Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship FD-400 Heavy Attack Corvette

Status
Not open for further replies.

star_wars_dagger_class_heavy_corvette_by_adamkop_d9c9jw1-pre-removebg-preview.png
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a series of high-quality specialized Corvettes for the Final Dawn
  • Image Source: Here
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: Here | Here | Here | Here | Here
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
STANDARD FEATURES
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
STRENGTHS
  • Silent But Deadly | Unlike any ordinary Stealth Ship, the FD-400 does not rely on Cloaking Devices but makes use of it's Phkalt Metal Hull which can reflect all light and thus make the ship visibly invisible, in addition to this unique ability, the FD-400 is equipped with a variety of Advanced Stealth Systems and Sensory Countermeasures allowing it to remain undetected both visually and from the sensors of enemy warships. This grants the FD-400 the ability to close in unsuspecting Warships and unleash it's deadly payload of Anti-Capital Ship Ordinance in a potentially deadly strike.
  • Turbolaser Resistance | Thanks to it's Phkalt Metal Hull, the FD-400 is capable of surviving direct hits from even the strongest of blaster weaponry such as turbolasers and beam canons, which will only bounce off the hull of the FD-400 when hitting it's target. This grants the FD-400 with an increased survivability rate in battles and the ability to get close enough to larger warships to deal deadly blows even when exposed.
  • Carrier Corvette | Despite being largely an Anti-Capital Ship Corvette, dedicated to the destruction of larger warships such as Star Destroyers and Battlecruisers, the FD-400 possesses enough hangar space for 2 Squadrons of Starfighters which can allow the FD-400 to carry out Hit-and-run raids against enemy targets at any place across the galaxy thanks to it's visual cloaking abilities that allows the FD-400 to travel across the galaxy in plain sight without the possibility of being detected.
  • State-of-the-Art Defenses | Equipped with a variety of sophisticated Anti-Starfighter and Anti-Capital Ship Defensive Weaponry as well as it's Shield Force Multipliers, Three-layer Shielding system and the Phkalt Metal Hull capable of resisting direct hits from Heavy Energy Weapons, the FD-400 is quite resilient capable of overcoming the odds especially in the face of larger warships such as Star Destroyers which will always give the FD-400 greater chances at slipping away from it's enemies to fight another day in the name of the Final Dawn.
  • Shield Force Multipliers | In addition to it's Turbolaser Resistance, the FD-400 is equipped with Shield Force Multipliers which allow the ship to withstand concentrated fire at a certain point of the vessel. When such a thing occurs, the Shields will only harden at the point where the enemy has concentrated their attack and thus provide twice as much protection in the face of certain attacks such as Alpha Strikes and Nova Flares. This only increases the difficulty of scoring a critical hit against a FD-400 as not only it possesses strong shielding but also a strong hull.
WEAKNESSES
  • General Mobility | Due to it's heavy focus on Firepower and Hangar Space, a trait it shares with the more heavier Battlecarrier, the FD-400 lacks any considerable Mobility and as such due to it's sluggish nature can be easily picked apart by Faster Corvettes and Even Faster Frigates (With a Speed Rating of Very High and above) should their location ever be uncovered by the enemy.
  • Exposed Hangars | Because of it's Small Size, the Ventral Hangars of the FD-400 make up for a considerable portion of the Corvette's internal volume and as such targeting the ventral hangars of the FD-400 could weaken it's structural integrity or could go as far as outright crippling or destroying a Corvette with a single lucky shot
  • Vulnerability to Kinetic Weapons | While it's Phkalt Hull is extremely resistant to Energy Weapons such as Turbolasers and Laser Canons, it is not suited to withstand Kinetic Weaponry such as Hypervelocity Canons and Autocanons which can easily tear a single FD-400 apart with a single direct shot.
  • Shield Force Multipliers | When utilizing it's Shield Force Multipliers, while the Shields of the FD-400 will be stronger at the area which the enemy has targeted the ship with a concentrated attack such as a Nova Flaire or an Alpha Strike, the same can't be said for the rest of the ship as the Shields throughout the areas not covered by the Shield Force Multiplier will be significantly weaker then it was before the activation of the Shield Force Multiplier thus making the ship more vulnerable to heavier attacks if one decides to use a concentrated attack as bait to trigger the activation of the Shield Force Multipliers.
  • Exposed Rear | Like most Vessels of Imperial design, the FD-400 lacks any considerable rear defenses allowing more Mobile Ships and smaller Starfighters to easily take out the engines once they manage to bypass the shields of the FD-400 which would leave the FD-400 immobile and render it more vulnerable to Kinetic Weaponry from larger Capital Ships
DESCRIPTION
When Sularen first enlisted in the New Imperial Order he came up with the idea of developing a Battlecarrier centric fleet that would theoretically be able to dominate the battlefield with a heavy focus on Firepower and Starfighter Capacity. Eventually this idea would evolve into the Naval Doctrine of the Final Dawn nearly a decade later in the aftermath of Sularen's removal from power on Byss. Upon joining the Final Dawn and being appointed as Grand Overseer, Sularen immediately went to work, building up a powerful armada of Heavy Battlecruisers and Battlecarriers in the hopes of simply overwhelming the enemy with sheer Firepower and Starfighter Supreacy. However setbacks suffered at Jedha, Adrathorpe and Tython demonstrated the flaws of such a doctrine in the face of more flexible Fleets and while Sularen had no intent on abandoning his Battlecarrier Doctrine he sought an alternative to the Mighty Battlecarrier, a smaller type of Warship that could easily decimate entire Fleets without taking considerable damage itself.

Taking inspiration of the "Wolfpack" Tactics first envisioned by his subordinate Kaine Hamilton and briefly utilized by the Final Dawn with it's Supremacy Mark-I Star Destroyers (Most notably at Kril'Dor and Cormit), Sularen sought to develop a smaller type of warship that could employ these tactics more effectively with the ability to wreak havoc on the entire fleets while remaining undetected. His solution : The FD-400 Heavy Attack Corvette. Making use of a special material known as Phkalt Metal, first introduced to him by Haon Hafey, Sularen's Engineers within SularenCo were able to design a Heavily Armed Corvette capable of dealing extensive damage towards enemy ships while remaining undetected by applying a combination of the Phkalt Metal's Visual Stealth Systems and Advanced Sensory and Stealth Systems that would allow the FD-400 to remain invisible to enemy ships both Visibly and on their Sensors.

This would allow the FD-400 to sneak right up to enemy warships undetected and launch volleys of heavy ordinance at them dealing extensive damage to them within moments before they could properly react making use of Special Weapons such as Seismic Missiles from Haon Hafey and the Black Snake Stealth Missile from Nakaioma. In addition, the Phkalt Metal provided by Haon Hafey also possessed extreme resistance to Energy Weapons and as such would allow the FD-400 to survive direct shots from enemy Turbolasers and Beam Canons thus increasing it's survivability rates on the battlefield. As a bonus, Sularen also decided to implement part of his Battlecarrier Doctrine to the FD-400 by increasing it's Hangar-Space allow up to 2 Squadrons of Starfighters and Bombers to be inserted within a single FD-400 thus granting it with the additional ability to launch raids against targets deep behind enemy lines at ease without being detected.

To the High Regent, the FD-400 represents a secret weapon which hopefully would turn the tide of the war back in the favor of the Final Dawn and ensure his final victory over his foes within the Galactic Alliance in which he has long sought to dismantle for nearly two decades now. In order to achieve such goals the FD-400's existence has been kept a secret and remains only known to a few select high-ranking officers within the Final Dawn including all members of the Central Committee. Even high-ranking Mawites such as Mori and Kyrel Ren remain oblivious to the existence of the FD-400, as Sularen aims to deliver a massive shockwave of shock and awe left behind the first deployment of the FD-400 and to shroud his so-called "Wonder Weapon" in secrecy as to ensure that he will remain ahead of everyone who stands in his way with this ace up his sleeve.

Last edited:
We have one issue here with a side of one warning.

The issue is the Phkalt Metal, I have yet to give you permission for that in particular I wish to add in. However, given the circumstances/death of Haon Hafey, the public thread going on and so forth...along with how long it is taking, I think we can speed up the process a bit. Regardless, you need to update the permissions. Check your discord, you will see a new permission for you to use to replace the old one to fix this.

The warning is also the Phkalt Metal as it is something I created to be near impossible to break in the right circumstances. You have listed their weaknesses however and while I do approve of how you wrote them into the submission, I must insist on at least next time, taking a bit more care on defenses. Generally slapping on the metal is a Very High at the least but this time, I think it be alright given the size and use of the corvette.

With that said, let me know when you are done making edits.
Marlon Sularen Marlon Sularen

We have one issue here with a side of one warning.

The issue is the Phkalt Metal, I have yet to give you permission for that in particular I wish to add in. However, given the circumstances/death of Haon Hafey, the public thread going on and so forth...along with how long it is taking, I think we can speed up the process a bit. Regardless, you need to update the permissions. Check your discord, you will see a new permission for you to use to replace the old one to fix this.

The warning is also the Phkalt Metal as it is something I created to be near impossible to break in the right circumstances. You have listed their weaknesses however and while I do approve of how you wrote them into the submission, I must insist on at least next time, taking a bit more care on defenses. Generally slapping on the metal is a Very High at the least but this time, I think it be alright given the size and use of the corvette.

With that said, let me know when you are done making edits.
Marlon Sularen Marlon Sularen

Made the necessary edits as well as added a few extra things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom