Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Starlight

Status
Not open for further replies.
‘Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.’
“The Old Astronomer to his Pupil” by Sarah Williams
00_40_4300199.png

Total-Recall-Implanted-hand-phone.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent: To create personal communications devices for Allyson Locke and Jyoti Nooran[/SIZE]
Image Source: [x][x]
Canon Link: N/a
Primary Source:
John Locke's Cybernetics
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
Manufacturer: Locke and Key Mechanics
Affiliation: Allyson Locke Allyson Locke Jyoti Nooran Jyoti Nooran
Model: Starlight
Modularity: No
Production: Semi-Unique (2)
Material: Electronics, Stygium

SPECIAL FEATURES

STRENGTHS

Secure Communications: No matter where you are you need to talk to more than one person at once. While replicating the Quantum Entanglement of the photons is not possible on a larger scale the Starlight contains the stripped-down elements of a Hermes Communications system, allowing the user a secure means of contacting other people.
Can project an image onto any surface: a few small stygium crystals built into the implant create an optical distortion field. The technology for this is based in the same stygium cloaking devices which were so common throughout the galaxy, The small stygium crystals create an optical distortion field that will bend the light emitted by the array through 90 degrees, effectively allowing for a screen to be created anywhere without the need for a bulky holographic emitter.
Can turn any solid surface into a speaker or microphone: The implant contains small repulsor’s in the implants of the user's hand. When pressed against a surface these repulsors can cause it to vibrate, turning the entire surface into a speaker. The implant also contains optical lasers in the user's fingertips which when pressed against a surface can detect vibrations in it, running them through an algorithm to extract the vibrations caused by sound waves. In this way, any surface can be converted into a microphone, and/or speaker by just touching it.
A little piece of heaven: Two specks of light, single photons, were caught just after they’d been emitted from the same source, their quantum states irrevocably linked together. The photons were then placed into an implant capable of reading and adjusting the photons, allowing the transmission of data back and forth down the connection in a link that was unjammable or hackable.

WEAKNESS

No combat ability: The Starlight is a pure communications device, it has absolutely no combat ability or enhancements.
Must touch: In order to use the starlight you need to be able to touch a surface or your face if this isn’t possible the starlight can’t be used. This makes using the implant while wearing armor less than a satisfactory idea since all it can do is possible convert your entire suit of armor into a speaker or microphone.
Tap tap: Certain surfaces are better conductors than others, glass or brittle metals will conduct sound better, while plastics and fabrics tend to absorb the sound better, making it harder for the Starlight to detect and produce sounds.

DESCRIPTION

Approached by his cousin with a request, a gift she could give to Jyoti, John was happy to help his favorite cousin, the two of them spending entire nights in the workshop with mountains of pizza as they stretched the limits of their knowledge of science to the very edge. They combined both of their expertise to make sure that this gift was something special.

At its core, the Starlight is a communications system allowing Allyson and Jyoti to remain connected with one another, no matter where they were. To ensure that the two women he’d come to care about could do this he reached into the depths of quantum physics, actually capturing two specks of light, the starlight the system was named after. The two photons were linked down at a subatomic level, an unbreakable bond, much like that shared by Allyson and Jyoti, two sparks of light, forever linked to shine no matter how dark the night. Although the data flow between the entangled photons was limited the link was unbreakable, no jamming or countermeasure could ever break or distort it, or pull the two of them apart.

Last edited:
Allyson Locke Allyson Locke

Hey there, and thanks for taking the time to use the factory. I'll be going through the review and approval process with you for this sub. If at any point you need clarification on anything I suggest or ask, please do not hesitate to ask me for such.

Solid sub here! Just got one thing I want to ask before a slap my approval on this submission.

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Quantum Entanglement Communications System
  • Commlink Implanted into hands for ease of use
  • Hermes
  • Optical distortion field
  • Fingertip repulsors
  • Optical Lasers in fingertips
Do you by chance have a link you could provide for the highlighted special feature in the quote above?

Please remember to tag me with any changes/edits made to this submission

Jorik Valnora Jorik Valnora Until I get a message back about the retroactive stuff that's happening with my permissions to use the Quantum Entanglement Communications Systems, I changed it to Ghostwave that has been modified by Allyson. That has been the ONLY change that has occurred with the submission, because my hand was forced.

I'm currently waiting on advisement from John Locke John Locke , but with the ghostwave we can continue the judgement.

Allyson Locke Allyson Locke

Everything else looks good to me. I don't mind hanging on to this for a day or two more if you would like a little more time to work those permissions to avoid having to immediately call this submission back for a submission modification once there is proof again of the permission.

Just let me know what works for you. I can approve this now or we can sit on it a couple more days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom