Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory Second Chance Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Second Chance Request

PGXtr5q.png

As per the Factory Standardized rules, if your submission has been denied and you feel it has been done so unfairly, you may request a second chance by completing the form below. You may also request a second chance at any point during the active judgement process if you feel you have reasonable evidence of judge bias or believe your submission is receiving an otherwise unfair judgement.

Once submitted, please tag the Factory Admin
. The Factory Staff will then discuss and assess your request accordingly. If successful, you will be assigned an independent judge and the process will begin anew. You may not request a specific judge. Please also be aware that submissions that are denied on Second Chance are final denials and may not be submitted again. This includes second chances denied in this thread.

Any attempt to abuse this function or otherwise mislead will result in a minimum 30 day ban from the Factory.

PGXtr5q.png

SECOND CHANCE TEMPLATE
Submission Name:
Link to Submission:
Reason for Second Chance:

Last edited by a moderator:
Submission Name: Azrael, The End
Link to Submission: Here.
Reason for Second Chance: With new factory rules of 'abuse it and lose it', I'd like the chance to make this sword something I can use in Roleplay; just because it was always one of the most interesting ideas I had for a sith sword.

Submission Name: ATX-19K Thandarian Hyperspace Cannon
Link to Submission: x
Reason for Second Chance: I believe that I can make the proper balancing adjustments (primarily taking away its ability to completely ignore shield systems) to make it viable for the factory.

Runi Verin

Two pounds shy of a bomb.
Apologies for the delay. I've updated the opening post to include a section on tagging the Factory Admin when making a request, just to help ensure someone is notified when these are going in.

Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean
The 'abuse and lose' rule has actually always been a cornerstone of the factory, we're just a lot more relaxed on our other regulations than historic incarnations have been. That said, I unfortunately feel that the denial will need to remain in place on that one. I feel the concerns highlighted in the submission by the former Factory Staff are still valid.

Alban Roble Alban Roble

I'm going to decline this request as well. The core concept of a weapon firing something through hyperspace, while not without canonical precedent, is wildly overpowered. Given that this is the basis of the sub, I feel you'd be best suited to approaching a new submission in a different manner altogether.

Sumbission name: The Star Scepter
Link to Sub: Stick.
Reason: I dont need a stick to do a force Storm. Thus your reasons are beyond stupid. Not only do I give you a way to break it, I give you it while it being literally a stick you can break with a lightsaber.

Mythos Mythos | Runi Verin Runi Verin

Upon reviewing the submission I will be upholding the denial and declining your second chance request.

I don't see any way to make this weapon not be a handheld superweapon. This spear would allow the release of a nigh-unstoppable force storm at any time and in any location. The sheer size of the storm conjured would class this as a superweapon if nothing else. To further enhance the storm by saying it can only be stopped by destroying the staff or separating it from its user makes this weapon unstoppable.

Furthermore, as an alchemized artefact it would naturally have a resistance to lightsabers, since this is one of the core tenants of Sith Alchemy.

I also wish to draw your attention to the language used in this second chance request. Calling the reasoning of any member of site staff 'stupid' is rude and grounds for denial of your request in its own right. All staff are volunteers, giving their precious free time to help run this site and speaking to them in this manner is simply not acceptable.

Oh I'm sorry. It appears I angered the Cliq again.

And wasnt it a rule that says if it has powers it cant be lightsaber resistant? I remember my previous thingamabob got denied because of that?

Either way, See ya in a month Blue Falcons

Runi Verin

Two pounds shy of a bomb.
I'm not even going to hide or delete this post. Not only do I think it serves as a perfect example of how not to comport yourself whilst making this kind of request., but also how to get yourself a factory ban in the process.

In this instance, when coupled with additional unwarranted and wholly misguided outbursts, this has become an open ended extension on a pre-existing ban.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

SECOND CHANCE TEMPLATE
Submission Name: Penumbra
Link to Submission: Here.

I'd like a second chance on this submission for a simple reason - there wasn't actually a discussion with me on rebalancing it, or a chance to response to the critique. It wasn't made to be a superweapon in any capacity, and was almost entirely a flavor based redesign of any other 'unique' proton beam cannon on almost every SSD available on the site as is. Look at the Behemoth's Isotope-5 beam cannon, as an example. Were it just the fact it went through shields, I could easily remove that, or were it almost anything else, I wouldn't mind. At its core, its just a force fueled SSD cannon - and the rationale for how it works doesn't make it any stronger, functionally, than anything else; it just does it in a different way.

Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean

After discussing this with Factory Staff I am going to allow this submission to give you a chance to adjust the submission and make your case. However, at the current time this is a superweapon and will need to be scaled back significantly in order to pass approval.

Submission Name: Bryn'adûl | Errindak Conquester
Link to Submission: https://www.starwarsrp.net/threads/brynadûl-errindak-conquester.130025/
Reason for Second Chance: Was denied subsequently by ban, not due to a problem with the sub itself.

Submission Name: Bryn'adûl | Security Measures
Link to Submission: https://www.starwarsrp.net/threads/brynadûl-security-measures.130734/
Reason for Second Chance: Was denied subsequently by ban, not due to a problem with the sub itself.

Submission Name: Bryn'adûl | Errindak Orbital Enforcer
Link to Submission: https://www.starwarsrp.net/threads/brynadûl-errindak-orbital-enforcer.134162/

Submission Name: Bryn'adûl | Reinforcement Mutagen 2A
Link to Submission: https://www.starwarsrp.net/threads/brynadûl-reinforcement-mutagen-2a.131960/
Reason for Second Chance: Was denied subsequently by ban, needs to be reworked/reworded to some extent.

Submission Name: Bryn'adûl | Reinforcement Mutagen 1A
Link to Submission: https://www.starwarsrp.net/threads/brynadûl-superior-reinforcement-mutagen-1a.131959/
Reason for Second Chance: Was denied subsequently by ban, needs to be reworked/reworded to some extent.

Submission Name: Bryn'adûl | Secondary Processor Mutagen
Link to Submission: https://www.starwarsrp.net/threads/brynadûl-secondary-processor-mutagen.131961/

SECOND CHANCE TEMPLATE
Submission Name: KC-6M303 'Perdition' F-SpAr Cannon
Link to Submission: https://www.starwarsrp.net/threads/kc-6m303-perdition-f-spar-cannon.134943/

I would like this submission to be given a second chance, as at its core, it is essentially an EMP gun with added flavor, precautions having been taken to insure that it can not be a superweapon. The idea behind this weapon was to give the opponent something new and unique to play with, beyond the usual "X damage taken to deck 15", allowing for very flexible and creative effects if the weapon scores a successful hit. I have addressed every concern regarding balance and fairness and I do not believe the reason I was given for the denial is valid, as the majority of the factory relies on people making up their own things, most of which would fall apart under a close scientific examination. This submission simply takes things already existing in the Star Wars universe and puts a new spin on it, based on esoteric and highly speculative science such as altering the properties of particles, partly to add some unique flavor to it and partly to insure that it can not be misused and turned into a superweapon. The reason I am making this argument is that I believe that if the fluff which makes it unique simply had not been included, this submission would have likely been approved without issues.

Edit: To further add to my argument, I would like to point out that the submission using hypermatter to create a beam of fictional particles called "conditioned tachyons" with custom properties and abilities is fundamentally no different than the creation of a custom material by processing an already existing substance. The vast majority of custom material submissions with unique or unusual properties rely on speculative and made-up science.

Last edited:
Kainan Wolfe Kainan Wolfe | John Locke John Locke

Greetings,

I have been asked to handle this 2nd Chance. Having read the submission, the reply chain, and your request thoroughly there are a few things I would like to point out before we continue so that we can begin on the same page.

1.) As this submission is currently written, language included, it is a superweapon. Make no mistake on that. Your intent sounds noble and interesting from the way you describe it here, which I appreciate, but that does not carry through in what is currently written for the Perdition. That is the reason this submission was denied. Because even with your last round of edits, it is still a superweapon. The junk-science/real-world science that you've depicted, unintentionally I suspect, is actually being used to justify the function and effects of a superweapon, while claiming that it isn't the case.​
I just want to be clear. The submission wasn't denied simply for having pseudo-science in it. That's 99% of Star Wars.​
2.) Neither the Factory nor the Codex operate on precedent in any form. Please, keep that in mind.​
3.) Correcting this submission will not be possible without massive edits on your part. In doing so, I am afraid, that it may change the submission quite drastically from what you had initially intended.​

I'm making you aware of these points because as it states at the top of the thread, a submission that gets denied on a second chance is final. That's it. If we cannot find an acceptable solution you will not be able to request that it be second chanced again.

All that being said—I am inclined to grant your 2nd Chance request if you would still like to go forward with it.

Please tag me to let me know what you have decided.

Thank you!

Srina Talon Srina Talon Thanks for the feedback. What elements of it are still making it a superweapon? This was not brought up after John Locke John Locke raised concerns about the FTL properties of tachyons, something that I initially missed and addressed with subsequent edits once it was pointed out. If there are other issues which make it a superweapon, these were not pointed out in the final review & decision I was given, neither were they brought up earlier and I was not asked to make changes. Could you point out which elements are problematic, so that I may make the necessary changes either through the 2nd chance process, or a resubmission and address the issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom