Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech OSX-03 "Death-Dealer" Hand Cannon

Status
Not open for further replies.
OSX-03 "Death-Dealer" Hand Cannon
jonathan-turcot-imageaceofspade-000-002.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Slugthrower Revolver
  • Size: Average
  • Weight: Average
  • Ammunition Type: .50 Caliber depleted Baradium slugs.
  • Ammunition Capacity: Small (6)
  • Effective Range: Personal
  • Rate of Fire: Average
  • Stopping Power: Extreme
  • Recoil: Very High
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Fires .50 caliber depleted Baradium slugs.
STRENGTHS
  • Extreme Stopping Power: The depleted Baradium slugs that this weapon fires hits with an extreme amount of force and energy. So much so, that a direct shot is generally able to knock down all but the heaviest humanoid targets.
  • Armor Piercing: The depleted Baradium slugs are generally able to punch through all but the thickest armors. Normal thickness durasteel plate provides very little to no resistance to the weapon. Even beskar can generally only take two or three shots from this weapon before buckling, depending on thickness.
WEAKNESSES
  • Very High Recoil: The recoil on this weapon is very high, to the point that if the weapon is held incorrectly when fired it can, and has, broken the shooter's wrist. This level of recoil also makes it difficult to aim with any accuracy beyond the personal effective range.
  • Low Ammo Capacity and Slow Reload: This weapon fires only 6 slugs at a time, the shells of each having to be physically removed and replaced, one by one, with new slugs before being able to fire again. As a result, reloading this weapon is very time consuming.
DESCRIPTION
The OXS-03 is the third semi-unique/unique prototype to be build by Obsidian Star Technologies. Only two actual pieces were built and each were given over to the customer, Lazrus Taine, along with the blueprints. Each of these weapons cost a small fortune to build and the ammunition is also extremely expensive to purchase. The OSX-03 fires six depleted baradium slugs with an average rate of fire, very high recoil and an extreme level of stopping power.

Last edited:
Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr

I do love me a good pistol, and this is a really nice one. I just wanted to bring the following to your attention before we pass this through for approval.

Ratings

As it currently exists, your gun is actually underpowered. I've included my working in the spoiler below.

Production: Semi-unique = +3
Size: Large = +1
Weight: Heavy = +1
Ammunition Capacity: Small (6) = +1
Effective Range: Personal = +1
Rate of Fire: Average = 0
Stopping Power: Extreme = -3
Recoil: Very High = -2

Total: 3+1+1+1+1-3-2= 2

As you can see you have two rating points to spare. Please let me know if you wish to keep the submission as it is or wish to amend your ratings to use up those points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom