Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Antioch-class Supercarrier | Star Dreadnought

Status
Not open for further replies.

o9OqbpJ.png

A N T I O C H - C L A S S
S U P E R C A R R I E R

eaQPJ9W.png

"And I cast my eyes towards the sky. And there I beheld death."
- Ancient Text

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: To create the Antioch-class Supercarrier, a class of dreadnought for the Mandalorian Enclave.
  • Image Source: x
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Development Dominions: x | x | x
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
STANDARD FEATURES
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
STRENGTHS
  • Star Dreadnought: The Antioch-class is a behemoth of a ship in every regards, with a vast array of armaments, powerful defenses and a strong starfighter complement.
  • Mobile Repair Yard: With a large amount of industrial technology -- molecular furnaces, fuel convertors, refining stations, and even mining lasers -- the Antioch-class is fairly self-sufficient, able to make repairs on itself and starfighters within its complement without needing a drydock.
  • Fleetmaster: As a proper flagship, the Antioch-class is built to strengthen the fleet that it complements; with supportive modules, fleet management systems, and defensive systems to bolster ships around it, any fleet that the supercarrier is a part of will be significantly strengthened.T
WEAKNESSES
  • Large Profile: The large profile of the supercarrier makes it a fairly easy target, even at conventionally-long ranges.
  • Backup Hyperdrive: Should the primary hyperdrive of the supercarrier fail, the backup hyperdrive is significantly slower.
  • Maneuverability: The Antioch-class's maneuverability is much lower than average when compared to standard ships of its class.
  • Speed: The Antioch-class's maximum atmospheric speed is much slower than average when compared to standard ships of its class.
DESCRIPTION
Power. Fury. The Wrath of the Gods.

The Antioch-class Supercarrier is Roble Manufacturing's latest and arguably one of its finest designs to come out of its Fondor shipyards. While the starshipwright megaconglomerate had been previously contracted to work with the Mandalorian Enclave on its Star Dreadnought, the Darasuum Kote, had been in an ancillary role as primarily a provider of components and advisement. The Antioch-class, on the other hand, was designed and built entirely in-house for the non-Mandalorian military forces fighting under the Mandalorian Enclave.

As a dreadnought-class ship, the Supercarrier is a potent flagship and is designed as such. It has a multitude of different specialized modules that strengthen the ships in the fleet around it, from stealth modules, defense modules, and even communications suppression modules designed to interfere with the operations of enemy starships. It features production and repair facilities that are able to service itself and the small craft within its complement, and the addition of mining lasers, refineries, and molecular furnaces means that the Supercarrier can repair and replenish itself its complement without even drydocking if it needs to.

The Antioch-class is an extremely powerful ship. Its armament boasts a mass accelerator cannon, two large solar ionization batteries and dual orbital autocannons, as well as row upon row of deadly ion cannons, turbolaser batteries, and missile launchers. This leaves the Antioch-class well-armed, which is not typical for the carrier class, meaning that it could fight as a flagship without its complement. But nearly seventy starfighter squadrons allow the Antioch-class to overwhelm opposing fleets with small craft and is significant enough to overwhelm enemy starships. Not to mention the near-impenetrable defenses of the supercarrier that protect it from damage.

It is a true pinnacle of warship design, a testament to starship superiority, and will be a menace in naval engagements. It is the Antioch-class Supercarrier.

Changes Made: Formatting

Last edited:
Alban Roble Alban Roble

An interesting concept for a ship, there are just a few issues that I want to bring up before you move on.

Manufacturer

As per the starship table below only Major Factions can manufacture and field a Dreadnought or Superstar Destroyer, Please remove Roble MAnufacturing, since you are the owner you don't need to link the company as your submissions are automatically allowed to be used. If you want to keep Robble then it will have to be listed as "designed by" or something similiar.

Armament

Armament: Very High

The weapons listed here are more than Very High but are really extreme given the sheer number and power of the weapons listed.

While you don't have to change the submission, please be aware that the damage put out by the ship will be limited by the rating.

Hyperdrive

Hyperdrive: (Does this ship have a hyperdrive? If this ship has a hyperdrive how fast is it? The lower the number, the faster the ship is, you may choose decimals. Any speed below 1.0 requires the hyperdrive to be added to the ship’s strengths and accordingly balanced with weaknesses.

Per the quote from the template above a hyperdrive faster than 1.0 needs to be added to the strengths and balanced with weaknesses. Please do so.

Atmospheric capability

Do you have any canon basis for the use of a ship this size in the atmosphere?

According to the Wookie article on the venator

A stock ship was 1,137 meters long, making it one of the largest capital ships capable of atmospheric operations,

The Venator clocks in at 1,137m while the Antioch is more than 6 times larger. The stresses on a ship this size, and the power requirements to lift it out of a gravity well would be enormous.

Please read through my notes and tag me back when you're ready.

John Locke John Locke

Manufacturer has been edited to explicitly state it was the Enclave that manufactured the ship. Numbers on Armament have been parred down, and hyperdrive rating has been decreased to 1.0.

As for atmospheric capability, this is possible for the Antioch through the ship’s power generation (which is augmented through a Sybarium crystal, linked in the hypermatter annihilation generator sub) and the repulsorlift generator linked in this submission. Also I want to point out that despite then wookieepedia article you referenced with the Venator, there’s hard canon evidence of larger ships operating in atmosphere. In rogue one, 19 years after the venator’s era of operation, you have an ISD operating in atmosphere (over Jedha City) operating just fine, and that ship is already 500m larger than a Venator. I don’t think it’s this huge unprecedented thing for large ships to have the capability to operate in atmosphere if it’s mentioned within the submission and included as a strength, indicating that it’s still not the norm for ships of that size.

Last edited:
Alban Roble Alban Roble

The numbers on the armaments are still incredibly high for a capital ship, however, as long as you understand that the destructive power of a ship is limited by its rating and not the number of weapons it wields I am happy with those changes.

However, the ISD you mention is only 500m larger than a Venator, while these ships are more than 6 times as large, that is a massive order of magnitude difference between the two ships. As such, given the constraints of physics even as approached by the Star Wars universe, I would disagree that it is possible for a ship of this size to operate within the atmosphere. It may sit in orbit of a planet, but not operate within the atmosphere. Please remove or replace this strength as previously requested. Once that is done I will be happy to approve the submission as it stands.

John Locke John Locke

There are a few things I’m struggling to understand here with your logic. You seem to be enforcing an arbitrary rule that isn’t backed up by any solid facts and I have approved ships larger than this that have in-atmospheric capabilities and it hasn’t been an issue. Logical consistencies aside, I’ve removed the strength. I’ve also acknowledged your note about armament rating and yes, I do understand how the rating system works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom