Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Invasion Dance with me |TSE vs SJC (Turf Wars of Anzat)

Guardian Angel | Light of Ashla
Lirri Vendar
Padawan
PGnl8Jw.png
Equipment: Gilenwave Jedi cloth | Viper Mk. I Skinsuit undersuit | Yellow blade lightsaber | G1 OmniLink
Tag(s): Pom Stych Tivé Pom Stych Tivé
rhbR1i4.png

Since Lirri had never heard about the Nightsisters, she didn't know what Aunt could talk about, but she found it interesting anyway. It is true that the little girl was not bothered that she was alone, for the last two years this had been a feature of her life since her late master began to teach her. But what else she heard was very interesting.

"I'm used to it." she shrugged. "My master was pretty weird, I think that's the reason."

She saw no other option besides this, and of course outside the war. Because war was important enough, which was now two-fronted. With Bryn’adûl on the one hand, and now with the Sith on the other. Sisters?

"Did you study at a girls' school? Or do you come from some kind of female-based society where the whole community counts as a family?"

Lirri asked the following questions. She read about such things, that there are such societies, quite a lot. Its name was a matriarchal society, she remembered that. In fact, based on Jedi ideas, these societies had to be assumed to be flawed because there were too many attachments, but they were definitely interesting from a scientific point of view. She thought about it quite a bit from what the aunt had said, but after thinking and listening, she finally had to agree, so nodded seriously.

"Aunt… Mistress Malcontent is right, I have to agree with you. Ah! I'll go back later, I promise, but I hope we can still talk a little bit!"

She started sadly at first, but in the end became enthusiastic about the opportunity that came to mind. As the aunt set off for the ships, the little girl followed.

"Basic training, lightsaber use, trust in the Force, telekinetics, telepathy, sense improvement. And… I shouldn’t talk about it because the Jedi wouldn’t be happy for it, but my master taught me to know the Sith and the ancient Sith language and I am able to control electricity. But don’t tell them that, Mistress Malcontent, they don’t like if a Jedi even knowing the abilities of the Dark Side."

iX0r3My.png

Equipment: Ashlas wristguard | Blaster pistol with a stun setting | Stun baton | Two Lightsabres | Brion Substance Regulator | Electromagnetic pulse emitter | Heavy Covert Armour
Allied tag: Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Sakadi Marathi Sinvala
Hostile tag: Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim

header3.png

That was awkward. Very awkward. Sakadi had not only refused his offer, but also given him a rather clear instruction not to offer it again. Maybe he could inquire further about why she was so opposed to it further down the line, because from his perspective, it seemed like she was denying a good practical solution without any real explanation. But those thoughts would have to be saved for another time. For now, he simply nodded 'ok'.

Mathieu had already decided to take a backseat when Ingrid explained that she would not accept being seen as Sith. Maybe she was used to being able to control the press back home in her Eternal Empire, but she would not be able to control how Mathieu thought of her - all she could do was to change her behaviour because that was what he judged her by. But even here, he remained quiet and gave her an empathetic nod. What she said was interesting, for sure. And underlined how unique her skills were and that she was quite the special spirit.

Proceeding to present what the Master had wanted him to convey, practically word for word, Mathieu was positively surprised by how agreeable the Regent was. His relation with her was not one marked by trust, in fact, he was somewhat hesitant to rely on her word again. But then, if peace was offered, who was he to reject it? And to add to it, she offered to dismiss her traveling company and having recognised them as creatures of the darkside, he was quite eager to see them disappear. Nodding, he let out a soft "I'd like that"

Once they had disappeared from sight, he would relax a little. The hand that hovered by his belt where the lightsabre hung would fall back down to his side and the outer robes would fall in between. Ingrid mentioned a first aid kit in exchange for leaving without surrendering. Mathieu did not think that she was in a particularly strong position to bargain for a first aid kit - but seeing how poorly she was doing, he thought it would be the right thing to do regardless.

Reaching for a pouch that hung by his belt, the Padawan threw a glance at Sakadi. She was the true negotiator for their side and so, he would stay his hand if she seemed to think that it was the best idea. If not, he would carefully approach the Empress Regent with the intent to help her apply the med kit.

Equipment: Lightsabers, Cosaint Bracers, Covert Jedi Robes, standard equipment (Bio)
Ally: Mathieu Brion Mathieu Brion
Opposing: Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim

dkpurple.png

Ingrid's request was met with a fixed gaze and a single arched eyebrow. She had considered her own request to be bold; directly asking the Empress Regent to surrender. But the counter-offer surpassed hers by a long shot.

Of course, she was not apathetic nor unwilling to help the injured. But this, this was asking for too much. They were not going to patch up the wounded ruler of the Eternal Empire and let her walk free. Not after her recent involvement in the battles of Myrkr and Voss. Despite her aversion of being called a Sith, she herself had fought side by side with the Imperial armies. Someone as dangerous as Ingrid L'erim would not be helped on her way to go cause havoc elsewhere.

After a moment of silence, the Jedi Master shook her slightly lowered head. "Mathieu, please tell her the following." She directed her telepathic messages solely at the Padawan, who arguably had a louder and more convincing voice than her. "Like we said before, you will either surrender and be offered aid, or leave immediately. Our purpose here is not of your concern." Her message couldn't be more clear. There was not going to be any bargaining here, for this was already the extend of what the Sephi was willing to provide. These were not normal negotiations, and Sakadi would not treat them as such.

"Well, what will it be? Sakadi kept her guard up, in case the Empress Regent decided on a different option.​

Beltran had launched himself forward as the cave had collapsed, using the Force to propel him faster than seemed humanly possible. It was such a rudimentary use of the Force, but one that Beltran had come to see as devastating when applied properly. Somewhere behind him, the bulk of his unit remained-cut off or possibly buried in the avalanche of rock.

It was just the Lorrdian and the Kaleesh now.

Without even giving Beltran a moment to breath, the Sith leapt out at him from somewhere above, swinging his lightsaber down at the Ranger. As if on reflex, Beltran tried to deflect it with his Pulse Rifle, but only succeeded in having the crimson blade slice clean through the weapon. Instinctively, Beltran tried to take a step back, to get some space to operate but the freshly fallen rocks provided nowhere for the Lorrdian to go.

When the Kaleesh landed, he was barely a meter in front of Beltran. Moving quickly, Beltran drew his own saber from his waist and activated it. The sunset orange mingled nicely with the crimson red of his opponents. Swinging his blade in wide arcs, Beltran hoped to force his opponent back a step or two so that the Lorrdian could have a second to compose himself.

Objective: Kill Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr
Gear: Double-Blade lightsaber and his armor

Impressive, this guy was actually giving him troubles. He should not underestimate him, however despite all of his focus and battle talent the Kaleesh quickly notice that his opponent lack experience, or training, or both with the lightsaber. He was obviously using a weapon which wasn't his main skill. Without leaving him any room to breath the Kaleesh launch a wave of furious and powerful blows against his guard, he wans't planning to outskill him, but to outright overpower him and force him against the wall, if he succed in doing that a powerful kick would be landed on Beltran leg of balance to break his guard and force him on his knees, giving the Kaleesh pehaps an oportunity for the killing blow.

Lady Ingrid L’lerim-Ragal
Empress Regent of the Eternal Empire, Overlord of the Eternal Empire, the Emperor's hand
The Red Witch; Director of Blackwatch; Baroness of Vengard, Head of the House L’lerim, CEO of the HPI Consortium
1tYkiUV.png
Equipment: 2x Sigra vibroblade | 2x Striith vibrosword | 2x red blade lightsaber shoto | Heilagr MK. I Assassin Armour | Shield talisman | G1 OmniLink | BCR-X10 Sniper Rifle | Empyrean gland | Taozin amulet
Ground forces: 2/2 Smoke demons
Tags: Mathieu Brion Mathieu Brion | Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Sakadi Marathi Sinvala
dRUm20K.png

Background music:
Elena Siegman - Abracadavre

Since the Padawan would have been happy to send the demons, so she did, they set out. However, the further situation did not really turn out best. If she had been able to feel disgust and contempt for more than a moment, if she had not suppressed those feelings as soon as she felt them within herself. Then these would have been there in her after the interpreted words. But she couldn't. Therefore, this could not be felt from her direction. Nor were these feelings present on her face or eyes, only the coldness.

"Do you know only the most disgusting and despised people are the ones who refuse the help, if anyone ask for it? Even if it's an enemy. You are no better than the Sith. I’m amazed that you are still on the Light Side, your place would be on the Dark Side, in the deepest pits."

There was no contempt or disgust in her voice, only an icy intersecting tone. There was no sign of nausea or uncertainty in these words, but she still felt herself bad. As a soldier, she never denied this to others. Had she believed in the ideals of the Jedi, she would have been infinitely disappointed now. Luckily she did not sway herself into such faith. However, the demons stopped after the words were conveyed and headed backwards. Ingrid reached for her OmniLink. She didn’t want to do that, but they left her no choice.

"You left me no other choice, I really didn’t want any conflict. You will be responsible for the consequences. This is Overlord L'lerim. Send troops to my coordinates, rescue and invasion units as well. The village where I am is under strong Jedi supervision."

She didn't want Adrian to worry about her and she wouldn't get back without help. Just as it is unlikely that she will be able to get out of the village. If she did, chances are she would make her condition worse.

"I would really leave if I could. I will be forced to wait for the rescue teams here, which would not have been necessary if you had helped. So you have two options, one is to give me what I asked for and I will leave. In this case, the invasion units do not come either. Or you still leave me no choice. And in this case, you leave this place with the villagers if you don’t want them to get in trouble. Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot you do not care whose fate will be…"

There was no mockery in her voice now, only coldness, insensitivity. Like the icy breeze in the night, or the ice-cold blade that is pounded into a heart. Meanwhile, the two demons also returned and stopped a few meters behind the woman. She didn't want to do this…

"At the very least, you need to be sane, kid, don't let this "master" drag you into the darkness with her depravity. You’re much better than her. You can save everyone. No one needs to get hurt today."

lqTDRqo.png

nBtOGGm.gif

Objective: Warehouse
Allies: Silver Jedi
Opposition: Sith Empire
With: Allyson Locke Allyson Locke
Engaging: Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex Darth Prazutis Darth Prazutis

The hour finished, and Allyson moved to Jyoti as she shifted back into visibility. She had an uncanny affinity for the camouflage, practice made perfect, and Allyson depended on the skill more often than not. “I’m transferring the images from my contact lens to you. Seems things are picking up for some reason. I don’t like it. Better we stay out here -” Allyson sighed, knowing that Jyoti had a home to return to. “You going to be okay, staying?” As much as Allyson wanted Jyoti to return to her homestead, to return to that quiet life - she knew that this mission needed both of them. Allyson needed Jyoti more than anything - especially now.

"I'm already here," Jyoti replied almost distractedly, peering down at the compound through her macrobinoculars. "Might as well finish the job."

The last place she wanted to be on Anzat, tangoing with the Sith again, but she would only be kicking the can down the road by ignoring them. The Bryn and their xenocidal campaign still consumed most of her attention, but the Sith Empire was not to be taken lightly. From Onderon to Myrkr, they had shown just how dangerous they still were.

She wondered if any Sith got tired of it, the endless holy wars with no victor. A vicious crusade 26 millennia and counting. She certainly did.

Alas, she would endure.

That was the Jedi way.

"Besides, you're as much family as anyone else. I'm not leaving you alone on this." She nudged Allyson with her heel, just about all she was willing to risk while remaining camouflaged. "So, lead the way."

While Allyson had been her apprentice and subordinate, she deferred to the Corellian on this particular assignment, whom was much more versed on infiltrating TSE facilities. It still didn't sit well with the Jedi Shadow working off mystery intel provided at the last moment - it could very well be a trap - but if anyone could see them out of trouble here, it was Allyson.

She carried on.

SM.png

As activity picked up, and the compound had been mostly mapped out, they finally proceeded with infiltration. Something big was about to happen - she could feel it as great Shatterpoints began to bloom over the area.

Allyson slipped in first, while Jyoti hung back outside, still cloaked and suppressed, watching their rear while she gave Allyson a chance to clear the immediate area before she followed.

Using Starlight, she issued a quick text for a sitrep:

"What's it look like inside?"

Remembering Wildflowers
risen_jedi_symbol_v2.png

Dramatis Personae: Joycelyn Zambrano Joycelyn Zambrano

Risen crouched in a nook of stone. He had only just sensed the presence when he felt it sense him. Two tendrils of consciousness brushing, one light, one ravenously dark. In an instant, it seemed, the darkness flared in challenge with frightening weight.

He held his breath. It was how he concealed his presence, though the Force pulsed in his veins and tried escaping in foggy exhalations. The enemy was close, but how close? He didn’t have time to even register this kind of information before diving into cover. Had it noticed him?

Surprise was his one advantage, if he could keep it. And surprise relied on distance. If Risen could learn how far to travel, then he may have a shot against this presence of wicked firelight. But judging his position would be dangerous. Even a glance seemed risky.

Risen closed his eyes. He exhaled deeply through his nostrils, allowing Force to escape. This wasn’t something he’d practiced much, and he begged the wind to assist him. Light blue fog mingled with the skylit snow, hopefully to conceal it as it drifted low through the mountain pass. He felt it, because it was him, his breath. It traveled in eddies and winding ribbons before at last reaching the darkness ahead. Close. Watchful. Inevitable.

He let his concentration go. That was his chance, then, one last trick left him by his old teachers.

Three. Keep your presence in the Force concealed. Hold your breath.

Two. Move fast, faster than the eye can see. A burst, a sprint, a flicker. Unsustainable, but dizzying.

One. Strike before they know you’re upon them.

Risen blinked ahead. To the eye, he would appear in mid-air, spear raised before the source of the darkness: a hulking woman framed in black fur and fire. There was no margin of error.

He aimed for the throat.

Equipment: Ashlas wristguard | Blaster pistol with a stun setting | Stun baton | Two Lightsabres | Brion Substance Regulator | Electromagnetic pulse emitter | Heavy Covert Armour

header3.png

He just wanted to give her the medpack.

But instead, he became the messenger of Sakadi's rather harsh message - naturally, he tried to convey it in the same spirit that she had sent it in. And after that, he became the recipient of Ingrid's condemnations. Were these the burdens of being a Jedi?

In the end, he thought that the Master's judgement call was sound - Ingrid was an enemy and while it was appropriate to also care for the health of one's enemies, it was commonly done when the enemy was pacified and in captivity. Ingrid was not pacified or in captivity and it seemed like she had firm control over her beasts. In the end, it didn't matter much - he still wanted to help her but he trusted Sakadi's call to not do so. And with that, he remained silent - if Sakadi wanted to retort, he would be happy to help her convey the message.

The Padawan saw the Empress Regent reach for her communications device. He was confident that he could shut it off with an EMP-blast but in the end, he decided to give her the benefit of the doubt, hoping that her message would be conveying a few last instructions to her staff before surrendering. He should have known better - for she seemed to be calling for reinforcements instead. The fact that she called in troops to their small duel-like encounter surprised him and for a moment, he considered calling in three dreadnaughts, 15 000 droids and 2000 mercenary soldiers. That did not happen - Mathieu had no such powers, unfortunately. But it would certainly have shown his foe the danger of escalating a situation that was really not supposed to be escalated.

Fortunately, the weather conditions around the village was deteriorating quickly. It had already brought a few civilian and military ships down and as it looked, bringing in any sort of additional troops would be hard. Still, Mathieu did not know what capacities the Eternal Empire had and how quickly they could summon an invasion unit to a small village on Anzat. They did not appear on Voss and he had figured it was because of the distance and was hoping that the same issue would be recurring now, seeing as the two worlds were relatively close.

Ingrid's tone did not sound like it conveyed any emotions. But her words certainly seemed to be mocking. In a way, she held more of his sympathy before she spoke - for her ruthless callousness reinforced that she was quite willing to see innocents die, just to force them to give her the medkit. But in truth, he did want to give it to her, and at the moment, she seemed to be appealing directly to him. He took a step forth before stopping himself "Ingrid, she's a Jedi Master. I trust in her wisdom." he let out a heavy sigh before continuing "Look, I've seen plenty of battlefields. And I know that it is only common to treat your enemy if they are your captive. You don't treat them just to let them go right after. Come on, you must give us something" he said, hoping that she would see that he was actually trying to find a way around both of their problems.

SC3TueI.png

Equipment: Armour, Energy Bow, Lightsabers, Force Resistant Arrows, Explosive Arrows
Interacting with: Kascalion Giedfield

As Yuroic moved around his breathing slowed as he tried to sense the possible Sith hunting around in the caves, his bow tight in his grip as he closed his eyes and listened. Knowing that voidstone diminished his abilities in the Force, Yuroic had trained his senses, ensured he was a capable hunter and tracker, his ears pricked as he could hear the approach of another being, slow and deliberate at first and then rush as they moved faster to him. Gripping his bow, Yuroic armed it and launched an arrow at the being, hitting it from range. He could tell that the being wanted to move this into close combat and avoid his arrows but Yuroic needed to get at least one arrow in. The arrow aimed at the stomach of the being.

The last time he had fought in a cave, it was a vision, in his mind when he was hunting for his Lightsaber crystals. It was him fighting the memory of his former slave owner, something burned a deep hatred in him that blinded him to love and accepting love from others. Yuroic gripped a second arrow and fired that one at the being's chest, the white Lightsaber had Yuroic confused. It was not the traditional colour that a Sith would use, especially one deeply connected to the Dark Side of the Force. Or at least that was the bias that Yuroic had thought in Sith. It was a limited view, something that he couldn't or wouldn't let him be put on the backfoot of this fight. He had been confronted by Sith who don't follow normal conventions all the time in the past.

After the second arrow was fire, Yuroic held the energy bow ready for close combat. The drawstring made of the same stuff as a Lightsaber so made it ideal for combat against the Sith's Lightsaber. Yuroic breathes out slowly, he just had to keep focused, he could feel his mind already attempt to wander back to the time he was a Padawan going for his first Lightsaber crystals. He couldn't let it wander because once it did then he would likely lose this fight, lose his life if he couldn't regain focus again.​

Her father's people. Sort of.

As much his as the Shi'ido were hers, she supposed.

All the same, it didn't really matter what they were to her so much as it meant keeping the Jedi encroachment confined to their strip of regained space. Half a click away from the feeding caves, the only bit of information the young Sith lord had been able to obtain before arriving on the planet was the slight tension between the vampiric people and the Sith due to the rather scorched earth tactics in eradicating their diseased brethren. It seemed, to her, that the destruction of their kind, those infected with the plague that had weakened them prior to entering Sith control, had been less than ideal to actual treatment - but then the Anzati never seemed to get along well with anyone in the first place.

In either case, nothing of note had jumped out at her as she rode the smaller speeder bike she sat on towards the mouth of one of these caves, completely unaware that Caedyn Arenais would be arriving at nearly the same place.

Equipment: Lightsabers, Cosaint Bracers, Covert Jedi Robes, standard equipment (Bio)

dkpurple.png

Sometimes, it was best not to say anything. Right now was definitely one of those moments. It did not matter what she would convey, it would fall on deaf ears or only further aggravate the red-haired woman. It became more and more apparent to her, as Ingrid spoke, that talking with her would yield no results. The Empress Regent's words were coated with insults, and could only be seen as hypocrisy by her.

The concussed woman spoke of not being offered the aid she needed. It was a fair point; the Jedi Master would've personally healed any normal soldiers should she have stumbled upon them. But that was the key phrasing here. Normal. Ingrid L'erim of the Eternal Empire was not normal.

The Overlord killed and murdered like it was nothing. She had ties to the Sith Empire, and her recent involvement in the war had caused many deaths. If not directly, than through her subordinates in the Eternal Empire. Offering a woman with so much blood on her hands aid and letting her go would be nothing short of encouraging her rampage.

And to top it off, the Empress Regent summoned a strike force to the primitive village. Something she blamed entirely on the Jedi. It made Sakadi wonder if the Overlord saw herself as some paragon of virtue. It would certainly explain how she slept at night.

Sakadi's shoulders relaxed a little as Mathieu responded. She had chosen not to interfere, and was glad to not have done so. "Thank you, Mathieu. It were the first few words that would echo through the Padawan's mind. "If she were a normal opponent, we would have given her aid." As she projected her thoughts, the two Sith abominations returned from their short hiatus. "But she is not someone I consider normal."

The Sephi sincerely hoped that the words of the broad-shouldered Padawan would have more impact on Ingrid than hers, despite their differences.​

Lark

Saint of the Damned
Objective: Defend the Base
Tags: Alyssa Shinobu Alyssa Shinobu

Time moved at little more than a crawl when reduced to the most mundane of guard duties, especially when one was accustomed to much more adrenaline-inducing scenarios. Battles within a blinding tempest of frost and snow, fighting within the halls of Bastion, returning to one's previous home only to see it reduced to ash. That was the sort of battle Lark had become accustomed to. Routine patrolling hadn't been a task of his since his days studying under Krest, and even then it wasn't under the Zabrak's orders. For all the mans betrayals, at least he had kept Lark entertained. Now he was simply wandering around a predetermined route, searching for any living intruder larger than a rat.

It was a reminder of his current position amongst Sith ranks. For so long he had been preoccupied with his own personal story, he had nearly come to neglect the fact that he was still an acolyte. Most of the others he had once trained with had either died or vanished. Only one or two were even still around, yet they had ascended to greater things. Your time is nearly here, he thought. It won't be long until you're knighted. And from there, you'll continue to show why you deserve a place here.

But it was infuriatingly boring. Why couldn't he be a part of the actual research? He had spent more time in Sith archives than he did in his own dormitory, he was confident he could aid in whatever research was being done within the warehouse. Hell, at least let him bring snacks into the laboratories. That way he might at least get a glimpse of what was being worked on.

Lark's stomach rumbled at the thought of snacks. Supplies were limited in this forlorn depot, food had to be rationed so guards only received substance periodically. It felt like days had past since his last meal. He was accustomed to hunger when he was abandoned on Myrkr, but back then he also wasn't a part of one of the largest armies in the galaxy. Surely the Sith could offer more food than a trash pit in a swamp could.

The regiment he was with strolled past a room they had patrolled by countless times, but on this loop Lark sensed something odd. Something was different. He peeked inside, and upon first glance it seemed relatively unordinary. Perhaps a lab that hadn't been used in some time. But there was something lingering within that wasn't there before, something delicious. Is that...

...trail mix?

"I'll just be a moment," he muttered to his fellow guards. They nodded, and continued on their way. That was all the more fortuitous for Lark. Someone had managed to sneak some of their own food into the warehouse, and he wanted a piece of the pie. Likely some guard snuck away during their own patrol, hoping to feast on some chocolate and pretzels. Lark wouldn't snitch, so long as he got a few peanuts or wafers. He stepped over a few trashed test-tubes, careful not to alert whatever regiment lay hidden within, snacking away. As he quietly maneuvered through the lab he noticed a few crumbs on the floor, perhaps where the bag had been crushed, as well as the crimson glow of a monitor. Perhaps it was a scientist that had their own contraband hidden away?

But to his surprise, it wasn't a Sith guard or scientist that harbored secret, illicit treats. It was a girl perhaps only a few years younger than he, though she certainly didn't belong anywhere near here. "Are you lost, little one?" Lark asked gently. Palms outstretched, he'd attempt to draw two things towards him from across the small distance between them. The first was the datapad, which was likely stealing Sith intel. With invisible tendrils the other hand tried to pull the bag of trail mix towards him, for no purpose other than his own hunger.

if they're watching anyways
Civil_try2.png

hJJw3Ng.png

AMCO AMCO

The young Jedi breathed a sigh of relief when the man didn't attack or call for the guards, but that was no reason to relax. She stayed where she was at the center of the room. Silence hung for a long few moments as she considered her course of action.

The way the Force swirled around the man at the door told her enough. A Sith, and far from an inexperienced one. Based on his attire, lack of equipment, and physique, she guessed he was more of a manipulator or sorcerer than a fighter. That was good; she didn't like fighting. She'd probably lose anyways if it came to it. The flow had shifted just enough that she wasn't able to pull from it easily. No, there would not be a battle of spells or fists here. His manner of speaking and his choice to deal with her on his own meant that this was a battle of words and wits.

His tone, too -- she guessed that if she proved herself 'worthy', or at least interesting enough, he'd probably leave her be; or at least let her go without any trouble. She propped her elbow up with her other hand and made a little waving gesture.

"Well, I suppose the first thing I need for my inspection would be information on what experiments are taking place in the laboratory, as well as an introduction to the head scientist, so I know who to fine should my inspection uncover any immoral or illegal practices." For now she'd play along, but she kept careful watch of the man and her surroundings. Maybe all these Anzat were zombies or something. That'd be uncomfortable.

Objective: Finish studies, prepare for party crasher
Allies nearby: AMCO AMCO
Enemy: Darlyn Excron Darlyn Excron

Equipment: In signature

"Liquidation has begun and..." the security guard was cut off as alarms started going off, chatter from other security teams filtering into comms. Taeli sighed as she leaned into to look at the security feeds, watching their intruder not even try and hide his identity or progress into the facility. Facial data would be cross checked through the Sith's database, but she had seen the type before in her time fighting in the wars.

"I'll deal with him, continue scrubbing and transferring the data," she said, taking her lightsaber off her belt. Nothing strenuous, she had told Fiolette, nothing dangerous. Just clearing up the data and prototypes for the Anzati, and of course the Silvers launched a raid on the world. She should have never said it would be just a science trip. Sweeping through the halls as regally as she could, alarms still blaring, security rushing to evacuate and scrub the research on the ferals, she made her way to where the Silver agent would have no choice but to encounter her. Her dark presence in the Force would be beacon for him anyway.

He would find her waiting in the main observation chamber, a room large enough for a fight if it came to that. Sitting on the floor, eyes closed, lightsaber resting in her palm, she opened her eyes once he approached.

"You're interrupting important work here," she said in way of greeting. She sensed darkness in him... a Dark Jedi perhaps? Only reinforced her impression of him then.

Lady Ingrid L’lerim-Ragal
Empress Regent of the Eternal Empire, Overlord of the Eternal Empire, the Emperor's hand
The Red Witch; Director of Blackwatch; Baroness of Vengard, Head of the House L’lerim, CEO of the HPI Consortium
1tYkiUV.png
Equipment: 2x Sigra vibroblade | 2x Striith vibrosword | 2x red blade lightsaber shoto | Heilagr MK. I Assassin Armour | Shield talisman | G1 OmniLink | BCR-X10 Sniper Rifle | Empyrean gland | Taozin amulet
Ground forces: 2/2 Smoke demons
Tags: Mathieu Brion Mathieu Brion | Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Sakadi Marathi Sinvala
dRUm20K.png

Background music:
Elena Siegman - Abracadavre

”I don’t deny this from anyone if someone asks. I haven't done it before, I won't after that. My conscience is clear on this issue.”

Her voice was strangely honest now. True, most people also offer the surrender, but if not, it was even more respectable in the woman’s eyes. So far, she had never encountered an opponent whom she had to deny. She lived and was born in a warrior clan system. There no one begged for mercy and they chose death rather than humiliation. Ingrid was just like that.

”To give something? You have already received it since you are alive. I was the first on Voss to regain consciousness after the explosion. I could have killed you there, as could Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr . I didn't hurt anyone, I just left. If I were who you think I am, you would already be dead. I can’t give more than that because it would go against what my clan, or my Empire, represents. I have no intention of betraying any of them, I would rather die than that would happen. I can’t surrender, and I’d rather kill myself than be a prisoner of war or a political prisoner.”

The “most beautiful” part of thinking this completely seriously was that she had no problem giving up her life for something, or for someone if this person was one of the few people she would do it for. She knew AMCO AMCO wouldn't agree with that at all, the man never understood the woman's perception of the world, but they both came from elsewhere. Such were the cultural differences. The world began to spin with her again, causing her to close her eyes.

”I don't want anything other than what you want. Get out of here, so I hope they give me a reason to tell those approaching that they don’t have to come after all. That would be it, everyone could go about their own business and do what we came here for, that is, you, I could visit an infirmary.”

They may have been enemies and Ingrid was a Dark Side Force user, but she was also a soldier, and that’s exactly why she didn’t want to endanger civilians. And not to mention that she still didn’t know why she was here. She just wanted to get to Adrian or back to the ship…

lqTDRqo.png

nBtOGGm.gif

Snowy Hill Pass - Near Warehouse.
Joycelyn’s stuff:
Castellan shield, Zaudraka, Zealot’s Maille, a big, fluffy cloak, Jin’wodasir x3, SIF-7 Minos.
Risen Risen

There was a moment of silence, of tension.

Joycelyn considered jumping down there and confronting whatever hid among the crags, but her instincts told her not to. She held a strong position, abandoning it would not make sense unless she knew she could retreat in time. Sometimes, the commander and the warrior in her had debates such as these. The warrior had a simplistic view of the battlefield, yet yielded surprising technical and tactical advantages. The commander on the other hand was predictable, conservative, but saw the larger picture.

It was the commander who told her to stay, but it was the warrior who responded when a body seemingly apparated into the thin air before her. She sensed him, half a breath before he came.

He was fast, very fast.

She moved her feet as his spear launched out against her, turning sideways and bringing the shield up to defend herself, but she could tell she was too slow. While his spear did not pierce her throat, it did penetrate the shoulder area of her greatcoat and scarf, cutting into her skin and releasing droplets of red into the black and red fabrics. He was going for the critical areas, seeking to take her life quickly.

An assassin? If so, who had sent him?

Rather than draw her weapon, Joycelyn quickly moved her arms to seize the spear. She too was quick, for once unhindered by the heavier set of armour she usually wore. Her shield arm covered her right side, and with a twist of her hip swept the metal bulk into the spear’s shaft as well, seeking to disarm or unbalance him if she could.

The sudden brain brought a shock of unnatural strength coursing through her body. She felt as though she could have thrown him like a fishhook on a line if she tried; if she had time to try.

A little pain, a little blood, what a fun moonlight dance.

Darth Vornskr enjoyed herself already.

header3.png

Mathieu nodded upon receiving Sakadi's explanation, it made sense, in a way. But then, Ingrid did seem to be suffering and despite her vile comments, he did not want to see that. And what better way to bring someone to the light than to show compassion?

The woman was not making it easy to sympathise with her, however. He shook his head "We both know that is not true, Ingrid. I was tending to the wounded after I got back up from the explosion - you did not win that fight and you did not spare me or wake up first for that matter - the choice to not continue was mutual." He looked at her for a few moments "And honestly, I think the decision was a good one. We don't have to be enemies. You could choose to not ally with the Sith Empire. There are so many options."

He doubted that he would succeed, but hopefully, she would at least consider it. "Look, Ingrid, we didn't pause the last fight to treat Beltran's wound when your illusion managed to get a hit in. We were in an active engagement. Anzat is filled with conflict right now. You are a capable fighter and a skilled commander. So tell me why we should treat your wounds now. Will you leave the planet? Can we trust you to not engage in another fight?" His questioned echoed what Sakadi had conveyed earlier - but really, he was unsure of how much he trusted the woman regardless, for he remembered how she broke it last time.

dkpurple.png

'My conscience is clear on this issue.' That one sentence did nothing but cement her view on the Empress Regent. It almost made her feel glad to be without a voice; for there were several not so nice things she wanted to say.

Instead, Sakadi waited and listened. Letting Mathieu take the lead seemed to pay off. Her straightforward approach hadn't really done anything to better their situation. But Mathieu could at least get the red-haired woman to talk, which was more often than not a good sign.

The Jedi Master wasn't really worried about the invasion threat either. The Sephi wasn't a war veteran, tactician or general by any means. But she knew what the logistics of an operation like this entailed. The weather conditions would only be a temporary setback; the real problem here was the terrain of Anzat. Or to be more specific, the village's location.

Like any proper settlement on Anzat, the majority of village they were guarding was built into the tall rocky spires that protruded from the misty surface. While easily found and entered on foot, finding one's way to the village with vehicles or spacecrafts proved to be a menace. Therefore, against the time the strike force arrived, the Anzati would likely be long gone already.

But all of it wouldn't come into play if they came to terms here. She and Mathieu had a mission to complete, and Ingrid undoubtedly had to do... something on this planet. But what exactly? Why was the Empress Regent here? Did the planet have something to offer that the Jedi didn't know about?​

The Kaleesh's assault on Beltran was as brutal as it was powerful. Beltran had never actually been in a one on one duel with a being wielding a lightsaber before and it was clear that his opponent could sense that. The first few attacks, Beltran was able to parry but only barely. His skills in the saber, thus far, had consisted mostly on the style of Form One, which lent itself well to the chaotic nature of the battlefield.

On Seline, he had been able to carve a swath through a score of Dark Side cultists using those techniques. But more recently, he had begun to learn that if he was ever going to be able to stand toe to toe with the Sith, he would need to refine his knowledge. He had learned this on Voss, when Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim had cut him, forcing him to drop his saber. He had also learned this on Irith, when he and Palm-Imer Palm-Imer had been forced to fight those Force abominations that CrimaCorp had created with their experiments. There, as here, the lack of space to maneuver had cost Beltran dearly.

Had he the space, he would have disengaged from his opponent and switched methods. But with the wall of rocks at his back, there was only one way to go and that was through. After barely blocking another of Ra's Ra's strikes, Beltran launched himself forward at the Kaleesh. He drew on the Force, and every bit of power that his servo-assisted armor had as he attempted to spear the Sith at the midsection and knock him to the ground.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom