Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech DG-41 “Inferos” Class Disruptor Shotgun

Status
Not open for further replies.
concept_art_wolfenstein_the_old_blood___schockhamm_by_torvenius-db51z80.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: To expand Jaeger Solutions standing market presence, and release a powerful shotgun.
  • Image Source: Here
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: Disruptor
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Disruptor
  • Size: Handheld
  • Length: .9 m
  • Weight: 5 kg
  • Ammunition Type: Self Contained Tibanna Shells
  • Ammunition Capacity: Eight Gas Shots Before Reload
  • Effective Range: CQC - While technically endless, the prismatic effect of its firing severely reduces accurate shots past just a few meters.
  • Rate of Fire: Semi-Automatic
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Extremely Powerful Shots
  • Near-Endless Power Supply
Strengths:
  • Little Friend -
    • While on the surface there is a significant strength to any disruptor rifle, the Inferos Class finds special advantage in that is forces each shot to become a prismatic explosion of energy. Utilizing its crystal choke to full effect, it uses many more times the average amount of Tibanna gas per shot; requiring a self contained, singular use gas canister for each one. Still, due to its ability to do major damage per pull-of-the-trigger it is still considered an effective weapon against even heavy armored vehicles; should the situation be correct.
  • New Aged Generator -
    • With a crystal core, the one endless portion of the weapon is its power pack. With the DE-MK 1 Crystal Core at its center, there is nearly an endless amount of energy to be handed out to each shot. That is to say, while there is an endless amount of raw energy at the weapons disposal it still requires significant amount of gas to perform each shot. This creates a mixed drawback in that it still requires reloads and maintenance according to what more standard slug throwers may use.

Weaknesses:

• Explosive Reaction -
    • Should the core ever be cracked or damaged, the resulting explosion would severely injure both the user and a small radius around them. This is because of the exborrant amount of energy that said power pack holds, and the sensitivity of its operation. While encased deeply in the action of the rifle, it is still possible to cut through and create a critical failure with something like a lightsaber, for example.
  • Round By Round -
    • While more standard disruptors are self contained systems with minimal maintence or reloading, the strength of the Inferos demands an immediate exchange of tibanna gas after every shot. To make up for this, a more traditional and somewhat archaic tube design was to hold a number of shells, while a self loading system would keep a round in the chamber after every shot. This however, still requires manual reloading of the tibanna gas shells after eight consecutive shots.
  • Too Hot, Too Fast -
    • Despite the Dallorian Alloy in both the barrel and various aspects of the weapon for cooling purposes, should someone manage to fire more than a few rounds back to back there is a strong chance of damage to the weapon. From melted barrels to explosive reactor failures, firing the weapon as fast as it can will often result in a deadly punishment meant strictly for the careless.
  • Death Sentence -
    • Its illegal in practically every star system. You didn't get it from us.

DESCRIPTION

“As Jaeger Solutions expands its presence on the galactic level, it requires more than just armor components and defensive measure. Today, in the galaxy’s troubled state, the company renown for its weapons comes to the playing field with something new and innovative; destructive and final.
Today, Jaeger Solutions releases the Inferos Class Disruptor Rifle.
To match the growing demands for game changing weapons, Jaeger Solutions took a number of inspirational highlights from every warring group across the galaxy to create the absolute best in close quarters combat. That is to say, while many disruptor rifles have been tuned for accuracy and long range, we innovate through to the next solution;
A prismatic choked shotgun, made in the Disruptor platform.
Utilizing a trademarked design to spread the shots in a randomized pattern, we have created a weapon capable of destroying almost anything directly in front of it. With nearly fifteen identical disruptor beams fired every pull of the trigger, there is almost nothing that could survive more than two or three consecutive shots; not even the limitless potential of enemy armor.”
At least, that’s how the press release went.
In truth, the weapon was far more devastating than initial reports indicated, turning the tide in a number of cartel wars and small scale wars. With its galaxy wide release, Jaeger Solutions watched as the destructive nature of its creation was released in full to every shadowy corner of the galaxy with little regard to innocent life.
Where a credit was to be made, a credit would; releasing it to a number of warzones on both sides. Because of this, the Inferos Class Disruptor rifle was nicknamed ‘Widowmaker’ on the battlefield, a fitting name considering the endless destruction it has waged in the name of profit. It would seem that until differing ideals refused to polarize themselves, there would be no shortage of sales for Jaeger Solutions.
They’d have it no other way.

Last edited:

Rusty

Purveyor of Fine Weaponry
I'm really liking what you've done with this thing. The idea of a prismatic choke is a nice touch, and I look forward to seeing how it gets used in the future. That said, we do have a couple of minor things to handle.

The Slave said:
powerful shotgun.
Not really a rifle then, is it?

The Slave said:
Production: Minor
This is a very powerful weapon. It's well balanced enough that I don't want to nerf it, but I would appreciate it if you reduced the production to limited.

The Slave said:
DE-MK 1 Crystal Core
If there's a submission behind this, I'd appreciate it if you could link it here or maybe the Special Features.

Other than that, I think we're good to go. Tag me once you've got it finished.

[member="The Slave"]

Rusty said:
Not really a rifle then, is it?
Technically no, but I did it just because I didn't see anything else on 'disruptor shotguns'. Apologies!

Rusty said:
This is a very powerful weapon. It's well balanced enough that I don't want to nerf it, but I would appreciate it if you reduced the production to limited.
Edited to closed Market and Limited.

Rusty said:
If there's a submission behind this, I'd appreciate it if you could link it here or maybe the Special Features.
As far as this goes, there is a link to the submission in question under 'Materials'.

Thank you for the timely response!

[member="Rusty"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom