Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Invasion Hope Never Dies | GA Invasion of TSE held Ziost and Tiss'Sharl

Stygian Campaign: Episode III
Hope Never Dies

ziostbanner_11.jpg

OOC THREAD
// START: February 28 - END: March 14 //

“The evils done to these planets by the Sith will be purged and order will be restored.”
- Chancellor Chandra

cj2JhgK.png

Two and a half weeks ago, the invasion on Ziost was brought to a standstill in the face of overwhelming Sith opposition, and the negotiations on Tiss'sharl have failed to secure the support of the ruling Tiss'sharl League. The Galactic Alliance has captured a foothold in New Adasta, but with Sith forces bearing down on them, the Alliance is faced with one option - retreat.

Supported by battle ravaged New Imperial Order, fresh from Helgard and still recovering, the Alliance needs to buy time to evacuate Ziost. Injured, outnumbered and low on supplies, all available forces have been deployed to establish space supremacy. For the Sith, it is an opportunity to deal a heavy blow to the Alliance and crippled both their military and government in one fell swoop.

While hope may have faded, it will never die.

ziost2-obj1-1.png

Objective I - Test of Wills
Alliance Forces are trapped planetside until the Sith Empire’s fleets contesting the atmosphere above Ziost withdraw. Every pilot - from veteran starfighter pilots to unlicensed rookies and civilian volunteers are ordered to their ships to hold the line. Facing them is the might of the Sith Imperial Starfighter Corps, enraged that their enemy had set foot on a sacred Sith world. Jedi and Sith exchange their lightsabers for starfighters and meet in the skies above Ziost for thrilling dogfighting duels.

Aboard capital ships, Alliance crews - short on supplies - do everything in their power to hold back the Sith Imperial Armada. Soldiers and marines, accustomed to fighting on land, are pressed into service as bridge tacticians, gunnery officers and engineering assistants on the severely under crewed vessels. Their mission is simple - clear the space above Ziost so the men and women of the Galactic Alliance may once again see home.

“This is Captain Giraan of the ANS Peacemaker to all Alliance ships in the area. We've sustained severe damage across the Ziost assault fleet, requesting reinforcements. I repeat, we've sustained severe damage across the fleet, please dispatch reinforcements." –– Teica Giraan, Captain

ziost2-obj2-3.png

Objective II - Preservation of Liberty
The bloodless conflict on Tiss’Sharl seemed to favour the Sith. Having retreated to Ziost, Alliance One and it's dignitaries are one of the first vessels attempting to run the Sith blockade, heading for Alliance space to stir up support for their cause. With Alliance One being boarded by unknown assailants, and it’s up to those on board to delay the advancing forces long enough for the Senators to escape the vessel. For the Sith and their allies, this is a rare opportunity to take out key members of the Alliance leadership group and sow chaos within the Senate.

"Yes, I say again, this is Alliance One requesting assistance. We are beset by Sith corsairs, our requests for safe portage have been paid no mind. This is a consular ship on a, ah, diplomatic mission…" –– Aerarii Tithe, Vice Chancellor of the Alliance

ziost2-obj3-2.png

Objective III - Remnants of Dust
The 104th Battalion and 7th Mechanized regiment brought down the walls of New Adasta, and have worked tirelessly to maintain perimeter. Over the past two and a half weeks, the ground forces have set up defenses, hunkered down, and provided cover for the people of Ziost.

The Alliance’s forces struggle to maintain their stronghold against the domineering presence of The Sith and hold them back long enough for the remaining transports to launch. Rather than broadcasting victory as intended, the Alliance reaches out for aid –– a message purposed for The Triumvirate. Iron and Light come together to seize the rest of the planet in a last stand.

"Hold out for reinforcements...Task Force Imperator has been deployed." –– Irveric Tavlar, Imperator
cj2JhgK.png

RELEVANT LINKS

Crosssymbol.png

ziost2-obj2-3.png

allianceone.png

OBJECTIVE: II - Preservation of Liberty
ALLIES: Enlil Enlil | Rurik Fel Rurik Fel | Kainan Kainan | Paz Koon | GA & NIO
ENEMIES: Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim | TSE - Open!
KIT: Lesser Ring of the Protected Mind | Visions of Gold | Taxman’s Embrace | Limited Liability

wsL0bBY.png

Three signs, all played out in quick succession, let the Galactic Alliance Senators and their assigned protectors know that their attempt to flee Ziost without incident had failed.

It started with deafening klaxons ringing out through the halls of Alliance One. Crew members scrambling to their posts and marines hurried to armouries to equipment themselves. Senators and other passengers, seeking to run the Sith blockage and return to Coruscant to rally support for the continued war with their enemies, began to panic or returned to their quarters in quiet acceptance that the end was near.

The wailing alarms stopped only for an operations officers to put aside any doubt that the massive dreadnaught was in trouble, the second sign that their plan to sneak away unscathed had failed. “Action stations, action stations, set condition one throughout the ship - this is not a drill. I say again, action stations, action stations…”

The third sign was not aural like the first two, but rather kinetic. While Alliance One was designed to securely transport Alliance official through hostile regions, clever engineering and advanced technologies could only do so much in the face of physics. As enemy bombardment intensified, the dreadnaught began the shake and shutter, knocking over anyone not already holding onto a handrail.

From the bridge, Vice Chancellor Tithe had a first-class view of the carnage being wrought on Alliance One.

Explosions blossomed as turbolaser fire from the S-IMP blockade impacted on the dreadnaught’s heavy shields and amour plated hull. While Alliance One was designed to keep its passengers safe, he was not fool enough to know that they could hold out indefinitely in the face of such an overwhelming barrage of fire.

Not that it mattered - reports we coming through that the enemy had successfully docked boarding pods with the massive starcruiser, with more pods on the way. The shipboard marines were already engaged in heavy fighting on the lower decks, with Strike Team Fel - a contingent of New Imperial Knights - heading toward the fray.

“All hands, all hands, yes this is Vice Chancellor Tithe,” he announced into the main circuit comlink. “We are under assailment from hostile belligerents. Passengers, ah, please make your way to the escape pods.”

if they're watching anyways

It always started with a feeling. Like a bubbling in the gut, a low hum in the back of her mind, a rising drone in her eardrums.

Danger. Danger.

She could 'ignore' it, most of the time, because of how often she was the one running into the danger. Battlefields, fights against Sith Lords, sneaking into someplace she wasn't meant to be. She knew it was dangerous. She didn't always choose it, but when she did, she could often do without the wails of the Force as it cried out to tell her where the next attack was coming from.

It was far worse when she wasn't expecting it.

Maybe she should've been. The Sith were relentless in their attacks, the Prosperity hung not far from Ziost, and the Alliance was on the back foot as the campaign dragged on. How long could they wait there? Two weeks was a long time; long enough for her, Kisaku, and Lucien to recover their strength. Long enough for the Sith to strike back in force.

"Did you hear that?" Her head twisted to the entrance of the Healing Crystals room where she and Kisaku sat. His wounds had been beyond her abilities, given how exhausted she'd been after escaping Carnifex. The rehabilitation had been slow but successful -- yet she knew there was still a gap in his strength and confidence. She'd done her best to console him. She didn't know if it'd work.

The low hum grew into blaring alarms. Something crashed in the distance. The ground seemed to shake.

She couldn't lead Kisaku into danger again. "Stay here," she said, heading to the exit.

Step. Step. Sprint.

Her stomach churned. She shouldn't have expected to be safe here. The Force roared.

She searched her mind for the few other Jedi who remained on the Prosperity. Okkeus and Aaran were the closest -- the three of them, the newest Knights of the New Jedi Order, had to repel their boarders. She reached to the two of them, bringing their minds into the meld to focus their efforts.

Aaran. Okkeus. We're under attack, we need to repel them.

Yet her senses found only more and more as Sith soldiers sank their claws into the great vessel. The security droids wouldn't be enough.

Would she be enough?

The doubts seeped in, as they did before every battle. She pushed herself forward, running to where the breaches were reported.

Last edited:
ziost2-obj2-3.png

THE PROSPERITY
NEW JEDI ORDER
TO ENGAGE: OPEN
THE GREAT MISCONCEPTIONS OF ME

kwzlsmL.png
2.5 weeks earlier,
Ziost

He looked at the mirror.

b-brother...?

It glared back.

"You should've stayed on Ruusan, little brother."

It cracked and burst into a thousand fragments; all screaming in his head.

"You came to kill me."

"You’ve become one of them. A Jedi of all things."​

"You disgrace our name."
"I’ll give you a Warrior’s Death...More than that Jedi queen gave him."​

"The Dark Side Dagon...It is the tool that I'll wield…"

"...to end my own suffering."
"To bring me Peace."
"For if you truly cared..."​

"You wouldn't make yourself an obstacle that I have to get past."

"And I will pass."​

Aeric’s kick sent him flying over the edge into a bottomless pit, an endless descent. The mirror’s fragments shuffled wildly, time reversed its course and glued them back together into a window - a window peering into Dagon’s soul; the Kaze homestead back on Ruusan.

Shutters rolled down, walls turned black and bled. Darkness enveloped all.

Until there was light.

Light illuminating his battered face and body, the red skies of Ziost in the distance and a blurry, familiar face.

Kas...?

Shh. Keep still, Kaze, evac is on route. That last step was murder, huh?

He was alive.

kwzlsmL.png

Days prior to the present,
The Prosperity, Ziost Orbit.

His eyes staggered open back to consciousness and severe pain washed over him. Dagon nearly slipped back into a coma but managed to resist. A world of white and grey walls and floors met his view. The irritating beeping of the heart rate monitor nearby cannibalized his ears until they normalized. Needles pierced his forearm, three of them, the familiar color of bacta flowing through them.

Jedi Kaze. Jedi Kaze, can you hear me?” a Bothan garbed in white shuffled above him. Dagon mumbled incoherently in response.

Say again, Jedi Kaze.

W-where--am...I?

Aboard the Prosperity.” the Bothan replied, paused, then added, “Over Ziost.

A bolt of energy rushed into his body at the mention of the world. He scrambled for the chaotic mess of thoughts circling in his mind.

K-kask…

Say again?

Arden.

Oh, Jedi Arden, she brought you back and-

She...alive?

She’s alive.” a soft smile emerged on the doctor’s face. Dagon mimicked it back.

...good.” the Jedi muttered before he blacked out again.

kwzlsmL.png
Now,
The Prosperity, Ziost Orbit.

You need to rest, Jedi Kaze. You’re still severely damaged and in need of a lengthy recu-

No more resting, Doc...had enough of rest.” Dagon replied as he put on a new shirt over his bandaged torso.

But-- but-

No buts, Doc. The Alliance needs every help they can get.they need me. Just like they did on Korriban and he was nowhere to be found. “You know the situation.

I do but-

Dagon interrupted him with a raised finger. No more buts. He put on the same old, now battered, leather jacket with the New Jedi Order symbol embroidered on his left upper arm. It had been washed but the rips and tears from his...fateful clash remained. He clenched his fist at the memory of his brother, a rock forming in his heart.

May the Force be with you, Jedi Kaze.” Dagon heard the Bothan call out from behind him.

He pulled himself together, or at least erected a facade - both mentally and physically - to cover the scars in his mind and the pain hammering his body. Joints creaked, muscles and nerves pulled and yanked, aches reverberated all over him. The Force tugged him to one of the many command rooms on the Prosperity. He halted on the threshold of the door, standing and looking at two conversing figures - Kaska Arden and...his eyes widened, Michael Sardun Michael Sardun . Dagon mentally rubbed his eyes but the legendary crusader did not dissipate into thin air.

The Jedi Master watched the boy impassively. “This is your leader, Knight Arden?” The tone was carefully neutral and behind that gilded helmet it was difficult to gauge facial expressions. But the way Kaska seemed to cringe? He couldn’t be all that impressed in the first place.

Friend.” There was a flicker of defensive irritation behind the correction, one accompanied by a subtle, yet clearly uneasy shift in posture from the Nyriaanan Jedi. As if acutely aware of the unseen weight of the older man’s judgment by tone alone. She nodded her head towards the injured form of her aforementioned through, offering further introduction, though none was apparently needed. “Dagon Kaze, Michael Sardun. Jedi Master, Lord of Light, Hammer of the Jedi, and unemployable vagrant.

Head shifted there slightly. Only Arden would feel the shade of amusement coloring his feelings here. Because for Kaze it was all blinded by Sardun’s presence in the Force. White hot like a branding iron. Some Jedi Masters exuded peace, comfort, they radiated a warmth that you wanted to stand in and bask. Nothing could be farther from it than this man. “Well met, friend of Arden.

His hands moved to his helmet, a click that disengaged the magnetic pressure seal, before the hiss followed Sardun taking off his helmet. His eyes were calm, grey like iron, and strangely enough both his former Padawan and him had the same scar.

I heard the Alliance failed in their attempt to cleanse Ziost. I am here to offer what assistance I can.

Dagon arched only slightly an eyebrow noticing the identical scar on both Kaska and Michael, his curiosity stirring for a question but it never came. Left for another time, instead, “Well met, Master Sardun.” he nodded at the man, a small smile crawling on his face at the two’s earlier ‘argument’ over Dagon’s relation to Kaska. Leader, friend, he himself wasn’t sure. “We’ll need all the help we can get.” he admitted.

He ambled to a halt before them, struggling to cover the limp in his footwork, and looked them both over. The near-mythical crusader of old stood just a few inches above him but his presence in the Force felt towering above him. The padawan threw a long-lasting glance at Kaska and bobbed his head, “Thanks.” the word emerging through tones of indebting gratitude and faint gloom.

The way Dagon was walking was frankly pitiful. Perhaps it was understandable, the way Kaska had told the tale, he had been in a fierce battle that tested his commitment to the Force and to the oaths he had sworn.

You are not fit for battle.” Sardun declared bluntly, but before Dagon could argue with him his hand already settled on the boy’s shoulder. “Close your eyes. Open yourself to the Light and accept my strength.

Kaska’s gaze hardened a fraction at Sardun’s words. Though different in shade, for a moment they became the mirror of Master’s steeled disapproval, matching gazes with the older Jedi in a silent dialogue before she shook her head. “You would have done the same.” She replied softly to Dagon’s earlier gratitude, cutting across the pair. “Regardless of what he says, what you think he says, you fought well. This wasn’t…

There was a hesitation, a momentary pause as she tried to grasp for the necessary words to take some of the sting out of her master’s words. Years under his tutelage had built up her immunity to the blunter aspects of Sardun’s personality, but others were not quite so (un)fortunate. “A shameful loss.

It was far worse.

A gentle smile breezed across the padawan’s face, despite the agonizing recollection of his earlier battle with his twin brother and the plain as-a-matter-of-fact statement by the Jedi crusader. At Sardun’s touch, the lying dormant Force, beneath layers upon layers of exhaustion and trauma, flared within. He clenched his teeth hard and winced at the sudden resurgence of pain. Healing through empyrean fire. Dagon fought back the urge to snap away from the crusader’s healing grasp, either out of sheer determination to prove himself before Michael or Kaska or both, or out of desire to bask in the Light that seared and cauterized the wounds of his soul left behind by his brother. “Fit or not - a Jedi must keep his oath to the galaxy, huh?” he struggled to maintain his signature, lopsided smirk. “Don’t really have much of a choice here; next time Kaska might not be there to pull me out of the rubble.

This was no peaceful healing, the filling of warmth that soothed wounds and pulled you away from the brink. It was as if lightning seeped just underneath the skin. The sensation of light pooling and threatening to burst.

The oath to the Light is paramount above all.” Dagon might not have realized, but the same couldn’t be said about Kaska. She’d feel it. A bond starting to take shape between her old Master and her friend.

Similar, yet distinct, to the one Michael had forged between them so many years ago.

During this battle you will be able to draw from my strength. If you are in danger, if you falter, know that you are not alone. Only together will we destroy the threat that is the Sith.

There was that subtle shift again. A faint ripple in the Force of something that vanished almost as quickly as it had appeared. Kaska giving another small shake of her head, but otherwise remained silent as she watched the pair interact. For now, whatever reservations she entertained outstripped by the growing need and danger that awaited the New Jedi Order at every turn.

Dagon was facing a crucible, much like she had done so years prior, that would either forge him into the knight she believed he was destined to become or break him in ways not even his twin had managed to achieve on Ziost. Though she disapproved of his methods, as much as she hated to admit it, Sardun was by far the best hope the young padawan had of achieving the former.

Once upon a time you were my most ardent follower, have you lost faith this much since you left the family you found with us?

Outwardly Sardun did not show the exchange he shared with his former Padawan. Yet, the feelings he felt from her troubled him nonetheless. What had happened to her since she had left to explore the Galaxy and do good?

Stare too long into the Light and you lose sight of the shadows. Perhaps I learned that the galaxy isn’t as black and white as you raised me to believe.

You have not lived long enough to know true suffering. I hope for your sake you will never see the extent of evil that permeates through this Galaxy.

And I hope for your sake you will one day see beyond the darkness you’ve seen fit to submerge yourself in.

She cleared her throat. The connection fading as she pulled back before he could respond further, knowing that it would only result in an argument that would ultimately serve no one.

Do not take the gift lightly,” Kaska instead cautioned aloud, “It will help in the coming days, but true strength comes from within. Look to yourself first and foremost. Now more than ever.

Yet again there was a pause. A look of uncertainty crossing her features as if she was unsure what to say next. Inspiring words and comforting platitudes were not her forte; another trait she shared with her master. In her mouth, they simply felt hollow and devoid of a sentiment she was ill-equipped to express, no matter how much she wished it was otherwise. “And if that fails, trust that the Force will guide you down the right path.”

Sardun inclined his head there.

Indeed. The Light preserves.

The healing fire subsided as Sardun removed his hand from the padawan’s shoulder. Its rejuvenating effect coursing both through his mind and body, a welcome respite from the pain even if he knew it would not last for long. “Trust the Light.” Dagon nodded.

One more thing…” Sardun said, before his hand disappeared into the folds of his robes. A moment later he revealed a smooth glasslike sphere. “...my Padawan has one as well, unless she accidentally destroyed it by sitting on it again.

There was an indignant noise at that.

If you need to communicate with us and you do not trust the security of your comms, this is the way.

Dagon picked up the orb from the Jedi Master and inspected it briefly before nestling it within the inner pocket of his leather jacket. “Understood.” anything else he wanted to say was interrupted by the abrupt wail of sirens. It was time to go into the fray. Once more.

May the Force be with you.” he solemnly said to both. Moving past them the duo, only to very briefly halt next to Kaska and whisper assertively, “See you on the other side, Kas.

One way or another, Kaze.

ALLIES: GA | NIO | Kaska Arden Kaska Arden | Michael Sardun Michael Sardun
ENEMY: TSE

ziost2-obj2-3.png

ALLIANCE COMMAND
PROSPERITY || BETWEEN TISS'SHARL AND ZIOST
Seto Du Couteau Seto Du Couteau || Vexander Graves Vexander Graves

SAVE A PRAYER
BlwFtWb.png

This might have been one of the huntress’ worst nightmares. Trapped on a massive piece of technology in the void of space. It was an impressive vessel, well-fortified and unique in structure. It seemed to live and breathe like a living thing, aware yet unaware of the persons that walked within its hallways. It was as impressive as it was haunting –– but it was a far cry from an ideal situation.

She was used to trudging through the muds of planets, pushing through branches and hostile environments to corner and corral a prey. The thrill of the hunt. Here, she was the prey. But she dare not tremble. She dare not let her fears known that they might be actualized upon.

Gido seemed to sense his mistress’ distress and pressed his snout against her limp palm. In response, Brama scratched the edge of his nose. Boyce remained posed sentry at her other side.

“Our comms haven’t been jammed yet–– I’m trying to get a status on Alliance One. They seem to be in a similar predicament..” Dash Pavond, her dutiful aide, informed the collective.

“We’re in a much better position than Alliance Once as far as I can tell, the technology on this ship is...astounding. An AI from a dead Jedi Master..very cool, I’ll have to ––” his volume dropped as he murmured to himself. He seemed absorbed in his datapad, and for once, Brama wasn’t annoyed by it. Instead, the looming danger replaced irritation with something more akin to gratitude. The youth needn't stay by her side, but he did. He always did. His loyalty was challenged only by her hounds, and if things got dire, she'd see to it that he saw his family again. Youth motivated by fond memories was a powerful thing..even in the theoretical Dash of the future.

Brama’s hand dragged down her face in consideration, pausing at her string of pearls.
Fidgeting to keep from shaking, she rubbed her fingers over the small spheres around her neck and stared out the window into the blackness. In other circumstances, it might have been beautiful. Twinkling stars, brilliant lights. Her hand drifted from her jewellery to the strap of her shotgun around her person, adjusting it across her chest.

“Do you know how to fight, dear?” The elder Tagge asked, treading into the next line of thought somewhat cautiously and turning to glance at the youthful representative of Empress Teta. There were few Jedi still aboard this ship, most of them had been deposited for relief on Ziost as far as she was aware one of them had been escorting them for the past while providing security for the bloodless negotiations on Tiss’Sharl.

One was Vexander Graves Vexander Graves , one of the Jedi assigned to protect them, had been the catalyst to the Jedi’s massive starship deploying to the intersection of space between Ziost and Tiss’Sharl. The Jedi in control of the ship, one Asmundr Varobalder, seemed dutiful to the persons a part of his order. He seemed cautious, and hesitant to make hasty decisions lest he jeoprodize those within the massive, flying tomb.

ziost2-obj3-2.png

Nearly three weeks had passed since the Galactic Alliance made planetfall. The City of New Adasta had become a charnel house, as the 7th Mechanized and the 104th Battalion ground themselves to a halt against the onslaught of the Sith Imperial war machine. What should’ve been a clean sweep through the City was suddenly turned into a hellish slog through the worst of conditions. Coupled with the seemingly endless bombardment from the orbiting installations and the Legions of Graug sprouting from newly revealed holes in the ground, the Alliance was forced into a bitter stalemate.

What made matters worse, there were non-combatants in play. The civilian populace of New Adasta had taken shelter during the initial stages of the battle and likely would have remained within the relative safety of their underground modules. However, ever since the bombardment started and the Graug took to the field, their safety was in jeopardy. If the orbital laserfire didn’t destroy their bunkers, their occupants were massacred by those supposed to protect them. The Graug didn’t care about their actions’ morality, nor the consequences that would arise from their butchery.

All they wanted was to revel in the orgy of violence and bloodshed.

The stalemate lasted for several days, as the orbital bombardment pinned down any significant advances that either side could make. That gridlock only ended when a stray round from an installation took out the transmission tower affixed to the Orbital Defence Command Centre, which silenced the countless weapon platforms fixated on the City. With that orbital hindrance nullified, the survivors of the 7th and the 104th capitalized on their absence. Within a matter of hours, the Alliance managed to break the stalemate and drive back what remained of the Sith Imperial garrison and forced the Graug to withdraw.

Even though the stalemate was broken and the City was eventually taken - Greater events unfolded elsewhere. The Alliance may have won the Battle for New Adasta, but they nearly lost the War for the Stygian Caldera. Thus, as evil’s might began to regain its momentum, the brave defenders of the Alliance dug in - fortifying themselves around crucial structures within the City’s sundered boundary. Their numbers weren’t enough to hold off the renewed onslaught of Sith Imperial soldiers. But, that dour thought didn’t take precedent in their thoughts - for they knew this would be it.

As they were deep within the heart of the Enemy-controlled territory, who knew how long it would be until the rest of Battlegroup Kenobi broke through? That was to say if their reinforcements arrived at all.

Nevertheless, the Alliance - nay - the 7th Mechanized whispered their motto and steeled themselves for the battle to come. Until the end.

RZ9C064.png

hFFx2Sh.png

// Ziost’s Surface // New Adasta // City Outskirts //
// 7th Mechanized Regiment; 3rd Walker Recon Squad. //

Scouting the Perimetre.
Sergeant Kolm Harper shifted uncomfortably in his seat. It had been nearly three hours since they reached the City’s sundered curtain wall, and the eerie silence was unnerving. Almost two weeks ago, what lay before him was engulfed in the relentless fury of combat. Countless Soldiers from either side made their mark on the planet’s surface, etching their passing into the very earth. Kolm saw the ruins of the various battery emplacements stitching the landscape. The smoke from their destruction long had faded away. Beside their metallic corpses, the Sergeant also saw several Fighter Tanks - bored through by the ferocity of the barrage they were pitted against. It was a proverbial graveyard, covered by a blanket of settling ash.

“Sir,” one of his nearby subordinates said, drawing the Alliance marine’s focus away from the perturbing sight. “We’ve almost finished our sweep of this sector. Trooper Desmond reports that he’s seen nothing but broken bodies and sundered tanks for the last Kilometre. Parker got spooked by some Vine Cats passing through the wreckage, but there hasn’t been any sign of the Sith Empire here.” Kolm nodded in response before swivelling his visor back towards the proverbial graveyard. “Very good,” he replied, with his voice seemingly becoming distant. It was clear to the nearby Trooper that his Sergeant was moved by the gruesome sight arrayed before him, and not in a good way.

Kolm had lost a few friends in the initial assault. They were attached to another Walker Detachment within the Regiment and were gunned down by one of the City’s defensive batteries as they approached the City walls. There was nothing that could’ve been done. Even the Prosecutor’s orbital strikes that softened up the battlefield couldn’t have destroyed every battery, let alone punched through the curtain wall. They had problems of their own to contend with and were utterly confident that the Ground Forces would’ve been able to combat those stationary threats with relative ease. This was War, and losses were expected. But, no matter how hard they tried to drill that into one’s mind during their basic training, they were still sentient beings who idolized life.

eTyYOHn.png
The Sergeant shook his head then. It would’ve been disrespectful to his fallen brothers and sisters if he had given into grief. The man needed to be strong in mind and body if they were to succeed in their mission. The past was a dangerous mistress, as one could be consumed by doubt and the unfettered potential of what could’ve been. Thus, Kolm did what he could to bury the events that transpired before. When the battle was done, and should the man see it through the bitter end, he would have time to mourn his comrades’ losses. But, as the Marine Sergeant wasn’t dead yet, nor had any plans of joining his friends anytime soon, Kolm cleared his thoughts with a heavy, sorrowful sigh.

His assignment was to scout the perimetre of the City and locate any traces of Sith Imperial opposition. While they had taken the Capital, the rest of Ziost was still within the clutches of their enemies - which meant that an attack could come from any vector. As the City of New Adasta was situated atop a rocky crag amidst the ashen tundra, the Alliance Forces were given a commanding view of their surroundings. However, only so much could be seen from the People’s Tower, a massive structure at the City’s heart dominated the dust-choked horizon. Some sightlines were obscured and needed to be investigated thoroughly - lest the defenders retake their Capital by surprise.

The outskirts of the City were but one of these obscured sightlines. There were far too many shadows for Command’s liking. So, Sergeant Kolm, alongside several Recon Detachments, were sent out into the City to decrease the proverbial fog-of-war. As they were outfitted with some of the fastest Walkers in the Alliance’s armoury, should any opposition be found - these Marine Outriders would be able to withdraw towards more secure sections of the City swiftly. They’d also report their movements by going through their respective chains of command and help their Officers build an accurate depiction of the unfolding battle. For information was power in warfare. The more that the Alliance had - the better their chances were at claiming Victory at the end of the day.

So, with his mind cleared and refocused, Sergeant Kolm took out a pair of Quadnocular’s and looked towards the dust-choked horizon. The Sith Empire would undoubtedly muster a counter-attack soon. It was a certainty that couldn’t be denied in any fashion, as the Sith were wholly possessive of what they believed to be theirs. They couldn’t let one of their City’s remain in enemy-hands, whilst they sought to push forward with their ideals of peace and prosperity through their vision of order. It would become a stain on their beliefs that would tarnish the entire institution and likely expedite its downfall. For who would willingly accept Imperialist ideals when the Empire butchers its citizens and couldn’t defend - or even retake one of their own City’s?

Thus, all that remained was to determine from where they’d make their push.

RZ9C064.png

voGnGMv.png

// Ziost’s Surface // New Adasta // Central District Outskirts //
// 7th Mechanized Regiment; 8th Company - Combat Engineers. //

Shoring up the Defences.
A partially-muffled series of explosions erupted from a nearby structure as the placed charges detonated. Captain Rafan Cardas watched with perverse glee as the building collapsed in the most dramatic of fashions. Every detonator was placed on critical supports within the building's layout, which controlled its descent. While it did little to stop the cloud of dust and debris from spreading into nearby side-streets, those timed charges ensured that collateral damage was kept to a minimum. Although the Sith cared very little about collateral, the Alliance wasn't interested in stooping down to their enemy's level. But, the Captain was also ordered to secure the City by any reasonable means.

That meant a few buildings needed to be sacrificed to see those orders met with a measure of success. Thankfully, the Non-combatants and Civilians were long gone by the time the first building fell. They were either extracted from their underground shelters and moved to the Starport in the City's Central District or were already dead. Nothing could be done for the fallen but to mark their gravesites and hope that they could return after Ziost was liberated. But, with every building that the Alliance Sapper's brought down, there was a chance that the surviving populace could live on to see their families given the proper burials, per their customs and wishes.

Every collapsed structure became a bulwark against the coming darkness. With the City's layout becoming more and more like a labyrinth, any enemy Ground Forces would be hard-pressed to navigate through the City with any ease. Naturally, only the critical junctions were left unmolested, as it favoured the defending Alliance Marines. With their focus narrowed down and concentrated, New Adasta could be held by a much smaller garrison. The advantage of terrain would be theirs to exploit against any attacking force and left their enemy guessing what would happen next. The enemy would be led into a series of successive ambushes, where the Alliance would seek to whittle down the Sith's numerical advantages and destroy their resolve.

Should the already grim situation take a turn for the worst, there were almost a dozen contingencies that could be brought into play.

One of these aforementioned possibilities revolved around the safe, tactical withdrawal of the Alliance Marines as they fell back to the Central District and the relative safety it offered. They would use the altered landscape to their advantage as they leapfrogged from one fortified position to another. Those withdrawing units would, in turn, be supported by the remaining Fighter Tanks that the 7th Mechanized Regiment had at their disposal. Their ability to fire unhindered whilst navigating backwards was paramount to this contingency's success. It would also limit the number of casualties they'd likely sustain in the coming conflict. But, a fighting withdrawal wasn't the only portion of their array of planned contingencies.

With several buildings having been knocked down, others remained standing nearby. Should a junction become overrun by the Sith, the Alliance would activate their trap card and blow the remaining supports - toppling that building on their given ground. The Alliance Marines hoped that this would dramatically thin the herd, as New Adasta herself buried her would-be saviours beneath metric tonnes of rubble. Not only would the enemy's numbers be significantly reduced, but their in-roads into the City itself would be restricted as well. It would be a desperate act to ensure that the Emptied City was held against all odds and that precious seconds were stolen - in the hopes of coming reinforcements.

Another contingency was the activation of various minefields. They were proximity-based detonators that would be remotely given life only once the Alliance had withdrawn from a sector. Such weapons were indiscriminate, and it was ill-advised to activate an unseen minefield whilst friendly forces were still within range of the detonators. But, these extreme measures would steal the time the Marines needed to entrench themselves within a successive line of defence. While their enemy was blowing themselves to smithereens, what remained of the 7th and the 104th would be reloading and readying themselves to do battle once again.

Rafan wished that he could take credit for several of the contingency plans. But, greater minds than his had devised those fall-back plans. The Captain wasn't suited for the complexities of grand strategy, as his focus was situated on the successful execution of his orders. He did his job well, and those that served under him reflected that aspect in the grandest of ways. They were excellent soldiers and even better engineers. Without his subordinates, it was likely that Captain Cardas would've been labelled as a failure in the eyes of the Regimental Commander and reassigned elsewhere.

Thus, as the dust began to settle, the Captain ordered his Engineers to the next Sector. There, the Troopers that Rafan cherished would repeat the process of bringing down buildings to slow the enemy's advance towards the Central District. It would only be a matter of time before their Siegecraft specialization was put to the test. Still, the Captain was confident in their abilities. The only way the Sith could reach the People's Tower, circumnavigating the labyrinth, was to approach by air - but even they knew it would've been a suicide run. With the City built into the surface of a rocky crag, few vectors went unseen - even more-so when the aerial vectors were brought into play.

The re-wired defensive batteries and the 7th's own emplacements would see to the demise of any aerial advance. At least, whilst the power held out and munitions were in decent supply. For if those factors were taken out of the equation... Who knew what tragedies would occur within the proverbial heart of New Adasta? Captain Rafan shivered at the thought. The 7th Regiment, and their allies within the City Limits, had to do all it could to survive so that reinforcements could arrive. It was the only way that they would make it home in one piece, rather than being left out to rot beneath an alien sun.

As the first of their Company’s transports began to move, Rafan shook himself free from the thought. Such notions of mortality were cancerous to morale. He needed to believe that, lest his mind fell prey to despair. Once embraced by such darkness, it was only a matter of time before the barrel of a blaster started to look tasty...

RZ9C064.png
// Ziost’s Surface // New Adasta // Central District Outskirts //
// 7th Mechanized Regiment; 2nd Platoon. //

Plugging the Holes.
Lieutenant Sola Horne’s grip tightened around her service weapon. She hated the feeling of anxiety that built beneath her breast seconds before a combat drop. The woman wasn’t fond of the cramped spaces, let alone the potential of being consumed by a plasmatic fireball should the Gunship come under fire. But, that uneasiness was something she dealt with her entire life, and sadly, it was something that would never get any easier as time moved on. Even during her training as a Marine Officer, Sola couldn’t shake the sensation when it was triggered. But, despite the partially-crippling tightness in her chest, the woman soldiered on to the best of her abilities.

This time, however, the trigger was different. She wasn’t anxious because of the tight corridors, let alone the dangerous potential future that awaited every Alliance marine. No, this time around, it was the mission that gave the woman anxiety. When the Alliance broke through the New Adasta’s defensive ring-wall, the incredible dangers the Marines faced were amplified beyond all reason. Firstly, they encountered a renewed Sith presence in the form of swarming Graug, stalking forth from the shadows or clawing their way up to the surface through partially concealed holes. Secondly, the City was besieged by countless orbital weapons platforms that bombarded the facility.

Just by those two facets alone, it’s a wonder only her anxiety was triggered. No one could’ve prepared the Marines for the sight of the wanton slaughter, let alone anticipate where and when these weaponized satellites would strike. One wrong turn, and you’d either be turned into food from the ravenous creatures or vaporized by an automated weapon’s system. That wasn’t even mentioning the chance of running into the Sith-Imperial Garrison, but they were admittedly less frightening than the two aforementioned dangers. At least with the Sith-Imperial Soldier - you got what you expected. There was nothing special about them in any capacity, as they were like the Marines in many respects. Simply two-sides of the same coin.

Thankfully, through blind luck, the weaponized platforms struck their own transceiver - making it nearly impossible to transmit any further targeting data. Through their unrestricted nature, they destroyed the very thing that bound themselves together and gave them purpose. If only the same could’ve been said about the Graug, Sola mused. The Graug were another problem in their entirety. They proved to be considerably more difficult than their Sith-Imperial counterparts and were all but capable of resisting their conventional weaponry. Blasters, let alone the more dangerous Particle-beam variants, had little effect on their hardened, reptilian flesh.

The Marines had to utilize the maximum settings on their weapons to do any damage without calling in armoured support. There was no better feeling than watching a group of Graug Warriors storm into the fray, believing themselves to have already won. Only to have them showcase their abject horror as once-conventional weapons began blasting apart their Brood-mates with relative ease.

OQHROYG.png
As the Alliance adapted their tactics and weaponry to fight these Sithspawn, it wasn’t long after that the Graug were driven out of the City. Some of these monsters even led the Marine Hunting Party’s to their holes, the very methods in which they evaded detection from the orbital sensor sweeps before the assault began. When those details were relayed to Regimental Command, the Major and General Treicolt agreed that it would be in the Alliance’s best interest to seal those holes with whatever munitions they could spare. With most of the high-explosive arms being regulated to the various emplacements and mechanized units, those Hunting Party’s were given something interesting instead.

The high-explosive nature of the regulated munitions would’ve likely destabilized the sturdy foundations of New Adasta, triggering a catastrophe in the process. Thus, the Marines were given a stockpile of Carbonite missiles to aid them in their mission. These warheads would not only seal off the entrances of whatever Graug-holes they could find but also reinforce the City’s foundations accordingly. Hardened carbonite would also prove difficult to penetrate in any conventional fashion, proving to be somewhat of an annoyance to any hostile forces seeking to utilize those tunnels again. But, as more and more tunnels were found - the Marine Hunting Party’s met increasing resistance from what Graug were found within.

That there were still Graug in the very tunnels they sought to close-up was enough to trigger Sola’s anxiety. She had seen what those creatures were capable of, and coupled with the possibility of having to venture down into a cramped space with those horrible things lurking nearby? Who’s nerves wouldn’t be shot or frayed. She had seen entire Gunships burst into flame at the hands of hostile forces. She even saw Demons spill forth from the jaws of the Netherworld itself. But, none of that turned her blood like fighting Sithspawn in confined spaces and in the dark. Sure, the Republic Engineering Headgear did what it could to filter through the spectrum to give her the ability to technically see in the darkness.

But, that merely changed the colour of things into something more frightening.

Sola swallowed hard as the Pilot spoke aloud. Their Gunship was coming up on another Graug hole. This time around, it was the biggest one that was seen - as it was likely blown open during the bombardment or served as a transit-pipe for larger abominations. While she couldn’t put her finger on the truth, the woman elected to close her eyes and breathe deeply. Her world narrowed to a point where all that mattered was she kept breathing rhythmically. Not only did it give her something to focus on, but it also stilled the raging tempest and conflicting tightness beneath her breast.

When the light above turned green and the blast doors retracted, Sola opened her eyes. She was somewhat refreshed, having been able to calm her nerves. While the doubts and fears still lingered within her thoughts, they weren’t given any priority. As they weren’t in the forefront of her mind, they’d eventually vanish - leaving the Lieutenant free from the poisonous embrace of her own personal demons. As the Gunship touched down, Sola began ordering her Troopers to disembark as quickly as they could. The less time they spent in the armed transport, the better off they’d be - as they’d accomplish their objective all the faster.

While one could fire a few Carbonite warheads from the safety of the Gunship’s troop compartment, there were only so many missiles that could be fired at once. The limitations on spacing and room required for reloading the warhead launchers were some of the factors that made it impractical. With their boots on the ground, however? Well, that made things considerably more straightforward. No additional calculations had to be made. It was merely a matter of pointing and pulling the trigger; the carbonite warheads would do the rest. Thus, as the platoon disembarked from their transport, they began encircling the hole and filling the ruptured crust with as many missiles as possible.

But, as the last of the warheads were ejected, Sola began to wonder - would it be enough to hold the enemy at bay if they decided to swarm through the tunnels once more?

RZ9C064.png
// Ziost’s Surface // New Adasta // Central District Interior - Fortifications //
// 7th Mechanized Regiment; 1st Company - Combat Engineers. //

The Little Things in Life.

“There’s little that can be done, Captain,” an Alliance Marine said, wiping the dirt and grime from their hands onto a soiled rag. “I can’t get this turret to work. The wiring’s shot, and we don’t have anything to replace it with. 3rd Company’s armour did a number on the structural plating and even fused a few of the circuit panels. Suppose we had the schematics and one of the Prosecutor's duplicators nearby. In that case, I might be able to get it fixed…” The man sighed then, heavily. “But this blasted hunk of junk isn’t worth anything more than its weight in scrap. We’d be better off salvaging what we need and putting the armour plates to good use.”

Captain Miona Kale squeezed the bridge of her nose between her index finger and thumb, hoping to relieve some of the tension building within her mind. They needed this turret back in service, as it covered a vital causeway that led out into the Labyrinth of New Adasta. Without it, if and when the 7th Mechanized withdrew along that avenue - there’d be considerably less firepower to support their withdrawal. Without that firepower, there was the potential for more lives to be lost. That was an unacceptable outcome.

“Look, Kham,” she replied with a weary smile. “We need something installed here to make sure our contingency plans work. If we can’t get this turret up and running, let’s see about replacing it with something that works. Suppose I go down to the base camp and pick up one of our rotary cannons and a generator. Do you think you could fashion a barbette - so one of our boys or girls doesn’t get taken out by an enemy sniper?”

The Marine Sergeant, named Vidarr Kham nodded, before slapping the plating of the sundered turret. “Yeah, that shouldn’t be too hard. I should be done gutting this baby by the time you get back. And, uh, Captain, before you go. You should help yourself to some ReCaf. Torken’s made a fresh batch. It ain’t the good stuff, but at least it’ll put some pep in your step.”

“Might even relieve that headache!” the Sergeant shouted, as Miona was already navigating away from the sundered gun turret. She didn’t look back as the man called out to her but rather acknowledged him with the back of her hand - thanking him with a simple wave. There was nothing more that she could’ve added to the conversation, nor did she wish to continue speaking for the time being. Every moment of silence that she could steal was a blessing, and that would’ve been spoiled if she bellowed her thanks in return. But, the Sergeant was right. Her head was pounding because she felt terrible, like an addict going through the initial phases of withdrawal.

Caffeine was addictive, after all. The ability to stimulate the body to work overtime was crucial, especially for soldiers in her line of work. One mistake could mean the death of an entire unit, as their fortifications failed them - or an explosive didn’t detonate when it was supposed to. She had to be alert, and ReCaf - or Re-Caffeinated Beverages - were the means in which she’d use to keep her edge. There was little to taste. The supplier saw fit to bleach all flavour out of the beverage to ensure the packages were sterilized. Still, the warmth and energy provided were all that really mattered. She’d need both in this ashen tundra, especially if this City was to be the site of her Regiment’s last stand.

When she finally reached Torken, the Captain could smell the synthetic flavours enriching the atmosphere. It was a welcome change from the scorched ozone that dominated the City before, or the palpable scent of rotting meat and drying, coppery blood.

“Sergeant Kham mentioned you might have some ReCaf for me,” Miona said as she slid down into the trench where Torken had made his temporary home. The Helmetless Duros stood beside a makeshift table, made from a pair of Sith-Imperial longblasters and two planks of dented armour plating stolen from a nearby ruined tank. Their gauntleted hands busied themselves with pouring the freshly brewed liquid into a metallic mug. Ensuring that the precision of his movements went undisturbed by the sudden arrival of his commanding officer.

The man took pleasure in the small things and pouring the precise volume of ReCaf into the container triggered his mind in the grandest ways. The simple things often give the most pleasure, the Duros often remarked. With beings like Jedi and Sith dominating the Galaxy and bending reality to suit their capricious whims - the simple things were the only thing left for mere mortals to control. When the precise measure was reached, Ran Torken carefully navigated the filled mug into the waiting hands of the Captain.

“Here you are, ma’am,” the Trooper said with a winning smile. “Less than One-hundred and twenty millilitres of rationed ReCaf brewed to perfection with what heating elements I could scrounge together during my break.”

Miona accepted the cup graciously and relished the warmth through her armoured gloves. “My thanks, Torken. If we make-”

“When we make it through this,” Torken interrupted. “I understand and accept your realist tendencies, ma’am, but I’d rather be the optimist and believe that we’ll make it through.”

The Captain nodded. “You’re right. I’m sorry, Torken. Things haven’t been easy the last few days, and ever since we took the City - things are starting to look incredibly grim. New Adasta was nothing like Kway Teow. The Locals there wanted our help in freeing themselves from Sith-Imperial control. Here? We never got the chance before the Sith Empire started bombarding us from orbit.”

“Ma’am,” Torken began. “I’d wager that’s because they’re getting desperate. We’re seeing an ideological shift in the Sith Empire unfold before our very eyes. They’re being assailed on all sides with no-way-out. If we were nothing more than Fauna, and we were backed into a corner like the Sith Empire is - wouldn’t you resort to such desperate measures in the hopes of claiming victory?”

Miona nodded again as she brought the steaming mug to her lips. There was no discernable taste as the brewed liquid eclipsed her lips and bathed her tongue. But, the warming sensation it brought was wholly welcomed. “You’re right again, Torken. I suppose it’s a concept that I’m having a hard time grasping.” Torken nodded in return as his eyes drifted back towards the improvised table situated behind his armour-bound person. “That’s alright, Captain. I’ve been having difficulties grasping it too, but change is to be expected. Whatever they were doing wasn’t enough to hold back the tide, so they had to switch things up. If I were in their shoes, I’d likely be doing the same thing.”

“I suppose I would be too,” Miona reluctantly agreed as she took another hearty draw from the mug. “In the end, victory is all that matters, as the means justify the ends. Once the dead are buried and gone, they can alter history as they see fit - painting themselves in a better light for future generations.”

“I’m sorry, again, Torken,” the Captain stated seconds after those words left her mouth. She was getting distracted and totally forgot that she had to grab something for Sergeant Kham. The man was likely to be angry, but that was of little concern. Especially since the conversation with Trooper Torken, and the steaming cup of ReCaf, seemed to deal with the dull ache behind her eyes. “I’m not used to venting my problems or opinions to my subordinates, let alone those that have given me ReCaf.”

“It’s alright, Ma’am,” Torken replied with a warm smile. “People find it easy to talk to me, not only because I’m very precise, but because I listen and offer my own opinions in return. I suppose you could say that my Squad was right to give me the war-name of Shrink.”

Moina laughed then, nearly spitting out a mouthful of ReCaf in the process. “An apt name,” she commented as she choked down the remainder of the contents within her mug. “Now, thank you again for the ReCaf, but I gotta get moving. Sergeant Kham needs me to pick up a Chainblaster and a Generator to shore up the eastern approach.”

Taking the mug back from the Captain, Torken smiled once again. “Anytime, Captain. Safe travels.” She would’ve responded, but Captain Miona was already gone by the time the Duros finished issuing his farewell.

RZ9C064.png
// Ziost’s Surface // New Adasta // Central District Interior - Medical Camp //
// 7th Mechanized Regiment; 12th Company - Combat Medics. //

Treat the Wounded; No Matter the Cost.
A gout of vital fluid spat outwards as Second Lieutenant Crik Tanou clamped down on the exposed artery. Little could’ve been done to save the leg, as some of the most basic infections began to take root. The flesh was starting to rot from the inside out, and there wasn’t any bacta that wasn’t already in use. The Marine couldn’t have waited any longer, so Crik was forced to amputate the man’s leg to save his life. There wasn’t any available Jedi around to make the process any easier, as they reportedly could’ve healed the man of his afflictions. They were busy elsewhere, likely tending to the Citizens of New Adasta situated within the Starport nearby.

It figures - the Medic thought to himself as he began sealing up the wound. When the Alliance needed the Jedi the most, they were anywhere but where they were needed most. Especially those that were gifted healers, as their skills and powers would’ve been incredibly handy right about now. They would’ve been able to get this entire wing of patients on their feet and back into fighting form. Instead, they believed that the Marines needed to take care of their own and assist the people of New Adasta. Clearly, that was the best course of action, especially when it was the lives of these brave men and women that were on the line. When the last of the Marines fell, who then would defend the Starport until reinforcements arrived?

It was unlikely that the Jedi would hold their ground against the Sith Empire in the face of such overwhelming odds. They’d be too busy and concerned with acquiring some measure of glory by sallying forth into battle - hunting down the Sith. While they likely believed that severing the snake’s head meant that the body withered and died, it wasn’t an instantaneous process. In the time it’d take a command structure to fall apart, the Sith-Imperial forces could quickly achieve their objective and reclaim the Starport. Especially if the entirety of the 7th Regiment and perhaps even the famed 104th were stuck in the newly-erected medical camp. Who knows what would happen then.

4OwpVnT.png
Would the Sith Empire slaughter the remaining citizenry in the hopes of covering up their heinous crimes? Would they brainwash their people into believing that their actions were justified? That the orbital cleansing was meant to kill both the Graug and the Alliance in one fell swoop? There were so many potential outcomes that it almost made the Marine Medic’s head spin. Thankfully, the man was able to push them all aside in favour of focusing on the task at hand. He was sealing up an amputated limb, after all. Had he been absentminded and unable to multitask, the clamp wouldn’t have held, and his patient would’ve expired from rampant blood loss.

So, as his mind refocused, Crik finished sealing up the wound. “There,” the Medic said, as he tucked the pressurized can of sealant back into his bloodied smock. “That should do it. Nurse? I want you to give him a mild stimulant and some painkillers if we’ve got any, then bring him over to the Cyberneticist - see that he’d fitted for a prosthetic. If it takes, that man should be back on the frontlines in a matter of days. He’ll just have to get used to the wait.”

“Yes, Lieutenant,” the Nurse replied, as she wheeled the gurney away and dragged a portion of the man’s vital fluids with her as she stepped. It was the furthest thing from sanitary, but there was little that could be done about it. There were no droids stationed nearby that could be tasked to clean-up the blood, let along any Orderlies with free time on their hands. Many of them were too busy helping out the Citizens of New Adasta, seeking to win over what could be recovered of the Population as they awaited evacuation. Something about generosity in the face of adversity and fighting back against the crumbling Empire’s propaganda machine. If the Jedi and the Alliance were such devils, why would they save us when our own Empire condemned us to death?

Crik understood the reasoning behind it, but that didn’t mean he had to like it. They took away precious supplies to help those who weren’t on the frontlines and defending their encampment. It had been nearly a week since he saw a fresh vat of bacta that didn’t need to be recycled! He never fathomed how disgusting those bacta tanks got after they were reprocessed dozens of times. It would’ve been better if they could get more from what warships were left in orbit, but they were busy trying to keep an evacuation corridor open. If they lost that corridor, well, then all hope of safely evacuating from the surface would’ve been lost. Whatever transports were launched would’ve been shot down by the Sith Empire as they reclaimed the heavens above Ziost. The Sith didn’t seem like the people who took chances with civilian transports leaving active military theatres, even if it meant killing their own people in the process.

Something about denying their enemies the chance to live and fight another day, the Medic thought.

His mind had gone to a dark place today, the man remarked. But who could blame him? He was on the frontlines of a conflict that the Alliance was so sure that it would win. They dealt a mighty blow to the Sith Empire, ousting their garrisons from Felucia and pushing Sith-Imperials forces out of the Korriban System. In the entire history of the Sith Empire, no interstellar superpower had managed such a feat. It was a little wonder why the Alliance was arrogant in their belief that victory was assured. Thus, when the Sith Empire switched tactics, becoming the animal backed into a corner, the Alliance wasn’t ready for the turn-about. And here they were, reaping the successes of their overconfidence.

Yes, they had managed to garner a small victory by laying claim to a majority of New Adasta and stopping the bombardment. But, that victory ended up as nothing more than hollow, as it cost the Alliance deeply. Who knew how many Soldiers were buried beneath the rubble or were dying in his own medical ward? Not to mention the shortages and the like. It would take a miracle and a few thousand litres of fresh synthbacta to brighten Crik’s spirits after bearing witness to the horrors of war.

Knowing that it was futile to rage against the coming darkness, the Medic let out a heavy sigh of frustration. He needed to clear his head before seeing his next patient. It would do that poor soldier little good if Crik’s mind was consumed by his rampant emotions. “Ironic,” the Medic remarked, with the edge of mirth framing his words. “I’m slowly turning into a blasted Jedi with all their no emotion, only peace mumbo-jumbo.” He shook his head then. Maybe if he started to think like them, they might give him the time of day and lend their aid to those in dire need of their services. It was an interesting notion to entertain, especially since Crik started to gain a reputation for having a relatively short temper and terrible bedside manner for an Alliance Medic.

Well, Crik mused, there was nothing to be achieved by standing around. It was time to get back to work. With that realization in mind, the Medic replaced the emptied canister of sealant with the last one from his stockpile and headed towards his next patient. He hoped that he wouldn’t have to saw off an entirely treatable limb due to medicinal shortages.

RZ9C064.png
// Ziost’s Surface // New Adasta // Central District Starport //
// 7th Mechanized Regiment; 2nd Company //

Evacuation Protocols.
“I don’t know where your Husband is,” Milo said with a raised gauntlet. He was doing what he could to keep the woman before him at bay as she sought to grab hold of his breastplate in a desperate attempt to demand answers. “We’ve done our best to find every shelter mentioned in the Capitol Building’s database. There’s only so much we can do in an active warzone without recklessly endangering your lives or our own in the process. Please be patient, and we’ll be sure to keep you, and the others updated as to our progress.” The woman’s gnarled hands slowly sunk down to her sides as Milo’s words took root in her mind. He supposed that she came to the eventual realization that the man was right.

TghaLAi.png
The Alliance couldn’t dig around the ruined portions of the City without throwing themselves into a dangerous position. Let alone one that would allow them to safely extract any survivors. The woman, much like everyone else that was concerned for the loved ones, would have to wait until the system was liberated from Sith control. This structure was quite literally the safest place for them to be in. They were situated within the City’s proverbial heart, nestled within the shadows of the People’s Tower, and protected on all sides by countless fortifications. They had nothing to worry about… at least when it came to weathering the storm. Milo couldn’t speak to the safety nor survival of the people these citizens inquired after.

Having overheard the Marine’s interactions with the woman, several other Citizens began to settle themselves down. Milo supposed that they, too, realized that there was little the Alliance could do in a situation such as this. He let out a small sigh of relief as those people turned their backs on him and returned to their designated areas. The man had gone through countless hours of training, be it live-fire or simulations. None of them prepared the Trooper for having to act as not only a Security Guard for hundreds, if not thousands of ‘enemy’ non-combatants but as a mediator as well. Let alone surviving a blasted bombardment from orbit whilst fighting through the streets of an embattled city, overrun by Sithspawn.

In his short career as an Alliance Marine, Milo experienced more than many mortals had across several lifetimes, all within a short period of time. If the man wanted, he could retire right here and now and have a chance to live out the rest of his days telling fanciful horror stories to his Grandchildren about his time in the Defence Force. But, while that was an admirable aspiration, that possible future implied that he survived the coming battle. It also made the assumption that his guilt over deserting his friends in their darkest hour didn’t drive away any potential romantic prospects. While it was pleasant to think about, such thoughts were nothing more than mere fantasy - which didn’t suit anyone in the end.

Milo ended up clearing his mind with a subtle shake of his head. There were better things to think of rather than abandoning those who he considered his second family. As his thoughts drifted elsewhere, the Alliance Marine gravitated towards one of the nearby aid stations. They were handing out some supplies to the locals that looked like they needed them. Those supplies ranged from emergency blankets to food and water. There was even a temporary medical tent situated somewhere nearby with a considerable amount of SynthBacta at their disposal, alongside several Medics from the 7th Regiment. None of those Soldiers were treating their wounded comrades, but Milo assumed it was just as well.

They were here to support these people as best as they could, and treating them beside the Invaders that despoiled their world wouldn’t win them any favours. Even with the Sith having bombarded their own people, these locals distrusted the Soldiers that extricated them from their would-be tombs. He couldn’t blame them, though. If it wasn’t for the Alliance seeking justice and retribution, these people wouldn’t have been gunned down by their own government - let alone subjected to living in such cramped squalor. It was a disheartening thing to think about, but such was the way of things, especially in wartime. Both sides of any conflict did abhorrent things in the hopes of claiming their vindication through victory.

Once the Trooper found himself beside the aid station, Milo offered his help and began handing out blankets to those in need. It wasn’t much, but the man believed that it would be a step towards shattering the demonized version of themselves that the Sith Empire utilized in their propaganda. Perhaps if they saw, with their own eyes - rather than those provided by the state - just how pleasant the Alliance and her Soldiers could be around, maybe they’d change their minds. It was doubtful, Milo mused, but that didn’t mean it wasn’t worth a try. After all, it wasn’t that long ago that the Trooper himself was taking foreign aid from another interstellar agency. So, there was at least a measure of understanding and familiarity at play here.

It was a shame that he couldn’t do more for these people. They had lost so much in the initial phases of the battle, and Milo wondered if they’d ever recover. Sure, the Alliance could help them begin again, but the Core Worlds were so far away, and it would’ve taken weeks to marshal any relief effort. That didn’t even consider the amount of time that the flotilla would have to navigate through the Stygian Caldera to avoid the fighting and not be boarded or scuttled by enemy warships. They had to make do with what they had on hand, and sadly - that wasn’t much by any measure. The Expeditionary Force spared what it could, but beyond that? Everything else had to be regulated to the defence effort. These people’s safety was paramount, but their lives would have to be put on hold until the planet was liberated.

Until then, Milo would follow through with his duties. He would do everything he could to safeguard these people and work alongside those that assisted the Alliance in their relief efforts. The man also hoped that he’d be able to coordinate with any incoming vessels that would evacuate the people from the Starport. Maybe then, he might be able to help negotiate for supplies to make their jobs easier - since the rations were starting to run thin. Everything else could wait an additional day or two, but when fearful people began to get hungry? Well, that’s when all hell would break loose. He, nor his various Commanders, would want that madness on their hands whilst fighting off a Sith Incursion.

With those thoughts in mind, Milo handed over another blanket with a warm smile. Who knew what the future held, but all he could do was hold onto what embers of hope still burned. In one way or another, everything would turn out for the best. Either the Alliance and their Allies would breakthrough, and relieve the forces trapped on the surface - or - they would die… raging defiantly against the coming darkness.

RZ9C064.png

TqG6EWc.png

// Ziost’s Surface // New Adasta // People’s Tower - Strategy Centre //
// 7th Mechanized Regiment; Command //

Oversight Requires Insight.
After Tycho lost his eye, the man began to see the world in a different light. He foolishly believed that he always saw the bigger picture, as both of his eyes drank in the details of whatever lay in front of him. Every possibility would be accounted for, and dozens of contingencies would be planned to overlap one another. Yet, the Sith Empire still managed to flip the table for all of his preparatory effort and left him scrambling to pick up the pieces. While it wasn’t his failure alone, the Major shouldered the burden. Because his troopers weren’t fast enough to make their objective that this disaster occurred, thousands of people were butchered for senseless reasons. Every delay that the Expeditionary Force faced meant that the orbital guns could still operate with impunity.

The death toll that came from such callous disregard of the conventions of warfare was astronomical. New Adasta was nearly sacrificed so that the Sith Empire could seemingly carry the day. That didn’t sit right with the Major, more so than the puckered emptiness of his eye socket. What made matters worse was that they refused to accept the consequences of putting their own City to the torch. The people who remained within the walls still believed that their Empire would save them from the demons of the Core. After everything they had been subjected to, despite being butchered by the Graug, they still wanted to be embraced by the Empire in some fashion or another. It was like watching an abused addict debase themselves for a fleeting moment of their uncaring master’s attention.

As the table was flipped, Tycho and what remained of the 7th Regiment and the 104th Battalion did what they could to right it. Through their efforts, the City was eventually taken, and the Sith Empire repulsed. But, it didn’t have the effect that either the General or the Major hoped for. While they had taken the Capital, the remaining Settlements refused to fall in line - believing that the massacre in New Adasta was nothing more than Alliance propaganda. The Empire wouldn’t callously abandon its own people to die, they said. Fake news, another City Administrator screeched before severing the link. These people were so damned messed up that they couldn’t believe nor accept the truth of the situation. No wonder the Sith Empire has managed to support itself on rotten foundations for so long.

The Major sighed heavily as his mind drifted away from such patriotic vitriol. It wouldn’t do him any favours to queen and moan about the past, as their actions were their own - and there was nothing he could do about it. His time would be better spent elsewhere, as who knew how long it would be until the Sith Empire made their move. The Alliance had to be ready for anything. To that end, Tycho booted up the sprawling holo-table before him and watched as his armoured figure was bathed in the soft, pulsating hues of digital sapphires. When the table finished its activation cycle, a topographic map of Ziost’s surface materialized - brightening the room with its etheric glow.

As the map rendered itself into reality, Tycho saw the IFF transponders of his units flickering into being - detailing what remained of his Regiment and where they were located. Their numbers were severely diminished, the Major thought to himself, as he gently caressed the table’s crystalline surface. He inhaled shakily at that moment before his armoured fingers tightened into a fist. Tycho needed to focus; there would be time enough to mourn their losses when the day was claimed for the Alliance. Thus, the Alderaanian pushed aside the growing sorrow and allowed the cold, analytical portions of his mind to take over.

“Sir,” a nearby Adjutant called out. “We’ve got reports from our Outriders beyond the City Walls.”

“Put it on the table,” Tycho replied, not wanting them to move away from their station or steal himself away from his. They nodded in acknowledgement and swiftly uploaded the details to the table. As the connection was established and the handshake completed, the data rendered itself upon the table - showcasing several Outrider squads and their movements. The Major was expecting something big but found his expectations deflated. There were no grand movements from the surface that could be seen, just small packs of Graug seeking to test their fortifications and waste their munitions. That meant if an attack was to happen, it’d be sudden - as the Sith would likely manifest out of thin air and begin their slaughter anew.

Tycho believed that he prepared for that eventuality. The mines stitched into the various roads leading towards the Central District could be remotely activated at a moment’s notice. If the Sith suddenly appeared from no-where and deposited their armies in the City Streets? Well, they would be in for quite the explosive surprise. That surprise would be further enhanced by the various Sniper Nests that were situated at the top of the People’s Tower. While it would’ve been much better to place them on the Outskirts of the City, the fact that there were roving Warbands of Graug out in the ashen tundra wouldn’t have bode well for any Snipers or their comrades.

Instead, the People’s Tower offered them not only the security of a well-fortified perimetre but a commanding view of the surrounding City. With their weapons in hand, they’d be able to pick off any Enemy Commanders as soon as they revealed themselves - hopefully sowing discord and disarray within the ranks of the Enemy. The Sith were fond of their Officers and Command Echelons, so it was only natural that they were marked as priority targets. Without their Commanders in play, a vast majority of the Sith-Imperial Forces would be stricken by confusion - unwilling to advance or engage the enemy without their Leaders.

Naturally, there would be select units prepared for such confusion and losses, but that mattered little. They would be too few and far between to make any meaningful strides.

From there, the reactive defence line would whittle down the enemy’s numbers. If they approached from the Outskirts, like the Sith had from before, they would be thrown into a brutal battle of attrition. Not only would they have to fight what remained of the Alliance Expeditionary Forces or their Jedi allies, but they’d have to fight the City itself, as dozens of buildings were rigged to blow. It was an adaptive and wholly destructive tactic, but as the Civilian populace remained within the Central District or the People’s Tower itself, there was little concern over collateral damage. The Alliance had to do what they must to safeguard the people until reinforcements arrived.

Thus, the Sith Empire’s advancing forces would’ve been presented with several paths towards the City’s centre. Depending on their route, they would either be greeted by entrenched Alliance Forces or the sight of several collapsing towers. The former would undoubtedly prove to be the most ideal inroad towards the Central District, as the latter would prove to be disastrous. Not only would they have to circumnavigate the newly erected barricade, but there was a chance that a significant portion of their forces could be buried under the tumbling debris. Trapped and dying was the worst way to go, and Tycho silently relished the thought of watching his enemies be crushed to death.

It was the very least they deserved for all the evils unleashed upon Alderaan and the Core Worlds thereafter. That wasn’t even considering the countless other genocides that the Sith Empire carried out. Like how they utilized scorched earth tactics in the Braxtant Run - seeking to deny the New Imperial Order the fruits of their Imperial heartland. But, those worlds weren’t as important as the systems he loved and knew. He lost friends and family when the Sith Empire ransacked the Core. Their atrocities elsewhere merely cemented the burning hatred that roared within his breast.

“Any news from the Graug Hunters?’ Tycho asked, letting his voice filter away into the darkness.

“Aye, sir. Lieutenant Horne’s platoon has checked in. They found a large tunnel that likely leads deep into the planet’s crust. They’re sealing it up with carbonite warheads now.”

The Major nodded. That was good. Ever since the Graug suddenly appeared, Tycho knew that there was a chance they’d use the same tunnels to re-enter the City under the Alliance’s nose. That was why he organized the Graug Hunters and authorized the use of Carbonite weaponry. While the Carbonite would’ve been more effective against the Bryn’adul, it was more than enough to act as an impromptu terraforming sealant. Not only would they reinforce the foundations of New Adasta, but they would effectively deny the Sithspawn their route into the City.

Ideally, they would have to carve out another set of tunnels or do what they could to burrow through the hardened carbonite. The latter would likely prove to be a fruitless endeavour, but the former? Well, that was prepared for too. Seismic sensors were deployed at key junctions throughout the City, which would be triggered by subsurface vibrations. An act that would allow the various rapid reaction forces of the Alliance to convergence on their enemies as they emerged from their tunnels. He only hoped that the 104th Battalion was ready to wreak havoc and let loose the dogs of war in response.

“What about the other platoons?” Tycho inquired.

“Uh, one moment, Sir.” There was a moment of silence as the Adjutant worked at their console, searching for the answer(s) their Commander sought. “They’ve all checked in as well and are returning to base. Whatever Holes they found, they’ve plugged with their carbonite munitions, and any stragglers were gunned down—minimal casualties. We lost one Trooper, and three more were injured. They should be right as rain after the Medics patch ‘em back up, though.”

The Major nodded. “Very well. See that the medical camps are informed we got incoming. I also want to see that Crik’s rotated off duty and gets some shut-eye. The man’s been working himself to the bone, and he’s no use to me exhausted.”

“Aye, sir,” the Adjutant acknowledged. It wasn’t long after their hushed whispers could be heard in the distance as they relayed the Major’s orders to their respective Officers. With that task issued, it was time to look elsewhere. Everyone was playing their parts to the best of their abilities, and it was up to him to ensure that everything proceeded smoothly. While Tycho was no stranger to the delegation of Command, the Alderaanian preferred to lead from the frontlines where the fighting was thickest. Yet, because of the situation they found themselves in - the very steed in which he rode to battle was otherwise engaged and unable to ferry him through the madness of war.

That Juggernaut was a potent troop transport. Heavily armed and armoured, with the ability to trample the enemy beneath their massive bulk. It was perfectly suited to aid in the evacuation efforts. The Juggernaut had enough capacity to carry a significant portion of non-combatants away from the frontlines. Not only would the Citizens of New Adasta be protected by the hardened armour plating, but they would be swiftly reunited with their families. A factor that was highly dependent on if they survived the bombardment. It wasn’t the most ideal use for his mechanical steed, but the vehicle vastly expedited the rolling evacuation and transfer of supplies throughout the fortified points.

So, Tycho swallowed his pride and desires to accept that he was needed here rather than out there. At least, for the time being. Who knew what would happen when the Sith Empire finally redoubled their efforts? Maybe, if he was lucky, Tycho would be able to command the defences from his prized Juggernaut. Or, if he wasn’t fortunate in the slightest, the super-heavy vehicle would be destroyed and what remained of his Regiment fell back to the Starport. At least with the entirety of his forces concentrated in a single area - there would be plenty of chances to command the Alliance from the front lines.

Shaking his head of such a grim and dark future, Tycho turned his attention towards the fortifications that encompassed the entirety of the Central District. Every report that he drew up with the touch of a finger detailed everything that his Combat Engineers installed. What Sith-Imperial emplacements survived the opening assault was converted over to serve the Alliance and their Marines. These defence guns would greatly benefit the fortifications as they were suited to anti-aerial operations, meaning that should the Sith Empire try to evade the labyrinth and the traps that were placed to stall their advance - they’d be brought down by their own guns.

There was something oddly poetic about that notion, so much so that Tycho smirked with perverse glee.

From there, the Sith-Imperial guns would be further fortified by a string of barricades, bunkers, converted pillboxes, and countless spools of monofilament razor wire. The standards of any static defensive line, as the Major put it. With those fortifications in place, the Alliance Marines would be able to engage their enemies without fear of considerable reprisal. For they would be situated at critical junctions, house overlapping fields of fire, and be faced towards an onrushing opponent. Those Marines could then gun down their foes with few casualties taken in return. That wasn’t even mentioning the various artillery pieces and armour situated behind cover, effectively making them ‘hull down.’ They, too, could then benefit from the defences that the Marines ensconced themselves within.

With both aspects of a static defence line, combined with a rapid reaction force - composed of armour, repulsorcraft, and speeder-mounted marines with power lances… the defences of New Adasta were as formidable as the 7th Regiment could make them. They had turned a ruined City into an interconnected barbican that held the potential of breaking even the most elite and battle-hardened of militaries. After all, such siegecraft was their specialty, and the 7th Regiment wouldn’t allow the Sith to reclaim their prize without a fight. These Stalwart Defenders would make the Sith Empire bleed for every inch they had taken and hold out until either reinforcements arrived - or fight until the last man stood in defiance.

It was their way. For the 7th Regiment was stubborn - despite the odds arrayed against them. Through sheer determination and grit, they would triumph over their enemy. Either through Victory or Death.

~-~*~-~
:// TL;DR? - Key Takeaway Points:
  • The 7th Mechanized Regiment and the 104th Battalion have taken New Adasta after nearly Three Weeks.
  • They've fortified the City and concentrated their defences around the Central District, which includes the People's Tower and the Starport. #LastStandScenario.
  • Evacuation Efforts and Medical Aid are being rendered to both Alliance Forces and the Citizens of New Adasta that survived the Gruag attack and Orbital Bombardment.
  • The Outer Defences of the City entail small skirmishing forces, with dozens of concealed remotely-triggered minefields and buildings rigged to blow. This effort was expedited by the careful use of explosives to detonate emptied buildings to reshape the City into a labyrinth of death.
  • The Inner Defences are more static, as they're composed of converted bunkers, pillboxes, hull-down armour and artillery pieces, spools of monofilament razor wire, anti-aerial batteries, etc.
  • The People's Tower plays host to several Sniper Nests. Due to the central location and height, these Snipers and their Spotters are given a commanding view of the battlefield.

Last edited:

GEoefTr.png

L O R D P R O T E C T O R

Major General Willan Tal

1st Galidraani armoured infantry division

'Fighting first' 1st brigade
Task Force Imperator 'Lionheart force.'
ZIOST

Allies: Arcturus Tal Arcturus Tal DECEASED Erskine Barran DECEASED Erskine Barran Konrad Bolter Konrad Bolter Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe Rurik Fel Rurik Fel Enedina Tal Enedina Tal Jorus Fel Jorus Fel
K7iaf5V.png

Fresh from the fields of Generis and the ice torn oblivion of Helgard. Tal found himself in a more than favourable position the past few months; his people's cause had grown exponentially with the victories and shows of defiance against the Sith Eternalists. And for his own merit and the bravery of his small volunteers unit, he had been promoted to the rank of Major General. With the Galidraanis numbers swelling after Bastion, he now commanded a division of fifteen thousand men and four hundred and sixty Cataphract tanks. A fearsome fighting force, and as the history books showed, a man fought tenfold as hard when it was his homeland on the line.

With his own friend's ascension to Tal's former rank of Brigadier general, it had been deemed ideal by Galidraani command that Barran would be the man on the ground for the operation. At the same time, Willan would take the reins at the command centre. Overseeing the various Galidraani NIO units present on the field and relay developing information as the operation progressed. What had once been a ragtag band of exiles was quickly transforming into one of the most fearsome elements of the Imperators vast armies. His own daughter and nephew were making their debuts in the exiled forces, with his daughter overseeing special ops and his nephew commanding the exiled forces small but formidable naval forces. 1st brigade would be kept in combat reserve should Barrans forces and Enedinas commandos be in dire need of reinforcement.

<<"All units under Lionheart force adjacent in space and on ground, this is commander Tal speaking, be advised Sith positions are well entrenched and multiple force users are present in the area, stay sharp and make the homeworld proud, Tal out.">>

He turned to face the plethora of information screens all around him in the makeshift command centre, logistics personnel rushing to and from their stations. In contrast, others sat around a table displaying Ziosts geographical layout. Tal had to admit he missed being in the trenches with his boys, but he couldn't afford to be shot down and killed, not when his people were on the precipice of getting ever closer to home and with it the dissolution of Sith occupation. What mattered though, was driving the Sith off this godforsaken planet and rescuing their allies trapped within even if it meant leaving a crumb trail of Sith corpses in their wake.

Galidraan would persevere, Imperialism would prevail.

Last edited:

ziost2-obj3-2.png

「 Waiting on that morning sun
Soldier keep on marchin' on 」

ECLIPSE TEAM
76TH PATHFINDER REGIMENT
GALACTIC ALLIANCE ARMED FORCES
Sol Stazi Sol Stazi | OPEN TO OPPOSITION
wsL0bBY.png

The breath of the commanding officers could be seen in the air. They had taken up residence in a seized building, but the interior had only been slightly warmer than beyond the walls since the power had been shut off. The glow from the holoprojector caressed the dank walls, reminiscent of last nights campfire, but without the promised warmth. Suri stared at it's contents intently, her brow furrowing.

"Navy will be following us up with another outright assault. The Jedi will be with them as well, and we'll have to pray they can control themselves this time. Regiments will be sent here," The Commander gestured to a red dot as it lit up. "Here, and here. Destruction of their fleet is our top priority. After our objective is complete, we'll join the front."

Suri's eyes flickered from the display to the datapad in her hand and back again. Xal must have seen the look on her face, as he proceeded to grab her shoulder.

"Don't." He whispered.

The correlian shrugged his hand away. Rage burned inside of her. The names on the datapad stared back at her. Rison. Colye. Gala Greet . The last hit a nerve. She had known the commando, once upon a time. Days past of training and late night drinks played in her head like a holoreel. Bootcamp was so long ago, and they were both green then. Each had gone their separate ways after, but it didn't make the sting any lesser. Did her death mean nothing to anyone else?

Suri's eyes locked onto the Commander.

"So you mean to tell me," Her words were taunting, laced with anger and poison. "We lost the last time, and we're trying the. Same. Damn. Thing. Again?"

"Vullen, I don't want your chit today." Commander Ammell stated with an eyeroll.

"Yeah, and I don't want a plan that's gonna wipe out another twenty percent of our forces and end in failure again." She retorted. "You may not give a damn, sitting behind a desk, but I'm out there with these men. I know them. They rely on me to give the orders that are gonna see them through, back to their families. How am I gonna give tell them to do this if it's a death sentence?"

Ammell's piercing gaze locked onto hers. A moment of silence fell as the two played a game they had so many times before. As usual, his eyes fell away, unable to intimidate her.

"You think you know better, be my guest." He gestured at the projection once more with a smirk. It flickered, changing to a larger map. "Tell me where the better operation is."

Suri strutted closer to the table. Her eyes swept the map, analyzing. The cockiness faded as gears began to turn. Her hands went up, zooming in on areas, accessing intel files associated with each. The minutes ticked by as her frown grew deeper. No one seemed to breathe; all eyes were on her, waiting.

When she finally pulled her hand away, her shoulders slumped. She looked back to the commander with the desperate look of a trapped animal. Helplessness washed over her in a tidal wave, threatening to sweep her under. They were surrounded; on the ground, in space. She remembered something her pa had said once, about insanity being trying to the same thing twice. Yet, was it so insane when that same thing was your only choice?

"Forgive me, sir. Eclipse Team will be ready to move when the operation commences."

wsL0bBY.png

White padded elbows sunk into the snow as she pulled herself forward on them. Suri's gaze swept from side to side, surveying the street that sat just ahead of the break in the dead tree line. Her hand went up to the team behind her. Hold. She sucked a sharp breath in, one that didn't leave her as the carrier came into view. Her sister's earlier plea rang through her head. Be safe, please. Guilt threatened to swallow Suri whole as she watched the ship descend. There was so safety behind enemy lines. Luck, maybe. Hope, too. But no matter how hard she would try to come her to her twin, there was never any guarantee.​

Suri rose to a crouch, her neck pivoting to assess her fellow rangers. They all looked ragged. Days of drilling, sleepless nights of patrols, and homesickness had all taken their toll.

"Looks like we'll have company." Her words were a hushed whisper. "Doesn't matter; we have to take those ships out before they can launch. Our navy's numbers are few enough- they need all the help we can give 'em."

Her arm motioned onward as she left cover to move towards the building. There was no hesitancy in her steps, despite her earlier shame. She was but a soldier, a pawn in the game of war. She was prepared to sacrifice for victory.

Valeria Ragal / The Red Witch
Bounty Hunter, Intelligence Agent, Spy and Assassin
ziost2-obj2-3.png
Objective II.: Preservation of Liberty
Equipment: 2x PV-16 "Sunfury" Pulse Pistol | 2x Sigra vibroblade | 2x Striith vibrosword | BCR-X10 Sniper Rifle | Heilagr MK. I ssassin Armour | Kaldrweave Coat | The Last Gift || Empyrean gland
Writing with: Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe
dRUm20K.png

It was a day of dangerous plans; the previous fight was won here, but GA didn’t let that go and attacked again. This corroborated everything the Empress had said about them in recent negotiations. Today she made a plan that would have suited her late husband better, but that’s the way life is. Adrian really had a greater influence on her than anyone would have thought. The TSE might think it was a betrayal of what she was up to, but Ingrid wanted to do it for peace to end the war. She thought in the long term, not in short.

That is why it was made in such a way that she certainly could not be accused of treason. That is why in these minutes, when the attack began, the Empress of the Eternal Empire was just giving a speech on Kalidan to the general public, to the Empire. Officially and unofficially today, the Empress did not take part in the defence because she had a business back home. Today, a bounty hunter, the Red Witch, was present; Valeria Ragal. Someone few knew who she really was, what she looked like. There may have been rumours that Valeria and Ingrid may be the same person, but there may be no such rumours. Who knows?

In any case, she put on the usual bounty hunter’s “coat” over her armour, and this time she brought her sniper rifle. Yes, to a huge spaceship. In any case, it felt good to have it; it was last used a long time ago. She knew from her spies and intelligence agents that Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe was also on board, she just hoped the man hadn't escaped already. As soon as she boarded, immediately sensed a familiar presence, Elpsis Kerrigan Elpsis Kerrigan ; the woman she fought on the Byss, and she was the woman who killed Ingrid temporarily because the red-haired woman wanted that. But now she wasn't here because of her.

There was a more important task than that. The red-haired woman sent a telepathic message to her agents on the ship to find out the exact location of where her target might be at the moment. Once she had this information, set off in the right direction, meanwhile reaching out to the Force for the sake of safety and becoming invisible so that she could not be noticed with either technology or eyes. Her presence in the Force was hidden by her amulet anyway.

It was time for her to end this war…

lqTDRqo.png

nBtOGGm.gif

ziost2-obj1-1.png

Objective: Assist the Galactic Alliance fleet
Allies: G.A., N.I.O
Enemies: T.S.E.
Theme: Gangsta's Paradise Cover [Epic Orchestra]

-

It was against his ranking to question why he was here.

As the massive Imperial fleet slowly glided through hyperspace, Des pondered about the current situation. From what he had been told, the Galactic Alliance had engaged in a war with the Sith Empire. The planet in question, Ziost, was a pivotal point in the tide of this war. Securing it could mean big things for the Imperials.

What he didn't understand was why the Inperials were using so many resources to aid in a war not started by them. The 'treaty' of sorts between the Alliance and the Imperials still was confusing to him, but he had orders anyways. The massive fleet would soon exit hyperspace and engage the enemy.

"Sir, the fleet will be exiting hyperspace in about two minutes. Squadrons aboard our Vanto-classes are preparing for immediate launch once we arrive. Shall I relay any messages to them?"

His partially-robotic head turned downward to the women who spoke. By the way she stood at attention he knew she couldn't have been aboard this ship for more than a week. Just another reasons to prove his point about resources.

"Command our Intercessor-classes to form a front barrier once we exit. They will soak up any immediate damage we take from exiting, saving our fleet. After that the TIE squadrons from the Vanto-classes are to create a base defense around our fleet. They will handle any enemy fighters."

With a nod of acknowledge she turned towards the control panel, relaying the message to the fleet. It would be only a handful of seconds before the exited, not nearly enough time to prepare for one of the bloodiest battles of this war.

-

As the blue-white sprial slowly faded around him, he was soon faced with a unpleasant sight. It looked as if the Alliance had taken much heavier damage than he anticipated. Some of those ships looked barely even operational, let alone battle worthy. They we need escorts out of here, costing him more of his fleet.

The six Intercessor-classes formed up in front of the fleet, just liked he commanded. No fire from the enemy ships as of yet, but that would change here soon.

Within seconds of exiting hyperspace, the Vanto-classes were already deploying their starfighters. Fortunately, the Imperials had plenty of droid TIEs prepared for this battle, meaning they wouldn't be losing an valuable pilots.

Signaling to his command deck to open up a channel to his fleet, he prepared a quick speech.

"All of you are here today for a reason. Whether you are a pilot, a command member, hangar crew, or even matinence, you are serving your purpose. Today we will crush the Sith Empire, and put down a strong foot on top of their evil ways! Long live the New Imperial Order!"

With the speech finished, the channel was closed. He knew the noise that would come next. The sound of hundreds of turbolasers firing up, preparing for attack.

But oh, was it a glorious sound indeed.

Last edited:

Siloh Riain

S

ziost2-obj1-1.png

「 Started down this one way track
There's no turning back 」

BKenobi.jpg

PHANTOM SQUADRON
PHANTOM TWO
EQUIPMENT: X-wing
Len Vert Len Vert | OPEN TO OPPOSITION
cj2JhgK.png

"Come in." The gruff voice of the General answered at her knock.

Siloh's thin frame sauntered through the threshold into the stark office. Her naval uniform was slightly wrinkled, but General Vos didn't seem to mind. In war, presentably was the last priority. He himself looked rough around the edges. Dark bags told her he had slept about as much as she had. A grimace crossed her face. The cost of war seemed to sit heavy with everyone aboard the ship.

"Well, don't dawdle, out with it." Vos urged.

The captain cleared her throat before speaking. "I'm sorry to bother you, sir. Some of the men have been, uh, antsy about our next moves. I don't know what to tell them, as I am as wholly in the dark as they are." She paused, considering her words carefully. "I don't mean to question command, but we seem to be sitting ducks. I don't see why we are still here if we're not doing anything."

The general gave her a lengthy glance, his own frown growing deeper. Finally, he sighed.

"Captain Riain, I think we can agree we have a respectable relationship. I served with your father, a great man, rest his soul. Known you since before you ever sat in a cockpit. I'm gonna give it to you straight, not as your commanding officer, but as your friend."

He gestured to the seat across from him. Siloh crossed the short distance, folding her legs as she sat. Vos proceeded to pull out a bottle and two glasses from a desk drawer, setting one before the redhead, pouring a generous amount.

"Drink." He demanded, raising his own glass to his lips. He drained the entirety before setting it back down to speak. "Reports are troublesome. Korriban has been claimed by something. We believe it to be the Empire, but it is unconfirmed at this time. We are surrounded. Very much sitting ducks. Access to every major hyperlane will require us to fight tooth and nail to get our fleet home safe."

Siloh's face was stoic, though a storm raged inside of her at the breaking of the unsettling news. She had her own suspicions, but having them confirmed sent chills down her spine. Despite her anxiety, she looked to the general with an unwavering determination.

"So what do we do about it?"

Despite the grim situation, the general began to guffaw. Siloh raised an eyebrow, utterly confused.

"Same spirit Finn had." He said, laughter dying. "You're like an echo of him, kid."

A small, tired smile crossed Siloh's face. Despite how many times she heard those words, she never felt as though she lived up to her father's legacy.

"Well... We have one option."

An ominous pause fell as Vos sucked in a sharp breath. Siloh watched, concern sweeping over her. The inhale held the weight of the world. It was as though the bitterness of both the alcohol and their harsh reality had finally set in.

"We're gonna fight like hell to make sure to get out of here. Official orders will becoming down soon. Operation Whirlwind. We're hoping the Sith have thought we've had enough, and may be planning their own assault to make sure we don't leave. If we hit hard and fast, maybe we can make up for our lack of numbers."

Siloh nodded, her face still callous.

"So... a last stand?"

Vos flashed a cocky grin, a hint of vivaciousness sparkling in his eyes, untouched by his age.

"Not if we win."

Siloh returned the smirk in full, raising the glass to her lips. Her gaze didn't leave him as she downed the harsh liquor. Her other hand raised to wipe her mouth.

"When.

When we win, General."

cj2JhgK.png

"Here we go, boys." She called as she jogged down the highway. "Ten minutes out from Ziost. We gotta move. Your droids better have been calibrated."

Phantom Squadron was a group of orange blurs as they weaved through the corridors to the hangar bay. Anticipation had run high since the Operation was set in motion mere days ago; this is what they had been waiting for. As they came to, each moved in unison like a well oiled machine. Siloh let her hand trail along the nose of her X-wing, her feet carrying her closer to the cockpit. Her BB unit greeted her by way of angry chirping.

"Don't lecture me, bud. We need confidence, not odds." More angry chirping. "Can't be a death wish when I don't plan on letting them catch me."

She giggled at his curses, climbing into the pilot's seat. Her hands instinctually went to the switches, each movement a practiced dance. Screens came to life before her, their glows guiding light. Pulling her helmet over her auburn locks, she flipped her comms are.

"Five minutes out. Look alive, Phantoms."

FABBAN2.png

Objective: Destroy the Meditation Chamber aboard the Prosperity.
Equipment: See Sig
Allies: TSE
Enemies: NIO / GA
Tags: Darth Strosius Darth Strosius | Saket Keane Saket Keane | Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo | Auteme Auteme | Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei | Kisaku Oroken Kisaku Oroken

Stealth wasn't exactly the sort of operation Alina was practiced in doing, but if it was asked of her she certainly wouldn't hesitate to give it her all. Especially given the target. The Jedi had brought their mobile home and battlestation to Zoist. A perfect staging ground in which they would launch their strike. The Foreign Intelligence Network had learned some time ago of the Meditation Chamber within it. A powerful room that the Jedi could use to bolster their forces and likely hinder the Sith. Battle Mediation and the like.

And thus the task was simple. Board the impressive station, find the chamber, then nullify and destroy it.

Actually getting to the chamber was already its own task. Add in the amount of Jedi, the need for secrecy, and other unknowns? Well. It was just the type of challenge Alina hoped for. It’s not like they were planning on sneaking through the whole ship without some kind of distraction, either. The plan was simple. Distract the Jedi with a self creating legion of Sotezi Rathtar Sithspawn. Horrifying, to any but the Force Light wielding Jedi. They’d be little more than a pest. A very distracting, large, numerous pest.

Within the ship’s lounge she waited for the other two. The pair of Rathtar they had were currently sealed away in a cage, idly thrashing about in the silence. They wouldn’t get free, not until Alina wanted them to.

”So, plan’s simple. We’ll slip in as their ships leave and start heading for the center of the ship. I’m fairly certain the meditation chamber is somewhere there, at its core. Don’t lose those amulets I gave you, either.” Those amulets being Taozin Amulets. It’d keep them hidden in the Force. At least until they started to use the Force themselves. Then it’d be like the amulets weren’t even there to begin with.

”Sound good? We arrive in a couple minutes.”

Last edited:
Chancellor Emerita / Advisor of State
gold_texture_2_by_stock_pics_textures_1.png

c4b60b99b83af9c2918061b28f9bea37b374ca1a.gif

Chancellor Adhira Chandra forced a small smile when one of her grandchildren pressed into the field of view of the hologram. Aarav tussled the girl's hair. As the war with the Sith continued to rage, Adhira found herself compelled to return to the capital while her family continued to vacation on their home planet of Balmorra. The calls with her husband were bittersweet - brief opportunities to forget about her responsibilities and potent reminders of how much strain the war had put on their marriage. "Nani! Nani! Nani! Look what I made!" The girl held up a crude drawing of stick figures, each with vaguely distinguishing characteristics that she could identify as the members of her family. They were all smiling and happy, but there was one person noticeably absent.

"Oh that is lovely, Pavati... but.. where is nani?" She rather dreaded the gamut of possible responses, but when the little girl turned the paper over, revealing a cloaked stick figure with long dark hair standing beside the Senate building she was a little relieved.

"On Coruscant, silly, see?"

"Oh yes, very clever! I will have to find a good place in my office for it," the girl seemed genuinely delighted at the thought before scrambling out of frame. Aarav laughed and began to say something when the doors to her office opened. Several grim-looking officials frowned at Adhira as they made her way into the office. She stood and Aarav seemed to understand what was happening. "I- I will call you back," she said to the hologram before turning off the projector.

"Madam Chancellor, I apologize for the intrusion, but we have received word from forward command... or what's left of it," a severe man with graying hair had a tone that made Adhira flinch. It took her a moment to process what he said, but when it dawned on her she sank into her chair.

"What's left of it?" it was like a punch to the gut and there was a sudden ache in her chest that was climbing into her throat. She swallowed hard. The military officials pressed around her desk and for what seemed like an eternity, no one answered her. "Continue, Admiral," she added, not looking up.

"We managed to secure New Adasta, but the Sith have cornered our troops and have now established atmospheric supremacy... we have been forced to disengage and regroup," he took a deep breath, "our ground forces are trapped and we are unable to evacuate them."

It was Adhira's worst nightmare and she could feel pressure building behind her eyes as tears of rage and sorrow threatened to spill forth. She mastered herself though.

a578f1dfa09a9f118aeffab84f58f5cb4fdf9340.gifv

Adhira pushed a stray strand of back hair behind her ear and dabbed eyes and nose. "What are our options?" she began, swallowing all of her despair. On the desk was a pile of her jewelry, the trappings of office that she had taken off at some point before the call with her family. Methodically, she began to slide rings back onto her slender fingers. "Well, we have developed a rough outline of a surge... it would require us to federalize the Planetary Legions, we have identified several ideal militias," he sat a datapad on her desk with the information scrolling past.

"In addition, we would be relying on heavy reinforcements from the New Imperial Order fleet over Helgard," Adhira nodded as the Admiral continued to outline the plan for reinforcements. She was beginning to think aligning with the NIO was not such a bad idea after all. "Have we been in contact with Tavlar?" Adhira lifted the heavy sapphire necklace around her neck and clumsily clasped it together. The heavy chain caused immediate tension in her neck that served as a constant reminder of the weight of her decisions.

"Not yet ma'am, but we can send a tight beam set up as soon as you're ready," he said, matter-of-factly. A thousand thoughts were racing through Adhira's head. Her mind returned to the odds she had contested when the Ziost invasion launched. If she had gone with her instincts, forced them to calibrate their plan of attack - no. She stopped herself from indulging in the what-ifs of the past and returned her focus to the situation at hand. It would do her no good to dwell on the past. Adhira pressed a button on the arm of her chair and the aide who managed her front office appeared as a hologram on the desk in front of her. "Summon the Cabinet," she said succinctly, dropping the connection when the aide acknowledged her command.

"Admiral, assemble High Command, I want a full battle plan ready for me when I arrive," the military officers saluted the Chancellor and turned to depart. When she was finally alone again, Adhira forced a wave of air out of her lungs that she felt like she'd been holding for a lifetime. Tears spilled down her cheeks and she cast her head forward into her hands, letting herself release a single shuddering sob.

That was all she had time for, all she had to give. It was all she could allow herself to give. She violently rubbed the wetness from her cheeks and straightened out her robes before gathering them up to stand. Her first stop would be the Cabinet Chamber where she would brief the Ministers on the situation. Then she would head to High Command where she would authorize the troop surge. "May the Force be with us all..." she muttered to herself as she strode out of the office.

1d219893dbee9085d02ae49841fb09b246078783.gifv

TASK FORCE XESH
ziost2-obj1-1.png

ABOVE ZIOST | PEACEMAKER
Teica Giraan Teica Giraan

STRANGE IS BETTER
cvMHV8u.png

ec7grC4.png

She’d been meditating for quite some time. Her knuckles on her knees, deep inhales, exhales, completely interwoven with the context of the galactic tapestry. Threads that weft and warped in unique patterns that somehow, if she concentrated hard enough, made enough sense to replicate a picture of sorts.

The tension aboard The Peacemaker and its skeleton crew didn’t make it any easier. She could feel their anxieties like soft, pulsing glows in the peripherals of her mindscape. Otherwise, the ship itself was quiet. There was no life or imprint of its own she had to figure out, but as she’d walked through the corridors and taken her place aboard the bridge, she’d taken care to observe the details.

It took an hour or so to get enough understanding of the design before she was able to replicate the actions of a metaphysical loom, exerting her influence over the threads. It was delicate and cautious, but a beautiful thing to watch. Ships she’d studied from The Galactic Alliance’s manifest started to replicate, building themselves out of nothing against the stars and lining around The Peacemaker to feign the appearance of a reinforcements fleet. Something not possible for The Alliance to actualize, but illusions...they could do illusions for now. So they’d sent her.

Months ago, she’d started memorizing the details of the manifest for an occasion like this. Every detail that would make an image look real ––engines, dorsal turrets, manifolds, struts, tubes, pistons –– she’d meticulously indexed them to her photographic memory, all for this occasion.

Her time was no longer her own. If she didn't have a nano bomb ticking away in her neck, she never would have cared to study the composition of ships. Their angles. The way they reflected the brilliance of space against the void. But here she was..doing the damn thing.

Maijan could feel something swelling behind her ribs, a knot that grew as the images of frigates, bombers, and starfighters started to blossom. The feeling, she realized, was pride. She was proud of herself.

Tapering her enthusiasm, the Fallanassi kept her eyes closed, but decided to speak for the first time since she’d arrived.

“How long have you been a Captain?” Maijan asked, her voice surprisingly calm and attentive despite the burden of distraction. None of the falsified ships were engaged in a lightfight. Like the Peacemaker, they waited.

And then, for her own ego, she prompted:
"Have you ever seen anything like this before?"

She wasn't paid for her time with credits, might as well swindle some compliments.

ziost2-obj3-2.png

1ST BATTALION
7TH MECHANIZED BATTALION
Carbine | Pistol | Armor
Allies: Captain Raith Captain Raith | GA | NIO
Open To Opposition
RZ9C064.png

It kept repeating in my head like a holo-vid stuck on repeat.

"Until the End."

The motto of the 7th. The vets around here sid they say it in order to honor their fallen comrades who fell in previous battles, like Ziost. I can only imagine the feeling of seeing the men you consider your brothers fall right beside you. It must hurt like hell. And then to go tell their parents that their darling son or daughter won't make it back... sucks. I'll make sure my guys come back though. Hopefully.

The squads were in their assigned sections for the equipment check before loading up. Me. Spits and Kipler stood over in our little section while we looked over our gear. I was deconstructing my rifle, and the other two were polishing theirs. I had to make sure everything was clean. I had to rely on this sturdy, heavy piece of equipment to protect my life in the most dangerous of situations. Crazy how those situations work. After cleaning the parts for the fourth time, they were ready. Or I thought they were. The smelled clean enough. I put the cleaning oil away and constructed my weapon the slowest I ever had. Back in training, I used to be one of the fastest to assemble their weapons. But now, my hands shook so much it almost impossible. Was I... scared? Well, everyone is nervous before their first deployment. But I don't why I'm so scared. It'll wear off later.

The lieutenant started screaming to get ready. I took my rifle and the rest of my gear and got set up to roll out. Spits and Kipler were right behind me, and of course, Kipler forgot something. He was missing an extra power pack and none of us had one. He told me that it was fine and he'd be alright, but I couldn't let him go in unprepared. That would be selfish of me. Plus, I wouldn't know what I would do if I knew I could prevent something bad from happening to either him or Spits. I told him to go tell the supply sergeant that he needed one but he said he was too scared to confront him. I laughed a bit but insisted he go. He took my request and went off to find the supply sergeant, who would not be happy to see him.

Then came the Captain. He was usually known for his great speeches before a battle, and it was my turn to hear it. I knew it would be good just from the way he was standing.

"Men! Today we continue a previous battle against the growing mass of fear that lies before us. Today, each and every one of you fights for something more important than yourselves. You fight for those who can't fight for themselves, those who try to stand up but are pushed down by the heavy weight of the Sith. That is what you should keep in mind while you go out there and fight for the Galactic Alliance. So when your back is against the wall and it looks like all odds are against you, don't give up. Don't you DARE give up. Keep strong! Keep fighting until the end!"
A roar of cheer came all around, but I was stuck in place. His words bounced around in my head before finding a place to stick. Until the End. All I could think about was that phrase. Would this prove to be the end of me? Would it be the end for my friends? I have all these questions but no answer.

The green light was given to start heading to the loading bay. The squad leader was yelling for us to get back in our squads and get set in and my legs were shaking heavy. It was time to start the action and I lost my train of thought frequently. I couldn't think about anything else but the battle. One-track mind. All set in. We had our assigned seating and I went to my seat. Once everyone in my squad was accounted for we head out. I looked towards Spits who was right in front of me and he gave me a smirk before putting on his helmet. I gave him a smile and nod back before sliding the helmet on my head and breathing in the recycled air.

My legs were still shaking.

Last edited:

The Galactic Alliance and New Imperial Order's presence upon Ziost and within Tiss'sharl space persists, carrying on with their siege of New Adasta after their assault on Sorzus Academy. The forces of the Sith Empire have ebbed and flowed from all fronts as battles continue to rage across the nation's expanse, yet still weary legionnaires and members of the Sith Order carry on with their offensive.

OOC Note: These objectives are for additional storytelling upon the planet and in space, incorporating events from the former invasion and allowing TSE/Allied writers a focus under the GA objectives.

tiss2.png
Objective: Dividends (relevant to Space I or II, Ground III)
The cold logic of the Tiss'shar have lead them to accepting the deal of Telis Taharin-Zambrano Telis Taharin-Zambrano , the young man giving them a deal they thought too good to refuse. They are dropping from hyperspace near Ziost and falling in with the Empire's fleets.

storm.png
Objective: Stormwrought (relevant to Ground III)
Darth Arcanix, Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf , brings only her best to the battlefield. The skies are darkening as they swell with an arcane infusion, and will soon unleash bolts whose strikes do not kill but perform a more sinister purpose.

faithful.png
Objective: Rise (relevant to Ground III)
Behind the blockade kept by the Galactic Alliance are throngs of New Adasta citizens. Among them, the plain-clothed members of the Sith-Imperial Citizen's Army-- best known as "Redtops"--stir up the citizens to aid in restoring the city to the Empire's hands. They herald the sign: 'Watch the sky.'

[Location: Orbit of Ziost - Negotiator-class Frigate Peacemaker - Bridge]
[Tagging this person:
Maijan Paisea Maijan Paisea ]
[Captain on deck.]

“{This is Captain Giraan of the ANS Peacemaker to all Alliance ships in the area...We’ve sustained severe damage across the Ziost assault fleet, requesting reinforcements. I repeat...we've sustained severe damage across the fleet, please dispatch reinforcements.}”

The words echoed across Alliance channels, across the void. Amidst screaming, destruction, and death, those were the words that were heard.

“Full power to engines!” Teica screamed, sparks flying around her left and right.

Once stark metallic panels, lined along the walls, were torn from their sockets, letting wild streams of smoke burst out into the faces of scrambling bridge officers. Screaming, desperate pleas for help, and frightened reports consumed her thoughts, increasingly wearing down Teica’s mask of bravado.

Firing up with everything they had, the Peacemaker’s engines brought the ship screaming forward and darting away from a flurry of enemy fire. Dancing amidst a vast ballroom of death and debris, the frigate’s hull buckled, and the armor began to tear. A disorganized trail of charred metals followed her wherever she went.

The bridge, the decks, everything, shook with the violent strike of a missile.

Teica crashed into the ground, landing hard on her shoulder. The captain let out a yelp of pain, only barely managing to take hold of side-mounted railings. The bravado fell, and tears began to force themselves through her demeanor. She winced as she tried to stand up, quickly collapsing yet again. Her eyes quickly set on a broken pipe, lying amidst a pile of debris. And within an instant, she grabbed it, slowly standing up and using the tube as a makeshift support.

Slowly, the impacts began to cease as the enemy began to target more convenient targets. But, as what had to have been a cruel joke, the Peacemaker found itself scraping the sides of an Alliance star defender, covered in plasma marks and breaking into pieces.

She hit the ground again once they had cleared the fragments. The ‘cane’ flew out of her hand. But the ordeal was over, and the Peacemaker had taken cover behind a larger Alliance cruiser.

“Keep laser cannons at the ready, fire concussion missiles at the enemy’s flagship, bring 'em across their bow,” Hopefully they would be able to draw fire away from the Alliance fighters, “Get me lieutenant Ethemec.”

Once again Teica stood up amidst a smell of burning and the sounds of screams. She fell forward, grabbing onto the display table for dear life. Swiping a hand upward of the holo-table, she brought up a status panel. The primary hyperdrive was down, the connections to the secondary were failing, she was missing half of the Peacemaker’s turbolasers, sick bay was filling with casualties, and she had lost an engine. Without warning, the unstable hologram of a uniformed Core-Worlder jumped from the table:

“{Captain, this is Ehtemec, what did you need?}” The chief looked as exhausted as she did.

“{How long..}” Teica coughed, wincing as she did so, “{How long until we’ll have shields back?}”

“{Fifty minutes, ma’am.}”

“{Make it thirty. Teica out.}”

Her eyes closed, stained by tears and blood as she collapsed to her knees. Weakly, a fist hit the table, right on the rim. Sparks crackled from control ports, smoke trickled out from vents, and drops of blood formed an unsteady trail out of the bridge.

The sounds of firing missiles resonated along the Peacemaker’s hull, appearing deep and muffled to the listeners, almost being drowned out by the constant screaming. But, slowly, the screaming began to silence, as the captain’s sniffling began to fade, and the resonating ceased. Teica stood up, letting her mind clear, and letting her gaze soften. The captain’s head aimed downward, taking care to analyze the holo-display, watching Imperial ships emerge from hyperspace. Then came even more Alliance ships.

The captain couldn't hide her smile, and most certainly couldn't hide a long laugh.

How long have you been a Captain? A strange voice startled her, "Have you ever seen anything like this before?"

She found herself struggling to get the words out, but prevailed.

"No, I've never," She let out a laugh, mixed with tears, relief, pain, and healing, "Thank you..Thank You..."

"Oh, uh, Six years,"
Teica still couldn't believe it, "Wait..who are you?"

Last edited:

ziost2-obj2-3.png

ALLIANCE COMMAND
PROSPERITY || BETWEEN TISS'SHARL AND ZIOST
Seto Du Couteau Seto Du Couteau || Brama Tagge Brama Tagge
To Engage: Lark Lark

ELxaPoc.png
Hiding in the shadows during the negotiations was definetely something hard to bear for the Jedi Master, the biggest contingent of Jedi were sent over to fight in Ziost against the Sith who were trying to subdue the population to their dark will... and meanwhile his brothers and sisters fought in the ground and in space, he was tasked to guard the ambassadors sent over by the Galactic Alliance; senators from different worlds to lead the talks in Tiss'sharl-

At first it wasn't fun... but over time, watching and hearing everything while remaining concealed with his Force techniques changed his perspective. He just listened to their politics and their conversations with great interest to understand not just what they were saying but also about how they were feeling about the whole situation. Still, such fun that he acquire through time didn't compare to the help he could provide in a battlefield but each had their role to play... and this time around, this was his role.

What the Jedi Master didn't expect, was the change of tone of the whole situation around the Prosperity... he couldn't foresee the fact that their situation was turning quite grim as the Sith forces were planning on taking on the Prosperity head on. This massive ship had a lot of defense capabilities and it was a fortress in space... better than the Alliance One based on what one of the officers present.

Both Senators that he was tasked to protect were close by: Brama Tagge Brama Tagge and Seto Du Couteau Seto Du Couteau . Vex didn't know a lot about neither but, based on what he had learned and what he had seen over the past couple of weeks; they were quite good with words and he had seen what Brama had done to this magnificient beasts that were always following her around.

It was at this precise moment that the bearded Jedi decided to show up...to materialize himself in plain view and drop his concealment techniques. He showed up just like if he had teleported or something... but there was no portal or anything similar; it was just that he wasn't there, and now he was.

His presence and assignment was heavily classified so that he wouldn't raise alarms in the negotiations, he was there just to defend and never to show muscle... the NJO knew what a Jedi with a lightsaber might appear in negotiations and for that reason he was just hidden. Only a couple of people knw about his presence but still they couldn't see him. That is why when he showed up, some of the officers around there jumped at the surprise, but the Jedi just smiled trying to reassure them and nodded. He then approached the two senators and bowed his head sending his regards.

"It seems that my role has changed senators" The Jedi raised his head and still had that smile in his face, that smug smile that made him just feel that everything was going to be alright, even when he could see that things were going bad "Now, I am sure that you are quite capable of defending yourselves against normal assaliants, but we might be facing Sith soon and we need to consider an escape plan"

Enemy: Vaylin Vaylin
Allies: Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze | Kaska Arden Kaska Arden
Objective: Cleanse.

split.gif

Sardun watched impassively as Kaze left the room.

"He seems competent enough." The tone was carefully neutral as was his expression, but Kaska could feel it. He did not believe in the boy. It reminded him too much of his own youth. How cocksure had he been, so stalwart, eager to jump into the fray and make his name. Finally the Jedi Master put the helmet back on and any traces of humanity were wiped with that motion once more.

Already starting to walk, leaving Kaska behind as he summoned his hammer to his side. Only by the door did Sardun pause briefly. He didn't look back. This version, after so many years, could not look back any longer.

"You lost your faith in me. I haven't lost mine in yours. Do good, Knight Arden, I believe in you."

But maybe not all of the old was lost.

Sardun didn't wait to hear for a response. In truth, he didn't want one. Neither of them were equipped for that sort of conversation. It was better to move past the awkwardness as soon as possible. Instead... he summoned the Light. His presence in the Force flared up as he touched that illusive network between himself and his companions. All at once he was suddenly aware of more. The breath of hundreds, their anxiety smoothed out by his sudden presence, it was enough to calm himself as well.

Within the many anything was possible.

Now all the Jedi had to do was find a fight. The Force was already pushing him along, somewhere, close enough... there was an opponent.

He just needed to find it.

ziost2-obj3-2.png
Allies: DECEASED Erskine Barran DECEASED Erskine Barran , NIO, GA
Enemies: TSE
Gear: Two lightsabers, two pistols, one sword, armour (necessary subs in signature/minor armour modification noted in character bio)
Engaging: Nobody

0YtpSFZ.png

"Not good."

In hindsight, perhaps commandeering a Sith starfighter wasn't one of his best decisions. Thankfully the Caedus-class was a bit roomier than its predecessors, so he didn't have too much trouble fitting himself and his sword into it, but the defenses were proving a bit lackluster. That wasn't a problem at first; when he'd taken the fighter and set off in chase of a squadron that was off to harass the alliance forces in New Adasta, things had been fine. He came up behind them, took out the majority with the laser cannons, and then in the confusion, managed to reduce the numbers further.

Afterwards, though, it turned into a chase, where he was the one who had to turn tail and deal with laser blasts on his backside. "Absolutely not good." Twelve on one was dumb odds even with the element of surprise and the Force on his side. Four on one was terrible, but at least he had managed to keep them from wreaking havoc in the city. And, of course, without an astromech, he didn't have anybody to control his aft turret, so he was relying more on evasive maneuvers to keep alive than on any destructive capabilities.

Warning alarms started blaring loudly in his cockpit as the fighter shuddered; sure enough, the turret was freshly destroyed.

"Alright, alright, you wanna-be aces. You can keep up. I'm impressed." His hands flew over the controls as he muttered to himself; his engine speed dropped instantly, leaving only repulsorlifts to hold the craft in the air. The four fighters pursuing him each broke off of their formation, flying around to avoid crashing into him; Cotan's fighter accelerated again, pursuing the last, and sending it out of the air with a focused salvo of fire. "Three." The fighter shuddered under the stress as he threw it into a quick turn, coming after another one of the fighters that had evaded him, and blasting them out of the sky as well.

"Two."

The fighter shuddered again, this time as a piece of the armoured plating sheared off from further fire. Cursing, Cotan diverted all his power from weapons and shields to his engines, momentarily taking him out of the path of the two remaining Sith pilots, who immediately fell in back into pursuit behind him. Time to see if this works out as well as that one story Jorus told me. By now, he and his pursuers both were already subject to some confused anti-air fire from forces below, who'd come to try and alleviate the siege; no matter what, the fighter Cotan was in would be destroyed.

All he had to do was make sure he didn't get destroyed with it.

He pressed down into the control columns, dropping and rolling in a Split S; once he levelled out, he came up again, firing into the Sith pilots to soften their shields. Unfortunately for them—and, perhaps, for him—their formation was too tight to avoid Cotan's fire, or his fighter. He came up between the two, shearing off both of of his wings, and one each of theirs. Both immediately spun off into the ground, unable to control their craft properly, while Cotan started spinning too, tracing a large parabola as he first went up under momentum...

Before turning sharply downwards.

Through the spin, he could recognize some of the lines of battle, at least when his eyes could focus enough. Thankfully enough, it looked like he wasn't pointed at part of the sieging Sith forces, but for some of the New Imperials who had come to help. Now, all he had to do was find the blasted ejection mechani—

Oh, I guess that lever was the right one.

The canopy flew off, Cotan flying into the air at an extremely uncomfortable angle. The seat fell away, and he was stuck in a stunned free fall for a matter of moments as his mind fought to catch-up with what all had just happened; even with the Force, organic brains could only take so much.

Sword, check. Lightsabers, check. Blasters, check.

Parachute...oh, right.

Not in a proper flight suit, nor in a proper fighter, he didn't have one. Thankfully enough, he knew how to slow his fall with the Force, keeping him from bursting like an overripe tomato upon contact with one of the vehicles he was coming towards. However, he did still come in fairly hard, slamming into the top of what looked like a command vehicle with Galidraani colours hard enough that there was no possible way the occupants didn't notice.

And if they still somehow didn't, his loud cursing immediately afterwards would definitely catch their attention.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom