Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Seismic Missile

Status
Not open for further replies.
hellfire_missile_wip_4_by_scott2753.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: To create a Missile variant of the Seismic Charge
  • Image Source: (x)
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source:
    Seismic Charge (x)
    Proton Torpedo (x)
    Concussion Missile (x)
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Have Gun Will Travel (x)
  • Model: Seismic Missile
  • Affiliation: Closed Market, Black Sun (x)
  • Production: Limited
  • Material:
    Baradium (x)
    Collapsium (x)
    Durasteel (x)

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Medium Missile
  • Size: Ship-Mounted/Vehicle-Mounted
  • Length: Average
  • Weight: Heavy
  • Ammunition Type: Baradium (x) and Collapsium (x)
  • Ammunition Capacity: 1
  • Stopping Power: High
  • Effective Range: Battlefield
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • The Seismic Missile comes from a variant of the Seismic charge. When it strikes a target, the unstable nature of the liquid Baradium ignites with the Collapsium to give it an inward implosion before exploding outward in a powerful shockwave that goes on for half a kilometer.
Strengths:
  • Powerful Explosive: The Seismic Missile was intended to be a bunker buster and armor destroyer, allowing it to be versatile when it comes to taking out a building or a tank.
  • Universal Loading Design: Designed along the same shape of the concussion missile and photon torpedo, it could potentially be loaded onto most starfighters and missile racks.
Weaknesses:
  • A bird flies on By: If ANYTHING hits the missile during flight, it will ignite the Seismic Missile no matter what after launch. A bird, a small piece of debris, anything will ignite it save for insects.
  • Smaller Seismic Load: Unlike the Seismic Charge, its yield is reduced to a third to allow itself to be stabilized inside the missile payload.
  • Shockwave Ring Randomizer: When fired, no one really knows which angle it was ignite at so it is best to keep an eye on the Implosion and make corrections to avoid being killed. On the ground, it could potentially destroy part of the soil along with directing its shockwave towards their own troops if to close.
DESCRIPTION

The Seismic Missile idea has been brought up numerous times. The issue was at each intervention was to limit the risk of people being killed by their own missiles. Taking notes from various researchers in the field and holovideos of its demonstrations, researchers in the Metal Lords of the Void conducted various tests which resulted in numerous failures that ranged from small mountain ranges being reduced to entire starfighters becoming part of the implosion before exploding.

After several attempts, a working model was produced by the Metal Lords of the Void that consisted of a slightly larger missile design that can be used on land or space. The key to this was a design that resembled closely to concussion missiles, allowing the use of small thrusters on the end for it to have the target slightly guided before exploding on impact. While classified as a Dummy Missile, it requires to be aimed precisely before firing at the target and on land, it makes no exception.

A rather unique note during testing is that the Seismic Missile unlike its much smaller design, the time bomb still holds the shockwave ring affect. When detonated on a derelict building, it destroyed the upper half and when the implosion finished, the shockwave arched downwards and destroyed the other half of the building, effectively making it collapse.

After two years of sitting on the data of the Seismic Missile and not having it deployed, Have Gun Will Travel took the data from an old rejected computer bank of their old design from the Metal Lords of the Void and started deployment of the new Seismic Missile with the eventual hope that it can deliver results with new weaponry systems.

[member="Haon Hafey"] [member="Alden Akaran"]

Hi there, I am Vis and I am helping to review this sub.

This is a really cool idea. I like how it doubles down on the kinetic damage with the secondary shockwave! Really nicely made sub.

Just a couple of quick things:

First, the ‘image credit’ as it stands only goes to the picture, and doesn’t credit the original author. I did a quick Google search and found this HERE. Please change the hyperlink to this site so we can credit the author more properly.

Second, I might suggest that you link the following as primary sources:

Seismic Charge (Since you mention it several times)
Proton Torpedo
Concussion Missile

Third, you balanced this really nicely. But if you could, where it says “Model”, please put something like “Seismic Missile” in here. It’s important to hold to the templates. Also, you classify it as a “Large Missile” but then later in your submission, you mention how it can be fitted to various starfighters and missile racks and how it’s average-sized. Maybe you can clarify that a little more or consider revising your classification?

Just a few minor changes and some polish and you should be good for approval. All in all, great sub. Nice job!

If you have any questions, just ask. Thanks!

[member="Visanj T'shkali"]

Changed classification to Medium Missile. I think large due to how portable missiles could be small, vehicles by medium, and large be starfighters. Regardless, knocked it down a classification.
Added Primiary Sources
Changed Model to Seismic Missile
Image Credit properly shown

Hopefully that is all.

[member="Alden Akaran"] [member="Haon Hafey"]

Looks great, and thank you for getting back on this so quickly! If you would provide links to those primary sources please, that would be the only thing I can see to make this all set for approval.

Thanks again!

[member="Visanj T'shkali"]

[member="Haon Hafey"], if you can just do me one solid here it'll be greatly appreciated and I can stamp an approval on this bad boy.

Haon Hafey said:
Affiliation: Closed Market, Black Sun
Since you've listed "Black Sun" as a specifically named affiliate for this sub, it would be amazing if you could link the faction here. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom