Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Junction The Battle For Carlac | Junction of Mobus & Oorn Tchis | BotM & NIO

Ziare Dyarron | Freedom
COMPNOR (ISB) Junior Agent, Nite agent | Omni drone (only in the Netherworld)
BFC_OBJ_2.png
Objective II.: UNDERWORLD
Equipment: FS-18-UP2 Omega Phase Assault Rifle | 2x PV-16 "Sunfury" Pulse Pistol | Druetium Armour | Viper Mk. I Skinsuit | 2x Vibrodagger || Stealth field generator | G1 OmniLink
Writing with: The Mongrel The Mongrel
Allies: Konrad Harrsk Konrad Harrsk | Auria Blackmoore | Aemilio Valaar Aemilio Valaar | Michael Barran Michael Barran
mubNJ7l.png
[ Uprising ]

I think I have already hinted that I am not an assassin, this was also evident when I was shooting. Not to mention that such a weapon cannot be accurate and can't cause fatal injury from a shot if someone has proper armour. I hit the man on the shoulder, the second shot pierced the tent, and the third killed an officer. Would this be called half success? Possible?

However, I definitely declared it a success that not the whole camp tried to kill me after that, only the man started towards me. Which actually made my situation even easier. I mean, I hope so! And unfortunately, as I saw it, he even moved his shot arm. This then meant it could have been a cyber arm because I couldn’t see a shield around it and the dress was damaged. He was closer to me now, I heard what he was saying.

Shall I ruin his day by yelling to him, I have no idea who he is?! The only reason he became the target was that he seemed like a warlord. Feth! He kept firing at me, so I didn’t have a chance and opportunity to run away yet. However, now I get the time to switch the assault rifle to shotgun mode.

As he approached I had to linger and low my head down, in vain I was disguised, and he was so close… he could already see me with the naked eye. The cloaking device is only effective remotely, not up close. I could feel several of his shots hitting my armour. Although it didn’t cause me too much damage so far, I did feel the heat and it caused some burns on my skin. If I survive, I need to fix my armours and handle my injuries.

When the man got close enough, the shots probably stopped. However, before he could kill me with the blade or blades - if he had already exchanged the firearms - or shoot me so close, I didn’t have too many options left. Either he or I. So I try to take that one chance before he can kill me, so…

…when he got close, I stood up and tried to shoot him in the chest with the shotgun up close. If I fail, I'll be the one who dies…

UaaFcjP.png

The Light In The Shadows

BFC_OBJ_1.png

Allies: NIO
Enemies: BOTM | Maestus Maestus
Gear: Ligthsaber

X5Yx2PB_d.webp

ORDER

Another Maw soldier fell to the ground, a hold piercing through his chest, fresh from a saber wound.

Behind the Knight said a path of more soldiers like this one, either too confident or crazy to take on an Imperial Knight. No matter, he enjoyed eliminating these…things, and purifying the force. The planet of Carlac was already lost to the dark side, but the Maw inhabiting it could still be dealt with.

With another jab of his saber, a Maw soldier collapsed onto the ground. He wished that the people of Carlac didn’t side with the religious anarchists that were the Maw. It would make the elimination of the Sith so much simpler. But, the Knight would do what needed to be done for the preservation of the New Imperial Order.

And when you take the life of the Imperator, then you have just signed your own death warrant.

Suddenly, a presence took his mind out of the battle. There was a Sith Lord nearby, and a powerful one too. He spun around as he tried to find them. All he could see was Maw soldiers, but no blades of red. Then he saw it. Like a holotrain at the end of the tunnel, the red blade stood out against the white snow.

“Sith, you picked the wrong day to be here.”

Tilting his head to either side he cracked his neck, preparing for battle. Rotating his lightsaber in two circles, the Knight then pointed it at the Sith as a sign to duel.

Without waiting for the Sith to make the first move, Kino starting running towards them, preparing to strike. Soon another Maw soldier would be on the cold ground, with their red saber lying next to them.

“…Someone else will raise your sons and daughters.”

Arken had to admit, even for Carlac, that was cold.

The warbling voice on the communicator echoed across the dark stone walls of the fortress until at last the signal died, ripped to shreds like everything else caught up in the storm outside.

Meet the new empire,” Arken muttered, breath frosting into mist “same as the old.” One Imperator dead, another newly risen in his place. If only Sith succession was so smooth, he mused. The bluster had been expected of course, calculated even, just as all the rest of this battle had been, but something in that iron shod tenor of this Rurik Fel Rurik Fel made Arken certain that this, all of it, was more than just a show of power from the new regime. It was personal. He couldn’t think of anything more dangerous than a tyrant with something to prove, save one that felt he was doing it for the right reasons. Vengeance was a powerful catalyst for terrible atrocities, and no more so than when it masqueraded itself as justice. Thus it was that justice had come to Carlac, and with it the full military might of the Empire at its beck and call.

And here I am, freezing my bits off trying to stand in its bloody way…

Arken grimaced, scars pulled taught across his pale features as he peered down another narrow, winding corridor. It looked suspiciously like the last hundred or so other corridors. A low growl rippled out from behind chattering teeth. This wretched place, this Ice Crown Citadel, was beginning to take its toll on his patience, to say nothing of his nerves. He peered up towards the high vaulted ceiling, its details lost to the shadows that seemed almost alive and writing. Murals and epitaphs to dark deities and strange beings peppered the bleak walls, theirs eyes, even those of the Miraluka, always watching him. He found himself wary of every skittering sound, every whispering wind, every dark corner that held host to some unspeakable horror just waiting to pounce, only to discover again and again it was merely his imagination running wild with anxiety. This place had been steeped in the dark side of the force, a conduit as much as a battery, fueling the madness that now permeated these eerie stones as much as the cold did. The sith pulled his cloak tighter about him, glad for the warmth of the thick fur collar as much as he was the armor weave in lay.

It has to be around here somewhere.” He muttered to no one in particular. He could feel the pull in the air, calling out to him, yet it felt like every turn he took only carried the bloodsworn further away from his prize. In his folly the acolyte had come in search of the labyrinth that protected the dread sorcerers whipping the winds and worse outside into a frenzied flurry, only to discover he had very likely fallen into its trap long ago. Twisted, meandering pathways that led nowhere save deeper into the gullet of this unforgiving beast had obfuscated his sojourn so much that he wondered if he would ever find his way back again. Using his dagger, he slashed a x into the stone bitterly, one of countless markings left to guide him home. A hopeless endeavor it felt like, and frustration was quickly giving way to fury, but Arken used that anger to warm himself as he pressed on, deeper still. There was no glory to be had in slinking about in these tunnels, waiting for an enemy that would likely never even make it this far. There were however, many secrets hidden in this fortress, secrets of the force, of the masters that wielded it, and of the monsters that roamed in its wake. The heathen priests had promised blood and battle on this frigid rock, but Arken saw none of it in his own interpretations. All he could see was a brutal struggle for a world not his own, against people who had never done him wrong, for a cause destined to die stillborn.

Darth Caelitus, whoever this enigmatic sovereign truly was, had proven how committed he was to his sudden secession, going so far as to assassinate the leader of the Imperials himself in his very declaration of war. A bold move to say the very least. Yet, for all his supposed planning and plotting, the blind Darth had blundered into folly Arken could not respect. To invite the Maw to one’s world was to consign it to oblivion. He had opened the door, letting the beast inside, and now that it had made itself a home here it would never leave again. Whatever the master of this fortress had concocted, he would soon discover it all paled in the face of brotherhood’s endless hunger for conquest and annihilation. No mater which side won, Carlac was doomed. Yet surely, he had a plan none the less. Such Sith always believed themselves two steps ahead, and so Arken had been lured into the depths of the Crown in search of that secret, that power. He would find it, and before the war was done, claim it as his own.

A sudden gust of wind tussled at the hems of his cloak and Arken paused, shaken from his scheming. Craning his neck, he listened to the wail of it coming from down a spiraling set of steps and opted to follow it. When he at last reached the source of the gale, the young acolyte found himself staring out into the white wastes that was Carlac’s surface. The tunnel ended abruptly, emptying out alongside the fortress’s lower levels. He hadn’t even realized he’d descended so far down! Before him, a plain of ice and snow extended into distant obscurity, blanketed in the swirling vortex of the force storm that illuminated the sky into a bright and blinding canvas of sheer white.

It was a cold world.

A dead world.

A peeling lash of lightning tore open the skies for the briefest of moments as he stepped outside, straining against the buffeting wind that assailed him from every angle. Squinting against the squall, his gaze fell upon a grate at his feet, half buried in the snow. The apparent door to this strange outlet that led directly into the fortress’s heart. Was this some sort of secret escape tunnel, or a sewer run off of some kind? That would be just his luck, to be find himself in the chit. The question became why then, on the eve of such an important battle, had it been left so conspicuously open and unguarded?

Wait… What is that?

Something moved in the blizzard, a vague shape -perhaps two or more- black outlines against the backdrop of the storm, one moment there, the next lost to the tempest. His lightsaber sprang to life in his gauntlet, the sheen of crimson doing little to illuminate the gloom as he held it above his head as one would a lantern. What little had had seen of this planet had been from the window of his shuttle as Maw forces began their occupation, but he had seen enough to know nothing could survive out in the hellscape. Nothing alive in any case. After a moment’s searching in vain, he spat into the wind, abandoning the effort. Whatever it had been, it would be someone’s else’s problem. He had more important business to attend to.

With a whisk of his cloak he turned and marched back into the fortress, eager to find a fire or a warm glass of bourbon at the very least, only to freeze mid stride.

Standing there, watching him with cold, unflinching eyes from the entrance he had just come from, was one of the Perished.

j52fYuB.png

SECOND_SON
OBJECTIVE 2: UNDERWORLD
CARLAC

ALLIES (NIO): Aemilio Valaar Aemilio Valaar Konrad Harrsk Konrad Harrsk Auria Blackmoore
Keilara Kala'myr Keilara Kala'myr Amadeus Blackwood Amadeus Blackwood

ENEMIES (BOTM/NSO/KOR): Halketh Halketh The Mongrel The Mongrel Marlon Sularen Marlon Sularen
Tegan Starfall Tegan Starfall Glossa

MICHAEL'S FORCES
THE HIGHLAND BROTHERHOOD
ARGYLL COY. - INFANTRY

LARGS COY. - INFANTRY
FARRIN COY. - ENGINEERS

ISLAY COY. - ANTI-TANK

BLUE-HEART BRIGADE
220 XT-62,"CATAPHRACT" TANKS

32 SCOUT-AFV'S
10 MLV'S
(NAKAIOMA)
5 PREDATOR LAUNCH-PLATFORMS (NAKAIOMA)
1 BATT. OF GUARDSMEN
1 COY. OF MEDICS

1 COY. OF QUARTERMASTERS

THE GOLIATHS OF ILUM
40 VH-140,"GOLIATH" REPULSORTANKS (NAKAIOMA)

5 SCOUT-AFV'S

MICHAEL'S LOADOUT
PRIMARY WEAPON: VIBROSWORD CAVALRY-SABRE
SECONDARY WEAPON -
BLASTER-PISTOL
uCT7JTr.png

uCT7JTr.png

PROVING GROUND: THE WANDERER'S DEPLOYMENT TO CARLAC - PART FOUR

P6ZzgcL.jpg

Northern Srares Mountains,
Srares' Outskirts,
Carlac

'Can ye feel that, Yorunarr?'

'You're not referring to the purple hues or the drop in temperatures, are you?', the Novanian replied, looking over to the Woad for his answer as they cooled their engines atop a snowy crest, somewhere ahead of G-Company at a southwest bearing. Though the blizzard was making it somewhat difficult to get those bearings precise, the Lord-Captain and his new bodyguard knew roughly where they were, and the young Guard-Sergeant could still mark out enough of his surroundings that he could see beyond the responding negative head-shake by a hundred feet or so, though the visibility would sometimes draw even closer in the harder bursts of blizzard snowfall. Chortling to himself before continuing, the Novanian hadn't noticed the Woad's troubled reaction to this as he growled,'I wonder if this feeling in the air has psychedelic qualities, and if so.... I wish to blend a little something with it, something I should have brought with me to Ziost.', almost completely oblivious to Barran's raised, snowfall-obscured left eyebrow until he looked up to gauge the Lord-Captain's response.

gjzTZP2.jpg

'Melarria's Root is no performance-enhancer - not usually anyways. An' you'll be keepin' that back as a last resort, no exceptions.... An' do leave enough for me when you do, eh? Ah trust masel on it, but you? Heh! Mind ah don't even know you, mate. Just met you a few days ago, ya madman. Ah'll be keepin' mah eye on you, Sergeant.'

Michael knew that his presence wouldn't be welcome if Yorunarr's ancestors (or his gods) detected something about him that they didn't like, and knew that his white-eyed, white-haired acquaintance had no urge to escape to Melarran's Firmament; surmising on the spot that his bodyguard wasn't bringing himself to the Firmament to seek guidance, Yorunarr wanted to bring the Firmament to Carlac like he did on Ziost, though entirely by accident and Carlaci-Corps medical assistance. During the years of Michael's partying phase, the only experiences with the Root were simplistic experiences, though no doubt blended within the winding cycle of psychotropic and psychedelic alike, hearing only voices and seeing geometric patterns that lit across his visions with tracer-dragging residues of the shapes that dragged such effect behind them. Never once in the two times he tried it did the Wanderer find himself becoming more combat-effective with it, and with no hyperalert qualities to be detected in such experiences either, so seeing it treasured in such fashion on enemy territory felt more than bizarre, but the look in the Novanian's eyes would also incite more curiosity than confusion as the Guard-Sergeant put it back in his pocket as ordered.

'Honestly.... Lucky yer the Brigadier-General's bodyguard, Yorunarr. If you'd been Galidraani, or in any other role with the Lord-Commander's Woad-Macushla, ah'd be giein' ye the full Kynachi treatment. Even luckier that yours was the first file I read through on my way to Archais, an' speakin' of which - what possessed you, a non-force user, to fight a karkin' Darth anyways?'

ewt9SnC.jpg

Forced to recall the darkest day of his life, the white-haired bodyguard couldn't help but feel a little angry at being asked such a question from a man who wasn't even present for the Third Battle of Ziost, a man who had lost his brother to the Second also; Yorunarr had surmised that Michael had been old enough for service with the Blue-Hearts, and perhaps as far back as the early days of the Third Imperial Civil War, but was unable to properly ascertain the whys and hows in the young Lord's life-choices yet. Lord Erskine had never once tested his bodyguard in such a fashion, not even in the rather awkward recruiting-process, so in seeing the attitude towards his cultural practices, the Wanderer's strangely-infuriating way of testing the young Shaman was viewed as a beginning to a list of things that separated one Barran from the other. However, like one becoming curious with the other through subconscious concerns, Yorunarr would find himself curious with his new commander, but through the very-perceptible anger of Michael's subtle abrasiveness in contrast.

'You know why, Milord.... The wounded, Lord Erskine, Dr. Qar and Hazel needed a lifeline! But enough of that - let's move a little closer to Srares, shall we?'

'Alright then, but before we move farther in. I want an answer to one more question.', the Wanderer replied, not daring to let the Shaman off that easily, especially not after shaking off his suspicions, briefly believing that the Novanian was reporting everything back to Lord Erskine in private on the way to the Prefsbelt system. Understanding the silent, wide-eyed disapproval, Barran knew he'd been too harsh, but Michael knew he still retained the right to know what sort of man was protecting him that night. Briefly stepping away from Thistle, the Wanderer would stare out into the snowfall beyond, weighing the chances of each answer occurring before he cut his thoughts short, inquiring,'Why did you guard Lord Erskine with your life, were you not sworn to the Stormchaser before swearing to protect me at his order? An' I want nothing but the truth, Sergeant.', as he drew his sword to rest it beneath Yorunarr's chin. To the Novanian's credit, and the Woad's growing sense of relief, Michael's new bodyguard had remained unflinching as he stared down his new mentor with sincerity in his eyes; even as the blade slowly drifted closer to the Guard-Sergeant's throat, no rage or guilt could be seen in any of his responding behaviours, not even in his supremely-relaxed body language.

nMjVHZU.jpg

'Your father gave stability, purpose, and direction to my only friend in life, bestowing those same blessings on yours truly. Also because I now believe Novanians can be reconciled with humanity, as your father still believes Felism can be reconciled with the Tarkinist party.... Militant Correctivism, this will save my people, this will save Ajaya - perhaps even you too, Milord.'

PyWbzPy.png

PROVING GROUND: THE WANDERER'S DEPLOYMENT TO CARLAC - PART FIVE

PiKeUPt.jpg

Near Srares' Outskirts,
Carlac

'Good to have ya back, Padre. Been far too long.... We've all missed ya, mo Chara!'

Responding to the happily-remobilized commander of Goliath Two-Seven, Captain Phillip Brand would meet several handshakes in kind as he worked through the appreciative throng to reach Commoner-Leftenant O'Callaghan's small campfire, responding,'Likewise, as always! I never get to see the old-guard these days, let alone Hirkenburg in general, but that's peace-time talk as you'll know better than most!', with social graces still being exchanged between himself and the other Goliath crewmen in the process. Before the Imperator's suicide-bombing assassination, every last one of these men had been broken husks of the warriors they had been before the brutal battle of Trench Mountain, barely even shadows of their former selves; but in seeing them as they were in that moment, the Rooster could tell those deathly weights on their shoulders had lifted off since Lord Michael accepted their request to fight again, seeing for himself that the fires in their eyes were all finally burning as brightly as they had once before.

'Heeeeh! "Peace-time talk.", you haven't changed a single bit, have you? Maddest Sassenach in the Free-State, still!'

O'Callaghan wasn't wrong and he knew it, as it had been easier to track the progress of his colleagues in retirement, even tracking beyond Brand's famous exploits on Vjun to the madness that was Ziost 3; reading up and watching footage on everything Blue-Heart Brigade had been doing since their last battle in the snow, the Carrack would see the Chaplain's beliefs on full display in places, even seeing sheer leaps of faith that would put his life on the line every time. However, contrary to the former AFV-commander's inward assumptions on the matter, these acts of bravery only served to affirm his admiration for his Northern-Galidraani friend, effortlessly affirming O'Callaghan's choice as the right one in the end. By the time all the hands had been shaken, as everyone was getting back to their last-minute vehicle inspections, the Carrack would chuckle with delight to see that the same smiling, confident Galidraani hadn't changed one bit since they last went to war together, the same face was nodding greetings as Brand sat next to O'Callaghan for the first time in almost three years.

'Back in '64, I hated that smile - I really did, man. Honestly! And yet, after Ilum, I and others like me realized we had come to miss it after a while.... Don't change, Padre. Not for anyone, understand?'

qovScRB.jpg

'Not for anyone, old friend. But I'll only pinky-promise if you lay off with the sentimentality nonsense! Deal?', the Rooster replied before they laughed together, as if it had barely been days since they had last seen each other. As good as the implications were, both realized they'd have to lay off the brotherly behaviours until all was said and done on Carlac, and that they would both have their heads in the game for as long as they were able to continue soldiering, but it didn't stop them from shaking hands again and offering one-armed hugs with their free left hands one more time before getting to work-related matters. O'Callaghan would nod his assent as soon as the both leaned back against their VH-140 for the impending fight, letting the cold surface of their would-be ACV cool their backs a little as Phillip weighed his next words with some consideration, and his Carrack Leftenant would remain patiently silent as the wordlessness continued, knowing this night would be their last if they weren't at their best. Brand would then sit up and hunch over the small fuel-fed campfire and decide to just have out with it, leaning over and muttering,'Halketh isn't supposed to be this powerful, and the intel for the ground op looks grim for us too.... Be - alert, Gary. If you are wary, I promise God will light the way. Trust that if not me, alright?'

Amc0254.jpg

<"Barran to Goliath One! Clear to move up as far as our two officer-blips, we have- well, relatively clear eyes on the ground surrounding Srares. Plenty to see an' destroy from up here.">

'Copy that, Milord. Moving up now as ordered. Goliath One out!', the Carrack responded, almost jolted into alertness by the surprise of the loud comm-chatter from out of the blue. Standing up and pacing out a little away from the Goliath he'd be taking into battle, Gary would cup his hands to the sides of his mouth and shout,'YOU HEARD THAT TRANSMISSION, BAIZ!!!! PACK YER CHIT UP AN' FOLLOW US SOUTH!!!!', before turning back to pull his Galidraani friend to his feet in the same jolted phase of renewed vigour. Engines would woosh and splutter into life behind them, with orders being shouted back and forth between Brand's subordinates for this battle, and with the Chaplain's replacement eager for a chance to prove his worth once and for all, the two officers from Galidraan I and IV understood that their fates were once again left to greater powers. Climbing aboard after his Carrack friend, the Northern-Galidraani fellow would gaze north to the other 39 Goliaths before turning to the hatch and jumping inside, looking to O'Callaghan as he concluded,'And as for the,"Trust", matter - why not both, Padre?', smiling with faith in both friend and God alike.

'Whether it be victory or death, I would see you to that end.... Let's go.'

BFC_OBJ_1.png

Maestus Fury
Dragon Shield Talisman
Shield V1.0

ChVAW7n.png

For the moment, as she trekked across what was, in her opinion, a frozen wasteland, she pulled her hands from the sleeves of her furred insulated robes. She left the hood up for now, no sense freezing every body part until it was necessary.

As she pushed forward, her eyes were fixed on Kinoan Kinoan . Arrogant. Aggressive. Perfect. She would turn him or kill him, by all means possible. For the moment, she did not have a saber out. Not yet. She pulled the opening of her fur robes apart, revealing 3 hilts on her belt. 2 were obviously lightsabers, with only minor differences between the two. But that third was different. A tad longer than the other two, and thicker. It was this that she summoned to her waiting palm.

As Kinoan Kinoan barked out his warning, Maestus smirked. A wicked, fiery thing. The black centers of her eyes shrunk as the rings of smoldering crimson flames that encircled them began to blaze. That was the only outward sign from her as to her intent towards the Jedi. Murderous intent.

Outwardly, she projected calm, collectedness and poise. Ever the lady. But always prepared for a battle. She took a deep breath, and paused when Kinoan Kinoan charged. Utilizing her strength of will, she began to summon the Dark Side to herself. She commanded it to augment her body. Make her faster, stronger, more nimble. She could feel the vile energy pulsate in her veins.

When Kino was about 10 meters away, Maestus ignited her weapon. 9 blades of devastating red plasma shot forth. Slowly, she twirled it. The intention to show Kino she was not unfamiliar with her weapon. She knew every bit of it intimately, inside and out. After all, she built it herself.

She turned just a touch, facing Kino with a slightly sideways stance, left side forward. The light whip was held firmly but flexibly in her right hand.

What is you name, Jedi? So I may sing it upon your demise.

New_Sith_Order_Banner_Final.png

Halketh

Libertas quae sera tamen

BFC_OBJ_1.png

G R A V E N
C A E L I T U S
Dark Lord of the Sith
vestment | creation
Darth Solipsis
Rurik Fel Rurik Fel

edit_me.png

Upward through the spire, the High Warlord climbed, pausing briefly mid-stride to rest his hand on the walls encircling him, bracing himself as the towers of his home rocked and groaned with the explosive battery taking place beyond its outer wall. He drew shaky breaths, still rattled from the expense of his rite, and the invocation of the dead from beyond. Darth Bellum Darth Bellum had been the first, but he would not be the last, of that the Dark Lord had no doubt. He knew enough of the fallen Warmaster to believe fully it would not be the last time his Presence would cross his Sight, though how their inevitable power struggle would unravel, only time would tell.

Another rolling toll of thunder against the exterior wall was enough to earn a blood-soaked grimace from the miraluka, and more than plenty to urge his boots to motion once more. He darted upward, scaling the remainder of the passage, holding his balance as the war raged on. It was strange, to be a disjointed witness to it all, to be so in tune to his soldiers and creations that he felt their horrific acts, but to be far. It was something he had come to detest in a sense, being removed from the front of the conflicts he engaged with. There was something he had come to appreciate fighting alongside those he raised, an artist able to admire his work in action mayhaps, or the darkest depths of his character delighted in the carnage he was capable of.

"My Lord! A ship has crashed just beyond the courtyard! The 501st has landed within our perimeter!" The declaration echoing from down the spanning straight before him was met by a nod of his head and the straightening of his posture, a brief reprieve came with the news. They were the best the New Imperials had to offer him in counter, and in turn, they were perhaps some of the most suited candidates for his mockery of an army.

"Do not damage their bodies beyond usefulness," he answered, "pass word to the sentries to mind their fire with the turrets. I want as many of them in one piece as we can manage."

"The Lord Ex- Imperator," the man corrected himself swiftly, "is among them, leading the charge. Additionally, their fleet is still in position to fire upon our ground forces within Asoport, should I make the call?"

"I suspected as much, bleed him for what he's worth." Caelitus dismissed the obvious panic in the man's voice with a languid flick of his wrist, moving by the contingent of fortress guard to shove open the doors to the chamber he had chosen as his nest. "But do show him the same kindness as his soldiers, will you? Keep his body intact- half an Imperator is of no use to me." He nodded slowly in affirmation to the question itself, "Give the order to raise the shields over Asoport, they would be unwise to strike it from orbit with their allies entrenched there, but I do not doubt Caarlyle would stoop as low."

The ivory-clad Warlord crossed the room, counting his steps until he reached the balcony doors beyond, where he gave pause for a moment. Hands soothed the cloak gathered about his body before flicking the blood away from the edge of his collar. "And, If need be," he spoke toward the men gathered to hear his orders, "prepare the units in the labyrinth below, we may require their aid after all. Should the New Imperials gain too much ground, I would see the charges activated and the ground beneath them cave."

"Is that the wisest move? The labyrinth tunnels feed into the foundation of the fortress." One of them questioned him fearlessly, though where some of his contemporaries may have considered it insubordination, Caelitus placed the officers into their positions because he valued their input.

"They're a confident, resilient bunch, but my forces are equally. As if this home of horror need worry about their intrusion getting them anywhere," he almost snickered, tilting his head with the consideration, "if they find their way through the labyrinth with their minds intact, perhaps they're deserving of my personal intervention. Besides," clawed gauntlets grasped the handles of the balcony doors, "the undead below are far more uncivilized than those above, driven mad by the lack of food they acquire. I'm sure they would delight in the chance at fresh meat."

"It will be done then, sir." The doors far behind him were closed, leaving him.

He would not remain idle for too long, however, as those fighting below deserved a moment of his focus. The balcony doors swung outward and he stepped through, armor shielding him from the unforgiving winds he was met by at such a high elevation. Where the unnatural blizzard smothering the planet was a hindrance to the visibility of most, it impeded him none. They had wished to invade his world, he had leveled the playing field, cutting their advantages at every turn he had the opportunity to. He had created an environment of unshakable unease, blinding them with frigid darkness and trapping them beneath his heels with monsters in the darkness. It was perhaps his most unmerciful act thus far.

Daring to venture out further, Caelitus crossed the marbled balcony to place his hands on the far rail, and unbound his focus from his surroundings, casting lines out in the furious storm to gaze at those fighting in the courtyard far below. The invaders were met in full force by his soldiers, just as he anticipated, finding the resilience they had come to appreciate having on their side was far more horrific when it was on the opposite end of a conflict. They struggled to hold what little ground they had managed to gain with the might of The Perished against them and the very environment unleashing its ire upon them.

Good.

The precious energy the Warlord needed to sustain his power with flowed freely from the tumult beneath him, snaking upward to dance unnaturally amidst the razored winds- suspended by the smothering span of Dark energy present. It had nowhere to go, unable to reach its destination, it was trapped. It wouldn't be enough, what little was hung there, to restore him. He needed more. Such was his sole worry about remaining in his fortress and away from the field of battle outright, the energy he would spend would not be replenished so easily.

It was the price to pay, by his figuring. However, he would not allow what was spilled to go to waste while he merely stood by as a witness to the dedicated work at hand. From the rail his hands arose, reaching into the void of space before him. Armored digits hooked into claws, latching onto the ribbons of energy adrift in his gaze, he focused intently, leashing them to bend to his macabre desire- restoration. What was taken from his enemies was reaped and drawn upward in a twisting spiral centralized on his position, vanishing into the falling snow at his command.

Last edited:

BFC_OBJ_1.png

I M P E R A T O R
New Imperial Order
Knights of the Empire
501st Stormtrooper Legion
Iron Skin |
Lightsaber
Halketh Halketh
N5cG5gd.png

LeICTEs.gif

IN THE WAY...

Unforgiving spews of blood and gore wretched by Rurik's will crowded his vision- drawing the stark contrast of the darkened crimson of vital lifeblood against punishing argent. With both blade and hand, he carved his way into the Crown of Ice. He was unforgiving in his approach, an unfettered tide of iron. Each servitor of darkness and reanimated thrall was cut down with measured brutality. Rurik bore a truly unique means of dispatching his foes, combining a mastery of saber with the primal will inflicted by his mastery of the Force. Bones bent beneath unseen force at the swing of an opponents weapon, skulls shattered with an ethereal grip. It was trained, gruesome brutality that served to be a stark, chaotic contrast to the otherwise kept man of iron that roamed these fields of frozen death.

As he began to penetrate the frozen bulwark of Carlac's haunted heart- that continuous darkness began to permeate in the air, settling on anything and all like a tangible cancer.

Then...there was a haunting feeling unlike any other that struck Fel in the deepest core of his ego, himself. Kyber Dark. But it was not the vindication that came with the slaying of the demented by the righteous. No. It was its undoing. The spirits of the damned and the darkened returned unto this world by esoteric and dark ritual. If there was anything that ever shed Halketh's true nature into naked candidness, it was this very act. It disturbed Rurik even more- that this man would not only help inflict and facilitate the operation from which the New Imperial Order finally wrenched the putrid leach from its skin...but then make them rise again. And that they'd obey.

It was the ultimate insult, the ultimate betrayal compounded unto this sedition to those Halketh might've called comrades...or at the very least, his peers. To undo the Order's triumph...to make about their undoing. Within 24 hours of Rurik taking command, it felt as if all the New Empire's triumphs were slipping through his fingers like the forgotten ash of his kin.

But to isolate himself in the chaos, to place this weight solely on his shoulders. To bend iron until it broke...would be his undoing and in that instant realization, he registered how he would adapt, how he would overcome and how he would endure.

He'd shatter it all back to the beginning. Just as Halketh would undo Kyber Dark...Rurik would bring order back and imprison these horrid souls in the nether once more.

He'd put them back in the ground all the same. Halketh and his sycophantic freak servants and thralls were all but parasites past their due date for excision. That was perhaps the consequence of pulling too much of the lifeblood, like a bloated tick, it became easier to pluck from the flesh.

Rurik continued his storm through the halls of this haunted keep, the argent blade never still for a moment in a fluid dervish with his crushing force- the mastery of pain and its regulation through his mortal form only gave him in the instinctive insight of how to undo these automatons of flesh.

He could feel himself growing closer to the crown of ice, the seat of power to this traitor lord. Though he was now Imperator, he would still fulfill his role as Lord Executor as it traditionally had been held by both himself and the late Vaulkhar Vaulkhar . To be the greatest champion of the New Order...and to sever the head from the snake.

He had a sense of the shatterpoint, that it would be Halketh himself. No doubt, this event came from his own will and summoning. Thus- he'd find that inherent fizzure and split it again. He continued to bathe the halls of his keep with the blood of the Perished, each violent pass of his blade drawing him closer to his mark.

It was moment of unavoidable, grueling fate.

Rurik knew he was waiting.

Halketh knew he was coming for him.

Soon, he began the climb...to the Crown. Soon, he'd draw upon this traitor and cut him down...shatter the darkness he created.

BFC_OBJ_2.png

nioplate.png

Objective II: Underworld
Storm Commando Team 'Cresh'

Allies: NIO, and those associated
Enemies: BotM, and all associated with them
Relevant Tags: The Mongrel The Mongrel | Keilara Kala'myr Keilara Kala'myr

X5Yx2PB.png
Asoport city burns. It burns, it stinks, and it rages with war and chaos - a perfect storm for single squads to get lost in the midst of. Stepping away from their low-flying transport was one of those squads, garbed in heavy, powered Tenebrae commando armor. Internally, Ranoc admired the winterized urban camouflage they carried far more than the typical gunmetal gray that most commando teams were issued. He also adored the scent filtration systems; he couldn't tell how many times he had stepped over rotting, freshly killed (or re-killed, if such a word is real) corpses that had fought for the city's outskirts. These thoughts were swiftly squashed down by the Cathar as he and team Cresh finally started slinking into the alleys and through ruined buildings, skirting around the larger areas of fighting for the time being.

After some time spent trucking on through the ruins, weapons fire - closer and louder than the rest - barked of in the distance. A fist snaps up in that dark alley just a mere two blocks from a half-botched assassination attempt, then flattens out and lowers to the ground. Ranoc, and all five of his accompanying team members, shift behind rubble and trash like near-silent shadows.

"Cresh-5, Cresh-6," he begins over their encrypted communications, his voice muted so that not a sound could be heard. As he starts going through possible approaches to the blaster fire, his helmeted noggin shifts up to the half-ruined buildings around him. Just as he starts to give his orders again a mere second later, a waypoint comes to life on his - and his team's, by extension - HUD within a hotel, rising easily eight stories above the Brotherhood camp to it's south, roughly one block away. "Take up over watch positions there. Ready modules as you see fit."

The order is acknowledged with a ping by either of their HUD signals, rather than verbal orders. Two of the dark-clad commandos start making their way to said hotel, Viperwasps raised and scanning over every window, rubble pile, and doorway as they move along the alley walls. Given the nature of urban warfare, they'd all entered the city with infrared sights flipped on in their helmets; it'd remain as such, until such a time where it was no longer a viable option. Hopefully, there'd be no need for anything more than vambrace-mounted knuckle vibroknives to take out patrols. Blasters were loud, after all.

While he waits for his two commandos to reach the top floor, he quickly checks over his own vambrace knives; coated in blood, from that one patrol they couldn't simply sneak around. It was a good thing there was only four of them; it was relatively easy to dispatch the four militia fighters. "Tell me what you see when you reach the sixth floor. I'll request information on other possibly friendlies in the AO."

They were relatively far from the front lines, and were uninformed of other infiltrating forces. So... just who, exactly, was causing a ruckus with the enemy?

BFC_OBJ_2.png

Objective: Problems
Equipment: Mind Crown | Black MidNight Duster with Hood | Echani shield suit | Grav Boots | Eltro Life Gloves | x4 red lightsabers | Defender | Forearm Lanvorak | Wrist Laser | x2 FWG-5 Flechette Smart Pistol | Boomer | X4 Daggers | Pack of Death sticks | Various Explosives on person and in backpack | Holopad
Allies: The Mongrel The Mongrel | Marlon Sularen Marlon Sularen
Enemies: Auria Blackmoore | Konrad Harrsk Konrad Harrsk | Michael Barran Michael Barran | Keilara Kala'myr Keilara Kala'myr | Aemilio Valaar Aemilio Valaar
Special Tags: Auria Blackmoore | Konrad Harrsk Konrad Harrsk | Open to More

Tegan eyebrow raised as she held the sergeant at bay after telling him he should surrender. The Soldiers in the area seemed to back away and move out away from the area. That was new to her, having her demands met on the first try. In fact, it never happened that her demands were met, people and shadow creatures all seemed to underestimate the threat she held. That was her life story make demands get laughed at and then she would have to cause carnage to make her point. The crazy little lady can’t be serious she is harmless, then Tegan would show just how harmless she was. This didn’t feel right, it was all wrong to the game she played. Normally she would get made cause people didn’t take her demands seriously now for perhaps the first time she was get angry that she didn’t get to slaughter them all.

They backed away and began to open fire on nearby building, how dare a stupid building upstage her. That fire was meant for her, she let the sergeant go, how ran back to regroup with his men that Tegan didn’t get to slaughter. Her sulfuric orange eyes were watching the soldiers open fire on an unmovable object when from there lines came a soldier who put his pistol away and pulled out a sword and began his Charge on her from the direction the sergeant was now turning and running towards. The the sergeant and new combatant crossed paths, but Tegan eyes were firmly on the newcomer. She looked him a creepy smile replaced the anger on the blooded smear skull painted face of hers.

“THE FOREPLAY BEGINS!”

She screamed as his sword came up over head, Tegan caught the briefest glimpse of the sword as it quickly moved song, she reckoned by the shine of it. Tegan herself though heavily armed didn’t go for a weapon. She could have easily and swiftly reached for her FWG and got a round maybe two off before he even reached her, but she didn’t. She could have launched a volley of Lightning, but she didn’t, none of those were particular Tegan taste she liked to play with her food. Granted her go to play would have been to pose the question of validity and morality of such an attack on her person. But these were not Jedi she was dealing with that made the game a bit more challenging.

The blade turned in towards her chest for its strike, and it bit into her jacket as she jumped back, and side rolled to her left and away trying to put s a small bit of distance between her and her attacker. As she did the sword that had just bit into, the chest of her Jacket sliced across it against her movement. She knew the attacker would not let up the distance was just a small reprieve from the next onslaught. She was thankful for her duster Jacket though she knew the armor underneath probably would have protected her well enough the Jacket was specifically designed with stabs from swords and knives in mind. Though she didn’t want to rely on its protection to heavily that would have been foolish but for the first strike at least it held up.

As Tegan rolled away to the left, she seemingly cocky like placed her arms behind her back. Her Orange eyes burning with Fury as she stared at her attacker, steam came from her mouth on exhale as hot air ignited with the cold air frozen air of the world. Tegan’s the fingers of hand of the arms placed behind back began to move frantically and purple magical aura began to dance and crackle around her black nails sharpened to points. She was about to launch her attack before Konrad could press on her, however as she did the ground began to rumble and sake as the building near them began to collapse from explosives that had been ignited by the other witch.

The Chaos and destruction it caused did fuel Tegan even more but it also through her off her guard for a moment and cause her to stumble back a bit more. Leaving her open once more to attack as she lost her concentration on the spell she was casting. Everything on this world gave her the home field advantage and yet she fumbled the ball in the opening. She cursed herself as she quickly tried to pull it together knowing that her enemies were coming. “Frak”

BFC_OBJ_2.png

Allies: Tegan Starfall Tegan Starfall
Foes: Keilara Kala'myr Keilara Kala'myr | Konrad Harrsk Konrad Harrsk | Auria Blackmoore | Aemilio Valaar Aemilio Valaar | Ranoc Sar Ranoc Sar

The infiltrator kept her head down as The Mongrel advanced, trying to take cover against his wild onslaught of blasterfire - just as he'd hoped. Some of his shots still hit home, scorching the surface of her armor, though they didn't seem to cause her any major injury. That armor was clearly a sophisticated piece of technology, not only protecting her but cloaking her position. It certainly explained how she'd managed to slip past the Mawite and Carlaci patrols roaming the city; he'd only been able to spot her by thermal detection, and only after her blaster had fired.

The Mongrel had encountered stealth tech like this before; there had been a particularly troublesome Mandalorian he'd tangled with in Chiss space who'd worn similar armor. What he knew from that experience was that the cloaking tech was excellent for a mobile sniper, keeping the wearer hidden from a distance as long as they stayed moving to hide their position after firing a shot, but it wouldn't be too much of a problem once he closed in to melee range. Of course, that was how he preferred to decide his battles anyway. He liked to smell the blood of an enemy as he spilled it.

The Mongrel reached the assassin's position, looming over her cover. Holstering his pistol, he raised his warblade two-handed for a heavy swing, intending to cut her in two. It was only when he felt the impact, and heard the crack of the slugthrower, that he realized her weapon wasn't just a blaster rifle. The shotgun tore into his chest at point-blank range, a killing blow to any ordinary man. The heavy pellets shredded his breastplate almost as if the armor wasn't there, then sank messily into the flesh beneath. A spray of blood spurted from the wound, painting the snow red.

The force of the shot drove The Mongrel several paces back... but, incredibly, he remained standing. The shotgun pellets had made short work of his durasteel chestplate, but there was a deeper defense. Years earlier, during the conquest of Mar'Zambul, a Gundanbard mace had crushed the warlord's rib cage. It had been rebuilt with more metal than bone, a huge internal armor plate over his organs. The shotgun pellets, already slowed by his outer armor, had failed to penetrate that ribcage. The pain of the injury, shredding his soft tissues, was immense... but he stood.

Behind him, bodyguards and command staff began to advance, ready to intervene by surrounding the bold infiltrator and shooting her dead... but The Mongrel waved them back. He was taking this challenge personally, and wanted no interruptions. First he had to get rid of that shotgun before it fired again; he couldn't take two of those brutal blasts at close range and expect to survive. With a snarl of agony and fury, he swung his heavy broadsword at the barrel of his enemy's weapon, using his cybernetic strength in an effort to cut the weapon in half and tear it from his foe's grip.
In the chaos, the warlord was unaware of the NIO special ops squad infiltrating so close to his position, though he would not have been surprised to find more spies and assassins roaming the city after this first attack. Ranoc Sar Ranoc Sar 's commandos would find that their progress to the upper floors of the building overlooking the Mawite camp was not so easy as they'd hoped; Mawite warriors had wisely garrisoned all of the buildings surrounding the square in which they'd set up their command tent. Before they reached the sixth floor, they would find their way heavily blocked...

... by Tarar Warband squads on overwatch.

-------------------------------------
Speaking of the Tarar, those at the monorail terminus suddenly found themselves fighting on two fronts; their efforts to keep Aemilio Valaar Aemilio Valaar 's troops pinned down were complicated when Konrad Harrsk Konrad Harrsk 's soldiers brought the fight to them directly. That was distracting, forcing enough of them to turn their fire against the newcomers that Valaar's decision to make a break for it wasn't an immediate death sentence... but the NIO troops were still charging through a plasma barrage, fired by warriors from an elevated position against men running across an open street.

If they didn't even take a scratch, they were truly blessed.

The repeater also opened up on the rooftop, chewing through the edge of the building itself as it sought to drive back the attackers from above. Its impressive firepower maimed many of the Tarar, even with the upward angle forcing it to fire blind through the duracrete as the Mawites fell back into cover. That firepower also drew the fire of every warband member it wasn't currently shooting, dozens of men with plasma rifles opening fire from windows and rooftops on the single gun, a barrage from many different angles. Without heavy shielding or divine intervention, well...

That lone, immobile gun was going to get melted.

The Tarar had no defense against witchcraft, however. When, a moment later, Auria Blackmoore's fireball slammed into the building, the little ambush came to a brutal end. Most of those caught in the blast didn't even have time to scream, turned to ash faster than they could feel their flesh melt. The unlucky ones flailed for a few brief seconds as the flames consumed them. Streams of fire ignited the sabotage charges, and Carlac's famous monorail suddenly suffered a service disruption of truly epic proportions. The track exploded, throwing superheated debris everywhere...

Including right at the formerly-Mawite building.

In one last act of anthropomorphized revenge, the hotel that the bulk of the now-dead Tarar had been firing from shuddered on its foundations. A huge chunk of monorail had struck it with considerable force, and that was after a good chunk of it had been left molten and weakened by the barrage of heavy repeater fire and pyromancy. With a groaning wail of cracking duracrete and tearing durasteel supports, the entire structure teetered... and fell, collapsing into the street. A huge wave of duracrete dust billowed outward, forming a choking, blinding cloud as Tegan Starfall Tegan Starfall 's duel began.

How many had been crushed? Hard to say yet.

Glossa

G
BFC_OBJ_2.png
Allies: BoTM ( Marlon Sularen Marlon Sularen )
Enemies: NIO ( Michael Barran Michael Barran )
Unit Support: Scavenged CKI “City Breaker” (2) │ Scavenged 74-Z Speeder BikesMarauder AspirantsScav KingsTarar Warband
Objective: Defend the City Breakers
Direct Engagement: Michael Barran Michael Barran

A battle for the Avatars.

The Dark Gods would revel in the violence, death, and cleansing which would transpire over that snowy night. In her eyes, the fierce, preternatural storm brewing across Carlac was a symbol of their fervor and excitement. It was a premonition of purification, the scent of smoke on the breeze before the arrival of a raging wildfire, burning every lifeform in its path until naught but the most tenacious were left to flourish in the aftermath.

Even before the bloodshed began, the stench of death and decay lingered in the air, emanating from the rotting, armored bodies of the Perished, shambling with an uncanny degree of discipline and precision towards the forward lines. Such sorcery and arcane necromancy was beyond the scope of her mortal mind. As such, Ilglossa was wary of them. Unfortunately, the Brotherhood forces along the outskirts of Srares were in no position to turn away the aid of the dead, not with massive columns of Galidraani armor bearing down on them, blooded from the snowy battlefields of Ziost, Csilla, Ilum, Helgard, and yet more over the course of the Third Imperial Civil War.

The reputation of the Blue Hearts preceded them, as undisputed masters of the ice.

In contrast, the marauder forces arrayed outside Srares, reinforced by the formidable 439th Legion under Marlon Sularen, were a mishmash of tribes and warbands equipped with mostly scavenged gear, which were often in fierce competition with each other. As a slave-soldier Aspirant, Ilglossa was unaffiliated, having not yet earned her place in a tribe or warband. She still needed to prove that she could survive on her own, amidst countless other Aspirants vying for blood and glory.

This battle would be a crucible.

Positioned near one of the City Breakers, Ilglossa watched in awe as the massive mobile fortress roared to life, its armored hull bristling with weapons, in addition to skulls and other trophies of war. A chant immediately broke out among the Aspirants around it, of which Ilglossa eagerly lended her voice to as the City Breaker fired off its first salvo of concussion missiles, targeting the advancing column of Goliath tanks in the far distance.

“War! Death! Rebirth!”

Ziare Dyarron | Freedom
COMPNOR (ISB) Junior Agent, Nite agent | Omni drone (only in the Netherworld)
BFC_OBJ_2.png
Objective II.: UNDERWORLD
Equipment: FS-18-UP2 Omega Phase Assault Rifle | 2x PV-16 "Sunfury" Pulse Pistol | Druetium Armour | Viper Mk. I Skinsuit | 2x Vibrodagger || Stealth field generator | G1 OmniLink
Writing with: The Mongrel The Mongrel
Allies: Konrad Harrsk Konrad Harrsk | Auria Blackmoore | Aemilio Valaar Aemilio Valaar | Michael Barran Michael Barran
mubNJ7l.png
[ Uprising ]

~ Let it work! Let it work! Let it work! Let it work! ~ I said to myself.

I didn’t really have time to see who or what this man was, but by the time he got to me, he already had a war blade in his hands instead of the firearms. I pulled the trigger the moment the man wanted to hit me. I wasn’t used to such battles, so I even exclaimed in surprise and startle. Like I said, I'm not an assassin. Due to the recoil of the rifle, I had to take a step backwards. My camouflage ceased, it fell off, deactivated.

My green eyes widened in fear and surprise, both emotions appeared on my face. I looked at the man with a face like I would see a ghost. He did not die! That was the slightest problem at the moment, for the man had not fallen. He was still on his feet! He stood and breathed. I heard the rumble of my blood in my ears, my heart pounding in my throat; I felt a drop of cold sweat slip along the line of my spine despite the frosty cold.

"What kind of devilish creature are you?!" I wanted to shout, but I could only make a hoarse whisper, the voice trembling. I think I was trembling too, not just my voice.

They haven't prepared me for that yet, absolutely not! I stepped back with trembling legs when I saw others moving towards me, but the man stopped them. My orchid/pink colour hair was blown into my face by the cold wind, every single breath I took was visible in the air because of the cold. This was well above the level I had to deal with at home or in training. Would he have been a Force User?

One more shot, one more shot! It would have been very easy if I hadn’t been in a near-shock state because the man was still on his feet. I still had a shot opportunity before I had to put another slugs into the magazine. When the man swung toward me with the war blade, I tried to pull the trigger so I could shoot him in the chest once more. However, I no longer had the opportunity to do so.

The moment I would have pulled the trigger, his weapon reached mine. Everything happened in an instant; I have no idea if my rifle was damaged or what happened, but I felt the very strong pain in my wrist that caused me a painful shout and then I heard the assault rifle tapped on the ground and slide away from me on the icy ground and I fell to my knees due the strength of the hit.

My gun holder's right hand ached, I could barely move my wrist, but maybe I'll be able to pull a dagger if he comes close. I snarled up at the man, contempt, disgust, and defiance dancing in my green eyes. I don’t deny that I was scared, but I won’t give my life cheaply.

"Come on! What are you waiting for? Come and finish what you started! Or maybe you would be a coward?" I snarled and teased him; I was hoping he would come close, it would be a much better option than when I had to shoot him.

UaaFcjP.png

Last edited:

Lyra Vent

L

BFC_OBJ_1.png

R A V E N
COMPNOR
NEW IMPERIAL ORDER
CROWN OF ICE | CARLAC
ALLIES: NIO | Cromwell Cromwell | Chelenne Akaris Chelenne Akaris
ENEMIES: BOTM/NEW SITH ORDER | Darth Senthral Darth Senthral
ENGAGING: Darth Tennacus Darth Tennacus
GEAR: E-1 Carlaci Corps Armour (stolen) | Shield hidden in vambrace | Side-arm | Rotary cannon | Standard cybernetics | Standard Grenade loadout | Vibroknife

N5cG5gd.png

SOLDIERS

The spectre spoke.

It took all Lyra's self control not to just shoot at shadows out of hatred. Instead, the cyborg listened to the venom the snake spat out. What did catch the Raven's attention, however, was when the spectre mused about her being more valuable than he thought. She kept her mouth shut, however, as the spectre decided to dissipate.

If she had not been trained as she had, the eeriness of the situation would have made the little bit of skin she had, crawl. Luckily goosebumps weren't a thing and she stood her ground as the Sith's voice came up behind her, sounding more solid this time around. She turned slowly to face the tall man that had materialised in the living realm.

And then he dared to try and recruit a Phrik wall.

Lyra let out a snort, but her moss green eyes narrowed at the Sith.
"You are bold to think I'll give you a choice in the matter, Slug." she told him. "My death would be my own." She had her directive if she was ever captured beyond the point of escape or extraction. No Sith would ever get their hands on what she held in her memory or use her body in any way to further their cause. And she would stick by it.

She had the Sith to thank for the loss of more than half her body after all.

The line had been drawn.

Lyra noticed the blaster move in her direction.
"Impressive." she said sarcastically. And then she rolled out of the way of the line of fire. Rolling into crouching position, she had the shield up and fired a blast at the Sith from over the shield.

Expecting the blast to be parried easily by the lightsaber, Lyra was already on her feet and moving. But instead of moving to the side and away, she moved in, rushing the Sith Lord with cybernetic-induced speed. Keeping the shield up, she fired off a few more modified disruptor blasts at point blank, hoping one would stick.

It would seem as if she was aiming to smash into her opponent, but at the last second, Lyra used the frozen ground to drop down low on a knee and slide past him, keeping her head down behind the shield as she did so.

The Raven slid back on her feet right behind the man, putting the strength of a cybernetic shoulder behind the shield and aiming to bash the Sith in the back to throw him off balance. She would then move back shortly after, firing a few more shots for good measure.
"It would be a hellish day on Hoth before I bow to someone like you." she said, holstering her side-arm momentarily, but keeping the shield deployed.

BFC_OBJ_2.png

Objective II: Underworld
Storm Commando Team 'Cresh'

Allies: NIO, and those associated
Enemies: BotM, and all associated with them
Relevant Tags: The Mongrel The Mongrel The Mongrel The Mongrel | Keilara Kala'myr Keilara Kala'myr Keilara Kala'myr Keilara Kala'myr
X5Yx2PB.png

"Cresh-1, hostile presence confirmed in the sixth floor. Please advise," came the eventual highlight through Ranoc's helmet communications. Multiple squad-sized groups were all throughout that floor - extremely steep numbers, even for the commandos. Lifeform sensors had fortunately confirmed this for them before they'd even fully emerged on the fifth floor, for now preventing any overwhelming engagement. For a heartbeat, the Cathar cursed his luck and this traitorous world in his head, then he got right to work.

Rising up, he snapped off a multitude of hand signals after pinging those three commandos still with him. They begin to shuffle into said building as well, rising up to the fourth floor with Cresh-5 and Cresh-6. With the building apparently being clear up to to fifth floor, they took the safe route and stuck firmly to the fourth floor. No verbal communication was used, by this point; even the slightest murmuring through their helmets wasn't a risk they'd take.

Thank the stars for hand signals. After taking a quick survey of their room - some sort of break room for employees, including various tables for card games and eating - he shot a hand out to either of the two entrances. Two commandos per door to keep watch, taking cover behind various overturned tables and kept at an angle from the door. The fifth underling still left, Cresh-6, was signaled to take up his sniper attachment and keep overwatch over the clearing, remaining in the shadows behind a window. Ranoc himself, meanwhile, looked the clearing over -

That's a lot of life signs. That is a lot of life signs, and there could be no telling how many more of those undead abominations were roaming. Updates from command had told him of one Junior Agent Dyarron performing their own advance reconnaissance and assassination. With the sounds of fighting, it sounds like that's been botched - but there's simply no way he's taking his singular squad against what has to be a battalion-sized garrison, at the least. No amount of advanced armor and high explosives would do more than delay the inevitable overwhelming, and letting the confirmed Brotherhood forces get their hands on something as advanced as their commando armor was simply unacceptable.

Thus began the withdraw. As silently as they approached and entered that building, Ranoc ordered them to depart. One by one they started shuffling downstairs, with one constantly posted at the back to watch the steps behind them. Meanwhile, Ranoc looked over a summary of nearby Imperial elements.

The 501st? That's a blessing, come his thoughts. A quick checking of his HUD's Internal Overlay Display revealed his coordinates, as well as those of the Maw's camp nearby. Then he opened up communications with those of the legion in charge of artillery. "Cresh-1 to Battery Zerek, requesting fire support. Transferring you to Cresh-3."

As Cresh-3 begins rattling off details for the battery to target and fire on, Ranoc reached out to the nearest ISB signal that he could communicate with; Agent Ziare, hopefully. "Junior Agent, Cresh-1 of Commando Team Cresh. Disengage and find hard cover ASAP, the Mawite camp is being targeted by missile artillery. Recommend minimum distance of one hundred meters from target area. Over."
X5Yx2PB.png

Meanwhile, a little over three kilometers away in a forward operating base outside the city limits, a singular missile platform begins priming incendiary and airburst warheads in it's missile carriages. It'll be a couple minutes longer before they're ready to fire, and perhaps a minute longer for splash-down. But the call has been made, and Team Cresh is making like birds and fleeing the area.

" Avernus Avernus , I know you linger still. Come forth, return to me, take my strength so that you may have your vengeance."

Oh, how the worm turns.

Words of power smote the dimensional binds that separated living from dead, corporeal from incorporeal, and monopresence from omnipresence. Ethereal filaments shattered like glass. A million spirits wailed lamentations for a fracture in the fabric they would never reach in time. A million more seized the opportunity. Built atop a foundation of a thousand kneeling souls, a golden throne of skulls pedestaled the specter of opulence. From it, he stood, beating the million would-be-usurpers to the other side.

Sickening radiance filled the chamber from the point of Avernus' restoration. A light as brilliant as it was nauseating, an illumination too parlous to ever be mistaken as anything but sinister. Almost as suddenly as it erupted, it glimmered down to a bearable glow. Thinly stretched lips parted an evil, ecstatic grin as the eccentric risen stared at his own open hands. Joyus cackling pierced momentary silence, releasing an old reserve of pent up energies. One originally meant to slay Lyra 'Sybila' Voikryt Lyra 'Sybila' Voikryt in his final moments. The runoff shook the obsidian chamber with an acoustic quake. It rained stones.

Even a resurrection complete with structural damage didn't top his most dramatic entrance. Death had made his showmanship begin to stale. No matter, it would return, he hadn't stagnated yet. Why, he'd only just been born, and had never felt fresher. Once the intoxication of forced unlife had taken its initial course, Avernus finally took stock of his surroundings. A familiar blindfold stared just shy of directly at him. That thin-lipped grin returned, pointed at the visibly unwitting man formerly known as Halketh.

"Kezec, you-"

" The next time you believe yourself to possess the will or authority to command me shall be your last.
You only continue to draw breath in summoning my presence to your aid because I believe you to be a useful tool.
Do not forget that... "​

"Talk. About. Ungrateful." Avernus laughed again, although this time his voice was thankfully absent of earth-shaking frequencies. Was that any way to treat your ressurector? Big Money was devoid of foul attitudes for the moment. There was no high like being alive now that he knew the alternative. Though, deep down, he felt some criticism welling about how long it took. No number of cults could manage in years what the Mirialan could in moments. Was the point of having people worship you if you couldn't live forever?

For the laughs, if nothing else.

"My Lord! A ship has crashed just beyond the courtyard! The 501st has landed within our perimeter!"
"The Lord Ex- Imperator is among them, leading the charge."

The conversation between Kezec and his underling continued as if he were merely a fly on the wall, or perhaps even more fittingly, a ghost. Avernus checked himself. Once more he possessed corporeal form, yet remained something beyond. Something physical, yet unbound by the same euclidian and metaphysical rules of the living. An avatar of himself, just a half-step down from the real thing.

How many 501st would it take to quench that incompleteness?

Darth Avernus followed the necromancer to the balcony, talking through his old friend's extertion.

"So Big Irv finally ate it?"

A knowing smile manifested across his face. "Oh, Kezec. Not only do you avenge me, but you go through all this trouble so I can draw breath once more?" Avernus hadn't actually deluded himself with this conclusion. Facetiousness was a crucial part of the game. "I'm flattered, so I'll bite on the favor I owe you."

Pause. Silence. Mischief.

"What would you have me do?"

j52fYuB.png

SECOND_SON
OBJECTIVE 2: UNDERWORLD
CARLAC

ALLIES (NIO): Aemilio Valaar Aemilio Valaar Konrad Harrsk Konrad Harrsk Auria Blackmoore
Keilara Kala'myr Keilara Kala'myr Amadeus Blackwood Amadeus Blackwood Ranoc Sar Ranoc Sar

ENEMIES (BOTM/NSO/KOR): Halketh Halketh The Mongrel The Mongrel Marlon Sularen Marlon Sularen
Tegan Starfall Tegan Starfall Glossa

MICHAEL'S FORCES
THE HIGHLAND BROTHERHOOD
ARGYLL COY. - INFANTRY

LARGS COY. - INFANTRY
FARRIN COY. - ENGINEERS

ISLAY COY. - ANTI-TANK

BLUE-HEART BRIGADE
220 XT-62,"CATAPHRACT" TANKS

32 SCOUT-AFV'S
10 MLV'S
(NAKAIOMA)
5 PREDATOR LAUNCH-PLATFORMS (NAKAIOMA)
1 COY. OF GUARDSMEN
1 COY. OF MEDICS

1 COY. OF QUARTERMASTERS

THE GOLIATHS OF ILUM
40 VH-140,"GOLIATH" REPULSORTANKS (NAKAIOMA)

5 SCOUT-AFV'S

MICHAEL'S LOADOUT
PRIMARY WEAPON: VIBROSWORD CAVALRY-SABRE
SECONDARY WEAPON:
BLASTER-PISTOL
uCT7JTr.png

uCT7JTr.png

PROVING GROUND: THE WANDERER'S DEPLOYMENT TO CARLAC - PART SIX

0DVcydM.jpg

Srares' Outskirts,
Carlac

<"Proost to Cairn One! Southwest and Southeast corridors covered, moving in the other half to see if anything wants to flank us early. Not sure what the Goliaths are saying to it though, haven't heard from Brand for about an hour so far. Last thing he said to me was, and I quote exactly,"Trust in God, Arman.", and I'm not so sure I like the tone with which he said it.... Any orders or intel for us, Milord?">

'Hit the city's northern outskirts with incendiaries for now, Cataphract One. Nothing new intel-wise, Cairn One out!', the young Lord responded, impatient to see more of the city, even if it meant setting some parts of it ablaze. Barran had every intention of making good use of his infantry, but in order to know if it was suicide or not to send them, in order to know if it was necessary to lead the assault, he needed Srares to burn like kindling. Knowing it would be easier to see through water than it would be to see through snow, a far-spanning rise in temperature from a wide, singular concentrated perimeter would eventually be enough to help partially eradicate the blizzard-obscured view of the city beyond. Unfortunately for the New-Imperials on the ground, the map-blueprints of the three largest cities had been deleted down to a point in time, the pre-Miraluka years, proving only to be of half-use to the Lord-Captain's planning process. All three of the locations under siege, especially the Carlaci metropolis of Srares, had either grown over or had grown beyond the old cities that either crumbled or became historic districts as a result, making all the new additions present a multitude of individual challenges on their way to the deep urban-centres.

Amc0254.jpg

As the bombardments began, Lord Michael would begin to see exactly how much Srares had grown with years Imperial and Mawite assistance, noting that despite Halketh's failings as an Imperial, the Miraluka was proving to be no slouch in the art of ambitious governance. Not only had the city grown itself a considerably-large collection of smaller suburban districts, but the growth in infrastructure, industry and defence capabilities was also there to be seen. Yet still only in part, due to the weather conditions and the smoke-plumes that added to the obscuring of the view beyond, though the first fires would die out and give way to others farther away in a slow; overlapping process that would reveal a battered-and-beaten Srares', little by little. Revealing a fortified wall encompassing the entire outer boundary of the suburban and industrial outskirts, the XT-62s had been thumping against a surface that was several metres thick, and possibly thicker due to the snow and ice making for a soft surface that killed the shelling impact at their terminal-velocity points, forcing a a few segments of the siege-lines to readjust their smoothbore inclines to send their incendiaries where they were expected to make more of a difference.

KNucnDj.jpg

Turning north to gaze on the White Crescent mountains where their command-centres were put together, Barran decided to hurry things along a little bit, pacing back downhill a little before turning back to Yorunarr, tapping on his left ear twice in a signal to the Novanian who watched on curiously as he lifted his comm-device to make another play. Michael then inhaled the cold winter air through his nostrils before beginning, taking stock of the intensifying weather conditions as the urge to use the artillery-pieces took hold, shouting,'Barran to QM One! Lets give these Mawites a taste of our missile array, but we only need one twenty-second barrage to clear the way! One klick north of our current-position, creep that barrage forward another klick if need be! GO FOR IT!!!', as he braced for the arcing display of frightening firepower, fully intending to let his eyes follow the trajectory of the first missiles as they traced over to the northern defences. Both the Woad and the Novanian knew they were in for an awe-inspiring show of firepower, so all they would do is remain silent as they waited for the confirming transmission and the subsequent barrage, anticipating the mayhem with smirks on their faces, caring not if the missiles were effective or not.

<"Archer to Cairn One! Better make it thirty if the tanks aren't leaving a dent yet, just leave this one with me. We have plenty ammunition for the op, distributed about the place so we don't have any unwelcome cache-explosions but not too far that we can't be quick enough to get what's required between barrages. In any case, we'll take datapad-message coordinates from here on in..... Watch this, Milord. QM One out!">

PkycTBp.jpg

The rockets from the MLVs would go off first, unleashing hellfire on the city's northern walls, and all the entrenchments nearest to it, a mauling to open proceedings in their assault on Srares. Within moments however, the Predator Launch-Platforms would dwarf the rockets in loudness, jet stream width, and the resulting explosions that would take chunks out of the fortified obstructions barring their view of the suburbs and industrial estates beyond. Shockwaves, rock-fragments, shrapnel and all sorts of destruction would rain on the city's first northern line of defence, and the Wanderer couldn't help but take stock of the fact the city's first defensive action had been in vain, dying whilst being completely unable to organise themselves for retaliation in time, slaughtered like cattle for a Baron who led their people astray. Michael did not want to embody such a man that night, not whilst he was in charge of a contingent who deserved deaths more meaningful than those he was ordering on the besieged Carlaci, which reminded Barran of the last transmission he received from, kicking in late as he also recalled what Proost had said about his own,"Last transmission from Brand".
Promised Brand I wouldn't interfere, an' I'm keepin' ti that promise. The others aren't owed explanations on the matter.

PyWbzPy.png

PROVING GROUND: THE WANDERER'S DEPLOYMENT TO CARLAC - PART SEVEN

WGpRWHW.jpg

Near Srares' Outskirts,
Carlac

'Whatever's gawn on doun south, it's getting a little stranger as time passes. Jus' sayin', sir.'

Feeney had taken position at the southern lookout ridge, switching out for Baird after he returned to keep the scouting troops briefed on the situation as it progressed, though the young Lance-Corporal would find himself being relieved in a state of peak wariness in contrast, being forced to watch the creeping purple glow of the mist beyond approaching as he sat there and scanned the trees around him with the SA-65's fitted scope-sights. To the young Ewelarne Highlander's relief, the Guard-Captain would return to the same post to check in on his favoured replacement non-com, understanding the lad had similar potential to his own in the early days of his service with Blue-Heart Battalion, and being ever so curious as to what changes had occurred since Feeney was sent to man the makeshift, poorly-concealed southern lookout station. Even after all the stories that Feeney had been told of the Blue-Hearts' exploits, hearing of the sheer weight of the horrors they had to overcome, Rhone's exalted prodigy knew the young Highlander would see this experience as something frighteningly new, almost feeling that jittery apprehension right there with his latest addition to the non-commissioned caste.

N2aFivd.jpg

'Aye, an' we're still t'hear fae Eclipse Company an'aw. Word fae Barran is that they intend to approach fae the south, so they should be passin' through this way.... But on Carlac, anything can happen. New ti the likes o' yersel, new t'me an'aw.'

Kneeling down to the lad's right-hand side, Ryan chose to calm his subordinate's mind by levelling with him, going against the regimented instilment of heightened alertness for just a little while in saying,'I know ye think I'm some sort of gifted warrior who can survive anything, an' while I am a survivor.... Bear in mind I wasn't much older than you are now when Bastion 2 was thrown at us, an' most still agree that you're doin' better now than I did back then. Food for thought.', as his eyes scanned the horizon ahead. Baird was hoping it might help in the long-run, but understood the glaringly obvious condition would be for Feeney to survive the battle first, so the young Guard-Captain opted not to lecture any further, wishing not to overcook his temporary kindness while he was still alive to express it properly. There was a perfect middle-ground where just enough focus could be found that Feeney could drop out to make calmer, calculated decisions in the moment, and Baird knew that it was when his subordinates where in such a state that they were the most receptive to commands, behaviours the Guard-Captain had instilled in others on multiple occasions before, though it was obvious it wouldn't be so easy on Carlaci soil.

5JsMQb0.jpg

'Aye, fair point! In fact, now that you mention it, the others ay'ways did say yer the youngest Guard-Captain in Free-State history. I just never knew ye were even younger than the others imply, sir.... Quite the insight, must be said.'

Happy to see the lad of eighteen years receptive to instructions once more, the twenty-three year old Guard-Captain was about to remind his own prodigy that he was capable of much more than the likes of Kevan Rhone and himself when the distant echo of a snapping twig sent the serenity crashing down around him, and as both SA-65s pointed downhill through the trees, Baird could hear a lengthy, loud inhalation-and-exhalation through the Lance-Corporal's nostrils to his left. 'Haud yer fire, Feeney. I'll take the lead on this one.', Baird muttered almost instinctively, almost compulsively blurting out his response in reaction to both the twig-snapping and the fearfully harsh intakes of air alike. Looking through his own scope-sight, Baird would slowly rise from his prone position to reveal his silhouette to the southern approach at a single-knee crouch, keeping his rifle shouldered perfectly in every step of the change in shooting-stance; then, slapping Feeney's shoulder, Baird silently ordered him to cover their entire left flank, gesturing open-palmed guidance in a two-point signal from front to back in that general leftward direction.

'HALT!!! IMPERATOR!!! I REPEAT - IMPERATOR!!!'

'HOLD YOUR FIRE!!!!', the responding voice yelled back from a position downhill that wasn't visible to the alerted Woad-born duo, remaining as such until they heard the fitting response from the heavy-footed distant figure with the rough Northern-Galidraani accent. Although they were waiting for a few seconds, those few seconds felt like an eternity was passing before the Highlander's very eyes, and when Baird quickly looked left once more, he couldn't help but but smirk at the good fortune of seeing that Feeney wasn't cracking under the pressure yet. Though they didn't know it yet, the men of Guardian Company were moments away from linking up with Amadeus Blackwood's very own Eclipse Company, but the stress levels would only continue to rise until the fellow in the distance finally roared,'IT'S,"TAVLAR", INNIT?!?!?!', to put the Woad-born duo's minds at a much-needed ease. The resulting emotion, however, would be irritation in both cases, seeing Baird and Feeney grit their teeth at how close they had come to a friendly-fire incident, a curse that neither Guardian nor Eclipse company wanted to be the originators of.

*'Amadan.... Ghabh e an ùine fuilteach aige, nach do rinn?', the Guard-Captain grumbled under-breath, sniggering when the Lance-Corporal started wheezing mirthfully, but trying to cut his laughter short so he could properly address the Galidraani soldier waiting downhill. Safety-catches would then be applied, routinely returning their index fingers to rest across the rims of their trigger guards, the Woads would then drop their barrels and let the undersides of their stocks rest against the same shoulders they were previously pushed up against. As soon as both were ready to receive friendlies, cursory nods would be traded before Baird stood up first, finding it easier on account of the fact he was already up in a kneeling position when they opted to get to their feet, yet Feeney was still quick enough to be standing almost an instant after him. Clearing his throat to shout again, the Guard-Captain quietly sniggered once more but controlled himself enough to bellow,'MATE, WE ALMOST FIRED ON YOU!!!! HONESTLY, THAT KARKIN' PAUSE, MINN!!!! WHIT YE PLAYIN' AT?!?!?!?!', as a reflection of how annoyed he had been just moments before.

'GET KARKED, MATE!!!! WE'RE THE ONES WITH THE DROP ON YOU LOT, SO DON'T GO GETTIN' IT THE WRONG WAY AROUND!!!! FETHING WOAD-BORN PLEBS, THE PAIR O' YA!!!'

**'Idiot.... Took his bloody time, did he not?'

Last edited:

ChVAW7n.png

New_Sith_Order_Banner_Final.png

Objective I: Siege the Crown
Affiliation: Brotherhood of the Maw
Equipment: Lightsabers, 2 (Tenacious & Viscious)
Allies (present with him): Darth Senthral Darth Senthral
Enemies: Lyra Vent

An unfortunate, yet expected set of words. Tennacus scanned her in the brief moment of silence before the conflict arose. She may not have been susceptible to the Force, but the Sith was. Through it, he could identify some things about her. Not who she was, but how she was. What made her her, and how that might benefit Tennacus in the battle to come. There was good reason for his intentions to study her closer, should this battle conclude in his favour. His childhood came not with the opportunity others had; while others were playing with weapons he was building them. Whilst other kids had come down with viral infections that attacked their senses, he was in his room producing it. A product of an esteemed, privileged and determined family, Tennacus had become a prodigy to which alchemy and engineering were but second nature. A dangerous concoction of knowledge and power when infused with the offerings of the Force.

She had made her move, and now Tennacus had to return his.

Her calculative data was on point with its initial percentage of him responding with a parry. The crimson 'saber flipped around to deflect the blast, erupting a small explosion of elements which were swept away with the following motion of his blade. A multitude of swivelling manoeuvres deflected the following attempts to hit him amidst her barrage towards him, but Tennacus had not adjusted his footing an inch to counter her. His intent was to conjure up the Force to bring her to a sudden halt, but it appeared that she had ducked to swerve straight past him, allowing him an opportunity to let his gloved fingers brush against the metallic elements of her shoulder. It appeared that manipulation of the Force had not gone to waste, after all.

Perhaps she would find out soon enough.

Only when she moved behind him amidst her skid did the Sith turn and change his footing to allow his gaze to return upon her. Her movements were fast - some might say dangerous - but his calmed demeanour had not been faulted by her second charge upon him. Whatever was going through his mind, the Sith remained in his discretion. More befuddling in regard to his behaviour, he did nothing to prevent her metallic shoulder slamming itself upon him, to which the Sith, made up of merely flesh and bone, was hurled back, skidding along the ice and snow as the lightsaber danced wildly like a propelling blade to deflect those other attempts to hit him. The shoulder impacted by her shove brought a consequence to his arm. Something felt like it had fractured, yet the Sith exuded no expression of pain. His dull gaze remained upon her, the muffled breaths beneath his respiratory unit as docile as ever. His wounded limb had dropped to dangle motionlessly at his side. His shoulder swivelled; something cracked; his breaths changed for a fleeting moment.

Still, his arm was not moving.

". . . Impressive," he calmly started. "Your kinetic responses are certainly something. Had the Force not been revolving around me, I might have lost entire function of my arm until a surgical droid could assess it." His eyes moved to inspect his shoulder beneath his coat. "I'd say I have about ten minutes before I can move it without strain. That gives us time to evaluate the situation."

Tennacus straightened his posture, letting the crown of his lightsaber hiss against the melting snow beside him. Most of his focus was still maintained in the Force, hence his lack of physical motions. His earlier concentration to turn into a manipulation of energy to suspend her before him had been distributed towards another intent. Now he was about to see if it had fell entirely into fruition.

Her shield started to fault, or might have triggered an anomaly in its circuitry. It was still functional, but it strained to ignite if she attempted it, almost as if something was trying to counteract its functions. "Have your memory units ever contained the data of something known as Mechu-Deru? I would imagine not; it is not a trait many would know about, especially in your line of work." The Force was weighing itself further upon her, like a sudden, heaving anchor growing denser over her shoulder. More specifically, where he had touched her. Where the concentration of Force had left his fingers and transferred itself onto her metallic plates. Now, that very Force was attempting to interfere with her weaponry. Reducing the amount of power flowing within the wiring, attempting to shut it down completely. He assumed she might have had countermeasures to foreign agents invading her circuitry, and he was attempting to find the source of that at the given time, too. Most of his focus was set on removing entire control of her offensive weaponry, thus transferring its control to himself. He still preferred not having to haul her back in a bag full of detached limbs.

"It's a horrible technique to have to endure. I've seen many a cyborg and droid grow utterly distressed over its interference with their primary functions. The likes of Technobeasts hail from such twisted formations of power, but I have no need for entirely mindless intelligences. But maybe I will need to speed up the process."

Tennacus could still not move his arm, but he was able to rotate his wrist to direct the inner side of his fingers and curl them into a half-efforted claw. The Force erupted itself from his digits, releasing a surge of luminous blue streaks which whipped and lashed across the snow, attempting to strike her and disrupt the mechanics of her installations - perhaps burn out a few fuses in the process.

Halketh

Libertas quae sera tamen

BFC_OBJ_1.png

V E N D E T T A
C A E L I T U S
Dark Lord of the Sith
vestment | creation
Darth Solipsis
Rurik Fel Rurik Fel

edit_me.png

Strength coursed through his veins, rushing between the fried synapses of his mind to further weave the reality he glimpsed through proverbially rosy lenses. It wasn't until this silent reap reached its finale that he allowed his hands to drop by his sides, and at last, he acknowledged the partial Presence of the old friend haunting him. His head turned in Avernus Avernus 's direction and at first, he said nothing, merely chasing the silent breaths clouding the air before his blood-stained face. Yet, he managed the words, all the same, his graveled tone uplifted by the company he had longed for over the dwindling years. "Brother," he spoke with lips curling upward to tug his mustache along with them, "there is not much I would have spared to endure the pain of your presence once more." He chuckled dryly, the sound lost and odd with the raging chaos screaming through the blizzard conditions enveloping the specter and his summoner. "Long I know you've waited, as have I, biding the time until I could emerge from the periphery and sweep the board."

His eyeless face turned away, focused on the void of color and life stretching out into the sky before them. "I have kept busy. There is much for you to catch up on, and such sparse time for me to tell you." The Lord of Carnage shifted his posture, allowing himself to relax somewhat in the presence of his friend, loosening the tension in his shoulders and hips to draw into a comfortable slouch. He brought his helm forward, tapping the clawed tips of his armored fingers along the curved edges with his continuation: "Irveric Tavlar is dead, I killed him." The usual indifference he spoke with in his monotone returned, though strangely, there seemed to be a pang of guilt resonating the in the rear of the spoken word. A lone mallet striking a distant bell, it tolled loud and true for one who was keen to hear it. "I have lorded this world for years now, seen it through war, led it through unbelievable grief, and all I wished for my people was the freedom they've earned the right for, tch." He scoffed at his own idyllic daydream briefly, knowing full well The Lord of Opulence would expose him to the same, "And it is as you always suspected with me anyway, I just fucking hate order." It was enough to make him laugh outright and rake a hand back through his silvering strands, brushing them from his features as the wind fought back.

He paused briefly, twisting his head as ephemeral senses piqued with alarm, raising the hair pressed into the nape of his neck and chilling his bones with impending dread. Between his eyeless sockets, his brows pinched together, creasing the fading crimson of his blindfold.
"Rurik Fel comes to slay me in vengeance for Tavlar's assassination. Quite the compliment, truly." The High Warlord turned his face back upon the flickering specter, "I have ferried you from your rest Beyond so that you may do as you always have done; enjoy yourself. Revel in the carnage. Design your own. Make yourself whole again. Take back what's yours. Toy with them for as long as you wish, or stand by me as I face The Iron Imperator- the choice is yours, I'm merely your tether, not your ruler, you know that."

He would reach out then, resting his hand upon the wraith's shoulder as impossible as it seemed, and offered him a gentle squeeze. "It is good to see you again, my friend. I should hope to make a habit of it when this battle is finished." A pearly smile flashed briefly, such a strange, alien expression on a face that normally served only apathy and wicked intention. "Your apprentice deserves a raucous scolding, we can do that after I finish scraping the New Imperial corpses up off my streets and hosing their blood off my walls."

The Dark Lord pivoted, ducking his head briefly to secure his helmet back into place, and approached the balcony doors once more. "He's close now, all broken and unfettered inside; exposed for what lies beneath the armor. What a curious parallel." He ventured forth, filling the dark, empty chamber with the echoing thud of his plated boots. "One can't help but marvel at the irony of it all; I wonder if he does it on purpose."

Where his foe had become a whirling dervish of rage and righteous zeal, the Lord of Carnage was a still lake, glassy and smooth without a ripple to be seen glossing its surface. He was steady as he took poise in the center of the circular, marbled chamber, masked in part by the long shadows cast from the windows as dancing red illuminated the sky beyond. Barely, ambient light filled the room, casting an ominous, bloody stain across the polished white and golden surfaces. From beyond the double doors sealing him away, he heard the shouting choir of his men outside as they postured defensively to counter The Imperator's wrathful charge to no avail.

They were never meant to stop him, no, the Lord of Carnage knew better than that.

Merely he barred The Man of Iron's path to expose his vulnerabilities as he grew closer; that blinding fury aimed solely at him only emerged more and more with each passing stroke of the sanctimonious blade.

Slowly, the restraint of ages unwound itself, tumbling from Kezec's shoulders as layers peeled away, unraveling to expose the unadulterated power he had concealed through groomed discipline. His intention had never been clear, his level of intensity even less so. A deep, twisted perversion lingered from his frame, something which was not meant to be borne by any one man. It was predatory malice, the same that had cost him his mind and heart, preying upon his humanity until but a hollow shell of a man remained in his place; a shadow cursed to walk in the flesh of a man who could have been great.

The shadows in the room lengthened.

A chill swept through the corridor, razored dread cast from mere Presence alone. It would seep into veins through the skin, ravenously devouring courage and strength with an insatiable hunger. Each soul that lived within the flesh of the Dark Lord rasped in writhing throe, becoming tangible in brief flickering moments, where ghastly, uncanny faces appeared to hover about him. And at last, with the final thread split asunder, apparitions manifested, standing to occupy the space beside him in solemn silence.

His dead, rotting Master.

His dead, mangled Apprentice.

The countless score of soldiers he had feasted upon to satisfy the craving for the unobtainable.

There was no measure to them, how they flickered and danced in and out of intangibility, their painful cries heard as clearly as the thunder beyond the room. His haunting was brought to bear.

A hand grasped the gilded hilt of the accursed blade, at last, drawing it from its slumber to roll about in his grip.

The doors swung inward, thrust apart by inhuman strength, flying backward to smash into the walls framing them with a resounding crash of will made manifest.

In the stillness of the room, the Dark Lord stood in the centermost point, eyeless helmet fixed forward upon the entry where his foe occupied. Across his Sight, that blinding fury was all-consuming, swallowing up the Darkness invoked around it, banishing it to the fringes. It was to be a test of resolve, then.

"Ahh... at last, the answer to the question I asked you so long ago..." The Divine tolled, his voice punctuated by the layered echo provided by his helmet, "your bleeding heart can't lie."

Last edited:
in service to the state

BFC_OBJ_1.png

OBJECTIVE I | SIEGE THE CROWN
NOT FAR FROM THE CROWN OF ICE

The unbearable weight of snow pressed against him like a vise intent on grinding all of his bones to dust. A few ribs had snapped initially and now they threatened to poke an organ or two. His helmet had shut down over his mouth, shifting his oxygen intake to borrow from the small tank in his armor. Short breaths turning his head light and his vision blurring on each borrowed second that passed.

This was not the worst.

No.

The worst was the snow had pressed him down just enough that he couldn't reach for his comms and shut them down. Instead, in the last moments of his life, Avenger had to listen to Chelenne's endless blabbering. All of it. He envied her nonchalant demeanor. Not just now, but always. She always seemed relaxed, no matter what. A black hole opens up on Generis and her mind's wondering what lingerie should she buy on her next shopping. Varian was the complete antithesis of her existence; intense, purposeful, mission comes first.

<"Wait did you crash?!"> Chelenne spat the question out in shock, finding it awfully hard to believe the man who seemed to do just about everything right had managed to botch a landing,

He simply grumbled back at the question, "Just hurry." she was never going to forget this crash and was most definitely not going to forget pulling him out of his coffin for the next century. Why? Because Chelenne Akaris was the pettiest sentient being in the galaxy.

<"Oops, I'm sorry, didn't mean to step on you,"> she didn't sound sorry.

And she never did anything by incident. Anything.

The sound of crunched snow grew louder and not long after light finally punched through into his encasing, Chelenne's hand striking the hardened armor; he felt his hand wobble as the weight began to abate and he snapped an armored glove above what would've been his early grave. His body followed immediately after, sharply rising back to his feet with all the aches that came with it. Towering over the Zeltron, he glared at her. She had done her job, her duty. Expressing a gratitude would make this personal, when it wasn't; it was her responsibility as a comrade--

Ah, what the hell.

"Thanks." grumbled Avenger, certain she had a hidden tape somewhere recording this. If they came back from Carlac alive, he was sure he'd have the tape in his mailbox. Sealed with lipstick.

The cold gales flogging his armor took his attention away from the thought of her pettiness and back to the daunting task ahead. The tempest had grown stronger, angrier even, as if it nature itself lashed out against the Imperials.

But this was not nature.

This was the machination of a mad man. A bloodhound unleashed to the galaxy.

He had to be stopped. Starting with this storm.

"The storm - we need to find its source and stop it." he stated and strode forward, leading the way towards the grim castle of ice ahead. He could barely make out its walls of glacier from the storm. "The bishops always start next to the king. They ought to be inside the fortress behind a thousand pawns." remarked Avenger coarsely; not all pawns were undead. Some were men and women lured to his false cause.

Switching to infrared vision, he briefly halted in place - a lone figure painted in red stood out clearly in the cold blue canvas.

"Target." if the enemy was not equipped with similiar gear, both Imperials could use the cover of the storm to ambush him. "Go from his left, Nighthawk, I'll take the right." he snapped his head back to her, "We don't kill." he reminded her dryly before disappearing ahead. If all went by plan (it never did with Chelenne), they would strike at the lone figure from both sides. He clenched his fists engaging the shock lattices of his crushgaunts.

We don't kill.

"You still believe they deserve to live, Avenger?"

Cornelius' words echoed at the back of his head.

ALLIES | NIO | Chelenne Akaris Chelenne Akaris
ENEMIES | MAW | Arken Rhau Arken Rhau

BFC_OBJ_2.png

Allies: Tegan Starfall Tegan Starfall
Foes: Keilara Kala'myr Keilara Kala'myr | Konrad Harrsk Konrad Harrsk | Auria Blackmoore | Aemilio Valaar Aemilio Valaar | Ranoc Sar Ranoc Sar

Adrenaline surged through The Mongrel as he moved forward, shunting the pain out of his mind for the moment. In the heat of battle he could ignore wounds that would agonize him later, when his tribe's organic mechanics tended to his ruined flesh. Of course, it wasn't just adrenaline. Automatic injectors within his mechanically-enhanced body were pumping stimms into his bloodstream, chemicals to keep him upright and focused despite his injuries. They would slow internal bleeding and begin to repair damaged tissue, allowing him to stay in the fight despite his wound.

"What kind of devilish creature are you?!" The Mongrel could smell the little assassin's fear, and he grinned behind his dented durasteel mask. Even though his torso was ripped and bleeding, even though his breastplate had been obliterated by the power of the close-range shotgun blast, he was still coming. Of course that would inspire terror! He was not truly immortal, and was in fact quite close to death at that very moment, but he didn't let it show. "I am metal and flesh made one," he told her. "I am the beast's savage power joined with the machine's cold perfection." The Mongrel embodied his tribe, embracing his base animal instincts - and enhancing himself with cybernetics to add to that strength.

The Warlord's chest muscles were damaged, an injury that would have crippled an ordinary man's swing even if it hadn't killed him outright... but his cybernetic arms were powerful on their own, and did not rely overmuch on his organic body. The heavy blow he unleashed on the infiltrator's shotgun tore the weapon from her hands before she could hit him with a second shot - a shot that would certainly have killed even the hardy Mongrel. The gun flew aside, sliding over the ice of the alleyway, and the force of the blow drove the assassin to her knees. Was it over so quickly?

Standing over her, The Mongrel breathed hard, the sound oddly distorted as it came through the speakers of his metallic mask. The severity of the injury was beginning to catch up with him. Would there be any way to repair the flesh of his chest this time, or would he be doomed to put synthetic skin over his metal ribs, stripping away a little more of his fading humanity? There was no time to worry about that now. He had to finish this before his adrenaline and stimm injections wore off, and he had to get back to commanding the battle. Raising his warblade, he stalked forward.

"You would know cowardice well, wouldn't you, little shadow-killer?" The Mongrel asked, stalking forward. He would finish this up close, taking her head as a warning to other would-be infiltrators. "You hide in the shadows, attacking from ambush, trying to kill by surprise instead of in a fair fight... and you have the gall to call me cowardly?" He laughed, a low, cruel chuckle that boomed out of his mask's speakers like the grinding of an earthquake. "Give my regards to the other hypocrites I've sent to the afterlife." He raised his blade, about to slash down at her.

If she didn't do something, it'd be a killing stroke...

No one in the Mawite camp yet knew that there were other infiltrators, doing something they would deem even more cowardly: typing in missile coordinates and then running away, so that their long-range machines could do the fighting they didn't dare to. Artillery disgusted the warriors of the Maw, for it took all the bravery and martial skill out of war; it was why the Brotherhood didn't field any. But if the NIO was willing to destroy the heart of Asoport from a distance, they would have to react to that... though they wouldn't know until their sensors picked up the launch.

Provided the missiles could make it through the storm, of course. The skies were Force-induced chaos, grounding all aircraft due to the shifting wind, snow, and lightning. It would take strong engines and thrusters indeed - and many midair course adjustments - for the warheads to ever get close to their targets...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom