Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship TIE/MEx Meteor

Status
Not open for further replies.

FN-999

F
Sienar Fleet Systems Swift TIE
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
STANDARD FEATURES
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
STRENGTHS
  • Meteor: The TIE/MEx is very fast at sublight speeds, making tracking one difficult in most environments. For example, in planetary atmospheres, TIE Meteors have been recorded reaching top speeds in excess of 5,000 km/h.
  • Blitz: The TIE/MEx's armament is a considerable improvement over that of the TIE/INx, boasting an additional two missile launchers as well as two heavy ion cannons for better penetrating the shields of enemy bombers. When combined with its high speed, the TIE Meteor is unrivaled among the Imperial Starfighter Corps at hit-and-run tactics.
  • Independent: In order to support complex missions often carried out by its veteran pilots, the TIE/MEx possesses a hyperdrive, granting it significant autonomy compared to more standard TIE variants.
WEAKNESSES
  • Skill Cap: Due to its speed, acceleration, and complexity of its armament, the TIE/MEx is extremely sensitive to pilot input. As a result, TIE Meteors often maneuver suddenly and violently, producing G-forces strong enough to be fatal for many inexperienced pilots. Consequently, access to TIE Meteors is strictly limited to TIE/INx or TIE/OT aces.
  • Lightweight: While the TIE/MEx is protected by a decent shield generator, its hull is relatively thin and fragile. As is the case with the TIE/INx, the TIE Meteor can easily be crippled or destroyed once its shields are down, and must rely on its speed as an escape.
  • Clunky: The hyperdrive and increased firepower of the TIE/MEx reduces its maneuverability compared to the TIE/INx, making it difficult to engage smaller and more agile fighters.
DESCRIPTION

The TIE/MEx, or TIE Meteor, is the latest New Imperial starfighter in production and the first line of elite fighters since the TIE/VX. Boasting the armament of a heavy fighter, the speed and maneuverability of an interceptor, and a hyperdrive for independent operations, the TIE Meteor is a serious threat for any enemy unfortunate enough to be caught within its sights.

Designed for experienced aces of the TIE/INx interceptor, the TIE/MEx is in many ways a direct upgrade. Its speed slightly exceeds even that of the TIE/INx, making it nearly untouchable in dogfights with heavier spacecraft. Compared to the TIE/INx, the TIE/MEx's firepower is considerably greater, with twice the missile capacity and two ion cannons to cripple shields before moving in for the kill.

However, the unforgiving controls of the TIE/MEx combined with its hefty cost (7x that of a TIE/INx) in practice restricts its use to only the most elite TIE/INx pilots.

Last edited by a moderator:
HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
FN-999

It is a very cool ship, but it has some serious problems.
  • First, your ratings are overpowered (+1), the Hyperdrive is not part of the ratings. Please fix it.
  • The other problem is, the Defences. It is an Extreme rating, not an average. The ECM and physical defences add up. Not to mention the Molecular Shielding and Xythan Force Shielding are the most strongest and overpowered shields in the SW. Even if you want to use one, your ratings are starts from Very High, if you want to use both, that is already Extreme. This ship is a TIE, here the ECM and reinforced hull is the average, maybe a simple deflector shield. Everything above it already counts to High or more. So please edit these or the rating.
  • And I saw you used HAM's old ships as muse, but since then we are more stricter with the ECM and physical defences.

FN-999

F
MANIAC MANIAC

Thank you for your feedback, I've made the following changes:

• Speed has been nerfed to Very High, description of the fighter updated accordingly. I say it's "slightly" faster than the TIE/INx, but in practice the speed difference doesn't exist and the description is just there to make it sound flashier.
  • I removed all defenses but the hull, ECM, and deflectors.
  • I didn't know that hyperdrives didn't count towards ship balance, now that I know I decided to add a decent one.
I admit, I did use some of the older Gat TIE submissions for inspiration as to what standard technology to fit on an Imperial fighter. Thank you for letting me know the updated standards.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom