Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WS-2 World Devastators

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorldDevastator-NEGWT-removebg-preview.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
STANDARD FEATURES
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
STRENGTHS
  • Flying Fortress | Equipped with a vast array of powerful exotic weaponry along with a considerable amount of a vast array of defenses including extensive shielding, powerful exotic anti-air defenses and heavy armor. This allows the WS-2 World Devastator to withstand assaults even when outnumbered and outgunned while also being able to deal alot of damage to opposing forces.
  • Relentless Horde | Equipped with a vast array of powerful tractor beam projectors and molecular furnaces capable of tearing up natural resources and covert them into processed materials which in turn are utilized to endlessly produce all sorts of automated war machines such as battle droids and droid starfighters in order to overwhelm hostile forces both in space and on the ground.
WEAKNESSES
  • Beasts of Burden | Despite being incredibly powerful, the WS-2 World Devastators have little speed or maneuverability making them easy targets for enemy warships and starfighters and subject to numerous attacks that could eventually overwhelm it's extensive defenses and eventually take out the Devastator.
  • Large Profile | Due to it's large profile, the WS-2 World Devastators are easy to detect and locate and thus could be quickly engaged by hostile forces upon deployment on the battlefield.
DESCRIPTION

During the Second Great Hyperspace War, the Final Dawn had collaborated with the New Sith Order and the Tribes of the Maw in order to revive a weapon of ancient terror in order to keep the Brotherhood of the Maw's War Machine up and running regardless of the setbacks they would encounter throughout the War. This vision would come in the form of the Ws-1 World Devastators created through the combined efforts of SularenCo, the Epoch Engineering Corporation and Croke Engineers. While an impressive weapon in it's own right still capable of serving as a Automated Factory/Molecular Furnace making use of buildings, warships and other war materials to produce large amounts of weapons, fighters, and droids for the Maw, it still came short of emulating the true sheer terror of the original World Devastators deployed by Palpatine's Dark Empire.

As such, with Darth Solipsis secretly gathering the remnants of both the Brotherhood of the Maw and the Empire to create his Dark Empire almost three decades after the original collapse of the Brotherhood of the Maw, the Final Dawn began working on a successor to the Ws-1 World Devastator, one that would truly emulate the sheer terror and destructive capabilities of the original World Devastators in order to secure victory for the Dark Empire in it's future campaigns. Having gathered a vast amount of research data from the Tribes of the Maw and the New Sith Order, the Final Dawn was able to begin work on this new project working to improve the limitations that denied the WS-1 World Devastators from reaching it's true potential.

Thus the WS-2 World Devastator would be born, being equipped with more powerful exotic weapons, stronger armor and a vast array of defenses in addition to having the capability to produce larger amounts of weapons, starfighters and droids then it's predecessor and at a faster rate thanks to it's integrated AI System. These combinations along with the WS-2 World Devastator's AI's ability to rapidly adapt to changing situations, and improve new strategies efficiently has given this new class of World Devastators the potential to truly sweep the floor when facing any sort of opposition on the battlefield, inspiring fear and dread to all those who dare to oppose the might of the Dark Empire.

02/16/2024
  • Completely Revamped Out of Character Information
  • Completely Revamped Production Information
  • Completely Revamped Technical Specifications
  • Completely Revamped Standard and Advanced Features
  • Completely Revamped Strengths and Weaknesses
  • Completely Revamped Description

Last edited:
HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
Marlon Sularen Marlon Sularen

Nice and interesting ship! However I found some problems:
  • Please link the SularenCo to the Manufacturer.
  • The Deflector Shield's link is broken, please fix it.
  • You can't use the following items without permission, these are closed-market products. Please ask permission from Nakaioma:
    • Togawa Intruder Detectors
    • Internal Security Cameras
    • Mitsuama Security Turrets
    • Long Range MultiScanners
  • And please explain these weaknesses, in the template:
    • Lengthy Starfighter Deployment & Retrieval
    • Vulnerable to Larger Ships

HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge

Update on this? I have to move the thread to the Archive soon according to the Factory policy. I can give you a few more days if you need them, until Sunday (2021.10.17.), to make the necessary edits or indicate that you are asking for a few extra days for this.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins

Hi there, I will be looking after your submission.

So looking over this I would like to know, to begin with how this isn't a super weapon? Particularly since it seems to be mostly based off and named after the World Devastators, which in their own wiki page are said to be

"World Devastators, also known as World Smashers, World Sweepers, Planet Smashers, or City Eaters, were gigantic superweapons, successors of the Imperial Leviathan, with strong tractor beams attached to them that could wreak havoc on planets."

If you can't give me any reason as to why this isn't a super weapon, I will have to deny it on those grounds.

I'm going to be taking over this submission.

So, looking over this submission I noticed that you had taken a submission that used to be a ship, the FD-200 Corvette Carrier Prototype and re-wrote it into a superweapon.

Why did you do this?

Chaos doesn't have a limit on the number of threads and submissions you can write so there is no reason to reuse an old submission like this. The modifications forum is designed to be used for modifications of previous submissions, not for rewriting them into something completely different. People could have linked to your submissions and now when they go to look at them it would be something completely different.

Turning a previous submission into a completely new submission like this is an abuse of the system as it stands and I have to be honest it seems like you were hoping that it would be waved through with a cursory glance since it's "just a modification".

First i would like to apologize for any inconvenience and i full understand your concerns regarding this sub.

As for why i completely re-did this submission, a while back i had already completed the initial modification of the original FD-400 Heavy Attack Corvette and copy-pasted it into a completely new submission for Live Judgement thus rendering this submission pretty much useless so i figured that since i could no longer submit the updated version of the FD-400 Heavy Attack Corvettes here since i had already submitted it elsewhere i could probably begin reworking it entirely into a new submission.

As for the World Devastators themselves i was more so envisioning on creating a more heavier and powerful successor to the non-Superweapon
World Devastators that Darth Solipsis submitted a while back. According to the wiki, Superweapons are classified as any sort of technology that are capable of destroying entire planets or star systems. The Original World Devastators that appeared in the Dark Empire we're according to the wiki capable of tearing apart the surface of a planet beneath it due to their powerful tractor beams.

However Solipsis's World Devastators were a toned down version of the OG Version capable only of consuming Infrastructure and both Vehicles and Starships with their Tractor Beams. When i made this World Devastator it was with the intent of creating a more modern variant with heavier weapons and defenses but still keeping to the original limits as conceived in Solipsis's Submission, only giving it the capability of consuming Infrastructure, Vehicles and Starships and possibly the ability strip rake the surface of planets just like the Canon Non-Superweapon
Ore Crawlers featured in Star Wars Rebels.

Again i understand if this submission raised any alarms and apologize for that fact and hope this matter can be resolved.

Thank you for clearing that up, while you may not have intended to bypass or fool anyone in the future please do not repurpose submissions like this but create a new thread for each new submission.

Now, onto this submission.

You state that:

When i made this World Devastator it was with the intent of creating a more modern variant with heavier weapons and defenses but still keeping to the original limits as conceived in Solipsis's Submission, only giving it the capability of consuming Infrastructure, Vehicles and Starships and possibly the ability strip rake the surface of planets just like the Canon Non-Superweapon Ore Crawlers featured in Star Wars Rebels.

However, in the strengths of this submission you have noted the following:

Relentless Horde | Equipped with a vast array of powerful tractor beam projectors and molecular furnaces capable of tearing up natural resources and covert them into processed materials

Not infrastructure, vehicles, starships, or natural resources, i.e. the planet. In the end, it's not a matter of intent however, it's a matter of capability. These have all the capability of the originals, so I'm deeming them a super weapon.

As such I'm going to deny this submission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom