Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Junction The Battle For Carlac | Junction of Mobus & Oorn Tchis | BotM & NIO

BFC_OBJ_2.png

Allies: Tegan Starfall Tegan Starfall
Foes: Keilara Kala'myr Keilara Kala'myr | Ranoc Sar Ranoc Sar | Aemilio Valaar Aemilio Valaar

The infiltrator clawed at his face, her fingers scrabbling over his durasteel mask... but it was bolted to his skull, and it would take either surgery or truly brutal force to remove it, an experience that would certainly be fatal to him in either case. Her armored hands drew blood as they broke the skin of his forehead, a trickle of crimson that ran down the faceplate, making his wild appearance all the more sinister. He did not let go. All of his rage poured into his mechanical grip, keeping him squeezing even as his wounds sapped his strength. He had lost a lot of blood from his ravaged chest...

... and even a man who is half-machine needs blood.

Behind him, The Mongrel could hear the rumble of engines - the famous NIO tanks were approaching, and the tromp of heavy feet indicated that walkers had been deployed to support them. How had the dropships managed to breach the hurricane-force winds to deploy such heavy reinforcements? He didn't know, and he supposed it didn't really matter. He should never have put his trust in the dark sorcery of the Force Storm; he had learned long ago that such sorcery was more fallible than the sorcerers would admit. He would have to deal with the reality, whether it made sense to him or not.

The rolling thunder of rhypalm missiles and mortar strikes reached his ears, far louder than the oncoming vehicles, and The Mongrel realized he had made another wrong assumption. He had guessed that the NIO would want to preserve this city, to save its infrastructure so that they could put it to use, just as they had before Carlac's rebellion. But he had assumed foolishly. Though they fought with the methods of "civilization", methods he considered cowardly, their battle plan here closely resembled Mawite tactics: utter punishment of those who defied them, turning their cities to ash.

The warlord could see now, with all the clarity of a Rhandite' sorcerer's darksight, what was going to happen here. There would be long, harsh fighting, block to block and house to house... but the NIO forces would not hesitate to level everything and root the enemy out of the blasted ruins. Pockets of Carlaci troops, Mawite marauders, and Perished might hold out for days, but in the end they would be ground down by the vengeful fury of a great power mourning their Imperator. They would inherit a world of dust and ash, worthless to them, but they would punish those who had slighted them.

"I lost good warriors to the sneaky tricks of your cowardly commanders," The Mongrel said, as much a gasp as a roar now. His ravaged chest was heaving, his legs shaking... only his mechanical arms held firm. "But you have spirit. You will become a slave-soldier, and you will serve my tribe in their place." The infiltrator was still clawing at him, kicking with her legs. She had come close to killing him, and if she prevented his escape, she would finish the job; he had faced Aemilio Valaar Aemilio Valaar 's troops before, and he knew they wouldn't hesitate to put him down if they found him wounded and alone. They'd be eager to.

He had to get out of here before that happened.

Ziare's final, desperate kick caught him in the side of the knee, and his weakened leg buckled. He stumbled sideways, and was forced to drop her in order to catch himself, letting her slide down the wall. Feisty to the end! She would be a strong warrior once the Taskmaster broke her. But only if he could get her out of here before the NIO showed up. Had he managed to knock her out?

Ziare Dyarron | Freedom
COMPNOR (ISB) Junior Agent, Nite agent | Omni drone (only in the Netherworld)
BFC_OBJ_2.png
Objective II.: UNDERWORLD
Equipment: FS-18-UP2 Omega Phase Assault Rifle | 2x PV-16 "Sunfury" Pulse Pistol | Druetium Armour | Viper Mk. I Skinsuit | 2x Vibrodagger || Stealth field generator | G1 OmniLink
Writing with: The Mongrel The Mongrel
Allies: Konrad Harrsk Konrad Harrsk | Auria Blackmoore | Aemilio Valaar Aemilio Valaar | Michael Barran Michael Barran | Ranoc Sar Ranoc Sar
mubNJ7l.png

I could feel my fingers starting to slip due the blood, I managed to scratch him. I had nowhere near the strength to take off his helmet or mask. It may have been more complicated than that, but due to blurred vision and a lack of oxygen, I didn’t even realize it anymore. I can only feel my armoured fingers scratching his forehead all the way. I fought for my life. I’m not sure if I heard the well-known sounds or just imagined them again.

From then on, I was no longer able to perceive the outside world. I hit and kicked blindly. I could only feel the cold arms from outside my throat as my lungs burned with pain. Tears flowed from my eyes due to the pain that immediately froze on my face. My ribs and side throbbed with pain. I didn't even hear the man's words. All I could think about was that I couldn't lose consciousness…

If that happens, he will kill me. But not only were my limbs weighed like a lead, but I could barely think anymore, just infinitely slowly. But I still tried to fight. Or did I just want to? The next moment, the cold arms let go of my throat. My legs didn’t hold up and I fell to the ground and then fell down. Luckily it didn’t hit my injured side, but it still hurt the way I hit my other side and my head into the ground, not to mention my coccyx.

Suddenly a lot of air flowed into my lungs, and I started coughing. My throat hurt, my whole chest burned. I felt even worse than when I couldn’t breathe. A few meters away, I vaguely saw my dagger on the ground. I tried to crawl on the frosty, slushy ground, but after the first move, everything started to darken.

No, no, no! I couldn't lose my consciousness, he will going to kill me. However, the other half of my being didn’t want me to be keeping my consciousness, it wanted the pain to go away. I try to reach for the dagger and…

And everything went black…

//Last post, thank you for the great game!//
UaaFcjP.png

Lyra Vent

L

BFC_OBJ_1.png

R A V E N
COMPNOR
NEW IMPERIAL ORDER
ASOPORT | CARLAC
ALLIES: Amadeus Blackwood Amadeus Blackwood | NIO
ENEMIES: BOTM/NEW SITH ORDER | Darth Senthral Darth Senthral
ENGAGING: Darth Tennacus Darth Tennacus
GEAR: E-1 Carlaci Corps Armour (stolen) | Shield hidden in vambrace | Side-arm | Rotary cannon | Standard cybernetics | Standard Grenade loadout | Vibroknife

N5cG5gd.png

CASTLE OF GLASS

Defiance.

It ran thick and vigorously in the Iron blood. It is what drove them all forward time after time. Defiance against tyranny. Against chaos. It is what drove her into the heart of enemy territory time after time. It is what strengthened her resolve even now as a dread lord bore down on her.

It is what brought an unknown ally swinging out of nowhere.

The appearance of Amadeus Blackwood Amadeus Blackwood emboldened the Raven even more. It was a slap in the face of the smug Sith Lord - a proven testament of her words. Of her defiance in the face of arrogance. Tonight was not a night of subterfuge. It was a night for vengeance. A night to bring a traitor to heel regardless of the cost. A night of Iron resolve.

And Lyra was ready to prove it.

When the earth protested beneath her feet, she moved - springing away like a fathier out of the gates. By the time the Sith Lord touched ground again behind where she was, Lyra was diving behind a low alley wall off to the side. She hit the ground on the other side with a grunt. Her body still hurt after the first bout of Force Lightning. No karking way was she taking that chit again. Crawling against the wall, she drew her blaster from its holster once more and let loose on the dread lord from the cover of the wall.

And then she unclipped a sonic from her belt and chucked the grenade straight at him. Expecting the space wizard to have an answer ready for it, she immediately followed up with a physical concussion grenade, thrown low to detonate at his feet.

The duracrete wall she was taking cover behind, cracked from the blast, but held firm. Capitalising on the explosion of snow that was obscuring the area, Lyra launched over the wall once again. She had no idea if the concussion had found its mark or not, but the confusion of snow was enough for her to change location and move in a wide berth. Squinting through the confusion, she could only just make out the large frame of the Sith. Sucks to be big sometimes. In the run, she opened fire with the heavy pistol, using the disruptor technology to its full potential.

He would have to know his story to deflect all of the great blasts.

Space wizards weren't gods, after all.

Auria Blackmoore

A

auriatemplate.gif

auriadivider1.0.gif

BFC_OBJ_2.png

ALLIES: Konrad Harrsk Konrad Harrsk | Aemilio Valaar Aemilio Valaar | Michael Barran Michael Barran | Keilara Kala'myr Keilara Kala'myr | Ranoc Sar Ranoc Sar
ENEMIES: BOTM | NEW SITH ORDER
| The Mongrel The Mongrel | Tegan Starfall Tegan Starfall
ENGAGING: Tegan Starfall Tegan Starfall
GEAR: Screw it

O~~>BURN<~~O

No.

Horror was written on Auria's face as Konrad disappeared over the bridge. The speed in which it all happened made it impossible for the rogue witch to do anything to prevent it. The shock of it made her head spin. He was annoying, sure, but that didn't mean Auria wanted him dead. Especially after promises of information were given.

And then the battlemage's legendary temper flared bright.

Burning amber eyes turned to Tegan.
"You should not have done that, chakaar!" she growled, resorting once more to Mando'a insults. Then she unleashed all her fury into a river of fire shooting from her being, directed straight at the murderer.

The inferno obliterated not only the ice, snow and ground, but the cryomancy that was headed her way as well, leaving nothing but boiling steam in its wake. Auria was by no means an elder witch - until it came to pyromancy. And right now, she was pissed. The inferno blazed forth with raw, unbridled fury, cauterizing her wound in the process.

As she moved forward, she did let up with one hand, only to pull on the storm once more. Drawing lightning from above, she directed the bolts directly at Tegan. The friction struck the ground like artillery all around Tegan.
"Dance, little piggy! Dance to your death!" Auria gritted in anger as she pushed Tegan. She did not take kindly to crones going after allies, especially annoying allies.

In the back of her mind, she realised she'd have to get word to Aemilio Valaar Aemilio Valaar sooner or later about Konrad's fate. But first, she had to deal with Crazy Town in front of her.

Vengeance would be hers.

auriadivider1.0.gif

BFC_OBJ_1.png

Objective: Protect the doorway & kill the opposition
Allies: Maw and friends
Enemies: NIO and everyone else
Equipment: Staff of Dakrul, Cursed Gen'Dai Flesh Armour

ChVAW7n.png

The huge pearlescent iron doors leading into the depths of the Crown of Ice had collapsed onto the marble floor. Ripped out of their bearings by the initial entrance of the New Imperial Order strikeforce. The dusky interiors were lit by exterior flashes of the conflict. The shivering wind blowing through the gaping hole delivering tiny specs of white onto the scene unfolding inside.

At first, the swift and precise wave of shock troopers had utterly overwhelmed the undead hordes protecting their master's fortress. As time passed these tides had turned. The Avatars had willed it. Utter chaos bad broken loose in the now blood-soaked walls of the atrium. The iron-willed invaders had been prepared to fight, they had understood they would come face to face with the living dead. But they had not been prepared enough. How could they have been prepared for this?

Most of the local ghoulish infantry had long abandoned their blasters and were instead lunging at their opposition attempting to bite and claw them to death. Hordes upon hordes had flooded the lobby hailing from all over the giant castles gangways. With each invader killed, a new ally rose. At first, the departed Order warriors had been reanimated as nothing but frigid tragic husks, former versions of themself begging and pleading to be freed of these terrifying shackles binding them to bodies lost on this plane. A nightmare incarante. Their cries had echoed through the endless maze of hallways, a melody of horror. A sacrileges act to please the Avatars. The torture of souls to gain their favor, for what was still to come. Yet as their numbers grew their fear turned to anger and then carnage as their new master commanded them to take the lives of former brothers and sisters in a similar manner as the Darth's troops. The ensuing turmoil had seen a drastic change in the proceeding onslaught between the dead and the living. If it was to continue the halls of the Carlacs crown would soon belong to the dead once more.

In its midst just before an opulent set of stairs into the higher levels stood Dakrul, the monster's form was an abominable sight to behold.

Only distantly remnant of its original insectoid heritage, it closer mirrored a figure from a tormenting fever dream. A veil of iron, a crown of metal covering any feature resembling a face. Aside from some alloy sheets and rugs of leather, the atrocity was decorated only in the gore of its enemies. Under all that the rotten bloated grey flesh eeked out between its plane matt chitin platings. Originally sporting four arms only those on its left side remained, his upper limb tightly grasping onto an obsidian staff with a crescent shape at its tip. On the right side from its shoulders downwards across the chest to its flank, the initial layers of sinew and tissue were ripped away. In its place flailing pinkish tentacles were worming about, one particular set mimicking a single trunk-like arm. A fusion of tendrils, a thick extremity of twitching muscle strands reaching until the ground.

"WHAT DOES HE TASTE LIKE?!?!" A voice like knives to a chalkboard barked at a human that was entrapped under its massive three-toed cloots. No answer as all air needed to even form a syllable was pressed out of the man's lungs. Dakrull roared even louder this time.

"WHAAAAT DOESSSSS HEEEEE TAAAAAASTE LIKEEEEE?!?!"

The whimpering struggle to catch breath could be interpreted as a reply just before the over three-meter giant pushed down further crushing the man's trunk, accompanied by the sound of shattering bones and rupturing organelles.

His massive dreadful form was just about to execute his next victim when in all the conflict, all the misery he heard a voice, the voice. Like a startled dog, his head perked up and looked around in confusion.

"Master?" he yelled out to no one in particular. None had passed and the Master hadn't been here before. He knew he heard it, a sound unmistakable to the Mawite Priest. He stood motionless in the room as the carnage continued around him. Should he go out in search of the origin? But what of his task here?

The Heathen Priest guide from earlier had vanished, he couldn't feel his presence. But no, Dakrull had been tasked, he was told to stand guard here at this entrance and to slay the disbelievers. So he would. The wind carried the little flakes of snow into the chamber, Dakrull looked down upon his work. He wasn't done here yet.

ChVAW7n.png

New_Sith_Order_Banner_Final.png

Objective I: Siege the Crown
Affiliation: Brotherhood of the Maw
Equipment: Lightsabers, 2 (Tenacious & Viscious)
Allies (present with him): Darth Senthral Darth Senthral
Enemies: Lyra Vent Amadeus Blackwood Amadeus Blackwood
Engaging: Lyra Vent

It was unfortunate that she had no sensitivity to the Force. Her agility, although likely fuelled by her cybernetic alterations, would have been beneficial - and most definitely enhanced - under the guidance of a Sith Lord. Alas, her loyalty to the Imperial Order had yet to be broken, her sensitivity to the Force untapped. The ignition of lightning against the snow indicated that she had avoided him with certain devotion to her safety. Unrivalled in his physical potential, he demonstrated his mastery with a lightsaber yet again to deflect her incoming blasts, but at the muffled barrelling of a grenade skipping along the stone, his skills as a combatant came to an abrupt halt. Rather than rely on the Force in that moment, Tennacus only brought it to focus and density around his physique in preparation for a later attack. He used only a fraction of its concentration to veer the grenade off course, while the second had to be counteracted with a sudden propulsion off the ground, leaping above the veil of snow to land outside of the blast range. Even so, Tennacus was not beyond the radius of the shockwave.

The eruption of air hurled itself towards him in a swift tide of sharp winds, hurling him across the snow with only his arm to mask his eyes from the rubble. Like her, he had crashed against one of the opposing walls, fissured by the force of impact. While it had initially allowed him to avoid the primary explosion of the grenades, his back would require a moment before he would return to his manoeuvrable agility. That led to an immediate reliance of the Force, but Tennacus had set the sparks for that ember already.

The concentration of the Force converted itself into a Force Bubble, but only to serve as a stepping stone towards his further intention. While he could not currently flip, spin and swerve his way through the air, he maintained the ability to move swiftly in a linear path, and used his extended reach within the Force to assist in the propulsion of his body to pass by her. Amidst his seclusion within the bubble, he set the motion for his telekinetic manipulation through the Force to bring about the levitation of whatever dwelt around him, and followed with an eruption of Force Lightning to generate the malicious ability of Force Maelstrom. The resulting attack birthed a violent shockwave surging with volatile electrical currents, streaking and lashing against the snow. As he darted across the ice after that explosion initiated, the Sith used the lingering telekinetic energy of the Force to reach out at her, specifically targeting her arm to try and sever it from her torso. Against the current tide of the shockwave, he believed maintaining a sturdy grip on her limb in the opposing force would force it to dislodge from her frame, while the rest of her body was hurled back from the initial blast, causing it to tear.

j52fYuB.png

SECOND_SON
OBJECTIVE 2: UNDERWORLD
CARLAC

ALLIES (NIO): Aemilio Valaar Aemilio Valaar Konrad Harrsk Konrad Harrsk Auria Blackmoore
Keilara Kala'myr Keilara Kala'myr Amadeus Blackwood Amadeus Blackwood Ranoc Sar Ranoc Sar

ENEMIES (BOTM/NSO/KOR): Halketh Halketh The Mongrel The Mongrel Marlon Sularen Marlon Sularen
Tegan Starfall Tegan Starfall Glossa

MICHAEL'S FORCES
THE HIGHLAND BROTHERHOOD
ARGYLL COY. - INFANTRY

LARGS COY. - INFANTRY
FARRIN COY. - ENGINEERS

ISLAY COY. - ANTI-TANK

BLUE-HEART BRIGADE
209 XT-62,"CATAPHRACT" TANKS (-11)

32 SCOUT-AFV'S
10 MLV'S
(NAKAIOMA)
5 PREDATOR LAUNCH-PLATFORMS (NAKAIOMA)
1 COY. OF GUARDSMEN
1 COY. OF MEDICS

1 COY. OF QUARTERMASTERS

THE GOLIATHS OF ILUM
32 VH-140,"GOLIATH" REPULSORTANKS (NAKAIOMA)

5 SCOUT-AFV'S

MICHAEL'S LOADOUT
PRIMARY WEAPON: VIBROSWORD CAVALRY-SABRE
SECONDARY WEAPON:
BLASTER-PISTOL
uCT7JTr.png

uCT7JTr.png

PROVING GROUND: THE WANDERER'S DEPLOYMENT TO CARLAC - PART 14

6wiKK1L.jpg

Northern Srares Mountains,
Srares' Outskirts,
Carlac

Darkness is you, and I can see it.... Even your men can see it, Michael.

'These voices, man!'

McBain had a point, and with the companies he wished to utilise within the city itself, Barran was starting to see what kind of raid the Highlanders were wishing to conduct, picturing a wild run of Guerilla actions similar to those used by Lord Aron's Wildcat's on Muunilinst, but with bombings replacing the firepower of their tank-crew colleagues for the sake of maintaining their high-mobility. Lord Michael's expectations from what they'd achieve in Srares at full-strength were very much large in scale, so the news of their intent to achieve it with just two companies had left him wondering if they really did have the same level of destruction in mind, though in seeing how confident the Highlanders appeared in that moment, the Wanderer couldn't help but assume they really did after all. It wasn't like he had much of a choice either way, as time, the elements, the Mawites and the city itself were all forcing Michael's hand, bringing him to clench his teeth quite visibly as the Highlanders anticipated both the positive and the negative outcomes of McBain's last-minute demand.

MLGvvn5.jpg

'Aw'right then, yer on! Show me what we've been missin' on Galidraan III, show me what you've been holding back this whole time.... 'Cause ah wanty see that same standard on the home-front when we're aw done an' dusted here, understand?'

'Comprehensively, Milord.', the 1st-Leftenant replied without wasting a single second to answer, letting his men move off and into their respective contingents as the officers finalised their discussion. Stepping forward to shake his commanding-officer's hand, McBain adopted a calmer, kindlier demeanour in understanding of what it would've taken to deviate from one's own plan in such a way, and especially for the efficient, stubborn likes of Lord Michael. None of their situation was going to be of help to Barran in particular, nor would it be of help to any of his subordinates, but McBain knew that the Wanderer was more than capable of making solid efforts to rise above it all; the voices didn't appear to faze him, and the discovery of the city-destroyers' presence wasn't proving to be much of a factor either, but it was still obvious that the Wanderer had no need of any further pressures, and especially not from his own subordinates. With the issues considered, Randall would lean in and hand the Lord-Captain his highland-dirk, and thus by tradition, accepting his commander as a son of the Highlands in twofold reasoning; firstly, to put Barran's mind at rest, and secondly, to make a gesture akin to the peace-pact made between the Tuath and the Woad-Macushla in 864 ABY.

'We need to talk when the sun rises.... So stay alive, Michael. I mean it! The fates of the Carracks, Tuaths, Woads an' the Highlanders alike depend on it.'

zuBUE6E.jpg

Your will is certain to break before he tells you anything.
YOUR SOUL BELONGS TO US, MICHAEL!!!

'I'll try, trust me. Just remember this before you lead the assault - if they don't go down with shots to the chest, aim for the head and keep moving. Good luck down there, Randall.'

McBain would slap the Lord-Captain's shoulder affectionately as he ran off to lead the two-company assault force downhill, leaving Barran to gaze on the craftsmanship of the slim durasteel dagger he had just been given, beholden to a tiny item whilst Yorunarr stared at him with growing concern, smitten by an old knife as the voices continued to grow wilder by the minute. The Wanderer would remain quite entranced until the fearful shaman grabbed him by his shoulders and shook him into coherence, seeing a wide-eyed Novanian looking into his eyes with desperation, with the question hanging on Yorunarr's lips until he could hold it in no longer. 'Well?', the bodyguard began as the Cataphracts slumped back downhill slightly behind them, hoping beyond all reason that this was the moment to call on his ancestor-spirits, perhaps even his gods if they were fortunate enough. When Michael became somewhat more responsive, Yorunarr saw Michael's straying gaze towards his pocket as his chance to properly ask,'Is it time to show you what might help us, Milord?', hitting home his request with more impact to deal with the voices once and for all.

DON'T - YOU - DARE!!!
WE'RE GOING NOWHERE WITH YOU, SCUM!!!

'Do it! Let's get it out the way before we need to move - show me what you see when you ingest the Root!'
IMKo8kB.png

'Good thing I remembered my mask! Here goes nothing!'

SCUUUUUUUUUM!!!

PyWbzPy.png

PROVING GROUND: THE WANDERER'S DEPLOYMENT TO CARLAC - PART 15

aY3oDbD.jpg

Western Srares Mountains,
Near Srares' Outskirts,
Carlac

This fate awaits the fortunate ones, but rest assured - your demise won't be so pretty.

Go on then.... Do your worst, demon.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

After seeing the the bombardment from the front of the formation, Captain Brand would say a prayer for the fallen as the remaining 32 Goliaths were engulfed in smoke, rocks, shrapnel and dust from the multitude of shockwaves thrown out from the city-destroyers' first salvo. Though both the Rooster and his Carrack friend were saddened by the early losses, they were gladdened that the dead were going to stay that way, definitively free from reanimation's blight, as all the others after them awaited fates much darker in conclusion than the fallen ones behind them. This, however, would not dissuade the Goliaths of Ilum in their determination, cloaked though their designs were, as their fight was still hoped not to be in vain by then, and hope for achieving something memorable was still spurring every scarred veteran onwards. To keep their cards so close to their chest in this way, hiding all from their commander for the sake of their plan was quite unprecedented in the Galidraani Free-State, but Phillip was still sure his Lord-Commander (and his second son) would understand in the end; yet Blue-Heart Brigade's officers had always stuck by the Barrans, with some sacrificing their lives for the Stormchaser's meritocracy, proof that such acts weren't completely unheard of.

You don't think we know what you have in mind?
What sort of grass-fed beasts do you mistake us for, holy man?

wNcTjYL.jpg

'Almost there, Padre. Just a little longer!', O'Callaghan assured Brand, just doing his best to block out the voices with conversation of any sort, despite the little good it was doing, despite the obvious feeling that the voice were growing stronger as time passed. There was nothing they could do to counteract such monstrous entities, but the Goliaths of Ilum had proven every part as faith as their beloved chaplain, and would cast no doubts, complaints or concerns over the comm-link network as they continued arcing around the city, traversing the north faces of every peak they could to stay on course and out of harm's way. Every instinct was telling Brand's contingent to turn back, with each man shifting in his seat as the deepest corners of their minds called out to them in breathy, hoarse tones, almost as if the undead had voices, means to speak to the very souls of the living that defied all logic and reason. Finding it all too unbearable to leave unmentioned, the Carrack would break the brief silence and grumble,'They know nothing, for they know not of what remains unsaid, nor of what was said between us before.', beginning to show signs of fraying morale, revealing his state-of-mind with nought but the irritation in his voice.

'Be that as it may, it still doesn't stop them from sending hurdles our way- hold on a minute, what's that?'

ZOS63FC.jpg

Enjoy our worst, holy man. Ask and you shall receive.
Our gift, from Death to thee.

Peering out from the front viewports, the first to identify the nature of the figure in the distance would be none other than the Carrack, shaking his head and punching the durasteel frame that served as the vehicle's skeletal foundations, then turning to the chaplain with a noticeably grim expression on his face as more undead Carlaci rose up from beneath the snow to join the first. As O'Callaghan prepared himself for the smell, he pulled on one of the biohazard-suits and turned to Brand to query,'Do zombies count as hurdles?', before snatching up the Goliath's comm-link receiver nearby. With his free hand, the Carrack then pulled the suit's respective gas-mask onto the top of his head, leaving it off his face so he could be heard on the comm-device more clearly, wishing to make no errors with undead threats nearby; for that, above all things, was not how O'Callaghan wished to be remembered. Turning back to the front viewports, the Leftenant would sneak a last peak before shutting them preemptively, exclaiming,'All Goliaths, this is O'Callaghan! Be advised - undead are roaming the area, close all your turret-hatches and viewports right karking now! No exceptions tonight, bais! DO IT!!!', on the comm-device as he closed and locked each of the viewports personally.

'May God have mercy on these wretches.... LET US REDEEM THEM, BROTHERS!!!! END THEM RIGHTLY, AS IS ALWEALDA'S WILL!!!!'

Oh, what you and yours missed on Csilla. Be mindful of what you wish for, holy man.

Last edited:

Halketh

Libertas quae sera tamen

BFC_OBJ_1.png

S H A T T E R
C A E L I T U S
Dark Lord of the Sith
vestment | creation
Darth Solipsis Darth Solipsis
Rurik Fel Rurik Fel

edit_me.png

With his font of energy extended to the glimmering shade stretching from his body, the Shadow Hand would have to pace himself, knowing full well the lavishness Avernus Avernus would act with. As the lances of cracking lightning burst from behind him and their foe buckled, he felt the grip of his deathly talons close tightly around The Imperator's mind, overwhelming his thoughts with the worthlessness of his efforts. He felt it through those spidery threads, the grief screaming from within the man he tormented. Each fleeting thought penned itself across his mind's eye: every face, every failure. He could not help the contented rumble that resonated deep within his chest, a sound of amusement lost within the cacophony of the chamber.

He felt his strength diminish slightly with Avernus's act of malice, surfacing the reminder to move with graven calculation, lest his companion spend more of his energy than he could afford. A terrible fate would befall them both should it happen, and it was set in his mind thereafter to avoid it at every possible turn. The Divine shifted, sweeping his right foot outward and pivoted into a turn, placing himself to the side of The Twin Imperators as they interfaced. He paid little mind to the words of the Iron heir, finding quickly that the spell had played out precisely as he had wished for it to.

Irveric's betrayed body was a mere shadow puppet formed by his wicked hands, one which he could manipulate so long as his focus remained on the channel of the incantation. Helm forward, unbothered to focus on the Man of Iron directly, The Divine strafed slowly, slinking about the periphery of illumination. It was all going as he had composed; a score to herald the end.

That was until he felt the surging rise of focus coalescing within the Iron Skin of his opponent. Alas, a discordant note. It brought his brows together beneath his helmet. He had not been the witness to any sorcerous displays from Fel in his encounters with him, nor had he heard rumblings of such a thing. So what then, was it this stubborn Knight sought to do? It was a rare ability, the precise focus of a charge into the woven fabric of incantation, set to unravel it from its heart. It was one the miraluka himself often relied on, but never had he been on the receiving end of a sorcerous shattering. Perhaps that was why he recognized it far too late to sever his channel and avoid it.

The incantation unwound with an explosive surge of unleashed chaos, centralized on where the illusion had stood. With his proximity, Caelitus was knocked backward, stumbling with the struggle to maintain his footing against the indifferent floor. Toes bore his weight, finding purchase with the grinding of steel armor against the marble, righting his posture. He gasped hoarsely, suffering the pain inflicted by needles unseen burying themselves into his muscles. It was a pain he was all too familiar with, the very pain that had punished him for failures as he studied. It was enduring, but he would sever its power over him, ultimately shrugging it off here where he was drunk from the Darkness alone. The hand unoccupied by his saber tremored violently by his side, shaking off the residual crackles and jolts left by the breaking of his focus.

His smirk shifted, morphing beneath the featureless mask into a snarl stained by the blood price of his craft.

The distance furthered between them was closed with inhuman speed, Caelitus launching himself with bolstered agility toward Rurik. No further words of truth or challenge departed him unto The Imperator; only the humming growl of his lightsaber occupied the soundscape. The Shadow Hand darted in a flourish of white, blinking through The Force to descend upon Rurik within his heart's beat, thrusting his plasmic blade toward the very core of the light filling his Sight.

Last edited:

MOSHED-2021-6-5-21-54-4.jpg

Eclipse Actual

Engaging: Darth Senthral Darth Senthral

Loadout: Double-bladed lightsaber, blaster pistol, vibroknife, Imperial Mk. I "Dooku-Pattern" Jedi Armor

Allies: Lyra Vent, NIO

Enemies: Darth Tennacus Darth Tennacus , BotM

N5cG5gd.png

BFC_OBJ_1.png

N5cG5gd.png

Another enemy swept from the shadows, blocking Amadeus before he could strike the Sith down. Out of instinct, Amadeus pushed himself away from his new foe, facing him down as he watched the second blade ignite. He was not familiar with this foe, but in the end, Amadeus did not care. Instead of fear, he saw opportunity. He stared the stranger down as the challenge poured from his mouth. As he spoke, a second voice seemed to linger in the back of Amadeus' mind.

Coward... Traitor... Heretic...

Was there some sort of sorcery afoot? Or could it be that Amadeus' past was truly catching up to him? He closed his eyes for a moment, trying to push the voice away.

Weakling...

He shook himself from the strange voice that had begun to invade his mind, turning his attention back to the task at hand. After all, ghosts of the past could be addressed for later. Right now... he had a Sith to kill. His initial response to the challenge was not more than a laugh.

"Cowardice, no... I just don't have the misguided hubris of befitting a Sith lord. And if you find my tactics dishonorable, then perhaps you should look in a mirror. After all, I learned them from the Sith."

Amadeus could feel the darkness swelling around his opponent.

"Your master has taught you well, to a degree."

A smile produced itself on Amadeus' face as he continued to mock his opponent. He didn't expect the words to break the man, but he wouldn't miss a chance to potentially cause his enemy to falter.

"It's a shame that it will all go to waste."

With those words, Amadeus threw his hand forward, launching snow and dirt from the ground between them toward his opponent's face. As snow and earth flew through the air, he quickly strafed to the side of the opponent, cutting diagonally toward Senthral's midsection. If the distraction did its job, the former Sith assassin would be able to land a solid hit. He didn't expect it to be the killing blow, but this was not about killing him quickly. It was about finding a weakness to exploit.

N5cG5gd.png

BFC_OBJ_2.png

Roland Thorne: Eclipse One

Objective: Link up with allies

Allies: Michael Barran Michael Barran , Aemilio Valaar Aemilio Valaar , NIO

Enemies: Halketh Halketh , The Mongrel The Mongrel , Marlon Sularen Marlon Sularen , BotM

N5cG5gd.png

Roland felt a touch of comfort at the sound of the successful reply. He motioned for the rest of his squad to move quickly behind, with the rest of Eclipse Company slowly making their way across the line. As Roland approached his fellow Galidraani, he took a moment to reach out to the recon team in the hills above.

<<Eclipse One to Overwatch, we have made contact with armored elements. What's your status?>>

The only reply over the commlink was static.

They've abandoned you, Roland. They will all abandon you in the end...

Roland shot a look to the man next to him, a look of frustration piercing through his visor.

"What was that, soldier?"

The man looked to him in utter confusion.

"Sir? I said nothing."

Could he be going mad? No... the cold must be getting to him. He motioned for the trooper to ignore him and turned back to their new comrades.

"Good to see some friendly faces. Been marching through this damn storm with no sign of friend or foe. Looks like we've lost
with our recon team, might be the storm creating the interference.
"

Or it's your own failure... Tycho is not to be trusted... once a Sithie, always a Sithie...

Roland shook himself away once again.

"What's the situation with the rest of the armor? I imagine we won't make it the whole way without resistance."

Something wasn't right. Roland couldn't pick out what, or where, or how, but deep down in that gut of his, he could sense the putrid stench of uncertainty in the cold air. Whatever it was... they needed to move before it consumed them all.

N5cG5gd.png

Tycho kept attempting to find a better view, pushing further and further up the hillside with his team. As they traversed the cold, barren mountain, he could feel the hairs stand up on the back of his neck; that sort of instinctual reaction an animal has upon sensing danger. He picked up his pace, almost as if he were hoping to outrun the feeling.

Upon reaching another proper lookout position, Tycho took a look over the land below. The storm continued to obscure most of his field of vision, but eventually he managed to pick up movement in the distance.

"Chit."

Algren took position next to him, pulling out a set of macrobinoculars.

"Hostiles?"

"Undead, to be exact. Keep an eye on their movements while I get in touch with Thorne."

He reached for his commlink, attempting to get through.

<<Overwatch to Eclipse One. I have eyes on a large undead force converging on your position. Have you made contact with the Blue-Hearts?>>

Nothing.

Did you really think the New Imperials would take you in, Tycho?

The strange words seemed to echo in his mind. Tycho had no time for such thoughts, opting to attempt a second transmission.

<<Eclipse one, do you copy?>>

Still nothing. Nothing but the echoing doubts lingering within the depths of his psyche.

They're using you, Tycho... When they're done, they'll kill you like the rest of their enemies...

Tycho could feel the frustration welling up in him. Was this his own doubt returning to him? No... it was ludicrous. Eclipse Company had given him a chance at a new life. He had to believe that they wouldn't betray that.

"Algren, we're gonna have to find a way to get these comms back online. If those undead get the jump on our people, it could be disastrous. Lets get it done."

N5cG5gd.png

j52fYuB.png

SECOND_SON
CARLAC

ALLIES (NIO): Aemilio Valaar Aemilio Valaar Konrad Harrsk Konrad Harrsk Auria Blackmoore
Keilara Kala'myr Keilara Kala'myr Amadeus Blackwood Amadeus Blackwood Ranoc Sar Ranoc Sar

ENEMIES (BOTM/NSO/KOR): Halketh Halketh The Mongrel The Mongrel Marlon Sularen Marlon Sularen

MICHAEL'S FORCES
THE HIGHLAND BROTHERHOOD
ARGYLL COY. - INFANTRY

LARGS COY. - INFANTRY
FARRIN COY. - ENGINEERS

ISLAY COY. - ANTI-TANK

BLUE-HEART BRIGADE
209 XT-62,"CATAPHRACT" TANKS

32 SCOUT-AFV'S
10 MLV'S
(NAKAIOMA)
1 COY. OF GUARDSMEN
1 COY. OF MEDICS

1 COY. OF QUARTERMASTERS

THE GOLIATHS OF ILUM

5 SCOUT-AFV'S

MICHAEL'S LOADOUT
SECONDARY WEAPON:
BLASTER-PISTOL
uCT7JTr.png

uCT7JTr.png

PROVING GROUND: THE WANDERER'S DEPLOYMENT TO CARLAC - PART 16

dlekOdN.jpg

YORUUUUUNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Six-Eyed Gate of Marunesh,
Melarran's Firmament

YOU THINK YOU CAN WIN WITH THIS, MICHAEL?!?!? I FEEL NO PAIN YET!!! THIS IS POINTLESS!!!

'HOLY CHIT, MAN!!!', the young lord bellowed in complete and utter surprise at the new experience, one that completely dwarfed his previous experiences with the Root in his younger adult years. As the Wanderer had mentioned before, only voices and light-trails were experienced besides the usual hallucinations of changing colours and hues, all swirling off pointing in one general direction every time; what Michael was experiencing in that moment was something quite different, almost as if Archais was somehow there with him on Carlac, even though Lord Michael knew for a fact his boots were still sinking through the mountain snow. But in that surge of colour, light and gravitational pressure on his face and chest, Barran behaved in a way that would amuse those they were going to see at the end; he began to doubt it really was Melarria's Root he had just ingested in powdered form, thinking this was an ill-timed prank of sorts as they let the brightness occupy every last corner of their minds, and to extents that would even make Yorunarr himself laugh. Though with that expected of him, the Novanian ancestors who awaited at the Eyed Gates of Marunesh would expect much more of him, but noted Michael's strong-willed nature as he roared,'WHATEVER THIS IS, IT SURE AS FETH AIN'T MELARRIA'S ROOT ANYWAY!!!', just moments before everything slowly drew back into focus around them.

cvZlR5d.jpg

IMKo8kB.png

'Ha! So you choose to speak of the Root like it was some vile, spiritually-irreverent psychedelic still? Relax, Milord. We're still on Carlac if it hel-'

Interrupting the Novanian's tirade on the matter of astral-projection, purely on account he already knew, the Lord-Captain couldn't help but laugh and wave his hands to take up the task of asking his bodyguard to stop, finally understanding that something else was happening as Melarran's Firmament finally drew into focus. A constantly changing backdrop sprawled way out in front and behind the pair, and as the more-solid shapes came into focus, the Wanderer began to see that it wasn't the backdrop that was constantly changing around them, but it was the colours on and above the horizon that blended and created new shades and hues in their wake. In awestruck wonder, all the laughter died out to sighs of amazement, in turn giving way to curiosity as he said,'It's fine, Yorunarr. Honestly, I understand what you're trying to do now.', with a reassuring nod in the shaman's direction. Whatever was about to happen, Barran was beginning to feel confident that his power-restrictions would matter very little once all was said and done in the spiritual realm of Yorunarr's people, regaining as much of his focus and humility as possible, anticipating it wouldn't be long before ancestral spirits graced the warriors with their presence.

fI95cnf.jpg

WE WILL LAY WASTE TO THIS REALM, MICHAEL!!!!
YOUR FRIEND, AND HIS BELOVED PANTHEON - WILL PERISH!!!!

'Don't know about you, but I'm sure these voices are chatting chit about yer gods.', Lord Michael baulked, to Yorunarr and at the voices at the same time, referring to the latter in third-person to rile up the entities as much as possible. Yorunarr's mask would turn and nod in agreement, with laughter ringing forth from it throughout the expression, though other voices would ring out with the same heart mirth all around them, shielding them with the joy of the Novanian's proud ancestors as the voices continued to grow more erratic; entities who were running short on places to hide from the light, entities who would scream from within as the Firmament beamed with deeper, richer colours around them, giving substance to the entire perceivable dimension as far as the projecting eye could see. Joining in the laughter as the voices manifested into skulls before them, Michael would express the most disdainful, humiliating laugher as his presence and the masks surrounded the two skulls in complete fearlessness, though the Woad himself would relent enough to goad the Novanian by asking,'Whit? You jus' gawnty take that lyin' doun, are ye?', to which yet another chorus of celestial mirth rang out in response.

KNKkkUv.png

I like your friend's attitude, Yorunarr. And judging by the look behind your mask, this one is different to the Lord you serve.

PyWbzPy.png

PROVING GROUND: THE WANDERER'S DEPLOYMENT TO CARLAC - PART 17

CAkHPpx.jpg

Near Srares' Outskirts, Carlac

Can you hear them yet?
The undead are coming for you, scum.

yOu DoN't sAy, mAtE! cOuLdN't PoSsIbLy ThInK tO fInD zOmBiEs oN cArLaC, nO wAy!

The Highland Brotherhood had been anticipating such an undead swarm since one of the voices let slip that they had intended for this to happen from the offset, making it easier to plot their way into the city if a large herd of potential hazards were drawn away from all the risky nooks and crannies that could've potentially been fatal for anyone trying to clear the northern districts. They were at the very gates of Srares' outskirts, but the intentions of the voices and their own seemed to work in accordance, making good use of the irritations' erratic choices in sending evils to ruin the Highlander's chances of prevailing, slim as they were at the time. Everyone was in position to act if their preparations misfired or didn't detonate at all, with LMGs focused in the center with plenty small-arms fire supremacy in support, which only ended up making the 1st-Leftenant's heart-rate flutter in apprehension, but McBain liked to channel that sort of energy into something extremely violent instead. Looking ahead to the Chief-Engineer, the 1st-Leftenant knew well beforehand that he would be pinning a lot of his hopes on the bookish Sergeant Major, completely fine with that fact as he inquired,'CSM STEWART!!!! WE ALL SET, AYE?!?!?!', roaring over the heavy winds to be heard clearly.

Even if he knows what he is doing, you haven't enough explosives for all of them!
ymiw26P.jpg

Look at him, scum! Pinning all his hopes, and your lives on gadgetry?
PATHETIC!!!!

'WE'VE BEEN SET FOR A GOOD FIVE MINUTES AW'READY, SIR!!! FIRST DETONATIONS START AT THE RED-FLAG TO MY LEFT - GOING ALL THE WAY BACK T'THAT GATE IN THE DISTANCE IF WE GET THIS RIGHT!!!! IT'S A BIIIIIG KARKING RISK BAITING THEM S'FAR, BUT IF IT GOES OFF WITHOUT A HITCH - IT'S A BIIIIIIG KARKING PAY-AFF AN'AW!!!!'

'YALDY!!! THEN GET YER ERSE O'ER HERE SO YER WORK WON'T KILL YE, YA DAFTY!!!!', McBain bellowed back, to which a thumbs up and line-patchworks were endeavoured in response, backpedalling as he attached lengthy charge-lines to each other in the process. With enough space created between the engineer and his explosives, Sergeant-Major Stewart hopped behind cover and settled himself into a spot between McBain and his own bodyguard as they looked out beyond, seeing the previously-bombarded gateway collapsing under the pressure of the undead multitude collectively pushing it out from within, with all three Highlanders expressing shock at the sheer scale of the destruction from their perch at the treeline. Even though the destruction was far away from the rigged depth-charges, the city's attackers couldn't help but recoil anyway, as what they saw clambering out over the rubble would leave them quite shocked at the sheer magnitude of their undead opposition, seeing the thousands of zombies the voices had sent to oppose the Highland Brotherhood's assault running up behind them.

PRkvIUD.jpg

'Well, here goes nothing! We'll see soon enough if annoying the voices was a wise idea or not.'

Enticing the zombies even further into their aggressive charge for food, the Brotherhood revolutionaries would unleash small-arms fire to keep the LMGs cool for the post-detonation pressure from the center of the defensive static-line; not that it mattered, as McBain's two companies wouldn't really make a dent in the overall numbers of undead streaming out and into the Highlanders' fortunately-placed bottleneck, not whilst the main mass of charging zombies were still a factor at the front of the pile. None would know what to expect once the dust had settled, and not even the men who had set the trap of explosives would be able to guess the extent of their efforts, so all who agreed to handle this part of the assault were left in an intensifying state of fear, sweating in the frozen snowfall as the mass continued to approach at a sprinting pace. It wasn't long before the final order was given, trusting in the Sergeant-Major's judgement call right up to the point the charging crowd reached his little red flag, then slapping Stewart on the shoulder to get to work as everyone dropped to kneel behind their limited cover.

'SPAM THAT CLICKER, STEWART!!!!! BRING THE KARKING THUNDER!!!!'

gq1QXfN.jpg

'HOLY CHIT, LADS!!!!'

Last edited:

Glossa

G
BFC_OBJ_2.png
Location: Lookout Position, Northern Srares Mountains, Outskirts of Srares - Carlac
Allies: BoTM ( Marlon Sularen Marlon Sularen )
Enemies: NIO ( Michael Barran Michael Barran Amadeus Blackwood Amadeus Blackwood )
Unit Support: Scavenged CKI “City Breaker” (2) │ Scavenged 74-Z Speeder BikesMarauder AspirantsScav KingsTarar Warband
Objective: Defend the City Breakers
Direct Engagement: Michael Barran Michael Barran Amadeus Blackwood Amadeus Blackwood

The City Breakers moved immediately upon the cessation of their initial salvos, rumbling across the lines at a plodding, deliberate pace, the commanders rightfully anticipating a counter-bombardment to rain down on their previous positions within the city itself. So big were the gigantic war machines that they carved deep ruts through the snow and the streets in their wake, followed closely by an escort of Aspirants and Tarar infantry, who watched closely for any signs of Galidraani presence within the city. After a few minutes, the two mechanical titans were repositioned outside the city itself, close to the head of the defensive lines surrounding it, preparing to unleash another devastating bombardment.

All the while, groups of Scav Kings took advantage of the chaos wrought by the bombardment and the Perished to maneuver towards the base of the mountains, setting up ambush positions within the forest, utilizing rocks and other natural obstructions for cover. With so many tanks on the field, anything that they could do to thin out their ranks would be worth the effort and possible sacrifice. Missile launchers armed with high-explosive, anti-armor warheads, E-Webs were charged, and electromagnetic pulse launchers were readied, which would perhaps serve the most important role, to disable the Galidraani tanks, thereby robbing them of their mobility and leaving them susceptible to bombardment or close-quarters ambush…

ChVAW7n.png
Glossa ran.

The powerful repulsorlift engine situated beneath the pillion of the speeder bike vibrated as she pushed it to its limits, the bike threatening to slip from her control with every second as the ground shook from the impact of the heavy ordnance. She initially managed to stay on, fighting to keep herself on the bike with all the strength in her body. Unfortunately, she was not a skilled rider, especially under demanding conditions such as these. The bike fishtailed in the opposite direction of where she wanted it to go, the repulsorlifts to losing focus on the ground and causing the machine to roll across the snow, before colliding into a tree. Having sensed the loss of control, Glossa let go before the impact, her body tumbling down a slight incline, before she came to rest within a deep patch of snow.

At the very least, she still had her legs.

Pushing herself out from the snow, Glossa took a deep breath, brushing the snow off of her form, though at second thought, she realized that it might be somewhat helpful to have as further camouflage, though her bodysuit was already white. Then, readying her rifle, the Jango Jumper continued her path down the mountain on foot, before suddenly stopping close to a lookout position, her eyes and ears immediately registering two things.

Her eyes caught them first: A teeming mass of undead, gathered within the mountainous forest in a clearing below, arrayed against a column of Galidraani armor. Then, not a moment later, her ears picked up the register of two masculine, accented voices ( Amadeus Blackwood Amadeus Blackwood ), not far from her position. She immediately threw herself into cover, taking care to make as little noise as possible, knowing that she could feasibly get the drop on the two scouts, to potentially take them both out if she was smart...

BFC_OBJ_2.png

Allies: Tegan Starfall Tegan Starfall
Foes: Keilara Kala'myr Keilara Kala'myr | Ranoc Sar Ranoc Sar | Aemilio Valaar Aemilio Valaar

Gasping for breath, his shredded chest heaving, his blood soaking into the filthy snow, The Mongrel nonetheless managed to rise. He could already imagine the new cybernetics that would be installed after these grievous wounds, plates and synthmuscles and churning gears. With every battle he fought and every injury he sustained, a little more of his humanity was stripped away, replaced with the cold strength of the Brotherhood's barbaric augmentations. He wondered sometimes what it would take to finally kill him; he had come close so many times now, hovering on death's brink.

When would he finally tip over the edge?

It might be that very day if he didn't get moving soon. The Mongrel could hear the NIO mortar bombardment drawing closer, a creeping barrage to scour the streets clean and allow their troops and walkers to advance in its wake. Even if he had the strength to continue this fight - and he wasn't certain that he did, not with so much blood lost - he didn't have the time. But as he managed to find his feet again, turning to face his foe, the warlord realized that it was over. The infiltrator had finally blacked out, the pain and suffocation too much for her to remain conscious.

She'd fought hard, though. A worthy struggle.

The Mongrel meant what he'd said; he intended to bring her into the Brotherhood's fold, to replace some of the slave-soldiers whose deaths she had helped to cause. After the Taskmaster was finished breaking her, just as he had been broken, she would become a powerful servant of the Maw. But that meant getting her out of here ahead of the NIO advance, and he had precious little time to do it. Reaching into his satchel of technological tricks, the warlord withdrew an injector and jammed it into his thigh. The stimm took immediate effect, slowing his bleeding and strengthening him.

Stepping over to where Ziare had fallen, The Mongrel scooped her up in his powerful cybernetic arms. He carried the infiltrator over one shoulder like a sack of muja fruit, feeling strong enough to haul her through the streets even at a run. He quickly retrieved and sheathed his warblade, then grabbed the spy's sophisticated gun as well; it would make a good trophy of the encounter, and would no doubt prove useful on the battlefield. With these items gathered, the warlord turned and sprinted up the street, deeper into Asoport. He would rally his Scar Hounds against the NIO push.

Ultimately, though, he had seen the fate that was coming for Carlac. The NIO would reduce every city on the planet to ash merely so that they could efficiently plant their flag atop the slag heap, more interested in making a statement than capturing intact infrastructure. The Carlaci and the Perished might be willing to fight to the last against that fate, but The Mongrel and his tribe had a different destiny, one they could not permit to be derailed in this struggle. They were bound for the Core Worlds, and no one would keep them from it. It was time to begin the withdrawal from Carlac.

So be it. He would meet these foes again.

jTqF62h.gif

NIV TREGESSAR
CARLAC
FALL RACHE
ALLIES: Auria Blackmoore | Michael Barran Michael Barran | Aemilio Valaar Aemilio Valaar | Konrad Harrsk Konrad Harrsk | Keilara Kala'myr Keilara Kala'myr
Enemies: Tegan Starfall Tegan Starfall | The Mongrel The Mongrel
ZtcXRU8.png

"Grand Admiral," Galston began, "Coordinates have been received and our reinforcements are touching down. Shall we proceed?" Carlyle looked over the display of Carlac. Watching as the New Imperial Order set out to extinguish the many fires of sedition which had sparked on the icy world. Rausgeber took some deep breathes into his ventilation mask as he considered what was to come. The damage to Carlac's atmosphere would be.... Considerable. The toxicity of rhypalm, especially at its base component, rhydonium was infamous. And now he was about to drop several tonnes of it. The melting, the heat caused on Carlac, at least in the immediate vicinity would be... Fascinating.

Relieving his gaping maw from the mask, Carlyle nodded. "Let it begin."

From the vast, cavernous hangars of the New Imperial fleet above Carlac's orbit, a horde of TIE fighters screeched from them, followed by the baritone rumble of TIE Bombers. As they streaked to the surface, the TIE fighters and bombers diverged. The objective now was concentrated saturation. And they followed. As the TIE's struggled against the winds of artificial storms, the TIE's strafing anything that moved or wasn't in the traditional imperial plastoid. For a moment, the TIE's scurried ahead, clearing any anti-air defensive they deemed troublesome.

They were followed, at a canter by the cumbersome bombers, whose bomb bays opened. And then they dropped their payload. The chrome, shiny liquid spreading just beyond the enemy lines, and before the glow of a red flare, igniting it. However, the rhypalms approach was not instantaneous. Large clusters of it clumped to the defences prepared. The ignition of it, lighting up the sky in a firey rainbow, igniting the sky of those below. Even from orbit, as all rhypalm splattered and burned against the shields. It was a glorious sight, visible from the viewport Carlyle was leering agains it.

"Confirm," Carlyle drawled, "That we have hit all targets." The Grand Admiral drawled, "And inform the Lieutenant. We are prepared to drop again at a moments notice."

Last edited:

BFC_OBJ_2.png

Objective II: Underworld
Storm Commando Team 'Cresh'

Allies: NIO, and those associated
Enemies: BotM, and all associated with them
Relevant Tags: The Mongrel The Mongrel | Aemilio Valaar Aemilio Valaar

X5Yx2PB.png
"Walkers, displace!" After what felt like an eternity of blaster fire - surely just a handful of seconds, in actuality - Ranoc shouted this order across Cresh's communications. Dozens, hundreds of holes started shredding to life throughout the walls of their claimed floor, though just yet no definitive deaths have been caused, as far as the defending savages could see. Tenebrae armor is notoriously durable, after all - but that doesn't make it impervious. Just as he'd started hustling his squad towards the stairs in a counter-push, turning the superior number of the enemy above to something close to meaningless in the bottleneck, he heard something that he'd dread.

"Cresh 2 is hit! Intact and alive, but they've suffered multiple fractures and serious contusions!" It took only a second for Ranoc to wordlessly direct the speaker - Cresh 3 - to begin medical treatment with the simple placement of a virtual marker. Technology - what a wonderful thing to have an excess of. Speaking of technology, there was still a particular grenade that he had on his belt - a singular null grenade, one he intended to make good use of. While sitting behind a rapidly-deteriorating plasteel table that he's flipped over, he motions to the commando currently covering the medical situation. "Null grenade, north!"

The commando complies and takes his own singular grenade in hand, depressing the device before rolling it to the northern wall, facing the camp's burning core. Almost exactly at the same time, with perhaps a regrettable half-second delay, Ranoc's own grenade rolls around his cover to the now-ruined southern wall. Both sections are swiftly covered in the blaster bolt-negating smoke, with only the most potent of blasts having a chance to make it through - and even then, such bolts have been lessened in strength. 'Less' dangerous, if rotary blaster cannons can be called such.

Back at the stairs, the singular commando keeping watch there - with multiple scorch marks along his armor from various impacts - has just tossed his own grenade. This one was hardly anything special, being little more than a fragmentation grenade. The resulting detonation at the top of the stairs produces a concussive 'thump' that sends dust raining from above. "Those are our mortars - keep holding for a few more minutes, the 501st will relieve us soon!"

That's if they don't miss the six Special Operations Command transponders in the city center, of course.

YOU ARE NAUGHT BUT A WORTHLESS WRETCH, WITH A LEGACY OF SUBMISSION AND GENOCIDE. CATHAR WILL BURN ONCE MORE, RANOC SAR.

BFC_OBJ_1.png

I M P E R A T O R
New Imperial Order
Knights of the Empire
501st Stormtrooper Legion
Iron Skin |
Lightsaber
Halketh Halketh | Avernus Avernus | Darth Solipsis Darth Solipsis
N5cG5gd.png

eH6JCi3.jpg

IRON

Even in the explosive fury reaped by the shattering by his hand- he'd seized the respite he needed from this harrowing dervish of darkness that enveloped him. He could feel the air flooding into his lungs again, rejuvenated. As much as he thought the Sith he'd ressurected to gather under his raven black wings would surge to be apart of his flock, he was as alone as Rurik was in this arena and in cutting down the haunting illusion erected before Rurik in the ethereal, within the realm between realms- he was a wounded wolf backed into its corner and with nothing to lose- he expected Caelitus to lash back with fury.

Instead of pressing the initiative himself- he awaited that expected retort, finding his feet under him once more, the iron bulwark stood in its place and Halketh was quick to plant his venomous sting in the Iron Imperator. In that split moment- he slowed time down in his own perception of it- having nothing to focus on but the micro movements of his own mortal shell and his adversary, he sought to catch Halketh's surge like cavalry thrust against a line of pikemen.

Initiative, momentum, gone with a whimper. His argent blade grasped at air with another hiss of the blade, akin to steel across leather as the Shadow Hand went to bear down on it. Settling into the way of the vaapad, his lone, cybernetic hand holding onto the hilt of the blade was more than enough to sustain the furious assault. In Rurik's other hand, he willed an ethereal static force between his fingers before splaying them out in a nigh explosive fury, sending a chain of argent lightning coursing toward the Traitor's heard.

The way of the Imperial Knight was not to rigidly uphold the traditional doctrines of saber combat or whatever 'virtue' came in setting artificial bounds between adversaries. That may have been the way of Jedi and Sith- who both had too much to lose and thus relented to inflict the coup de grace on one another- the Jedi citing attempts at redemption they'd never dare on opposing soldiers whilst the Sith knew it would be more beneficial to slink away into the night and huddle over their riches than ever stand for something at all.

The knight's duty was to vanquish the enemy, by any and all means available. There was no fighting dirty, there was only fighting to win. As soon as Halketh declared his role as traitor, the gavel slammed and the sentence struck. He was a dead man walking, in all the ways he'd prefer it not to be.

"Your illusions mean nothing. You mean nothing. And you have to die."
He said, his voice reverberating with a will of iron and fire- seeking to press his weight into the saber lock to lean his blade down and forward for a strike into Halketh's armor.

"The Sith oft seek to make the mind their arena...with the delusion that they're stronger there. You would not survive a moment in the fire I live within, traitor...and you will know." He said before unleashing another cataclysmic storm of argent from his finger tips.

ChVAW7n.png

DARTH SENTHRAL​

Objective: Survive fight with Amadeus Blackwood Amadeus Blackwood

Weaponry: Double Blades Crimson Lightsaber, and the Dark Side of the Force

There was no time to think on the man’s words, the only thing that had time to course through his mind? ‘Don’t get cut in half you bloody fool!’ He obeyed this voice with a dodge away, his blinded eyes were of no use, but his other senses still obeyed him fine. This was no Sith Magics. This was something a street urchin learned to steal food from those bigger and faster than themselves. Though it was simple, it was also effective, and he didn’t escape without a searing burn across his side. Thank the Force there was only pain, no real injury that would stop him.

Pain was an ally to him as much as Darth Tennacus Darth Tennacus the Sith who fought so near. They both taught him valuable lessons, and both would help him grow stronger. The pain drew more rage from Senthral’s mind, and the rage fueled the Dark Side evermore. Power whipping in him like the storm of emotions he once showed plain on his face. Now stoicism. Unwise to let your enemy know exactly how you feel, even if that feeling was burning your side like no other.

So many thoughts piled him, and yet at the center of them was his focus on the ongoing duel. Without clearing his eyes he whipped around with his enemy, following like a wolf on his trail. His two blades became one in a quick switch, and a diagonal slash was thrown towards the opposer. He could not see him, but felt him there, maybe he would just graze him by surprise. Even if not, it would probably put distance between them. Allow him to safely unblind himself, eyes stung like the wound on his side. Reminding him once more of his hatred for the other.

New_Sith_Order_Banner_Final.png

BFC_OBJ_2.png

V O I D W A L K E R
NEW IMPERIAL ORDER
ASOPORT, CARLAC
ALLIES: Konrad Harrsk Konrad Harrsk Auria Blackmoore Michael Barran Michael Barran Keilara Kala'myr Keilara Kala'myr Ranoc Sar Ranoc Sar
ENEMIES: Carlaci Corps, Perished, Mawite Warbands The Mongrel The Mongrel Tegan Starfall Tegan Starfall
N5cG5gd.png

"Adjustments..." He started.

Close, but not close enough.

Thankfully, all it took was inputting meterage changes. When he gave the signal for the second shelling, the plumes of smoke and debris that flew up in the air some ways away, was satisfactory enough to not require additional adjustments.

<<Status, Vinso?>> Aemilio said.

<<Everybody is in position. Awaiting your order to execute.>>

While the Lieutenant lingered in the rear guard in anticipation of the Stossgrenadiers and the mortar teams, the rest of the platoon prepared to capitalize on the Mawite groups that had been in hiding. More so now, on account of the mortars keeping them stuck indoors, if the building had not been leveled in its entirety.

<<Engage: Breach and clear, Sergeant.>>

A click to confirm, and the squads were off.

The mortar shelling came to an end, but their targets still yet remained victim of the Black Hands. Detonators were thrown in, the explosive force not too dissimilar from the mortar shelling from before, and then they were in. With disruptors, shellshocked occupants couldn't put up much of a fight. Typically, a single bolt was complete disintegration. The space the Mawite fighters occupied emptied, save for some singed scraps of clothing that they had been wearing.

Yet, some teams fared better than others.

Those replacements for Korriban and Circumtore fell into traps. Traps that the Maw fanatics were prone to employing. Playing dead, rigged corpses or doorways. Their screams echoed off the walls of the building before they were collapsed or consumed in a blaze of fire. From Aemilio's distance, all he could hear was the heavy stomping of metallic feet dropping into the earth, before hydraulic coils raised it again.

The ruinous surroundings did little to impede the walkers with their armoured escort of Cataphracts and supporting artillery teams. If a downed structure blocked the way, the immense foot pads flattened it under foot.

The Stossgrenadiers had arrived.

Just in time for the horde of Perished to assault the mortar positions.

Without that sixth sense warning him of danger thanks to the cradle on his back, he only noticed when a bolt whizzed past him, penetrating the helmet of the trooper beside him. The lumbering figures had some difficultly climbing up the rubble packed street. The mortar team had taken position in the ruins of the collapsed building that spilled into the street.

The roving dead came upon them in droves. Disruptor carbines and rifles immediately came to life as mortar crews abandoned their equipment in the chaos. The Ysalimir Cradle did more than just sever the ability for the dark voices to tax his mental, but also the connection between the dead and their master. He didn't wait long enough to see the animated corpses return to the plains of the dead, or become feral like intel suggested. They were gunned down by his upraised carbine before and after, they entered the range of the invisible force dead bubble that permeated around him.

Armour plates clattered to the ground as the dead were slain permanently.

The vehicle column was trapped in the street, unable to form into a favourable defensive formation on account of the shield walkers obstructing most of the road. Laser cannons and anti-infantry guns were the main source of death dealing fire the Perished were plagued with. The heavy duty guns, fired occasionally. Explosions burst from the earth as missile pods reduced buildings and alleyways to superheated slag. Their bodies dropped, chopped into pieces from the sheer intensity of the beams and bolts. But there were always many more to replace them.

"From underground!" A trooper cried, arm raised to point off the main road.

The building the trooper indicated had clearly earned the 501st's ire. The roof appeared to be caved inwards, broken by the hammer of artillery shelling. Yet, bodies looked to be clambering out from its ruins.

<<Cataphract-Lead! Get a carbonite missile into that collapsed building! 10 o' clock!>>

In the midst of reloading his own power cell, Aemilio couldn't tell if there was a confirmation. Did it matter? The bodies of the dead were piling up and the troopers were gradually retreating into the protective frame of the lead AT-ASG. Modernized repeaters mowing down droves of the Carlaci Corps disguised Perished. The survivors of the Black Hands rear forces had already abandoned their heavy equipment, and had scrambled into a building on the other side of the road. As Aemilio approached, energy bolts shot out to gun down the Perished. From the armoured company, the Cataphracts maneuvered to the front, with repulsors, the rubble was non-existent.

The first of the tanks fired, lacing the quick cooling carbonite through the structure on impact.

The second and third tanks were in a constant state of firing on the Perished. Infantry armours were not enough to stand up to the firepower, and they were cut into burning pieces if not picked apart by the disruptor weapons. Once they were in position, the fired carbonite missiles exploded in the lower levels of the caved in building.

At first, he barely noticed the difference, but as the skirmish went on, there were fewer and fewer of the undead, and he was gradually surrounded by more of the dead.

He didn't know for how longer they held back the dead, but when it was finally over, he huffed, looking around. Faceless expressions looked up at him. What was behind those visors? Pain? Betrayal? Trust? He shook his head, tightening the Ysalimiri cradle straps. Exhaling silently, he eyed the rest of the survivors with a leveled look.

"Find our dead and destroy them."

It was a better fate than facing their own comrades again, should it come to resurrection. As far as the assault on Carlac went, he had no way of knowing how it fared. Had others made better progress? There was no telling from here. Their only choice was to press the city's defenses until they could no longer do so.

In the sky above, he could hear crackling and sizzling. Bright lights flashing as for the first time, he recognized the city's shield was in effect.

"The Admiral's bombing run!" The voice was unfamiliar, and triggered Valaar to look.

One of the Stossgrenadiers hung off the side of the towering AT-ASG.

j52fYuB.png

10th post
SECOND_SON
CARLAC

MICHAEL'S FORCES
THE HIGHLAND BROTHERHOOD
ARGYLL COY. - INFANTRY

LARGS COY. - INFANTRY
FARRIN COY. - ENGINEERS

ISLAY COY. - ANTI-TANK

BLUE-HEART BRIGADE
209 XT-62,"CATAPHRACT" TANKS

32 SCOUT-AFV'S
10 MLV'S
(NAKAIOMA)
1 COY. OF GUARDSMEN
1 COY. OF MEDICS

1 COY. OF QUARTERMASTERS

THE GOLIATHS OF ILUM

5 SCOUT-AFV'S

MICHAEL'S LOADOUT
SECONDARY WEAPON:
BLASTER-PISTOL
uCT7JTr.png

uCT7JTr.png

PROVING GROUND: THE WANDERER'S DEPLOYMENT TO CARLAC - PART 18

x5M8znH.jpg

The Six-Eyed Gate of Marunesh,
Melarran's Firmament

WE GROW STRONGER WITH EVERY PASSING MOMENT, MICHAEL!!!! FACE US WITH RESPECT!!!!
YOU'LL BE STARING INTO THE DEEPS OF OUR EYES SOONER OR LATER!!!!

'Many thanks, Milady. And I assume you to be the great Mother Melarria, is this correct?', the young lord asked, to which a slow and gracious bowing nod was given in reply. Seeing this kindness from a being much older, much greater than he ever could be surprised Michael greatly, understanding that the goddess's suspicions towards him would continue to evaporate as long as his heart was true; but also as long as he remained vocal in his attempts to both encourage Yorunarr and bravely endear himself to the Matriarchal mother-deity's mask, just one aspect of the many existing within the Novanian pantheon of Ancients. Returning the gracious bow of the head with one of his own, Barran would grab one of the voices' skulls and slam it into the ground beneath him, changing colours like the skull itself when the Wanderer continued,'An honour to meet you, Milady. I'm the last-surviving son of the man your shaman is dutybound to.... My name is Michael Barran, Lord-Captain of the Highland Brotherhood - at your SERVICE!!!', closing out his introduction by double-heel stomping on the same skull he'd thrown to the ground before.

NOOOOOOOOO-
FpFF2zt.jpg
'One down....'
But I am much, much worse, Michael....
MD7xAG1.png

This realm does things to your ilk, Michael. Just like Yorunarr, but saying as he can't bring himself to show it yet, I wonder if I speak true.

'You sound like him.... So I'm guessing you're Yorunarr's father, am I right?', Barran asked the next mask who spoke, originally seeing snappy recoiling in an obviously surprised response, but seeing slower fluid movements as the mask of Yan'Sharlim turn to bow with his own answer to the appreciative, grateful nod of affirmation. The Wanderer would find himself completely reassured that his bodyguard (and formerly that of his father) wasn't praying to evil, demonic entities after all, offering open-palm-over-heart gestures to both the celestial presences who sallied forth as he admitted,'You all honour me, truly. Though I dare say I am not quite righteous enough to deserve it, so I'll only promise this - your shaman will be welcomed by all as a member of the Highland Brotherhood. Beyond this, I know not of what ends he might seek.... This fate in particular, I lay at the feet of the fated in question, and only the fated in question.', with all the sincerity his psychedelically-bewildered mind could muster in that moment.

MD7xAG1.png

Excellent, and eloquently put! Now.... Leave this freak with me! And go with gifts from Melarria! You'll feel them soon enough, I promise!

TRY ME, SCUM!!!! I'LL SLAUGHTER EVERY LAST CELESTIAL I SEE WHEN I'M DONE WITH YOU!!!!

Yansharlim would then take his opportunity to administer light headbutts to both astral travellers, sending Michael and Yorunarr back the way they had come, losing focus and distinctions of form and landmarks on the Firmament's horizon; Barran would not wrestle against this part of the process like he had on his way in, making it feel all the more blissful as the snow and cold began to bite at his face, but with all the spiritual power still resonating behind him. This brought the Wanderer's focus back to an extent, helping him consider the immediate issues on both the conscious and astral battlefronts as Yorunarr was clearly doing the same, casting glances back at Michael that were every part as wide-eyed as his Woad-born commander, but still showing hope with nods of assurance that his father would prevail against the other voice. Smirking with the first show of confidence from the Woad, the Novanian could only watch on with curiosity as Michael roared,'GOOD LUCK UP THERE, OLD MAN!!! I'LL KEEP YER BOY SAFE, YOU JUST KEEP YOUR END O' THE HEIDBUTT-BARGAIN!!!', to which Yorunarr and the celestials howled with laughter once more.

oTtYFGN.jpg

IF I CAN'T FIND YOU, MY FRIENDS SURELY WILL!!!!

ENJOY YOUR LITTLE ESCAPE, SCUM!!!!
ENJOY IT WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!

PyWbzPy.png

PROVING GROUND: THE WANDERER'S DEPLOYMENT TO CARLAC - PART 19

jINyVdw.jpg

Near Srares' Outskirts, Carlac

'Well, I guess that answers that then.... Dae ye 'hink ye can pull that aff again, but further back?'

Once the smoke, dust and tatters has settled somewhat, the Highlanders of Argyll and Farrin Company would see occasional body-parts landing in burning remnants of the masses they had once been, but before they could allow themselves enough time to express disgust, Michael's best revolutionaries would hear the recognisable mass-moaning of the undead who followed behind the bottlenecked herd they had only just dispatched of. Hearing them before they could see them, the living were given no other option but to prepare for a fighting-retreat, not knowing of the ambush elements who were waiting for the tanks to descend the south face at the time. Whatever was about to occur, McBain was sure that he was about to encounter the most-hectic battle of his life, and as far as the Highlanders' 1st-Leftenant saw it, he would have little-to-no control over the matter until the sun had finally risen in the east. This was the revolutionaries' one-and-only chance to shine among the Free-State's experts in conventional warfare, their opportunity to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat, but the Highlanders were up against odds unlike any they had bested before, treading ground entirely different to that which their allies and opponents were treading on home soil.

'Dunno about your lot, McBain. But as far as F-Company goes.....'
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
jjwjjJK.jpg
'You'd be havin' a laugh if ye thought ye were makin' my lot hold a static-line against that! Jus' sayin', sir!'

LOOK AT THEM, SCUM!!! I TOLD YOU IT WOULDN'T BE ENOUGH, DID I NOT?!?!
I LOVE IT!!!!

'Hate to break it to you, Stewart....', McBain began, loading his SA-65 and taking a second to cast another dreaded glance south before turning his attention back to the troubled Sergeant-Major. Practically rounding on the engineer with an infantryman's imposing demeanour, the Wanderer's second-in-command knew he had no option but use the manpower he had to the best of their abilities, no choice but to rally the morale of the men he had to survive the engagement long enough to link up with Largs and Islay Company again; with the battalion at full-strength, Randall McBain knew he could utilise such strength to his counterattacking intentions, but without them, the 1st-Leftenant knew he would be in for the fight of his life until such links were established. Grabbing Stewart by the shoulders, McBain knew he had one shot to get this right when he concluded,'But whether ye like it or no, we're needing yer men t'haud the line with us in fighting retreat anyways. Lay yer charges, Sergeant-Major. Nae time for front-to-back, so lay them out fae here an' hope for the best.', almost throttling his comrade in the process.

2eLKCQ9.jpg
'Honestly, I hate you so much right now, sir.... If Farrin Company perishes in that karkin' mess, then on your heid so be it!'

He's right, it will all be on your head in the end.
YOU'LL BE SCREAMING IN AGONY WHEN IT FINALLY DAWNS ON YOU THOUGH!!!!!

AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!!
Ah hope you're sweatin' as hard as ah'm are, demon. Ah want this last laugh mare than you biht!

'Duly noted, Stewart! Now go an' look lively for all oor sakes! MOVE!!!!', the 1st-Leftenant barked in reply, shoving the Company Sergeant-Major in the general direction of the sole Engineers' AFV on the Srares' valley floor. With the engineers called into action soon after, the rest of Farrin Company would ready themselves for the most frightening experience of their lives, hearing the screams and hoarse bellowing as the voices of the dead grew louder, and louder, and louder with every passing second. Every last nerve in his body was urging him to run, like it was Randall's first firefight all over again, but McBain had a new weapon at his disposal this time; on that night of nights, when it mattered most, the 1st-Leftenant had battle-experience in abundance - and enough grit to match it. Walking to the frontline of the LMG maelstrom, the general body-language of the troops around McBain began to bear signs of hope once more, improving further when he bellowed,'READY UP, BROTHERS!!!! WE MAKE A FIGHTING RETREAT UPHILL!!!! FIGHT WELL - FIGHT HARD!!!!! CHA BHI SINN UILE!!!', addressing everyone within earshot as he raised his rifle above his head.

'CHA BHI SINN UILE!!!'
'CHA BHI SINN UILE!!!'
'CHA BHI SINN UILE!!!'
'
CHA BHI SINN UILE!!!'

A23raXY.jpg

Halketh

Libertas quae sera tamen

Hateful orange collided with vengeful silver, plasma warbling with furious righteousness between the two as their mettle was matched. The Dark Lord had expected a counter to his abrupt action, as it was mere bait to draw the Knight's blade from his greater form, opening up the greater area of vulnerability for a secondary strike. But it was as he moved to act upon this plan when he once more saw the energy surge into the freed gauntlet of Rurik's hand. Reflex overtook his motion, his own hand lurching upward to bar the progression of the lightning lances, tanking them with deftness, well versed in the art of defending himself from such assaults; learned in his years beneath Jedi tutelage. It would be Rurik's downfall to rely on these abilities, rather than brute force and saber skills alone- the very bounds the sorcerer was considerably weak dueling within.

The Divine strained against the saber lock, twisting his wrist into a stalwart angle to resist the strength of the man bearing down upon him. The lattice of energy absorbed through his grasp upon the ardent bolts surged through his veins, igniting his nerves ablaze with temporary flame. It would be enough. Lagging heel inverted and he regained the ground he had lost with a mighty shove, focusing his strength through the scarred muscles of his back to step upon even ground once more.​

"Your illusions mean nothing. You mean nothing. And you have to die." He said, his voice reverberating with a will of iron and fire- seeking to press his weight into the saber lock to lean his blade down and forward for a strike into Halketh's armor.

The Dark Lord's helmet twisted, eyeless visage painted in the strobing light of their blades as he seemed to fix his focus on the Man of Iron directly. He said nothing then, resisting still, the power Rurik attempted to exert over him. Until his next move played out within his mind, encouraging him to act. He must sacrifice to gain the upper hand; the lesson beat into his head countless times. It was ironic and had he the mind to humor it, perhaps he would have snickered. Rapidly, Caelitus eased the tension on their lock as Rurik bore down upon him, tanking the edge of the silver blade into the shoulder of his cortosis-weave armor on the off-chance it would short the Knight's blade temporarily.​

"The Sith oft seek to make the mind their arena...with the delusion that they're stronger there. You would not survive a moment in the fire I live within, traitor...and you will know." He said before unleashing another cataclysmic storm of argent from his finger tips.

In the same instant, his free hand snapped backward, conjuring up a wicked lance of raw shadow, the creation an almost imperceivable weave of Darkness, snatched from the very air that screamed around the two in the chamber. Swiftness became him and before the righteous blade could sunder his armor deeper, he thrust the Darkshear upward, aimed squarely for the pit of Rurik's saber arm. With this, Caelitus blinked meters backward, narrowly avoiding the splash of lightning that devoured and shattered the flooring where he had been standing.

The smirk he wore fell from his face, the features beneath his helmet shedding their delight in the situation as he grasped the sad truth. Rurik was not the monolith of strength his Knights revered him as, no, he was a man tortured through the ages and forced to become nearly what it was he hated the most. He tip-toed the line between his morality, disregarding it when it fit him, sacrificing pieces of himself each time he was forced to do what it was he needed to survive. Perhaps, in another life, Caelitus considered, the two of them could have found unity in that aspect of one another. Yet now, the one taught to suffer, and the one forced to, were on opposing sides of an inevitable conquest.

It was a tragedy in its own right.

"Define yourself by your suffering all you wish, I chose to live well above mine." Came his apathetic response, punctuated by the extinguishing of his saber. His hands swept backward before lurching to collide before his chest, digits locking between one another. His tongue shifted behind his lips, and the repetitious words he offered next were espoused in High Sith, accompanied by the ebb and flow of energy converging upon his position. It was a rapid shift in their environment that followed, the phantasmal shadows serving as their ring lunged forth toward The Imperator, forming wicked threads of lightless void that sought to bind his limbs. An insidious spider's web was building quickly, with Caelitus focused solely on the fly he wished to snare at its heart.

<"My Lord, the New Imperial fleet has fired upon Asoport. The shields are holding, but they won't endure much longer.">

The voice calling to him within his helmet garnered his attention, but if he answered, his repetitive chant would be broken, and the spell would unravel. He held fast, allowing the call to go unanswered. Capturing Rurik Fel took priority at the moment, something he knew he would guilt himself for later.

Now the real test of mettle would begin.​

Last edited:

ChVAW7n.png

BCC99003-A189-4593-9400-F78-ABEE3-B00-F.gif

DARK LORD OF THE SITH | VOICE OF THE MAW

Clap.

Clap.

Clap.

The Dark Lord's hands came together, their echo seeding the room with their rhythmic clash until coming to an abrupt halt after a final meeting. His smile was vile, poisonous almost as it spread widely in dark glee. It was clear from his face filled with dark grimace that he had intentions, designs, ideas at work within even this very moment. Things were playing out as he desired, things were progressing as he and his newfound Shadow Hand had foreseen.

"Gooood."

HIs hand rose in gesture from the throne of the Vulture, his eyes witnessing the storm unleashed at the fingertips of the Iron Imperator. His Shadow Hand, the Dark Lord was one to wield raw shadow, to mold the darkness to his benefit and wield the powers of the Dark Side like clay within his hands. "If you believe you know what it is to be Sith you are mistaken my boy. Do not allow your war of survival with the empire of fools and bloated heretics cloud your vision, this conflict you find yourself in now.. it is one of your own making. The New Sith have come. Witness power, raw untamed power."

A vile cackle escaped his lips, pure excitement and fulfillment of decades of planning. The struggle between Rurik Fel Rurik Fel and Halketh Halketh was the single defining moment that had seized his full attention,
"I will enjoy watching you break, just like your ancestor."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom