Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech DI.101 Corruption Tubolaser (AKA cholesterol gun)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grand Shepherd Burtch

Fleet Commander For The Nomadic Peoples Coalition

stephen-zavala-turret-1-sz_2.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Specialty Naval Artillery
  • Size: Large
  • Weight: Heavy
  • Ammunition Type: TibannaX
  • Ammunition Capacity: Average
  • Effective Range: Extreme
  • Rate of Fire: Low
  • Damage Output: Extreme
    • Only when firing at absorption type defences.
  • Recoil: High
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Pathway Exploitation - this weapon fires modulated, charged TibanaX particles at an enemy, which are designed to soak into their absorption defences and obstruct/corrupt the power grid integration infrastructure. The integration infrastructure then becomes volatile with the presence of modulated TibannaX particles and it can explode at the first introduction of outside energy input, such as turbolasers, lazers, ION canons, etc.
  • Fire Control - in lieu of another supplied fire control grid in the ship’s design, this weapon system does come with its own supplementary fire control system:

STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES
Strengths
  • Set ‘em up and knock ‘em down - this naval gun exploits the fact that absorption defensive measures leave the enemy’s power grid exposed to outside sources. The intent is that energy absorption defences will soak up weapons fire from these guns and become volatile and corrupted. The next shot(s) from any kind of energy weapon, whether it be turbolasers, Ion canons, megamasers, etc., can then potentially inflict damage to the enemy’s power grid relative to the damage output of those weapons that are used next.
  • Deals no damage on its own - the shots that this gun fires are only capable of setting up an opponent to take damage from other weapons that are fired next. If other weapons are not used, or the next weapons are not absorbable (like a slugthrower), the target receives absolutely no damage whatsoever.
  • Far-reaching - even without an external fire control, these guns have the ability to fire extreme distances very accurately.
  • Great expectations… - If the enemy does not have any active absorption defences, this weapon is little more than a shiny paperweight that spews glowing lights. Maybe it can still be used for bracketing fire? Warning shots? Shrugs

DESCRIPTION
One day, Daro Roz’yrn and Viken Dobson were sitting together at a Bantha Burger restaurant on Damascus Station when Daro decided to order three burgers for himself. Viken, being the scientific mind that he was, was deeply concerned for Daro’s health, as Bantha Burger could be high in cholesterol. Somehow, what ensued next was something of a friendly banter between the two men, as Daro defended his right to abuse his arteries as he saw fit. Viken began to argue that if Daro proceeded to abuse himself with such an unhealthy diet that the enemy would not need to bother with shooting him. Just wait. Daro jokingly countered that if he somehow managed to die from excessive cholesterol, he would be more than happy to let the R&D department in Dar’Manda Industries dissect him, and deduce a way to use this method against the enemy.

And with that, Viken’s eyes clouded over, stared into space for a moment, and then he stood up. He turned, left the restaurant, and let Daro pay for the meal.

For the next few weeks, Viken worked in his lab and designed this gun. He figured out that if TibannaX was an isotope of regular Tibanna, it could be shot out of a turbolaser like the normal stuff. But because it was designed for stealth engines, the capabilities of this gas had never been properly exploited as a form of ordnance. By implementing a special modulator in the galven circuitry, he was able to create a turbolaser beam that did no damage on its own, but could be soaked up by absorption technologies. It would then soak into the power grid integration systems and corrupt those pathways. The next form if outside energy that was introduced would be transferred straight to the corrupted systems and explode violently.

To this day, Daro still thinks Viken owes him a meal…

Last edited:
HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
Grand Shepherd Burtch Grand Shepherd Burtch

Interesting weapon, but in this form it is useless. This means even if the shield system absorbs this weapon's attack, it will not cause any damage on the Electronic system, becuase the weapon not cause any damage. In this case the caused damage is not means physical, but that damage what the weapon can cause in the system. I wanted to write Ion weapon with None damage, and AMCO edited me, they have must have damage, but the damage in such cases means the damage what the current type of weapon can cause. So yes, my Ion cannon has now Extreme damage, but it still not cause any physcal damage on anything and this damage means the ionizion damage what the ion cause in the system.

So I can accept this one, but I don't think you want it. Do you want to edit the submission? If not, I'll accept this one too, or I'll archive it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom