Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Alterra H.I.D. Turbolaser Mk.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caesar Kenway

C
j69GkCC.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Turbolaser
  • Size: Large
  • Weight: Heavy
  • Ammunition Type: Energy/Electricity
  • Ammunition Capacity: Effectively unlimited, but requires a twenty second recharge time between each burst.
  • Effective Range: Battlefield
  • Rate of Fire: Very Low, one ten second burst.
  • Stopping Power: Very High
  • Recoil: High
SPECIAL FEATURES
STRENGTHS
  • Constant Energy Beam - The H.I.D. Turbolaser Mk.2 is designed to fire one consistent energy beam to devastate shields and hulls.
  • Protected - By itself, the H.I.D. Turbolaser Mk.2 is protected against most EMP/ION attacks by the Liquid-Aenite Mineral Compound it is coated in.
WEAKNESSES
  • Heat Output - The H.I.D. Turbolaser Mk.2 will generate a large amount of heat when firing, as it channels pure energy for ten seconds straight. To counter this, a coolant, heat-absorbent or insulative material must be used when firing the turbolaser. The H.I.D. Turbolaser Mk.2 comes stock with this measure, in the form of the SACG-23S Shock Absorbant Gel.
  • Recharge Time - The H.I.D. Turbolaser MK.2 fires a ten second burst, and requires twenty seconds to recharge between each burst. This recharge time can put an extensive drain on a ship's reactor(s), and makes the Turbolaser impractical as the sole weapon of a ship.
  • Power Demands - Due to the Turbolaser's size and the demands of it's powersupply, the Mk.2 can only be mounted on ships of 500m or more in length.
DESCRIPTION
The Alterra H.I.D. Turbolaser Mark Two, or lovingly called 'The Burrower' or 'Digger' by it's designers, is a single-burst, high-output energy weapon. It is capable of firing a ten second burst of pure energy to drain an enemy ship's shields, or cause severe damage to it's hull. It is capable of 360 degrees of rotation, and 90 degrees of upward positioning, and 45 degrees of downward positioning. This movement, like it's predecessor, is slow and part of the reason why the Turbolaser is not viable as the sole weapon of a ship. It also includes an automated targeting system and a failsafe to prevent friendly fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom