Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Annihilation Final Eclipse | GA Annihilation of Exegol

affafacfasw.png

Then

Gold Squadron had not had much time to get to know their new commander during the trip out to Exegol. He'd done his best to make an effort with each of them, and they were easy to get along with. Rewriting the tactical book wasn't something they had time for, but Jack did take a moment to outline a particular strategy they might want to employ. "So, let me tell you how I survived the Battle of Selvaris..." he began.

Jack told the story of the brave sacrifice of Slipstream Squadron, and the last heroic action of one of his squadmates which had given him the chance to save himself. He explained the simple insanity of what he had done, and how he had done it, leaving out how scared he was the entire time.

When he was finished, they were all nodding, even the rookies. The plan wasn't subtle, or earthshatteringly brilliant. It was simple, and gave them what Jack believed to be a good chance of doing substantial damage, and a good chance of surviving the apocalyptic battle soon to be raging above the home of the Sith. They'd certainly not expect such apparent lunacy.

Now

Jack felt that he'd held his nerve and the flight's straight and fast approach as long as he could. "Break now!" He called, an instant before space lit up with the fire from defensive cannons and anti starfighter batteries, trying to knock the Y-Wings out of the sky. Ponderous at the best of times, the bombers angled smoothly away from their attack runs, avoiding the counterfire. Not a moment too soon, the enemy gunners knew their business, and the Squadron very narrowly avoided being blasted from the sky en masse.

Explosions from seemingly nowhere dotted the system, distracting Jack for a brief second. Out of the corner of his eye he saw... things. They looked big, alive and they looked evil. The situation had been grim, now it was getting seriously horrific. He needed to protect his squadron, and there was only one way to do that. And now, while things were happening elsewhere.

Gritting his teeth in his own cockpit, Jack realized, it was now or never, fire from the enemy command ship was filling the sky. "Selvaris." Said Jack over the squadron comm. They all knew what that meant, and Jack hoped the enemy wouldn't see it coming. All twelve of Gold Squadron's Y-wings went evasive, corkscreweing wildly in toward the capital ship. The pilots were skimming dangerously close to the hull to avoid as much defensive fire as possible. Then they fell into wingpairs, and disappeared from view, having elegantly and efficiently penetrated the enemy hangar, laser cannons blazing a path before them. "Holy crap. We're in." Jack said, to himself.

With Jack in the thick of them, all twelve craft successfully squeezed into the open space, hovering there like a school of angry carnivorous fish. Two of them turned fully around to cover the hangar entrance, and then another two beneath them. The four craft on guard readied laser cannons and cluster missiles to repel any attempt to retake the hangar from space. They were prepared to shred any enemy fighters that came sniffing around the hangar entrance.

Eight Y-wings including Jack's Gold One were left to continue firing, blasting the walls and everything else in the hangar space with laser cannon fire. Not all of them had a clear shot, of course, but those that did began carving the ship from the inside out. They would spread out as space became available, taking shots of opportunity. The bombers were all tightly packed into the available internal space, maneuvering carefully to avoid any collisions.

With four of their number covering the hangar bay entrance, the enemy couldn't get at them with their powerful weapons and hordes of starfighters. For now Gold Squadron would only make use of their laser cannons, not yet able to use their more powerful weapons in the confined space. Even showing this caution, there was a great danger of secondary explosions, and they were taking a risk.

Jack's plan was to carve out some space for them, and then to let the big ship have some massive internal damage. Jack had high hopes, at Selvaris he'd managed to seriously damage a capital ship with just his one TIE fighter. This time he had a dozen bombers, all heavily laden with ordnance. He expected to do better than twelve times as much damage, twelve times faster. Ships were not built to survive such internal mistreatment, let alone continue functioning.

Short of blowing up their own command ship, there wasn't much Jack could see that the enemy crew could do to root out the little creeping death inside them. Ria's disapproval at his crazy maneuver was palpable with the little astromech dead silent. The very fact that his plan was totally bonkers and unorthodox was the only reason Jack had any confidence that the enemy would not have a ready counter to hand. They had options, certainly, but none of them were ideal. Gold Squadron were making themselves known to the enemy in a most unpleasant fashion.

affafacfasw.png

bgkn.png

Commodore Cynthia Alucard
Objective One:
Star Wars, Phase 1
Actions: Send out her Battlegroup into battle and assist the rest of the Alliance forces
(Flag Ship) Strict Justice Hydian-class Tactical Carrie
Guiding Light Hydian-class Tactical Carrie (All X-Wings launched form their Hangers)
Terrible Star CR-37 FarStar-Type Corellian Carrier (All X-Wings launched form their Hangers)
Cruel Justice CR-37 FarStar-Type Corellian Carrier (All X-Wings launched form their Hangers)
Painful Verdict CR-37 FarStar-Type Corellian Carrier (All X-Wings launched form their Hangers)
14x Starbird-class Patrol Ship (7 Were sent forward to act as Overwatch and Assist X-Wings on their Hunt if needed)
38x Squadrons SS01 X-wing Space Superiority Starfighter (5 Sent to Hunt the Drop-Ships and Transports of the Final Dawn and Nomadic Peoples)
12x Squadrons B-wing Assault Starfighter (Awaiting Orders)

The holo-display in front of Cynthia served many purposes, one of which allowed her to carefully weigh her options against enemy fleets. Her hands remained behind her back, her fingers softly tapping against her other hand as she continued to explore and plan her future orders. The situation over the planet of Exegol was a rather grim one to say the least, the previous battles in the Shihon and Oyokal systems seemed as if the Maw was on their last leg. But it seems the Imperials of the East sees this as a chance to give us a bloody nose. A part of her wanted to sneer, she resisted and kept her neutral expression steady.

I do want to yell at someone though. . . Cyn clicked her tongue against the roof inside her mouth, her frustrations finally making a sound. Though she still felt slightly justified to request a strengthened battle-group, an additional Carrier meant more Starfighter screens and bombers for attack runs. It gave her much needed force projection, the flexibility to direct a larger impact on the field of battle. Which also means larger responsibility for those under my command.

Cyn enjoyed her assignment of assisting one of the flanks of the main Alliance fleet fighting for control over Exegol. It allowed her both with enough flexibility to provide future air-support for their ground invasion, and of course kept her focus on a relatively small sector of space. So I just need to keep my section of space Maw free and keep as much of my battle-group combat effective.

“Have half the Starbird Patrol Crafts push ahead and provide overwatch for five wings of X-Wings to go check on those drop-ships that are leaving the Imperial fleet.” Cyn ordered, her eyes narrowing on what she initially couldn’t recognize as either Empire or Maw ships. Perhaps its the other Imperial group, the Final Dawn. Cyn had read the reports and figured the nomadic Imperial group would have simply cut their losses and ditch the Maw to their inevitable demise. But if they’re going to reinforce the ground defenses of the Maw, I guess I should keep them honest and make it easier for when our boys hit the ground below.

"It's open season on those transports, I don't want those Imperials making the defenses on the surface more difficult for our ground-pounders." Cyn added, the Comm Officer next to her nodded and swiftly began to relay her orders to the rest of the battle-group.

“Have the Guiding Light empty their hangers, I want their X-Wings ready to assist with any responses the Imperials may throw at us, with them and the Patrol Ships we’ll see how they test our screens.” Cyn commanded, the other Comm Officer turned quickly to add to the rest of the orders she had given.

If the enemy wanted to protect their drop-ships, they'd either send out their own starfighters, or they would come into closer engagement. Either way, Cyn figured with the main Alliance fleet nearby, she could leverage the other Capital Ships against the Final Dawns if they wanted to approach her with their larger vessels. I make their lives difficult and minimize my own exposure. . . Cyn hoped they would settle with just Starfighter combat.

“Let’s make sure our CR-37’s feel secure about their positions. I want their hangers emptied as well. If we see a wave of TIE fighters or other smaller starfighter crafts I want our battlegroup ready for them.” Cyn looked at her next free Comm Officer with fierce eyes.
Shame, I should have brought my ear-plugs just in case I’m forced to hear the screams of TIEs all day.

Wearing: See above
Equiment: Lightsaber, RSKF-44 Heavy Blaster, Personal Armour, Ion grenade, Thermal detonator

Fast.

The strike had not been charged with lethal intent. After all, it was a large freighter, and he needed to pinpoint the location of the asset. If someone was bound to help in that regard, it was the powerful force-sensitive exiting the cockpit. However, it was not often that someone could evade him. Less so when he got the drop on them.

Crouching on the ground, the man in black stood up slowly to his considerable height as she taunted him. The loth-cat was out of the bag, and there was no point in

In his mind, he was already profiling her. Analyzing the way she moved, how she spoke. She was skilled, but also arrogant, he noted as she spouted some Dun-Möch his way. She hadn't even identified him as enough of a threat to pull out her weapons. Which did not mean she was defenseless, but it played to his advantage, nevertheless, and she did not know he was a force user himself... Yet.

Her face was obscured by the shroud, but there were another number of factors to consider. The pitch of her voice suggested youth, yet her presence in the force and the fact she was in charge of this operation made him weary of mistaking that for inexperience. He was considerably larger than her, however, and the way the robes flowed around her form suggested a much more petite and lithe physique. There was every possibility she was naturally faster than him, but he had ways around that, and he was sure to be physically stronger.

Slowly, he began pacing, jet helm fixed upon her, regarding his opponent much like a predator might its prey. "Please. You could not handle my best, girl," he remarked in a dismissive fashion, his helmet modulating his voice, which did not entirely conceal the deep, gruff nature of his voice. "The only reason you still breathe is because you are... inconsequential," he asserted. Not entirely true, naturally, but she didn't need to know that. "Your death matters little in the grand scheme of things. And to sully my hands with your blood is quite frankly, beneath me,"

His helmet's augmented reality system catalogued potential escape routes and assets... or threats, in the likely event that violence arose. When two force-sensitives clashed, their very environment could be weaponized. It was not uncommon for one of them to fall because they were not sufficiently aware of their surroundings.

"One of two things is going to happen now," he informed her. "One, we do this the easy way. You hand over Project Jareth and I allow your cocky little self to live. Carry out the rest of your little smuggling operation, and save some face," he suggested in an attempt to push her buttons. "Or two... I make you give it to me. Best case scenario, you find mercy in death," he rocked his head side to side, as if in consideration. "But more likely, you find yourself prisoner to a broken body, with naught but your shattered mind to keep it company," he concluded as he came to a stop in a spot he considered tactically advantageous, a slight bend to his knees as his center of mass dropped, ready for action. "I suggest you choose wisely."

fwefewf.png

Equipment: Lightsaber, Voidsaber, SHT-26 "Bedevil" Heavy War Bike
Tags: Thomas Barran | Aoki Mira | Open

GM1OQzU.png

Superious had flooded the Citadel with monsters, and some were not been cared for in decades their hungry crazed snarling echoed all around him as he released them in waves. He wasn't part of the experimentation, as he was usually at war or menacing lost Jedi who cross his path. Both were equally fun. They say war is hell, but wars are necessary to expand and rule.

Well, most of the time, some are indeed ridiculous and petty. Going to war over a boundary dispute is petty, especially when it is only the size of a shoe and not that important. However, it was a huge deal to those fighting over it. What would the victor do with it?

The Sith had to laugh at how stupid people can be.

Superious volunteered to carry out this task, the Ubese had counted the cages so he knows how many to release, and to where. The battle seemed to be concentrated north of where he is. Many enemy soldiers had entered this location only to be set upon by angry Sith Monsters, one spat acid judging by the haze.

He wasn't completely safe from where he is, a few had tried to climb up to reach him. None succeeded, as he wasn't an easy prey item to get at. There were far more easy targets towards the north entrance, the screams and crunching echoed as more monsters surged out. So far his position has not been compromised, which means he can start directing monstrosities southwards as well. Cover all bases, that was the second lesson he had been taught by his old master. That and pain.

There was one cage that he had yet to open, a particularly foul one that looked like a mix of every monster you can think of and then some. Using force, he opened the cage and leapt higher to be sure to stay out of jaw or acid range.

The hideous monster circled a few times and then, thundered down the northern passageway, clearly on a frenzied warpath.

Last edited:

Objective: Engage Imeperial sappers
Tags: Nukth Kelga'an Nukth Kelga'an
Gear:
Lightsaber
Blaster Pistol
Stun grenades
Recon kit
Reaver Combat armour - Bright yellow and black
Buckler shield
Razor wheel skates

Untitled562_20230203144756.png
Sayuri had been part of an advanced expedition to Exegol ahead of the main force. Whatever the crimes of the rulers of this world, there were still civilians here and they needed to be protected while the Alliance cut the head off of the Mawite snake. The padawan had been sent out to scout the perimeter that has been set up near the slave town that helped supply a workforce to the Sith Citadel. through her macrobinoculars she Could see movement nearby one of the bridges that allowed the Alliance to ferry wounded out of the area. The markings though were not Maw and they were certainly not Alliance. She needed to get closer, but between them and her was a hot zone, only narrow route had been cleared that APCs could just about make it through safely. If the Alliance lost that bridge they could be cut off here and their relief mission put in jeopardy.

<<This is Sayuri Hatoko, visual contact made with.....>> The padawn winced as her radio screamed back with a distorted whine, radio problems were all to common on this expedition. <<Come in base... ...chit!>> she was out of contact. Yuri needed to address this quickly so could not afford to return to base and get help. She was a Jedi Padawan, she should be capable of performing a recon task, so she headed forwards.

Sparks flew as she accelerated on her wheels and crouched low, her HUD updated her as she moved on her path, attempting to pick the best route, but the interference made it less than ideal so it was on her to make sure she didn't run into a mawite trap. It would only take her a couple of minutes to cross the few kilometres to the bridge at the speeds she was capable of, but she had to take care of debris and potential ambush spots. She kept her saber in hand, just in case she needed it in a pinch but was lucky, approaching the bridge unhindered and watching as several soldiers, early in Imperi uniforms planted explosives on the supports around the bridge, they looked like they were almost done, so she had to act. She continued forward and they immediately opened fire on the yellow padawan. Her saber hummed into life and she began blocking them one after the other. Her energy shield also took several hits before she finally founds cover a few dozen metres from the nearest storm troopers.

Yuri had to breath for a few seconds to recentre herself before she stepped out, her wheels had slipped up her calves so she could walk on foot now. She stepped out with her lightsaber in one hand and her glowing shield in the other. "Imperials! this bridge is part of an Alliance relief mission, please stand down and remove your explosives." it was worth a shot right? At least the answered quickly, shouting at her to clear off and opening fire again. Sayuri blocked the shots and began running at the storm troopers, she did not wish to kill them, but had to defend this position. As she got close she held out the hand with her buckler on it and a telekinetic blast thrust him hard against the wall, winding him and putting him down. His two allies continued trying to shoot past her defensive style. She was only a padawan, but Orron and Soresu made her a hard target to put down. "This is your last chance Imperials, kark off and leave this bridge one!" she was beginning to get angry and felt one of the bolts wing her. Quickly she took cover and popped a Stun grenade off of her belt. She rolled it towards the pair of Imperials and heard the pop of its detonation.

The padawan peered round the corner and saw the last of the squad running back to his bike, clearly to report the failure of their position. She had no reason to chase him down, but instead went over to the Imperials she had incapacitated. She picked up one of their radios and spoke into it, trying to raise their Commander ( Nukth Kelga'an Nukth Kelga'an ) <<Imperial commanders responsible for Bridge nine-four-titan, please respond, this is Padawan Hatoko of the New Jedi Order>> the radio crackled and she fiddled with the settings, trying to see if their was a boost mode or something on it. <<Imperial commanders responsible for Bridge nine-four-titan, please respond, this is Padawan Hatoko of the New Jedi Order, I need to discuss the status of this bridge>> she repeated, awaiting a response.

She hoped he would respond soon as the Imperial had clearly reached his own lines as several light mortar rounds exploded near her and it was only a matter of time before reinforcements arrived.

safeafwasfwasfc.png

Allies: Maw, Kybo Ren Kybo Ren Eschara Ren Eschara Ren
Enemies: Jedi, Sith, Valery Noble Valery Noble Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

Kyrel stalked the desolate halls with a murderous rage one hasn’t witnessed in a long time. Kyrel this time was consumed by hatred. There was never a burning hatred like his, for all of his life he knew nothing but such. His Mother for keeping her Jedi heritage a secret from him, The First Order for using him as a weapon, the Sith for raising him up from his grave and condemned him to a living hell. Still with his death seen in the Force he had one last thing that Ren had clung into the most which was his eternal hatred for Valery. If he was going to die she would go down with him, and all with the work of the Sith. He would die with some semblance of peace if not through rage and fury alone.

The halls were empty, hardly anyone had blocked his stride through the white halls. He was a shroud of darkness surrounded by the light of the Jedi, a fitting place where Kyrel would witness the end of everything. His saber gripped tightly to his fingers, he could feel the familiar symbiotic rage that fed to and fro from master and weapon alike. His stride took him closer and closer to the dyad in the Force, for once Kyrel would not lose he was determined to show the Nobles how powerful he had grown since his hunger had consumed Panatha in its entirety. The spirits of the Sith he had consumed was within him now, and even as he made his brisk stride towards the Jedi he felt taunting him, leading him to them. Kyrel was more eager to meet them to show how terrifying he would be.

After several minutes the hulking darkness emerged to a set of open blast doors. With a blast from the Force the blast doors would fly from the hinges. What emerged through sparks from the flung doors was Kyrel Ren with his crimson blade ignited in one hand, the crackling of the unstable blade mixed well with his loud roar. “RAAAGHHH!!” He would let out with his sights soon looking upon his old adversary on the other side of the platform of the observation deck.

The Master of Ren fixated his gaze upon the two Jedi, and after what felt like an eternity. His steps were heavy as he slowly started to advance towards the two. “Time to pay the debt you owe, woman!” He said his steps turning into heavy stomps. He would slowly advance towards them determined to use his mastery of Djem So to completely overwhelm them. The crackling hum of Vader’s Bane mixed with his steps had created a tension filled whirlwind. Just as a storm would he was prepared to kill the both of them, but who would make the first move?

affafacfasw.png

Exegol
Lightsaber | Outfit
Battlegroup Kenobi
div-orange.png
"Right away," she confirmed and Kahlil was quick to get to work. All around the room, he created runes to help them in this fight. She didn't understand everything about how they worked, but she had seen them in action many times before and knew just how much of a difference they could make. From the protection of others to the complete destruction of massive Sithspawn beasts, they were going to be useful.

"Fire and ice, hm?" Valery grinned with a sparkle in her eyes. "I can do fire." If his runes created it, she'd be able to further manipulate the flames as well. Plans for it were already forming in her mind, and she liked the prospect, but his comment abruptly drew her out of that focus, had her turn to him, and slowly raise an eyebrow.

"I'd be careful if I were you," she shot him a grin and maintained eye contact for just a little longer. Their clash with the Wrath was imminent, so this was their last chance to joke around and smile. Now it was time to uphold the promise they made to each other, and defeat this terrible evil so they could return home together.

"RAAAGHHH!!"

Valery's fiery gaze shifted to the entrance, as Kyrel Ren Kyrel Ren entered the room and destroyed the blast doors she had so kindly opened for him. To just feel his presence made Valery's stomach turn, but seeing him in person was far worse. He was the face of death and destruction in her eyes, and even though her husband had opened her up to the idea of redemption, there was only one possible conclusion today.

She was here to kill him.

"Took you long enough to try and collect it," Valery said before she turned her eyes to Kahlil one last time, and shot him a wink. Then she answered the unspoken question, as her violet blade ignited and her body sprung into action. Like a lightning bolt, Valery avoided each and every rune, as she closed the distance, gritted her teeth, and swept her blade into an attack that would mark the beginning of the end for Kyrel Ren.

quinnposttop.png

//: Exogal, Throne Room //:
//: Vesta Zambrano //:

nAEbAR.png
Why?

It was a simple question, one that she asked herself over and over. It was only recently that she felt the gut-wrenching feeling of Alina perishing. The Echani wanted to find her murderer, but she knew Alina wanted her to move forward. Fingers danced against her lips as she let her mind spiral deep in thought. So many people weaved into her life. Despite her wanting to keep them, they found ways to leave. And yet, one remained no matter how many times they had abandoned her - they were still there.

"Vesta."

Her lips curled around each syllable of the cursed woman's name. The word still rolled off her tongue as if Quinn had called her name numerous times before this.

Quinn continued down the hallway, her footsteps silenced by the screams of the dying. Wait for me. Quiet thoughts as she pushed the door open, unphased by the carnage laying at Vesta's feet. Simply dressed, the pale woman brushed her blond hair from her face while taking in the scene.

Calmly, she moved towards Vesta and questioned, "Did you do it?" Quinn stopped, her voice almost sounding hopeful, "Did you change this reality?"

Last edited by a moderator:

Kahlil_Div2.png

"He seems angry."

Kahlil chuckled a little as the door was ripped from it's hinges and Kyrel stepped into view. A nervous chuckle. A man with nothing to loose was the scariest of all, especially when they were the unnatural that Kyrel was. Just being around him was chilling enough. Literally, as the dark he exuded seemed to fill the room with an unnatural cold. It was just another part of it he knew he didn't miss from his own time as Sith.

The time for snark was over, though. As Valery darted forward to literally kick this last fight off, the larger figure raised his hand. Pulled on the Force. A flash of light set into one of the runes just underneath where Kyrel stepped. Ice shot up, freezing the very air in an instant to try and catch him. Leave him open to Valery's coming strike. For now, he'd play support.

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Kyrel Ren Kyrel Ren

hold on, i can make this worse

fwefewf.png

THE EMPIRE | THE RED HONEYCOMB
PHASE 1: APPROACHING EXEGOL

X5Yx2PB.png
“Tallies over there.” The angle of her helmet’s forehead tilted to indicate the trooper that looked just like everyone else, but with a series of lines and crosses on the side of their helmet. She made a clicking noise at the edge of her mouth.

It was a morbid thing to do, betting expectations of who’d fall victim to the cruelties of the planet below, but so far, other than the two of them, there’d be no consistency in their teams.

Whether it be enemy fire, poor expansion planning and regard for the locale, malnourishment, or any other thing, tragedy and unyielding circumstances seemed to befall Kopma and Veron all too frequently.

Frequently enough that they could bet their, and others, lives on it by now. Morbid as it was, it was a better way to contend with their lot in life.

The betting had started on their third mission together. Or, at least Vilu’s side. Castian took at least two more operations to get over his initial professionalism-related apprehension.

It had been on some planet, she couldn’t remember now, but she remembered looking at Turtle (affectionately nicknamed because he was a little lumbery, and everyone swore he slept in his helmet), elbowing Castian, and betting a cigarra on Turtle’s demise. Not how, just when. She’d been right.

And she’d happily puffed at her well-earned cigarra while Master Sergeant wrote up the report to their superiors and Turtle’s (Janto Yates, actually) next of kin.

“Two whole packs. That’s how sure I am.” If only her armour could expand to evidence the swell of confidence in her chest and shoulders. But the sentiment would have to do.

“Unless you pull a move like over — where was it again?”

Unseen beneath her helmet, Vilu’s gleaming eyes promised she knew the exact planet and exact scenario.

“Still don’t know how you managed that one. Luck I guess.”

Then their ship shuddered violently.

ALLIES | THE EMPIRE | ASHLAN CRUSADE | Castian Vero Castian Vero
FOES | THE GALACTIC ALLIANCE | THE NEW JEDI ORDER | THE BROTHERHOOD OF THE MAW | U IF U LOOKIN' AT ME FUNNY

fwefewf.png

F I N A L_E C L I P S E
Objective II : Shadow & Bone

FINAL DAWN
EXEGOL, UNKNOWN REGIONS

SHADOW HAND COMMAND
TASK FORCE LUMIYA

From his command chair, Sularen carefully watched the movement of the attacking Y-Wings as they made their attack run. To his surprise as soon as they began to feel the full might of the Prophet's Anti-Starfighter weaponry, the Y-Wings immediately broke off their attack but even as they pulled out they seemed to be keeping a close distance to the Prophet indicating that they hadn't given up on attacking the vessel. However the High Regent knew that with the amount of support ships nearby, an attack on his flagship would be impossible to achieve successfully especially with his escorts still intact and as such he was ready to forget those Y-Wings expecting them to be wiped out at any moment. However what he did not know was that those Y-Wings were being piloted by Jack Versio, but more importantly he certainly wasn't expecting what Versio would do next.

"Sir. We're detecting activity near one of our abandoned factories." one of the Sensor Officers said. "Alliance Special Forces perhaps?" Rackham said trying to guess what the source of this mysterious incursion. "Do we have any forces in the area?" Sularen inquired. "No sir. We cleared the area a few hours ago." the Troops Officer replied. "Must be hostiles then." Sularen concluded. "What if it might be our own allies?" Rackham suggested. "At this point they aren't our concern. As long as they aren't affiliated with the Final Dawn, Onrai's Cult or the Nomadic People's Coalition, their deaths are of no concern to me." Sularen replied in a cold tone. "Send in a squadron of Bombers, i want that Factory reduced to rubble." the High Regent ordered. He wasn't taking any chances especially if the source of the incursion was potentially hostile forces making their way towards the shipyards where the evacuation was underway. Any Mawites that would be caught in the attack would be nothing more then collateral damage.

Soon enough, a squadron of TIE Annihilators flew out of one of the Prophet's ventral hangars immediately making their way towards the factory where the incursion had been detected. As soon as they got in range they proceeded to bombard the factory with proton torpedoes with the ultimate objective of reducing the factory to rubble and leaving none of the potential intruders alive. As the Bombers made their mark, Sularen took some time to check the status of the evacuation on his datapad which was already 83% completed. Atleast they were making progress uninterrupted. Suddenly the Prophet's bridge start to shake a bit.

"Sir, there is disturbance one of the hangars." one of the Defense Officers stated. "Show me." Sularen requested. Soon Sularen's datapad was connected to one of the cameras in the affected camera. As soon as he gained connection, Sularen could see the source of the disturbance, a squadron of Y-Wings, the same that had aborted the attack on his flagship earlier, within one of the smaller hangars of his flagship. They were opening fire upon every part of the hangars, but seemed to be focusing on the walls specifically. Eventually one of the Y-Wings proceeded to randomly annihilate the section of the hangar containing the camera causing Sularen to all visual, but at least he now knew the source of the disturbance.

"What was it?" Rackham inquired. "It seems that a Squadron of Y-Wings have managed to slip through into our hangars and are wrecking havoc." Sularen stated. This caused Rackham to raise his eyebrow as if this scenario was familiar to him. "Enemy starfighters attacking the hangars?" he repeated. "That sounds...familiar". Sularen's aide then took out his datapad and began aggressively scrolling just as the Prophet shook once more as a result of the continued rampage of the Y-Wings. After a while Rackham found what he had been looking for. "Ah-ha!" he cried out. "I found it." he said. "Found what?" Sularen asked.

"This isn't the first time the enemy has utilized this maneuver" Rackham said. "At Selvaris, Admiral Hamilton's Flagship, the Purifier reported catastrophic damage after a single Alliance Starfighter entered the remains of a destroyed hangar proceeding to gut the interior of his battlecruiser with all it's might. It wasn't until the enemy fleet was forced to retreat that the attack ceased." Rackham proclaimed. "I believe whoever is in charge of those Y-Wings is the same person who performed such a maneuver against the Purifier." Rackham finished. "...and this time he has an entire squadron of heavy bombers to support him." Sularen added. "Exactly." Rackham said. "Very well then. If our enemy wants to use unorthodox tactics against us, then we'll use their own strategies against them. Patch me through to the Dispatcher, i have an idea on how to get rid of this annoyance."

Within a few minutes, the FDS Dispatcher which was already positioned near the Prophet began moving alongside it's starboard side, the very side of the ship where the hangar currently being attacked by Gold Squadron was located. "Sir. the Dispatcher is in position." the Captain of the Prophet said. "Good. Lower the Hangar's Magnetic Shields." Sularen ordered. After a few seconds the shields which were commonly utilized to protect the hangars of warships from the cold vacuum of space were immediately lowered. "The Shields have been deactivated." an engineering officer said. "Good. Tell the Dispatcher that they may fire when ready." the High Regent said while smirking.

Almost immediately, a trio of portside
Heavy Turbolaser Canons from the Autarch Star Destroyer opened fire upon the hangars first by targeting the four Y-Wings guarding the exterior of the hangar in the hopes of immediately wiping them out in order to target the rest of the Y-Wings inside the hangar. By cramming themselves into the hangars, the enemy Y-Wings had placed themselves in a vulnerable position and they were most certainly not expecting the Final Dawn to have one of their own warships attack their flagship just to clear them out, but that was exactly what the High Regent would do. After all unorthodox problems required unorthodox solutions. Even if the Prophet would take additional damage from the friendly fire, it would be enough to prevent even more catastrophic damage from the Y-Wings.

"Send a Squadron of Clawcraft to the affected hangar" Sularen ordered. "Just incase they manage to penetrate the interior of the ship. I do not want a single Y-Wing to escape unharmed." the High Regent proclaimed. Just as he ordered a Squadron of TIE Terminators would emerge from the main ventral hangar of the Prophet headed straight towards the attacked hangar. Hopefully by the time they would arrive, the Dispatcher would have already dealt with the attacking Y-Wings.

Tags [Final Dawn/Allies] | Onrai Onrai | Grand Shepherd Burtch Grand Shepherd Burtch | Brodan Dobson Brodan Dobson | Ira Sarrin Ira Sarrin | Gabriel Creed Gabriel Creed | John Jewl John Jewl | Naivia Ri Naivia Ri
Tags [BotM] | Eschara Ren Eschara Ren
Tags [Galactic Alliance] | Jack Versio Jack Versio
Tags [The Empire] | Primarion Hiperius Primarion Hiperius

8h5LpUP.png

Exegol Phase 1
Tag: Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el

Cuyy6In.png

Locking blades together Romund listened to Jasper's response. Speaking as though they would fulfill his wish but likely in an undesired manner. Even if he slayed the Jedi here and now Romund was unsure if he could even take the weapon for himself. A blade forged in the light might be even too radiant for him to even hold.

He noticed Jasper readying a telekinetic push of their own. However, instead of moving with it as his opponent had with Romund’s own pull, he decided to try to push against it. Which he was only mildly successful at standing against. It causes him to lose some balance and stumble back. Throwing off his footing as another strike came for him overhead.

Romund couldn’t create a hardy defense against the attack and stone wall it. Instead falling back on how he used to fight, before he altered his body so heavily, a time when he was more agile and mobile. Unable to defend against the attack he tried to subvert it. Holding his cane up to meet the luminescent claymore and have the blade slide away only enough.

From there Romund moved his weapon dynamically with the flow of Jaspers own attack to attempt a parry and riposte. The movements were rather rigid and flimsy given his footwork as well as the nature of his weapon not being very dexterous, but he committed himself to it nonetheless. With the aim to thrust the cane’s stiletto blade into to Jasper's mechanical shoulder, and cripple their capabilities. They'd gotten a hit on Romund and he wanted to return the favor,
tit for tat...

"What - brave prey - you are."

At the sound of an eerily accented voice, Thelma's gaze fell upon a humanoid figure crawling atop one of the craft. Or rather, a strange creature clutching a writhing human body, which they then flung at her violently.

She caught the man's body with the Force, then moved to gently set him aside. Something was clearly wrong with him. She could smell it. But she would have to deal with that problem later, as the creature had hopped down from the starship and was coming at her with a pipe. Thelma raised her blade, ready to defend herself, but waited for her opponent to strike first.

The closer they got, the more familiar their scent seemed. "What are you?" she asked, her brow furrowing.

The Manifold had been designed as an automaton, a mechanical servant with specific tasks to fulfill. They brought warnings to those organics who trespassed in Omni's realm or attempted to threaten the Droid God's designs, and they battled those who persisted in their blasphemy. They had never been meant to become more than that, to think for themself beyond the simple cognition required to accomplish their preset goals. They did not make small talk. They did not hesitate in carrying out their functions.

They were meant to be part of a system, not an individual. But the system was gone now. Only they remained.

Perhaps that meant they were now obsolete, destined to fade from galactic relevance, to crumble into forgotten dust just like Omni's afterlife. Or perhaps that meant they needed to change, to leave behind their past as one part of a whole and embrace individuality. Was that even possible for a purpose-built machine? Did they even want to change, to endure the strain of violating their innate directives and trying to become something new, or should they just accept that their time had passed?

Sooner or later, they would have to answer these questions. But not yet. Not until this one last punishment was carried out.

If they chose to change, it would be because of this gift. The Manifold held out a huge armored claw, the gauntlet larger than Mercy's head, and accepted the glowing purple shard. They could feel the presence within that crystal, the familiarity of it - another of their kind. A second decision now faced them. Should they use this soul, this one other entity that bore the mark of the Droid God's touch, to create a companion? Was it worthwhile to be the last two, instead of the last one? Or should they accept solitude?

They did not know. They had not been built to make decisions, only to obey orders.

The Manifold stowed the crystal away, placing it in a secure inner compartment. They would keep Freedom safe, and when this final task was complete, they would choose a future for the last of the Omni-Drones. But for now, all of their processing power would be needed to complete this mission of retribution. "We Show: Gratitude," The Manifold told Mercy. They would show that gratitude by keeping her safe, too. After all, she was about to enter the lair of the creature that had worked hard to enslave them both.

He had come very close to succeeding. She would need all the help she could get in order to defeat him.

The Manifold slipped through the rip in spacetime they had opened for Mercy, emerging beside her on the barren plains of Exegol. With another wave of their gauntleted hand, they sent out a wave of technomantic power, taking control of the nearby electronic systems. The same elevator that Mercy had escaped through, hidden in the ground to conceal the secret lab, rose up out of the dust and opened its doors. The Omni-Drone had easily overridden its security, putting it to work for the intruders instead.

The elevator would take them down, down, down.... into the belly of the beast.

---------------------------------​

No matter what will happen, we'll do it together.

Together. They had been so deeply, completely together for so long now that Kallan wouldn't know how to live without her. Even with his own body and his own fate back under his control, he knew he would spend his days with her. Keilara spoke eagerly of that future, of the life they could live, the children they could have. It was all so tantalizingly close, finally within reach. ~ I know you'll protect me, ~ he replied, offering her a smile. ~ But for now, we both have to protect Mercy, give her strength. ~

He remembered sharing his energy with Mercy during the birth of the twins, taking on some of the strain so that she could survive and escape. Now they were all going back into the same place where she had nearly died, taking all of them down to the Netherworld with her. They were three parts of a whole, and until they finished this, that was all they were able to be. ~ If you keep me strong, and I keep her strong, we can finish this. And when Tu'teggacha is gone, then that future really will be ours. ~

They just had to survive this final trial... the most dangerous one of all.

GAexegol.gif

Tags: Keilara Kala'myr Keilara Kala'myr

ChVAW7n.png

Today you face all the horrors you have done.

That voice, that dreaded voice he heard speaking in his mind, told the Taskmaster that he was all but out of time. Mercy had come back for her children... and for his rubbery head. Tu'teggacha could sense that she had not come alone. She had allies, a coalition of the warriors he had twisted into slaves of the Maw, now turned vengefully against him. All of his experiments, all of the torture he had inflicted, had been running up his figurative tab, and it seemed that the bill had finally come due.

His castle of pain was coming crashing down around him.

The Ebruchi shuddered as memories surfaced in his tainted mind - memories of being small and alone, hunted and hated. His childhood had been spent hiding from the adults of his own kind, those who despised him for the curse of his unnatural abilities. He still bore the scars of the beatings they had given him, poorly-healed wounds all over his knobby body, and the scars in his mind were deeper still. He had risen, yes, and punished them all. He had built a shadow empire on others' fear and agony.

But now it seemed that he was on course to end just as he had begun.

"Faster!" he screamed again, still desperate to find some escape. The mangled hyperdrive, his makeshift pathway into Otherspace, began to flicker and hum. Soon it would tear open the gateway he desired, granting him escape into an unassailable sanctuary... but would it be soon enough? His rise from oppressed to oppressor had only multiplied his enemies; the safety it had given him was fleeting at best. Now those enemies might prevent him from reaching safety.

"Send the mindless ones to the surface elevator," the Ebruchi barked, and one of his servants bowed in reply. All throughout the facility, the cages of the Ebruchized swung open, releasing a tide of insane mutants whose rubbery hides gave them unnatural endurance. Tu'teggacha did not expect them to be able to stop Mercy; she was too strong for that. But perhaps the sheer number of them would slow her down enough that he could escape with the twins.

The last time he would have to run. His final escape to the ultimate refuge.

He just needed a little more time.

Relationship Status: It's Complicated
ger-template.png

WEARING: xxx
WEAPONS: xxx | xxx | xxx
TAG: Danika Leventis Danika Leventis

It was their time. For a while now the Sith Order had waited in the shadows, growing in number, resolving their own internal conflicts. Some would even go as far as to say they were licking old wounds and healing from the many schisms which had led to the current iteration. Whatever the reasoning, Gerwald was not privilege to it. He only knew they had chosen this event to make themselves public to the rest of the galaxy at large.

The Maw were crumbling, they had been since the death of their supreme leader. Gerwald had heard his voice in the force storm when the Confederacy had attacked Rhand.

It was silent on Exegol.

They would be scattered. Gerwald knew this as though he had ever known anything. THe vacuum of leadership which had been left behind could not be filled, despite those who attempted to see the Maw continue with a vision they could not cast or bear. They were broken, and the Sith Empire was there to do what they did to broken things.

Destroy them completely.

Whatever they could take would be taken, and whatever they wanted would be theirs. It was a new way Gerwald was learning. His lesson had been centered around the one thing he had always wanted since the death of the woman he loved. Naedira was alive, freed from the clutches of the devourer which had held her captive for so long. Her memories, what of them could be salvaged from Gerwald’s mind, had pieced together. It was no longer a ring which held the woman to this world, but Gerwald himself was her anchor.

It was a dangerous thing Gerwald was doing, fighting. It was not only his life in the balance.

His boots crunched into the ground as he leaped from the drop ship. He was alone, no forces with him, no commando units to support his offensive or provide defense for him. As so many times before, Gerwald carried himself into battle as the warrior he was, sufficiently satisfied in his own skill and strength.

Chaos swirled around him as much of the fighting had already begun.

Good.

The battle around him would be exactly what he needed to track down anything from the collapsing empire which could be useful. He had faced their best before, and did not fear whatever remained. It would be a matter of time until he faced combat, but until then he carried himself toward the citadel. Something within the dark side itself drew him there. Whether it was a thing for him to take, or a life for him to end, he was unsure.

All he knew was that he would go where the force deemed he should go.​

Grand Shepherd Burtch

Fleet Commander For The Nomadic Peoples Coalition

IMG_2164.png

Divider12.png

Divider12.png

The enemy had arrived.

Various ships from various governments had emerged from the Galactic Barrier and had engaged with the maw defenders immediately. Boarders inside of gunships swarmed over opportunistic warships, finding openings in defenses as quickly as they could.

Burtch's own naval gunnery had contributed passively to defense. Not breaking formation in the void above Marlon Sularen Marlon Sularen 's fleet, he had passively committed batteries of turbolasers to shut down approach lanes. A flurry of turbolaser fire would converge on groups of gunships that had misjudged an approach vector for an opening in efforts to turn them back. The guns on his Ophanim Guard Destroyers had excellent accuracy, which seemed to help in a limited capacity. But they had blind spots which could be avoided.

But that was all that Burtch would commit to that effort.

Bomber units from the Galactic Alliance found an opening in the defense grid and began harassing the Prophet. Burtch considered sending a unit of DZA fighters to peel them off of Marlon Sularen Marlon Sularen 's flagship, but thought better of it. Such an act might get in the way of the Final Dawn's own defensive measures, and the High Regent was certainly more than capable of handling a single fighter squadron.

So, Burtch continued to keep focused on the evacuation effort. His own ships seemed to remain unmolested for the time being, but given the numbers, that would not last long.

He felt a twinge from his ship through his neural implant.

What is it? He asked through the bond he shared with his ship, Shii-Cho.

Carrier group. She replied. She said nothing else as the bridge sensor station chief began to make her report.

The report revealed that a carrier group with light escorts was targeting the evac Dropships. Five fighter squadrons were moving to intercept, with a contingent of 7 overwatching frigates backing them up.

I guess we better get to work, Burtch sent to his ship through their bond.

It's never work if you love what you do, sir. She seemed to reply glibly.

The corner of Burtch's mouth seemed to curl up slightly in spite of himself before he cleared his throat, "Flight Control, launch all fighters from all carrying capital ships. Deploy decoy drones and have them spoof gunfire with TECMIS to keep the enemy guessing which of our ships are real on their long range sensors. Order all six DZA squadrons from Shien to intercept their fighters with all 4 of our Obstruction Interceptor Corvettes as fire support. The Ophanim Guards will punish those frigates at the discretion of our gunnery chiefs."

Burtch nodded at his leading chief gunnery officer, and the commander took the stage, shouting to be heard, "all gun sections, set for full-salvo firing solutions! Engines, be prepared with boost mode to counter recoil! For the L91s, each destroyer picks one target! For the L101 ION canons, all four destroyers will share the fifth target! Wait until the moment of contact to fire! Leave the last two enemy frigates to the corvettes!"

"Execute." Burtch commanded, officializing the gunnery chief's orders into effect. Burtch felt a surge of respect for his new gunnery officer. The man showed the foresight of using Ion canons to disable one of the enemy corvettes. Ideally, by merely crippling one of the enemy number, it would hopefully force the enemy to dedicate units to rescuing said target.

Shii-Cho mused, Instead of neutralizing one target, he preoccupies several at once. Smart.

The noses of Burtch's star destroyers tilted up and towards the oncoming attackers. Fighters poured out of the hangars in rapid succession. The six squadrons from Shien broke off into a sprint, engaging cruise mode to their engines. The four interdictor corvettes nimbly veered after them, firing up their SLAM modules in order to keep up. The slight rumble of the massive turbolazers, rolling heavily on gun director tracks could be felt under his feet as they trained on to their designated targets.

Burtch turned his attention to the holographic tactical display as the swarm of nomadic ships began to exit visual range, now relying on sensor feeds. He watched as distance between the opposing forces converged together. Then, both the DZA fighters, and the corvettes, switched their engines over to their respective combat modes and slowed down.

Then, the first shots were fired.

Burtch lost track of who shot first, as his own bridge exploded with activity! The moment someone had fired the first shot in the two converging swarms, the bridge had tripped their collective hair trigger. He observed his gunnery staff calling out firing orders and shouting corrections as they attempted to bracket the enemy frigates in. He returned his attention to the holodisplay and saw that the wing commander of his DZA squadrons had chosen to fire his arsenal of cluster missiles in scattered salvos rather than all at once. This made perfect sense to Burtch as most modern fightercraft sported electronic and physical countermeasures for guided ordnance. By scattering the salvos, the efficacy of anti-missile defenses could potentially be reduced.

The wing commander had also ordered opening fire with all of their L51 triple lasers. The lasers on the DZA fighters had longer range than most other fighter craft, and were gimbal mounted with an extremely sophisticated fire control grid. At closing ranges, Burtch presumed, as the wing commander clearly did, that they would hold the advantage.

The Corvettes also opened up with their own arsenal. The Heavy FAE/SW-07 Hybrid Beam Cannons focused on the frigates, while the smaller version beam canons focused on whittling down the x-wings before the two swarms could combine into a furball. A small indicator on the screen showed that the corvettes had set their weapons to Ion mode to try and disable the two remaining untargeted frigates and whatever fighters they could hit. That made Burtch smirk. Clearly that had been a call made by the captain of Lady Nechzak.

He's still trying to impress me…

Don't let it go to your head.
Shii-Cho mocked.

You know it won't.

He turned his attention away from the fighter battle and decided he would wait for results to come in before he made any amendments to the plan.

He then shifted the display to show the Ragnarok. It was a massive ship that would cause many problems soon. He needed a foothold closer to the enemy lines to keep them from cutting off the evacuation efforts. Burtch keyed his comm and called up Ira Sarrin Ira Sarrin , "Bellum Canis, do you think that you can do anything about that dreadnought?"

TLDR:
  • Burtch has been taking pop-shots at enemy boarding craft.
  • Decoy Drones are deployed to create spoofed star destroyers to confuse enemy sensors and targeting
  • All fighters are deployed.
  • The DZA Fighters from Lady Shien (6 squadrons) are sent to intercept Cynthia Alucard Cynthia Alucard 's interception force along with the 4 corvettes in Burtch's Battlegroup.
  • Once the two forces converge, several things happen:
  • Burtch tries to get Ira Sarrin Ira Sarrin to attack Dasmi Lindervale 's SSD, Ragnarok.

Last edited:

Emberlyn Rekali

E

affafacfasw.png

New-Project.png

OBJECTIVE ONE - STAR WARS

ALLIANCE - Jack Versio Jack Versio | Tren Chaar Tren Chaar | Shar Sieu Shar Sieu | Leon Gallo Leon Gallo | Ari Naldax Ari Naldax

MAW - Wilhelm Vonreg Wilhelm Vonreg | Y'sanne Stradd Y'sanne Stradd | Marlon Sularen Marlon Sularen

CURRENTLY ENGAGING - NPC's/OPEN

SQUADRON - 12 X-Wing XJ-7 Elite Starfighters
w5LZSSK.png

JUST BEFORE....

e3cb44d0c426ccff91120d9546a2b3ae.jpg

Emberlyn gazed over the plans on her datapad, skimming through the various details of the upcoming assault. Rumor had it that, the assault force itself would be one of the largest since the start of the Second Great Hyperspace War. Emberlyn relished in that a bit, a historical feat that held many challenges. Emberlyn set the datapad down, moving away from the crates next to her fighter – her violet eyes gazed over the hull, admiring the starry finish. The fighter itself was old, by a lot of standards but boasted an impressive array of technology and weapons and until Twin Suns could find something else – this would have to do. The warble of Pixel, her mother's BB unit caught her attention, her gaze shifting to him.

"Ready to get some pre-flights done...?" She quipped as the droid beeped in reply and rolled beneath the X-Wing before being scooped up by the ship and inserted into the droid socket behind the cockpit. Ember nodded and climbed up into the snub fighter, grabbing her flight helmet and donning it. She'd flip on the power generator, causing the console to begin to light up, buttons flashing, Ember's hands moving in rapid sequence.

"Pre-flight checks, commence." She began to scope out the systems, checking for green lights.

"Shield Generator, go." She listed off each component, ensuring to get green on each. "Encryption Network, online. Set frequency to..." She paused and looked down at the pad in her lap. "Seven, three, 2, point four." She secured the flightpad, flipping the switch to close the cockpit. Her fingers grazed over the engine warm-up button, activating it and causing a soft hum to fill the cockpit. "Nullification system, online."

"Twin Suns, check in, Suns Leader, Callsign Foxy, standing by."
She said.

Each member of Twin Suns would check in, all the way to the twelfth one.
"Pixel, flight log, all accounted for. Pre-flights complete, all systems go. Standby for order." The BB unit gave a prompt beep and the check list would disappear from her primary screen, replacing it with an array of intelligence notes on possible weapon systems to be deployed. She would briefly look through, before speaking back over comms.

"Suns, heads up, this won't be an easy one. Expect heavy resistance, pre-flight checks are green." Her second communications channel would click over and the voice of Tren Chaar Tren Chaar would break through.

"Eclipse, I say again, Eclipse."

Excitement would fill her, adrenaline coursing through her veins as she called over the Twin Suns frequency. Her skin would bristle with goosebumps, looking left and right at her fellow pilots.

"Suns, this is Foxy, let's give 'em hell."

And with pre-designed minimal fanfare, the squadron of XJ-7 Elite Starfighters would depart the hanger and seemingly disappear into the backdrop of stars and space. They would silently lock their S-Foils, and begin to follow in a triangle formation behind Revenant Squadron.

THE NOW.

Ember held the stick tight in her right hand, left hand manipulating the computer, adjusting her shields and applying more power to her engines and weapon systems.

"Here they come..." Chimed in the voice of Suns Six, Trixy. The clash of fighters and ships began to fill her viewscreen.

"Tighten up Suns, adjust formation – star pattern." She quipped and in tandem, the XJ-7's manuevered into a standard star formation. As Gold Squadron began their attack run, Twin Suns squadron would break free from Revenant Squadron.

"Suns, look alive – hunt down the heavy bombers" She brought the stick to the left, rolling to the left – squadron following suit. They would begin to cycle through the available targets, looking for the closest squadron of TIE/fdA's and it wouldn't be long before the hunters found their prey. The XJ-7s would break formation, engaging them with ferocity and intensity. Sprays of red lasers would pierce the veil of darkness, and trails of purplish blue energy would appear from nowhere – Proton Torpedos following their targets with lethal accuracy.

Ember would dive headfirst into the battle, locking onto an escort fighter, a TIE/fd. She pulled the flight stick back, cutting her engines with her left hand, directly lining up behind the fleeing TIE/fd, and with the green light on her HUD – she triple tapped the trigger and the TIE/fd would cease to exist. She pushed the throttle full forward, bursting back into the fray.

ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif

"Splash, one bandit." She said cooly through comms.

"Suns Leader, you see that...?!" The voice of Trixy spoke through the channel. "Check your 9 o'clock."

Ember would gaze to her right and blink a few times. Oh, she saw them, she just couldn't quite comprehend what she was seeing.

They were everywhere – approaching the main fleet.

They weren't anything she had ever seen before, and she was from the Netherworld!

"Oh, what in the Force – it doesn't matter, Suns, engage – protect the fleet." She turned her ship hard and towards the new threat. "Watch out, they have whips." Of course, she was referring to the tentacles, and the term whips was something Starfighter pilots called the tentacles of space creatures – due to their ability to literally whip the ship out of the skies.

It wouldn't be long before they were engaged with the space creatures, selecting one of the smaller 200 meter creatures. The XJ-7s would execute dive-bomber like moves, unleashing a barrage of quad lasers with each pass. Some synced, some in a rapid fire pattern. Score marks would begin to singe and damage the beast and cause the eye to frantically search for whatever was attacking it.

Ember would continue to engage, hoping that the technology would keep her in the advantage against living creatures – something that they no doubt, had never experienced.

Last edited by a moderator:

Caedyn Arenais

C
A surge of adrenaline coursed throughout the Jedi Knight as the bulkhead door of the Troop Transport slid back along the port side where Caedyn Arenais had been standing in wait. Incoming enemy blaster fire pelted against the hull from the defending troops, leading Caedyn to ignite both of his lightsabers as he dropped out onto the solid ground and began to defend the rest of the Strike Team and their supporting troops from being hit as they exited from the shuttle. Guided by the Force, Caedyn's movements were swift and precise, his senses and reflexes emboldened by an unseen aide, the battle meditation of Henna Ashina Henna Ashina . He did not have time to recognize the source of his suddenly fluent access to the light, yet focused solely on using his two lightsabers to intercept the incoming hostile fire, the Jedi Knight moved with a sense of ease unexpected and unhindered by the weight of his Battle-Armor.

Incidentally, the swell of the Darkside was unmistakably present amidst their vicinity. Much more significant than Caedyn had expected, causing his mind to search in the direction of its malicious lure. His connection to the Force soon found the presence of Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex , the Dark Lord of the Sith from the time of his childhood and a great and personal bane towards his family House Arenais, alike so many thousands of others in the Galaxy. "Carnifex is here!" Caedyn warned the others, Ala Quin Ala Quin the first to have left the shuttle and already engaging in the fight. He was hopeful that she had heard his call, yet already on the move, his warning would at least prepare the rest of Strike Team Windu for the worst.

The Jedi Knight's desire to meet Carnifex face-to-face in combat was strong. To give the former Lord of the Sith reason to regret the past atrocities against Commenor and his parents had been one of Caedyn's long-time wishes, yet vengeance was something he had set aside many years back, and the objective of their mission was the priority here. Opening the way for the rest of the Alliance Forces. Strike Team Rex was counting on them to succeed in order to further the fight against the Cult of the Sith, and end the war against the Brotherhood of the Maw.

Movement caused the Jedi Knight to turn left, ignoring for the time the presence of Carnifex as one of the Sith Cultists charged at him from between his brethren armed with dual sabres of their own. The cultist launched themselves at him, showing no fear nor hesitation, only rage at the sight of the Jedi standing upon their hallowed ground. Flashes of light, blue and red, burst from the meeting of their blades, Caedyn blocking the cultist's waist-height sweeps, stopping them just shy of connecting with his armour before planting his heavy right boot against the midsection of his foe in order to put some distance between them. Something akin to a grunt and a scowl escaped the man as he stumbled backwards, Caedyn in pursuit as he aimed to target the wrists of the Sith, both clean strikes that would take the hands of the Sith Acolyte, and in doing so ending the fight without killing them outright.

ɴᴀɢᴀɪ ᴡᴀʀʀɪᴏʀ

HEADED EAST
FORBIDDEN DISTRICT

As the transport continued on its way, Jand offered a curt nod to Corazona.

The twitch to the noble's lip and the deadpan of the expression was lost on the Nagai. Instead, Jand turned his gray eyes to another Jedi companion, and listened to Daisy as she outlined the specifics of her mission. It sounded like things were well in hand, in all aspects, and if there was one individual Jand trusted to get it done, it was Daisy. Perhaps a return to the field would be best for the pink-skinned Padawan. An opportunity for lessons and instinct to take over, to engage in the moment, and to allow a reprieve from the past or lingering thoughts.

"You are clearly ready, good," Jand said to Daisy in a low voice. "I will see you once this is done."

The transport landed, the layout of the land was revealed. An oppressive darkness hung like fog, the dark side was clearly present, and in the distance was some kind of novelty celebratory compound, filled with bright tents and mechanical contraptions... but ones that seemed less served for war, and more for fun or entertainment.

Daisy asked a question.

"No, I do not know what that place is," Jand said with a frown. "I suspect it is some kind of trap. Clearly effort has been made to make it stand out as a point of interest to check..."

Jand glanced to Corazona.

"I am heading toward the circus village."

The additional support from the individual known as Dominik provided some familiar combative elements, mainly from the non-Force user aspect. Jand was no stranger to working alongside soldiers in the Alliance, so having someone who could bring some of that firepower to bear was a good thing, and would help their chances.

"For now, we should be reactive, Agent Guns Galore," Jand muttered, as he gave one last look - and a reassuring nod - to Daisy, then started toward the west and the circus village. "We will approach, determine the threat - if any - and see what waits, before responding with appropriate force."

In other words, save the ammo.

"I will lead."

Jand started to walk toward the odd place in the distance; and all the while, he could feel the shadowy tendrils of a familiar presence on the back of his neck...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom