Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech IE-10 "Event Horizon" Class Ion Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
ansel-hsiao-bellator129.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To sub branded engines for use in star ships.
  • Image Source: Here.
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Jaeger SolutionsTechnoid Manufactorum
  • Affiliation: Open-Market
  • Model: IE-10 "Event Horizon" Class Ion Engine
  • Modularity:
    • Scaleability to various sized ships and vehicles.
    • Custom optimization. (Resubmission required.)
  • Production: Mass-Produced
  • Material: Durasteel Construction w/ Various Engine Parts
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Standard Engine Components -
  • Advanced Engine Components -
    • C-31a "Dog Fight" Intertial Compensator
      • Allows for starships with these engines to optimize their turning speed and movements - at the cost of safety.
    • Plasma Burst Acceleration Technology
      • First stage acceleration technology that allows the ship to reach max speed at a near-instant rate compared to traditional engines.
    • FullStop Technology
      • Braking mechanism that allows all momentum of the ship to cease in very small area of space.
    • Gravimetric Redundancy
      • Allows quantum string-based movement, when the Ion Engines are not able to be utilized.
STRENGTHS
  • Advanced Propulsion -
    • While the system offers the same as any other given engine system, it doubles its effectiveness through a variety of means. From its inertial compensator that allows it to work exceptionally well for maneuverability, to even the Plasma Burst acceleration and full stop technology that lets it go to its maximum speed in record time, and stop just as quick. With the added redundancy of gravimetric propulsion, the "Event Horizon" is an exceptional model of modern technology.
WEAKNESSES
  • Lightning Storm -
    • While the system is advanced, it relies on far more electronic subsystems than most traditional engine systems. This means that while the system can help provide for stealth ships (assuming they have additional stealth equipment), along with various other subsystems - if the engines are hit with ionization energy, it can cause severe issues with the entire system through ion energy. Its greatest threat, and dangerously common.
DESCRIPTION

Built with pushing the galactic standard ever forward, Jaeger helped create the 'Event Horizon' engines for the express purpose of bringing in house designed engines to Jaeger starships and vehicles. In doing so, the Event Horizon Engine was built from the ground up to accommodate any future project Jaeger has - with the focus being on stealth related technologies for the sake of stealth. This has been exceptionally successful through its rapid introduction into a variety of designs.
Notably, among the IGBC and its associates, the 'Event Horizon' utilizes a wide variety of advanced technologies. Add on its inertial compensation that helps alleviate the concerns regarding the plasma burst instant acceleration and the full stop technologies, and the entirety of the device is capable of far more tactical options compared to many others on the markets. Along with a redundant gravimetric propulsion system, the entirety of the system is an amazing example of what Jaeger is capable of.
All this being said, the 'Event Horizon' is a full capable engine system introduced to every corner of the galaxy in short order. Being of such a high quality, it has already sold out on marketplaces around the galaxy, with many doing fine adjustments to the system to alter its speed and maneuverability; while always retaining its exceptionally high quality and vast tactical options. The truly great beauty that is Jaeger Solutions and its sister companies once again comes out in this gracious example of a drive system.

Last edited:
Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean

An interesting submission combining a lot of useful engine technologies into one submission. There are just a few things that I want to go through with you.

Manufacturer

Please link to the Company listing for Jaeger, not the marketplace thread.

Stealth Tech

WhisperThrust Technology

• Able to hide the sensor wake of the engines, regardless of size or speed.

The ability of the Whisperthrust engine to hide the sensor wake of engines falls under stealth technologies, and therefore factory rules require this submission to be at semi-unique, or for you to remove that element from the submission.

I have quoted the relevant section of the rules below for your ease of reference/

Particularly rare or powerful special features may necessitate using a lower level of production (cloaking technology, personal cloaking devices, gemcutters, crystal grav traps, moon dust, equivalent stealth or anti stealth technologies), or rare canon technologies (Hyperwave Inertial Momentum Sustainers, etc) and their equivalents will only be permitted at Semi-Unique production.

Gravimetric Propulsion

Gravimetric Redundancy

• Allows quantum string-based movement, when the Ion Engines are not able to be utilized.

You refer to Gravimetric Propulsion and Quantum-String based movement, do you have a canon technology, an approved piece of chaos tech or a real-world example to base this on? The only Gravimetric propulsion I am aware of in Star Wars are the Dovin Basals utilised by the Yuuzhan Vong.

John Locke John Locke

Manufacturer -

I wasn't actually aware that made a difference, but I altered it regardless. Although this isn't the suggestion area, I would like to say that without approval, a marketplace posting and a company listing mean about the same amount, but the marketplace allows people viewing the submission to find other products that the person might enjoy finding.

Not a huge difference, just thought I'd mention it - I've always found it useful.

Stealth Tech -

So, I had some thoughts on this. WhisperThrust engines are not a cloaking measure, no more than communication systems that can't be detected are as they don't alone make whatever they're attached to immune to sensors or sight. It's mostly added on for situations it is put on a stealth ship, where it can help, but does not otherwise make a ship 'stealth' capable in any capacity besides engines.

It also really helps me save time later on linking the WhisperThrust engines back on every stealth ship made. Would it be alright keeping those onboard with whats listed, since it doesn't inherently give stealth capabilities?

Gravimetric Propulsion -

Sure thing. Heres a link right here.

Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean

Thank you for making an adjustment with the manufacturer.

While I do understand your point regarding the interchangeability of the marketplace and the company listing, the company listing is still important to show how someone envisages their company and the technology that they wish to make, but I will take that under advisement.

Regarding the WhisperThrust

While you are correct, the WhisperThrust is not a cloaking device, they are a stealth system. Taken by themselves they might not be able to completely hide a ship, the WhisperThrust is an engine, and within the confines of what it does, it is capable of hiding a ship's signature. In the same way, this is an engine submission, and so within the specific limitations of this submission, this would be classed as a stealth system.

My advice would be to make 2 submissions for the event horizon submission, one at semi-unique with a WhisperThrust, and one without, so you don't have to worry about linking additional submission in the future.

Thank you for the link on the gravimetric propulsion.

John Locke John Locke

While I disagree with the idea that anything that vaguely allows 'stealth' approaches, I can't rightly make it a hill to kill the submission on. I removed all mention of it, but I likely won't make a second submission for just whisper thrust engines. Thank you for the advice tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom