Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Lore The Carlaci Corps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halketh

Libertas quae sera tamen
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To serve as a frame of reference for NIO, myself, and other writers when engaging with the forces of Carlac, or creating characters who are part of them.
  • Image Credit: “Star Wars Snow Trooper and Imperial Droid” by Niko J Pope (Original) (Edited Presumably by Pinterest User Boba Fett) | “SNOW TROOPER ART 1st Order” by Ashley Clapperton | Official Promo Art by Disney
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Links: Carlac | Warlord Halketh | New Imperial Order

GENERAL INFORMATION
    76ce5ec7d9e5151c1999eb2a35e591cb.gif
    • Army Name: The Carlaci Corps (official), “Snowtroopers” (common, affectionate, if not reductive nickname)
    • Classification: Defensive force with a number expeditionary battalions.
    • Affiliation: The Carlaci Corps are loyal to their Warlord and his faction exclusively.
      snow_trooper_art_1st_order_by_ashleyclapperton_d9b6rpx-fullview.jpg
    • Army Symbol: The crest of the Corps reflects the nickname of its founder, Lord Halketh, and as such is the pale grey silhouette of a soaring vulture. Often, the trooper’s squadron number is placed just to the left of this, and their rank on the right.
    • Description: The Carlaci Corps are a professional military, boasting infantry battalions, a small naval fleet, artillery squadrons, shock troopers, and even infiltrators specializing in reconnaissance. As to be expected of an army primarily stationed on a frozen planet, they wear almost exclusively white and pale silver garb to better allow blending and ambush on the snowy terrain. Often when deployed to other planets, the snowtroopers shed their heavier, outer layers and armor in exchange for lighter variants, though they maintain their color scheme to preserve identity.
  • SOCIAL INFORMATION
    • Headquarters: Carlac, most are stationed at Icorith when not supporting other Provinces or war efforts, though a minor collective can be found at Arcpool as well.
    • Goals: To serve and protect the interests of the New Imperial Order, Carlac, and the current Warlord.
    • Reputation: To the citizens of Carlac, The Corps is held in mostly good regard. They do not bother the general populace much, despite being well-integrated throughout in daily life and instead just fade passively into the background in their patrols and duties. Some pockets of citizens in Deles (see ‘Major Locations’) are more averse towards the troopers and may avoid interaction with them entirely if such can be helped.
      Veterans are regarded highly and it would not be unheard of for them to receive mildly special treatment in clubs, cantinas, or restaurants.

Allied armies and troopers may think members of the Corps come off as rather cold and perhaps even aloof in conversation. Some arrogance plagues pockets of battalions here and there, though is mostly controlled and not widespread. Suffering this shortcoming in relations, The Carlaci Corps most certainly make up for it with their warfighting capabilities, proving themselves to be reliable, trustworthy allies with a wickedly creative streak.

In battle, the opposition may find that the Corps is notably resilient and resourceful, having been trained thoroughly to bolster its strategic and critical thinking skills. Not only this but they are ruthlessly efficient in their work, finding the most critical weaknesses of foes with ravenous speed, and exploiting it before the window of opportunity closes- what they lack in sheer size, they make up for with their cunning, often guerilla tactics.
  • COMPOSITION INFORMATION
    • Army Size: Medium
    • star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-official-style-guide-promotional-artwork-kylo-ren-and-the-first-order-11.jpg

• Composition: All of the troopers have nearly the exact same kit and armor, save for a few very minor distinctions in equipment and emblems.
    • Infantry - Standard infantry troopers toting A-52 Frag Storm scatterguns as their primary weapons, with blaster rifles as backups, and sport modified Adjudicators in hip holsters as a last resort. This unit is the most common in the army, and what most people would likely associate ‘snowtrooper’ to. Depending on the tactics and environment, some of the infantry troopers may pack flamethrowers to maximize the effectiveness of cutting off retreat routes, and inflict much more psychological damage to enemy infantry.
    • Aerial division - A small, non-combative sect of The Corps is dedicated to flying and aerial efforts, though is primarily focused on support roles. Most of the ships beneath their hold are for low altitude assault transport/ infantry gunships their own troopers and those of allies, moving to and from planetary locations, bases, and even the front lines and back. The pilots within this division only sport Adjudicators as side arms.
      A very specific squadron exists in this unit, serving as flight medics for critically wounded soldiers pulled off the battlefield, and are often referred to by the other Corps members as “valkyrs”; a very small collective of mystics dedicated to using the force to heal and stabilize troopers who would otherwise die without their care. Many of these healers, noticeably, are Zeltron.
    • Transport - A whole squadron of The Corps is dedicated to the ground transportation and coordination of troops, as well as the management and utilization of ground war machines such as tanks, both combat and travel speeders to provide warfighters heavy-hitting support they may need, or move them where they must go. Frequently, even the most stalwart of infantrymen will credit the transport troopers as being either far more valorous or foolish for their oftentimes intensive and high-octane roles in battles. While their focus may be on their vehicles, transport troopers are just as armed as their infantry counterparts, packing A-52s and Adjudicators should they find themselves pinned or broken down in unsavory situations.
      Combat engineers are a specialized role within this division and act to maintain the vehicles while on the move, managing and tackling the dispersion of ammunition, fuel, and even charting routes/navigating when there is nothing left to be done. Oftentimes these troopers, in particular, may suffer heavy losses, as it is their specialized job to exit the comparative safety of the craft and perform necessary maintenance on the exterior if it becomes too damaged.
    • Medical - A regiment of highly trained medics are dispersed throughout the various units- both combative and non-combative- to aid in the rapid response to injury and even death. Most of these troopers are chosen because they possess some mild form of Force Sensitivity, offering them a bit of better insight and empathy towards those they will inevitably come to care for. The medics carry distinctive red medical packs on their backs, adding extra weight to their gear, and making them more recognizable on the field. They, too, carry A-52s, Adjudicators, and blaster rifles, and are expected to pull their weight when the time to engage foes arises.
    • The Doom Division (DD) - A highly skilled, specialized battalion within the Corps with the advantage of Force Wielders blended in with special tactics troopers, the 'DD' behaves like the ‘kill team’ or black ops team branching from The Carlaci Corps. The troopers themselves are entirely Force-dead, allowing them greater resistance to the influence of it, while the few Force Users bolster and shield them to provide an entirely new angle and plane to combative engagement or reconnaissance the troopers themselves may not otherwise be capable of. This specialization is extremely rare within the ranks, as the requisites to form a unit are very hard to sustain. There are only THREE DD units within the entire Corps for a total of no more than three hundred total troopers falling within this category.
  • MEMBERS
  • Warlord Halketh - Supreme General
  • NPC - Liason of Military Operations (OPEN for PC)
    NPC - War Council Member #1 (OPEN for PC)
    NPC - War Council Member #2 (OPEN for PC)
    NPC - War Council Member #3 (OPEN for PC)
    NPC War Council Member #4 (OPEN for PC)
  • Rankings:
  • E-1 - Corporal
  • E-2 - Sergeant
  • E-3 - Staff Sergeant
  • E-4 - First Sergeant
  • E-5 - Sergeant Major
  • E-6 - Lieutenant
  • E-7 - Commandant
  • E-8 - Commander
  • O-1 - Major
  • O-2 - Lieutenant Colonel
  • O-3 - Colonel
  • O-4 - Brigadier General
  • O-5 - General
  • O-6 - Grand General

HISTORICAL INFORMATION
  • With the rise of industry on Carlac, it was only a matter of time that a force would need to be raised to secure and defend it. Not only for the planet’s sake but for the New Imperial Order’s as well. Lord Halketh quickly established The Carlaci Corps and set to work on developing a rigorous and decisive training regiment that would allow recruits to plunge headfirst into the harshness of the environment and use it to steel themselves. While they were never the largest army nor the most weaponized, they certainly were among the most clever.
    The mentality in such a soul-crushing environment was survival at any cost, and the cunning and bold were often the most rewarded from the bunch. Such a strategy was intentional in ingraining those instincts into the troopers as a whole to create an adaptable, cutthroat force of warfighters with the ability to overcome and continue fighting.
    A vast majority of The Carlaci Corps is stationed on Carlac, especially at Icorith, though there are outposts on other planets within NIO territory- especially on the borders- which host quite a few battalions of snowtroopers in their lesser attire.
  • The Corps is and always has been a volunteer effort, with recruits signing up of their own accord. Soldiers have always been paid well, with greater bonuses afforded to those who fill the more dangerous and risky specializations. Combat Engineer is the highest-paid position in The Carlaci Corps.

Last edited:
ᴄʜɪᴇꜰ ᴍᴇᴅɪᴄᴀʟ ᴏꜰꜰɪᴄᴇʀ
Hello! I'll be going over this sub for you today. I'm currently a judge-in-training, so this will require a secondary approval after I stamp it.

This is a well written sub and there are only a few things I'd like for us to go over before passing it on to my trainers. Let us begin:

1. Image Credits
  • The link for the Official Promo Art by Disney goes to the image itself instead of the source. I could find the correct link for you here, please change the current one for this one.
  • This link in the Image Credits leads to the snowtroopers databank article in the Star Wars official site, but there is no image used in the sub in said article. I think you might have meant to put this in the "Links" field, given the relevance of the snowtroopers as inspiration for the Carlaci Corps. If so, please move it to its corresponding field.

2. General Information
  • In the Army Symbol field you mention how their armor looks as follows:
    As to be expected of an army primarily stationed on a frozen planet, they wear almost exclusively white and pale silver garb to better allow blending and ambush on the snowy terrain. Often when deployed to other planets, the snowtroopers shed their heavier, outer layers and armor in exchange for lighter variants, though they maintain their color scheme to preserve identity.
    Given this is descriptive of the Corps, it would look better in the Description field instead of the Army Symbol one.

3. Composition Information
  • In the Aerial Division you link the LAAT/i to the word "transport". While this is not a big issue as the link is there, it would be better for the transport to appear clearly named for ease of access and identification. I suggest rewording this to:
    Most of the ships beneath their hold are low altitude assault transport/infantry gunships, used for transporting their own troopers and those of allies, moving to and from planetary locations, bases, and even the front lines and back.

Lastly, you could remove the "pending codex link" clarifications when mentioning Carlac in the Links and Headquarters fields since the planet's sub has been approved.

Once again, this is very well done and detailed!

Halketh Halketh

Halketh Halketh | Fevris Derzelas Fevris Derzelas

Greetings! I'll be handling the secondary today. Overall, nice work! Just a few things.

1.) Image Credit: There's still something wonky going on with these.
Tag me when you're ready for me to take another pass. Thanks!

Halketh

Libertas quae sera tamen
Srina Talon Srina Talon That's what I get for trying to make edits past my bedtime. Thank you for catching these things, I've made further revisions; though I have run into a bit of a problem with trying to credit the GIF at the top; initially I credited that Pinterest user because after digging for a considerable amount of time using what methods I know, I could not find the proper source of the GIF image, however, I should have specified that.

Is that alright, or should I press further into it, or remove the edited image and just use the original, unedited work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom