Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

C.N.S. Hell Hound | Decimation-Class Heavy Dreadnought | Machine of War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caesar Kenway

C

C.N.S. Hell Hound
Decimation-Class Heavy Dreadnought

vk9rGdn.png

q6yj4Zf.gif

cZvLt09.gif

tHTXhl3.gif
  • Classification: Heavy Dreadnought
  • Length: 10000m
  • Width: 5412m
  • Height: 1887m
  • Hangar Space: Base: x10 Squadrons
    • Support Craft: x5 Squadrons
    • Fighter Craft: x5 Squadrons
  • Maneuverability Rating: Very Low
  • Speed Rating: Very Low
  • Hyperdrive: Yes
  • Hyperdrive Class: Not stated in Hyperdrive Submission

zamDZKp.gif

HM0lWmb.gif

fO0KLdq.gif

3Rvp78j.gif
  • Putting the Dread back in Dreadnought: The Decimation-Class' size and armament could prove most terrifying and demoralising to enemy troops, while being a symbol for friendly forces to rally behind.
  • Mobile Headquarters: The Dreadnought has five floors designated to the Ministry of War, so it can serve as a mobile HQ for the essential staff of the Ministry.
  • Armed to the Teeth: The Decimation-Class is considerably heavily armed, and is most capable of destroying any insufficiently armed or defended ship or fleet that is unfortunate or imbecilic enough to cross it's path.
  • Defensive and Protective: The Dreadnought is most capable of defending itself, with entire systems dedicated to counter-electronic warfare, anti-ordnance and shield systems, aswell as possessing interdiction countermeasures.

KAsFHNy.gif
  • Slow but Steady: While the Hell Hound's build is stream lined, it is considerably slow.
  • Isotope 5: The Isotope 5 Generators in use by the Hell Hound to power it's weaponry are sensitive, and should they become unstable or damaged, would need to be entirely deactivated for repairs to be made, lest the Decimation-Class be entirely destroyed or made unsalvageable.
  • Singular Force: The Decimation-Class has little-to-no hangar space, limited to a maximum of ten squadrons docked within the ship at one time.
  • Slow-Turning: The Hell-Hound is slow to turn, and hard to maneuver, making it vulnerable to attacks from directions in which it is not protected.
  • Troopless Transport: The Decimation-Class has very little accommodation for personnel not apart of it's designated crew and guard detail, making it impractical to use as a transport.

3BFlD1b.gif

The Confederate Naval Ship Hell Hound, Decimation-Class Heavy Dreadnought, Flagship of Minister of War Caesarius Alexander Kenway. A grand title befitting a grander ship. Born of a concept many a month ago, the Decimation-Class Heavy Dreadnought was designed to be the pinnacle of military might and destructive efficiency. So it was designed with standard turbolasers, some autocannons and some ion cannons. It passed all the tests and marks with flying colours and waving flags.

But it wasn't good enough.

The turbolasers were good. But they weren't great. The ion cannons worked well, but they didn't work amazingly well. The ship was good, but it wasn't the best. It survived months in it's inferior state, while the Ministry of War reserved funds and redesigned blueprints. Plans were drawn up and scratched out, paper was written on, balled up, then straightened out again. It was a process months in the working, many of those spent researching the best possible weaponry and systems they could get.

At the end of the day, price wasn't the concern, it was what they did with the money.

So they tore out the 3,000 standard turbolasers previously fitted on The Hell Hound and replaced them with 1,500 Light Turbolasers, and 1,500 Heavy Turbolasers, they tore out the 1,000 Quad Turbolasers and 200 Ion Cannons and retrofitted them. All with technology from Roble Manufacturing. It's proton torpedo and missile launchers were torn out and replaced by the combined courtesy of The Dire Wolves Mercenary Company and Roble Manufacturing.

The ship's hangars were stripped of fighters and other spacecraft, and fitted to host the TNHPPC within the ship's central split. Two Mass Driver Cannons were fitted to the ship's top side, courtesy of The Dire Wolves. This left only small side hangars and moonpools, capable of holding no more than 10 squadrons of craft between them all. Three different targeting systems were implemented, two from The Dire Wolves, one from Roble Manufacturing. An Electronic Warfare Suite designed by The Dire Wolves was also implemented, along with an advanced fire suppression system, a tactical command network, an upgraded sensor array, and an emergency beacon. The ship's entire movement system was revamped, fitting sublight ion drives and precision drives of Roble design aswell as an advanced hyperdrive, also designed by Roble Manufacturing.

The Decimation-Class's defensive systems were also completely redesigned and redesignated. Flak cannon emplacements that were once part of it's offensive armament were moved to better suit defensive needs, point defense octets and point defense laser cannons were built in. An interdiction field countermeasures package was added, aswell as a tactical ordnance jammer. It's literal defensive system was also replaced by one of Roble Manufacturing design.

So, the end result is a brutal Machine of War capable of leaving a trail of destruction in it's wake. A relentless tool of Death. The balance between survival and suffering at the flick of mercy's switch.

Last edited by a moderator:
[member="Caesar Kenway"] Good Afternoon! It is my pleasure to be the Judge who will be doing the initial review of your SSD.

First of, this seems like a solid well written submission without any major flaws that jump out to me. I just have a small handful of points I'd like to raise with you.

Caesar Kenway said:
Affiliation: Confederacy of Independent Systems, [member="Caesar Kenway"]
While this may be intended to be an SSD for your use, 10km ships are not available for the individual, but rather are apportioned and deployed by a faction as the Faction Owner deems fit. To that end could you please remove your name from the affiliation here?

Caesar Kenway said:
Defenses: Very High

While I understand your intent here, the ship only has Molecular Shields and a Durasteel hull along with the countermeasure package. This does not constitute a Very High level of defence yet. In addition any kinetic attack will go straight through the shields. Did you mean the Hell Hound has Molecular Shields in addition to normal shields? I only ask for clarification on this matter to ascertain your intent so it doesn't become an issue later during RP.

Speaking of the countermeasure package, I noticed it is affiliated with the Lords of the Fringe and not the CIS. As such, you can't use the submission for this ship.

Caesar Kenway said:
H.I.D. Turbolaser; Due to the H.I.D. Turbolaser being installed en masse, it inherits all of it's weaknesses.
For ease of reference and clarity, could you please summarise the weaknesses of the H.I.D. Turbolaser here? Doing so would make it easier for anyone you fight to figure out what they are facing.

Caesar Kenway said:
No Fighters; A majority of the ship's compliment of squadron's is taken up by bombers, with only a singular squadron of regular fighters.
From the hangar allocations you have submitted there are 3 squadrons of fighters, not one here.

Caesar Kenway said:
Man O' War; Due to large selection of weapons, the ship could hardly be passed off as a peaceful vessel.
Considering the purpose of this vessel, I'm not sure this is an actual weakness and I'd suggest that you remove it.

Also, running through the ratings it appears that you are actually one rating low on this submission, and if you want to you could increase one rating on the ship.

Caesar Kenway

C
[member="John Locke"]

Changes made.

Upped the Squadron Rating from Very Low to Low as I was one rating low. Giving it 32 Squadrons.

Increased the description to more accurately describe the Hell Hound's capabilities.

Removed the countermeasures package, an honest mistake on my part, as I had seen it used on other CIS Ships. Replaced the countermeasures package with an Interdiction Field, though if this is too much, I will happily remove/replace it. I also added a deflector shield to fit the requirements of a Very High defense rating.

I also fixed the weaknesses to include the H.I.D. turbolasers full weaknesses, and replaced the No Fighters weakness with a more accurate one, aswell as removing the Man O' War weakness.

But most importantly, I removed my name from the affiliations list. This is meant as a joke, btw.

[member="Caesar Kenway"]

Awesome thank you so much.

One thing I forgot to mention last time is

Caesar Kenway said:
H.I.D. Turbolaser; Due to the H.I.D. Turbolaser being installed en masse, it inherits all of it's strengths.

While you don't need to copy and paste them all some kind of summary would be greatly appreciated.

Aside from that this is looking really really good.

Caesar Kenway said:
The Silencer ( 1, in the middle of the ship )
You are going to have to remove this one. It links to the Wookiee Page which literally labels it a Superweapon in the title of the page, calls it a fleet killer, and is listed as a Superweapon. It is a superweapon in every sense of the word.

Caesar Kenway said:
The Silencer: The Silencer is a powerful piece of advanced weaponry. The Silencer is also attached to the Hell Hound. Gifting it with the power to fire crippling, if not obliterating rapid-fire blasts at capital ships.

Please remove this final reference to the Silencer Superweapon and we can approve this.

Caesar Kenway said:
Molecular Shielding
H.I.D. Turbolaser
Orbital Autocannon
Gravity Well Projector
Tractor Beam
The Silencer
Interdiction Field
Isotope-5 Generator

Still listed under advanced systems. Please give it a good look over and remove All references to the Superweapon that I may not have pointed out.

Caesar Kenway

C
[member="Laira Darkhold"]

Removed all references, just got back from a vacation, so, sorry if I didn't get them all, please do tell me if there's anything else, or if I missed any.

Caesar Kenway

C
[member="Laira Darkhold"]

Removed all references, just got back from a vacation, so, sorry if I didn't get them all, please do tell me if there's anything else, or if I missed any.

PRE-FACTORY TEMPLATE
Submission Name: The Hell Hound | Flagship of the Storm Fleet
Link to Submission: Here
Reason for Pre-Factory Request: To update the ship, fix the code, and bring the submission up to standards, generally just make it prettier and swap out some weapons for custom ones.

Submission moved per OP request.

Please remember to include a list of changes made when you tag a member of factory staff to move the submission back to live judgement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom