Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mission DIRE HOUR [NJO Rescue at The Empire Held Dorin]

As Alex landed, he twisted out of the way of the lightsaber that had been thrown at him. It passed by his face close enough to feel the blade's searing heat. Too close for comfort. It hadn't been a random throw. Something was clearly directing the trooper's thoughts and actions.

"Didn't your mother teach you not to throw your toys at people," Alex asked. "Seriously?"

Just then, comm chatter on his headset alerted him to the fact that his allies had reached their objectives and were regrouping at the extraction point. It was time to leave.

"I'd like to stay and see how this plays out, but I have a shuttle to catch."

Alex whistled to catch Dominik and Jasper's attention.

"Time to exfil, gentlemen. I'll see you at the extraction point."

With a grin on his face, he raised his right hand saber with a flourish, saluting ally and foe like a swordsman of old, before turning to taking his leave.

Alex sprinted towards the extraction point, his homing beacon guiding him, and caught up with Seku; who had begun her exfil as soon as word came over her comms.

"About time you got here. I was just about to turn around and come looking for you."

(occ- exiting thread)

Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el
Dominik Borra Dominik Borra
Aridius 'TK-1575' Aridius 'TK-1575'
Amiggiee "Ami" Luith

Be careful what you wish for.
q0I9Dgt.png

“I live my life my way. I try to do the right thing, but I know there are going to be people who aren't happy with what I do or say no matter what, so I'm not going to worry about it.” - BJ Penn

Nagai, Jand especially are nothing if they are not blunt. That is for sure, a part of Vanagor wanted to laugh at his Padawan’s comments, but they still had work to do. As much as they were free in the immediate moment from a fight, he knew that they were going to need to be elsewhere in a moment.

You don’t have to agree, I don’t blame you. However they did not fight us because they wanted to, but because they had to. Not all of our opponents are enemies. Now let's ensure everyone gets to the transport.

He did not utter the entire reason why they had to move, Jand did not need to worry about it. Either way they had to go.

No, Padawan. I apologize for not preparing you for that properly. That mistake will not be made again.

... and that tells me what I am going to teach you next.
Let them leave, gather Jand and “Getto thuh CHOPPUH!”

TAGS

Team Rescue | Yula Perl |Thirdas Heavenshield | Kyra Perl | Aaran Tafo

Padawan | Jand Talo

Engaging | Zorah Fel | Jorus Fel |

resonant-staff-hilt-lit-6.png

"Vanguard" (Secondary - Long Handle)
0cf9376e75158d86a4aaeac9fb408128.jpg

"CONSERVATOR" (Primary - Long Handle)
HK-88 Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt
Starship: Spectre, (NC-1000 X-wing (Jedi Variant) in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)
Sanctuary Island

Allies | Thirdas Heavenshield Thirdas Heavenshield Kyra Perl Kyra Perl Aien Mueller Tulan Kor Tulan Kor Iris Arani Iris Arani Silas Westgard Silas Westgard
Enemies | Varos Ignacious Korvan Varos Ignacious Korvan FN-999 Rys Harand

Yula groaned as the bacta stim hit her, muscles contracting involuntarily from bathing in the healing balm. The room was eerily quiet without a constant staccato of blaster fire, but the silence only made her anxious. Thirdas seemed to come back from the brink as well, and Yula had him to thank for pushing back the bulk of the stormtroopers. Bodies littered the floor, and she bit back a sudden surge of bile while scanning the room for one in particular, perhaps looking for a particular insignia that would denote one of the corpses as their leader.

Had he gotten away, or was her cursory glance not thorough enough? The glint of Thirdas' axe caught her eye, and she carefully paced over the scattered remains of iconic stormtrooper armor, keeping her focus honed on the Midvinter steel and not the dead and dying around her.
"Oof," Her arms almost felt like jello when she hefted the weapon with two hands, not even attempting to hold it upright. She glanced around, one last time.

Whether or not the Baron had succumbed was secondary in her mind. Her helmet buzzed, and Kyra's location pinged in front of her eyes. Anxiety welled in her throat again; she trusted Kyra, but she couldn't rest easy until Nida was on that shuttle before her. Part of her was too eager to lay eyes on her little sister; the transmission was overtaken by static and fizzled out.

Striding to Captain Mueller, Yula deposited the axe into his capable hands with a nod.
"We would've been fethed if your team hadn't showed up. Whoever you are; thank you." Then, she turned towards Thirdas. "I'm going after them. See you soon, bro."

Yula barreled down the side hall towards Kyra's ping, anticipating another fight on the way out. When she caught sight of two pink tinted figures rushing down the opposite end of the corridor, she prepared to halt her advance to meet them. Instead, the Perl sisters had not come alone—an Imperial Inquisitor was aggressively pursuing the pair, closing in from further down the hall.

The eldest sister skidded to a stop.
"GO!" She shouted to them, waving her siblings past. "We're on borrowed time! GO!" Turning her focus to the approaching Knight, Yula gathered her adrenaline and strength and extended both hands. A violent wave of telekinesis rippled down the hall, aiming to push back the hunter and allow her sisters a few more moments to escape.

q0I9Dgt.png

Objective: Create a distraction
Tag: Varos Ignacious Korvan Varos Ignacious Korvan / Nida Perl Nida Perl

div-orange.png

Silas's strikes were dealt with accordingly which also showed off the knight's skillful defense. There was going to be an obvious skill advantage as there normally was with Silas, which seemed to show quite clearly from the differences in styles. He did however create some ground, and when it came to pushing him outside of the cells he couldn't quite get all of it. Gritting his teeth, he decided to push forwards again to lock sabers with the knight.

Although, when it came to it his saber met nothing and a knee to his stomach was the punishment for his misdeeds. In response, the teen's body bent over his knee and spit flew out of his mouth before the hilt of a lightsaber sent him flying into the cell behind him. Silas slid across the floor and groaned as he tried to stagger back up, only to see the doors close in front of him.

The padawan shook his head and ran back to the security door to ignite his lightsaber. With a straight thrust, he stabbed through the first door and began making a standard doorway to try and get through. In his comms, he could hear the order to evacuate as he slowly but surely ct his way through "Hold tight, I'll be at my evac later than advertised..." he grunted down the comms to his evac shuttle, hoping they'd be able to stay slightly later.

Allowing the metal to crash to the floor, he took a deep breath and did the same to the next set. Even though he had found himself in this mess, they had managed to secure Nida and sent her running to transport. Silas had done his job, now he just had to get himself out alive. After a good outline was set, he suddenly used his shoulder to barge down whatever was left holding the last piece of metal together.

He did it so hard that he almost fell to the floor along with the metal, but now he was out of that cell and on the verge of escaping. Brushing himself off with a sigh, he began making his way back to the transport ships with the thoughts of Nida being safe and sound with her sister.

Last edited:
Will Smash Heads for Beer
EDWGD1p.png

R.61c21369a1c48bd3cf4be68ea95011e2

Ami went flying away from the Jedi flailing her arms around screaming before slammed against the metal wall hard. "Chit!" Was all Ami could muster before collapsing face first onto the floor. "My back....." Ami legs felt like they were made of jelly, she could hardly move. White dots filled Ami's vision the HUD inside of her helmet being nothing more than a blur.

"You're right about one thing Mom," Ami moaned hearing the exchange of blaster fire around her while Ami remained on her stomach, her helmet pressed against the floor. "I am reckless."

Wouldn't it be so nice to shoot the Jedi instead of taunting him? Noooo Ami just loved to showboat during fights, it was the reason why she had her nose broken 5 times during her brief stint in underground fights. She should've ended fights instead of just bragging to beaten down opponents who threw one swift towards her face. Dad always told Ami that a wounded animal was at its most dangerous but turned it was the only lesson Ami didn't take to heart.

There were sounds of Aridius 'TK-1575' Aridius 'TK-1575' blaring orders to Ami's intercom. She groaned slowly getting up reaching out for her pistol. "Fire in the what now?!" Ami yelled. "Sorry sir! You're breaking up!"

Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el , Dominik Borra Dominik Borra , Alex StormWolf Alex StormWolf

ɴᴀɢᴀɪ ᴡᴀʀʀɪᴏʀ

jand_spacer.png

q0I9Dgt.png

DIRE HOUR
Equipment

jand_njo_spacer.png

Out of respect for the Jedi Master that trained him, Jand remained silent.

His culture and people felt very different about combat, clearly, and there would be no use engaging in matters of principles and morality in the ending phase of a battle. Though, the discussion made it evident that Master Vanagor understood differing opinions and wouldn't force them. At least around the Jedi pair, the enemy had seemed to dissipate, allowing for that moment of conversation without immediate danger. There had also been report the rescue team had succeeded in their task, which meant it was likely time to consider withdrawal support.

"I do not blame you or your lessons, Master Vanagor," Jand said in response to the taller Jedi's comment. "I should have been more aware."

When it came to the wound, Jand spared a brief moment to retrieve a small bacta injector from his belt. He slipped his hand under his robe, found a spot on his chalk-white skin near the injury, and injected the healing solution. It wasn't perfect, but it would help stop the bleeding and begin the initial biological repairing process.

Jand put the injector back into his pouch.

It was time to move.

"I follow you to the next objective."

jand_spacer.png

Allies: Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor | NJO + GA
Enemies: The Empire
Engaging: N/A​

This fight was different than any other Aveline had been in. It was as if she was fighting someone who wasn't entirely there, yet it made him all the more fierce as an opponent.

The two clashed in a flurry of blades, stick and guttural cries. From the corner of her mind she picked up on Jax's pain. Not that he had it in him to stay down, he of course had to taunt the beast…

Aveline was halfway through another strike when her eyes shot wide. A pain unforseen struck her, and coursed through her body wildly as the emerald lightning made a victim of her. She screamed. A part of her managed to think that she needed to hold on to her lightsaber hilt, but to her horror she realized she couldn't drop it even if she tried, her muscles clenching all over.

Finally she was free of it, but she collapsed with a gasp, breathing heavy. She managed to raise her lightsaber up in a weak guard, fearing any moment the death blow would arrive from her wild opponent. It seemed, however, that the beast had been so taken by his own version of events that he did not realize he had the Padawan where he wanted, before leaping towards a new enemy in Jax.

It was a small relief for Aveline, still feeling her body twitch involuntary, with fresh memories of an intense pain. What happened next was somewhat out of her hand… Should the old man decide to move in as she was exposed, she would be forced to defend herself. However, if she was left to her own devices she would as soon as able get up and throw herself at the old man, doing her best to keep this from becoming a two-on-one against Jax.

Aschwin Vethres

A

X5Yx2PB.png

It would seem there was a slight switch-up in opponents with Jakkor Kess Jakkor Kess moving forward to engage with Jax Thio Jax Thio . Aschwin didn't mind as the smell of burnt flesh drew him towards Aveline Cuiléin Aveline Cuiléin who had been struck by his emerald lightning. Moving toward the padawan to cut her down without remorse within his eyes. He had failed to defeat simple padawans before over Ilum and he would not make the same mistake twice else his position as Heir of House Vethres would be forfeit to his uncle Archibald III.

Twirling his lightsaber for just a brief moment before striking at her with light makashi strikes to overwhelm her guard. Aschwin didn't want to end this fight quickly but draw it out so that he could personally see the lights of her eyes fade into the Netherworld of the Force.

Objective: Tactical Retreat
Allies: Tulan Kor Tulan Kor Yula Perl Yula Perl Kyra Perl Kyra Perl Aien Mueller | GA
Enemies: FN-999 | Empire

The two dogs of war hobbled their way back to the main area of the Imperial facility, leaning on each other as they so often had in their shared past. Much had changed in the years since the defection of Dorn Company, but few things were as unbreakable as the bonds forged in the heat of battle. They were brothers-in-arms, in spite of their differences.

Once having stepped through the hole Thirdas had bashed open, he and Tulan found themselves in a very familiar setting: a warzone. A poorly aimed bolt glanced off his metal arm, prompting a swift response in the form of a burst from his rifle, firing from the hip.

"We need to hold up here, cover the others' retreat," he explained as the pair took up position, sliding an Imp blaster across the floor. "For Nida." He knew Tulan was protective of her, same as he.

With his limited arsenal, Thirdas proceeded to take pot shots at the massed enemy forces. Having discarded his carapace, he could no longer rely on his strength to carry him through the fight. Flashes of countless hours honing his sharpshooting skills out in the woods under his mother's tutelage came to mind. The warrior stood aside for the professional to take his place.

Sliding over to where Tulan had taken up position, the learner shared a clip with the mentor. "We're getting married," he felt a need to inform his old friend as a lull in the fight presented itself. Each time he said it out loud there was this terrifying eagerness dancing up and down his spine.

A brief grin appeared on his face as he failed to contain his excitement.

FN-999

F

q0I9Dgt.png

Objective: Capture the rescue party
Allies: Empire | Open
Enemies: GA | Open

The Baron hurtled down the inner hallway, rocket launcher in his hands.
FN-999 ran further still towards the center of the Blacksite, even as the remaining garrison defenders swarmed around him. Soon, the Baron was alone. Only the occasional thump of an explosion and his own rhythmic breath broke the silence as he kept on running, powered now by sheer stamina rather than a spike of adrenaline.

Eventually, the Baron came to an elevator.

Upon arriving, FN-999 put the rocket launcher down on the ground nearby and punched in a barcode. With a flash of green and a faint hiss, the titanium door popped open horizontally, revealing another locked and reinforced door behind it. The Baron picked up his rocket launcher and walked into the space between the two doors, the first door closing and sealing itself behind him seconds after he entered. Upon first glance, the second "door" appeared to be little more than a titanium wall. There were no barcodes, no scanning stations, no pressure plates. However, it all changed when the Baron touched with his pointer finger a portion of the wall exactly half a meter below the top left corner. A hole no more than twenty centimeters in diameter opened up on the very center of the wall, with two laser pointers glaring out from inside. Taking off his helmet, FN-999 let the pointers hit his eyes, standing still for several seconds before an approving beep came from the laser pointers.

The door swung open, revealing at last the high-speed elevator that would take the Baron to the very top of the Blacksite.

[Bigfoot, bring a transport over to the roof landing pad.] ordered FN-999 as he stepped into the elevator.

[On it.] replied the lieutenant colonel through their helmet comms.

In an instant, the elevator rocketed upwards, the Baron barely staying upright as the force of gravity nearly doubled on him. After a mere ten seconds, the elevator lurched to a stop, spitting out FN-999 on a platform overlooking and sitting above the entire Blacksite. In an instant, the noises of a pitched battle returned, explosions rocking the Blacksite below. At the very edge of the Blacksite, rapidly advancing over and through the perimeter walls, a horde of white thousands strong marched forwards.

It would only be a matter of time, the Baron reassured himself, before the sheer volume of the 908th crushed the rescue team.

FN-999's attention shifted above and behind him as a troop transport came into view, rapidly descending to land on the pad he stood on. He hastily jogged out of the way as the gunship made its landing, the rumbling of its engines briefly drowning out every other sound. As soon as it had landed, the Baron ran over, hopping on and securing himself inside.

[Bigfoot told us to pick you up.] called the pilot via a hidden mic on the transport. [Want me to lift you to the advance perimeter?]

[Yes, please.] replied FN-999.

As quickly as it landed, the gunship took off from the pad, descending towards the carnage below. In a matter of minutes, it came to hover immediately above the perimeter wall, where several dozen stormtroopers were now making repairs and setting up E-WEB emplacements firing inwards. The Baron hopped off the gunship, landing squarely atop the wall, to the shock of the nearby troopers. In fact, they nearly fired upon FN-999 before realizing that he wore the same armor they did, and they hastily resumed their work.

"Does anyone here have intel on the perimeter?" yelled the Baron to the troopers around him.

"We've re-secured the perimeter wall and area around the destroyed comms tower, sir." replied a nearby scout trooper. "A secure cordon should be in place any second now."

"Good." replied FN-999. "Prepare to charge the interior."

[Bigfoot, are the troops ready for an assault?]
asked the Baron via StormCom.

[At your order.] replied Bigfoot promptly. [A cordon has been established. The only chance of escape the rescue team has is above them.]

[Very well.] replied FN-999. [Commence a counterassault of Blacksite Barbarous immediately.]

DjqGXyQ.png

BLACKSITE BARBAROUS - CELL BLOCK QUARTER, SECTIONAL COMMAND CENTER
Sci-Fi Command Center — polycount

Engaging: Veino Garn Veino Garn

As soon as comms were cut, the command center had fallen into chaos.

Now, the various officers and adjutants had no way of communicating with the outside world, and they were effectively rendered useless. After a brief and urgent deliberation, the group had decided to stay in the secure command center and await better news, hoping that the outage was brief and that the Baron would soon return.

When neither unfolded, anxiety turned into fear.

Had Colonel Nines been killed? What had happened to the comms? If a skilled Jedi breached the compound, how would they defend themselves? Distracted by their increasingly intense debate, no one noticed the Jedi infiltrator until the sleeping gas had been sprayed.

Within seconds, every officer in the room was too weak to put up a fight, and one by one they slumped to the ground or in their seats, falling into a deep sleep. However, the four stormtroopers guarding the room had not. In a spark of brilliant foresight, the designers of the Empire's stormtrooper armor had given their helmets filters of exceptional quality, and the sleeping gas was vented out before it could reach the lungs of the stormtroopers.

Fully awake and now completely aware of the Jedi in their midst, the quartet aimed their blasters and opened fire on the intruder.

DjqGXyQ.png

908th Legion - "The Reborn"
Engaging: Aien Mueller | Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor | Dominik Borra Dominik Borra | Iris Arani Iris Arani | Jand Talo Jand Talo | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Kyra Perl Kyra Perl | Nida Perl Nida Perl | Silas Westgard Silas Westgard | Thirdas Heavenshield Thirdas Heavenshield | Tulan Kor Tulan Kor | Yula Perl Yula Perl

[Very well.] replied FN-999. [Commence a counterassault of Blacksite Barbarous immediately.]

[It will be done.]

Hundreds of fresh stormtroopers poured into the Blacksite from every direction.
They converged on the main areas of the Blacksite, firing at any unidentified soldier in sight. Within an inner courtyard, several mortar teams set up their weapons, hurling a barrage of explosives directly at any being caught exposed outside the facility proper. Hundreds more gathered atop and within the perimeter walls, rapidly repairing emplacements that had been destroyed mere minutes prior. Many of the lighter emplacements were then swiveled and turned inwards, firing on the roads and courtyards outside the main Blacksite facility. Duels would be roughly interrupted as squads of stormtroopers overran position after position, a horde of white tightening its grip on the prison site.

The task of actually breaching the facility was left to a particularly elite section of the 908th Legion. Their mission demanded incredible dicipline, striking down Jedi and Alliance commandos in close quarters without excessively damaging the prison itself and accidentally freeing the numerous other dangerous prisoners who were housed inside.

To achieve this mission, an entire platoon of shocktroopers and a squad of the infamous death troopers led another two hundred stormtroopers through a breached side entrance directly into the Blacksite's lower hangars.

At their head was the Baron of Borosk.

OOC: Imperial reinforcements are closing in rapidly on the Blacksite's interior, GTFO or get clapped.

Armor Handcannon Death Stick Powder Stun Gas Grenade Scramble Key Computer Spikes PSG-8487 View Masker Lightsaber Durasteel Ball Bearings
FN-999 Gideon Saigo Gideon Saigo Brackard Cain Brackard Cain

BLACKSITE COMMAND CENTER

A slight smile twitched beneath Veino's mask as the stormtroopers opened fire. They might be able to see the distortions from the View Masker, but the cameras couldn't. All the recordings would see was a cloud of gas filling the air, dropping the people working, and then the stormtroopers opened fire.

He moved instinctively, casually, and with deliberation, letting the blur of the projector do the bulk of the work in preventing the blaster fire from hitting anything vital. A few bolts scraped along his body, but they fizzled against the cortosis fibers and spider-silk. Instead, the blaster bolts arced across the room, lighting it up and filling it with the familiar scent of ionized particles.

Let them shoot. Let COMPNOR and the ISB figure out what happened here. Had four stormtroopers turned traitor and fired on their officers?

Perhaps. It would be ironic. Kyber Dark in reverse. And he still had one last trick up his sleeve. He ducked and rolled behind one of the security consoles, eyes gauging.

His smile broadened at the sight of the gunships and the stormtroopers before returning to its normal neutral. Lit by the blaster fires, his hands darted across the console, utilizing the code cylinder and biometrics from one of the unconscious officers.

It took some fiddling and he had to yank a panel from a console, but he had access to the security programs. He paused for a moment, as the smell of hot duraplast and ozone filled his mind. This was going to be a commitment, a declaration. After a moment, he shrugged. There wasn't time to manually reverse the IFF signatures.

But there was something else he could do. He yanked out a bundle of cables with one hand, wincing as the sparks singed against his armor.

The automated base IFF was set to hostile.

For everything. Wall emplacements, especially, now found themselves filled with potential targets. Gunships. Legions. He would let Imperial algorithms pick their targets. It helped that the stormtroopers were looking to be launching an assault. If he were a security protocol, he would be trying to hold them off too.

That done, Veino unhooked the Occluder Handcannon from its holster, then paused, scrawling a message on the console with a pen.

Kam goes netolise comes netolise

Archaic Sith language for 'what goes around comes around.' Not exactly the most ominous or cryptic, but there wasn't time to consider anything more artistic.

Then he swung up from his cover as the first stormtrooper rounded the corner to flank him. The hum of the Occluder was hard to hear over the general sounds of battle.

Sixteen highly-charged boltlets, roughly the strength of four normal blaster bolts spat out in a tight cluster while Veino rolled in the opposite direction. Now he just had to wait for the data-spike to finish. A blaster bolt seared against his back and he let the impact push him forward into a roll.

That took him out of the initial firing arc and turned back, throwing a handful of the deathstick power into the air. He couldn't guess whether or not the larger grains would clog the helmet filters, but it would confuse things. Sith speech? Spice? Sith crime cartels perhaps? Working in concert with Jedi?

That should have the analysts scratching their heads. He popped up from behind a chair again and fired another blast from the hand-cannon at one of the other stormtroopers, twisting his body to let the next barrage of blaster bolts skim past. A second passed and he twisted his arm around, firing another burst of bolts at the other two stormtroopers.

Aien Mueller

A

You know those types you don't want to meet in a dark alley?

54895.gif

GOLD TEAM: Azrael (Assault/Team leader), Castiel (Assault/Pathfinder), Chamuel (Infiltrator/Slicer)
BLUE TEAM: Sauriel (Sniper 1), Michael (Sniper 2)
RED TEAM: Gabriel (Demo/EOD), Bartleby (Tech/Team Second), Samael (Heavy Weapons)
OVERWATCH:
Seraphim (Deployable Drones)
PEGASUS 1- Jeremiel(Pilot), Ariel(Weapons), Uriel (Jumpmaster/Cover fire)
FIST
REEK 1- Uriel(Driver), Ariel(Gunner),
Annunaki Captain/Teams Overwatch - Jehova
Azrael, Bartleby, Gabriel, Sauriel, Samael, Castiel, Michael, Chamuel,
Jeremiel, Ariel, Uriel, Seraphim

[Any text in brackets signifies comm-link usage and not face to face conversation]
ORDERS: Hold position at all costs and get everyon on "The Annunaki"
ar5NJtm.png

Tag:
Team Rescue |
Yula Perl |Thirdas Heavenshield | Kyra Perl | Aaran Tafo

GA + Allies | Jasper Kai'el | Valery Noble | Silas Westgard | Aldric Laurent | Iris Arani | Alex StormWolf | Jax Thio | Aveline Cuiléin | Veino Garn | Miri Nimdok | Yenna | Amani Serys | | Rakaan Horne | Goto | Sōla Taan | Aien Mueller

The Empire | Melvain Braxis | Varos Ignacious Korvan | Aridius 'TK-1575' | Amiggie Lutih | Jakkor Kess | FN-999 | Tulan Kor | Sars Sarad | Sahar | Aschwin Vethres | Leandra Brax

They were holding position, shooting anything not “Alliance related” or at least keeping them stuck behind cover. They were not the only ones doing this as other soldiers were shooting at Imperials as well. The problem is, it was getting more and more difficult to maintain their position. Even with the sniper team (and covers) down on the ground and picking targets there was getting to be just too many, even with the guns of “The Annunaki”.

The worst is, it will only get worse.

We gotta go!

Tango down!

Contact left! A lot of them!

‘Naki guns got them!

We go when everyone is on! Simple as that!

Bartleby meanwhile was on the Comms. He was coordinating between “The Annunaki” and “The Pegasus”.

[Bartleby. You have a large force moving to your position quickly. They will outnumber you by a large number in moments. I would highly suggest you leave!]

Boss?!

If they had the person they were here for, this would not be a conversation, they would be celebrating with Ales on the ship as it was jumping out of the sector by now. The problem is, they were not “all here” yet.

They’re on their way! I see them!

You heard him! [Jeremiel, we need a strike on those incoming! Slow’em down best you can!]

[Seriously? You’re serious?! You realize how hot your LZ is right now?]

[Just do it! We’ll make due!]

[Making a run!]

The combat shuttle could be seen screaming through the sky overhead and strafing long runs on the ground. They were able to hold with the weapons help of the Heavy Corvette, but that only goes so far.

... yeah, we scare them.

NnQ2yw5.png

nhY3GI4.gif

THE PINK ATRISIAN
NEW JEDI ORDER
BLACKSITE BARBAROUS - DORIN
Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo | Sars Sarad Sars Sarad
v9K53XB.png

Her blade burned against the leather, but not through.

[ What…? ]

A train of thought that went nowhere, focused as she was on keeping her grip on the hilt while she continued her forward momentum, turning after a few feet, violet blade humming as she watched her Master press his further assault.

"Won't I?"

“No,” she said, raising her voice in its naturally light tone, while Aaran simply didn’t let up on the Duster Man, and prevented her from being subjected to inflicted, false emotions. “Not if you can understand there are greater pursuits of strength than this. Strength of spirit, of bond, of a cause greater than your own selfishness!”

"What a pitiful creature you are. So mono-focused. Is the pursuit of strength all there is to you?"

She wondered the same thing.

“You will never be strong enough if this is all you are!”

rIIDkbi.png

COMPNOR BLACKSITE 57 "BARBAROUS"
Allies: Imperials
Enemies: GA; Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo , Ichika Masudo Ichika Masudo

One could imagine that he was as surprised when the burning blade of his saber failed to remove the hand of Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo as Ichika Masudo Ichika Masudo was when her own attack was unable to cut through the leather of his Duster.

Unexpected but they all had their own surprises.

There was little time to think when Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo pressed the attack with a flurry of slashes. In turn Sarad answered with what closely resembled a combination of Djem So and Soresu. Two forms that focused on defense. Answering the flurry of slashes with a crescendo of parries and redirections, Sarad was careful to minimize his movements when possible and shied away from exerting himself.

When Sarad did attack it was largely a token maneuver, not inherently hard to block or recover from...

"You misunderstand. The Pursuit of Strength is the least of my concerns. Self realization can best be found on the tip of a blade though."

...whether Aaran noticed or not, which surely he must have Sarad was always moving during their engagement. Footwork was key to what he did as he attempted to circle around the Jedi Master, step by step in what must appear to be an attempt to outmaneuver the man.

While their blades crackled on contact with one another he'd hear Daisy over the din of combat though the majority of his voice remained on her Master.

"We're bonding right now."

...he said this plainly for Daisy's benefit, or perhaps her detriment. In fact his attempt to maneuver around Tafo was plainly so that the Jedi Master was interposed between the two of them, Daisy would have to come around him if she wanted to engage again and he would not be able to reach her without going through her Master.

It was at this point that Sarad angled his left forearm between them rather the continue to engage Tafo's lightsaber work. Letting a blow land the Duster he wore would have absorbed a measure of the attacks energy and beneath it the phrikite vambrace would soak the remainder. Erstwhile his lightsaber arced ahead of him, its blade burning brilliantly as Sarad went to strike a blow across the chest of the Jedi Master....

The time was now to make a run for it. Jasper spun quickly, bounding back towards the hole they had entered through. They would surely be boarding the evac shuttles soon now. The last thing he wanted was to get left behind here.

"Damn," he sighed. "No thermal detonators today I guess..."

At least he could save them for later. With the SIA agent and the other Jedi wrapping up their battle, Jasper could at least be sure that they would have time to evacuate as well. He had helped with the infiltration and not been forced to kill anyone. For Jasper, that was all he could ask for. Before long, the padawan had slipped through the gap...

Exit

FN-999

F

q0I9Dgt.png

Objective: Capture the rescue party
Allies: Empire | Open
Enemies: GA | Aien Mueller | Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor | Dominik Borra Dominik Borra | Iris Arani Iris Arani | Jand Talo Jand Talo | Kyra Perl Kyra Perl | Nida Perl Nida Perl | Silas Westgard Silas Westgard | Thirdas Heavenshield Thirdas Heavenshield | Tulan Kor Tulan Kor | Yula Perl Yula Perl | Open

The 908th didn't realize the Blacksite had turned against them until the perimeter batteries opened fire on them.
Caught off guard, dozens of troopers in the exposed outer courtyards were gunned down, helpless as cannon fire pelted them from above. While most of the gunships had already dropped off their reinforcements and left, a few stragglers were also targeted, yet more dozens of troopers dying with each ship brought down.

From his staging ground just outside the Blacksite's perimeter defenses, Lieutenant Colonel Bigfoot watched with concern. More likely than not, an Alliance hacker had set the site's defensive network to see the 908th as hostiles, and the Blacksite would not stop assaulting them until its perimeter was either disabled or destroyed.

Bigfoot opted for the former.

[All reserve engineers, man the perimeter walls immediately and disable or reboot the batteries.] ordered Bigfoot through StormCom. [Avoid their lines of sight at all costs and destroy the cannons if they are unavoidable.]

"Now, does anyone remember if our fighter escort is still on world?" asked the lieutenant colonel of his immediate entourage.

"I believe they're assigned to our gunships for the entire day." replied a nearby officer.

"Good." responded Bigfoot. "We'll need the Meteors. Get in contact with the wing leader with the regional comms."

"Yes, sir!" concluded the officer.

The 908th's reinforcements had brought in a mobile comms center to allow for communication beyond the range of their stormtrooper helmet radios. While not nearly as powerful as the now-destroyed comms tower in the Blacksite, it possessed the necessary range to communicate with the escort squadrons.

"They're on their way." called the officer, departing from his communique.

In the distance, the distinctive howl of twin ion engines appeared. It rapidly grew louder and louder, soon becoming by far the most prominent noise in the area. Thirty seconds after the noise of their engines first became legible, the vessels appeared.

Eight TIE Meteors rocketed towards the Blacksite, the elite fighters moving so insanely fast that they registered as little more than gray blurs. The newest elite fighters of the TIE line hugged the hilly terrain near the Blacksite, at most a hundred meters above the ground. At almost exactly two kilometers away from the Blacksite's perimeter, the squad split into four groups of two, with about fifty meters of space between each.

A few seconds later, the Meteor squad entered firing range. Almost instantly locking onto the largest defensive emplacements, each veteran pilot fired a barrage from their fighter's ion cannons, the barrage quickly disabling the weapons while leaving the rest of the facility intact. Travelling nearly as fast as their own ion projectiles, the Meteors easily overtook the Blacksite's air defenses and hurtled above and past the facility, gaining altitude in preparation of making a second strafing run with their ion cannons.

At the same time, individual squads of engineers worked to bring an end to the carnage the rouge defenses were bringing upon the 908th. One by one, cannons were short-circuited or overridden, maintaining as much of their integrity as possible while taking away the possibility of them being a threat. Separate squads of engineers and technicians, working independently of each other, wired into the cyberspace of the Blacksite itself and began the arduous work of overriding the IFF, hastily moving to disable the Hostile status of the facility.

On the ground, the situation was just as chaotic.

Barely ten seconds after the Meteors made their first strafing run, a hostile corvette had soared within the Blacksite's perimeter, raining down a vicious cannonade on the 908th. The lower hangars were not spared, and the corvette's barrage streamed in through the open hangar doors. The Baron, as well as all of the death troopers and shocktroopers, had the rapid reflexes and experience needed to safely get to cover behind various large crates before they could be mowed down. However, several dozen of the regular stormtroopers were caught in the fire and shredded to bits, their comrades watching with horror behind their own cover.

The formation of stormtroopers had temporarily been broken, giving the rescue team the final opening they needed.

However, the corvette's presence also gave the 908th Legion their final opening.

[Bigfoot, deploy the 1st Space.] ordered the Baron via StormCom. [The rescue ship is here.]

From the 908th's offsite staging grounds, ten Zero-G troopers shot upwards, their jetpacks propelling them cleanly over the nearly subdued perimeter wall. Upon sighting the corvette, the troopers dove straight at it from above, preparing to land directly on the hull and breach the vessel.

It was now or never.

EDWGD1p.png

Dorin
Tags: Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el (Exited), Alex StormWolf Alex StormWolf (Exited), Aridius 'TK-1575' Aridius 'TK-1575'
Gear: Ebony, Heavy Blaster, MagRifle, Armor, Robotic Arm, Eye
Current Objective: Secure Area Around Comms Tower

Threat to National Security
The stormtrooper glanced up right before backing off, rolling on the ground to get out of the way of Alex StormWolf Alex StormWolf who plunged from above. Alex dodged a thrown saber, but Dominik wasn't able to see it be thrown, only Alex moving out of the way of the dangerous blade. Most he could do was put a beskar-covered shoulder in the way, a bright flash and sparks flying as the blade arced and ground against the metal, the agent stumbling back from the blow. Dominik let it drop to the floor and looked at it for a second, the dead Jedi's weapon. Blazing away like she was still alive inside of it. Dominik had no connection to the force, just knew a lot about it. Some would see this as just very special physics happening to make this blade. But Dominik knew it had a higher, deeper connection. And that's all the time he had.

Aridius 'TK-1575' Aridius 'TK-1575' Began firing his blaster. Alex blocked a few but was ultimately running for the hole, same with his girl and Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el , who just threw a stormtrooper against a wall. The blaster fire only trailed after the fleeing Jedi for a second before the advancing troopers began firing at him. Of course, of course the one time he brought only two guns did he lose possession of them both. The Beskar protected the majority of the blows as Dominik rolled forward and spun, keeping low as he collected his fallen MagRifle. Blaster fire rocked his back like hammer blows, but the thermal gel and shock-absorbant tech helped his body remain unbattered. He extended his left robotic arm toward his fallen Heavy Blaster, the weapon skittering over the rocks as if Dominik was using the force on it until it came to his hand. He holstered it before quickly throwing a new magazine into his Rifle.

And then those doors that they had tried to breach came open. A horde of white armored troops on the other side. (FN-999 )

Current Objective: Secure Area Around Comms Tower FIGHT THROUGH​

Dominik raised his rifle on the unsuspecting troopers, firing metallic projectiles at incredible speeds. Holes blasted through helmets and bodies crumpled. The amount of blaster fire directed at Dominik found it's way into the oncoming surge of soldiers, their own broken comms creating the mishap. Dominik lunged towards the hole in the wall.

A stormtrooper tackled him to the ground. There's a reason the phrase "They fell" was synonymous with dying in battle. Falling to the ground is a death sentence. But Dominik wasn't going to die here.

Apostasy

Dominik rolled, raising the barrel to the top of the trooper's helmet and pulled the trigger. The projectile tore through the man's skull and out somewhere lower, pinging off of Domink's armored leg. Another trooper came running towards him, blaster raised and firing. He got a single shot too. Dominik pushed himself to his feet, firing at every trooper that got close, his armor ringing with the sounds of blaster fire and turning a dull orange with the heat. Bodies fell and he kept backing up towards the hole, and then a few troopers got wise and aimed for his hands and gun. The rifle was blasted useless and tumbled from Dominik's hands. There was no room to pull out his sword again.

Dominik surged to the stormtrooper on his left, grabbing the rifle with his right hand and punching with his mechanical left. The helmet cracked and the trooper cried in pain. His mechanical hand struck at his fragile wrist bones. They cracked and he screamed again, letting go of the blaster. Dominik took it and pushed him towards other troopers, firing at the one on his left before the one on the right sent an elbow into Dominik's helmet, snapping his head back.

Dominik couldn't see well, but in a close-quarters fight like this sight hardly played a factor. It was all feel and reactions and instinct.

He grabbed that troopers arm and pushed the blaster in his armpit, firing off the blaster. He dropped and Dominik swung his blaster into the helmet of another, staggering him before putting a hole in his head, a hole into another's knee and then his head too. His mechanical hand snatched up one of the thermal detonators he had on his belt, set it to just a couple seconds by muscle memory, and tossed it up over into the crowd of oncoming troopers. Soldiers he couldn't even see shouted and tried to scramble away before the explosive went off.

The Agent moved with speed and violence, one hand moving to grab or strike while the other pointed the stolen blaster and fired and moved on to the next, a flurry of dropping bodies, screams and smoke and fire. His armor got battered and was heating up from how many were firing at him, but the run around to get Beskar armor more than a decade ago was worth the trouble.

Dominik got slammed in the back by something heavy and he went to a knee. A trooper found his blaster not working and used it like a club, another blow landing on his helmet. The thing almost came off as Dominik's world went white for a second, but he fired blindly in the direction of that trooper. as he resecured it.

There were just so damn many.

"Jasper!" He screamed, hoping the kid wasn't too far away. "The bag! Throw it!" He wasn't even looking towards the hole, too busy firing and dodging and killing. Fighting like this was all about feeling and instinct, and after he had dropped three more troopers he spun on a heel, left arm swinging out.
And he caught the bag as it reached him.
He kept the spin going and with a strong heave and a shout of effort, "FLASHBANG!" he flung a heavy, lumpy bag into the crowd of troopers.

A trooper attempted to grab him in the momentary lull where Dominik wasn't dispensing death. Dominik took that opportunity to take the magazines off the trooper's belt while headbutting him, stuck the blaster against his chest, and fired. The magazine clicked empty as he fell. Dominik changed out the magazine for one of the two he stole, shot another trooper dead who rushed him, then tossed the other mag towards the area where he threw the bag, firing at it with the accuracy of an age-old marksman. The instant the trigger was fully pulled Dominik was turning his back and jumping towards the hole in the wall.

Blaster magazines, especially these kinds, don't do well with heat. And shooting them with a blaster superheats them. The magazine's gas meant for blaster fire expanded and exploded, catching the bag that Dominik had thrown. It had been stuffed full of thermal detonators meant to take down the communications tower.

The world was nothing but sound, movement, and fire. A massive explosion that probably cracked the prison's foundation incinerated and blew troopers to pieces. Dominik hadn't gone very far towards the hole before everything blew up. The shockwave picked him up and flung him away to slam into the wall. His top half made it through the hole, the force carrying him through and spinning him violently outside.

He rolled for several dozen feet on the rocky dry ground before he finally settled. Everything hurt. His Hud was busted, flashing weakly. He wanted to take it off and get fresh air, but he reminded himself that the air out here wasn't good for him to breathe. He forced himself to breathe through the ventilators and slowly get to his feet. There were fighters coming down and shooting the blacksite cannons, Deathtroopers and others with jetpacks everywhere. He had to get out. Had to get out now.

The blaster in his hand was toast, he dropped it as he stumbled away, using the massive cloud of smoke and dust from the world and the explosion to keep himself hidden while he looked for his exfil.

EXIT THREAD

Last edited:

He breathed heavy. He didn't have time, nor the amount of non-broken ribs, to fill Thirdas in on everything. But he managed to wheeze out something slow.

"I know... she told me.."

He gripped the wall near him, while Thirdas returned fire. He set the Imperial blaster on stun for now. Couldn't bring himself to do it just yet.

He popped one trooper that came, sending him convulsing to the floor. Tulan breathed deeply, cursing in several different languages.

"She didn't say anything about an invitation, though."

Tulan said, just prior to repeating the action of firing at a trooper when he came around.

Last edited:

Varos_Post_Banner.png
DjqGXyQ.png

Time: Approximately fifteen minutes prior to assault
Tags: Nida Perl Nida Perl | Yula Perl Yula Perl | FN-999 | Thirdas Heavenshield Thirdas Heavenshield | Kyra Perl Kyra Perl | Tulan Kor Tulan Kor | Iris Arani Iris Arani | Silas Westgard Silas Westgard

‘Double vision-’ Varos could feel it before he could see it. The force rippled around the form of yet another interloper who rounded the corner and barreled down the hallway heading towards him. ‘Hands extended, the force pouring from her palms...’

Varos reacted by raising his own hand just as Yula raised hers, hastily raising his defenses for the impending pulse to be sent his way. His precognitive ability combined with his own tie to the force blunted much of the effect, but not wholly so. He stopped in his tracks, the balls of his feet digging into the durasteel paneling below. He could feel his body lifting as if being pried up by a wrestler only to be body-slammed into the ground. But he pushed his will into keeping himself grounded. His visored eyes locked with Yula’s, grimacing from the exertion as he pushed against the attack.

Varos would finally gain enough mastery over himself to redirect the momentum behind the push and allow the blow to land against the paneling above him - causing several such panels to dent and rupture, allowing the ceiling to cave in just meters behind him. But he would continue on, his saber humming violently as he pushed forward to intercept Yula; lashing out with a side-long slash against the woman who tried to secure escape for Nida and her companion - intent on cleaving her body in two.

DjqGXyQ.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom