out of time, but I tried to look strong and calm, not only for Kallan, but also for the children. Although I did not understand and did not yet know how mature they were, how much they knew what was at stake. They essentially "sacrificed" themselves so that Mercy and thus we could be saved. They were able to influence Tu'teggacha without the little green monster realising what had happened. All to keep Mercy alive. It was a matter of moments that all three of us would die there or survive that situation. It was still terrifying and I shuddered when I thought about it.

Mercy felt no love or connection with them, she wanted to free them because she knew that Kallan wanted that. It doesn't matter if I did too, she always did the opposite of what I wanted. It's true, I knew that this also happened in that alternative life, that she didn't accept the twins for a long time. Months passed there as well, although Asher was there by her side and the children were with them the whole time. And of course there was a psychiatrist, now within the Maw she couldn't afford such a luxury. It was a difficult situation and we really couldn't help her.

And worst of all, Asher wanted to die because he believed that Mercy would be happy without him, without her chains and he would not cause any more pain to her. The exact opposite happened, she was chained, the last time she smiled was when Kallan said she spoke like Asher. Last but not least, Tu'teggacha's tortures seemed nothing compared to the pain she felt since then. It hurt me a lot that we couldn't help with this, even if we tried to support her. Not only us, but also the children. The only consolation was that at least the mental shields were functioning normally and strong. At least we had that much protection.

I smiled as I felt Kallan's touch on my arm and then the way he leaned into my arms. Here, smiling softly, I rested my chin on his shoulder for a few moments and closed my eyes. It was such a peaceful moment, I hugged her a little tighter when she said she loved me too. I wish this moment could last forever. Since Tython, we've had so little time for each other anyway. Both of us had to get stronger, then the captivity in Exegol and of course the twins too. I was happy for the children, but also when my husband and I finally had a few free minutes together.

I let the embrace a little looser when he turned around. I looked up at him as he planted a kiss on my forehead and smiled. I was glad he was better now. I was worried about him, really, even if I did try not to show it. I didn't want him or the kids to worry about it, because I'm worried about them. I nodded grimly at Kallan's words.

~ I know, and if it doesn't work out, it's just the two of us will remain and she's going to die. ~ I told him, I know it's actually four and not two, because Freedom is here too, even if she's speechless and just doing calculations all day, and Ziare was there somewhere, I think, but she is extremely weak and fragile. ~ I've been practising astral projection lately, it's getting better and better and easier. So if you will control the body, if this is necessary, then I can be there with you, next to you and support you, not only here in the depths of our minds, but also normally. How are you progressing with learning to control this body? ~ I asked him.

I knew from MANIAC's log that Mercy was also preparing for this, since she offered Kallan to control her... our body for a reason. He ordered a ring from Nite that can shape-shift the body and change according to our thoughts or the signal of our mind. To do this, she sent some of her own and Asher's DNA. If it is ready and Kallan controls the body, it can happen in his own body, because thanks to the ring, if the ring will sense his mind's signal, the body will change into his own. He can be himself again, what the Maw took from him.

~ Even in the worst case scenario... if Mercy gives up. We know where the twins are, the Scar Hounds are there, and we have enough money to hire the best professionals to help rescue them. One way or another, our children will be with us soon. Trust in this! ~ I looked up at him and smiled kindly.

DHGyR0O.png

aHqsQes.png

selvaris1.png

Location: Maw Forward Operating Base, Selvaris, Yuuzhan Vong camp
Enemies: Auteme Auteme
Allies: Maw

Kyrel knew the moment had come at last. Selvaris while it had proved to be a temporary bastion for the Mawite forces, given the dwindling supply chains, slave revolts and the constant meddling of the Jedi. Kyrel found that most of his resources and strategies that had adhered to the Maw way was starting to collapse slowly. All he knew was that the end was soon approaching, and the Maw’s Wrath had felt caught in a similar position when he was alive, and had fought the Alliance before. In the crude remnants of the Yuuzhan Vong camp he would watch the holomap that displayed the current going on of the War. “Sooner or later the Alliance dogs will have to strike… Just as in the First Imperial days of yore they expect they will win… They will only win once they have tasted ashes this I will see to.” He said his claw-like fingers clenched tightly into fists behind his back, and a mixture oozing black blood and bile slowly dripped down the mask/face hybrid.

He would watch the map, and soon the map started blinking red. “What… How could they have…” Just as the Maw’s Wrath could barely finish the words that had come from his lips he could feel a thud, and the sounds of explosions rock around the compound. “Just shows these Alliance dogs never change…” He said memories of the past filled his mind, from Kaeshana all the way to Hoth, each day this Alliance brought those memories bubble to the surface, but they underestimated an old enemy such as Kyrel, as soon as he heard the sounds he would press a big red button with his clenched fist. This would trigger alarms all around, and just the same would cause the barbarians of the Maw camp to scatter in a frenzy arming themselves with both blade and blaster alike.

The Master of Ren himself would move away from the camp’s HQ and start to wander into the camp openly. The scent of death had held a certain sway over him, one that he was unlikely to shake away as he stared out. There were no signs of the enemy, and he had wondered in the scrambling of both Warrior and conscripted slave alike of where could they strike from. With the Hunger in his grasp he stuck the forked tipped blades into the ground to cause red bolts to shoot through the ground, and slowly cracks started to form in the earth. His hand gently started to rest on the hilt of his signature lightsaber, as he slowly pulled the hilt away from his belt and just like a Kath hound of Dantooine Kyrel Ren was after enemies he had known in two lifetimes.

Outfit: Factory Link | Necklace
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber
Ally Tag: BB-610 BB-610 Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania
Enemy Tag: Darth Mori

"How are you two feeling?"

Valery's gaze only briefly shifted away from the closed ramp at the back of their transport shuttle to look at the Padawan and droid. Before any major engagement, she always shifted into a mental state very different from the norm. The kindness and brightness that usually dominated her exterior were buried underneath layers of fiery intensity, and if it wasn't for the brief smile she showed her two companions, she'd feel like a completely different woman.

"ETA 2 minutes!" the voice of the pilot then called out over the internal comms, and Valery's fiery gaze snapped back to the little red light above the ramp.

Currently, she was aware of the Alliance's military advance against the former prisoner camp, but her focus was on something else. For this feint attack to work, not only was it crucial that Maw forces were drawn to Selvaris, but its leaders needed to be here as well. With each one being a powerful Sith or Force user, she knew what difference they could make, so her task was to find and engage them.

Already, she could feel the familiar presence of Kyrel Ren Kyrel Ren and Darth Mori out there — she clashed with them both before — so she understood where she needed to go.

With the hull of the shuttle vibrating heavily, it soon touched down in a clearing within the jungle. The red light above the door shifted to green, and the ramp lowered swiftly, allowing those inside to disembark. "Come on, we have no time to waste," Valery told them, her voice calm and confident, as she began the search for her target.

selvaris1.png

Objective: Freedom
Allies: Maw
Enemies: Aiden Porte Aiden Porte

The mad Gungan simply didn’t know how his life had gotten this bad, and still for the young Sith had much that had led to this spiral. One moment he was an aspiring and upstart Gungan who had dreams of peace for his people, and ultimately throughout the entirety of the War things had led from one thing or another. Still the Gungan had found himself as some sort of main entertainment for the fighting pits, for he had recently shoved mud into an opponent’s face, and somehow managed to strangle him to death all the while beating on his chest like some sort of dumb animal. “Who da best huh?!?! Mesa that’s who!” He said in some angry triumphant moment, for the Gungan had spent months in the fighting pits seemingly to lose favor with the Maw.

Still the mad Gungan had always had his training to rely on. Did he sold his lightsaber for spice? Yes, but it had shown the Gungan that in the past months, he wasn’t the only one who was weaponless. “Mesa ain’t locked up with you! Yousa are locks in here with mesa!!” He cried out his long tongue wagging out, foam dripping out of his mouth, his long stalk of eyes were bloodshot, who knows what the withdrawing Gungan saw as he quickly saw around him that there was a pile of bones strewn about the makeshift fighting pit. Originally made to boost morale of the men has turned into a grizzly sight even for a Gungan to turn it into a den of brutality.

Then when the sounds of explosions had rocked the camp, and the men scrambled about. The Gungan was lost in the bloodlust, as an explosion had broken the locked door in front of him, and he started to wonder what would come about today. “Mesa free at last!!!” He said gripping the only weapon he had in the form of a vibro blade that clung tightly to his own fingers. He said as he started to chop through the broken pieces of the door that remained. “Can’t keep this Gungan down!” He cried in frantic glee, even as blood was dripping from his mouth. Soon he quickly disappeared from the pits and into the tunnel system all around the camp.

selvaris1.png
Hehe: Valery Noble Valery Noble BB-610 BB-610
Not Hehe: Darth Mori

Strapped into her seat, Cora exchanged a nervous glance with BB-610. The Padawan had always just skirted interacting with the Sith—she'd encountered their creatures, explored their abandoned tombs, set foot on words that had been ravaged by Dark influence. Never had she encountered a Sith, and now they were brazenly, openly attempting to draw one of the galaxy's most dangerous beings out to play.

"I'm good."

The aristocrat in her responded cooly, voice too even. She even tried to smile, a hollow expression that couldn't reach her owlishly wide eyes. Cora's tense demeanor, shoulders bunched and jaw set, contrasted sharply with the forced calm of her tone.

Cora was not, in fact, good.

The ship shuddered to a stop, spilling the small team deep into jungle terrain. Cora's limbs felt stiff as she worked herself from the comfort of the dual straps crossed over her chest and stood. Inhaling deeply, she turned to the astromech and gave him a thumbs up. Cora had never given anyone a thumbs up before, and the gesture felt awkward, but maybe it was meant to be encouraging?

The ramp hissed open and she found herself holding her breath again.

All it took was one foot hitting the moist earth beneath her for a shudder to wrack through every nerve in Cora's body. The Dark was thick here, thicker than the humid air around them. It swept through the landscape of Selvaris, so visceral and intense that it seemed to be intertwined with the planet itself. The Padawan glanced down, perhaps expecting the earth itself to rise up and swallow her whole.

"C'mon Bee, we've got this!" She murmured encouragingly to the droid, patting his chassis with a trembling hand of her own. Straightening her posture, Cora forced another smile. This one brighter, and it was clear that she was attempting to comfort the droid for her own sake as well.

As student and astromech trailed obediently after their Master, Cora wrapped a hand around her lightsaber hilt and unclipped it from her belt. Feeling the Jedi's weapon in her grasp made her feel just slightly better.

"Master Noble, can you sense our target yet?"

Cora wasn't sure what answer she wanted. There were so many Dark presences lingering in her periphery that it was difficult for her to parse them all out.

selvaris1.png

Objective: Engage enemy space forces as ordered
Equipment: TIE Advanced X-1, squadron of mixed TIE variants (slipstream squadron)
Writing With : Open

Jack's first mission came along before the ink was dry on his signing papers with the Galactic Alliance Defence Force. With a war on, trained pilots weren't made to sit idle, and he was quickly shuttled out to a command ship, where he met up with a ragtag squadron, who flew mixed TIE variants. The CO had let him know in no uncertain terms that though they both held the same rank, He was flying in Her squadron, and he would follow Her orders at all times. Jack didn't object, though he resented the hostility, muttering to himself as he walked to his own craft. There wasn't time for reproaches, the fleet was bound for enemy space, and the Galactic Alliance was going to war...

Starlines became stars as the fleet came out of Hyperspace and along with many other ships and groups of fighters, Slipstream Squadron went into the fires of war. Jack held his position in the flight, and called in as the pilots all reported ready, when his turn came. "Slip Seven, standing by." and quickly the rest of the squadron all rattled off their acknowledgements. Slipstream Lead, Captain Delvardus, handled comms with the rest of the fleet, and with Command. Her voice crackled over the squadron's comm.

"Slipstream Squadron, on station and awaiting orders." The fleet commanders would deploy their ships and squadrons to where they would be most effective, and it was for the pilots to follow their orders, and to hunt down and destroy the enemy. Jack rechecked his IFF for the third time, because he knew when flying TIEs among friendly X-wings, it was best to be sure your friends knew who you were. His TIE Advanced X-1 was unusual enough that it would probably not be mistaken for an enemy craft, but it did not pay to take unnecessary chances with your own skin.

The young pilot from Vardos rocked in his pilot's couch and stretched his arms and legs as he awaited orders to engage, preparing his muscles for the exertions to come. Jack wasn't much for breathing exercises or meditation as some of his fellow pilots, he was coiled like a spring waiting to be released, all of his frustration pent up and ready to bleed away as he was sent out to hunt. He loved to fly, and flying combat was a thrill few activities could match. Against the Maw and their military forces, he would have to be at his very best to survive, even with the skilled and experienced pilots of the GA on his side. Soon, he would test himself against the very best the enemy had. Soon, now. Very soon...

ChVAW7n.png

selvaris1.png

Miri Nimdok Miri Nimdok
094WPmt.png

THE JUNGLE
SELVARIS

"Keep moving, scum!"

Vector's pith helmet provided meager shade from the local climate's oppressive heat. Sweat stained his tailored safari uniform. Work gangs loaned to him by the Vong camp were faring far worse. Another collapsed from exhaustion. There were many Project Tantiss expeditions scattered across the surface, but a few promising minor relics unearthed nearby had captured his personal interest.

"Just think of it, Creature!" he laughed, "One of Palpatine's observatories unspoilt by time."

According to his arcane research methods Darth Sidious had been obsessed with gazing beyond the galactic rim and an ancient hidden outpost might very well be hidden somewhere under this blasted jungle canopy. Creature only moaned in agony, the native xa fel manservant possessing very little insight into such cultured matters.

"Who's out there?!"

Monk could hear laughter echo through the rainforest. It was a familiar voice. Despite his expectations, the death of his rival had not resulted in academic acclaim. Nimdok haunted him through the universities' continued scorn and each research journal rejection. Through this cursed jungle. Through nightmares of a crushed body vanishing before his very eyes.

Last edited:
ᴏɴᴇꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴢᴇʀᴏᴇꜱ

bb610.png

selvaris1.png

GADividerBlue.png

| LOCATION: Selvaris |
| FRIEND: Valery Noble Valery Noble | Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania |
| FOE: Darth Mori |

The word 'Sith' felt toxic. Wince inducing, vile, corrupt. BB-610 had met Sith before-- he'd served them before, and the notion of him ever having pledged his loyalties to them was sickening. He never subscribed to their oaths, agreed with their ideologies, or pressed on any morals present within Imperial rule - the astromech was touchstarved, desperate, eager for the approval of anybody that would give him the time of day. Sith had done just that. Now, as he stood firm alongside Jedi and Padawan, it was a grotesque thought that he'd previously hurt the side his friends are now on.

In unison with Cora, the droid hastily bweeped,
« I'm good. »

He wasn't blessed with facial features, but today proved that to be a luxury; with no faltering smile or fear-stricken eyes for Valery to notice, BB-610 was almost certain that there couldn't possibly be any undertones to dissect from his response.

BB-610 was not, in fact, good.

The astromech peered up at Cora, in part out of concern to see if she was any bit as nervous as he was, and in part to quench his anxieties with the company of somebody he was clinging to, chassis trembling subtly as it pressed up against her legs. Their mission on Xa Fel had opened his photoreceptors to the horrors of the galaxy, and while a comfort was provided in the presence of a girl whose mannerisms he could worryingly identify with, there existed a bizarre level of protectiveness over her. She was his master's Padawan, after all-- but most importantly, she was kind to him. And that was all he ever needed.

Tool-bay disk sliding open as his lighter was retrieved, tiny flame flickering to life as a pseudo-thumbs up of his own, BB-610 reluctantly trailed after his friends, lingering by Cora's feet from a guttural fear of abandonment. Lifeform scanner emerging as its satelite idly twirled in search for approaching targets, the droid found himself chewing on intrusive thoughts.

Silently, he prayed that whatever Sith they ran into was one he hadn't made a connection with. He didn't want to think of it, think of how disappointedd any of the monsters he once called friends would be if they'd known he had defected. The path ahead was unnerving, with a foreboding eeriness to its twists and turns before settling on a clearing that left the astromech nothing short of terrified.

GADividerBlue.png

selvaris1.png

Objective I // Selvaris Wilds // No Quarter
Allies: Creuat Creuat || Enemies: OPEN
eyes on fire, your spines ablaze
GADividerWhite.png

Just as they had dozens of times before, Xashe and Rhis dropped from the transport together. Uncanny rage bubbled in her chest. Just as the bruise on her face was still raw and purple, a gift of Pyke Lazar Pyke Lazar , so too was the emotion of all that had transpired on Xa Fel. Forgiveness was not a word in the padawan's category - her master had made sure of that, as he molded her essence through the years. Guilt and anger - at herself, at the SIA, and the Order as a whole, and most of all, at the monsters they sought today - coalesced into something far more toxic. It sat deep within her belly, threatening to rear at the slightest of provocation.

"This way." Xashe offered with a curt nod as she started north. "I can sense them."

Conviction's hilt found it's way into the mirilan's hand. The silence that fell over master and padawan was not uncomfortable - they were far too close for that - but it allowed her time to ruminate, obsessing over recent events. Her blade's aura pulsed in tune with her persons. It too craved to extinguish the darkness that had caused her uncertainty.

"Rhis," She started. "When did they grow soft? When did I grow soft?"

They could always mean one thing. The two extremists had always sat on the fringes of their order, delivering the righteousness their brethren couldn't - but they sat close enough to the searing light the pair found themselves aligned, nonetheless.

"No quarter. The mantra they carried since the beginning, but we took further. Now... I knew there were lost on Xa Fel. Taken by whatever dark rot infested the place. Yet, instead of my duty... I wanted to save them. They were innocent, it wasn't their fault. But they were taken, nonetheless."

Xashe wrinkled her nose in disgust.

"I'm sorry. It betrayed everything you taught me." Her grip on her blade tightened. "It was a reminder that darkness is a liar."

Alora Davani

A
selvaris1.png
Nearby: Judah Lesan Jr. Judah Lesan Jr. | Open
"No, no, no...." Alora said in a strained whisper. "Stay with me."

With her palm resting gently against the cheek of an alliance soldier, Alora let the force flow. But even as the healing energy left her, she felt his presence waning... until she could not longer feel it at all. Alora felt tears welling in her eyes.

He is with the force.

Alora tried to remind herself of that. However, it wasn't easy to feel death so close. She gave the soldier a last look; he looked calm, like he was asleep here with the battle raging all around him. If she'd given him a few moments of peace, then perhaps she'd still done her job as a healer. As tender-hearted as she was, Alora felt it right to be here today.

She wasn't familiar with war, not at all. Alora couldn't help but marvel at the brave members of the Alliance that charged into the fight. Many were wounded, but they didn't stop. This wasn't exactly the best place to pause for treatment, after all. If she couldn't heal them, then she'd have to join them in battle.

Though, she couldn't help but feel lost.

Where would her energy be most useful?

selvaris1.png

Selvaris

The trap was sprung.

Just as Alliance Command had hoped, the Maw were swift to respond to their feint in the Corridor. Now the real prize, Exegol, was within reach. Amani could almost envision the end of the war already.

But she dared not dream too greedily. They had to win the battle, first. The Brotherhood fought like a caged animal, and if ever that were so apt a description, it was now.

A young trooper watched with dawning fear as a starfighter dove toward him in a spiral of flame. He shut his eyes, and was launched backwards. But his thoughts were still with him. The trooper dared to give his surroundings another look, and found his comrades, and a jedi standing over him with a hand outstretched to where he once was. The starship made impact in the same spot, a fireball of debris cascading towards them, only to roll harmlessly off an invisible bubble that suddenly surrounded them.

Amani glanced down, and offered him a hand, "Watch yourself, Private. You hurt?" The trooper shook his head vigorously, still processing the last few seconds, only to lurched forward as he tried to put weight on his right leg. She kept him steady, immediately noticing at least one blaster burn on the area. "I'm getting him to safety! Can you cover us?!" Amani asked his squadmates, who nodded solemnly before raising their weapons once more.

Though obfuscated by the raging battle around them, Amani's nostrils burned from a familiar scent. A scent of death that touched deeper than olfaction.

The Force itself was rendered ill by it.

dantemplate.png

selvaris1.png

ALLIES: NSO | BOTM
ENEMIES
: GA | NJO
ENGAGING
: Silas Westgard Silas Westgard | Thelma Goth Thelma Goth
GEAR: In bio

dandivider.png

banner4.png

WHAT'S COMING TO ME

"Animals"

The Lady of Conquest stood with her hands on her hips as she squinted at the Mawite horde swarming their way through the trenches, leaving only a mess in their wake.

Samron gave her a questioning look. She scowled at him.
"They lack finesse, darling. Why don't we show them how to do it?" she asked the Falleen.
"That's why we're here, Mistress." he smiled at her before placing his dread-helm over his head.
A sinister smirk curled the corner of Danika's mouth before the duo led the Company from the Legion of Bone onto the battlefield.

In unison, the dread-soldiers fired their way through the main trench, leaving a much cleaner road in their wake. At their forefront, the blitz of Samron and Danika's blades drove a wedge in the resistance.

Until a Jedi turned to lift his blade against the Lady of Bone.

Samron halted their troops while Danika smiled at the robed Ferroan in front of her.
"You should walk away now, Witch. This is your only warning." he told her.
"You have balls, I'll give you that, darling. I'm not planning on leaving any time soon, so come on, then." she told him as she settled into a combat stance, waiting for him, her amethyst blade humming in anticipation.

The Ferroan didn't let himself get invited twice. His emerald blade flashed from beneath in the blink of an eye, but the Dark Master's blade was there to meet it effortlessly. Yet, she launched no counter attack.
"Come on, darling. You can do better than that against me, can't you?" she asked him as she flicked his blade away before falling back into a stance as if it were a sparring match. Or like a cat toying with a mouse.

It was right about then when the realisation finally seemed to dawn on him. Recognition shone in his golden eyes.
"Darth Halōsis." he stated, hesitating slightly in his tracks.
"I haven't been called that for a very long time, darling. Now stop gawking." she said before an amethyst blur blitzed through the air toward him along with her swift movement.
His blade was up just in time to prevent hers from cleaving his face. What he did not expect, however, was the phrik dagger that plunged into his heart from below.
"Sorry darling. I would have loved to stay and chat, but I'm on a schedule." she told him before pulling out the dagger.
"Kaze was wrong about you. You're unredeemable." he stammered before slumping to his knees.
Danika's teal eyes narrowed at the Jedi.
"Kaze was delusional, yes." she finally deadpanned before gliding past him, not caring if he saw through the facade. He was a dead man, after all.

His knowing smile as he died, would mean nothing. Instead, the Lady of Conquest and her men stayed true to their path.

Daring anyone to oppose them.

dantemp.png

SHIHON3.png

// Objective II // Oyokal, Enemy Territory // Establish a Beachhead //
Allies: Osarla Ridor Osarla Ridor | Sion Lorray Sion Lorray | Nova Corps // Enemies: Open

fwfqf.png
The ground came rushing to meet Teshi, the stars above her an open field. Breath caught in her chest, the free fall was both exhilerating and terrifying. Numbers fell in the HUD of her visor, tracking altitude. Three, two, one... a pull of a lever released the chute. Her form flew back upward as the lifeline caught the wind. Nervous laughter bubbled forth from her chest as the mad decent slowed into a peaceful glide. More parachutes bloomed around her, nearly invisible beneath the cover of night. The fall of her squadron heralded the coming of victory.

Meeting the ground gracefully, training took Teshi's being. The massive chute was rolled up, tucked away behind a rock. Deft hands repositioned the massive pack swung about her shoulders. Her rifle found its way across her chest, ready. Eyes flickered to bring forth the positioning of her brethren. They were scattered across the countryside, ready to take the Maw's base unawares.

"Flower progressing toward rendezvous one. Nova Actual, do you read?"

The short range comms would come through staticky - Nova Corps had been sure to use a frequency that while unreliable, would be less noticeable by the hostiles. The ground beneath her felt funny. Oyokal was proof life found a way, it's farmers making home on the algae beds in the vast oceans. The surface squished beneath the weight of her boots, moss weed rising up in a vast forest to hide her form.

The trooper paused her trek, ears peaking. The rhythmic footsteps were not alone. Murmurs gave their position, and a cyan tinted view of the world around her flipped to one of blues and oranges.

"We have company. A forward scout... and they have their war monsters."

selvaris1.png

G A T E S_O F_D A W N
Objective I : As Above, So Below

FINAL DAWN
SELVARIS, WILD SPACE

BATTLEGROUP SOLIPSIS
Fleet Comp.
Starfighter Compliment :

Far above the jungle world of Selvaris, Battlegroup Solipsis stood in position patiently waiting for the arrival of it's counterparts within the GADF Navy. In the days leading up to the eventual Alliance attack, Final Dawn Monitor Frigates had picked up a major Alliance Military Buildup along the Maw Corridor near the worlds of Reece and Chaldea, indicating a possible assault against Selvaris just as the High Regent had anticipated. By the time they made their strike, the small fleet of Six Supremacy Mark-I Star Destroyers that originally guarded Selvaris was reinforced by the forces of Admiral Kaine Hamilton and Commandant Brodan Dobson who had brought their respective fleets, Wraith and Scourge Squadrons to the system, forming a formidable Naval Battlegroup. Not only would the Final Dawn possess a strong force capable of blunting the initial GADF Attack, but they also had three additional reserve fleets at their disposal with two already located further within the system and a third fleet set to reinforce them from O'reen itself as the High Regent had told both Hamilton and Dobson that he had prepared quite a surprise for the Galactic Alliance when they struck at Selvaris.

"Sir, enemy ships emerging from hyperspace" one of the Sensor officers cried out. As expected, the first GADF Warships would soon emerge from hyperspace coming into view of the Final Dawn Battlegroup. "What type of force are we looking at." Hamilton said inquiring on any information in regards to the enemy task force that had emerged from hyperspace. "Sixteen Warships in total sir. A Mixed force of Battlecruisers, regular Cruisers, Frigates and Corvettes." Hamilton smirked, he clearly outnumbered the enemy fleet and would most certainly had more starfighters and firepower at his disposal. But regardless of this statistical advantage, the outcome of this battle would still be decided by the skill and abilities of the opposing commanders alone.

"Very well then. All Ships hold position and have all starfighters remain on stand-by for deployment." Hamilton ordered "We'll let them come to us first." he said confidently. As the High Regent once told him, the wisest thing a naval commander could do is let his enemy strike first as doing so would enable him to know what his foe at his disposal while his enemy would still be oblivious to any potential surprises that he might have in store. Staying true to the High Regent's advice, Hamilton would simply wait for his foe to make the first move simply cross his arms across his chest as he watched the enemy fleet began to move towards his fleet from the bridge of his flagship. "Your move" the Admiral proceeded to mutter as he fixed his gaze upon the enemy flagship as if to incite the enemy to attack his fleet.

Tags [Final Dawn] | Brodan Dobson Brodan Dobson
Tags [Galactic Alliance] | Don Don Dono

div1.png
JAKKU - IN ORBIT
SENATE CONFERENCE ROOM

Projected from a sleek, polished-black mechno-chair came the hologram of Caulder Dune. The hologram, much like the umbaran himself, wore his perpetual, frowning look of dissatisfaction. The folly of youth? He scoffed, audibly, and shook his head. Senator Vahl and the Chancellor were separated by only a few short years, if that.​
Well. Far be it for him to nitpick… Or to muster the effort to pretend to believe the stated motivations.​
"Setting the stage to divide the Office of the Chancellor against itself will not benefit the Galactic Alliance," he said, each word chiseled out of air with a mechanical coldness, "The Commerce Guild condemns this proposal."​
Wherever Caulder was, he settled deeper and comfortably into his seat, resting his chin in his hand. He was content to watch this play out without any further input. Years ago, he would have at least enjoyed watching the grasping vultures behind this justify themselves. But now he was old. So old. He could feel it, even under the cybernetics.​
All this just made him tired.​

Rriss'aboumo'vrumi

R

selvaris1.png
678th Frontier "Lanever Villecham" Task Force
Battlegroup Kenobi

div1.png

It would seem that the battle would begin.
"Commander Dono!, Fleet Scan has detected a large flotilla of Final Dawn Warships ahead of us. It seem they caught wind of our assault on Selvaris" : Technical Officer Koralus said, glancing over to the tactical screens scattered around the bridge. A sense of unease soon fell over the command staff on the bridge of the ANS Vober Dand as the red dots far outnumbered the green dots on the battlefield. Dono could not blame them if they wanted to withdraw from the battlefield and live to fight another day. "Hey!, we may be outnumbered and outgunned. But the Alliance is counting on us to distract the final dawn long enough for our forces on the ground to secure victory!" A young and perhaps foolish ensign exclaimed with passion to raise morale on board. That seemed to do the trick for the rest of the command and technical support staff as they raised their hands in the air and went back to work.

Dono could only smile for just a brief moment before returning his gaze back to the battlefield ahead. The 678th Frontier Task Force would be outmatched in terms of starfighters and direct firepower. But when it comes to naval battles, the commander in charge made up the difference. Although it would seem that the Final Dawn was not content on engaging them at this time more than likely waiting for them to make the first move.

"This is Commander Dono of the ANS Vober Dand, all vessels move into pattern v formation." : He issued a command through the headset as the flagship and fifteen other vessels within his fleet moved into a v formation with the lead vessel forming the back of the v. A plan was slowly coming together within his mind, a risky endeavour but one that might prove invaluable. "I want a squadron of C59 Crossfire Starfighter's deployed to target their flagship." To anyone with a sane mind this would be a suicidal effort but his time within the factories gave him an unorthodox viewpoint.

Once that command was acknowledged by the squad commander. The 12 starfighters would move from the hanger of the ANS Vober Dand and through the v formation established. Each vessel within the v formation would use their tractor beams on the starfighter squadron as they moved through space. A complex variant of the Slingshot Maneuver once used by Grand Admiral Thrawn.

The Slingshot Maneuver would speed up these 12 starfighters considerably slinging them ahead like a bullet through space towards the Final Dawn Fleet of Kaine Hamilton Kaine Hamilton , targeting the flagship in an attempt to disable it.

"Break formation, engage the enemy battlegroup with primary batteries. Only 6% charge." Commander Dono said once the maneuver had been executed. The fleet would engage primary thrusters and move ahead to engage the enemy fleet in a direct firefight. Although this was only light laserfire to draw the enemy in at this time.

Last edited by a moderator:
selvaris1.png

Tags: Vector Monk Vector Monk

"Who's out there?!"

"A much better archaeologist," the familiar disembodied voice replied. "Not to mention a much better-looking man."

Despite Vector's paranoia, the late Professor Nimdok was rarely a genuine apparition in his rival's delusions. He had been content to let Vector stew in his guilt; madness would do the rest. But here and now, he felt compelled to make an actual appearance. Though he didn't know what exactly had drawn him to this point, it was great fun to haunt Vector from beyond the grave.

"Remind me again, Mr. Monk. How many journals and papers have you published in your long and storied career?" the ghost asked coyly. "My works are still occasionally being published posthumously. Strange how people can take more of an interest in you after you're dead, hm? I wasn't nearly as appreciated in life as I am now..."

Miri liked to think that it took a great deal of convincing to get her to leave her home and family for the battlefield. Something big—like a sighting of Vector Monk near some ruins on Selvaris—was needed to awaken the slumbering dragon in her and reignite her quest for revenge.

Squeezing into her environmental suit (apparently she still had some postpartum weight she needed to work off), she stalked the jungles, on the hunt for her father's killer.

She found the castoffs of the expedition. Collapsed slaves, dead or dying from exhaustion, served as a breadcrumb trail, allowing her to track their movements. She did what she could for the workers and kept moving.

Eventually, she heard a shout up ahead. Lowering herself further beneath the cover of the undergrowth, she spotted the remnants of the expedition. She took aim with one of her pistols, her heart pounding in her ears. Their leader's pith helmet-clad head fit neatly into her sights.

This one's for you, Dad.

She pulled the trigger.

OCF_roundel.svg

SHIHON3.png

revenent.png

B - W I N G _ D O W N

SHIHON
B-WING HEAVY STARFIGHTER

Galactic Alliance
Brotherhood of the Maw

“B-Wing down, we’ve got a B-Wing down…”

The world outside the cockpit was chaos, flashing past too quickly to comprehend. Objects flew by in all directions, left to right and top to bottom, little more than blurs of colour. One moment the horizon was normal; the next, it was canted on an impossible angle. Explosions blossomed all around amid a crisscross of laser fire. Inside the cockpit was no better - a deafening cacophony of alerts and alarms mixed with dozens of warning and indicator lights flashing across the control console.

Colonel Then Chaar unleashed another string of Umbarran curses. His right hand vice gripped the flight stick, trying to level out the B-wing and stop its out-of-control spin down through the atmosphere of Shinon. His left hand danced across the control panel as he sought the right combination of inputs to bring the heavy starfighter’s power core back online. He fought to stay conscious as he was pinned into the side of his acceleration couch by the inertia of his tumble toward the surface below.

It wasn’t meant to end like this.

The Alliance’s feint at Selvaris needed to be believable. Chaar has volunteered Revenant Squadron - the Starfighter Corp’s most elite unit - to help sell the invasion to the Maw. While Revenant has been out of the skies in recent months, the pilots of the Maw would remember the heavy tolls Revenant had left among their squadrons.

But there was a catch - Chaar and a handful of pilots would join the mission to secure the Shihon hyperlane, claiming the glory of such a critical mission.

Revenant had spearheaded the fighter push into Shihon, and Chaar had been seconds from claiming his first kill when disaster struck and his B-wing suffered a fatal hit. But not from an enemy blast - that would have been acceptable - but rather a rookie pilot who clipped him while dodging a gas-bag. Chaar was now tumbling uncontrollably toward the surface of Shihon, with no power or way to call for help.

For all his glory and accolades, a most undignified death awaited Tren Chaar.

TpwTGCN.png

SHIHON3.png

Objective 3: Open the Gates to Exegol
Equipment: Blackwolf (Launchers 1&2 loaded with Intruder Missiles, Ventral Launcher loaded with Discord Missiles)
Allies: GA, R9-K4 "Keeper", Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el Iris Arani Iris Arani
Enemies: Maw, Khione Khione
Commanding: 1x Squadron of 8 T-65XN "Wolf-X" fighters ("Nemesis"), 1x Squadron of of 12 ES01 E-wing multirole starfighters ("Watchman")

Ari could hear the callouts through her radio as the fighters of Nemesis Squadron, recognized the green flashes followed by the very distinctive silhouettes of Chir'shada Uglies, one of the squadrons sent to screen before them suffering large casualties to the explosions. Looks like the flock of my little songbird. While most of the TIEs and other pilots in the area either lacked the skill to track her by atmospheric disturbances or were too busy engaging in their own dogfights, Ari knew that her quarry was far too cunning to let her get by. No, now was time for her to take the fight to the enemy.

Rolling her X-wing, Ari pulled up into a steep dive while slamming the throttle into its "full" position, almost immediately having to dodge a gas-bag as she did so. She juked and rolled at incoming fire as she keyed up her ventral launcher and sent a Discord Missile into the fast-approaching squadrons, hopefully weakening the resistance her X-wings and E-wings would face when they joined this fight. As soon as she saw the stuttering, lagging, difficult to track image of one of the deathshades, she knew it had to be her quarry. Adjusting her dive, she shot past the stuttering image at supersonic speeds before pulling up and level, goading the beautiful but deadly pilot once more into their dangerous game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom