Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Strill Securities 'Davaab' Vuhyr'yaliyr Ramikade Squad

Shuklaar Kyrdol

CEO of Breshig War Forge Consolidated

y43pnZR.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Unit Name: 'Davaab' Vuhyr'yaliyr Ramikade Squad.
  • Affiliation: Strill Securities, contracted to the CIS.
  • Classification: Special Forces.
  • Description: Vuhyr'yalilyr Rammikade generally wear dark colored armor and give an outward appearance of being ruthless, cold, efficient Mandalorian commandos. To those who have the fortune or misfortune of being connected to their comms, it is apparent that many a time the professionalism gives way to the more than occasional joke and inappropriate ill-timed comment about their current situation, objective or target. Quick, quiet and efficient is their preferred method, but the 'Night Hunters' are no strangers to going loud when the situation calls for it. The men and women who serve in Vuhyr'yalilyr Rammikade squads are some of the very best soldiers Strill Securities has to offer. Davaab are no different.
COMBAT INFORMATION:
Strengths:
  • Elite Commandos: Adding onto the training that all Mandalorians receive prior to their verd'goten is three years of some of the harshest training that any Mandalorian unit receives. They're trained to ensure that they're the best of the best, and Vuhyr'yalilyr units spend two years after that serving with a veteran unit to ensure that they're the best. There are no Vuhyr'yalilyr units that are 'green'.
  • Nigh On Superhuman: The 'Rammikad' implant that all commandos receive enhances their natural physical prowess to several times what is naturally possible, and this is only augmented by the CNT muscle fibres in their armor's undersuit.
  • Best Equipment: These commandos are equipped with the very best that Breshig War Forge has in terms of equipment. They want for nothing as far as equipment is concerned.
  • Stealthy: These commandos are experts at putting their highly advanced stealth equipment, natural skills and elite training to become extremely difficult to detect, making them a nightmare for enemy forces to deal with even if their presence is known.
Weaknesses:
  • Support: While they're able to engage a variety of threats on their own, without support to deal with enemy armor, aircraft and massed infantry formations, a Vuhy'yalilyr team on their own is sure to be wiped out, even if they take much of their enemy with them.
  • On Our Own: Vuhy'yalilyr units don't often have the luxury of friendly units to support them, meaning they have to be careful about when and how they decide to engage the enemy or go about their objective. One wrong move could spell the end.
  • Supplies: Only able to use what they carry with them, Vuhy'yalilyr units don't have the luxury of wasting any of their precious supplies on a poorly thought out engagement. Davaab squad isn't an exception to this rule.
  • Loyal to the End: The unit's loyalty can be a detriment. Though they have been trained and conditioned to act with tact if one of their own is killed or captured, the call of the bonds of loyalty forged in battle are usually stronger, even for an elite unit like this. This can lead to desperate rescues if one of their own is captured, or a defiant last stand if too many of them are injured to be able to withdraw.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
Davaab squad have been serving together for the better part of a decade, ever since ramikad training intake for all but one of them. Like many Mandalorian units, the squad's more akin to extended family than colleagues, and are fiercely protective of one another all while making ribbing the haran out of each other for the slightest mistake. Over their long and storied career, the unit has trusted Saram's instincts and leadership throughout their numerous deployments, whether during the Mandalore sector tensions, the invasion that followed or during the course of the CIS contract.
During the invasion of Breshig, the unit fought numerous delaying actions against the invading Sith forces and the Mandalorians that had allied with them, and were on one of the last gunships out as the Sith made landfall on Breshig itself. Davaab's quick actions kept things from getting out of hand many a time as they jumped from shadow port to shadow port during their withdrawal from the system. Additionally, Davaab squad has served in almost all of the company's major deployments with the CIS and has served with a wide variety of units that serve with the CIS.
The unit has proved on numerous occasions through their actions why they're one of the best of the best, and have a well-deserved reputation and are well known by other units of the company.

Last edited:
Under Review Shuklaar Kyrdol Shuklaar Kyrdol

Another heavily-armed elite CIS Mandalorian commando squad? This is getting out of hand. Now there are two of them!

Broadly, this submission looks good. The benefit of having subbed pretty all the equipment yourself is that you don't need to ask for permission to use it. There's just one thing that has me a little worried. The "We Happy Few" weakness states that "there aren't very many Vuhy'yalilyr units". This unit is marked as Unique production, which is why they can use all of these high-power Semi-Unique bits of kit. The description of the weakness, however, implies that there is more than one of these units.

I recognize that this is one particular squad, but the wording of that weakness kind of flies in the face of the Unique designation and its benefits. Weaknesses for this sub should be specific to this squad, so I would either change that wording a bit or swap that weakness out for a different one. More broadly, I hope this isn't becoming a way to pass out a whole bunch of Semi-Unique equipment across a whole bunch of forces. Semi-Unique kit is supposed to be for a small group of characters only. Two of these elite squads? Fine. Ten? Pushing it.

I'll approve this after the minor wording change / weakness swap, but let's not make too many maximum-equipment elite forces, or they'll basically total up to something other than Small and Unique for equipment usage purposes.

Shuklaar Kyrdol

CEO of Breshig War Forge Consolidated
The Mongrel The Mongrel Apologies, I was half brain-dead when I was writing this. That should be fixed now. I replaced the weakness entirely with something more fitting.

Only one of the equipment listed there's semi-unique and that's the armor, which the two units don't have in common. One's for the pilot/commandos/Mando Rogue Squadron and the other's for top performing commando units.

Also, I should clarify, because I realize that looks odd, but the idea is to show that the entire array of the company's kit can be requisitioned for use by the unit, not to say they run in carrying literally everything there. Because that would be incredibly stupid as you pointed out earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom