Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Besk'gathr Mk III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandalorian-Sahan-Dragr-screenshot-3.png

iron-man-suit-up.gif

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Beskar'gam
  • Weight: Light
  • Resistances:
    • Energy: High
    • Kinetic: High
    • Lightsabers: High
    • Disruptors: None
    • Tensor: None
    • Radiation: High
    • Extreme Elemental: High
    • EMP/Ion: High
    • Acid/Chemical: Average
    • Sonic: Average
    • The Force: Extreme
SPECIAL FEATURES
Body:
Helmet:
Arms:
Right Vambrace:
Left Vambrace:
Hands:
Legs:
Feet:
STRENGTHS
  • Designed for extremely swift and agile flight and aerial combat!
  • Beskar'gam with great resistances, including Force resistance on par with Force Dead creatures.
  • Decent number of strong offensive and defensive equipment, particularly against Force Users.
  • Able to repair itself.
WEAKNESSES
  • The armor is rather weak against disruptors.
  • The armor does not stop tensor weapons.
  • The beskar parts don't cover the entire body, leaving some parts of the body a bit more vulnerable.
  • Full self-repair is slow unless using a quick patch job.
  • Full Mach VII speed requires a considerable cooldown before it can be used again (at least a full day).
  • Force resist also includes beneficial powers like Force Valor.
DESCRIPTION
Upon completing his verd'goten, Sahan Dragr obtained a M.I. Beskar'gam Mk.1 and set about modifying and upgrading it, as Mandalorians tend to do.
The suit is especially adept for aerial combat, being upgraded with better jetpack, gravpack, and repulsor boots, which suits Sahan's preference just nicely. The armor has been colored blue and gold, representing the sky and Sahan's love of flying using his armor's flight systems. The right pauldron has the symbol for Clan Dragr, and the left has the Enclave symbol. Overall, the armor is pretty decent for use by a bounty hunter Mandalorian.

Mk II
  • The armor was later upgraded to a Mk II after Sahan opened Kyr'bes Buy'ce and completed some bounties. It sports more flight systems, upgraded sensors, materials that resists the Force, a layer of metal that absorbs heat to prevent overheating, a new power core, defensive systems like a shockweb, and upgraded cortosis crushgaunts. The gauntlets also each contain an antitamper field that can drain energy. The gauntlets also have lightning glove and disruption glove capabilities for unarmed combat. (He also changed the color scheme from the original brown and grey to a blue and gold.) Aside from adding voidsteel to the vevut beskar alloy, it was also case-hardened with Vong bonemeal. The Gar Tkiriyr Neural Interface system allows Sahan to control the armor systems, including the flight systems, with thought. This allows him to deploy any of the armor systems at a moment's notice without use of his hands, as well as to finely tune and adjust the repulsors and microthrusters in his flight systems for an extreme degree of maneuverability.
    The suit was later upgraded with more tech and features to suit the Dragr style, taking inspiration from his father's heirloom Beskar'gam. In particular is the Devaronia Blood-Poison vibrospines. Also incorporated was a radio that emitted a frequency that interfered with Midichlorians, to be used in emergency situations against powerful Force users. Sahan even added a MGL to his jetpack and magno-locks to his holsters that could easily be controled via the neural link in his suit.
    The suit is worth a fortune, not only in the tech integrated, but in the materials, including both Aurodium in the Vevut Beskar to give the armor its gold coloring and Haysian Smelt/Ultrachrome alloy used in the wiring. It features an instantaneous link (using the Temiye Ansible Communications System) straight to the Mindforge Artus on Kestri, which works anywhere in the Galaxy, barring interference.
Mk III:
  • Sahan later upgraded his armor even further to the point that it couldn't really be considered the same armor set anymore, making it a Mk III version instead. It is even faster and more agile than the previous iteration, able to fly easily at Mach III speeds. It can top off at a max speed of nearly Mach VII, but only in a straight line (losing maneuverability), and it requires a considerable cooldown after going such speeds. The built-in flightsuit and inertial compensators help protect Sahan from the extreme speeds. It has an interlocking system that allows Sahan to quickly don or doff the armor at any time. It has systems that can quickly patch his armor or equipment if needed and can even slowly mend the armor to 100% over time. It can even mend internal injuries that Sahan may receive, though the process is slow. It can also be painful without sedatives. It also sports a few more upgraded weapons and designs inspired by his uncle Volo Dragr's armor. It is meant to be the epitome of beskar'gam forged by Forgemaster Sahan Dragr, Heir to the Kyron Legacy.
When not donning the armor; Sahan tends to wear a Zhinu suit, Rulariyi Mandalorian Sunglasses, and 10 Sasori Last Resort Cannons (one on each finger). He'll also often wear the cowl independently of the armor like a scarf.

Last edited:
Issues.

Link broken, please fix.

That is not how the Force works! It is just plain FORCE! You cannot decide what effects you and what does not. Force Resistance only, plain as the Star Wars that first showed it.

Let me know when these are fixed.
Sahan Dragr Sahan Dragr
How is that an issue? It protects against direct Force powers that target the wearer, like Mind Trick or Telekinesis targeting the person, but doesn't work of indirect abilities, like using Telekinesis to throw something at you or create a concussive pulse near you, etc. How else would I portray that in resistances? Seems like a reasonable balance to me and uses this: Miriskin Leather

Alright since we are going down this rabbit hole, so be it.

If I am throwing Force Lightning at you with a Force Nullification Armor on, chances are it fizzles out and just fails to work. The Mandalorian laughs and then proceeds to blast the Jedi.

If I am a Force User that notices that your armor is indeed a Force Nullifying armor, I will instead pick up a rock from nearby and chuck it. I release it from my Force Telekinesis and let it land on top of your armor. The Jedi smirks at his thought of ingenuity and prances off while the Mandalorian grumbles with a dent maybe.

The difference here? The second is an effect that occurs outside the Nullification range then stops using the Force when it gets close, letting nature, physics or whatever else in the environment do its job. It is the same equivalent as someone deciding to push you with the environmental manipulation of wind, making a gust of wind to fall you flat on your back. If I create a create a concussive pulse, storing energy and throwing it back at people (Not like Starkiller) as if a gust of wind or just by pressure alone with your armor not in range, then it is something else than the Force.

So why do I mention these? Cause these are effected by every other resistance except the Force. If you are close enough to them, it is nullified. The Force is not something you choose to be partly off or partly on, it is what flows in the Galaxy. It is either nullified, depowered or not at all.

The last bit of example I will show is this from the submission you just mentioned.

Miriskin Leather

Material:
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Force Nullification
These all Nullify the Force, in absolution with no physical way to use it once you are near it. The wearer cannot be affected, at all, by any form of the Force. There is no affected by some mind alteration but not Witch Dathomir magic. There is no effect that says a direct attack is negated but a boulder I threw a few seconds ago is not when clearly, that already is the case since that should be instead a Kinetic resistance to resist a boulder hitting the person directly in the chest.

This is a set of resistances that has been debated before but just in different words, languages and circumstances like Mechu-Deru, Dathomir Witch Magic and even Otherworldy. There is only the Force and that is that.

Excuse if this post may seem messed up, I had to retype portions of it via phone due to my internet cutting out within half of this post being made. With my network currently out, I am hotspotting and most likely will reply later in the next day or so.

Sahan Dragr Sahan Dragr

If I am throwing Force Lightning at you with a Force Nullification Armor on, chances are it fizzles out and just fails to work.
Just so we're clear here, I just want to make sure we have a concrete understanding, I'm not trying to argue or anything, and I'm not getting angry. Just a discussion, because I think I need a full understanding if I'm to fix any issues.
As far as Force Lightning goes, I would consider it to be indirect. It doesn't target a person specifically, it just radiates outward in an AOE cone. Otherwise, Palpatine wouldn't have still been shooting lightning when Vader threw him into the Death Star reactor. So it would still affect you.
And the nullification isn't strong enough to affect anyone outside the armor, as explained in the miriskin leather material. The effect is a smaller version of what a living ysalamir can produce and only affects the person inside, if they have enough coverage. It also doesn't protect against illusions, bc those don't directly target a person. Really, the ones I can think of atm that would, are direct Telekinesis (Push, Pull, Choke), Force Stun, Morichro, Force Track, Force Empathy, Mind Trick, Malacia, Memory Walk, Mnemotherapy, Drain Knowledge, or even Force Healing. All either directly targeting the body or mind.

Sahan Dragr Sahan Dragr

I'll be taking over this submission.

So, if I understand correctly then the armour acts to prevent the force from acting on the occupant, they can't be force choked etc while they're wearing it?

It is important to note that no resistance on Chaos is absolute, so even the extreme rating is not a perfect resistance, just an extremely high one. A powerful enough force user, or one who tries for long enough would still be able to get through, however, as the defender that call is ultimately up to you.

I take issues with the resistance to "Indirect Force" though. An armour can either have resistance to the force or not, we do not allow for this to be broken up into subdivisions. Either the armour will protect you, or it won't. As such, I'm going to need you to remove the indirect force resistances section of the armour.

While I do understand your intent, the force doesn't generally have AoE effects but instead will affect the environment in a large area (such as cryokinesis) which would not be a case of the force affecting the armour or the user but the environment around them.

the force doesn't generally have AoE effects but instead will affect the environment in a large area
That is literally was an AOE is. Area of Effect. But regardless, I guess I can't do anything about it if it's a rule. That means the material itself doesn't work and will need to be scrapped... Which is really disappointing. I'll just completely remove the material and anything to do with the Force.

Sahan Dragr Sahan Dragr

Not precisely. Let me explain what I mean. Alter Environment could be used to lower the temperature around the suit to a sub-zero temperature, causing the armour to freeze and crack. However this is not an attack of the force upon the armour, but rather the environment, as such you would look to the suits ability to defend against extreme temperatures, not the force. Hence I wouldn't count this as an AoE use of the force.

So, you can keep the suit's ability to defend against direct applications of the force, preventing mind-reading, force choke or a battle-meld from being used on the armour's wearer. I've sen multiple other armours that have a similar effect, but it's important to know exactly what they're able to block and what is a novel application of the force. It can be annoyingly capable in that way.

If you choose to keep the material, or remove it I leave to you.

Sahan Dragr Sahan Dragr

Not precisely. Let me explain what I mean. Alter Environment could be used to lower the temperature around the suit to a sub-zero temperature, causing the armour to freeze and crack. However this is not an attack of the force upon the armour, but rather the environment, as such you would look to the suits ability to defend against extreme temperatures, not the force. Hence I wouldn't count this as an AoE use of the force.

So, you can keep the suit's ability to defend against direct applications of the force, preventing mind-reading, force choke or a battle-meld from being used on the armour's wearer. I've sen multiple other armours that have a similar effect, but it's important to know exactly what they're able to block and what is a novel application of the force. It can be annoyingly capable in that way.

If you choose to keep the material, or remove it I leave to you.
OK, at first, I was like "that's the point..." But a bit of sleep and a fresh(er) mind, and I'm starting to see what you mean. Trying to decide what would win in how resistances attack up would be annoying and confusing, in a way. I still think it could work, but it might be a bit unnecessarily complicated. Also, you've been around her far longer than I have, so I'm sure you know reason why it just wouldn't balance well overall.

Anyway, I changed it to just The Force and made it Very High, lowering Disruptor to none to balance. (And try not to get hit with any of the many disruptor guns lol.)

I'll probably need to rework the Miriskin Leather sub. Shouldn't be difficult. I have an idea how to fix it. I'll just submit it to Factory Modification.

Last edited:
Listib Hibin Listib Hibin or Srina Talon Srina Talon (I'm not entirely certain who to tag anymore.)
Added the following:
Removed the Sunstroke jetpack since I only ever use the Striking Falcon anyway.
Added Jaeger Solutions to permissions.
Replaced Aurodium in circuitry with Haysian Smelt.
Combined Extreme Temperature and Elemental resistances into Extreme Elemental, since temperature technically is elemental.
Updated the Description.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom