Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Combat Myomer Actuation System

Status
Not open for further replies.
rafe-johnson-synthetic-muscles-72.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Artificial Muscle Tissue
  • Weight: Very Light
  • Color: Comes in Black but able to be colored to user’s specifications
  • Resistances:
    • Force Dead/Not Force Dead
    • Energy: High/High
    • Kinetic: High/High
    • Lightsabers: None/None
    • EMP/Ion: Very High/Very High
    • Force: Extreme/None
    • Acid: High/High
    • Elemental: High/Very High
    • Pressure: Very Low/Low
    • Electric: Very Low/Very High
    • Radiation: Low/Low
    • Biological: Low/Low
    • Sonic: Low/Low
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Improves the base system and makes it lighter and more compact by focusing on smaller bundles and by making each individual bundle more efficient and less power intensive. This allows for the system to collectively increase output and lower power consumption because of the focus on higher strength and more conductive materials.
  • System is now also utilizable as a light armor material base due to incorporation of armorweave, Phrik-A (used as a base attachment points for the musculature if used on a frame or cybernetics), and synthetic yorik Coral (or zersium based polymer insulation compound in non-force resistant versions). These lighter materials make the overall construction more responsive and also allows for the dissipation of blaster fire and kinetic based rounds due to the bundles interwoven and overlapping nature, letting each individual bundle take a small percentage of the blow and allowing for smaller individual bundles of myomer to fail while not comprising the entire overall installation. This also makes maintenance much easier because if an individual bundle fails you can either swap out the individual bundle or continue using the entire installation at reduced power/efficiency safely.
  • Synthetic Yorik Coral shielding option makes this material extremely resistant to attacks based solely upon force powers which prevents outside tampering from the force. This allows the bundles to be almost impervious any/all force based attacks including the dark side based Lightning which would normally take advantage of these bundles main weakness of electricity. However because the material itself doesn't put out a field of such meaning that if you use something to hit the suit that thing will still have velocity and therefore inertia meaning that you can't interact with the suit itself, but you can certainly interact with the stuff around it.
  • If the Not Force Dead option is selected, this material is no longer protected from the force but its weakness to electrical and elemental attacks is no longer a viable attack method. This is due to thicker insulation on each of the fibers of artificial muscle is required and utilizes a proprietary compound weave of zersium, armorweave, and Ionite-A to create the insulation which is thicker and slightly more bulky, but offers much better protections against Electrical and elemental attacks due to the materials in the insulation working together to achieve this.
STRENGTHS
  • Literal Strength: This myomer takes the original idea of a Myomer Actuation system and doubles down on the literal strength, while also making it more efficient. With advances in material technology having progressed since the introduction of the original this Myomer system is more responsive, stronger, and much more compact than its original.
  • Collective Durability: This myomer system also improves on the durability of the original by going away from the older style of single bands of massive clusters of myomer into much smaller, interwoven and overlapped clusters of myomer. This makes the over artificial muscle much more durable and stronger against outside attacks because rather than a single large muscle fiber being damaged and compromising the system as a whole, now individual muscle fibers are able to collectively absorb and negate attacks allowing for smaller individual fibers to become damaged while the collective loses little actual strength. This allows for this myomer to actually be used as a light armor of sorts for underlays and body gloves or even as a light armor for replacement limbs.
WEAKNESSES
  • Not Lightsaber Proof: It’s a friggin lightsaber. What more do I need to say? While some components of this myomer are certainly lightsaber proof or resistant, they do not make up the majority of this myomer, and as such aren’t present in enough qualities to make this stuff impervious to lightsabers. Not to mention the fact that this material because of how thin it is, you need to layer a lot of it to get the light saber resistant qualities of Ultrachrome to come through. Oh and by the way if you melt this stuff you now have a solid shard of metal that is in something that really shouldn't have that.
  • You either get protection from force, or not: This thing has a major weakness with the force dead materials version of the arm and that is actual electricity, which is because the muscle fibers themselves respond to electrical impulses that causes them to contract. With the second option that forgoes the use of force dead materials, this is counteracted with much thicker insulation protecting against these kinds of attacks, but then you lose the ability to shield this material from the force. And you can’t have both, so it’s either one or the other.
DESCRIPTION
With the extensive working knowledge of having used this muscle fiber in the past Dr. Alphonse always wanted to find a way to make the technology better. And with the advent of The Forge of Gods and the creation of new material technologies such as Artificial Phrik, and Synthetic Yorik Coral, the technology is now available to make this Myomer Actuation System not only better but ready for use in combat power armors and as a light armor technology.

This new system, dubbed the Combat Myomer Activation System, has been improved in every way to these new technologies. With the production of Ultrachrome and being able to spin the material into a fine thread that has a tensile strength-to-mass ratio of what ultrachrome naturally has, but because it's broken into extremely small threads, allows it to be utilized in the construction of the artificial muscle mass. These fibers are then attached at Phrik-A attachment points reinforcing the bonds this artificial muscle will have on whatever it's being used with. This combined with the creation of Ionite-A as a part of the standard shielding package and being paired with Synthetic Yorik Coral in the Force Dead version of the material, making it very much immune to someone trying to mess with the materials internally with their space magic, while also being very well shielded from outside EMP/Ion attacks. However this is left open to actual attacks from electricity because of how thin the insulation of SYC and Ionite-A is to maintain how light this material is due to the relative weight of SYC and its bonding agents for the polymer based insulations. This is why in the not force dead version of this material that this weakness is absolved by utilizing a zersium/Ionite-A/polymer insulation that allows for thicker and more effective insulation against both electrical and elemental based attacks. This however takes away from the force dead nature of the material, making you now quite vulnerable to those pesky space wizards and their magics.

So all in all, this material is a new artificial type of muscle intended for use on newer products. This new muscle is stronger, more responsive, and more able to respond to actual threats in the field, both for civilian and military applications. This utilizes some of the newest and greatest material technologies created in the CIS and as such is intended to propel locomotion and limb replacement technologies forward by decades because limbs now are faster, utilize less power, and are more responsive than ever.

Last edited:

Shuklaar Kyrdol

CEO of Breshig War Forge Consolidated
Hi Sergei, as you know, I'm Shuk and I'll be reviewing this sub.

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
All looks fine here.

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
Slight problem here, I'm going to need Locke and Key as well as Freebirds Industries linked.

PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS
You are over 4 points on your force dead version, and you are one point under on your force dead version.

SPECIAL FEATURES
So you've got a problem here, you can't quite include Phrik-A in your material list simply because of the fact that it's not flexible. If there's some other way you want to add the Phrik to it, explain that clearly.

The line about ignoring force attacks should perhaps be amended because while the Yorik Coral itself may be immune, someone can still fling a rock at someone wearing this and the rock will still retain momentum. That is technically a force based attack. Technically.

STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES
Literal strength as opposed to metaphorical strength? Jokes aside, this section's fine. I'd add a weakness about what I mentioned above regarding telekinetic based attacks.

Another issue, is that second weaknesses doesn't quite make sense. Zersium doesn't protect against electricity. The rating on electricity protection in both cases is also very high. I don't have any advice here, you've really got to rework this.

DESCRIPTION
Description's unfortunately a little hard to read. Spacing it out might be a good idea. That's really all I've got to say about that.

The Monster The Monster So, when you've got these issues sorted, tag me, and we can continue.

Hi Shuklaar Kyrdol Shuklaar Kyrdol ! Thanks for the review!

1. Dope

2. Fixed and thank you for catching this.

3. Gonna post this picture here so that way you can review but I used the sub calculator and found the issue. Was a typo and missed piece of code when I was filling the final color coded bits, thanks for catching that!

4. So I added a section in the description describing how the Phrik-A is incorporated into this sub, and essentially I'm going for the same thing as steel cables as normally steel irl is also not flexible but when its spun into a small enough width it retains tensile strength-to-weight ratio while also becoming more flexible. This is also why this sub cannot actually defend against sabers as the fibers themselves are so small that while they lend tensile strength to the overall material, their shear strength is severely compromised because there is such a small amount of materials per fiber. To better explain this I also added this in the "Not Lightsaber Proof" weakness with a section stating the following, "Oh and btw if you manage to melt the Phrik-A from a extremely fibrous state into a much more solid one, now you have the problem of this material becoming an extremely hard and inflexible solid in a material that's designed to flex so yeah, have fun with that." Hope that helps.

5. So firstly fixed the issue with the typo giving the force dead version an actual electrical weakness, and now have better explained as to why the not force dead version axes this issue. And that's because the polymer based shielding already protects each individual fiber from having electrical overflow into other fibers ensuring that you don't have a single charge causing an entire bundle to just flex at once, allowing for more dexterous control. Because Synthetic Yorik Coral is actually at a Light weight compared to this Material's Very Light weight that means that the shielding/insulation on each fiber has to be much thinner due to the amount of material that can be used to because of SYC's relative weight. This is why the not force dead version has much better electrical protection due to the fact that much lighter materials are available to be utilized allowing for much thicker and more effective electrical shielding.

6. Expanded upon and spaced out the description to make things a little easier to read hopefully.

Thank you again Shuk!

Shuklaar Kyrdol

Not a problem, only slight issue about using Phrik like steel cables. Both materials are vastly different and unfortunately, that doesn't translate to Phrik like you intend here. My recommendation is stick with armor weave or perhaps use something like Verpine Zal alloy mesh or ultramesh or something like that. Because unfortunately Phrik just doesn't work that way.

As it stands that's about your only issue. Tag me when you make a decision and the requisition changes. Thank you for being so cooperative! The Monster The Monster

Shuklaar Kyrdol Shuklaar Kyrdol So while I really really really want the material to be Phrik-A I will concede and have done some research. New material will be Ultachrome with Phrik-A attachment and reinforcement points to allow for it more malleable. Ultrachrome also according to lore is super conductive so I'll look into making a sub that includes it later.

Shuklaar Kyrdol

The Monster The Monster You added Ionite-A, and haven't added it to the materials list.

So now if I'm understanding correctly, you've got a skeletal Phrik frame that the user's supposed to wear, and the myomer system goes over that? If so, how does the system understand the wearer's movements? How does it move the myomer in that respective manner?

Shuklaar Kyrdol Shuklaar Kyrdol So I linked Ionite-A and here's the explanation that I added for how the suit version and if this is used as an artificial myomer in a cybernetic prosthetic. It reads:

"Myomer when utilized as a suit option, utilizes a network of sensor nodes that track, analyze and catalog each and every type of neural impulse sent through a person's muscular structure. This is a three part system that looks at actual movement generated by the person with pressure based sensors, a series of electrical sensors that track nerve impulses throughout the suit and not only identify but store what each type of nerve impulse is in the body's motor system, and a series of ultrasound sensors that utilize what the body's musculature is actually doing along with all of these other inputs that it is detecting. This allows for this system after a brief learning phase (1:3 months depending on level of use), this system will actually be able to utilize learning algorithms to be able to predict what exactly you are trying to do with your body based on the signals your body is sending out at any given time. This makes the suit able to attune itself to how your specific body actually functions and to give you seamless control over the suit as you not only learn how to use the suit, but the suit learns how you actually perform things. These suits are also designed to perfectly mimic the natural physiology of whomever the suits are designed for. This makes each suit paired to its operator, as trying to stick a different body will perform differently, and restarting the process to take time.

When this myomer is utilized as an internal based artificial muscle, there is a similar learning curve intended for the cybernetic as it takes the same type of inputs (except for pressure because that doesn't work), but also allow for more invasive implants along the nervous system giving the user even greater controls over the myomer. This allows the brain and the myomer system to actually learn to mesh so that the brain can make this myomer and its skeleton perform feats normally not possible with standard organic physiology."

Shuklaar Kyrdol

Please remove the ionite, it can't be used with any sort of electronics as even in your version you mention the ability to shut off electronics by being in proximity. Given the potency of ionite, no amount of electronic shielding at that range (and you have none) will save the myomer.

You also need to link an appropriate canon cybernetic interface, or sub your own.

Thirdly, you've long past moved simple edits and I think this has long moved past your original intention. If you'd like, this could be moved to pre-factory for further edits.

The Monster The Monster

Shuklaar Kyrdol Shuklaar Kyrdol I will swap the ionite out with the laminate that I made to specifically utilize Ionite-A if that will satisfy that. Another thing is that I very specifically stated in the Ionite-A sub, that unless there is significant quantities of Ionite-A present, it does not interfere with electronics except through touching them, as this is how it is meant to shield electronics.

And as for the second comment later today when I get off work I will be getting home and I will be stripping down this sub so that I can get what is intended to be approved, the myomer muscle tissue, approved and cut out all of the chaff as each of the above expansions you've asked me to elaborate on is a tech sub in and of itself. What will be cut is the sensor systems, processing, learning and control systems, cybernetic implant system, and other support systems included to make this sub either a full combat suit or cybernetic prosthetic. If that is not acceptable, then I will request a second review.

Thank you for your review.

John Locke John Locke Have removed the other parts of the sub that included any mention of overall frames, sensors packages, or processing units as this is now stripped down to just involve the myomer system. Swapped out Ionite-A for FM-001 Ionite-A based Laminate to fix any issues that might come from the use of artificial Ionite in shielding technology.

I do believe this sub is ready for review. Thank you.

The Monster The Monster Shuklaar Kyrdol Shuklaar Kyrdol John Locke John Locke

Thank you very much for complying with the questions, and edits requested of Shuk, and John. I will be tagging them for prosperity and to keep them in the loop for the duration of my tenure over this submission.
Secondly, as Locke and Key is the Company under John Locke, I will be taking over the submission as this could be considered a conflict of interest.
Third, I wish to have a clear line of communication with you so that everyone is on the same page.
Finally, thank you for waiting while I read through all of this and gathered my thoughts.

Synthetic Yorik Coral shielding option makes this material immune to attacks based solely upon force powers which prevents outside tampering from the force. This allows the bundles to ignore any/all force based attacks including the dark side based Lightning which would normally take advantage of these bundles main weakness of electricity. However because the material itself doesn't put out a field of such meaning that if you use something to hit the suit that thing will still have velocity and therefore inertia meaning that you can't interact with the suit itself, but you can certainly interact with the stuff around it.
Force: Very High/None
I have quoted these two instances for wording. The mention of the Synthetic Coral being "Immune" is a heavy handed word in usage for defensive measures against direct force applications, such as Lighting as you have mentioned. Secondly, this is a Very High Rating, and not an Extreme rating. If you could replace the term of "Immunity" with "High Resilience" or "Significant resistances to the force" would be more in line with the submission, as well as match the aspect of the Rules within the factory of no "Immune" substances or "Calling hits" as some would say. While I do not see another instance of this "Immunity" being stated as a "Matter of Fact" I may have missed one, and thus would ask for you to as well comb through and verify that there are no more instances of "Immunity" being stated.

And with the advent of The Forge of Gods
Can you please link this Forge of the Gods? As you specifically mention it within your submission?

Otherwise, all of the other edits you have done I feel are well in line with what has been asked of you. And it well within limits of Sci-Fi technology in various instances, and has been in on past forms of Legends, and Canon.

Vora Kaar Vora Kaar Totally understand and acknowledge all points.

First up, the ratings. I have pushed the Pressure rating to Very Low and the Force Resistance Rating to extreme to account for the perceived issue, before it gets a final say though I'd like to ask if I could present the suggestion that I interpreted the Extreme rating as something where it actually puts out a field or presence of force negation with Very High being limited only to the material itself. Like the Ysalamir for example as something that is Extreme and the Yuuzhan Vong being typically what most people would call force dead which I interpreted as a Very High resistance. If that interpretation is incorrect I accept that determination and will stick with the changes I made to make this sub pass Technical Specifications. Thank you again for the input you had into correcting this and helping me with that specific purview of this tech.

Also changed the wording that I found to extremely resistant and changed ignored to almost impervious, thereby describing the level of difficulty it would take for someone to actually affect/alter these pieces with the force, but also making it technically not impossible.

As for the second thing I have linked the Codex submission where a lot of the tech pieces in this sub are coming from.

Thank you once again for the review and any help you might offer!

The Monster The Monster

Currently, as the item itself does not have the ability for an "Aura" or an "Area of Effect" in which it acts akin to a Void stone, It will have to stay as is where only directly affecting force powers can be resisted.

However, I will say that you are free to make a new textile in which can do this as per your explanation as another submission. Akin to a "Synthetic Voidstone" alternative.

As the submission currently stands, it is good in my eyes, and with all the edits provided is approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom